Startup Enabler, Transforming Businesses

NCrypted is a startup enabler and end-to-end software technology solutions provider, with 5 development and delivery locations in Helsinki (Finland), Colorado (USA), Ahmedabad and Rajkot (India). Our clients and affiliates are spread across 100+ countries. We create disruptive products and provide cutting-edge solutions that help startups and enterprises to kick-start their product without re-inventing the wheel.

We help our clients create products with go-to-market strategy, products that have clarity and address the client's target audience and end-users before anything else. With our pre-defined frameworks and over 40 ready-to-go platforms, we have easily saved around 70% of overall development costs for our customer companies.

We can come in at the idealization stage and help conceptualize, design, develop and execute the idea. We can help identify emerging markets, build world-class MVPs or full-fledged products and execute to ensure initial traction. Further assistance is provided for digital marketing, scaling up and funding, based upon qualification and market validation.

Startups can consider us as strategic partners, not only for the technology solutions but for the market know-how, GTM, expansion, scaling up and beyond. We want to make sure that our client companies and the entrepreneurs we partner with get the best out of our 12+ years of enterprising experience. Our goal is to partner with budding entrepreneurs worldwide to create the next big thing.

Our client companies easily succeed in securing funding to move on to the growth stage.

If you share similar passion, let's join hands!

Connect with our business advisors to schedule the initial discovery call. Business Inquiries - www.ncrypted.com/contact.

2006
Helsinki, Finland
  • B 704, Shapath Hexa, S G Highway, Sola
    ahmedabad, GJ 380060
  • 2nd floor, Shivalik 5, Gondal Road
    rajkot, GJ 360002

Web Dev & Design for Holding Company of Portfolio Websites

"When I started working on jobs on the site and creating new blog posts, I found software bugs."

0.5

Jan. 2017 - May 2018

NCrypted built a WordPress site that’s comparable to major job search platforms based on a premade template. An in-progress dating app has social media login features and interest-based matching algorithm.

Lihue, Hawaii
Steve Monas
CEO, Chronic Internet INC

NCrypted delivered the custom-coded WordPress site without basic features like metatags and social media sharing. The site secured partners, but no employers have posted a job yet. Due to missed deadlines and minimal web traffic, the team will refund the monthly SEO fees after ending the contract.

I’m the founder of a network of sites under a niche concept. Our Open Graph and compatibility engine compare all their data with other users' interests like books, movies, and restaurants. An “evening” feature includes options for how to spend a date night. I’ve worked on the concept of a social networking and dating mobile app and site for 14 years. I couldn’t launch it previously because it’s for recreational marijuana users, which wasn’t legalized in California until January of this year.

What challenge were you trying to address with NCrypted?

I needed to work with a team that had already created a certain product clone so that they wouldn’t have to start from scratch. I hired NCrypted to develop my main dating app concept as well as a job search WordPress site. Ultimately, I wanted to create a network of these type of sites.

NCrypted was in charge of designing and developing our sites. The team’s sales person said that they had a clone site of major job search platforms called JobGator. It even includes labels that look like those sites logos. Employers who need a platform to list job postings are my target customer base. Our scope included customizing the premade page’s features and UX/UI design. I did notice the statement of work was missing some standard components. Via email, the salesperson told me not to worry since the clone site was already built.

I built my other transportation business from scratch in Hawaii. The team used clones of major social and dating sites as a base for the build of my main project which uses APIs from affiliate programs for sales. I shared months of documentation that showed how a database would handle duplicates, examples I liked, and competitor sites. I didn’t bother to elaborate on the specs for the 25% or 30% of the site that’s cloned because it should be straightforward. I wanted users to be able to use Facebook and Pinterest for a single login feature so I researched APIs for new listings and was approved for affiliate programs.

Since they put “Facebook login” in the SOW, I assumed that they’d include it, but the business manager said that it “didn’t exist”. They were researching affiliate programs I’d applied for memberships with, this seems like evidence that they had read all my requirements.

I worked with a salesperson, the lead developer, two different project managers, and the CIO. I had to contact the CIO to remind her that she’d promised to be involved. They have about 200 employees on their sales team. I wanted to work with a different sales representative since mine didn’t convey my messages accurately.

How did you come to work with NCrypted?

I searched online for a vendor who creates clone sites of a leading job search platform. I wanted to work with a vendor who specializes in making clones of certain popular sites. I wanted to work with a ready-made product so I could focus on marketing tasks and driving up web traffic.

We spent $31,000, and I thought the fees were expensive. After they said 80% of the site was done, I continued to pay for their services despite being disappointed. We disagreed on costs based on our interpretations of what was included in the statement of work. They did reimburse me for three of the four months of SEO work, but they said they would fully refund me.

We worked together from January 2017–May 2018. I withdrew the contract at one point to redraw it because it was wrong. Based on their work output, they didn’t read all the details of what I wanted. They delivered the first site several months after our deadline and provided four months of SEO work. They said they worked for eight hours a day, six days a week, but I didn’t see any results or reports to prove this. During our last conversation, we decided to part ways when the finances are settled.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

NCrypted completed the WordPress job search platform. They’ve told me the dating platform is 30% complete and the transportation site is 80% done. I was also disappointed with the SEO work they did. For two months, I didn’t see any web traffic and no employers have posted a job listing on my site yet. My investment hasn’t yielded any of the results I expected.

I haven’t even seen the code they wrote yet, but it seems inferior based on their description. It lacks my requested UX/UI features that I’ve heard 25% of WordPress users have, like meta-tags and social media sharing. It features a video I don’t want to be hosted on my site. Some of the newsletters they wrote for the blog were poor quality. None of their redesigns produced a good flow, and the admin section isn’t user-friendly.

I found out this week that they’re advertising my concept in their own newsletter about how California is legalizing marijuana as a startup idea for future potential clients. I couldn’t launch the product that I’ve worked on for 14 years until this happened. They did this while we were working on my project together. When I confronted them, they ignored the point I made and told me I’m being unprofessional, erratic, and that I keep changing things. Since it’s a brand-new site, there’s no membership base yet. Due to the customization aspect, I’ve already found partners with other job sites to populate the database. I’ll receive a percentage of any users we send over.

How was project management handled?

Rushit (Project Manager, NCrypted) was available to talk but I had a harder time reaching our other contacts. Amit (General Manager, NCrypted) would send us new prices when we added to the scope, which was frustrating. I didn’t receive documentation or specific reports and felt my questions were systematically ignored. They told me my questions were unprofessional and unhelpful. I get ambiguous answers uniformly from all their departments.

Project management has always been behind schedule. We use Skype and email on a regular basis. They send me designs for me to review and often have started working on them before I give approval. When I started working on jobs on the site and creating new blog posts, I found software bugs. I couldn’t fix them myself, so I have to ask them for help each time.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

Attention is in the details, so never stray away. No matter what type of work you do, it all comes down to the statement of work. If a task isn’t included in a contract, it won’t be completed.

0.5