Technology partner for Innovative Web solutions

Experienced team with Java, Angular, Node professionals that deliver projects in agreed deadline. Our services include drafting and analyzing new requirements, technical consulting, and implementing software solutions. In order to achieve top performance and offer competitive pricing, we have assembled a team of the most talented young developers around. Our employees are motivated, productive, and highly capable. Don’t hesitate to contact us.

2018
Lviv, Ukraine
  • Ukraine

E-learning, HR CRMs, Marketplaces, Landing

Dev & QA for Skydiving App

"It’s easy to work with them, and their developer has integrated well with our internal team."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

CodeLions developed new features and improved functionality for a skydiving app. In addition to creating new marketplace features, they fixed existing bugs and manages Google Ads.

Sydney, Australia
Alberto Castellucchio
Founder, Tropea.life

Although the app hasn’t been launched yet, they’re optimistic about the product’s success. CodeLions provides high-quality code. Their team participates in regular stand-ups in order to create a fluid communication system. They’ve been transparent throughout the process.

Tropea.life is a marketplace and an aggregator designed for skydivers. Using the app, people can track every piece of skydiving equipment online. This helps skydivers to save time, money and consider better choices. As the Owner and Founder, I’m responsible for making it happen

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeLions?

My project needed small improvements of current functionality and additional advertisement feature for products in the marketplace I own. The work centers on developing new features as well as fixing existing bugs.

Serve the skydivers and set the first corner stone in making skydiving a popular activity.

I got an introduction with their lead developer via the Upwork marketplace and we started working very fast after the first introduction. I saw their willingness to provide me the best service, having noticed that they set up the right communication with me to meet all my expectations. The connection was very diligent and kind.

My lead developer was working on small improvements on the marketplace but besides that I wanted to have Google Ads similar functionality to start promote products people push inside the platform. Moreover CodeLions built internal JSON uploading & parsing functionality which helped me to add more products really easy. Right after that, we built promotion functionality using Google Ads similar approach. Guys were trying to get so much in details and even propose some better approaches to reach my goal.

They’ve assigned a remote backend engineer. We’re looking to have further improvement of the marketplace we have now in the future. We got already the best option how could we improve it using latest technologies approach. The Tropea’s current state was evaluated as a bit trend outdated but we got cool options to upgrade it in future.

Although we haven’t gone live yet, Relevant Software is helping us gear up for our product launch by providing the necessary manpower to complete tasks. I review their code regularly and am confident in its quality. We are just launching that functionality and we really hope it will bring us investments which we are gonna spend on system upgrade with CodeLions team in the future. Overall JSON parsing functionality and product management page made my life easier to fill platform by new propositions.

We mostly handle the project management ourselves, but they’ve provided an analyst to support us. The entire team, including the remote developer, participates in regular stand-ups and sprint planning meetings. In terms of communication, we use Slack and our own project management tool to coordinate.

We like their performance, transparent processes, and regular communication. It’s easy to work with them, and their developer has integrated well with our internal team.

There have been no critical issues. They have strong written English skills, so we’re able to communicate easily through Slack (which they created for us) and Skype. They were working by fixed scope delivery model which was the best approach for such kind of functionality. We had some conflicts in JSON python service was generating and the java web server was trying to scrap which was confusion part from time to time but CodeLions team was able to help with all needed changes until we got it final.

App Dev for Athletic Platform

"The team is really reliable in terms of any additionally needed expertise."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

CodeLions ventured to improve the functionality of an athletics-based app. At first, one full-stack developer worked within Ionic to implement changes, but the team scaled according to the client's needs.

Munich, Germany
CEO, Athletic Platform

CodeLions has delivered excellent work so far; the app has seen significant improvements. Their work has already reduced potential costs by 300%. The team's professional attitude and long-term outlook are remarkable. They've also proved to be responsive and cooperative, no matter the situation.

Birdiecoach [https://birdiecoach.com/] is an online platform for sports coaches and students. With the platform we offer online tools to help both the coaches and students to get better.

The students have access to tools to improve their game and coaches have tools to better server their students. Being the founder and CEO of the company I am responsible to bring the product to the market. I am the CIO responsible and I also have a co partner that is responsible for the marketing and sales.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeLions?

I found Codelions on Upwork where I also had my previous development supplier.

Initially, we wanted to fix & improve functionality inside the app, which would allow our clients to use the app easily and get more benefits of that. Now we got not just upgraded web application but also mobile app and our clients are able to use it more easily which leads to clients number growth and satisfaction increase.

I meet their lead developer on Upwork and we started doing product improvements. He was doing good progress in the app improvement after another vendor who was not that fast. It’s been already more than a year as I use CodeLions’ service and I see how the application was changed significantly.

CodeLions started working with Birdiecoach app as one Full Stack developer (Java + Angular) and added Ionic support in a while. So the main service they provide is software development, risk management and planning.

We have been passed a lot of stages of project’s growth and I was impressed by their willingness to work within a fixed budget and scope to give me the ability to start marketing and bring more customers.

In general, I feel like I am one of the team members because communication is good and strong. We discuss all details very deep and guys are really interested to make one shot but right instead of many times trying. We started project November 2018 and still working which is great indicator of longterm attitude with these guys.

They’ve assigned a remote full stack developer. The team was extended from time to time based on our needs. Now we running with one developer which supports backend and frontend development and another one who is doing ionic improvements.

I just have version appearance on Dec 2018 in my mind and the current result is significantly better. We went through all difficulties last year and CodeLions became a good partner for my product which I wanna extend even more with them. The team is really reliable in terms of any additionally needed expertise.

They found outside DevOps and made improvements to the project building system. The most impressive is their attitude to the client. I got asked them for some native mobile developers because of willing to lunch a mobile app on Android and IOS. But guys were doing risk management and proposed me a better way.

They just explained that adding native mobile development will cost me X3 for every new feature but having that already developed on Android typescript makes it possible to easily convert that to Ionic (hybrid mobile app development) which is gonna be built on different platforms (IOS and Android) - what I needed. But cost and speed using this approach were much better (around 50% over web development instead of an additional 200%).

And I like this attitude because this was really longterm cooperation mindset and I am sure we will reach big goals together.

The entire team, including the remote developer, participates in regular stand-ups and sprint planning meetings. In terms of communication, we use Slack & Skype. The CodeLions team proposed using a free project management tool to coordinate all tasks and make workflow better - using milestones.

We were really impressed with the annunciator they created. It was created outside the normal scope of work, and it turned out to be an amazing product for us. Also, from a management perspective, they're very cooperative and understanding. More importantly, they’re responsive regardless of whatever the outcome may be.

Be very open with your project requirements and be upfront about your budget so they can accommodate you. If you aren’t sure they have the expertise to work with all the technologies you need, ask. Whenever they weren’t familiar with a particular coding language, for example, they were willing to learn and work with whatever third-party developer I hired.

Overall Score As they are a start up they still have a few things to learn but they have a great attitude and that is the most important.
    The deliver on time. We had a few instances when it was not possible but we then did work out a solution that worked for both of us.
    The value for money is top!!!
    Any time