The novel coronavirus is not only a public health emergency — it has turned into an economic emergency, too. Consequently, businesses are preparing for the possibility of economic turmoil similar to the 2008 recession.
Various industries are already facing a decrease in businesses because of the coronavirus.
Your business is not alone in its struggles during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the number of coronavirus cases grows each day around the world, does this mean we should lose hope for our businesses? No. It means you should pivot your strategies and focus on SEO to position your business to succeed when the pandemic passes.
4 Reasons to Invest in SEO During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Search is easy to measure
- People are increasingly searching for products online
- People still need your service and products
- SEO sets your business up for success after the pandemic
1. Search Is Easy to Measure
The success of SEO is very objective — is your website appearing high in search results?
If you don’t rank highly on Google, you can choose different keywords to target and implement other SEO techniques such as link-building.
SEO is reactive by nature. Therefore, a search engine marketer should react to data and change their techniques accordingly. They can promptly move to stronger buyer intent keyword phrases that will appeal to consumers’ current mood or requirements.
2. People Are Increasingly Searching for Products Online
Non-essential stores all over the world have closed their doors. As a result, people are searching for more products online than ever before.
If you want your business to succeed during this time, you must be appearing on search results. Otherwise, no one will be able to find you online.
SEO professionals can help create link-building campaigns around products.
3. People Still Need Your Services and Products
Although the world has changed temporarily, people still need products and services.
And as we mentioned before, both organic and paid search engine marketing is the right way to reach the customer with buying intent in this current environment.
It doesn’t mean that SEO is a quick fix for your business, but you can elevate a Google Ads campaign and run in a few days or hours.
4. SEO Sets Your Business Up for Success After the Pandemic
Things will get back to normal eventually, but we just don’t know when.
It might take some time to recover from the loss, but search engine marketing will continue to make lives easier.
Implementing efficient SEO marketing programs during this downtime will be helpful for when the market is normal again. You can create an SEO campaign that will yield results for many years to come. Those results could help your business recover from the possible losses from the economic downturn.
So, Studio45 encourages all the businesses to begin your search engine marketing efforts.
To ensure that businesses don’t go through much loss during COVID-19, Google has provided a complete guide about what they should do with Google My Business (GMB). -
- The guide includes recommendations such as:
- If you have changed your business hours, update the new open and close times
- Mention if any of your business operations are affected from COVID-19. Also, share some additional information such as what precautions your business is taking.
- Keep your audience updated about what’s going on with your organization via Google posts
- Ensure that your contact information is accurate so that people can reach you
You can keep your business on track using Google My Business and its various tools.
SEO Can Help Businesses Stay Afloat During the Economic Downturn
Harnessing your business with the vast toolsets of SEO and Google My Business is the smartest move to protect your business from further loss and bounce back quickly.
This is the time when you can work on your skillset and plan a successful SEO approach to stay one step ahead in the marketplace.
Your business can still succeed during the COVID-19 pandemic.