A small retail website lacked first-page rankings for the majority of its target keywords and moved to a new domain with a bad SEO history. Coalition Technologies addressed the negative SEO indicators for the site with an on-site heavy campaign, resulting in improved rankings and a positive impact on the retail business’ bottom line.
Retail Fashion Boutique’s New Domain Suffered From Negative SEO
The fashion boutique bought a new, shorter domain name to increase name recognition for their site. However, the domain they purchased had spammy links from the previous domain owner.
With a new domain, the retail site needed to build awareness of its new site in the industry and redirect visitors to the new domain.
Coalition Technologies Uses On-Site SEO Efforts to Optimize New Domain
Coalition Technologies instituted an on-site SEO campaign, supported by content and link-building efforts, that both cleaned the negative SEO from and optimized the retailer’s new domain.
- Established of branding and copy guidelines
- Ongoing research into positive keywords that are likely to drive qualified leads/transactions and negative keywords that may hurt the business
On-Site Optimization Efforts
- Improved navigation and site structure (title tags, meta descriptions, alt image attributions)
- Optimized site content for conversion(on-page copy, blogs, source code in content)
- A/B testing
- Built links to top landing pages and high-quality non-competitive resources on other sites
- Addressed duplicate content issues
- Improved graphic design and visual appeal
Off-Site Optimization Efforts
- Online public relations and link building targeting
- Backlink and 404 analysis and changes
- Search engine results pages (SERPs) metrics
- Reputation monitoring and citation building
Retail Site Earns National Rankings, Increased Returns & Conversions
Coalition Technologies’ efforts established national rankings for the fashion retailer for key terms. As a result, organic site visits increased by approximately 25% and conversions increased 36%, which totaled a 9:1 return on SEO investment.
Range for National Rankings for Small Firms is $2,000-$4,000/Month
The overall cost for these SEO services runs between $24,000 to $48,000/year.