The art and science of naming.

Zinzin is a naming and branding agency that creates powerful product and company names to propel and differentiate brands beyond their competition. We are committed to helping companies rise above the generic branding chatter that clogs cultural discourse. Among many company and product brand names we've developed (see our extensive Portfolio on our website) we created the name Clutch for the site you are visiting right now! (See the Clutch CEO's review of Zinzin below.)

So, why exactly is a name so important? The answer is simple: first impressions matter, and a company or product name is the first point of audience contact with your brand. In many respects, the name is the brand, setting the tone and telling the story of your brand to the world. Your name represents your business in the most fundamental way, and everything you do or ever will do begins with your name. That’s why it’s vital to get the name right.

At Zinzin, we believe in the power of real, human language, in names that have rich meaning and depth. Names that are born from a rigorous, logical and battle-tested naming process, yet aspire to poetry and art. We help you to dream big, with names that will create lasting impressions and inspire an emotionally engaged and loyal audience. In short, we want to set your brand free — free from the commonplace, free from the forgettable, free from your competition.

Berkeley, CA
  • 1025 Carleton Street, Suite 9
    Berkeley, CA 94710

Clutch, 3M, ABC, Alcatel, Alloy, AMC, Cisco, CMT (TV), Commune Hotels, Constellation Brands, Daybreak Games, DirecTV, DST, DuPont, E.&J. Gallo, EA SPORTS, Éclair, eCornell, Ember, F5 Networks, FUJIFILM SonoSite, GE, General Dynamics, Google, Gogo, Georgia-Pacific, Hasbro, Honeywell, Intel, Jabra, MGM Resorts, Move Inc, MTV, Nielsen, Nokia, Parkwood Entertainment, Participant Media, PepsiCo, Raytheon, Seagate, Target, TCF Bank, Turner Entertainment, Viacom, ZS Associates.

Naming for TV Network

"The name was very well-received by consumers and the industry, which was the core metric."

Aug. 2012 - Jan. 2013

Zinzin led a naming process for a new cable television channel. They helped create the brief, and then did multiple rounds of naming and revisions.

Kent Rees
Former EVP Marketing, Bedrock Media Ventures

The name received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Zinzin's understanding of the naming landscape helped them meet or beat deadlines. They kept the project moving (and on budget) through constant communication, providing critical status updates throughout the engagement.

I’m the former EVP of marketing at Participant Media for their cable channel.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

We were trying to figure out a name for the network. Participant Media has a specific point of view about using media and content to do good in the world. We had to find a name that evoked the mission of the company but also was an inspiring brand to millennial consumers. While it had a somewhat serious background, it couldn't sound serious.

Zinzin started by interviewing me. We worked together to create a brief that laid out the ground rules and parameters of how to think about the name and what was important. I shared that brief internally to get buy-in from my bosses and the rest of the company.

Then we went through three or four phases of names and revisions. I did that with them one on one, and then with the rest of the company. They would present us some names that might work and ask for our feedback. We told them what we did or didn’t like, and we would have creative conversations around those options. The name we ended up selecting was Pivot. Since the name had to work worldwide is as a global brand, they also gave us advice on how to handle clearing the name from a legal perspective.

The main person I worked with was Jay (founder, Zinzin). He brought somebody else in to work with us as well, but I can’t remember their name.

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

I don't really remember. I think I did some research around different naming companies. I chose to work with them after speaking with them over the phone.

I can't remember exactly but it was between $25,000–$50,000. It was a phased deal where we paid an initial fee and then the rest for multiple rounds of revisions.

We worked together from August 2012–January 2013.

Pivot was only around for five years but people understood the name as it applied to the idea of change and progress. The name was very well-received by consumers and the industry, which was the core metric.

How did Zinzin perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was excellent. Everything was on time. They also did a good job of explaining upfront how long each phase was going to take. The process went really smoothly. I’d never done a naming exercise before, so they gave me a lot of good advice throughout.

They had a great overall attitude and really listened to us. They presented us with a variety of names. We had options that were made up words and ones that were real words. That two-pronged approach was important because most good names are already taken. The worst thing that could’ve happened was to come up with a name that we liked and then couldn't use because it couldn't clear legal. They did a good job balancing both the business and the creative aspects of coming up with a usable name.

Not that I can think of. It was a good process and I was happy with the result.

Everything was done quicker than we expected.
    The process was extremely valuable and fairly priced.
    They did a great job of shepherding us through the process.

Naming for Product Management Software Company

"With Zinzin, we worked with the highest quality people."

Feb. - Apr. 2017

Zinzin led a naming exercise, providing background research and multiple rounds of iteration.

Rich Reimer
Former CEO, Obo

The new name was well-received by internal stakeholders. The Zinzin team inspired confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. Expertise and meticulousness were hallmarks of their work.

I’m the former CEO of Obo, which makes product management software.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

As a brand new company, we had a placeholder name that we wanted to change.

First they met with us to talk about our objectives and what we were trying to achieve. They interviewed several of us in order to understand the characteristics of the brand. We gave them background on our product and the brand image that we wanted to convey. They gave us an overview of how to think about different types of names. For example, descriptive names tell what the product is while evocative names draw on emotion.

Zinzin provided us with 10 names, plus a description of each name and a backstory on how it relates to the company. We told them the ones that we liked in order to help them refine their direction. They repeated the process for two more rounds until we got down to a shortlist of 2–3 names. They did some basic research on trademarks to make sure there weren’t obvious conflicts. Once we decided on the one we liked best, we used our lawyers to do a full search and registration.

We worked with Jay (founder, Zinzin) and Martin (creative director, Zinzin).

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

We went through a selection process and talked to 3–4 companies. We selected them because of their track record on naming. I also liked that when I set up a meeting with them, I met with Jay as opposed to an account person. That level of interaction was impressive. They didn’t have the lowest price, but I liked Zinzin better and was confident they would produce better results.

The project took place between February–April 2017.

Obo is a small startup so the key metric was if our team liked the name. It got a positive reaction, so it passed the test. We actually had multiple good options that we could have gone with, which was great.

How did Zinzin perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a proven, tight process. They were able to fairly solicit staff opinions, which is important when you're doing something as opinion-driven as naming. They didn’t let certain people dominate the conversation, and were able to create consensus.

It’s great to have two very seasoned, strong principals working on a project. A more junior staff likely would have been assigned to our account at a bigger firm. With Zinzin, we worked with the highest quality people. What you see is what you get with them, and there are no surprises afterwards.

No. Naming is a very niche area with a well-defined set of things that need to be done. They've been doing this for a long time and they really got it down.

Overall Score It was a smooth process and a good result.
    They had a tight, well-run process.
    They weren’t the least expensive, but provided high value.
    We were very happy with the final name.
    I would definitely consider using them again.

Naming for Food Distribution Company

“They’re like the wizards of naming, truly capturing our company’s look and feel within a few words.”

Aug. - Sept. 2012

After developing a thorough understanding of the brand through a conference call, Zinzin provided a list of three names for a food delivery company. Each possibility aligned with the desired look and feel.

Montreal, Canada
Robin Bournival
President, Nuage Rouge

The name perfectly reflected the brand, which grew increasingly valuable and was recently sold. Zinzin’s services and deliverables were impressive, using their expertise to meet each objective quickly and effectively.

I was the president and founder of Nuage Rouge, a distribution company that specialized in local food products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

I wanted expert assistance with naming my company.

Over a conference call, the Zinzin team asked me a series of comprehensive questions about myself and my company and my likes and dislikes. In the following days, they brainstormed potential names and submitted three possibilities for me to choose from. It was a challenge for them because my business is based in Quebec, so they had to draw inspiration from the French language.

I worked with Jay (CEO and Creative Director, Zinzin).

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

While looking for information about naming and branding, I came across Zinzin’s website. They explained their process thoroughly, and I could tell that they clearly specialized in naming. Based on their website’s documentation, I felt comfortable hiring them.

I spent $10,000 on their services.

We worked together for one week around August 2012.

Because we had a well-developed brand, starting with the name, the company collected a lot of value over the years, and I managed to sell it about two months ago.

How did Zinzin perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was perfect. I am amazed by their expertise and the quality that they delivered. They’re like the wizards of naming, truly capturing our company’s look and feel within a few words.

A suitable name is necessary for any successful company, and they are true experts in this regard.

No, they’re very good at what they do.

Overall Score It was perfect.
    They were always available.
    It was a bit expensive or me.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Product Naming for Regional Bank

“We ended up with a remarkable brand identity and name.”

n/a

Jan. - Apr. 2016

Helping build a brand for a new line of product, Zinzin led a product naming process that included identifying target audiences and doing trademark research.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Denver, Colorado
Andrew Swanson
Former Product Marketing Manager, TCF Bank

The name makes the brand stand out among competitors, and the business is growing. Creative and experienced, Zinzin exceeded all expectations, while their clear and structured process helped them work quickly and effectively.

When I worked with Zinzin, I was a product marketing manager at TCF Bank. It's a regional bank that provides traditional financial services to consumers, small businesses, and commercial companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

We were launching a unique line of product (we were one of the few financial services companies that would be able to provide that type of business to consumers.)  We wanted to brand the product, so we were looking for a company to help us establish a brand and identify a name for it.

They helped us determine what audiences would be relevant to the TCF Bank's umbrella brand and find a name that would make us stand out.

We reached out to them when we first started developing the line of products. We needed to have an idea for a name before we could develop a marketing plan or create a logo. Their main focus was on the naming convention with some of the alternative ideas behind what the name could represent. In addition, they helped us with the trademark research.

I worked with two members of their team, one of whom was our primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with them?

My boss worked with Zinzin in his previous role, so he recommended them.

We worked with them between January–April 2016.

As far as the value on our first six months of product launch, we exceeded our expectations by 15%. I left the company after that, so I didn't see any brand surveying results.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They were better than any other vendor I had worked with. They had a very organized process and kept the project on track. Also, they're great communicators, so we didn't have any issues.

They were great at brainstorming and brought a lot of creative ideas to the table. We appreciated their unique naming convention model and the fact that they laid out from the beginning what their process would be.

They did excellent work, but their ideas were mostly in the written form. Since they didn’t bring their ideas to life visually, we had to do some further work on the design side.

Overall Score They were able to accomplish our goals quickly and efficiently. We were very happy with the outcome.
    There was nothing that felt rushed or out of place. The whole process was succinct and clear.
  • N/A Cost
    They exceeded our expectations. We ended up with a remarkable brand identity and name.
    They had the best process out of all the vendors I had worked with on branding.

Naming Services for Gaming Investment Company

"They are experts in their field."

Mar. - June 2017

Offering specialized naming expertise, Zinzin collaborated on a company renaming and rebranding project.

Prague, Czech Republic
CEO, Gaming Investment Company

The partnership produced a compelling new company name with broad-reaching appeal. Accommodating, astute, and creative, Zinzin welcomed feedback and remained actively engaged throughout multiple proposal rounds. Their work, though expensive, reflects their industry experience and acumen.

I am the CEO of multiple game industry companies that provide B2B services for game developers and publishers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Zinzin?

We needed naming services for our company.

We wanted a strong new name with global appeal.

Online research of marketing agencies revealed that there are specific naming experts. We decided to look for those with a solid reputation and the greatest experience. Zinzin came highly recommended on many websites, including Clutch. We ultimately chose them for their interesting approach to naming techniques, which gave us the feeling that they understood both their business and the challenges of creating a name.

We conducted two workshops via phone and completed several forms in order to provide Zinzin with more insight into our company goals and aspirations. After each of a series of proposal rounds, we would offer feedback to narrow down potential names. We began with several that were apt for the U.S. market, but weak from an international standpoint, and Zinzin adapted well to our comments.

Zinzin provided two people with different skillsets.

We eventually decided upon the name we currently use, and the experience allowed us to reflect on our company and brand positioning. Zinzin listened to us and asked intuitive questions, confirming to us that they were the right people to help us find a powerful name we could stand behind for many years to come.

We were very happy with the workflow throughout the six-week process.

They are experts in their field. Their knowledge and approach are apparent on their website, but powerful when experienced first-hand. Anyone can find a name in the dictionary, but finding a brand name requires art and craft expertise, both of which Zinzin delivers.

They may only specialize in naming, but they do it well. We couldn’t ask for anything more.

Overall Score Zinzin is a straightforward company. They are experts who provide the quality you expect from people who have spent years perfecting their craft.
    They accommodated the differences in our time zones.
    The $30,000 USD price was very expensive for a startup, but well worth it.
    We are extremely satisfied with their help and have launched our new product with the updated name.
    I highly recommend them and would use their services again.

Naming for Home Security Automation Company

“They genuinely value the story behind the name of a brand.”

Apr. - May 2013

Zinzin helped the company come up with a new name that would resonate with U.S. and Canadian markets, providing four rounds of options.

Orem, Utah
Aaron Zeyer
Marketing Director, Fluent Home

Zinzin came up with an effective name for the brand, taking a very thoughtful and thorough approach from start to finish. Their team is very good at what they do and highly responsive to client feedback.

I'm the market director of Fluent Home, a home security and automation company operating out of Canada and the U.S.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

We engaged Zinzin to help us come up with a new name for the company. As we expanded our services into automation devices, our previous company names for the U.S. and Canada markets no longer resonated with people as we tried to promote our new services. We were looking to use a real word that would sound friendlier and more open-ended.

Zinzin picked our company apart, so they could fully understand what we offer and what our core values are. They provided four rounds of working, including a list of about 50 different names for us to choose a few from, They dug deeper into the details of each option with each round. They also helped us compare names to available URLs and similar names our competitors were using.

We worked with two people primarily, including Jay (Founder, Zinzin).

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

I believe we found them through a Google search and liked that they focused on coming up with real words for brand names. They also have a great track record of naming a lot of different products for some large companies, so we felt they had their process down.

We spent about $40,000.

We worked with them in 2013 for about three months. It took a little longer just because our upper management was a little slow to provide feedback.

Overall, we're very pleased with the name Zinzin helped us come up with. The feedback from both customers and internal teams has been great.

How did Zinzin perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very proactive at managing tasks and communicating quickly.

They genuinely value the story behind the name of a brand. The whole process was very personal and enjoyable.

When we got to our final lists of name options, we had to produce iterations of logos or potential website layouts on our end. For the investment, it would've been nice if they could've provided those services instead.

They were very punctual.
    It's a big investment, so it might help smaller companies to try to keep these services in house.
    They did a great job overall.
    They were thorough, but could've provided a little more considering the cost of services.

Naming & Brand Identity for Movie Theater Media Company

“Zinzin treated us like an individual and was flexible in their approach.”

Sept. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Zinzin rebranded a media company’s main product. They created a new name associated with an open domain and social media handles that could be legally protected.

Centennial, Colorado
Creative Director, Media Company

Industry partners responded well to the new name, and it was successfully trademarked. Zinzin used a custom approach, tailoring their work to the project’s specifications. They managed the project professionally, and deliverables were received on time. They are competitively priced.

I’m a creative director at a media company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

We needed to rebrand our main product and have it act as a clean slate for us. We wanted a catchy name with assets we could trademark, including social media handles and an open domain. These assets would allow us to protect the name in the marketplace.

We discussed our in-house research with Zinzin, who then brainstormed several names for us. These options were an empty vessel for us to brand the new show with.

The founder was our primary contact, but we worked with several people.

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

They were recommended to us, and we were impressed after meeting them. Their flexible, custom approach really stood out to us.

We worked together from September 2016 to January 2017.

All of our B2B partners have responded well to the new name. We haven’t had any major legal obstacles arise - the trademark went through well.  We’ve had a few bumps with people poking fun at the name in the marketplace, but that’s expected across such a wide audience. Anything that is less definitive, compared to the old name, will get a little resistance. But overall, it’s been very positive.

How did Zinzin perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very well organized and very professional. They delivered exactly what they committed to, on time, and allowed us to achieve the results we needed.

We appreciated the custom approach they took; it wasn’t templated at all. Some of the organizations we were interviewing seemed to provide us with a templated approach. Zinzin treated us like an individual and was flexible in their approach.

Some firms spend too much time doing detailed research at the beginning. Zinzin waited until we honed in on a small selection of names, so I don’t have a real suggestion for improvement.

I don't think they missed a single deadline or a single meeting.
    They were somewhere in the middle of what we explored.
    We were very pleased. I don't think anybody's perfect, so that's why they didn't get a five.
    I'm very likely to recommend them.

Naming & Branding for Float Studio

"They did a fantastic job of working with an out-of-box company and accepted the challenge with full gusto."

Feb. - Apr. 2016

Looking to uniquely position themselves as a high-end provider, a float studio hired Zinzin to come up with a wide range of names, narrowing the list over five weeks until one was selected.

Kirkland, Washington
Robert Barr
Owner, Rubicon Float Studio

Throughout the naming process, Zinzin was committed to ensuring all materials were present at meetings and that team members were always available to discuss questions and ideas. They provided several excellent options that could have all been the selected name in the end.

I'm the owner and operator of Rubicon Float Studio. It is a floatation studio in the Juanita Bay area of the Seattle Metro area. Floatation is a form of reduced environmental stimulus therapy that involves laying in an Epsom salt saturated tank of water, roughly 200 gallons and 10 inches deep. The Epsom salts are very good for chronic pain and sports recovery.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

When I first started the company, I had a different business name. It was called Lazy River Float Studio and I was running into problems with people who thought our business was putting a lazy river from a water theme park into a building. I realized I was having a branding issue with the name. I reached out to Zinzin because I was looking for a company that could help me rebrand and rename before I actually opened a physical location for our company.

They went through about five different phone calls, the initial meeting, and then a pre-planning meeting. This was all done telephonically. In the first meeting, they got an idea of what my company is and the services that we offer. They then went and did research on all the float studios in America, compiled all of their names, and ranked them in terms of how effective they are. Their goal was to become up with a name for me that fit into a more experiential and high-level naming category.

After they did that initial research, they provided me with several rounds of names. The first round was around 20 or 30 names. I reviewed those and then we had another phone call. We discussed which names worked and which ones didn't. We went through that round an additional two times until we had a more narrowed-down focus. The very last round was when I came to a conclusion of the name I liked - Rubicon.

Once I had made my decision, they provided me with some insight into marketing and social media aspects. Since then, they've followed up with me several times and offered me some helpful hints and tips.

My primary point of contact was Jay Jurisich. I also worked with Martin McMurray.

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

They came highly recommended through Internet searches. I looked at their brand portfolio of companies they had worked with. I was very impressed with their overall brand positioning. Since I wanted to represent a higher-end float studio, I thought it would be a good idea to go with a company that's also represented higher-end brands.

I reached out to them and they liked my unique concept for a business. They were willing to work with me to come up with a new name.

It was a five-week project. We began working with Zinzin in February 2016 and we were done by the beginning of April.

I don't have any numbers or anything, but in terms of the reception of my new name from the previous name, my brand is much stronger. It's a stronger brand than any others in the float world. We've raised the bar in terms of our brand experience and it's helped a lot with our brand positioning. When I'm dealing with other industries, the name recognition has been very good for me.

How did Zinzin perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a very good job. They laid all the steps out in front of us. Before a phone call, they were very good at making sure everything was in line. All the data was sent to me. After a phone call, they were very good at sending me notes of how the meeting went and any sort of follow-up. They would also call me a couple of days later to see if I had any questions.

What did you find most impressive about Zinzin?

Their professionalism was really good. Their willingness to take on a new type of business venture and look at it as an interesting challenge was very impressive to me because not many people want to risk their reputation on something so new. I really appreciated that they stepped out on a limb and took it seriously. They gave me five or six names that were fantastic. I've been very impressed with the response that I got from the name. Overall I'm very pleased with the experience that I had with them.

Are there areas Zinzin could improve?

My suggestion would be for people to really consider the value that they're going to get from working with an agency like Zinzin versus the price.

Overall Score They brought a lot to the table and offered me names that were unique to my industry. It was a very pleasurable experience.
    I didn't have a single issue with any sort of deadline slippage.
    I caution people that have small budgets to make sure it's really something they find necessary. For us, the pay-off has been worth it.
    I've already mentioned Zinzin to several people looking to rename.

Naming & Tagline for Natural Cosmetics Company

"[T]hey were able to ... come up with something we were very happy with."

Zinzin provided a name and tagline for a cosmetics company, intended to signify quality ingredients, pure formulas, and luxury products.

John Matise
CEO, Éclair Naturals

Zinzin was able to work within a very strict timeline, helping the company to quickly go from zero brand recognition to launching in 5,000 stores, including major retailers like Target and Rite Aid. The Zinzin team was easy to work with, collaborative, and listened to feedback.

Éclair Naturals is a cosmetics company that produces all-natural soaps, lotions, shampoos, conditioners, massage oils, and bath salts.

I'm the cofounder and CEO of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

We wanted to launch this new brand, and we needed to find a name that would signify the fact that we're made with food-grade ingredients, that we have very pure formulas, and that we're a luxury product.

Naming was the primary service. There was a little bit of copywriting with the tagline, but they did not do any type of logo design or other branding activity.

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

We had done some research online and looked at other companies who were in the naming business. We were very impressed with Zinzin because they had named one of my favorite hotels, the ARIA in Las Vegas, as well as Gogo, the in-flight Internet business.

It was in excess of $10,000.

Unfortunately, we had already scheduled many retailer meetings with stores who were interested in our products, but we didn't even have a name. We only gave them three weeks to come up with something and, in that time, they were able to go through multiple rounds of their naming process and come up with something we were very happy with

The company went from zero distribution and zero brand recognition to launching in 5,000 retail stores, including some major retailers, such as Rite Aid and Target.

What distinguishes Zinzin from other providers?

I felt it was very collaborative. I felt like they listened to our feedback. There were a couple other firms that we had interviewed, and it was very clear they were going to take the stance that, "We're the experts. You're going to pick whatever name we think is best for you," as opposed to having some rounds and some feedback and being able to hone in on something that we were comfortable with, and was also available from a copywriting perspective. Overall, Zinzin was very easy to work with and collaborative, which I've found is not common in this space.

Is there anything Zinzin could have improved or done differently?

I'd be racking my brain. I can't think of a single thing. We were very pleased with the process and the result. We're very happy with the name. I feel like I developed a friendship with Jay [Jurisch, CEO and creative director at Zinzin] and the rest of his team. We definitely stay in touch, and we're inviting them to our launch party.

Which was a very tough schedule. I'd almost give them a six.
    They were definitely on time and on budget.
    Very likely. I have, in fact, recommended them to other companies.

Naming for Online Career Matchmaker

"Everyone here is fired up about our new name. Things couldn't have gone better."

May 2015 - Jul. 2015

Zinzin renamed a career matchmaking service that had struggled to launch with a previous name. They offered their strategies, insights, and techniques to uncover the optimal business name for long-term growth.

Seattle, WA
Tom Leung
CEO, at Anthology

Zinzin’s guidance led to increased buy-in from investors and a more cohesive brand identity. Their methods were structured and transparent. Zinzin’s founder and creative director offer tremendous chemistry, creativity, and vision.

Anthology is a career matchmaking service for passive candidates. We specialize in people who aren't actively looking for jobs, but are open to considering curated opportunities.

I'm the CEO of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Zinzin?

We launched under a different brand called Poachable, which was a great name, but it failed the trademark test. We needed a new name, and we wanted to be sure that we could trademark it. We wanted to get some professional help and outside opinions.

What type of name were you seeking?

We wanted a name that captured our aspirational visions, that had the potential to become a strong brand long-term, a name that was defendable and unique, and that someday you could see being a billion-dollar company.

How did you come to work with Zinzin?

A colleague at a former company gave me a list of agencies they thought were decent, and Zinzin was on that list. I did some research on the web and looked at their website, and that's how I first engaged with them.

I think we started sometime in May [2015] and had everything wrapped up by late June or early July. It was about an eight-week process.

Our new name – Anthology – has been helpful in terms of landing some enterprise customers who thought our original name was a little too controversial or too edgy. I think the best anecdote I can give is that a very prominent venture capitalist said, "I didn't think your original name sounded like a company that I could see going public, but the new one seems like a real company that matches the big vision you have." The transition to Anthology has been very smooth, and Zinzin's role was much more than just coming up with a name. They've played a huge role in constructing the strategy and the brand identity for Anthology.

What distinguishes Zinzin from other providers?

I would say it's their people. Jay [Jurisich, founder and co-creative director at Zinzin] and Martin [McMurry, creative director at Zinzin] in particular – those two have great chemistry. I remember really looking forward to my calls with them because it was just a fun, creative exercise. I felt like they enjoyed what they did and, because of that, we were able to come up with some great ideas, and we ended up with a wonderful choice. Zinzin's biggest asset is those two. They know what they're talking about, and have a lot of creative juices flowing through them. It was a privilege to work with them.

Is there anything Zinzin could have improved or done differently?

No. They're very structured and transparent. They came up with many great options. We did have to go and do domain acquisition and logo development on our own. Maybe someday they can offer a full service, but for the naming itself, it was great. Everyone here is fired up about our new name. Things couldn't have gone better.