24/7 live agents for phone, chat, SMS & Facebook

GOLD VERIFIED

Smith.ai is a superior 24/7 omnichannel receptionist service that specializes in converting new potential clients who call, text, or visit your website. Our professional receptionists do much more than answer calls and website chats -- they screen and intake clients, schedule appointments, take payments, and follow-up with online leads.

In addition we've added new services for 2020 like:

• 24/7 Answering for Facebook Messenger and SMS Texts
  • Text and Email follow-up
  • Chat to Call, so those who prefer a live voice can receive a call back with the click of a button
  • Conflict Checker (for attorney clients)

Our North America-based receptionists service clients worldwide, 24/7.

Palo Alto, CA
  • 425 Sherman Ave
    Palo Alto, CA 94306

Hacking Law Practice, Wondermint, Fagan Fagan & Davis, Merchbar, Watchman Monitoring, New Wave Financial Services, Nyman IP, Hamp Law, D'Orazio Peterson, CMIT Solutions of Upper Chesapeake

Find out how to set up your live chat in a few easy steps!

Smith.ai Live Chat offers real-time English-Spanish translation Image

Smith.ai Live Chat offers real-time English-Spanish translation

Businesses with a bilingual client base need website chat solutions that can respond to their clients in English and Spanish. Smith.ai delivers real-time responses in both languages using AI and natural-language processing (NLP) technology.

Attorney Regina Edwards relies on Smith.ai to handle all of her firm's calls Image

Attorney Regina Edwards relies on Smith.ai to handle all of her firm's calls

Regina Edwards, attorney and owner of Edwards Family Law in Atlanta, Georgia, recommends Smith.ai to "every attorney" she sees.

Business lawyer Kimberly Y. Bennett says Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists are "integral to a modern law firm." Image

Kimberly Y. Bennett, attorney, owner and founder of K Bennett Law, says, "Smith.ai is an extension of my team. I can be away from my office -- for a meeting or vacation -- and my clients know my virtual receptionists will always be there for them. My phones are answered and my appointments are booked. Smith.ai is flexible, friendly, and dependable. They are integral to a modern law firm."

D'Orazio Peterson implements recommended legal disclaimer in Smith.ai website chat widget Image

Scott Peterson of D'Orazio Peterson says, "Smith.ai's live chat has been an extension of our office. We sleep well knowing that they will handle things professionally, every time."

Hamp Law Reaps $31,000 in New Business with Smith.ai Chatbot Image

Hamp Law Reaps $31,000 in New Business with Smith.ai Chatbot

Shawn Hamp of HampLaw.com spent just $100 on Smith.ai's upgraded AI chatbot, allowing him to capture leads on his website that resulted in $31,000 in new business in just 3 months.

Chat Solutions for Marketing & Advertising Firm

"There was minimum interaction because they really go out of their way to make the process clear and easy to implement."

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provides chat solutions that are integrated to the advertising and marketing firm's pipelines. The team's system is also connected to billing and client service.

North Richland Hills, Texas
Neal Cornett
President, Sigmategy, Inc.

While the project is ongoing, Smith.ai has already demonstrated high effectiveness. Each month, the firm receives over 50 prospective clients. Moreover, 70% of the client's consultation bookings are done through chat inquiries. Chat initiated consultations also yield an 8% new client sign-up rate.

In addition to PPC advertising and Search Optimization, in March of 2020 we began providing website chat to help drive new prospective clients to engage with our client's family law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

Our client was already making substantial investments with search optimization and PPC advertising and was hesitant to take on new recurring costs. The free trial and easy to install chat software made Smith.AI's services much easier to demonstrate their value.

Initially, we wanted to show that we could drive more prospective law firm clients to the business but it turned out to be a real eye-opener about how the firm wasn't addressing the evening and weekend questions they could get when visitors to their website were ready to talk about their problems.

How did you select Smith.ai?

We were looking for a low-cost chat solution that could also connect to our client's CLIO billing and client service.

The project was a dream to implement. In total we spent about four hours configuring the service, working with the law firm's staff to develop around 200 most commonly asked questions to load into the Smith.AI chat system. Then we added this new communication channel to their new lead pipeline processes. From there we monitor the questions that come in each month and ad any answers the chat AI was not able to answer.

Project manager, web developer (hardly needed IMO), and law firm manager.

The law firm is averaging over 50 additional prospective client engagements a month. Primarily late night and weekend inquiries. Not only does this show that the firm is interested in helping answer questions but we have tracked the results and they are impressive: - a 70% consultation bookings from chat inquiries - an 8% new client sign-up rate from chat initiated consultations

There was minimum interaction because they really go out of their way to make the process clear and easy to implement. The services website backend has lots of tooltips and how-to guides to help you along the way.

Smith.AI understands this is a service and one that just needs to work. There is little you will need to be successful other than follow their hand-to-glove setup process.

Not at the moment though we are encouraging our law firm client to upgrade to the human answered reception services to help firm website visitors to book appointments at night and weekends when the office is closed.

Overall Score They nailed every aspect of this service.
    How-tos were all we needed but they had support number and chat
    They even offer a free option!
    Everything you need to drive new business.
    We are promoting this solution to all our clients.

Virtual Receptionist Services for Criminal Defense Practice

"Their growth and evolution have not gotten in the way of customer service."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provides virtual receptionist services for a criminal defense practice. the team is responsible for screening potential clients and taking messages from current clients.

Georgetown, Texas
Terrence Marsh
Owner, Law Office of Terrence Marsh

The results of the engagement met the needs and requirements of the internal team, leading to a successful ongoing partnership. Smith.ai reduces the burden on the client and interacts with customers in a professional manner. The team is hard-working and organized.

I am the owner of a criminal defense practice in Central Texas.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

I hired Smith.ai for receptionist services with my firm. This included screening calls, transcribing messages to email, and returning calls from clients if necessary.

My goal was to alleviate the pressures of answering phone calls throughout the day as a solo practitioner.

I selected Smith based upon their custom pricing, services offered, and responsiveness of management to my needs.

The project involves fielding and screening potential new clients as well as taking messages for current clients.

The team seems to be rotating but they also have Spanish speakers on staff which is crucial in my location and practice area.

Smith's associates rarely make mistakes screening calls. In the off chance that they do, they remedy it immediately.

I can't say enough good things about Smith. They've helped take a huge burden off my shoulders and keep me organized.

I've found most impressive that they are constantly adapting and adding new services/features. This is especially true because I've been with them for 4 years and have seen their evolution. Their growth and evolution have not gotten in the way of customer service. I never feel forgotten about or ignored.

Occasionally calls are improperly screened (meaning they are referred elsewhere). I'd say this is 1/100 times.

Call Center Services for Small Law Firm

"We are very happy with Smith.ai."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provides call center services for a small law firm. The team provides 24/7 phone answering services to ensure no calls are missed after hours.

Aberdeen, North Carolina
Jason Morton
Partner, Webb & Morton PLLC

The engagement met the expectations of the internal team, providing regular after-hours service. Smith.ai goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction, regardless of the time of day. The team is professional and easy to work with.

Partner at a small law firm with 3 attorneys and 4 support staff.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

Needed after-hours and overflow call services for our law firm and our clients and new prospective clients.

Provide clients and prospective clients the ability to talk to a live person, with knowledge of our business and practice areas, after normal business hours; to give a more personal feel.

Referral from a tech company we use for our website and blog spot, Tiny Frog Technologies -- highly recommend them as well.

Smith.ia provides us phone coverage 24/7 for our clients and prospective clients. Live person answering our phones 24/7 with a detailed email message from the call. Very effective.

Smith.ia has dedicated teams that picks up our call beyond our normal business hours 24/7. Clients like the idea of scheduling appointments at all hours of the night and weekends -- prospective client like talking to a real person as well at any time.

Senior Account Rep called me on a Sunday, yes a Sunday!, to walk me thru how to make the changes I needed but could not figure out how to do in their self service client site. Unexpected but very happy about it, great service. Very positive feedback from my client as to professionalism on Smith.ia telephone calls. Smith.ia moved to 24/7 phone coverage. Smith.ia Reps knowledgable about the legal services we offer and those we do not.

Incredibly effective; in fact, I wrote a panicked email over the weekend that was outside Smith.ai's normal business hours. I needed to change some call routing on the fly over a weekend. I figured I'd have to wait until Monday morning but a Smith.ai Senior Account Rep called me on a Sunday, yes a Sunday!, to walk me thru how to make the changes I needed. It was her day off and she was heading to a family cookout! Now that's service! We are very happy with Smith.ai.

Their service, cost, and ease of use impressed us.

Frankly, none come to mind.

Easier than expected.
    Low cost compared to others.
    Could not be happier!
    Very likely and have done so already.

Virtual Receptionist for Family Law Firm

"Smith.ai is very professional and thorough."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provides virtual receptionist services for a family, criminal, and car wreck legal firm. The team is responsible for answering incoming calls 24 hours a day.

Austin, Texas
Tycha Kimbrough, Esq.
Managing Attorney, Law Firm

The engagement ensures the client never misses a call. Smith.ai provides a high level of customer service and support, resulting in satisfied customers. The team is professional, easy to talk to, and well-organized.

I am the Managing Attorney of a compassionate and dedicated Texas family, criminal, and car wreck law firm that cares deeply about Austin and San Antonio’s communities and the people living in them. We are dedicated to providing each case with the quality attention it deserves. We are professional, accessible, and prepared.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

I hired Smith.ai to serve as a virtual receptionist for my law firm to help with overflow calls.

The project is ongoing. I desire to answer calls from potential new clients 24/7 and to have outstanding customer service.

I heard about this company from colleagues who used their service. I also compared this company to other answering services.

They have multiple staff members who are available to assist.

Smith.ai helps with my firm's customer service and intake process. We never miss a call because of them.

They assigned me an account manager who is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Smith.ai is very professional and thorough.

Not at this time.

Virtual Receptionist Services for Law Firm

"Their professionalism set them apart."

June 2020 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provided virtual receptionist services for a small law firm. The team was responsible for answering calls, taking and passing along messages, and scheduling consultations.

Kissimmee, Florida
Jeanette Mora, Esq.
Attorney & Owner, Law Office of Jeanette Mora, P.A.

The client saw positive results within the first week of the engagement. Smith.ai establishes a smooth workflow through clear and transparent communication. The team is collaborative, hard-working, and easy to work with.

I am the attorney/owner of a small law firm, Law Office of Jeanette Mora, P.A. in the Central Florida region.

Virtual Receptionist Services

Reduce calls to me directly, increase consultations on the calendar and have more efficient time management.

They answer all my calls, no call is ever missed. They schedule consultations on my calendar and forward messages to my email with pertinent relevant details.

Virtual receptionist services - answer calls, take messages, send messages to the attorney, schedule consultations, etc.

Within a week my business efficiency has greatly improved.

Very effective and very communicative.

Their professionalism set them apart.

Call Center Services for Tenant Law Firm

"Their desire to continue improving services and work with customers to make plans that fit impressed us."

June 2018 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provides call center services for a tenant law firm. The team is responsible for reception services, taking over 100 calls from potential and existing customers and providing 24-hour services.

Austin, Texas
Jennifer MacGeorge, Esq.
Managing Member, MacGeorge Law Firm. PLLC

The engagement allowed the client to double their call volume and continued to update the client's customer service options. Smith.ai integrates seamlessly with the internal team to ensure a smooth workflow. The team is polite and professional over the phone.

I own a law firm in Austin, Texas.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

I hired Smith.ai for call reception services, and intake help for potential customers.

To have consistency for clients, to make sure all calls were being answered, and to weed out non-customers before scheduling potential quality leads for consultations.

I did several trials with reception companies, had many phone calls, conducted research, and did price comparisons. After a 7 day trial with Smith.ai, I decided to give them my business.

Smith.ai takes on over 100 calls from potential and existing customers per month for my law firm. They just switched to 24 hour phone service, and when they are on the calls, they follow detailed notes of instructions I have provided for them to follow when talking with and choosing to reject, schedule or transfer the call. They are very detailed, and consistent, and they make my business look good.

There are countless people on the other side of this, they have a pool of employees that answer phones. I think naturally, their team has grown over time, because my phones are always getting answered, despite my call volume doubling over time.

Aside from the above (doubling of my call volume with no issues for Smith.ai), I have seen many improvements and features added to the service over the years, like 24 hour call answering, chat boxes, intake services, etc.

Highly. The services are linked together from their computer system to mine, and its a seamless integration!

On occasion, the calls are answered after several rings, but this is a very minor issue, considering the massive benefits I am receiving.

The cost is not insignificant, and the value for the quality is well worth it!
    On occasion, some reps make mistakes on reading the notes, but for the vast majority of callers, they get it right consistently.
    I have already done so on many occasions!

Virtual Reception Services for Defense Attorney

"They have personal and direct service tailored to my specific demands for handling incoming callers."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Smith.ai is providing virtual telephone reception services for a defense attorney. For incoming calls, they take messages or forward the calls.

Santa Ana, California
Christopher McCann
Attorney & Owner, Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann, APC

Smith.ai's services have been very beneficial to the client. The team is very easy to reach and they always respond quickly by phone or email. They're flexible and affordable while delivering excellent service.

I'm a solo defense attorney at my own law office.

Virtual telephone reception.

Competent, affordable answering service.

A colleague referred me. They seemed affordable and flexible without a long-term commitment.

I pay them to answer incoming calls. They take messages and/or forward the calls.

Smith.ai has various personnel who answer the calls for me.

I've been with Smith.ai for about a year now and I'm really impressed with them. I have been a solo attorney for nearly 20 years and never trusted anyone to answer my phones but me. But after missing some new client calls over the years, I got a recommendation to try Smith.ai.

First of all, the set up was very easy. I had someone from Smith.ai that personally worked with me directly to tailor everything about how the calls are answered, whether they are forwarded and even what exactly to say to the caller depending on whether they were new clients, returning clients, attorneys, courts, telemarketers, etc.

They can do the set-up meeting in-person, virtual or over the phone. They can also access my calendar to set-up meetings for me if I want them to. Also, they can adjust their forwarding and answering depending the day, time, weekends, holidays, etc. Things can even be adjusted on the fly by email, call, or even text. Really flexible and convenient. I've also been really impressed with the quality of the answering.

The person forwarding the call to me is polite, professional and well-spoken and gets the message across effectively. They will even relay a message back to the caller if I can't take a call. Then they immediately email or text me the caller's information including name, phone number, email address, message, etc., depending on what I ask them to get from the caller.

Any time I've had to make changes or had questions, they immediately respond to me by phone and/or email. Finally, they are extremely affordable for an answering service. I have attorney colleagues that pay much more for less personal and professional service.

Very easy to reach them by phone or email. They respond quickly if I can't reach them directly by phone or email.

On rare occasion when they have a heavy call volume, it takes several minutes to get the email and text with the callers information. That's not much to complain about.

Virtual Assistant Work for Financial Planner

"I love that my clients don't even realize they're a virtual company. It's awesome that they treat my clients great."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

A financial practice hired Smith.ai to answer its phones. They cover phones during working hours, evenings, and weekends, scheduling appointments, filtering sales calls, and making outbound calls occasionally.

Cleveland, Ohio
Michael Kostelnik
President, Family Life Financial planning

Smith.ai consistently schedules appointments in a professional manner. Clients don't realize that the phones are answered by a virtual operator. The workflow is smooth, as all calls are directly logged.

I am the owner of small financial planning practice. One of my struggles was making sure prospect phone calls were answers and appointments were set. I was worried that I was losing out on appointments from new prospects not leaving a voicemail.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

My primary concern was making sure my phone is always answered.

My goal was to increase new business by making more appointments out of the incoming calls my firm receives. I do not receive a lot of inbound calls and losing new prospects to voicemail is not an option.

I did Google searches and asked for referrals. I went with Smith.AI because I felt their pricing was the most beneficial for my small company that does not receive a lot of calls each month.

I have coverage during my working hours, plus evenings and weekends. Smith.ai answers call schedules appointments, and even makes outbound calls when I need them to. They also filter out sales call which is very helpful by not taking me away from important work. This is especially important because I know I am not missing out on business when I cannot answer the phone.

I do not know how many people they have, but there is never a complaint.

Smith.ai has consistently scheduled appointments and been professional with everyone calling. Most callers do not even know they are a virtual assistant.

The workflow has been better than expected. All calls are logged directly into my CRM where I have automatic workflos set up for followup.

I most love that my clients do not even realize they are a virtual company until I mention it. It's awesome that they treat my clients that great.

The biggest complaint I had was the lack of a dashboard, but recently they have added a dashboard for me to see my statistics.

I've been working with Smith.ai for about 7 months and am super happy. I've asked some of clients for reviews and they have spoken glowingly. The on

Call Center Services for Recording Studio

"I want to stress how outstanding their professionalism is."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

Smith.ai provided call answering services for a recording studio. The team books appointments for the client, schedules consultations, and answer's customer's questions.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Matt Grosso
Owner, Cloverleaf Audio-Visual

The team hasn't missed a single call since beginning the engagement and now captures twice as many leads. Smith.ai provides high-quality services, going above and beyond to ensure results. The team is thorough, hard-working, and communicative.

I own and operate a recording studio in Saint Paul, MN.

Call answering services.

Until now, most of our phone calls went unanswered because we didn't have the resources available. I work one-on-one with customers most of the time, so I can't answer the phone regularly. I needed a service that could reliably answer calls for our studio so that we weren't missing out on potential projects.

I spent several days interviewing various call answering companies and selected Smith.Ai based on their pricing, their professionalism, and the fact that they include a basic chatbot for free!

They're able to book appointments for our customers, schedule consultations for leads, and answer the basic questions that almost everyone asks when they call.

From what I understand, they have a network of receptionists that each work from a dedicated home office. When our customers call, the call logs show many different receptionist names. I'm not sure how large their team is. However, they all seem very well trained.

Since hiring them, we haven't missed a single call during Smith.Ai's operating hours (which is most of the day). It's amazing! They integrated their system with our CRM and now we see a short summary of every single call right on each customer's profile so we can pick up the conversation right where it left off.

Now we're capturing at least twice as many leads as we would have previously, and their professionalism is astounding! I even posed as a customer one time and called our studio to see how they would handle some difficult questions. The receptionist didn't have answers for everything (which I expected), but she was honest with me and even treated me with a better customer service attitude than I would have treated a caller.

Incredible. Their info flows right into our CRM so we don't miss anything. When I need changes to the call handling workflow, I email them the requested changes, and they promptly adjust.

I want to stress how outstanding their professionalism is. Their receptionists are trained to answer calls for law firms, so their professionalism far exceeds the standard that our industry requires. However, I love the first impression that we give now.

The best part about all of this is that I know that I don't have to worry about answering the phone any more. I feel at-ease knowing that the Smith.Ai team is going to handle it well.

Overall Score A+++ from me!
    Easy.
    Reasonable considering the level of professionalism they provide.
    Impressive!
    Highly likely.

Virtual Receptionists for Attorney

"This is a very professional company that works hard to satisfy its clients' needs."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

An attorney hired Smith.ai to answer phone calls during office hours. The receptionist takes basic information from the caller, transcribes the information, and emails it to the attorney.

Winter Springs, Florida
Attorney, Law Office

No longer having to answer phones saves the attorney time and prevents her from missing leads or hiring a full-time receptionist. The team at Smith.ai is professional and goes the extra mile to satisfy their client's needs. They're easy to work with and can handle all requests over email.

I am an attorney and the founding member. Our main practice area is Personal Injury including, motor vehicle and pedestrian accidents, slip and fall accidents, premises liability, negligent security, animal bites, and wrongful death.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smith.ai?

We needed professional support to answer our phone calls during office hours so that we would no longer miss calls and new leads, and did not have to hire a full time receptionist.

We wanted callers to be able to speak to a live person so that we would not miss calls and new leads where the callers would hang up and not leave a voicemail.

I first reached out to my colleagues on various legal industry listservs. Smith.ai came very highly recommended by my colleagues. I then researched each vendor on their website and then reached out to Smith.ai via their website.

Our phones are now answered by the virtual receptionist during our office hours 8 am - 6 pm. The receptionist takes basic information, such as name, address, and phone number, takes a message, transcribes the message and I am sent an email and a text message with the details. Instead of paying a full time receptionist upwards of $25,000 per year, for my call volume, I am only paying $3,000 per year for the virtual receptionist.

They have a staff that rotates by call so there are no dedicated staff designated for my business, but while I would prefer to have dedicated staff, I have not noticed any drawbacks to the rotation, and no clients or colleagues have ever commented or complained.

Having my phones answered saves me an enormous amount of time and the best part is that I no longer have to worry about missing calls from clients or missing calls from new leads.

I have a dedicated account manager that I meet with quarterly. But any requests that I have that come up are handled by the support staff. They normally respond to my emails/texts within a few minutes, but not more than an hour.

This is a very professional company that works hard to satisfy its clients needs. They are always willing to initiate changes to my instructions and these requests can usually be handled simply by sending an email which is another huge time saver for me.

They are doing a great job. I only wish they integrated with my practice management software, MyCase. But that's not a deal breaker for me.

Overall Score Highly recommended!
    Support is always quick to respond to my requests.
    Very affordable compared to other services and extremely cost effective compared to hiring a full time receptionist.
    Courteous and professional receptionists, responsive support staff.
    I already do recommend Smith.ai to colleagues.

GOLD VERIFIED