High Quality Web Development

Codista is a software agency, based in Vienna, Austria.

We are mainly working for agencies, corporate customers and startups.

We are a well-established team with many years of experience in software development, project management, and design.

We are specialized in developing web applications and websites.

Our Services:

Wien, Austria

Austrian Airlines, ambuzzador.com, Autoscout 24, story.one

Cleanvest - a Django development for a fintech startup Image

Cleanvest - a Django development for a fintech startup

cleanvest.org is the first digital platform that makes it possible to examine your own investments critically according to sustainability features.

We used the following technologies:

• Django
  • Gitlab for CI/CD (Continuous Development/Continuous Integration) purposes

See our

story.one - a Django powered online community Image

story.one - a Django powered online community

Story.one is a community for real stories. We are developing this unique online community for the entrepreneurs Martin Blank, Hannes Steiner and Matthias Strolz.

• Backend Development

Celery

Redis

Servus, Welt! A Django powered blog content management system Image

Servus, Welt! A Django powered blog content management system

Looking for inspiration for the next trip? The official Austrian Airlines Blog https://www.austrianblog.com/ offers help here. The next trendy destinations can be discovered there.

• Backend
Development
  • Operations

• We used the following technologies:

• Django
    • Wagtail

Online Community for Austrian Airlines Image

Online Community for Austrian Airlines

For the Austrian Airlines / Lufthansa Group, we have developed an online community that interactively connects passengers with each other during the flight.

• Backend Development

We used the following

technologies:

• Django, Wagtail

Ongoing Web Dev for Management Consulting Company

"Our collaboration works, and that’s what’s important to me."

2017 - Ongoing

Codista first handled a test project that involved creating a dashboard for in-house use. They later tackled an end-client project that consisted of the development of a web platform for billing insurance.

Vienna, Austria
    Stefan Schwaha
    Managing Director, Ambuzzador

Having Codista on board is vital for the company’s overall performance as they handle the technical aspect of projects whereas design and UX are done in-house. They are a thoughtful and driven team that strives to deeply understand project needs in order to ideate high-quality solutions.

I’m the head of innovation at Ambuzzador and we handle social media campaigns and communications for larger corporations in Austria. We also offer consulting and innovation projects for start-ups, as well as transformational projects in larger corporations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codista?

We needed help with web development and hired Codista for the task.

We started off with a smaller project where I needed a dashboard solution for internal use. It was the perfect place to start because I wanted to see if they could understand complex stuff and build a custom solution for us. It worked quite well, and about two months later, we had the challenge of building an online platform for a big insurance company from Germany.

We were doing the whole product from scratch and the team at Codista built the web platform for billing insurances online. In the domain of life insurance, having a complex online process with an identity check was new. Codista used Python and Django to build the website as well as .NET.

There were three or four people that worked on the project.

How did you come to work with Codista?

I found them by accident. Someone who was interested in hiring us told us that they had great developers on board who were doing some web scraping, and I thought it sounded interesting. I gave that company a call and talked about some technical stuff. I wanted to try them out first, which is why we did the internal pilot to see their capabilities.

We have spent over €500,000 (approximately $555,125 USD).

We began the engagement with them in 2017, and the work is still ongoing.

It’s hard to separate their work from our work when we do a web service. We come up with the conceptual design and UX, and they do the more technical stuff. Our collaboration works, and that’s what’s important to me.

How did Codista perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Jira to collaborate, and we work in sprints—not totally Agile but close. Most of the conceptual work happens in workshops and meetings.

I’m always glad when I have a project they like. When I really sell a project well, Codista’s team is on fire and they put a lot of thought into it in order to make it work. I feel this differentiates them from other development partners we’ve had. They really try to understand what the work is all about and try to find a solution for it.

Codista should be more forthcoming when things will be more complex and not tell us about them afterward when I see the hours they’ve spent. It can be a challenge for us because then we have to inform the customer and let them know that the task wasn't as easy as we expected. It is hard for me to get the money later on.

Clients should have personal meetings and do a lot of explaining. Don’t just give them the brief and tell them to do it. They are good if they understand everything about the project.

Overall Score I'm a fan of theirs.
      They could’ve spent more time communicating their schedule. It would be nice to better understand what the plan is and how they schedule things.
      Codista’s estimations are quite good.
      Codista has delivered the work with fewer bugs, which allows me to be able to send it to the client almost right away. Their focus is on high quality.
      I’m very likely to recommend them.