Real Receptionists. Machine Intelligence.

Gold

Smith.ai is a superior receptionist service that specializes in converting new potential clients who call, text, or visit your website. Our professional receptionists do much more than answer calls and website chats -- they screen and intake clients, schedule appointments, take payments, and follow-up with online leads.

These are some of the new services we provide through Live Chat:

• 24/7 service for virtual receptionists
  • Answering for Facebook Messenger and SMS Texts for Live Chat
  • Text and Email follow-up for Live Chat
  • Chat to Call functionality for Live Chat
  • Conflict Checker (for attorney clients)

Our services are available throughout all of North America.

Palo Alto, CA
  • 425 Sherman Ave
    Palo Alto, CA 94306

Hacking Law Practice, Wondermint, Fagan Fagan & Davis, Merchbar, Watchman Monitoring, New Wave Financial Services, Nyman IP, Hamp Law, D'Orazio Peterson, CMIT Solutions of Upper Chesapeake

Find out how to set up your live chat in a few easy steps!

Smith.ai Live Chat offers real-time English-Spanish translation Image

Smith.ai Live Chat offers real-time English-Spanish translation

Businesses with a bilingual client base need website chat solutions that can respond to their clients in English and Spanish. Smith.ai delivers real-time responses in both languages using AI and natural-language processing (NLP) technology.

Attorney Regina Edwards relies on Smith.ai to handle all of her firm's calls Image

Attorney Regina Edwards relies on Smith.ai to handle all of her firm's calls

Regina Edwards, attorney and owner of Edwards Family Law in Atlanta, Georgia, recommends Smith.ai to "every attorney" she sees.

Business lawyer Kimberly Y. Bennett says Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists are "integral to a modern law firm." Image

Kimberly Y. Bennett, attorney, owner and founder of K Bennett Law, says, "Smith.ai is an extension of my team. I can be away from my office -- for a meeting or vacation -- and my clients know my virtual receptionists will always be there for them. My phones are answered and my appointments are booked. Smith.ai is flexible, friendly, and dependable. They are integral to a modern law firm."

D'Orazio Peterson implements recommended legal disclaimer in Smith.ai website chat widget Image

Scott Peterson of D'Orazio Peterson says, "Smith.ai's live chat has been an extension of our office. We sleep well knowing that they will handle things professionally, every time."

Hamp Law Reaps $31,000 in New Business with Smith.ai Chatbot Image

Hamp Law Reaps $31,000 in New Business with Smith.ai Chatbot

Shawn Hamp of HampLaw.com spent just $100 on Smith.ai's upgraded AI chatbot, allowing him to capture leads on his website that resulted in $31,000 in new business in just 3 months.

Virtual Reception Services for Defense Attorney

"They have personal and direct service tailored to my specific demands for handling incoming callers."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Smith.ai is providing virtual telephone reception services for a defense attorney. For incoming calls, they take messages or forward the calls.

Santa Ana, California
Christopher McCann
Attorney & Owner, Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann, APC

Smith.ai's services have been very beneficial to the client. The team is very easy to reach and they always respond quickly by phone or email. They're flexible and affordable while delivering excellent service.

I'm a solo defense attorney at my own law office.

Virtual telephone reception.

Competent, affordable answering service.

A colleague referred me. They seemed affordable and flexible without a long-term commitment.

I pay them to answer incoming calls. They take messages and/or forward the calls.

Smith.ai has various personnel who answer the calls for me.

I've been with Smith.ai for about a year now and I'm really impressed with them. I have been a solo attorney for nearly 20 years and never trusted anyone to answer my phones but me. But after missing some new client calls over the years, I got a recommendation to try Smith.ai.

First of all, the set up was very easy. I had someone from Smith.ai that personally worked with me directly to tailor everything about how the calls are answered, whether they are forwarded and even what exactly to say to the caller depending on whether they were new clients, returning clients, attorneys, courts, telemarketers, etc.

They can do the set-up meeting in-person, virtual or over the phone. They can also access my calendar to set-up meetings for me if I want them to. Also, they can adjust their forwarding and answering depending the day, time, weekends, holidays, etc. Things can even be adjusted on the fly by email, call, or even text. Really flexible and convenient. I've also been really impressed with the quality of the answering.

The person forwarding the call to me is polite, professional and well-spoken and gets the message across effectively. They will even relay a message back to the caller if I can't take a call. Then they immediately email or text me the caller's information including name, phone number, email address, message, etc., depending on what I ask them to get from the caller.

Any time I've had to make changes or had questions, they immediately respond to me by phone and/or email. Finally, they are extremely affordable for an answering service. I have attorney colleagues that pay much more for less personal and professional service.

Very easy to reach them by phone or email. They respond quickly if I can't reach them directly by phone or email.

On rare occasion when they have a heavy call volume, it takes several minutes to get the email and text with the callers information. That's not much to complain about.

Virtual Assistant Work for Financial Planner

"I love that my clients don't even realize they're a virtual company. It's awesome that they treat my clients great."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

A financial practice hired Smith.ai to answer its phones. They cover phones during working hours, evenings, and weekends, scheduling appointments, filtering sales calls, and making outbound calls occasionally.

Cleveland, Ohio
Michael Kostelnik
President, Family Life Financial planning

Smith.ai consistently schedules appointments in a professional manner. Clients don't realize that the phones are answered by a virtual operator. The workflow is smooth, as all calls are directly logged.

I am the owner of small financial planning practice. One of my struggles was making sure prospect phone calls were answers and appointments were set. I was worried that I was losing out on appointments from new prospects not leaving a voicemail.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

My primary concern was making sure my phone is always answered.

My goal was to increase new business by making more appointments out of the incoming calls my firm receives. I do not receive a lot of inbound calls and losing new prospects to voicemail is not an option.

I did Google searches and asked for referrals. I went with Smith.AI because I felt their pricing was the most beneficial for my small company that does not receive a lot of calls each month.

I have coverage during my working hours, plus evenings and weekends. Smith.ai answers call schedules appointments, and even makes outbound calls when I need them to. They also filter out sales call which is very helpful by not taking me away from important work. This is especially important because I know I am not missing out on business when I cannot answer the phone.

I do not know how many people they have, but there is never a complaint.

Smith.ai has consistently scheduled appointments and been professional with everyone calling. Most callers do not even know they are a virtual assistant.

The workflow has been better than expected. All calls are logged directly into my CRM where I have automatic workflos set up for followup.

I most love that my clients do not even realize they are a virtual company until I mention it. It's awesome that they treat my clients that great.

The biggest complaint I had was the lack of a dashboard, but recently they have added a dashboard for me to see my statistics.

I've been working with Smith.ai for about 7 months and am super happy. I've asked some of clients for reviews and they have spoken glowingly. The on

Call Center Services for Recording Studio

"I want to stress how outstanding their professionalism is."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provided call answering services for a recording studio. The team books appointments for the client, schedules consultations, and answer's customer's questions.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Matt Grosso
Owner, Cloverleaf Audio-Visual

The team hasn't missed a single call since beginning the engagement and now captures twice as many leads. Smith.ai provides high-quality services, going above and beyond to ensure results. The team is thorough, hard-working, and communicative.

I own and operate a recording studio in Saint Paul, MN.

Call answering services.

Until now, most of our phone calls went unanswered because we didn't have the resources available. I work one-on-one with customers most of the time, so I can't answer the phone regularly. I needed a service that could reliably answer calls for our studio so that we weren't missing out on potential projects.

I spent several days interviewing various call answering companies and selected Smith.Ai based on their pricing, their professionalism, and the fact that they include a basic chatbot for free!

They're able to book appointments for our customers, schedule consultations for leads, and answer the basic questions that almost everyone asks when they call.

From what I understand, they have a network of receptionists that each work from a dedicated home office. When our customers call, the call logs show many different receptionist names. I'm not sure how large their team is. However, they all seem very well trained.

Since hiring them, we haven't missed a single call during Smith.Ai's operating hours (which is most of the day). It's amazing! They integrated their system with our CRM and now we see a short summary of every single call right on each customer's profile so we can pick up the conversation right where it left off.

Now we're capturing at least twice as many leads as we would have previously, and their professionalism is astounding! I even posed as a customer one time and called our studio to see how they would handle some difficult questions. The receptionist didn't have answers for everything (which I expected), but she was honest with me and even treated me with a better customer service attitude than I would have treated a caller.

Incredible. Their info flows right into our CRM so we don't miss anything. When I need changes to the call handling workflow, I email them the requested changes, and they promptly adjust.

I want to stress how outstanding their professionalism is. Their receptionists are trained to answer calls for law firms, so their professionalism far exceeds the standard that our industry requires. However, I love the first impression that we give now.

The best part about all of this is that I know that I don't have to worry about answering the phone any more. I feel at-ease knowing that the Smith.Ai team is going to handle it well.

Overall Score A+++ from me!
    Easy.
    Reasonable considering the level of professionalism they provide.
    Impressive!
    Highly likely.

Virtual Receptionists for Attorney

"This is a very professional company that works hard to satisfy its clients' needs."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

An attorney hired Smith.ai to answer phone calls during office hours. The receptionist takes basic information from the caller, transcribes the information, and emails it to the attorney.

Winter Springs, Florida
Attorney, Law Office

No longer having to answer phones saves the attorney time and prevents her from missing leads or hiring a full-time receptionist. The team at Smith.ai is professional and goes the extra mile to satisfy their client's needs. They're easy to work with and can handle all requests over email.

I am an attorney and the founding member. Our main practice area is Personal Injury including, motor vehicle and pedestrian accidents, slip and fall accidents, premises liability, negligent security, animal bites, and wrongful death.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

We needed professional support to answer our phone calls during office hours so that we would no longer miss calls and new leads, and did not have to hire a full time receptionist.

We wanted callers to be able to speak to a live person so that we would not miss calls and new leads where the callers would hang up and not leave a voicemail.

I first reached out to my colleagues on various legal industry listservs. Smith.ai came very highly recommended by my colleagues. I then researched each vendor on their website and then reached out to Smith.ai via their website.

Our phones are now answered by the virtual receptionist during our office hours 8 am - 6 pm. The receptionist takes basic information, such as name, address, and phone number, takes a message, transcribes the message and I am sent an email and a text message with the details. Instead of paying a full time receptionist upwards of $25,000 per year, for my call volume, I am only paying $3,000 per year for the virtual receptionist.

They have a staff that rotates by call so there are no dedicated staff designated for my business, but while I would prefer to have dedicated staff, I have not noticed any drawbacks to the rotation, and no clients or colleagues have ever commented or complained.

Having my phones answered saves me an enormous amount of time and the best part is that I no longer have to worry about missing calls from clients or missing calls from new leads.

I have a dedicated account manager that I meet with quarterly. But any requests that I have that come up are handled by the support staff. They normally respond to my emails/texts within a few minutes, but not more than an hour.

This is a very professional company that works hard to satisfy its clients needs. They are always willing to initiate changes to my instructions and these requests can usually be handled simply by sending an email which is another huge time saver for me.

They are doing a great job. I only wish they integrated with my practice management software, MyCase. But that's not a deal breaker for me.

Overall Score Highly recommended!
    Support is always quick to respond to my requests.
    Very affordable compared to other services and extremely cost effective compared to hiring a full time receptionist.
    Courteous and professional receptionists, responsive support staff.
    I already do recommend Smith.ai to colleagues.

Outsourced Receptionist for Law Firm

"They reach out and work directly with me."

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provided outsourced phone support and receptionist work for a law firm. Their team was trained on the firm's needs before answering calls in a professional manner.

Gilbert, Arizona
Jake Carlson
Owner, LifePlan Legal AZ

Smith.ai has been invaluable in growing the business. Their staff is responsive and helpful. They know the business needs, although scheduling for time zones was a bit difficult. However, the cost was excellent.

We are a law firm serving East Valley AZ with services of Estate Planning, Elder Law and Probate

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

We hired Smith.ai to be our outsourced phones to help handle the influx of vendor calls

Spend less time with vendors, advertisers and marketers and more time focused on our clients

I was referred by another attorney that was happy with their services.

When the phone is answered live we have a much better chance of getting an appointment. To hire a receptionist in house would have been $2500-$3500 a month. For a small fraction of that cost we were able to get Smith.ai to professionally handle the calls and allow us to focus on serving our clients

They have a staff that answers the calls quickly upon the incoming ring. Each staff member is trained on my specific practice and firm needs

As a growing small business, I was getting so many marketing calls, advertising calls, vendor calls. It took away from my ability to focus on my legal work. Finding Smith.ai was super valuable. I used the free trial and estimate I saved 6-8 hours of time in 2 weeks. The system is so easy to use and the staff very responsive and helpful.

In the beginning we had some challenges with time zone conversion. I think we may have gotten it solved and working much better.

They reach out and work directly with me, they know my needs and try to resolve problems directly

They have struggled with time zone adjustments. I am in AZ and getting the scheduled calls for my time zone was an initial challenge.

Overall Score I am pleased with Smith.ai. My only hiccup was the time zone challenge.
    Super easy
    Terrific- I like their flat fee versus per minute structure
    They do good work, we had some time zone conversion problems initially to deal with
    Already have

Virtual Receptionist Services for Estate Planning Law Firm

"They are professional, courteous, responsive, and allow us to work more efficiently. Highly recommend!"

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

A boutique estate planning firm hired Smith.ai for virtual receptionist services. They provide 24/7 phone answering services.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Brittany Littleton
Managing Member, Law Firm

Smith.ai quickly became an integral part of the firm's team. They are adaptable, professional, courteous, responsive, and allow the firm to work more efficiently.

I own an a boutique estate planning and business law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

I use Smith.ai for virtual receptionist services.

Phone Service

Recommendation of colleagues

I have 24-7 phone answering services.

Misc. people answer the calls.

We hired Smith.ai to help us work remotely more efficiently during the COVID crisis. However, they've quickly become an integral part of our team and we plan to use them long-term. They are professional, courteous, responsive, and allow us to work more efficiently. Highly recommend!

Super easy. We work via email to adjust parameters and guidelines. They are very responsive.

Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.

Ideally, we'd work with the same smaller team of receptionists over and over instead of always random ones.

Call Center Services for Laundry Company

"People call and tell us how impressed they were with the agent who answered the call."

Smith.ai provides call center services on an ongoing basis. This includes managing spam inquiries, booking services for new clients, and answering questions.

Cathy Green
Co Owner, UpperCrust Laundry

Stakeholders are pleased with the partnership as it has generated many new clients. The vendor has a prompt, personable communication style; they ensure stakeholders are well-informed about the content of their calls. They have a highly efficient approach to problem-solving.

UpperCrust Laundry is a pick up/drop off company that handles laundry for businesses and private residences. I am the co-owner of the company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

I hired Smith.ai to handle calls for our busy office. We have all types of clients calling us from businesses to private residential clients to people in hotels and B & B establishments.

My goal was to have a company that was equipped to handle our calls and to ensure that not one call or potential client was missed.

I found Smith.ai via a Google search.

They started handling our phone calls about 3 years ago and are ongoing. They deal with spam calls. They book us for new clients and they answer a ton of questions for potential and present clients. They are very fast in taking notes and sending me the results.

They have quite a few agents who answer the phones and each one is terrific. They all bring their own strengths and personalities.

I've gotten many new clients as a direct result of Smith.ai. People call and tell us how impressed they were with the agent who answered the call. Recently a man called and said that as a direct result of the agent who answered the phone he decided to use our company.

They answer my calls daily so the work flow is continuous unless there is a holiday.

What I find most impressive is the fact that when I share a concern, they immediately deal with it and get back to me on how they resolved it.

I'd love for their agents to not feel like they have to know the answer to every question a potential client throws at them. It's okay to simply take a message and let them know that a manager will return their call.

Overall Score They have been consistent and deserve 5 starts for excellence.
    No issues at all with scheduling.
    Compare to their competition, they are very reasonable.
    I've tried several companies. They are amongst the best.
    They have been supportive of my company for several years and I'm happy to refer them.

Call Center Services for Legal Firm

"Their commitment to customer service keeps me coming back."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provided virtual receptionist services for a legal firm. The team went on to answer all incoming calls, collect payments, and schedule consultations.

Athens, Georgia
Nicole Woolfork Hull
Managing Partner, The Hull Firm LLC

The engagement has saved time and increased the efficiency of the internal team. Smith.ai provides detailed call reports to ensure the customer never misses an important message. The team is organized, hard-working, and detail-oriented.

I am the Managing Partner of The Hull Firm LLC, a general law practice in Athens, Georiga.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

I initially hired Smith A.I. for the virtual receptionist services when I needed to expand without incurring the cost of a new employee. The service worked so well that look into the other services provided by Smith and switch my phone services to KeyPad.

I needed to make sure that as we expanded, we never missed a telephone call and the attorneys and paralegals were not tied up scheduling consultations instead of working on cases.

I heard reviews about Smith AI from other attorneys and decided to give them I try. I was not disappointed.

We expanded our practice by added practice areas and beginning an aggressive marketing campaign. I contracted with Smith to answer each incoming call, collect the payment, and schedule consultations.

They have endless paralegals who all seem like the work in our office.

Smith AI has been a tremendous time saver for my firm. The organization and description of each call also helps to make sure that we don't miss important message details.

Working with Smith A.I. has been amazing. Even though we are on different coasts, I've never had a problem getting someone on the phone to change workflows or instructions.

Their commitment to customer service keeps me coming back.

I wish they did everything so I can contract with them

They have been very accommodating with my schedule.
    SO much cheaper than hiring a receptionist.
    The quality has been great.
    I tell every attorney I know about Smith A.I.

Inbound Call Answering for Law Practice

"The ROI is astounding considering the amount of work they’ve brought in for me."

June 2018 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provides ongoing answering services for a law business. They handle incoming calls from potential and current clients, directing contact and conveying messages.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Louis DiLello
Owner & Attorney at Law, Chestnut Hill Legal

The support from Smith.ai has helped grow the business and led to a 50% conversion rate from potential clients. Their ability to satisfy requirements without heavy oversight makes them very valuable for the growing firm. Customers can expect an easy-to-work-with team that welcomes feedback.

I’m the owner and attorney at law for Chestnut Hill Legal.

What challenge were you trying to address with Smith.ai?

Since I’m a one-person business here, I hired them to handle incoming calls from potential and current clients.

To start, they sent me some targeted questions for me to answer. From that, they put together a script for these calls. They handle new client intake as well as routing my current clients' calls to me. They also take messages and send them to me, lessening the burden of having to take all the calls myself.

Around 5–10 different receptionists handle the calls.

How did you come to work with Smith.ai?

I was searching Google for this type of service. I evaluated several virtual receptionists and came across Smith.ai and liked their website. They also gave a good presentation.

I spend around $200 per month since I’m on a certain tier and am charged for additional calls.

We’ve been working together since June 2018 and our engagement is ongoing.

I get a lot of great feedback from clients about their interactions with Smith.ai. The conversion rate from potential clients is about 50%, which is really great and can be attributed to the good first impression their team leaves.

How did Smith.ai perform from a project management standpoint?

Whenever I’ve had a question or an issue, even though there have been few to speak of, they all take care of it right away. Typically different people are in contact with me, depending on who is available. All of the scheduling is done through Calendly, so the appointments appear on my calendar, which is great.

Unlike a lot of vendors, they don’t have a complicated online dashboard that I need to monitor. Whenever I need a change, I can go directly to Smith.ai so it’s entirely hands-off. The number of receptionists is great because they really get a sense of my business by handling multiple calls. The ROI is astounding considering the amount of work they’ve brought in for me.

Nothing springs to mind. I’m really happy with their services.

Be kind to the receptionists and give them feedback when they do well. Our positive relationship is partly due to the continuous feedback I give them. Their job is difficult, so be willing to be patient and open about your process with them—they’ll learn really well that way.

Overall Score It’s been a pleasure. I can do my work and they handle the calls.
    They’re great, especially because of their use of Calendly.
    The ROI is great.
    My own experience has been so good.

Staff Augmentation for Legacy Law Firm

"I was impressed with how easy this was to implement and how affordable their services are."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

Smith.ai answers telephones for internal stakeholders when they are busy or out of the office.

Crossville, Tennessee
Nina Whitehurst
Owner & Attorney, Cumberland Legacy Law

The vendor provides consistently reliable services. They gather important information during each call and treat the callers well. Their personable, responsive communication style is noteworthy.

I am the principal attorney of a small law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

We use Smith.ai to answer our telephones when we are in meetings or out of the office.

We wanted callers to be treated courteously and have the comfort of speaking with a real person rather than leaving a voicemail message during business hours. We wanted the receptionists to gather certain minimum information during each call.

This vendor was referred by another attorney that I know who is a client of Smith.ai.

I spent very little time looking for a solution. The recommendation from another attorney who uses them was good enough for me.

We have coverage Monday through Friday until midnight during which time a live person answers the phones for us when we are not able to. They know which calls to immediately pass through or hold, what basic information we require.

We were assigned a point person to handle the onboarding process. After we were onboarded, we received a "drip" of successive emails providing helpful hints on getting started and how to obtain support in the future.

Now, calls are being answered on a timely basis and callers experience the sense that we have a full-time receptionist that often works late.

Calls are answered reliably and courteously. The information we need is always obtained. Callers do feel like they are speaking with our office, judging by comments I receive later such as, "As I mentioned to your secretary . . ."

I am glad. This is the effect that we wanted. It helps to be able to go into meetings or out of the office without having to worry about who will answer the telephones.

Super easy. They are very helpful and responsive. We can email them any time we have a special request, such as holding all calls without exception, or who should be on the exceptions list.

I was impressed with how easy this was to implement and how affordable their services are. I wish I had done this sooner. I had been worried about that the most before going down this path.

I can't think of any.

Overall Score We are very pleased.
    Never had any problems with scheduling.
    Very affordable.
    Reliable, friendly service.
    A colleague referred me and I would be happy to pay it forward if the opportunity presents itself.

Gold