We generate leads, calls and conversions!

Comrade Web Agency is a full-service award-winning digital marketing, SEO and web development agency, based in Chicago.

We love solving design, technology and marketing challenges to elevate our clients to their next levels!

We achieve it by:
1. Team
2. Proven process
3. Industry-leading knowledge (Legal, IT, eCommerce, Corporate, Professional Services, Construction and Manufacturing)

We believe:
Any company (regardless of it’s size) with a good product can compete and win battles with “big-box corporate stores"

Our services:

• Marketing Automation
  • Content Marketing

Web Design and Development

Why businesses choose Comrade Web Agency:

• Young, creative and ambitious team of experts
  • For a price of one employee, CWA provides a full team consist of an experienced strategist, web designers and developers, content, SEO, PPC and social media experts
  • First page SEO results in 2-5 months
  • Dozens of case studies and happy clients
  • Maybe be the most experienced Local SEO team in Chicago
  • Result-driven marketing campaigns
  • HubSpot and Google Cerified partner
  • Full-service agency. 20+ full-time employees
  • Custom designs
  • Very competitive rates, agency quality
  • Industry-specific expertise

2007
Chicago, IL
  • Comrade Web Agency
    770 N Halsted st, Ste 106
    Chicago, IL 60642
    312.265.0580

Law Firms, Local service providers, IT startups, Construction companies, Manufacturing companies, SAAP platforms and eCommerce websites.

View our case studies.

Web Dev for IT Consulting Marketplace

“They ask me hard questions to make sure that I know what I’m doing before I spend any money.”

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

Comrade designed and built a staffing platform that links companies with independent IT consultants. The team also developed a marketing plan for the product and continues to enhance the site’s functionality.

Founder, IT Consulting Marketplace

Comrade’s developers are proactive about verifying the usability of proposed features, producing a platform with significant organic growth. Another strength is the team’s comprehensive approach to product development, which helps lower project costs.

I’m the CEO and founder of a marketplace for independent consultants, primarily in the IT industry. Our platform allows them to connect with project-based work. It automates the staffing process and makes it more efficient. The platform is accessible through direct login only.

What challenge were you trying to address with Comrade Web Agency?

I did not have my own in-house team to develop the platform.

Our marketplace is not a job board. Instead, a series of candidates in our consultant pool make themselves available on the platform. Based on client need, we match the consultant directly for a specific project. What we’re looking to do is find candidates that match 70% or more of the requirements for each project.

With other platforms, users post jobs and anybody can apply. In contrast, we only allow the most qualified candidate to receive messages. Our clients don’t look to bring in as many resumes as possible. Instead, they want to find the most compelling and accurate candidate to deliver the work. There are a couple of sites that do similar things relative to matching people. The most similar platform would be Hire.com.

I came to them with a set of functional business and technical requirements. We sat down and went through everything, from the process to the overall usability of the product. We worked on wireframes to show what the marketplace would look like and how it would function. We also designed how each profile and each buy would look for our users. Then, we worked together to design the platform, including the color scheme and button placements in the final product.

The platform is built with PHP on the Yii framework. Comrade was responsible for development and design. Ultimately, we use data to drive the matches. Comrade helped build the algorithm from a technical perspective. Comrade did come up with a marketing plan, but we haven’t had time to execute it yet.

I also use Comrade as my in-house development shop for another company where I’m acting as temporary CIO.

How did you come to work with Comrade Web Agency?

Initially, I chose a handful of vendors. I knew some of them, and others I found because of their good reputation online. I didn’t do an RFP [request for proposal] but went through a standard vetting process. Part of the process was to decide whether to hire an in-house team or outsource to a development agency. I met with each development team and outlined what I needed. I wanted to find the team that best understood my vision. It was important that they grasped what I was trying to do from a marketplace perspective.

I was comfortable with Comrade’s breadth of knowledge for frontend and backend development. They could also provide support on the marketing side. They had a holistic approach, which I found to be cost-effective. Using a team of developers and a team of designers provided a better product than if I just had 1 resource for each side. Comrade had the best price as well, although I wasn’t necessarily shopping by that criteria.

We began development in November or December 2015. The platform went live in August 2016, but the project is ongoing. They continue to enhance the platform by adding features and functionality.

We now have hundreds of consultants signed up and dozens of clients. They all found us through word of mouth. The platform has ongoing placements, interviews, and matching. From a technology perspective, the success early on was exactly as we had hoped. I thought the quality of work is good.

How did Comrade Web Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

From my perspective, they’re very good at this, although I take on a lot of the project management. I work with their project manager, and I’m satisfied with the timeline and Comrade’s ability to stick to what we are trying to accomplish.

They ask me hard questions to make sure that I know what I’m doing before I spend any money. Comrade acts as a trusted advisor. They actively make sure that the solution is not only suited for 1 person. I don’t have a co-founder, so all the design and development ideas come from me.

I appreciate their ability to deliver work on time and within my budget. They never try to overcharge me, and there are few change requests, which is great. We have a great partnership, and I have even brought them other clients.

Early on, there were certain pieces of functionality that needed to be fixed, and we did that. They could’ve been fixed a little faster, but I think that we shared the blame for this situation. I didn’t push as hard as I should have because I didn’t have the bandwidth. In the end, the site is working as intended. I still use them today, and I wouldn’t do that if I thought there were any issues.

Overall Score I still use them, and I wouldn’t do that if their work was less than perfect.
    The overall deadline for the platform was pushed a little. Ultimately, we were able to deliver in a fairly efficient and quick manner.
    My rating is based on other estimates. They aren’t the cheapest, but I don’t want them to be. They’re also not the most expensive. The quality of their work is high, and you should pay accordingly. Their pricing is fair.
    From a usability standpoint, they built the platform as intended.
    I’ve recommended them several times already.

Web Design for Translation Services Company

"I can tell that the guys at Comrade know what they’re doing."

Late 2010 - Early 2011

Comrade Web Agency developed a website that allows users to place orders and get price quotes. They also provided content marketing and SEO services.

Co-Founder, Translation Company

The website ranked in the top spot for relevant Keywords 2 months after launching, which increased leads and clients. Comrade impressed with their flexibility, great communication, and development expertise.

In 2010, I cofounded a company that provides translation and data entry services. I worked as the director of operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Comrade Web Agency?

Comrade was the first company we hired to work on our online business image. We didn't know anything about marketing, and we didn't know anything about how to go online and make our website visible to other people, but we had a business plan so we knew it was a good time to start working with someone who could do that for us.

Comrade they did our web development (created our website), and they did our online promotion, SEO, and Google Ads. They did everything that was possible quickly and within a good budget. I think the website took about a month to create, even though we had agreed to a 5-week timeline. As soon as the website was live, we started working on SEO.

Comrade built us a basic website from scratch to show the online community who we are and what we do so clients can go online and get quotes from us. I’m not sure what was used to build the website. I think it was PHP. The main goal of the website was for us to accept orders.

The leads would go onto the website, place an order, and get a quote. In the translation business, you usually do a quote first, because there’s a big market. Once we saw the quotes, we started talking to the clients and providing them services. We were also hiring people to work for us through the website, so we also were accepting CVs from freelance translators and interpreters through the website.

We told Comrade that we wanted to be different from other businesses in our market, and we asked for their help. They asked us some questions and took it from there. The only thing we provided was the information about our company and what we wanted to do.

They rewrote that text to make it more attractive to visitors. At first, they showed us the initial design, we checked it out, we thought it was good, and we approved it. Then they sent us the text, which we also approved. We actually argued on the images, because it was hard to figure out what we wanted. Eventually, we came to a conclusion with that and figured out what images we wanted to use. That was pretty much it.

In terms of optimizing the site, that was a big issue when we started working with Comrade. They created pages for us, and we added a blog. The main thing was that they were creating and adding new articles every week about translation services, mistakes in translations, listicles, etc.

What I was seeing was that everything was organic. They showed me, “Here we have these words, and that will help us do this.” They were using the words in our company’s name as keywords in different articles. As far as I remember, the content was credible. They were doing a lot of SEO with our blog.

Comrade also put our company information out on different platforms, like Yellow Pages and other local resources, and they created profiles for us on different platforms. We got a few clients from those platforms too.

How did you come to work with Comrade Web Agency?

Comrade was a referral from a friend of mine who had worked previously on a project with them. He said they did a good job and were affordable. We had a limited budget because we were a small business. When you have a small budget, sometimes you have bad service, but my friend said Comrade could do everything for us and in a good way.

We called them to schedule a meeting, and they said we could stop by their office and talk, so we visited them. They explained everything. Actually, at that time, the person who was explaining everything was one of the owners of the company. He said, “I’m going to take the responsibility and create everything for you in a nice way.”

Their fees were not too high, so we decided to go with them because we were looking for the types of services they offered, but we couldn't afford the rates other companies were charging. I also liked that we spoke with the business owner and not some sales representative who doesn't care and just wants your email address.

How much have you invested with Comrade Web Agency?

I think we about $7,000 for the website, which was a good price at the time. In terms of SEO services, I'm not sure of the total, but I remember we were paying $2,000 a month. So I think the total was around $35,000. We used them for more than a year, but I'm not sure for how long exactly.

We started working with Comrade at the end of 2010, and the project ended in early 2011.

I think within two months we were the first search result for the keywords “business translations” in Chicago, and soon after that, we were the first search result for “legal documents translation” in Chicago. SEO and marketing was the best experience because we got a lot of leads and clients. At that time, the only way to track customers was through SEO, and I loved it.

How did Comrade Web Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

Comrade performed very well from a project management perspective. They communicated with us very nicely. They were calling us all the time and showing us where they were in the project and what had been completed. It’s not like we paid them, and then three months later there was nothing to show for it.

We did a down payment with them on the website development, and then we paid the rest after the work was done, which was also a big deal. In addition to the emails and updates about the progress, the co-founder/co-owner also called me once every two weeks or so during the SEO work to ask me if I'm happy with the results we were getting and if we were getting clients or if Comrade needed to make changes.

I was happy we decided to work with Comrade because they did everything nicely. They were always following up with us; we didn't have to follow up with them. Every week they would say, “We’re at this step already.”

The website only took a couple of weeks, but we were working on SEO with them for more than a year, and during that year, they would send me a report every two weeks that detailed where they stood with the project and how our rankings were improving.

What did you find most impressive about Comrade Web Agency?

I can tell that the guys at Comrade know what they’re doing. They’re professionals. I think both of their founders majored in marketing and web development. They’re also friendly and have good project management skills, and after working with them on this project. I worked with them on a few other projects, and I referred them to other people because they’re reliable.

Are there any areas Comrade Web Agency could improve?

I’m not sure if there is something they could improve now. During my experience with them, everything was smooth and good, and I loved it a lot. I think everything was OK. I’m not sure what experiences other people have, but for me, everything was nice.

Overall Score Comrade is reliable and professional, they know what they’re doing, and they do their work on time and with a big heart. They’re not a big agency whose main goal is to get more and more clients and leads. Comrade has a big heart.
    Yes, 100%. They met my expectations and the job was done even earlier than we had agreed.
    The price and the quality that we got was amazing, because we were paying a below-average rate for the Chicago-area. We would not have gotten that first ranking in Google in such a short period of time if we had worked with someone else.
    Five, of course.
    Yes, 5 for sure, or even 6, because I recommended them many times.

digital marketing for IT company

"Their integrity made me trust them."

April - July 2016

Comrade Web Agency spearheaded a complete SMM and digital awareness campaign, creating distinctive branding elements for an evolving ticket-selling platform. Other tasks included PPC and content integration.

Alexander Pavlovcik
CEO & Co-Founder, Inventum Digital

Views and engagement grew noticeably across social media channels through Comrade Web Agency’s targeted initiatives. The team’s strategic advice, detailed task breakdowns, and dynamic culture led to a rewarding relationship.

I am a co-founder and the CEO of Inventum Digital. We are a science and technology avant-garde digital media agency, creating and implementing world-class designs, 3D animations, and interactive solutions in the pharmaceutical, bioengineering, and medical marketing fields.

What challenge were you trying to address with Comrade Web Agency?

We needed a partner for a marketing campaign with product development elements. We wanted to focus on the development part primarily.

Our client sold concert, theater, parking, and sports tickets. We were trying to figure out why they weren’t making money and identified a couple of problems: their platform was bad, and they needed a better strategy to sell tickets.

Our client’s biggest sales point was sports tickets, so we created different brands for them. Comrade led the entire social media strategy and brand-awareness campaign. We were on the content side of things, producing the material for the campaign and the website. We had content marketing in place and also started a pay-per-click [PPC] campaign with banners and retargeting.

How did you come to work with Comrade Web Agency?

I ran into Stan, their co-founder, at a networking event and talked with him about a project we had in the pipeline. I asked if they could handle SEO and get the brand out there. He told me to look up “web agency Chicago,” and I did. Comrade had the top spot in the search results and was also among the first 2 positions in Google Places. I was impressed, and they certainly grabbed my interest.

Stan gave good direction for the project, and I met a few people on Comrade’s team at a more superficial level. I loved their culture; everyone knows their stuff, and they’re all work-hard-play-hard people.

How much have you invested with Comrade Web Agency?

The cost of their work around $7,000–$15,000, closer to the higher figure.

We started working with Comrade in April 2016. The project took 3 months to complete. We initially asked them for help with SEO around January, but Stan advised against this strategy, as we only had 6 months to complete the project, and it would take a year for SEO to take effect.

I don’t have numbers off-hand, but I remember gaining more views and engagement on the brand’s social media. We had some discussions about the engagement continuing, but my co-founder knows more about the nitty-gritty.

How did Comrade Web Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

We used a project management software called Wrike and had an intense collaboration. Everything was set, down to each half an hour. Comrade honored our requests in this respect.

What did you find most impressive about Comrade Web Agency?

Even in cases when Stan might have shot himself in the foot during a sale, he remained honest. He could have easily started SEO right away, but we would have needed a year to implement it, and the client deadline was 6 months away.

Every business wants to make money, but Comrade told us what we really needed to do, even if it meant going to someone else for the service. I appreciate this a lot. Their integrity made me trust them.

Are there any areas Comrade Web Agency could improve?

I don’t have anything negative to share off-hand.

They were better than we were in this respect.
    They’re my top pick.

Web Development For Law Firm

"Comrade Web Agency is serious but fun to work with and incredibly responsive."

Apr. 2016-Ongoing

Comrade Web Agency fully redesigned an obsolete website to increase traffic and leads. They guide content creation efforts and provide SEO and PPC services as well. The collaboration is ongoing.

Danville, California
Partner, Law Firm

Over the lapse of one year, leads have significantly increased thus increasing the amount of work and revenue generated, leading to hiring another attorney in order to keep up. There’s nothing for Comrade Web Agency to improve; they’ve been on time, remained within budget, and provide a great ROI.

We are a small law firm in California specializing in trust and estates and securities litigation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Comrade Web Agency?

We needed to bring in calls, good leads, and clients that want to use our services. We hadn’t been getting calls, so the traffic stopped. There wasn’t anything else we could do on the website to generate more leads so we had to make a change. It was an old website that hadn’t been changed for a very long time. The only thing we were really doing was more blog posts, and that stopped working too.

They were responsible for the full redesign of the site. We told them what we do and what kind of consumer we were looking for. They came up with all of the creative work. We wrote the content ourselves but they gave us guidance on what we should write. We’re subject to very strict ethical rules, so I don’t know if it’s possible for anyone but a lawyer to write the content for a law firm’s website. They also implemented new SEO [search engine optimization] and PPC [pay-per-click] marketing strategies and provided tools to track client leads.

How did you come to work with Comrade Web Agency?

I Googled law firm website design and I was looking for experience. It seems to be an industry where there’s a lot of young people. I called a place that was very prominent on the web, and I couldn’t get a return phone call. I’d fill out the online form or I’d call, and it was a phone service that would answer. They told me to fill out the form and I told them that I had I filled it out three times already and was not filling it out again. Then I got a call from the sales director who’s in his car telling me how great they are, and it just didn’t give me a feeling of stability. I called the marketing director, and he asked to call me back after his guitar lesson. This was not the kind of killer instinct and professionalism that I was looking for in a long-term partner. When I called Comrade Web Agency, they answered the phone and spent an hour on the phone with me. They said they’d get me a proposal in a couple of days, which they did. The proposal wasn’t just an email. It came via email but it was ten pages and it looked like some thought had gone into it. It seemed to be a more stable, professional operation.

In one year, our leads went up dramatically. All of our attorneys are busy, and our revenue is up significantly; we’ve also hired another attorney to handle the new work. Comrade Web Agency is serious but fun to work with and incredibly responsive. I would recommend them to anyone.

How did Comrade Web Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. Everything they’ve done has been excellent.

Are there any areas Comrade Web Agency could improve?

No. Since I know so little about SEO, I just know what’s on my screen. I’m sure they’re always trying to improve but from the customers’ end, I have no complaints. I can’t think of anything they could improve.

Overall Score These guys are the best.
    They have never missed a meeting or deadline.
    They delivered within budget, and the return on investment was easily 10–1.
    Check our website to see the quality of their work.
    I'll refer Comrade Web Agency to anyone without hesitation.

WordPress Development for Digital Ad Agency

“What I like about Comrade was that they had a nice mixture of design and development.”

Comrade Web Agency built a website in Wordpress to go along with the company's rebranding effort.

Chicago Metro Area
Michael Quintos
President, Digital Ad Agency

The website traffic has increased by about thirty to forty percent as a result of Comrade Web Agency's work. The team has provided quality work and knowledge in both the design and development side of building a website.

Could you describe your company and your role?

I’m the president of Digital Ad Agency. We do branding and digital strategy work for Fortune 500 companies.

When you approached Comrade Web Agency, what was the business challenge that you were trying to address?

Finding a quality Web design and development firm.

Was there something about your old website that you wanted to improve specifically?

I had a decent website, but I don’t think it matched really well with what the company was trying to do and represented it well. So, I really wanted to go to a branding and a design process. I was able to handle the branding, but the design required more.

Do you know which content management system that they used to build the website?

They used WordPress.

Did they also provide training and ongoing support service for the website?

They did. It wasn’t very necessary. WordPress is pretty straightforward.

How long did the project take?

Sixty days from start to finish.

When was it completed?

At the end of 2012.

What was your process for selecting Comrade Web Agency?

I reached out to some network people on LinkedIn and Facebook.

Comrade was given a good reference of quality work, good timing in getting it done, and keeping to the statement of work, which are all things I was looking for.

Can you give a sense of the size of this initiative, either in a cost estimate or a personnel work hour figure?

It was about $22,000 or $23,000.

In terms of the results, are there any metrics that you can share that indicate the success of the project?

We saw an increase in website views, probably 30 to 40 percent.

And how would you describe their performance?

Fantastic. I recommend them highly to everybody I do business with.

Is there anything unique or special about them compared to other vendors that you may have worked with in the past?

No. Quality is quality. They were able to present the design options and implement them quickly. They have a pretty good knowledge. Sometimes, the Web firms know design, but they’re not really good with development; or vice versa. What I like about Comrade was that they had a nice mixture of design and development.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that you think Comrade could improve on or that you would do differently?

Working through the process of how somebody contacts your site and then requests for more information would have probably been better, but maybe not their fault. It seems like when you get someone to your site, maybe there’s a way to capture more data.

Is that something that you might have approached them about?

I haven’t talked to them about it. It’s something I probably do need to chat to them about.