We think. We do. We deliver.

We provide software engineering services, consulting and UI design for software vendors, enterprise IT departments and technology startups.

Engineering

Gratify.chat

Seequre.it

ParrotPlay.tv

Web & App Development for Software Development Company

"They’re a dedicated team that doesn’t punch out after four o'clock, which I find very practical."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

Unicreo assisted with the development of the company’s videoconferencing app, using a long list of technologies for connecting iOS and Android to the web app and Windows-based backend.

Norway
Tomas Ralfs
CTO, Safe Video Communications AS

Their team has delivered nearly all milestones to perfection. They have project managers that are fluent in English and can capture project needs easily. Unicreo gets genuinely involved in projects and is available even during after-hours.

I’m the CTO of Safe Video Communications, a videoconferencing software developer that’s creating a federated system to compete with Skype, Zoom, and similar services. “Federated” means that we’re putting it on one server. Our product is a web and app-based videoconferencing tool and we're also an email server provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with Unicreo?

Unicreo has helped us to develop our product for the last four years. We’re developing a system to connect to a partner company’s email servers. This partner is currently running 4% of the world’s email servers, so we will gain access to their user base and they will have a federated conferencing system.

WebRTC is the main technology used. We’re also using .NET Core, RESTful API, ASP.NET MVC, Java, and other technologies or components to connect the web applications to Android and iOS, as well as to the backend system, which sits on Windows servers.

The app is also web-based and can be used on any browser that supports WebRTC. Currently, that’s about 80% of browsers in use today. Safari doesn’t support it, but Edge will as soon as they move over to Chromium. Otherwise, it’s supported by Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and so on, so it’s very good.

The cost of this project has been $300,000–$500,000 up until now.

I had worked with Unicreo about 10 years ago. This project has been going on since September 2016, and we have a contract with them for at least another six months for the development of our system.

We’ve worked in sprints and keep track of all our targets for this project. Unicreo has been able to reach nearly all of them and we’re pretty happy with their services.

How did Unicreo perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re pleased with the two project managers we’ve worked with. They’re fluent in English and have a good level of understanding. We had a lot of language-barrier issues a couple of years back, but the current project managers take ownership of the tasks we give them and actually get involved in the work.

I really appreciate having the ability to get in contact with them at odd hours. Our company is based in a different time zone, but I can ask a question at midnight if I need to, and I’ll get an answer even if it’s after work hours. They’re a dedicated team that doesn’t punch out after four o'clock, which I find very practical.

We’d like to see reports more frequently so that we can have a clearer day-to-day and week-to-week view on the work that’s being done. This is partly based on our organization’s preference for reporting tools and there’s nothing at fault for Unicreo. Right now, we have a weekly spreadsheet.

Clients should be specific about the tasks that they want to do, as well as the timeframe and cost. I think this is good advice for anyone who wants to do a development project.

Overall Score I’ve been working with Unicreo for a few years now and am happy with them.
    I’m very happy with them, but they should learn to sometimes say no when we ask for changes.
    They’ve done cost-effective work compared to other offers we received.
    Unicreo delivered what we asked for.
    I’ve recommended them to a couple of companies we’re working with.

Development for Slack Application

“We wouldn't be able to build the product without them.”

2013 - May 2019

Unicreo worked alongside an in-house team to build two libraries in the BotSpace. They used Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Redis, PostgreSQL, and Express.js for development.

James Diecidue
Gratify, Founder

Unicreo produced high-quality code, enabling the in-house team to deliver an innovative platform on time. They went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their transparency, quick turnaround times, and personable approach made them a true partner.

I'm the founder of Gratify, a freelance platform based in Slack.

What challenge were you trying to address with Unicreo?

We wanted to scale up development resources in a fast and cost-effective way.

Unicreo helped us develop two libraries in the BotSpace. We were defining some of the cutting-edge trends in the industry and we had a vision for what we wanted to build. Our most recent project was the Botkit library. We used Node.js and Ruby on Rails for our server, and we also used Redis, PostgreSQL, Express.js  for development. That's a new platform for making chatbots, and we were contributing members to some of the code base and the testing process.

I worked directly with Alex (Founder, Unicreo), and there were about four other team members dedicated to our project.

How did you come to work with Unicreo?

They were recommended to us.

We spent about $120,000 with them in total.

We started working with them in 2013 and we wrapped up the project in May 2019. (We're taking a different direction and we don't have as much work for them.)

Our products are 90% written by Unicreo and 10% by us. They brought a lot of value to the table and adapted fast in a very small team. We wouldn't be able to build the product without them.

How did Unicreo perform from a project management standpoint?

I was doing most of the project management. Unicreo was always able to give us the resources that we needed and they worked faster than we had expected. Also, they're very honest. We overpaid them one time and Alex immediately let us know. We used Slack to communicate and they were very responsive.

If you know what you want and there is no need to go back and forth, Unicreo can produce the code faster than your internal development team. Also, they're very personable and friendly.

I'd like them to be more open to feedback. They have a different cultural background, so feedback is often seen as something negative. However, our feedback just meant that there was a different perspective on a problem.

Have your requirements ready, and Unicreo can produce the code very fast. They do an excellent job when it comes to development and scaling applications. Also, allow some time for testing the code to make sure it aligns with your vision. There are different cultural expectations, so we found that it works better if you keep the feedback loop tight.

.NET Software Dev & Support for Promotional Planning Service

"I would highly recommend any similar organization to partner with them."

2007 - Ongoing

Unicreo augments the in-house programming team. They develop and update the software, with the main focus on speed. High-quality work has resulted in a decade-long partnership.

Belgium
Owner, Promotional Planning Service

No specific metrics are used to track progress, but Unicreo consistently meets expectations. While long-term planning could be improved, a clear workflow and transparent communication make them a trustworthy and reliable partner.

I’m the founder of a software company for promotional planning and evaluation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Unicreo?

When we started to grow about ten years ago, we needed outside help with programming.

The product is a client-server application running on SQL server, and the app itself is a .NET app. Unicreo supports the development of our software app, which is used by numerous companies in a fast-moving consumer goods business. They also do code changes for updates and customer requests, and they answer any questions about how to use the system.

My main contacts are Nikolay [CTO, Unicreo] and Alexey [.NET Developer, Unicreo]. I also work with a number of other people who do the programming and the coding. It’s been a fairly consistent team.

How did you come to work with Unicreo?

I knew Nikolay from before Unicreo. When he started the company, he asked me whether I would still be interested in working with him for the support and development of the tool.

We started working together in 2007, and the work is ongoing.

If our customers are happy, then I’m happy. If we have issues with the application, we discuss them, but we don’t have specific metrics in place to measure the performance of their work.

I’ve been working with them for ten years; If I didn’t like them, I would’ve found a different company. They’re flexible, and they don’t mind working late or on the weekends. With IT projects, it’s never easy and things can sometimes be more complex than initially planned, but that’s part of the business. I’m quite happy with their services.

How did Unicreo perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a tool that we use to communicate with each other and with the customers. It allows people to log tickets on our system, and everyone can see and monitor the replies and add comments. I’m able to access that tool and follow the progress of what is being done and check if that is according to what our customers were expecting.

They’re not just programmers or coders; they have strong analytical skills, which allow them to quickly understand the problem. Even if the briefing of the specifications isn’t 100% clear, they will fill in the gaps themselves or ask relevant questions to understand.

I’ve worked with some other programmers who would do exactly as you specified even though they probably knew it wouldn’t work. Unicreo doesn’t do that. They first think about it and only start working if the solution makes sense.

Sometimes they can underestimate the complexity of a task. They’re sometimes a little too optimistic, but it doesn’t prevent them from delivering the expected results.

I’m happy with Unicreo and I would highly recommend any similar organization to partner with them.

For the bigger projects, sometimes their estimates are overly optimistic.
    Their quality is above average, and I’m happy with it.