Think Web. Think Smart. đź’ˇ

Bronze

SmartSites is full service digital agency that specializes in website design, website development, search engine optimization, and pay per click management. SmartSites offers creative ways to plan, build, and promote businesses of all sizes, in various industries across the United States. The company was founded in 2011 and is based out of Paramus, New Jersey.

Paramus, NJ

Porsche, Harvard University, Rakuten, Poker Stars, Mickey Truck Bodies, A-Absolute Plumbing, NJIT, Rockville Interiors

Digital Marketing for Data Center Company

Website Design & Development, Search Engine Optimization

Ecommerce Website & Digital Marketing

Ecommerce (Magento) Development, Complex Integrations, Organic SEO

SEO & PPC Campaign Management for Hat Retailer

"I really feel like I chose the right agency to entrust my business to."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

SmartSites coordinates ongoing SEO and PPC campaigns for a hat retailer. They make prioritized recommendations for improvements and develop strategic plans to address all needs.

Bronx, New York
Brian Chun
CEO, Hat Heaven

SmartSites’ efforts have increased ROI and organic rankings in just two months of work. The team is accessible and experienced, making for a smooth working relationship. They offer practical solutions but are also receptive to outside ideas.

I am the owner of Hat Heaven, a premium headwear retailer.

PPC & SEO.

Better communication and better ad performance.

I've worked with several marketing companies and none of them worked out. I found about SmartSites through a Google Ad.

We started off with Dylan (Paid Search Specialist, SmartSites) and Ashley (Senior Project Manager, SmartSites) auditing my PPC campaigns along with my website. They provided a long list of recommendations on what needed to be changed broken out by priority levels.

Dylan was my PPC manager for Facebook and Google Ads. Ashley was my SEO manager.

They have increased return on investment from 2-1 to 4-1 within their second month. My organic rankings are steadily growing thanks to Ashley's hard work.

They are always available for immediate support, and their advice is always spot-on. I have faith in their experience and expertise in web marketing, and they are not afraid to both take my input and at the same time give their own.

I really feel like I chose the right agency to entrust my business to. Marketing agencies are a human resource-driven industry, more than any other field. The quality of the people behind the name means a lot. I am lucky to have people like Ashley and Dylan on my side. If you're like me and are running a business in the 21st century, you cannot survive without a good e-commerce store; and every good store needs great marketing.

No, I'm 100% satisfied with their performance.

Overall Score Extremely satisfied with their work and the results that they've delivered.
    Very attentive and responsive to my meeting requests.
    The PPC management fee and SEO monthly charges are definitely worth the investment.
    By the far the best marketing company I've worked with.
    I highly recommend you arm yourself with one of the very best agencies out there and go with SmartSites.

PPC Management for Lighting Retailer

"I've worked with many companies and Smart Sites has them beat by a mile!"

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

SmartSites revamped a Google Ads account to improve cost per conversion and increase absolute conversion numbers.

Lynbrook, New York
Lloyd Schoenberg
CEO, Search Lighting

Sales have consistently increased since SmartSites came onboard. To date, they’ve been responsive and quick with project updates. They excel at following through on details.

Searchlighting.com is a division of Aimrite Lighting, a lighting showroom established by my father, A. Arthur Schoenberg in 1960. Our first location was in Rockville Centre, Long Island, NY. In 1973, at the age of nineteen, I became responsible for running the showroom upon the premature death of my father. In 1978, I moved the showroom to Lynbrook, LI, NY. In the year 2000, we embarked on taking the Mom & Pop mentality of our showroom nationwide with the help of the Internet. Sincerely, Lloyd D. Schoenberg (CEO)

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

Pay Per Click Advertising.

Increase Conversion Value and Conversion Amount.

My team searched for the best PPC company and we came across SmartSites through an ad.

Working with Dylan has been a great experience. He completely restructured my Google account and drastically improved performance. By March of 2019, we'd already surpassed all online sales from 2018.

I worked directly with Dylan, and he worked with his development team to fix a few product feed issues, along with ensuring conversion tracking was properly installed.

The results have been great! Sales keep increasing and I'm a happy camper.

Dylan was very responsive and provided frequent updates on account changes and updates.

Their responsiveness and attention to detail. I've worked with many companies and Smart Sites has them beat by a mile!

Zero suggestions. They've completely turned my business around.

Overall Score Lesson Learned: Find a marketing company that truly cares about their client's success!
    Scheduling was easy. Dylan and I have spoken weekly since October.
    Their PPC management cost is worth every penny!
    There were zero errors and issues with restructuring my account.
    Highly recommended!

SEO & PPC for Air Duct & Vent Cleaning Service

"Our business is improving, and their positioning tactics are doing wonders."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

SmartSites provides ongoing support in improving a business’ web positioning. They made changes to an existing website, implement new, effective SEO techniques, and create product designs.

Wallington, New Jersey
David Jaros
Co-Owner, Air Duct Brothers

The improved website and overall design for the business have helped strengthen their online presence, leading to more engagement and compliments from customers. As a team, SmartSites continues to bring value to the collaboration, using their project management skills and SEO expertise.

I’m a co-owner of Air Duct Brothers, which is a dryer vent and air duct cleaning company. I run the business with my brother.

What challenge were you trying to address with SmartSites?

We hired them to help with our web positioning. We did an advertisement with magazine that is mailed to people around New Jersey, but we didn’t find it very satisfying. Because of this, we decided to hire someone to take care of SEO and web positioning for us. Being on any page other than the first would mean we weren’t going to get a lot of business, so we needed to work on that.

SmartSites liked our existing website, so they just changed several things in order to help us be recognized on Google. They also managed our PPC and Google Ads efforts, focusing on how it would affect the positioning of our website.

Also, we’d inherited our name from another business, and SmartSites suggested we should change it in order to be more air duct-cleaning oriented, and have that term included in the name of the business. Additionally, they helped design our trucks based on what they thought would be more effective.

We worked with four people from their team altogether. I was in contact with Michael (Co-CEO and COO, SmartSites) and Anita (Director of Project Management, SmartSites). She kept an eye on everything. Over the years, there’ve been other people from their team who provide input on our positioning strategy.

How did you come to work with SmartSites?

I wasn’t involved in finding them, so I can’t comment on that process. However, we had a meeting with them, and they explained what they were capable of in the short and long term. They asked us about our goals and where we saw ourselves in 1–2 years, then started elaborating on what kinds of services they provide, how they tacked them, what projects they’d worked on, and so on.

We spend around $80,000 per year with them.

We started working with SmartSites in January 2016.

We’ve been continuously receiving great feedback from clients. Our web positioning has improved so much that people find us when searching for local companies and call us. Even though we’re a small business, SmartSites has tackled our web positioning in such a way that, when someone looks for air duct cleaning in Clifton or Paramus, New Jersey, for example, we will automatically appear locally.

This visibility has definitely been a game-changer for us. As soon as SmartSites implemented their techniques, we noticed a huge spike in our calls and in the number of deals we closed.

How did SmartSites perform from a project management standpoint?

They take care of everything, from our web positioning to the website management. We don’t need to do anything to manage the workload. They have full control over the management of our website. We meet with them in person as frequently as we can—I’d say it happens every other month. On a weekly basis, we stay in touch with them via email, and we call their office if we need them immediately.

SmartSites is a great company, and we feel comfortable with them. We’ve never had a problem communicating with Mike. All of our requests are answered right away. As far as communication goes, they’re top-notch.

They’ve done a great deal of work for us. Our business is improving, and their positioning tactics are doing wonders. Michael is very hands-on. He’s there to answer any questions we may have. That attribute is something that we like because they always hear our feedback.

The only thing I think they could improve is their accounts payable. Every time we submit a payment, there seems to be a certain misunderstanding. Sometimes we’re charged too little, and other times it’s a bit more. We always correct these mistakes within a day or two, but it’s an annoying thing to have to stay on top of and make sure we’re squared away.

Clients should keep an eye on how much money they’re paying SmartSites. Because they have full access to our cards, they usually charge us whatever amount we’ve agreed upon, but there is sometimes miscommunication with those in charge of their finances.

Overall Score We’ve had a few issues, but we’re always making improvements on both ends, and they’re open to that.
    There aren’t really any deadlines. When the month is over, the goals are met, so we’re 100% satisfied.
    They’re not the cheapest company out there, but we’re fine with paying extra for extra service.
    They deliver on the promises we agreed upon when we first started. Whatever they’re doing, it’s working great for us.
    We have recommended them to at least three companies already.

Web Dev & SEO for Dental Practice

"SmartSites was able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

SmartSites designed a new website for a dental practice. They continue to develop and run PPC advertising and SEO services.

Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Dr. Leonid Rubinov DDS PHD
President, Real Smile Dental

The marketing efforts of SmartSites gained new patients and increased business for the practice. They handle all aspects of the process, communicating effectively through calls and email about any updates to the project.

Real Smile Dental is a general and cosmetic dentistry practice.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

We built a new website, SEO and Pay Per Click management.

Goal was to grow my dental practice.

Mike and SmartSites came highly recommended.

I knew there was something that needed to be done with my online presence but I was challenged with what my primary focus should be. SmartSites was able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

Michael spent time with me understanding who I wanted my target audience to be. This way, we were able to build a new website and created a strong online presence.

I worked directly with my project manager - Mike.

I attained many new patients thanks to the work that SmartSites has done.

We worked through emails and phone calls. It was very effectice.

Working with SmartSites was extremely beneficial for my practice and I would highly recommend them.

None

Web Development for Printing Company

"We gave them our vision, and they brought it to life."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

SmartSites designed a website and an e-commerce platform, then analyzed data to guide advertising purchases.

Englewood, New Jersey
Prince Canaan
VP, Hampshire Label

This project quickly improved revenue, leads, and web traffic. SmartSites earned trust by facilitating clear, direct communication with their client. The team explained each stage of the process, made helpful suggestions, and established an easy, efficient workflow.

We're printing organization, and I'm a VP.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

We partnered with SmartSites to bring our companies onto the web. SmartSites helped us with every aspect: website design, advertising, analytics, e-commerce, and more.

Our goals were to bring our companies online and to generate traffic and revenue. We had a poor online presence before we teamed up with SmartSites. SmartSites helped us create a professional web presence and generate more leads.

We chose them from a referral.

We gave SmartSites our domain names and scoped out a plan of action before they started our project. They designed our website and created an e-commerce platform for one of our companies. Then we began advertising and analytics. SmartSite continues to monitor all our websites and advertising dollars.

The project team had four people, each covering a specific role or area of the process. Three years later, we're still working with them.

We began our partnership with zero online presence or knowledge. Today, our online presence has increased our leads, sales revenue, and paid and organic traffic. We have high expectations, and they meet them.

Communication is key, and they nail it. We started with one point of contact, who laid out the project and brought the designated staff on board. The transition was smooth because they learned our process and product. They help us understand the process and choose the best approach. SmartSites uses an online tool that allowed us to communicate with every team member at the click of a button.

The most impressive thing is their communication. Since 90% of their work is remote, we're lucky to have a partner with the right tools. SmartSites has learned our product and suggested how we could make a difference. We gave them our vision, and they brought it to life. We're comfortable giving them free range with our online presence.

This company is impressive, and they're going in the right direction. I don't see an area of their team that shows weakness.

Overall Score We wish we could give them six stars.
    It's easy and flexible.
    It's in line with market value.
    It's excellent.
    We have already done so.

Web Dev & SEO for Proxy Solution Company

"SmartSites made it seem like we were their only client."

Mar. 2016 - May 2019

SmartSites developed a website for a proxy solution company. The team also implemented and tested SEO and PPC strategies.

Paramus, New Jersey
Director of Business Development, Proxy Solution Company

The new site markedly increased monthly customer acquisition numbers. SmartSites' quick and effective approach allowed them to meet deadlines. The thoroughness of their digital marketing efforts made them a valuable partner.

I’m the head of business development for a proxy solution company.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

We needed help building our website and running SEO and PPC campaigns.

We wanted a good ROI where advertising costs are less than client acquisition costs.

I don’t know. SmartSites was selected prior to me joining the company.

SmartSites started with a thorough plan for our new website. They did research on all of our top competitors including some that I was unaware of. Their website plan included hundreds of pages. They also created strategies for SEO and PPC, trying a number of things to ultimately help us find what was most profitable.

I worked directly with the project manager who then worked with many other people at SmartSites.

The new site was better than any of our competitors. We acquired over 50 customers per month thanks to their digital marketing efforts.

SmartSites was very effective. I had no complaints.

The speed and thoroughness of their work most impressive. SmartSites made it seem like we were their only client.

No, I can’t think of any areas of improvement.

PPC Marketing for Real Estate Company

"They're great communicators that really care for their clients."

SmartSites helped a real estate company generate leads by applying PPC to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google. They identified goals and opportunities as the project progressed.

Teaneck, New Jersey
Marketing Coordinator, Links Residential

Within months of implementing SmartSite's work, both site traffic and lead count have increased by about 50%, exceeding expectations. Their team stayed on top of communication, making sure they understood the business well and suggesting paths to improvement.

Marketing Coordinator for a Residential Real Estate firm in Northern New Jersey.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

Paid Advertising via Facebook, LinkedIn & Google as well as some small site optimizations

Increase lead count and grow our company to help our agents reach more local homebuyers and sellers.

Research of local firms throughout the tri-state area.

We started off with meetings to identify our goals and what we wanted SmartSites help with. They identified an opportunity to grow our leads through Paid search on Facebook, LinkedIn & Google. Within a few weeks we were rolling on these sites getting a good amount of leads per week. Small site optimizations made it easier for potential clients to scroll through our listings and contact us easier.

There were 3-4 people involved from the vendor. Helping us during the sales process and then 1-2 helping us when it came down to doing the site optimizations and advertising.

We saw Site Traffic increase as well as lead count by about 50% within the first 2 months. We wanted growth by about 20-25% with their help, so they exceeded our expectations.

Excellent, I mainly communicated with them through Skype & Email. We also had bi-weekly calls to understand the results of our campaigns and to identify potential opportunities to improve

They're great communicators that really care for their clients. We are a small company, but we still got a ton of attention. The results were better than what we ever expected

Nope. I hope to work with SmartSites for years to come

Overall Score They are awesome and I will continue to work with them on their advertising and site optimizations
    Costs were very comparable with local companies
    I already have and will continue to

WordPress Web Redesign, SEO & PPC for Manufacturer

“We've gained quite a bit of business from our improved online presence...”

July - Dec. 2018

SmartSites redesigned a WordPress website and built a second e-commerce site from scratch. They continue to provide SEO and digital marketing services, including paid advertising.

Green Brook, New Jersey
Manger, Fitz Fish Ponds

SmartSites significantly improved the company's online presence overall, delivering well-designed websites that perform well in organic search rankings. Communicative, timely, and proactive in their approach to project management, working with their team continues to be a pleasure.

I'm the manager at Fitz Fish Ponds, a pond construction and supplies company.

What challenge were you trying to address with SmartSites?

We wanted to upgrade our basic website and promote it through SEO and digital marketing.

SmartSites redesigned our WordPress website and provides ongoing SEO and some paid advertising services, including Google AdWords. They also built a second e-commerce website for us from scratch on WordPress as well.

We mainly work with Anita (Director of Project Management, SmartSites), as well as a few others.

How did you come to work with SmartSites?

We found SmartSites through an online search and, even though other companies reached out to us, we liked that SmartSites was local and could meet with us one-on-one to present their ideas. We felt they were very knowledgeable and had the right expertise for our needs.

We've invested close to $10,000 in total.

We started working together around July 2016 and launched the first website by that December, but the relationship is ongoing.

SmartSites helped us significantly boost our organic search rankings for our top keywords, increasing overall traffic to the site dramatically. We've gained quite a bit of business from our improved online presence, so it's been a great experience overall.

How did SmartSites perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very attentive and responsive to any questions we have. They stay in constant communication with us; any hold ups in timelines are usually a result of our own team not responding quickly enough.

They're very accessible and responsive despite the larger size of their company. Since they're local, we feel like we get a lot more personal attention than we would have had we gone with a different vendor.

I can't think of anything.

I'd just recommend working with them. They offer the whole package.

They've met every deadline they've set.
    They're a lot more affordable compared to others.
    They've delivered on everything we've asked for in a timely manner.
    We've been more than happy with their services.

E-commerce Website Design for Manufacturing Company

“Their work has made our site much more customer friendly.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

SmartSites works on the e-commerce website for a manufacturing company, improving its design, look, and function.

High Point, North Carolina
E-Commerce Manager, Manufacturer

The new site is excellent, providing an excellent experience for customers and a more attractive interface with which to engage. The team is responsive, quick, and dedicated throughout.

We’re a truck body/trailer manufacturing company. I oversee the e-commerce side of things.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

We hired them to help improve the look and function of our e-commerce site.

To draw more traffic and business to our site and increase sales as a result.

Through research and professional contacts.

We have a wide variety of parts that we sell through our e-commerce site. Due to that range, we face a lot of challenges in the appearance. SmartSites worked on the design to make it more suitable.

We communicate with multiple team members. Anita (Director of Project Management, SmartSites) has been our main contact.

Their work has made our site much more customer friendly.

They’ve been very quick to implement any changes we’ve needed, and they met all deadlines. Our project manager handled our project and the team very well.

Their communication is impressive.

There is always room for improvement, but all in all, they’re great to deal with.

Magento E-commerce Dev for Lighting & Electric Company

“They’re confident, professional, and able guide us through the project when necessary.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

SmartSites is building a Magento website for a new company to facilitate e-commerce. They’ve finished designing the UI/UX and are currently developing unique functionalities to benefit the platform further.

Somerset, New Jersey
Co-Owner, Lighting & Electric Company

SmartSites provides an interactive and collaborative experience. Their expert-level management staff consistently completes tasks ahead of schedule and suggests viable solutions whenever appropriate. They crafted an aesthetically pleasing frontend interface that’s intuitive and engaging.

I’m the co-owner of a lighting and electric company. We sell LED lighting to contractors and building managers.

What challenge were you trying to address with SmartSites?

While my partner and I have been in the industry for a long time, we wanted to utilize an online platform to sell products to a niche market. Therefore, we needed to hire a web development firm to create a Magento site for e-commerce.

SmartSites agreed to design and develop our Magento platform while delivering nonstandard features. For example, we wanted our products to be easily searchable within the site and appear in a column format. We also requested that they build a dynamic pricing feature. Additionally, we wanted the shopping cart to include a specific functionality that sends information to partners while they make purchases. We recently signed off on their proposed design, so the custom development process is scheduled to begin soon.

Ryan (Senior Account Manager, SmartSites) functioned as our sales contact during the initial discussions with them. Once the contracts were signed, they assigned Anita (Account Manager, SmartSites) to lead the project.

How did you come to work with SmartSites?

We searched for companies in the local area and considered three candidates. After a thorough evaluation, SmartSites demonstrated the qualities we looked for in a development partner. Most importantly, their team consists of experienced Magento developers. We had four or five meetings together and Ryan’s expertise solidified our decision to hire them.

We started working together in September 2018 and the project is ongoing.

We started the project after producing some PowerPoint mock-ups internally. Once SmartSites took over the design process, the iteration stage lasted longer than we expected. However, that’s because they were flexible and let us make changes to the UI/UX as we gained a better understanding of the platform. Overall, the experience has been excellent thus far. Their designs are exceptional.

How did SmartSites perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a weekly call with Anita and she always comes prepared. We communicate well with her, so tasks and assignments are quickly understood. That’s important considering she sends our requests to their design and development team overseas. While the turnaround time is incredible, we never interact with their designers.

Ryan and Anita are highly valuable resources. They’re confident, professional, and able guide us through the project when necessary. We appreciate SmartSites for their design capabilities and quick deliveries.

After working with them for 45 days, I have little to complain about. However, the project could benefit from having face-to-face interactions with their offshore team. Also, the design deliverables could be more creative; however, I recognize they’re somewhat limited by what the platform allows.

Be willing to interact with SmartSites on a regular basis. Whether it’s for status updates or additional information, we communicate with Anita frequently. That collaboration is key to a successful project. We’ve had to compromise on some features, but they’ve also suggested new functionalities that we’d never considered.

Bronze