Because we love the way we do

Active Bridge is a full-stack development partner responsible for developing and maintaining websites, mobile applications and software systems. We provide dedicated programmers who have extensive experience in Ruby on Rails development across a variety of industries for in-house teams.

In the five years, our company’s gone from the startup to the successful provider of web/software development services to North America and Eastern Europe markets. Now we have more than 20 multifunctional projects and 30+ high qualified specialists in the staff.

Active Bridge's core technologies are Ruby on Rails, Angular.js, React.js, Ionic and Android/iOS. We implement them successfully creating client-side products and company's projects.

Cherkassy, Ukraine

eTutorCloud

eTutorCloud is an online tutoring company that matches students who need help with online tutors. Students can receive help either on-demand or by scheduling a lesson.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, Angular, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch

ZOZI Advance

ZOZI is a venture-backed San Francisco startup, emerging as the leading brand for adventure. Easily manage bookings, operations, and more. Simple, hassle-free setup.

Everseat

Everseat is the revolutionary app that is disrupting the current supply & demand equation for scheduling appointments. Service providers including physicians, dentists, vets, hair-stylists, massage therapists and more can seamlessly fill schedule gaps with interested and available users.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, Backbone.js, PostgreSQL, EngineYard

Total Adventure

Total Adventure is a web application providing users with a great adventure travel list.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch

Zig Loop

ZIGLOOP is the business management hub to connect, organize and manage your entire company in real time.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, iOS, Adroid

MySytes

MySytes is a web recommendation engine giving a new way to experience the web.

Freestack

Freestack A platform to connect brands with content creators and sports influencers in the adventure, outdoors and endurance sports sectors.

KnockKnock City

KnockKnock City is a web app that helps to securely store your luggage, backpack and shopping bags in NYC.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, PostgreSQL, PWA

BEATTHREAD

BEATTHREAD is a web application for music fans. The new home for music producers. Real feedback. More placements.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, PostgreSQL, REACT

Classly

Classly is a brand new chat app that helps you to learn together with your classmates and teachers.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, AngularJS, IONIC1

Myschool

Myschool is a web application, that targeted at students and making their lives easier, giving them access to more information than ever before and throwing in some fun with the ability to Battle and show their school spirit.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR

NUMA Lab

NUMA Lab is a web application supports entrepreneurship and innovation through an ability to create co-working places in a big variety of countries.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, Angular1, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL

Twadlock

Twadlock is a web app for people who want to learn foreign languages with native speakers, travel around the world without the language barrier.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, React Native

Quick Quack

Quick Quack is a web app for the biggest network of car washes, located in the USA.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, React Native

DaisyBill

DaisyBill is cloud-based software to submit and manage workers’ compensation medical bills. Originally DaisyBill project from California, where founders built a technology solution that makes work comp billing efficient and transparent.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, PostgreSQL, X12/EDIFACT, TFA, Selenium

PreeLine

PreeLine is a web application. It's t the place where you can spark conversation and find inspiration around future fashions.

TECHNOLOGY: RoR, PostgreSQL, X12/EDIFACT, TFA, seleniuRoR, PostgreSQL

Chrome Extension Development for Business Management App

“They helped to greatly increase the extension’s consistency as we released new features.”

Jan. - Sept. 2017

Active Bridge augmented an internal development team to provide improvements to a Chrome extension.

Birmingham, Alabama
Founder, Business Management App

Active Bridge wrote strong code, contributing significantly to the product’s consistency. They worked well with internal developers, communicated clearly, and found creative solutions to technical challenges.

I’m the founder of a web application that allows company owners to simplify their business management.

For what projects/services did your company hire Active Bridge?

We’d already developed a Chrome extension in-house that worked with our app but needed resources to support us with ongoing improvements.

We wanted to continually add new functionalities and improve our product.

Along with our lead developer, I interviewed their founder. They worked with us for a test period and demonstrated a great knowledge of the development process.

They came into an environment in which we’d already developed the Chrome extension. We required them to work with our lead developer, follow company best practices and guidelines, and contribute on an ongoing basis.

They provided a developer to work on the project.

I was responsible for the project management. Although they were based in Ukraine, we had no issues with the language barrier. We coordinated using Slack, GitHub, and Trello.

They assigned a contact who was easy to work with. He provided consistent work and excelled at overcoming challenges.

No, nothing comes to mind. Overall, I was happy with their work.

Overall Score Overall, I had a great experience.
    They were always on schedule.
    It was a great price for the work produced.
    They consistently produced high-quality code.
    I would likely refer my contact from Active Bridge.

Backend & Frontend Dev for Software Company

“We’re happy with their work and have no reason to doubt its quality.”

1.5

Active Bridge augmented the internal dev team and worked on whatever tasks were assigned them. They worked on a variety of projects, including websites and server APIs, in languages such as Python and PHP.

British Columbia, Canada
Project Manager, Software Company

Active Bridge got the work done and consistently met deadlines. However, their code was average, and they didn’t have efficient project management skills. After a change in team members, they required more oversight than before, and the work quality met expectations but didn’t impress.

I’m the project manager at a software organization. I’m in charge of the developers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Bridge?

We needed developers to handle some of our back- and frontend needs for our software.

Active Bridge worked on whatever features or resources we needed developed. We used a wide variety of technologies, including JavaScript, Chrome extensions, and HTML. We also have websites written in Python and PHP, as well as server APIs in the same languages.

We have one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Active Bridge?

My company began working with them before I was hired.

We spent less than $100,000.

We’re happy with their work and have no reason to doubt its quality.

How did Active Bridge perform from a project management standpoint?

I do the project management, and Active Bridge is probably subpar when it comes to being proactive. Now that the person we worked with has changed, they require more direction than before. We have to carve out specific tasks for him, and he requires more time with the tech lead than our other developers.

I’d like if they provided more developers, so we could better augment our team. We need more developers right now.

Overall Score They’ve done the work and satisfied our needs, but it hasn’t been impressive.
    They’re good about meeting deadlines.
    Their work is generally good but not exceptional.
    We haven't been thrilled with their recent work. They get the job done and are inexpensive, but we’re not eager for more work.

Ruby on Rails Development for Tech Startup

"I've been using them for years, and I'm not going to stop anytime soon."

2016 - Ongoing

Active Bridge provides supplemental development assistance to a technology startup. Developers are working primarily in Ruby on Rails, with additional work in Node.js and AngularJS.

St. Louis, Missouri
Michael Bishop
CTO, Mediprocity Inc.

Thanks to the skilled Active Bridge team, the company is seeing increased speed in the performance of their technology. The agency earns recognition for their dependability and proactive project management.

I'm the chief technology officer of Mediprocity Inc., which is a tech startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Bridge?

We’re a small organization so we needed help augmenting and adding extra talent to our team.

They primarily work on our systems built in Ruby on Rails. The scope expanded to them providing help with Node.js and AngularJS as well.

The main point of contact is Eugene [Korpan, chief technology officer, Active Bridge], and there have been at least two developers assigned to our projects.

How did you come to work with Active Bridge?

I’ve worked with them on previous projects. I believe a friend of a friend first put me in touch with them.

Work began back in 2016, and we’re still working together.

I can’t give a specific number in terms of increased conversion rates, but they for sure made our stuff work a lot faster.

Active Bridge is great, and super talented.

How did Active Bridge perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great and very self-organized. If they run out of things to do, they can figure out how to keep themselves busy.

They just really know what they're doing. They set expectations, and then they meet them and exceed them over and over and over. They even went beyond what we originally asked them to do. They adapted, learned, and picked up more projects.

I've been using them for years, and I'm not going to stop anytime soon.

No, I can't really think of anything.

Overall Score They're the best.
    I'd recommend them to anybody, but I’d like to keep them my little secret.

CRM Development for Startup Software Platform

"The overall quality of the work is high, and Igor is both disciplined and conscientious."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

Active Bridge used Ruby on Rails and Backbone Marionette to do the CRM development for a startup software platform, in particular to increase its speed and improve the UX.

Nathan Beckford
CEO, Foundersuite

By putting in the extra effort to be available whenever issues with the platform arose, Active Bridge’s Rails engineer won both respect and trust. Despite being located offshore, the language difference was never an obstacle. The collaboration resulted in hundreds of completed dev tasks.

I am the CEO of Foundersuite, a software platform for startups that need to raise capital or manage investors.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Bridge?

We were still in the process of building out our customer relationship management for fundraising, as well as our investor relations tools. In order to increase our speed and productivity, and therefore help improve our users’ experiences, we needed additional engineers to work on the end product.

We needed a shop that would be able to work on Backbone Marionette with the JavaScript Framework and Ruby on Rails, which was an uncommon ask, and fortunately, Active Bridge was able to provide that expertise. Our collaboration began with a weeklong trial project, which they offered to complete for us at no charge. When that was successful, we started with a short, two-month contract and extended it when they continued to deliver what we needed at the quality we had come to expect.

Foundersuite’s high-level strategy comes directly from me, as the CEO, which I form through extensive conversations with our user base. Once a plan or need is determined, it gets fed to our product manager, who turns it into user stories (in Agile). Then, the product manager collaborates with Active Bridge’s engineer on completing the specific development tasks necessary to make the feature or fix happen. During that process, I usually spend a decent amount of time talking directly with the engineer about the specifics of certain features or bugs.

Our developer is Igor Bilan [Rails Engineer, Active Bridge], and he is the only one from their team with whom we collaborate.

How did you come to work with Active Bridge?

I found them using Clutch’s database, initially by searching for the type of services I needed, filtered by location. Through Clutch’s site, I reached out via email to a number of companies and explained our requirements. Of the companies to whom we spoke, Active Bridge was the most responsive. They were also one of the few shops that could handle Backbone Marionette, which was one of our non-negotiable requirements.

So far, we have invested somewhere between US$25,000-30,000.

We engaged their services in August 2017 and the work is ongoing.

The only kind of measurable results that we could demonstrate would be the number of development cards that Igor has completed. During his time with us, he has completed hundreds of project development tasks, although I do not have an exact number.

How did Active Bridge perform from a project management standpoint?

Igor collaborates heavily with our product manager, and they interact on a frequent basis. Both of them learned English as a second language, so their effective communication is particularly impressive considering that neither is speaking in their native tongue. Igor is also excellent about providing us important bug fixes—and similar help—during times that are not regular office hours for him in Ukraine. I have reached out to him for urgent assistance on weekends and even Christmas day, and he has always gone the extra mile to resolve our issues.

After our earliest interactions with Active Bridge, we felt that they were responsive, their qualifications were good, the pricing was within our budget, and they were available during our timeframe. The overall quality of the work is high, and Igor is both disciplined and conscientious. His willingness to assist us outside of regular business hours is what has truly stuck with me, and is one of the many reasons why I have chosen to continue our work with them. They are also very affordable, especially when compared to domestic firms.

It would be beneficial to our process if we could have a quality control procedure built in through Active Bridge providing us with two engineers. However, I recognize that is a factor of our limited engagement with them rather than being a fault of theirs.

Overall Score We have engaged them beyond the length of our initial contract.
    They work efficiently.
    We have gotten a lot of value for the money we have spent.
    The quality has been as advertised and quite satisfactory.

Platform Development for Software Service Company

“It feels like an internal team, which we greatly appreciate.”

May 2016 - Ongoing

Active Bridge is helping to build an online marketplace and develop new features in support of marketing. They are also helping to establish best practices for coding. The work is ongoing.

Head of Product Development, Software Company

The team produces high-quality code which is incorporated into the existing code base effortlessly. This team of full-stack engineers brings strong expertise and agility to complete any task needed. Along with organized project management, their dedication to the project is commendable.

We are a Software-as-a-service company building an online marketplace. My role is head of product development. I oversee our development team which includes Active Bridge and another company, as well as the design; I connect designers and developers together and manage the production of code.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Bridge?

Our goal is to use the development of new features as part of our marketing. We looked for a team that could work quickly without sacrificing the quality of code.

We’re a Ruby on Rails based company, hosted on Heroku. We use a standard Agile methodology, and Active Bridge fits right into that. In terms of technical expertise, we rely on them to help us establish best practices around how we’re implementing and documenting the code.

They are certainly experts in Ruby with a team built entirely of full-stack engineers. This means that we don’t have to give the backend to someone and give the database and JavaScript work to someone else; anyone on Active Bridge’s team can perform any of the tasks we assign.

We have a project manager and a six-person full-time team on their side. Their manager is overseeing all our developers. He is our main point of contact, helping us assign tasks as we go, reviewing pull requests, and taking care of the whole process.

How did you come to work with Active Bridge?

We found them through a company we’ve used. Active Bridge is a subcontractor for that company and was recommended by them.

We started working with Active Bridge in the beginning of May 2017. We have an ongoing collaboration.

Because of how our projects are set up with developers who connect us to Active Bridge in a subcontracting model, any metrics will reflect more than just their team; they would be a project overview. I can’t point out specific numbers for Active Bridge alone.

How did Active Bridge perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve been happy with their project manager’s work in particular. I have the sense that Active Bridge allows its staff to take on the management job on their end, while our PM handles team management in particular, including the technical management of the developers. He’s been thorough and organized, with a full scope of the project in his mind. He’s been able to do this well while also developing code himself. I can’t speak about Active Bridge as a whole, but our particular project manager has been fantastic.

Our team has been fully dedicated to this project even though they are outside contractors. It feels like an internal team, which we greatly appreciate.

The only issues we’ve had have been in terms of communication. We speak English, which is a second language to them. This can sometimes get in the way. If there’s anything they can do to cross-check and make sure that no miscommunication happened before the work is done, it would be good.

Overall Score They’re almost perfect.
    There have been some estimated timeframes that they’ve gone over. It’s to be expected for any project.
    We have a significant discount on what we would pay locally.
    It’s been high-quality code seamlessly integrated into our existing code base. There is very little room for improvement.
    Active Bridge is a quality organization, but our experience has been limited to only a few of their members.

Platform Development for Influencer Marketing Firm

"Active Bridge is a good provider with solid competencies."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Active Bridge developed, and continues to support, the frontend and backend of a two-sided marketplace for a marketing platform. The backend used Ruby on Rails, with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript on the frontend.

Giorgio Giuliani
Product Manager, Freestak

As long-term partners, Active Bridge has supported the platform’s development to the point that it has a significant reach. They are responsive partners who provide good value and meet deadlines. Their backend development work is particularly excellent.

I’m the product manager at a marketing platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Bridge?

We were trying to build a two-sided marketplace, both on the frontend and backend.

We’ve worked them for a few years now on development within one product. They provided us with a technical team who were our developers. They worked with us on the frontend and backend level and provided us with advice. For the backend, they work with Ruby on Rails, and for the frontend development, they've used HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

We work with them every day. We had two frontend and backend developers, and a technical lead, who later became the CEO of the company. I was satisfied with everyone.

We found them online.

We've spent in the range of £50,000 to £60,000 [$65,800 to $78,900].

We started working with them in October 2016, and the project is ongoing. We will keep working with them for a long time.

We aggregate influencers, which are people who have lots of followers on Instagram and Twitter. At the moment, we have a total potential reach of 10 million people. We’ve worked on more than 50 campaigns and worked with more than 30 brands.

How did Active Bridge perform from a project management standpoint?

I am in charge of project management as we didn't work at the project level with them. They are our providers for the technical components, so they are not completely responsible for the project management.

They are always ready, and they’re prompt in responding to questions. I think they are a good solutions tool. If you’re interested in existing technologies that are reliable and stable, they are pretty good.

I think they could do better at frontend development and in their understanding of relevant usability patterns of the user.

Overall Score Active Bridge is a good provider with solid competencies.
    We’ve never missed any relevant deadlines and we work in a fast-paced environment.
    They are not expensive and they provide really good value.
    The average of their code is pretty good.
    My recommendation depends on what needs building.

Web App Development for Luggage Storage Startup

"They’re really committed and hardworking."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Active Bridge created a brand-new web app with mobile optimization, transforming early stage designs into full-scale development using Ruby on Rails. Post-launch, they now provide SEO and feature additions.

Brooklyn, New York
Selin Sonmez
Co-Founder, Knock Knock City

Within the past month, 20 host locations signed up on the startup platform, and 95 users registered for luggage services. Active Bridge’s streamlined communication, precise engineering, and adherence to all deadlines continue to strengthen the partnership.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of a digital startup that’s like Airbnb but for luggage storage. We allow travelers to leave their bags and luggage at our host locations so they can enjoy their day, without having to carry their luggage.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Bridge?

Between myself and the other two co-founders, none of us is technical. Since we’re a solutions company, we needed a solid tech platform to let people book appointments, find spots to leave their stuff, and communicate. We asked Active Bridge to develop our web app.

We worked prior to launch with Active Bridge. We had the designs, but they were just for sketch files. They made our vision real and created a brand-new platform for the web app.

Since most people use their mobile phones, we designed the app for mobile viewing but made it accessible through a browser. We handled the UX, while they did the backend and frontend. They coded the product using Ruby on Rails. They’re working currently on our SEO.

Active Bridge provided a team of three people. Alex, their CEO, has been the major front of communication. Another Alex [RoR Developer, Active Bridge] developed the app, while CEO Alex ensured everything was working correctly and made adjustments. Darya [SEO & SMM Manager, Active Bridge] is working on our SEO.

How did you come to work with Active Bridge?

We had a job listing on AngelList describing the work. Alex reached out to us to express interest, and we had a Skype call. We checked their work and noticed their website is really well done. Active Bridge was the best among the candidates that we found.

We were hesitant about working with someone from Ukraine, but they had clients in the US. I asked Alex if he could send some referrals, whom I called. (One was here in Brooklyn, and the other was in the UK.) Both companies were very happy with Active Bridge’s work, so we decided to move forward with them.

How much have you invested with Active Bridge?

We had a unique setup. Since we were looking for a co-founder and are an early stage startup, we gave them equity. To do the same work in the US would cost at least $100,000.

We started working with them in February 2017 and launched the product in May. We’re still keeping them on board for SEO. We always have development improvements to do, so we’re constantly updating the website and adding new features.

It’s hard to measure statistics or metrics since we only launched a month ago. However, we had 20 host locations sign up on the platform to accept people dropping their bags and luggage. Also, 95 users have signed up to use our services.

How did Active Bridge perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. Alex was the communication head, and everyone stayed informed. It was really easy to communicate using Slack. We tracked their activity on Rollbar for simplicity. We also used Trello to manage tasks.

What did you find most impressive about Active Bridge?

They’ve excelled in several areas. First, the night before we launched, a feature wasn’t working. Although we have a time difference, Alex stayed up all night and fixed that feature so we could launch the next day. That showed me that they’re really committed and hardworking.

Before partnering with Active Bridge, we worked with two other developers. The first developer didn’t work out. The second developer seemed unwilling to act as a co-founder. Alex and his team communicated well and knew what they were doing. They could also explain the work clearly, which really made them stand out.

Are there any areas Active Bridge could improve?

Honestly, they were great. We had no issues. The only tension we had was before the launch, but Alex stayed up all night to fix it.

They worked very hard and met every deadline.
    Our contract was a bit different in that we paid with equity, which I believe was fair.
    They met our design specifications exactly and even made improvements.

Ruby on Rails Development for Software Developer

“The thing that separates Active Bridge from other companies is an interest in test-driving code.”

Apr. 2014 - Ongoing

Subcontracted engineers from Active Bridge provide Ruby on Rails development and testing services for custom software. The engagement started over three years ago.

New York City, New York
Joseph Leo
Founder, Def Method Incorporated

Active Bridge consistently meets expectations in terms of quality, timeline, and budget. Despite being an offshore company, engineers communicate well in English and are willing to rectify problems promptly.

I am the founder and president of Def Method, a software consulting company that provides custom solutions for complex concepts. We work on projects that require more than what can be done with WordPress or Wix.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Bridge?

Generally speaking, the challenge is trying to lower our price point in New York City. We do so by offering quality offshore services and matching them with our own Agile development team in NYC.

I would describe our relationship with Active Bridge as more of a partnership model. Active Bridge is primarily, if not entirely, a Ruby on Rails development company. That is part of what we offer. We will often collaborate with Active Bridge whenever we have a need for software engineering services of this type, especially those with specific frontends like AngularJS or ReactJS. They work in much the same manner as we do with stand-ups, iteration planning, test-driving code, and so on.

Active Bridge shares the same values as our own engineers. We have been working with Active Bridge for over three years, and have used well over a dozen of their engineers. Typically, we would use 1–4 coders on any given project.

How did you come to work with Active Bridge?

We found Active Bridge by chance. Eugene, their CEO, worked with me on a project. Back then, we were both software engineers and worked closely together. He and I hit it off right away. As our engagement came to an end, he told me that he was starting a development company, and I told him I was, too. We agreed to try out a partnership. A month went by, and an opportunity came about. We tried out some of Active Bridge’s engineers, and they proved to be really talented.

How much have you invested with Active Bridge?

The cost of Active Bridge’s work has been $50,000–$200,000.

We started working with Active Bridge around April 2014. We have an engagement with them right now. We are working with four of Active Bridge’s engineers on a startup project.

As a company providing outsourced services in New York, I get pitches half a dozen times a week from different companies that want to work with us. We continue to use Active Bridge because our customers enjoy working with them. Our projects are almost exclusively done on a two-week basis. We don’t sign long-term contracts that lock customers in. Anytime we use Active Bridge, a customer will be able to express their like or dislike of us by simply saying that they want to end the engagement. That said, we’ve had engagements that have lasted for two years or longer that involve Active Bridge. This is a testament to how well they work.

How did Active Bridge perform from a project management standpoint?

They typically do not manage our projects since we offer our own resources. Their CTO is a former engineer and happens to be an excellent manager. We speak daily when working on projects together. When the quality of work isn’t to our liking, Active Bridge will immediately make changes in either the engineering or the business side in order to rectify it. Thankfully, those instances are few and far between.

What did you find most impressive about Active Bridge?

Active Bridge is a flexible team that communicates well. The entire engineering staff understands English. They align hours in order to counteract the seven-hour time difference and meet the US Eastern time zone.  But, the thing that separates Active Bridge from other companies is an interest in test-driving code. That is not something that we often see.

Overall Score It goes back to the fact that we’ve been with Active Bridge for 3 ½ years. We think that their services are excellent.
    Their estimates are very accurate. They communicate deadlines well and stick to them.
    They are priced very competitively.
    Active Bridge delivers high-quality code quickly and efficiently.
    I would happily recommend Active Bridge to anyone who needed their services.