We Build Measurable Digital Solutions
We create digital experiences that connect people and elevate brands.
Since 2000, we've lived on the front lines of where tech meets business and have found success through strong teams, close collaboration, and clear communication. We establish long-lasting relationships with our clients that are built on a foundation of mutual trust. Our clients inspire us every day as they impact the world in ways both large and small, locally and globally. Amazing things happen when we can get behind our client's mission and adopt it as our own.
Metropolitan Museum of Art, Main Line Health, American Society of Association Executives, Urban Land Institute, Harvard Library, Mass Save, National Association of Home Builders, Mass.gov, Leadership Council for Civil and Human Rights, AARP, and more.
The digital landscape has changed users’ expectations of their libraries. People want to find the same delight and intrigue digitally that they once found, physically exploring shelves. After building a series of digital properties with different people through separate projects, Harvard Library felt it needed to inspire delight and intrigue again by unifying its web presence and creating a seamless experience for users where they could smoothly move between platforms.
This project addressed one of the Harvard Library’s primary goals for its website, library.harvard.edu, which was to promote a culture of use, by providing resources to technologically-savvy students and researchers.
Velir used Agile methodology from design through UX, front-end, and back-end development along with insights from workshops about High-Performance teams and the Stanford Design Feedback process to create a state-of-the-art, modern, comprehensive library experience for students, faculty, and researchers at Harvard, as well as the larger community.
- A more robust search experience powered by Solr (which includes results from Hollis+)
- The Space Finder tool to find study spaces based on a wide variety of criteria
- An audience-driven information architecture
- Brand messaging expressed throughout the site
- CMS: Drupal 8
- Search: Solr
- Acquia Cloud
- ReactJS + JSON:API
Our overall approach was to surface content effectively by enhancing information architecture (IA), navigation, and search. To streamline NAHB’s complex IA, we centralized the industry news and insights sections of the site.
- Enhanced Coveo search functionality that helps members find valuable content
- A cohesive Ecommerce site using Sitecore Commerce
- An effective beta test that informed key updates for the full site's launch
- A member-centric website and more intuitive, streamlined member experience
- Search: Coveo
- CMS: Sitecore, Sitecore Commerce, Sitecore Experience Editor
- BEM (Block Element Modifier)
- AMS: Aptify
- Video: Brightcove
ULI had long heard from its members that there was a need for better access to knowledge and content generated across the global organization, so they approached Velir to build on successes from their prototype Knowledge Finder. The all-new platform aimed to harvest content from across ULI and deliver a powerful, predictive search engine powered by AI and machine learning to help members find the most relevant industry knowledge from thousands of resources and thought leadership pieces.
Velir's approach from strategy to development aimed to make content both accessible and easily managed. ULI's Knowledge Finder has a refined and organized taxonomy to create a more effective navigation and search experience authoring experience within Sitecore.
- Accessible content in a centralized hub that prioritizes member expectations
- A seamless content authoring experience for contributors
- A performance measurement plan that supports continued learning and future optimizations
- Knowledge.uli.org has a refined and organized taxonomy to create a more effective navigation and search experience authoring experience within Sitecore. Through an integration with NetFORUM, ULI’s AMS, content can be authored once and published in multiple places, ultimately eliminating some unnecessary effort and process inefficiencies for staff/contributors.
- Multi-lingual capabilities enabled to launch a Japanese version of the site, with many other languages to follow.
- Grouped, created, and surfaced content categories such as reports, events, books, videos, webinars, case studies, and reading lists
- Artificial intelligence and machine-learning powered by Coveo, with contextually intuitive search features like pre-filtered listing pages that empower users to find applicable content quickly
- CMS: Sitecore
- Search: Coveo
- AMS: NetFORUM
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Sitecore Analytics
- Marketing: Sitecore EXM
Learn more here:
IFT sought Velir’s guidance in redesigning their site to better empower members to discover valuable content. We modernized the experience by streamlining the navigation and information architecture to echo the brand’s innovative roots. We modernized the experience by streamlining the navigation and information architecture to echo the brand’s innovative roots. In auditing the original site, we saw an opportunity to reconstruct a cluttered IA that was categorized by business unit.
Re-prioritized IA by audience type and behavior (moving away from categorizing by business unit)
Successfully created an audience-focused navigation structure that allows users to take various paths, complete specific tasks meaningful to them, and deliver clear pathways to key conversions, such as sign-ups and subscriptions.
Established a mindful content-gating strategy, allowing users to preview a fixed number of articles before purchasing a subscription
- CMS: Sitecore
Learn More Here: