Agile Software Development & Mobile Applications

SmartDev is a Swiss Agile offshore software development company founded in Danang, Vietnam.

Our core area of business is Web-based Applications, Mobile Applications on iOS & Android, Graphic Design & Branding, Mobile Wallet & E-Commerce Systems. We can also offer a fully outsourced development centre (ODC) in Vietnam managed by your own staff.

We have some of the ‘best value’ software developers in Asia ready to take your business to the next level. With prices starting at $95 USD per day for junior developers and Senior Developers at $182 USD we offer the best value in Asia. We also have European Innovation Consultants and Project Managers available at competitive rates.

Da Nang, Vietnam

Clients include Rolex, Smartlink SA, TechFirm and My PCS Mobile

Development for Wallet Application Solution

“The overall quality and communication with the experienced Agile development management and developers is great.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

SmartDev did an Agile development to create a mobile wallet application on Android and iOS, as well as front and backend development.

Geneva Area, Switzerland
Founder, Wallet Application Solution

The quality of the work SmartDev produced far surpassed other vendors, as well as their diligent project management style.

We are a mobile wallet application solution provider for banks and card issuers. I am the founder and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with SmartDev?

I needed disciplined Agile mobile developers who performed well and were cost effective. We had previous bad experiences in India, Ukraine, Romania, and Morocco.

SmartDev was involved with development on Android, iOS, backend, and design.

How did you come to work with SmartDev?

Out of all the offshore development experiences I have worked with in my life, Vietnam offers the best English skills, discipline, and overall performance. I started with another firm, then moved to SmartDev since they offered better prices and a better work environment for the developers; quality was proven over time to be there.

How much have you invested with SmartDev?

We had 22-24 permanent developers and 2 product owners. We spent approximately $50,000 per month including regular overtime.

The collaboration is ongoing. It started in January 2015.

As we work on white label products for banks, I am rarely allowed to share my client’s names, but the quality has been satisfactory for Swiss banks, and myself. Most of the success comes from also managing them properly, which has worked well for me because they are overall professional. My previous frustrations with other firms have not been an issue here.

What did you find most impressive about SmartDev?

The overall quality and communication with the experienced Agile development management and developers is great. In regards to their location, Da Nang, Vietnam, it is always a pleasure to be onsite for extended periods of time. Their office is clean, with European standards, and has proper internet and video conferencing abilities which are crucial for managing remote development teams.

Are there any areas SmartDev could improve?

The time zone difference is the only real drawback, but if one gets up early its fine. This can’t really be improved. What is important in remote management is to manage the developers properly with regular skype/video meetings and a proper service desk/Jira. The issues we have had have been contained to the occasional developer considering his worth and asking for a raise, which inevitably is transferred to me for the final decision to raise or replace that resource.