Moving One Step Above

Ignite Digital is a Canadian Digital Agency. We are proud to be Canadian and 100% Canadian owned. We currently provide digital solutions for medium to big brands. Our solutions combine content marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media (community managers), Website development to enrich our clients campaigns.

The web is instant and evolving constantly. Our team is continuously monitoring and engaging in real time. While continuously measuring our performance and implementing efficiency to drive results.

2008

Tango Tile
DeoVeritas
Dempster's

SEO for Custom Men's Apparel Retailer

"It's really around sales, organic traffic, and rank. In all of those three areas, we've seen a sizable uptick since we started working with Ignite Digital."

2013 - Ongoing

The client hired Ignite Digital to assist in their PPC advertising campaigns and provide SEO services with the goals of improving positioning and increasing traffic.

Chicago Metro Area
Founder, Custom Dress Shirt Maker

Ignite Digital performed extremely well for the client and improved every metric; traffic increased, sales were better, and search ranking climbed. The client praises the agency for their flexibility and highly recommends Ignite Digital to others.

We're an online custom dress shirt maker based out of Chicago.

I'm the owner and founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Ignite Digital?

We had a rudimentary SEO [search engine optimization] strategy that had been done to date. We were losing momentum and losing rank. We approached Ignite, and they did an analysis of our site and realized that we were delving into gray hat SEO. Their methodology is much more white hat in that they provide pure content that gets picked up by Google. In the long run, it helps build rank for keywords that we're after.

In addition to the SEO work, they're also helping on our pay-per-click campaigns. They're helping us use more strategic mechanisms to figure out how we target the right demographic for keyword searches like "custom dress shirts" or "tailored dress shirts." Those words get very expensive, so we're trying to figure out ways to pinpoint the exact consumer at the exact time of day, the exact day of the week, based on more analytics that we have from both our site and from order history. They've been helping with that, and it's proving somewhat successful, although it's still early.

How did you come to work with Ignite Digital?

Matt [Goulart, founder at Ignite Digital] was a customer of ours, so we were chatting about shirts, and he was telling me a little bit about what he did. I was interacting with a customer, and he started telling me about his business, so we both needed one another, I guess.

We started in the latter part of 2013, and we are still working together.

It's really around sales, organic traffic, and rank. In all of those three areas, we've seen a sizable uptick since we started working with Ignite Digital. It's multipronged in terms of the success criteria that we've set forth. In rank, for terms like "custom dress shirts," we're now ranking at the bottom of the first page, top of the second page, among guys that have $10,000 to $15,000 a month marketing budgets. We're a fraction of that, and we're still able to make inroads there. That is generating leads, which is leading to sales. We're seeing some success on the pay per click as well. On all fronts, there's a noticeable improvement since we started.

How did Ignite Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

I can get Matt on the phone at any time. It's never a problem, and we do monthly check ins. He provides a report as to where we were a month ago versus today, and we spend about 20 to 30 minutes going through it. There's a good one-on-one rapport there. The communication has always been good.

What distinguishes Ignite Digital from other providers?

They are very flexible. The pay-per-click stuff was a little out of their wheelhouse, in that it's not in our scope of work. Matt still took it on and is doing it essentially pro bono until it's successful, which is nice. That's not the case with most of these guys. There's a lot of charlatans in this industry, but Matt genuinely seems to want to see his customers succeed. You can see that and feel that when you talk with him.

I've asked him if we could do something bigger in certain areas, and he could bill the heck out of me if he wanted to, but he's said, "Well, I don't know that that's going to lead to anything because you're still swimming against the tide." He's pragmatic and honest with what direction he feels is going to provide the most value, so that's nice. The SEO industry is full of many guys that are just not trustworthy, and I've been burned quite a few times, which is why it's good to have him on the team.

Is there anything Ignite Digital could have improved or done differently?

They may want to bring in some additional subject matter expertise in other areas. Pay per click is not something that they regularly do for their clients. That's an expensive endeavor, and they're treating what we're doing together as a pilot. I guess if they wanted to branch off into another vertical, I think it's a logical extension in doing a lot of the pay-per-click analysis.

It would be beneficial for them to have more access to software that allows them to give us more targeted analytics around where we should be spending those dollars. Right now, we're shotgunning it, trying a few different things and seeing what hits. On the SEO side, they're very good. I think if they try to get into some other areas, they may want to elicit additional subject matter expertise or purchase licenses for some of the software tools that their competitors use.

SEO for Marketing Recruiting Agency

“Their work has been great. We were a mess before and they [Ignite Digital] came and fixed everything.”

2015 - Ongoing

The client hired Ignite Digital to provide backend development services on their website with an emphasis on search engine optimization.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Director, Marketing Recruiting Agency

Ignite Digital delivered high quality work and achieved the goal of improving the client’s organic ranking on search engines. The agency’s project management is particularly praised. The client has no serious complaints and recommends Ignite Digital to others.

We are a staffing agency for marketing and creative individuals at senior levels, similar to head hunters.  We work for clients, so whatever roles that they have open, they can hire us to fill them with our talent because we have a very big database of marketers and creative people on board.

I am the director of the company. I do everything from reception to accounting and payroll.  I help with sales, marketing and I also do some recruiting.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Ignite Digital?

We were falling below on organic and paid search with Google, so we asked Ignite if they could help us. They came in and took over Google analytics and told us what we needed to change on the backend of our website, because if your website isn’t up to par Google can’t rank you and you’ll fall below.

They did a lot of backend work with our website will probably be helping with redesigning our website in the near future.

How did you come to work with Ignite Digital?

My boss received an email from them regarding Search Engine Optimization [SEO] and she asked me to get in contact with them.

The project started this summer [2015], and the work is ongoing.

We rank higher in organic search.  They have fixed up a lot of backend errors on our website.  Their work has been great.  We were a mess before and they came and fixed everything.  They’re very much on the ball, and they provide feedback right away.  They even have given us unpaid advice.

How did Ignite Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management approach was perfect.  Ten stars.

What distinguishes Ignite Digital from other providers?

I have to applaud Matt.  I’m under the impression that he’s the president of Ignite, and he’s doing a wonderful job.  He breaks down all the technical terms I’m unfamiliar with. He takes the time to go over everything with me so I understand. Most people can’t give you exact dates and results, but Ignite will tell you exactly how much it’s going to cost and what we need to get there in a way that makes sense to you.

Is there anything Ignite Digital could have improved or done differently?

They could improve their pricing. It seems expensive at times.

We’re still ongoing.

Web Development & SEO for Cash Flow Management Firm

"I met with quite a few other SEO and marketing firms before this, and I've dealt a lot with them and this was the first one that was able to give me the reason behind every suggestion they had and then follow through."

2014 - Ongoing

Ignite Digital provides a variety of services for the client including web design, web development, and search engine optimization strategy.

Ontario, Canada
Laura Suarez
Marketing Coordinator, Invoice Payment System Corporation

Ignite Digital delivered high quality work and achieved the goal of improving the client’s organic ranking on search engines, which resulted in more incoming leads. The agency’s customer service and broad knowledge are particular strengths.

I work for IPS – Invoice Payment System Corporation. We are a finance company in Toronto. We finance current receivables and invoice receivables.

I am the marketing director. I handle the branding, the advertising, the events, and anything to do with our brand outside of this office.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Ignite Digital?

Our industry, specifically in Canada, has a bit of a negative stigma. We were being approached by companies that were at their last strand. We weren't being able to reach companies that were thriving, but needed cash flow. In the last year or two years, I've been trying to hit as many marketing channels and SEO [search engine optimization] was one of them. That's when I got hold of Ignite.

They developed our SEO strategy and have worked on web development. They're also doing some design.

How did you come to work with Ignite Digital?

It was through a Google search. After that, I actually had his company papers on my desk, but I didn't make the connection that that's what Ignite Digital did.

We've been working with them for a year. It's ongoing. They handle our SEO and are building our new website.

Every month, they run a report and we do our own report as well to make sure they match with Google Analytics and what our ROI [return on investment] is. It's been working. Before they came into play, we were probably third or fourth on Google pages and now 10 out of our 20 words we've given them are in the top 10. We're on first page. Now, I can actually see that some of our leads are coming from Google. I'm happy with that. They are there to help you and explain everything. They're accommodating and stay as long as they need to in order to get the job done. Customer service has been fantastic.

How did Ignite Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

They knew what our budget was when it came to SEO. They kept to that. We haven't gone over budget without website.  He made it feasible with his pricing so we were able to consider doing the website. He hasn't missed a deadline since we started.

What distinguishes Ignite Digital from other providers?

Ignite Digital's knowledge is impressive. I met with quite a few other SEO and marketing firms before this, and I've dealt a lot with them and this was the first one that was able to give me the reason behind every suggestion they had and then follow through. Matt [Goulart, founder of Ignite Digital] is the reason why we stuck around because of his knowledge.

Is there anything Ignite Digital could have improved or done differently?

Have more of Matt because I'm sure they're going to get bigger.

It's still a pricey product.

Search Engine Marketing for Tile Retailer

"There is something so refreshing about how Ignite Digital is able to translate the alphabet soup of SEO into real meaningful stuff to us."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

With the goal of increasing online visibility, the client hired Ignite Digital to develop their search engine optimization strategy and provide web development services.

Carlsbad, California
Susan Hager
President, Tango Tile

Ignite Digital delivered high quality work and achieved the goal of improving the client’s organic ranking on search engines for several keywords. The agency’s customer service and communication were particular points of praise.

I'm with Tango Tile, which is an online marketer of tiles – wall tiles, floor tiles, and decorative tile. We're new enough to have not done much SEO [search engine optimization] except with Google and needed some help so that's why we turned to Ignite.

I am the president.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Ignite Digital?

We wanted to get better visibility on the web. We were getting traffic by buying key words, but it wasn't well-qualified traffic.

They developed our SEO strategy, and it has expanded to web development.

How did you come to work with Ignite Digital?

We put out an RFP [request for proposal] through an online technical search engine. We got a number of responses. I looked at five of them and decided to interview them. I spoke with a very big one or two and a smaller one or two and just figure, which we thought would work best for us. There were several we thought were fabulous. Most of them knew their stuff. One or two – no. They were focused on Facebook or something that was too narrow for us. Ignite Digital was the only one who said we'll work with the back-end web design that you have. All the others – four of them said we can't work with your back-end. You have to switch to another platform. At that point, we had spent so much money on web design, and it was finally at a point where it was beautiful and usable that that just didn't make sense to us. Three or four months later, we decided the other four were right, and we actually did have to switch to Magento but, at that point, we were so confident in Matt [Goulart, founder of Ignite Digital] and his whole team's ability to service us it was a no-brainer to go with Ignite.

They charge by the keyword. We're very small and we're not skilled at what they're skilled at. We took 10 keywords and agreed to commit to a year.

We've been with them since last April [2015]. We're still working with them, and we've expanded their role with us. We were initially just SEO and now they're taking over and doing our web design and installing a software package called Magento.

We have 10 words that we focus on. One of the most important is decorative ceramic tiles. In August [2015], it moved up 15 notches to number 17 which probably gets us on the second page. Then, decorative ceramic tile moved up 12 to 18. Marble mosaic moved up 24 to number 26. We had one that moved down but it had moved up so dramatically the month before. It didn't upset us to see it move down eight notches but was still at 27. Last month was just a huge leap forward for us. Matt had forewarned us that we might pause a little bit.

How did Ignite Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

We love our salesman. He spoke English – there was nothing he couldn't answer. Once we signed the contract, Matt took over. He has been spot on in terms of his schedule. He told us we'll have a monthly meeting on certain dates. He prepares reports for them. Ignite Digital is always very visually informative. Matt is available 24/7 even when he's on vacation. He just never lets me down. He's there for me.

What distinguishes Ignite Digital from other providers?

Other than the whole project itself in terms of my relationship with them, it is the communication. There is something so refreshing about how Ignite Digital is able to translate the alphabet soup of SEO into real meaningful stuff to us. I have two people that work with me – one in marketing and one in graphic design. We just pepper him with questions. We want to understand what he's doing so we can be better and do more ourselves. He's all for that. One example is my marketing person was writing a blog, which is an important part of SEO. She called on him to give her some coaching on how to get the blog to draw attention and readers to it. He just laid it out in writing and was available to her by phone. After she did the blog and all the keywords in the back-end, she ranked number three. Matt laughed and said we could've gotten you even higher. It was so pleasing to her. She was so proud. We're very satisfied customers.

Is there anything Ignite Digital could have improved or done differently?

My salesman Peter [Klukowski] and Matt are the only two people I've talked to. I've been completely satisfied, but it's like "The Wizard of Oz." Who's behind that curtain? Matt's the spokesperson. He deals with all the client contacts because he feels that the clients want to speak to the big guy. There's absolute truth to that. But, sometimes, I wonder who the other guys are.

I've been overwhelmed by how good they are and how responsive they are.
    I would sing their praises to any As much as I love my last web designer, I would not have recommended him to any There's a reason why Matt has that contract. The last guy wasn't performing. He was overwhelmed – too busy. I couldn't get on his schedule.