App design and development - smooth communication

We design and develop iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, iPad, Facebook and web apps that make you smile. We are based in Pakistan and work with a mixed Pakistani and European team to offer you affordable rates and a high standard of quality and planning.

Karachi, Pakistan

Pizza Hut, OPTP, Dettol, HBL

Dutch IT Service Firm Mobile Development

n/a

The client is an IT service firm that provides Web development, eCommerce, and Internet marketing solutions. One of the client's customers wished to create an Android application. A business associate told the client about Grappetite. The client completed the design while Grappetite developed the back end.

Enschede Area, Netherlands
Owner, Ecommerce and Internet Marketing Agency

The project went very well, and the client is satisfied. The communication was professional, and the work was delivered on time. The client recommends Grappetite to others.

• N/A NPS

iOS App Design for Children's Book

"Gertjan respects the text that I’ve written and the goal that I have with this app."

n/a

Grappetite developed a children’s book application for the iPhone and iPad. The app aims to transform the author's story into an interactive adventure.

Groningen, Netherlands
Children's Writer and Lyricist, Children's Book Publishing Firm

The application received a positive response from the client. Grappetite demonstrated superior communication skills and flexibility to the changes. They also provided suggestions to better the features of the app.

Can you offer a little background information on your company?

I’m a children’s book writer and a texts writer, but mostly I write children’s books.

What was your main goal or objective for working with Grappetite?

I met Gertjan van Laar three years ago. He knew me from social media like Twitter and he knows the books I’ve written. So he asked me, “Could we do children’s books apps together?” That sounded like a great plan because as a children’s book writer, the best thing you can do is have your story made into an app. I’ve written some stories including one about Harry Hamster. An illustrator made illustrations and we sent it to Gertjan, who is making it into a children’s app currently.

What platforms will the app be available for?

iPhone and iPad as far as I know.

Can you provide a general cost estimate for the project?

Approximately $36,000.

When do you expect the project to be completed?

I hope it will be completed in about four weeks.

How happy are you with the results so far?

Very happy. It’s going great, although I’ve only met Gertjan one time, we are communicating via email. When I have some new input or I see some things in the app that I don’t like or are incorrect, he is very fast to change it. He is communicative with me and the illustrator about what kinds of games we like. He is also communicative about what kinds of other languages we want to use so it’s great working with him.

Is there anything that you found to be unique or special with them compared with other vendors that you’ve worked with?

He’s the first vendor I’ve worked with. He’s very communicative and I can discuss anything about the app with him and he’s never hasty. He talks through everything about the process. For instance, some pages that I’ve written had too many words so he discussed with me what to delete. Some editors of magazines tend to work on their own and then you see your product in a magazine and say, “Oh, these are not my works.” But Gertjan respects the text that I’ve written and the goal that I have with this app. He’s inventing games that I’ve never thought of with his team, and I think it’s very funny.

Looking back on the project, is there anything that you would do differently a second time around, or think they could improve upon?

No, I’m very happy with their part.

Overall Score I have no other apps to compare it with but the project is going great. There was no delay and they're very customer-friendly.
    They’re very fast.