A website remains at the heart of the overall brand experience – it can build or break a reputation. Forty-eight percent (48%) of people said a website’s design is the number one factor in determining the credibility of a business.
Websites provide a huge opportunity for marketers to convert visitors into loyal customers.
Ready to learn more? Let's look at 5 quick tips to get site visitors to love your business’s website.
5 Ways to Win Over Website Visitors
- Provide suitable load speed and functionality
- Optimize your conversions
- Make your content authentic
- Focus on design
- Establish credibility
1. Provide Suitable Load Speed and Functionality
As a user, it’s natural to get frustrated if a site takes too much time to load or has functional issues. Let’s look at how your business can avoid some common shortfalls.
Resolve Speed Issues
Online visitors' attention spans are not long. Every second lost because of slow page loading is an unneeded cost for your business.
Mobile sites that load within two seconds or less observe a 15% higher conversion rate. Don’t worry, it’s not too difficult to fix speed issues:
- Limit the size of the images to less than 100kb by optimizing them
- Use the lazy-loading technique to load only the important sections of a site
- Choose a content delivery network to render content quickly
- Use Google’s Page Speed Insights tool to track and resolve speed issues
With a suitably quick loading speed, your website will be primed for success.
Fix Downtime Issues
When a site hits downtime, it becomes inaccessible to its users. To avoid this issue:
- Choose a reliable web hosting service that fulfills the requirements of your site
- Set up uptime monitors to get notified when the site is down
- Avoid using faulty plug-ins and themes
Provide users with an acceptable downtime experience to keep your site accessible and efficient.
Check Error Pages
Error pages are the URLs that no longer exist. When a visitor lands on a page that isn’t available, they are bounced to an error page.
You need to keep a track of error pages through regular site audits. After identifying errors, take these steps to fix them:
- Work on the design and content of error pages; make them interactive and user-friendly
- Redirect the users to an alternative webpage
Now, users should be sent to fewer error pages.
Optimize Your Mobile Experience
More than half of users (52%) access websites on mobile devices. It’s essential, therefore, to optimize your site to work across devices and browsers.
A seamless experience is critical to making a good first impression and getting visitors to return to your site.
2. Optimize Your Conversions
There are website components that can help a business initiate a conversation with site visitors. A contact form, for instance, helps users inquire about products and services. Here are some common tips to get site visitors into your sales funnel.
Write Effective Copy
Good website copy wins hearts and builds trust. Use of powerful and emotional words make the message persuasive and triggers action. Take a look at this example:
Who wouldn’t want to become the best? Copy like this will engage customers and earn your business more conversions.
Call to Action
You need to make it easy for site visitors to navigate through the pages and find the relevant information.
Calls-to-action (CTAs) guide the users to the right landing page.
Use Lead Magnets
Businesses can offer free resources such as research reports, e-books, tools, templates, and whitepapers in exchange for visitor contact details.
By offering a free social media workbook, this company can channel customers into their sales funnel.
By using effective conversion optimization techniques, you can generate more sales from the existing traffic on your website.
3. Make Your Content Authentic
A website isn’t just an online brochure communicating business offerings. It’s also a platform that lets you build and maintain long-term customer relationships.
Helpful, audience-centric content in the form of blog posts, infographics, and videos helps establish a connection with site visitors. Here are some quick tips to publish authentic content:
- Site visitors are not interested in your products and services. They are looking for solutions to their problems. Make use of content intelligence to delve deeper into search intent and visitor preferences.
- Work on defining a content voice. Is it quirky, authoritative, humorous, or something else? Bring out your brand’s personality and market your content as a human-to-human conversation.
Original and high-quality content creates the foundation of trust between a site and its users.
4. Focus on Design
Website design controls what customers feel and understand about your business. How do you implement a design that resonates with your site’s visitors?
- Make sure the colors, fonts, and styling are consistent across pages
- Follow brand guidelines to re-enforce your business identity
- Keep your audience in mind while planning the design. Make every aspect functional. You need to make it easy for users to navigate and locate information
- Include professional and high-quality images and videos
- Use lots of white space and a limited color palette to give the site a clean look. Apple’s website is a notable example.
A beautiful, audience-centric web design not only enhances visitor experience but also makes it more memorable.
5. Establish Credibility
A website is often the first point of contact for potential customers. Prospects at the discovery stage are looking for credibility factors.
Testimonials add social proof to the merit of your services. Add testimonial videos if you can, and you may receive more user engagement and appreciation.
Press Mentions and Quality Seals
Showcase press mentions and quality seals on the website's homepage or “About Us” page.
Those shiny logos build the right perception and put your business in another league.
Mentioning contact details saves the hassle for users looking for ways to contact you or ask a question. It makes the business appear more human and trustworthy. The contact page should have one or more of these: a contact number, an email address, or a contact form.
Also, lengthy and complex forms can annoy visitors.
Instead, follow the example of the contact form above and aim for a concise and simple display.
Search Listing Optimization
Many visitors will navigate to your website by using search engines such as Google. It’s critical to optimize your search listing by creating a Google My Business profile and adding structured data using schema.org.
Encourage your customers to add positive reviews on your Google profile, and don’t forget to respond to negative feedback.
Website visitors need assurance every step of the way. Your job is to communicate that you’re there for them, and, of course, keep all the promises you make.
Win Over Website Visitors
Every marketer is seeking to build audience trust. A website is a great place to do just that. It creates the right impression and lays the foundation for long-term business growth.
Provide solutions, establish credibility, and give your customers the best online experience possible.