Strategy-led software development for startups.
Sprinthub Mobile is a Mobile App Design and Development Agency based in Nigeria. Our team comprises of Mobile App Developers, User Experience Designers and Product Managers with deep expertise in the Mobile App Industry. Our process starts with a Design and Discovery Sprint that entails;
- A market Research; where we conduct market research about the potential competitors and try to understand the problem the app is trying to solve.
- Product Definition; this is where we point out the features that the app will need to contain.
- Road Map Creation; this is where we prioritise and select the minimum number of functionalities and features needed to launch an MVP.
- Wireframing; we draw interfaces on paper in other for us to quickly test, iterate and come up with a usable interface for users.
- Prototyping; we convert the wireframes to clickable prototypes that you and your users can interact with in other to have a feel of what a working version of the app will be like when it is complete.
At the end of the Design and Discovery Sprint, we come up with User Journeys, a Road Map and a Low Fidelity Prototype (without colours) which enables us to come up with a final budget required to develop an MVP.
Cabby Nigeria, Bhood Music, Snowball Digital
Bhood Music is a music streaming app and content management system for a prominent religious organization in Nigeria.
- Music Store - Users can Search, discover and stream songs from the music store
- Push notification - Receive in-app notifications when new songs from frequently listened to Artists are available.
- Music player (Android only) - Play on-device songs from phone memory or SD card without leaving the app.
- Deep Links - Users can share content and invites friends with deep links that automatically open the app if its already installed or redirect to App Store/Google Play Store if the user does not have the app installed, and takes the user to the shared content after app installation and signup.
- Payment Integration - Pay for a subscription with a bank card
- Content management - Administrators can create an account for content providers, and add, update and delete content.
- Content performance monitoring - This enables content providers to closely monitor the performance (number of downloads and streams at intervals), so as to increase transparency between administrators and content providers
- Coupon generation - Generate coupons that can be used to pay for subscriptions.
"They always want their people to do their best."
Sprinthub Mobile developed a social platform for iOS and Android along with a web version. They iterated on an existing design prototype which incorporated user feedback.
"They always want their people to do their best."
May 31, 2019
The new app generated increased sales due to its accessible UI. Sprinthub Mobile’s open and trusting work environment helps them deliver high-quality work. They communicate well and they follow an effective tracking process.
A Clutch analyst personally interviewed this client over the phone. Below is an edited transcript.
Introduce your business and what you do there.
I’m the CTO of Cabby Nigeria, a ride-sharing app.
What challenge were you trying to address with Sprinthub Mobile?
We’d been working on app development with a company in China, but there was too much of a communication barrier. We needed to find a different company to work with.
What was the scope of their involvement?
They developed our iOS and Android apps as well as a web version. We already had the prototype of how we wanted the app to be. They gave us recommendations and had their designers tweak the work our internal designers had already done based on user feedback. They used Node.js for the backend and Vue.js for the web interface.
What is the team composition?
My main point of contact was the product manager.
How did you come to work with Sprinthub Mobile?
A friend of mine recommended them. We interviewed them on a Skype call and discussed the project before selecting them.
How much have you invested with them?
We’ve spent $8,000 for the mobile and web platform.
What is the status of this engagement?
We started working together in April and the work is ongoing.
What evidence can you share that demonstrates the impact of the engagement?
After releasing the new app, we saw an increase in sales because it’s a lot easier for people to use.
How did Sprinthub Mobile perform from a project management standpoint?
They have a good project management process. We’re more used to in-person meetings, but they kept everything documented.
What did you find most impressive about them?
They have a very good work environment. I went to their offices to talk about a new product we want to do, and I noticed their office culture was quite nice. They allowed the employees to do stuff on their own. They always want their people to do their best.
Are there any areas they could improve?
They could ask more questions when working on projects. They could also place more people on projects and focus on developing their resources. They also should consider giving back to the community.
"The workflow was very efficient."
Sprinthub Mobile designed and developed a music streaming app for a classical music entertainment company. Their team conducted a thorough discovery phase and competitive landscape study.
"The workflow was very efficient."
Jul 11, 2019
The team has completed the app, which now hosts about 2,000 tracks from several classical artists. Even given its many functionalities, the app is under 5MB. Sprinthub Mobile's effective communication skills made the project run smoothly.
The client submitted this review online.
Please describe your company and your position there.
I am the Chief Executive Officer of Bhood Music Africa, a body corporate, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria. Bhood Music Africa is an art, entertainment and music service providing company with the aim of globalizing natural classical music and African Acapella
For what projects/services did your company hire Sprinthub Mobile?
We hired the Sprinthub Mobile team to build a music streaming Android app, iOS app and content management system that will enable classical music lovers to easily search, find and stream their favourite classical music.
What were your goals for this project?
We wanted to give classical music lovers in Nigeria access to over 5000 classical music tracks, we needed an easy to use content management system and a way of tracking content performance for the content providers to see.
How did you select this vendor?
An employee of Sprinthub Mobile whom I have worked with a few years ago referred me to his company when I contacted him, in my bid to put together a team for the project. After several Zoom meetings with the CTO, it became clear to me that they have the team I need to build the platform I needed. I also like the fact that they only request payment on milestone bases.
Describe the project in detail.
After we paid our initial deposit, my team and I were scheduled to have several meetings with the designers where they reviewed our requirements and went on to conduct further research on our market and competition. Within two weeks we got helped to decide
What was the team composition?
The team we worked with consist of a Product Manager, an Android Developer, a UI/UX Designer, a Front-end Web Developer and a backend developer. An iOS developer was added later on when we requested for an iOS version of the app.
Can you share any outcomes from the project that demonstrate progress or success?
We've been able to upload over 2000 tracks of classical music from over a 100 artist. We also noticed that the Android app size has been below 5MB in size despite all the functionalities on the app.
How effective was the workflow between your team and theirs?
The workflow was very efficient. We were given direct access to a portal where we could report bugs, ask for technical support, request for new features and book meetings when needed. Their response rate is also very impressive.
What did you find most impressive about this company?
They seem to know a whole lot about mobile apps. The focus on mobile solution products is their best quality.
Are there any areas for improvement?
There were times when we wished their services could be more affordable for a startup like us. But we later realized that good quality comes with a price.