Top 3 Branding Agency on Clutch (’18, ’19, ’20)

GOLD VERIFIED

At WANT Branding we create brands for every kind of business –- from the world’s biggest brands to small and medium-sized companies.

We also brand start-ups, non-profits and trade groups as well as partner with VCs, Private Equity firms on their portfolio businesses.

Based in three of America’s most exciting cities – New York, Miami and Denver – WANT is an entrepreneurial agency made up of small, senior-level teams who are hands-on from start to finish.

1999
New York City, NY
  • 110 East 25th Street, 1st Floor
    New York City, NY 10001
  • 2980 McFarlane Road, 2nd Floor
    Miami, FL 33133
  • 2619 Stout Street
    Denver, CO 80205

We’ve helped to create some of the world's biggest brands as well as create brands for early-stage start-ups and entrepreneurs. WANT Branding is one of the world’s leading branding agencies. It’s where great brands begin.

How to create a great brand name | Jonathan Bell

Ever wondered why companies like Apple, Uber and AirBnB are so easily identified in a sea of advertising? Our Managing Director, Jonathan Bell gives step-by-step advice on how to create a lasting brand name.

Metallic Image

Anheuser Busch's Veza Sur Image

Anheuser Busch's Veza Sur

Brant Strategy

Brand Identity & Logo Design for Trade Association

"We appreciated their ability to work with us and make us see the bigger picture."

Aug. - Dec. 2019

After going through a discovery phase, WANT Branding talked to the business' stakeholders. They then delivered a brand story and brand guidelines to direct the logo design and identity creation processes.

Washington, DC
Research Lead, Trade Association

WANT Branding's work received positive feedback from internal and external stakeholders. They were a quick-thinking team that managed the project excellently and was willing to help in any way possible. Additionally, their strategic vision and ability to see beyond the task at hand were valuable.

We’re a trade association that represents the natural gas and oil industry. I’m a research lead for the organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

We went into it merely thinking we needed a new logo. Our old one had been in use for 15 years or so. In the course of putting out RFPs to different firms, we realized that the scope was broader than logo design and that we needed to develop a new brand story and visual identity. That’s what they ended up working on.

WANT Branding first went through a discovery phase, where they talked to us about what we were looking for. They then turned to external stakeholders, including member companies and external audiences we interface with to get a sense of what our organization is from their perspective.

They also made an overview of our organization and an extensive brand search across member and non-member companies, so that we wouldn’t end up with a logo or brand identity that conflicted. They even did a broader search within the energy and environmental space to see what sorts of brands were out there.

Having made that assessment, WANT Branding came back with a comprehensive and on-the-money brand story covering what our staff and external people thought our company was and where it was headed.

That was then helpful in creating the identity and logo. To wrap things up, the team built brand guidelines that allowed us to maintain that identity in years to come.

Jonathan (Founder) was the lead and our main point of contact. Robert (Director) was helpful in developing the brand stories. Some of their teammates did the research at the very beginning of the process, and we worked with 3–4 of their designers on the logo and collateral around it.

How did you come to work with WANT Branding?

I was charged with doing an assessment of who out there might be able to help us. I don’t remember if I first came upon WANT Branding via a Clutch review, but I came across the site early in the process.

I saw them mentioned elsewhere as well. I was doing a literature search of potential candidates, and we sent an RFP to around 10 firms.

We received four responses that were interesting and worth considering, and WANT Branding was definitely superior to the others we considered — everything from having a competitive cost to their holistic scope of work. We felt that the team they had would serve us right.

We started working with them in August 2019. The core project ended in December of that year, but they could’ve done it quicker if we’d moved quicker. They gave us some additional assistance with rolling out the brand guidelines in January 2020.

Our measure of success was anecdotal feedback from our own staff, member companies, and external stakeholders. People across the board were pleased with the logo and branding we rolled out. We didn’t do a huge, elaborate rollout, because we’re not a consumer products entity.

We particularly didn’t feel like doing one after COVID and all the events in March 2020. In using our new logo and bringing member companies on board with it, we got very good reviews all the way up to the board level. People were very pleased with what we came up with.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

WANT Branding was nimble and recognized that they would have to talk to our member companies, different committees, etc. They were very helpful in supplying us the information to carry forward to the different audiences. They were willing to assist when we needed tweaks or other possibilities.

I give them top marks for project management. They kept us on track as best as they could, and any delays and missed meetings were on our end. I appreciated their perseverance and willingness to do what we needed to do even over weekends, to be prepared for Monday-morning meetings.

It’s their strategic vision. We went into it thinking we just needed a logo, although we realized there was more to it than just art design even before bringing WANT Branding in. We appreciated their ability to work with us and make us see the bigger picture and bring it to life.

We were quite pleased across the board.

I would suggest talking to Jonathan and, if at all possible with the limited travel these days, having him come in and discuss the project. He brings a lot to the table.

Naming Services for Tech Services Firm's Learning Program

“They’ve obviously worked with very large, reputable organizations and created quite well-known brands.”

May - Aug. 2020

WANT Branding provided naming services to a technology service company seeking to rebrand a learning program. After taking the time to learn about the program, they led three iterations of names.

Austin, Texas
Diversity & Inclusion Marketing Lead, Tech Services Firm

WANT Branding’s professional team facilitated a smooth process, ultimately pleasing the client. They adhered to deadlines, communicated well, and proved receptive to feedback. Customers can expect a knowledgeable and experienced partner that will guide them through the work.

My organization is a Fortune 50 technology service company. I’m the diversity and inclusion global marketing lead.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

We’d hired WANT Branding to help us rebrand a foundational learning program around unconscious bias and privilege.

I had an introductory call with Jonathan (Founder) and about five of his team members, during which they explained their process in great detail. Then, we had calls between some of our program’s stakeholder owners and the WANT team, so that they could understand what the program was going to consist of and why it needed a new name.

We went through three rounds of possible names to use for the launch of the program. They proposed different names, suggestions, and approaches to our working group. The final deliverable was a name.

We mostly worked with Jonathan and two other individuals.

How did you come to work with WANT Branding?

As an organization, we’ve used them in the past. One of my peers recently used them for another naming project, so they came highly recommended internally. We didn’t consider other organizations when scoping this project.

It was under $30,000.

The project went from May–August 2020.

Our chief diversity officer and his team were highly involved in the project, as this falls within the D&I department. They were very pleased with their process as well as the team’s professionalism. We were more focused on that in terms of results, rather than metrics.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They adhered to deadlines, even to the point that they were waiting on us at some points in the process. We had some internal changes, and WANT was very patient with us as we moved through those. They were very communicative. They built in prior reviews with me to ensure the process would go smoothly in front of the bigger team. All in all, it went really well.

Their knowledge was impressive, as was their portfolio. They’ve obviously worked with very large, reputable organizations and created quite well-known brands. I’d say that’s their strongest selling point.

They were very good about communication, as well as follow-up and follow-through. They were very professional during our team meetings with the full group. They were open and willing to listen to feedback or concerns that arose during those sessions. They really took that feedback to heart and came back with a solution during the next round.

No. I’d say the process went well overall. There’s nothing I’d improve upon.

Being new to the naming process myself, I’d suggest being prepared and asking questions about the process so that you’re clear on how they work right away. It took me a second to catch up, which I attribute to my lack of experience in this field. I didn’t realize how important names are or how they’re actually created. Be prepared to ask lots of questions, and the WANT team will be more than happy to walk you through them.

Expansive Rebrand for Traffic Safety Retail Products Company

"WANT Branding blew us away."

June - Aug. 2020

WANT Branding drew up a proposal and helped the business come up with a new brand. Their work involved creating a new name, logo, brand identity, and a go-to-market strategy. They also delivered a style guide.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Will Snook
Founder, Traffic Safety Store

WANT Branding produced exceptional work, delivering a stand-out brand that was met with an extremely positive internal response. They managed the project very efficiently and used the time wisely. In addition to being professional, the team also listened very well, making for a pleasant engagement.

I’m the founder of Traffic Safety Store.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

We manufacture through contract manufacturing about 40% of what we sell, and we put the name Traffic Safety Store on it, which is a really old and not compelling name. It's very dated. We wanted something new.

WANT Branding came in with a proposal to help us create what we're referring to as a “house brand.” They created a new brand name and identity, as well as a strategy of how to go to market. This involved a logo and style guide.

We worked with Jonathan (Founder), Bruno (Senior Director), John (Brand Analyst), and Celeste (Brand Consultant). Some of their designers would also join in on our calls.

How did you come to work with WANT Branding?

I met Jonathan at a conference in early 2020 and we struck up a conversation. I was telling him about our business, and he later reached out to me telling me that the idea was interesting but the approach was dated, which is when he came up with the proposal.

We spent around $100,000.

We signed the contract in late June 2020 and had the first kickoff meeting in early July 2020. They delivered the final version of the name, logo, and style guide in mid-August 2020.

We were really impressed. We absolutely love it. The brand feels iconic. When we rolled it out to the company as a whole, a lot of people didn't really understand what we were trying to do.

But the level of excitement that we saw from all of the employees at every turn was great. The team is super engaged. The KPI from us as the client is that WANT Branding blew us away. It was really fantastic.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was fantastic. We’re a different client for them because they typically work with larger Fortune 500 companies, so I didn’t think they’d be interested in us. They were very efficient. Most of our Zoom calls were 30 minutes or less, which was great.

The team didn’t take up our time unnecessarily to prove that we were getting the value. It was clear that they were spending a lot of time in the background; they just didn’t keep us on the phone to go through all of the minute details, which was great. WANT Branding let their work speak for itself, which impressed me.

They listened very well. For example, the first time I met Jonathan, I told him I was getting ready to go skiing in Utah after the conference. So, in one deck, WANT Branding showed up with a pair of skis with our logo on them.

I was really impressed by that. The team is hands-on, and they want to deliver what their clients are asking for. Additionally, they were very professional and fun.

No, I have no suggestions. They hit it so far out of the park that I wouldn’t have them change anything. If I have another need, I would hire them in a heartbeat.

Go into the engagement with an open mind. When I talked to Jonathan, I didn’t know what we were lacking. Just go into the engagement and answer their questions.

Answer their questions and trust the process. They interviewed us a lot and we didn’t know initially how it was related to the branding, but the team is very professional and they know that they’re doing.

Overall Score It was a fun project, and they were pleasant to work with.

Rebranding for Traffic Safety Products E-Commerce Firm

"There wasn’t the ‘bait and switch’ you often see where the project is handed to a junior level team after kickoff."

May - July 2020

WANT Branding was hired to do the brand strategy, brand naming, and brand identity of an e-commerce company. The team conducted interviews and in-depth research to understand the essence of the client's brand.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Brian Westrick
Chief Operating Officer, Traffic Safety Store

WANT Branding's work has not been officially launched yet. However, internal stakeholders were already extremely pleased with the team's output. The company looks forward to using the new branding to gain a competitive advantage against its rival companies.

I’m Brian Westrick, Chief Operating Officer at WL Snook & Associates, we operate a number of websites including Traffic Safety Store. We’re an e-commerce company that sells a range of traffic safety products like traffic cones, parking blocks and hi-visbility work wear

For what projects/services did your company hire WANT Branding?

After almost 20 years in business, and despite our business success, we weren’t happy with our branding. Our main e-commerce site Traffic Safety Store is a long, descriptive and fairly generic name and very close to competitors who for years have been riding on our coattails. We needed WANT Branding to help us rethink our Brand Strategy.

We hired them for Brand Strategy, Brand Naming and Brand Identity.

How did you select WANT Branding?

We weren’t really looking for a branding agency but our CEO, Will met Jonathan at a CEO event and their conversation was the catalyst for working together. In fact, to win the business, WANT Branding on their own dime, did some brand diagnostic and analysis work to highlight where our brand was falling short and to clearly demonstrate that we needed to rebrand and why we should work with them.

After we selected WANT their team set up a series of interviews with a number of our team members that ranged from our CEO to some of our newer front line employees. Additionally, they did a great job doing some deep-dive research on our firm from an online perspective.

The interviews and research were used to create a very good summary of what our company stood for and this was used as a backdrop to start the process of offering a very thoughtful and excellent selection of naming/branding choices. During a series of refinement conference calls, we worked closely with WANT to filter down the choices to a final selection that we are extremely happy with. They did an amazing job and the process organized and productive at every step.

We worked closely with Jonathan (CEO), Bruno (Senior Director), John (Analyst), and Celeste (Naming) throughout the process. There were others on the team and a group of designers also.

The brand that WANT created is still brand new and hasn’t been formally, externally unveiled yet but we’ve been really excited and energized by how well the new brand has been received by employees. Creating this brand with WANT really puts us a step ahead our competition.

WANT did an amazing job. Truth is, we’re not a big global brand like Coca-Cola or Apple and as a small company were a little concerned that we wouldn’t get a lot of attention from WANT Branding. Jonathan, their CEO, was involved in every step of the way and kept us moving along.

There wasn’t the ‘bait and switch’ you often see where the project is handed to a junior level team after kickoff. WANT Branding has a senior-level team that managed the process from start to finish.

They’re very structured in how they approach all aspects of branding whether its strategy, naming, or design. But within that structure, they were able to deliver highly creative results.

They also have a breadth of experience which was clear as we moved into brand architecture strategy and naming – they were able to foresee any potential pitfalls and get us the right answers quickly.

None - the work was great!

Overall Score Just an Amazing Branding Agency
    Very organized and easy to schedule and work with
    Very fair pricing and delivered on all fronts
    Extremely Satisfied with all aspects of the project and final results
    Certainly will be recommending to others

Naming Services for International Cruise Line

"They understand the science and art behind naming conventions because they’ve done it for so many years."

Oct. - Dec. 2018

WANT Branding went through three rounds of presentations and input to provide the business with a name for a new ship it was launching. The team created cards with the top names to present to senior leadership.

Miami, Florida
Rebecca Barba
Former Senior Manager, Royal Caribbean International

Thanks to their ability to implement feedback and their longtime experience in the naming industry, WANT Branding was able to deliver great work. The professional partner created a seamless working environment, and they were very responsive throughout the project, making for a pleasant engagement.

I’m the former senior manager of product strategy and concept development at Royal Caribbean International.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

We had worked with WANT Branding in the past on several naming projects for new ships and some areas on the ships. We hired them for a project for a ship that was launching in China.

It was important that the Chinese guests would understand and be able to pronounce the name, and that the name wasn’t offensive in Asia. We also wanted to make sure that the name was powerful enough and well-received within our organization.

We agreed on the budget, and we asked to collaborate on three rounds of creative input. Within that process, WANT Branding provided presentations that included a lot of information regarding the names that were being proposed.

For example, whether the name had a significant meaning or, if it was a name that was built for us, the reasoning behind that. The presentation was shared with senior leadership, and before we went to share the top-selected names, the team helped us create playing cards that had the name.

This allowed us to use them during a conversation rather than just doing a PowerPoint presentation, especially since senior leadership doesn’t have much time to look at a long presentation.

We worked primarily with Jonathan (Founder & CEO) and Bruno (Senior Director).

How did you come to work with WANT Branding?

They had been working with our organization for many years.

We spent around $300,000–$500,000 across all of the projects they worked on.

They’d been working with the organization for 10 years. Right now, there’s no ongoing work, but that could change in the future. This particular project was three months long, and the work wrapped up at the end of 2018.

We were very happy with WANT Branding’s work and professionalism. They were able to take feedback and not take it personally, knowing that it was our brand, and that’s how we wanted to operate.

The team was objective and good at making sure that the final product was the best that they could provide, which is why it was such a good relationship. They understand the science and art behind naming conventions because they’ve done it for so many years.

The process they had to get us to the final approval point was quite smooth. For this particular project, we had them in our meetings with our senior leadership, which allowed them to be the expert voice in the room to appease the subjectivity that occurs when people hear a certain name.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They were incredibly responsive whether it was a phone call or an email. Whenever we needed something, such as new playing cards with the proposed names, they produced them right away.

Their expertise in naming and client roster set them apart. They bring a lot of experience to the table; it’s not just a gut feeling.

No, not that I can think of. They were great to work with.

Be very transparent, even if it seems awkward. Make sure you bring to the table what you want to stay away from based on the industry and the location of the company. This way, when they provide the first round of recommendations, you don’t have to start over.

You have to have good collaboration from the beginning. We provided them with a good brief about why the ship was going to be important for our company. Because of this, we didn't waste time going down a road we didn’t want to go down.

Overall Score It was amazing, and the senior leaders were very impressed with the work.
    They were always on time.

Rebranding for Hotel Chain

"They are super creative and very process-driven."

Jan. - Dec. 2009

WANT Branding rebranded a hotel chain. The team also helped with naming, working directly with other consultants and a brand research team.

Rochester, Minnesota
Sherri W. Gilligan
Senior VP of Marketing, MGM Resorts International

The engagement resulted in a memorable name and brand that help set the client apart. WANT Branding integrates successfully with the other teams on the project to ensure a smooth workflow. The team is easy to work with, creative, and detail-oriented.

I was the former SVP of Marketing and Advertising at MGM Resorts.

For what projects/services did your company hire WANT Branding?

n 2009 we were seeking to rebrand MGM both to external customers and internal employees and stakeholders. MGM had just emerged from the 2008 recession and was seeking to create a brand strategy that could both reposition the business as well determine how top optimize the role of the corporate brand across MGM’s portfolio of properties.

We needed outside partners hat could help us determine how to leverage the corporate brand at the property level. Should we simply endorse each property with ‘An MGM Property’? or create some kind of visual/logo linkage or something else? Various strategies were considered and the recommendation was to allow properties to retain their existing brands and instead leverage a new rewards program that would connect all MGM properties, F&B and entertainment assets.

WANT branding created various ideas over several rounds of development. The final name ‘MLife’ was selected not only for it’s subtle link back to MGM, but also because of the new brand positioning ‘Life’s Moments’. There was a desire to think about a subtle name change from our name at the time – MGM-Mirage – to something broader and less specific.

There was a desire to think about a subtle name change from our name at the time – MGM-Mirage – to something broader and less specific. The problem with MGM-Mirage was that many customers and investors thought the business only had two properties – MGM Grand and The Mirage but these were just two of many properties MGM owned on the strip.

They had a strong track record of naming and branding with senior executives at MGM and had named various elements and innovations including Wet Republic and Aria.

Jonathan and his team was part of a cross agency rebrand, which included MGM’s ad agency, other consultants and a brand research team as well. Jonathan was an integral part of the team working with marketing leadership and ultimately in final meetings with MGM’s CEO.

We worked primarily with Jonathan Bell (CEO) and Bruno Benedini (Senior Director).

Jonathan did a great job integrating himself into the cross-agency team on the rebranding and was always quick to engage in meetings and share his experience in naming and branding

We had a great flow between the teams.

They quickly immersed themselves in the business and asked great questions to get smart enough so they could deliver the branding and naming solutions we’d tasked them to do. They are super creative and very process-driven.

They have a strong presence in meetings to provide the right amount of guidance but also know when to sit back and listen and respect when we need to discuss and ideate ourselves. We like the work they did that we asked WANT Branding to help us on a a new naming project when I when I joined Two Roads Hospitality after MGM.

I would recommended them – not just creative when it comes to naming but also very thoughtful and strategic.

excellent work

Naming, Branding, & Visual Identity for Career Education Co.

"Their willingness to listen and understand was a highlight."

Nov. 2019 - Apr. 2020

WANT Branding led a naming exercise, helping the business identify and select a name for a new venture. Additionally, the team provided other branding services, including logo design and URL creation.

Glendale, California
VP of Marketing, Career Education Co.

Not only was WANT Branding passionate about the project, but they were also always willing to help out wherever they could. They were proactive in providing support and were very organized. Additionally, they took the time to understand the brand and vision in order to deliver as requested.

I’m the VP of marketing at a company that works in the credentialing market and talent management assessment industries. We began a new career services business line with an acquisition last year. We provide online education services.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

We hired them to do a naming and branding exercise for our new career services business line.

WANT Branding did a lot of discovery for everything and worked through a lot of documents that we already had. The team also did executive interviews to understand the vision. Afterward, they strategized and came back with name options.

We gave them flexibility throughout the process. Once we picked the name, we went into the logo design and URL adventure to figure out what would work. WANT Branding then did the visual identity after the logo was defined and finalized.

I communicate with three teammates specifically.

The project lasted from November 2019–April 2020.

WANT Branding was very excited about the project and understood what it stood for. We haven’t fully launched the brand, but we have a press release going out soon.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was really on top of things. They always followed up. When we were trying to figure out the URL, the team motivated us and offered to help us in any way. I was hoping for a March 2020 finish date, but the URL content took a long time. They were very proactive.

Their willingness to listen and understand was a highlight. There were a lot of things that we were still formulating when we started the project because the line of business was very complex in terms of its industries and audience.

They listened well and came up with something that addressed what we wanted and what we needed. WANT Branding was able to read into it and understand beyond the basic message.

Nothing comes to mind right away. The team was more proactive towards the end of the project and kind of shy in the beginning when they had to do the executive interviews, which was normal. They just needed time to get into their cadence. Other than that, I was pleased with their work.

Empower and motivate them to do what they do best.

There’s always room for improvement.

Product & Company Naming for Digital Agency

"WANT Branding worked rigorously, leaving no stone unturned in the process."

Jan. 2000 - Apr. 2010

WANT Branding provided naming services during a rebrand for a third-party client. Working integratively with the internal team, they identified names for the company, its device, and corresponding technology.

Nuri Djavit
CEO, Last Exit

Thanks to their talent and their meshing well with the internal team, WANT Branding delivered successful services. The device they named became very well-known, and they provided valuable insights throughout the project. Despite working remotely, the team made the process simple.

I’m the former CEO of Last Exit.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

Our client needed some rebranding done.

WANT Branding supported us in the naming aspect of the rebranding process. They helped in naming the company, the device, and the technology that defines the device. They were integrated into our team to work as partners through the process.

Jonathan (Founder) was the main point of contact. There were also three teammates actively involved in the project, with more working behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with WANT Branding?

I worked with Jonathan years ago.

We spent $35,000–$40,000 for the naming aspect of the project.

We worked together from January 2000–April 2010.

It was very successful. The client was positively overwhelmed by the entire thing. They came back numerous times over the following years to work with us and WANT Branding again.

The device became a household name and spread like wildfire through word of mouth. The name really stuck. The device was even used by the British Olympic team in the London Olympics.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job of integrating into our team. They were easy to work with, affable, and very skilled, and there was nobody else I would’ve rather worked with on this type of project.

WANT Branding worked rigorously, leaving no stone unturned in the process. In turn, they were able to bring a high level of insight, creating countless “aha” moments. The team made it easy to work together, even though they were a remote team.

No, not that I can think of.

Trust the process. Don’t argue the price; they’re high value and worth it.

I would definitely recommend them and have done so many times.

Branding Support for Creative Agency

"They’re strategic in thinking about how to navigate through the creative process."

July 2018 - Ongoing

WANT Branding provided branding support for two projects. For the first, the team led workshops and outlined the positioning. For the second, they managed brand naming for a third-party TV sports client.

Dan Pappalardo
President & Founder, Troika Design Group

Not only does WANT Branding mesh well with the internal team, but they also bring adaptability and knowledge to the table. They have been a helpful partner for the business and its client, and their project management approach is personalized. Additionally, they are very accommodating.

I’m the president and founder of Troika Design Group, a brand consultancy and creative agency. We work with a lot of global and national media brands.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

We needed branding support.

We worked with Jonathan (Founder) and his team a couple of times. Both times, WANT Branding supported us in larger branding exercises. The first time we worked with them was for a full brand positioning exercise for a regional TV network.

They were involved in workshops with multiple stakeholders, as well as planning and navigating. Jonathan helped facilitate that whole piece of it. Then we did a whole brand creative exercise.

We do a lot of workshops but we needed someone to come in and help us execute on that. He essentially led the brand positioning exercise. The more recent project was a naming assignment for a new brand launch.

It’s a large entertainment company that is creating a new brand in the TV sports space. We’re helping them eventually launch this new brand. The first step was the naming, and there was also a logo design that we did.

Jonathan is my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with WANT Branding?

A colleague who had worked with Jonathan in the past introduced us, and we hit it off right away. We always look for opportunities to incorporate them when it makes sense.

We’ve spent $75,000.

We started working together in July 2018, and our engagement is ongoing. We completed the TV sports project with them in January 2020.

WANT Branding has been very helpful to us and the client. I like how seamlessly they’re able to integrate with our team. We’re built to do a lot of these things and everyone has different methodologies and processes.

We’ve been able to work really collaboratively with them. The team is very nimble and brings a ton of expertise. We like Jonathan to lead where he can, and he’s been really great at working within our system. Additionally, we’ve gotten great feedback from our clients.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is good. It’s a very organic, personalized style. They’re a small organization so they use a lot of verbal methods. WANT Branding is helpful when it comes to setting ideas up, and they’re strategic in thinking about how to navigate through the creative process.

We communicate via email and phone calls, and we also have in-person meetings. The team plans meetings with us a day in advance to prepare how we can all work together most successfully. Jonathan is very personable and isn’t rigid.

WANT Branding focuses on navigating the naming process. That’s where their expertise lies. Jonathan is a really nice person who wants to be helpful. He’s super accommodating, collaborative, and a pleasure to work with.

No, I have no suggestions. They know what they’re doing.

Trust their expertise.

Overall Score They’re great collaborators. There’s no ego; it’s real teamwork.
    They move faster than we do.
    They’re not the cheapest, but they’re priced properly for their level of expertise.
    They’re experts in this category and have been doing it for a long time.

Naming Services for Technology Integration Firm

“Their creativity was really great. They figured out exactly what we were looking for.”

May 2020

WANT Branding helped name a new project for a government contractor. They went through two rounds of ideation and presented 60 different names, providing a brief explanation of each.

Reston, Virginia
Director, Technology Integration Firm

WANT Branding listened closely to what their partners needed and they delivered several great options. The team was responsive and proactive; they were able to turnaround the first round of name ideas in a short period of time. The client is really happy with the name they selected.

I work for a government contractor systems integrator. I’m the director of our acquisition innovation center.

What challenge were you trying to address with WANT Branding?

We brought in WANT Branding to develop the name of a project we were working on.

We gave them background on what we were looking for in a name. From there, we had a preliminary conversation with us. Then we did two rounds of presentations in which they went through various name options and the reasons behind them. Each round had about 30 different options.

We were looking for something innovative, fresh, and cutting-edge look and feel. We wanted something unrelated to our company, so we needed their fresh perspective.

We worked with three people and Jonathan was our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with WANT Branding?

It was a referral from another project. We worked with them through another company. They completed things really quickly, so we contacted them and went through the process quickly.

We’ve spent $24,000.

The project lasted for two weeks in May 2020. We’re looking into an ongoing partnership with them.

The biggest thing for us was the speed; we really needed a quick turnaround. I was impressed with their ability to get us the first round of naming options. We actually ended up selecting a name from the first round. There were several good naming options, which I was very pleased with.

How did WANT Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive and proactive. Things were turned around very quickly. Jonathan communicated with me behind the scenes, and then they were able to present to my team.

Their creativity was really great. They figured out exactly what we were looking for. They listened to what I wanted, and that’s what made this partnership so successful. We basically got the results we needed in the first go-around.

I don’t have anything.

Be very clear about what you want, and they will deliver.

GOLD VERIFIED