Who We Are
Clutch is an established and rapidly growing startup in Dupont Circle, Washington D.C. Our goal is to connect small and medium businesses with the agencies and software solutions that can help them accomplish their business goals.
How does this work? We conduct extensive research on agencies and software in an array of ever-expanding categories – advertising and marketing, web design and development, mobile app development, and IT solutions. We interview past clients to learn about the customer’s experience. We rate the agencies and software based on our findings.
We are the leading online source for research, ratings, and reviews for mobile application developers, and our role as the go-to source for authentic content on B2B services and solutions is expanding to include other IT and digital marketing segments.
We're honored to be featured in the annual Inc. 5000 as one of the top 500 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., as well as in LinkedIn's Top 50 U.S. Startups.
Who We're Looking For
We’re looking for a full-time professional to support in-house content processing (e.g., editing, writing, QA) and process improvement. You will interface with multiple stakeholders—internal and external—throughout the content production process.
What You'll Do
- Use AI-driven software to listen and then convert raw interview audio into clean manuscripts—or transcribe them manually from audio files
- Proofread, copy edit, peer edit, and write content related to phone interview-driven reviews performed and recorded by our business analysts
- Refer to and bone up on our content and style guidelines, with a view toward clarifying any ambiguity
- Collaborate with colleagues on multiple online platforms, including Slack, Drupal, Google Drive, etc.
- Evaluate AI platforms to find the best fit for Clutch’s transcription needs
- Capture quantitative outputs
- Develop qualitative analyses of outcomes and workflows, with a view toward constant process improvement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (to be demonstrated significantly during the hiring and onboarding processes)
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to think critically
- A knack for understanding tricky technical material, then making it comprehensible for a layperson
- The ability to accept constructive feedback and incorporate it into future work, but also work relatively independently (i.e., minimal daily oversight, perhaps not located at Clutch HQ)
You get extra points if you have experience and/or interest in:
- Technical writing
- Working with a B2B content platform
What We Offer
If, after our extensive vetting and on boarding process, you’re given the “all-clear,” here’s what you’ll get:
- An annual salary of $42,000
- A competitive benefits package
- Personalized training and coaching for all aspects of the role
- Ability to peer edit and coach other teammates
- An opportunity to learn more about platform businesses in the technology space, with the possibility of internal advancement for high-performers
- An energetic, casual company culture
To apply for this position, please send the following to [email protected] with the subject line “Clutch Content Processing position”:
- Cover letter in the body of your email
- Resume in PDF format