Smart Human Translation

TOMEDES is a leading global translation company that provides services to major Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike. Tomedes employs professional and specialized human translators adapted to the needs of today's business organizations and is thus able to offer top-notch translations in any field.

Over 10,000 expert translators and linguists will carry out your translation, localization, content and SEO needs.

Area of expertise:

Legal, technical, financial, marketing, medical, high-tech.
Tomedes provides 24/7 human support and 1-year guarantee on all translations.

Beaverton, OR
  • 9450 SW Gemini Dr #34540
    Beaverton, OR 97008-7105
  • Israel

Thai & Spanish Translations for Intelligence Collecting Company

"I use the videos a lot and they are a success."

Tomedes provides multi-language (Thai and Spanish) translation and voice over services for video projects. Now, they’re engaged for a third language (Japanese).

Tel Aviv, Israel
Rony Reshef
VP Marketing & Sales, Ability Computers & Software Industries Ltd

Internal and external feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to more work for Tomedes. Their consistent communication, responsiveness, and customer-focused approach justify the investment and make them a valuable partner.

I work for Ability Computers & Software Industries. We’re a publicly traded company based in Israel, and we deal with intelligence collecting systems. Our systems do interception, analysis, and evaluation of content primarily from cellular and satellite communications.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tomedes?

I needed help with translation and adding voice over to several video clips.

First they reviewed the script in English. I wanted to get their opinion on the text to see if there were any issues or areas they could improve. We also discussed the inflection and the pronunciation. I didn't want someone to just read the word file in a dry manner. I need them to express certain things, such as making their voice higher when there’s a need for excitement. I didn't like the tone that they used for one video clip. I explained to them what I didn't like and they made some changes, which I approved. They’ve worked on Thai and Spanish versions for me already, and we’re about to start on a third language (probably Japanese).

I work with 3–5 people, including an assigned project manager.

How did you come to work with Tomedes?

I found them online, and I liked their description. After we started working on my project, I learned that they’d previously worked with other people in my company.

I’ve spent probably $4000–$5000 to date.

We started working together about 5–6 months ago and the engagement is ongoing.

People that have listened to or watched the video clips are very happy with them. I can’t say if it’s because of the voice over or because of the video or both, but I can tell you that I use the videos a lot and they are a success. On one of the clips, I asked them to finish everything within five business days and they were able to deliver.

How did Tomedes perform from a project management standpoint?

The product manager is cooperative and accessible. The whole team is customer- oriented and helpful. No matter what time I contact them via WhatsApp or phone or email, I always get a response. Even if it’s a different person answering the phone, they seem to have access to a project database so they know who I am and understand my project. The process is very fluid even though I may be working with several different people. Before starting the project, I asked them to sign an NDA. The agreement specifies that everything will be deleted or erased from their databases after finishing each job. They told me that they've done it, and I trust them.

They’re willing to accept any challenge that I may give them. I like that attitude because it makes them much more involved in the project on a personal level. They ask me a lot of questions to try to understand what I'm looking for. So it's not only caring about getting the translation right, but caring about the overall project and wanting to make sure everyone is happy with the final product.

I’ve worked with other translators and the mood was different. It was just, give me the script that you need me to translate and that's it. Tomedes will be more involved in your project. They try to deliver the best product that they can.

Overall Score So far, so good.
    They met all project deadlines.
    They weren’t the most or the least expensive, but very reasonable.
    I’m 100% satisfied.
    I definitely will recommend them.

English & Hebrew Document Translation for Investment Firm

“Tomedes’ translations retain the exact meanings we’re looking for.”

2014 - Ongoing

Tomedes translates documents from Hebrew or English into Dutch. They check legal and accounting terminology as a part of their services. The work is ongoing.

General Legal Counsel, Investment & Holding Firm

Tomedes successfully completed many translations and earned loyalty and a long-term customer with their excellent quality. They fulfill the need in their niche market by preparing the translations with strong accuracy and professionalism. They offer responsive communications and vast availability.

I’m the general legal counsel of a company that owns investment assets. I’ve worked with Tomedes on behalf of this company, as well as during my previous job at a legal firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tomedes?

When I was working for the law firm, I had many documents that needed to be translated into English, given that many of my customers were from the U.S. For example, prospectuses and offerings needed to be translated within a short time frame.

I use their translation services when I need to translate a document from Hebrew or English into Dutch. It’s uncommon to find people who are able to translate to Dutch. They know how to use legal and accounting terms when translating, which makes things easier for me, as I don’t have to check their work for accuracy.

I haven’t met everyone on their team. I usually correspond with two people who move my requests forward. Most times, I don’t know who the person doing the translation is.

How did you come to work with Tomedes?

They were well known in the law firm I used to work for. Other attorneys who’d used their services gave me their contact information. I was pleased with their work, so I took them with me to my current company.

Their work for my current company has been around 15,000 Israeli New Shekels ($4,200 USD). They charge us on a per-word basis.

I started working with Tomedes 4–5 years ago.

Tomedes is always spot-on. They provide services in a timely manner, and the wording is very good, not done by amateurs. I do check the overall work, but there aren’t many occasions when I need to change anything. In the case of Dutch to English translations, understanding the wording and the intent of the author is the most important part. Tomedes’ translations retain the exact meanings we’re looking for.

How did Tomedes perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m pleased with them in this respect. We typically communicate through email, phone, and WhatsApp. I get in touch with Tomedes maybe once a month, given that our scope is quite small. They have worked for me on weekends and holidays since we don’t have the same holidays as the ones in the U.S.

How would you assess them for the ability to keep your information secure?

The law firm where I used to work was very strict on confidentiality. I asked Tomedes whether the information was secure, and they assured us that it was. Nothing has ever gone independently from them to any third-party unless they asked for my permission first.

Tomedes stands out through their efficiency; they get on board in a short time for a large number of files. They have a lot of employees, so they were always able to find enough translators and deliver on time. If we had an extremely short timetable, they asked me if I’d like to divide the work between several translators. Everything was transparent.

With Tomedes, someone always replied to my messages, even late at night. They let me know that the email was received and that they were on the task. They are efficient, quick to provide deliverables, and the translation work is of a very high standard; it’s not something that I have to constantly review and amend using specific business terms.

It’s important for customers to know that there is someone who always replies to messages and provides delivery dates, and they adhere to those. Tomedes has good personal relations, and they keep in touch even when there is no need for translation services. They’ve called just to ask if everything is okay, which is part of customer relations. I’m pleased with Tomedes.

I refer Tomedes automatically to anyone asking me for translation services.

German Legal Translations for Law Firm

"Their translations are good quality, and the way they were submitted is aesthetic and nice-looking."

Aug. 2017 - May 2018

Tomedes Ltd provided translation services for multiple languages including Spanish, Hebrew, Italian, German, and English.

Office Manager, Law Firm

Aside from a single occurrence, after which Tomedes referred the translation to another resource, their work was always satisfactory and visually pleasing. Their energetic, passionate staff promptly responded to all inquiries and made themselves highly-accessible, even outside of normal work hours.

I’m the officer manager of a small, family law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tomedes Ltd?

We needed reliable translation services because I’d had a very bad experience with other vendors.

They translated complex legal cases involving Spanish, German, English, Italian, and sometimes Hebrew.

I worked with a B2B Account Manager.

How did you come to work with Tomedes Ltd?

The lawyers we were working with in Israel told me they had a very good experience with Tomedes Ltd. I had very tight deadlines and contacted them, and their translations seemed to be of very good quality.

We’ve spent $29,000. They bill per word.

We worked together from August 2017 until May 2018.

I don’t speak German, so I was unable to check the work I received, but I know that everyone that received the translations understood them clearly. What we received from them helped us, and there was only one translation, from Italian, that I wasn’t satisfied with. They immediately referred my job to someone else though. Their translations were good quality, and the way they were submitted is aesthetic and nice-looking.

How did Tomedes Ltd perform from a project management standpoint?

I would send the job to someone and then get replies from other people, which was fine, because I knew someone was always there to answer, even in the middle of the night. If I needed something urgently, they would find a way to get it done. If they felt like they wouldn’t be able to make a deadline, they’d call me in advance and tell me they might be late. In the end, though, they weren’t late. They’re very service oriented and tried to accommodate us. The prices are convenient, and they’d send me a quotation for approval before starting any work.

They’re nice, young, and highly motivated. They comply with deadlines and always respond quickly to phone calls.

They're great with deadlines.

Spanish & Portuguese Localization for Digital Intelligence Company

“The team is always available to provide an answer, no matter what time I ask it.”

2015 - Ongoing

Tomedes provides Spanish and Portuguese translation services for English content. Additionally, the team provides design layout and video services for the translated material.

Senior Marketing Manager, Americas, Digital Intelligence Company

Exemplary turnaround time and quality work combined meant Tomedes’ translation services became an integral part of content promotion in Central and South America. By providing context and intention in their finished work, the team provided more than a direct translation.

I am the senior marketing manager at a digital intelligence company, where I oversee our work in North and South America.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tomedes?

Most of our content is created in English, but we serve regions where English isn't predominantly spoken. In order to promote and launch our material, we needed Spanish and Portuguese translations.

Some vendors offer the direct translation of material without capturing the real meaning. Tomedes successfully interprets and translates our content so that it doesn't sound unusual in the translated language, while still adhering to our original intention. They also use consistent terminology over time, so we don't need to worry about a reader being confused by several variations of a phrase like "analytics solutions." In addition to translated copy, they also define the layout and provide video services.

It depends on the time of day I send a work request but, but I usually hear back from project managers. I don't know how they're structured, but I know they try and keep each translator with the same kind of work because it's easier to complete once you're familiar with the material.

We've spent approximately $50,000 with Tomedes

I've worked with them for over a year, and they've worked with the company since about 2015.

When I've worked with other vendors, I've gotten negative feedback or requests to change something from my project managers, but I've yet to receive any negative feedback or comments for Tomedes' work.

How did Tomedes perform from a project management standpoint?

We use a glossary for translation and localization processes that we update regularly with new vocabulary. Whenever I make an addition or change, I share it with the Tomedes team and they immediately make adjustments to their translated work.

Furthermore, their turnaround time is quick and they're always able to deliver within our requested timeframe. Once I approve the estimate they’ve given me, they provide me with their expected finish date and start work.

The team is always available to provide an answer, no matter what time I ask it. When I send an email, I always get a response within the same day, and usually within a few minutes.

I like the system they have in place, but I would suggest they use a project management tool, if only to simplify the process on their end.

Translation Services for Telecom Company

"The quality of the work was extremely high, like nothing that I've seen before in this type of project."

Mar. - May 2019

Tomedes Ltd translated a user guide and a collection of technical documents.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Plano, Texas
Global Commercial Leader, Telecom Company

Tomedes Ltd completed the deliverables on time, and internal stakeholders are pleased with the quality of their services. Professional and dedicated, the team provided quick responses and showed a willingness to go beyond their scope to solve technical challenges.

The division we work in deals with SaaS instant communication application with several components that work in conjunction with it. I am the Global Commercial leader of the project

For what projects/services did your company hire Tomedes Ltd?

As our solution is getting launched around the globe, the need to have user guides and technical documents to be translated into several languages was imminent. Time was not on our side and neither did we have a big budget to be able to react quickly.

After speaking to several providers, Tomedes was the only one that not only met our expectations in terms of delivery times but also was willing to work with us in creative ways to achieve staying within budget. Their customer service and will to work to solve our challenge the best possible way was detected from the very first call.

Describe the project in detail and what their cost structure looked like.

They were extremely detailed about everything, handled the project according to budget and estimates.

How would you describe/assess the quality of their work?

The quality of the work was amazing. All documents were very well translated and edited as expected on time. The way they communicated with us throughout the project and during the process was extremely professional and above our expectations. Regardless of the challenges that they encounter, as there always are, they approached them in a friendly and willing to solve it manner. The quality of the work was extremely high, like nothing that I've seen before in this type of project.

What impressed you about their services?

What impressed us was not only their capabilities of getting the job done on time. But the willingness to work with us, help us and go beyond their responsibilities to help us with some technical difficulties. They are amazing to work with!

None. They are a great partner who understand the value of what they do.

Brochure Translation for Investment Advising Company

"Their positive attitude was remarkable."

Aug. 2018

Tomedes Ltd translated an eight-page brochure into Chinese and Spanish, even taking charts and graphs into consideration.

Verona, Wisconsin
James Byrd
President & CIO, Midwest Asset Management, Inc.

The project team delivered accurate translations before the expected due date. Tomedes’ competitive pricing and commitment to their work set them apart from other vendors.

I’m the president of a registered investment advising company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Tomedes Ltd?

We needed to translate a brochure from English to Chinese and Spanish.

We needed accurate translations in a reasonable period of time, as well as good support afterward.

We found them by searching online.

They translated eight pages, including picture text, charts, and graphs.

There were two people involved.

They surpassed all expectations.

The workflow was excellent.

Their positive attitude was remarkable.

Overall Score Everything went well.
    They delivered sooner than expected.
    Their price was very competitive.
    They were very concerned about delivering everything we expected.
    Yes, I would recommend them.

Editing in German for a Company Brochure

"They should keep up the quality!"

Aug. 2018

Tomedes Ltd provided editing and proofreading services, specifically for a German text of about 1,000 words.

Seoul, South Korea
David J. Park
Director of Strategy and Planning, Infina Inc.

Tomedes delivered a quality product on time and at an affordable price. Their project management and round-the-clock support are highlights of the collaboration.

We are an accredited CME (continuing medical education) provider for the medical community in China.

For what projects/services did your company hire Tomedes Ltd?

We needed proofreading and editing services in German for our company brochure.

I found them on Google.

Describe the project in detail and what their cost structure looked like.

They were in charge of proofreading about 1,000 words.

How would you describe/assess the quality of their work?

They made sure to deliver the product in a timely manner. Great job!

What impressed you about their services?

They deliver great work and affordable pricing. Tomedes provided 24/7 customer support with a dedicated project manager, who called us for clarifying the goal of the project.

No. They should keep up the quality!