Company Naming and Rebranding Agency

Gold

Tungsten Branding provides company naming and branding services geared towards entrepreneurs, consultants and startups. In addition Tungsten specializes in rebranding growing businesses that have outgrown their original identity.  Most of these firms are in the IT, financial and medical industries. Tungsten is known for brand name creation that aligns the client company name and messaging with its core capabilities and values.

Tungsten Branding has created over 250 regional, national, and international brand names for companies, products and services. Company president Phillip Davis, is a frequent keynote speaker on the topic of "Brilliant Brand Marketing," and has written for, or been quoted in, Forbes, Entrepreneur.com, Inc.com, The Wall Street Journal, AdAge, The Washington Post and Business Week magazine. Phil is also a contributing author on the Forbes Agency Council.

For company naming & branding enthusiasts, Tungsten hosts a live global branding podcast featured on iTunes, each Thursday at 12 noon EST and 9am PST, entitled "Brilliant Branding." Tungsten also offers Wattson Brand Clarity workshops for teams looking to first clarify their mission and purpose before naming or rebranding their business.

For those on a tight budget or timeline, Tungsten offers a selection of "business ready" brand names at www.FlipswitchBrands.com, complete with matching logos, tag lines and .com domain names.

1999
Brevard, NC

Tungsten's posseses a diverse portfolio of branded clients from a range of industries. These include...

• PODS - The global moving and storage franchisor
  • TeamLogicIT - A national franchisor with over 100 locations
  • RallyHouse - An athletic fan apparel chain with 60+ locations
  • StarMark - Manufacturer of pet training supplies
  • DoubleCross - Premium vodka

Brand Identity/Brand Book for New Medical Device

"They have very beautiful presentations that really help you to envision what they mean and where it can take you."

Nov. 2018 - May 2019

Tungsten Branding created a brand book with messaging for B2B and B2C customers. They also did naming and created a tagline as part of the branding partnership.

1,001 - 5,000 Employees

Israel
Global Product Manager, Medical Devices Manufacturer

The presentation of their deliverables generated praise from external decision-makers. Tungsten Branding is capable of delivering sophisticated projects. They’re talented at showcasing their work and they have a flair for visual design. They understand expectations well and they’re reliable.

I’m the global product manager for a medical devices manufacturer. We face both B2B and B2C markets. We have direct sales to doctors and clinics, but we also talk to patients, create awareness, and market to patients to come and receive treatment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

I’m working on a new product that is still under development. I needed to create a brand identity, including a name, logo, messaging, etc.

They did our messaging. The language had to be both B2B and B2C. They came up with the name, tagline, and the entire brand book, like an elevator page. They integrated the brand identity with how the product talks. When I go to other suppliers to create more marketing tools, I have this brand book that I can rely on. The brand book is the identity of how to write, how to speak, the fonts and characteristics of the product.

There was an introduction and we spoke over the phone. We had a face-to-face meeting where we briefed them about the company brand guidelines of the aesthetic group, the product, the competition, the target audiences, physicians, clinics, and the patients we’re targeting. There was a very comprehensive brief on the product. The first stage was to pick a name. Tungsten Branding was really impressive in the way that they presented. They gave us a whole feeling and experience for each name. It helped us to envision how it can look.

We started off with a few rounds of names. We first picked the direction in which we wanted to go. There were different directions for each type of names, as in if it’s descriptive, something from a different world, or from different associations. They gave us a few options from each field. We narrowed it down. In total, we had four rounds of names which were all good. They really heard our needs.

Then we had the messaging and created the logo. We had a few rounds on the logo. Right when you think you know everything, they raise questions that make us think and help us to be more precise on what we really want. It was very aligned with the brief they were giving at the beginning. They really heard the needs and what we asked for. At the end, the results are aligned with us with some fine-tuning along the way.

After we completed the brand book, we also added sub-branding to categorize treatments and to name the treatments of the system. We basically had a big project and then a mini-project.

There was an account manager, a designer, and someone very involved in the messaging. Phil (President, Tungsten Branding) was a big part of the naming process as well.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I found them through Clutch. We had pure chemistry with them from the first call. We had a very good connection. We interviewed a few companies, but Tungsten Branding made the process fun, easy, and with a very good flow from the first call. It was also systematic and professional. They didn’t feel corporate and they made it very personal.

We’ve spent $50,000.

We worked together from November 2018—May 2019.

When we presented it to the CEO, everyone was impressed with how they presented their work. After this, we involved them with more projects because other project managers also liked the way they presented. They’re very sophisticated in the way they think and the things that they suggest. The process was perfect. They have very beautiful presentations that really help you to envision what they mean and where it can take you. We got really good feedback from the final results. Everyone likes the name and the logo and the way we presented the messages.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

There was a challenge with the language barrier, which we always spoke about because we don’t come from an English-speaking country. We had to overcome things we don’t understand. They did that beautifully and they explained everything. We really relied on them. They nailed it at the end and we’re very happy.

The length of the project was extended mainly on our end because we had some internal processes that put us on hold along the way. The account manager was very responsive and available. She managed the project very well and they delivered on time. We communicated via phone and email.

Their sophistication impressed me the most. They have many other good points as well.

No, there’s nothing I’d have them improve.

Follow their lead. Give them a good brief and you can trust them with the process. Have fun with it. You can trust them.

They were always on time.
    We’re very happy with the results.

Naming & Logo Design for Real Estate Company

"Tungsten Branding did everything that they could to finish their work as fast as possible."

Feb. - Apr. 2019

Tungsten Branding renamed and rebranded a real estate firm. They delivered a branding package that included logo designs, color schemes, typography, and marketing designs.

Brevard, North Carolina
Jason Jacques
President, BluAxis Realty

Employees and customers are receptive of the new name and brand. Despite working within a short timeline, Tungsten Branding was quick to answer questions and accepted all feedback, no matter how critical. Customers can expect an accommodating, insightful, and efficient partner.

I’m the president and CEO of BluAxis Realty.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

I was originally a franchise owner of a national real estate company and became disengaged about five years ago. I decided to create an independent brand but struggled to find a unique name that wasn’t already taken. I hired Tungsten Branding to come up with a short and memorable name and secure a matching domain.

Aside from the name generation process, Tungsten Branding designed our logo and created multiple versions to fit specific requirements. For example, they made one logo that was designed to highlight what we do as a company. This design looks slightly different than our general logo. They also created variations of the logo for both white and dark backgrounds.

In addition to logo design, Tungsten Branding created an entire branding package that included color schemes, typography, and different design options for various types of marketing. They also helped us find and purchase a domain that matched our new name.

I had one main point of contact, and there were a few others who sat in on meetings from time to time.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I was discussing the name of my company with one of my agents, and he mentioned that he was helping Phil (President & Founder, Tungsten Branding) purchase a house. He introduced me to Phil, and it just so happened that we’re located in the same town, so it seemed like a great fit.

We spent between $10,000–$25,000.

We started working with Tungsten Branding at the end of February 2019 and finished the project in mid-April 2019.

We’re still in the middle of completing the transition to our new name, so I don’t have any metrics yet. The community has been receptive of the change, and my employees love it, so we are getting positive feedback.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive to my questions and handled my critical feedback well. They never took my comments personally or acted in a defensive manner, which showed their desire to meet my needs.

Tungsten Branding did everything that they could to finish their work as fast as possible. They were very aware of the fact that I was stressed during the project because I was worried about it taking too long.

We communicated primarily via phone and email, and I went to their office when they were ready to pitch names. I understand that in-person meetings with Tungsten Branding are rare because they’re an international company.

I don’t know a whole lot about other agencies, but I do know that Tungsten Branding is exceptionally creative and effective in delivering results. They approached our project with a much broader perspective and identified names and branding ideas that we would’ve never considered.

I can’t think of anything from their end.

The project took a little bit longer than I expected, but that was not their fault at all. I had an unrealistic understanding of the naming process and was worried about losing money while I rebranded my company. However long you think the project will last, you should assume that it will take longer.

Also, make sure to take all of their initial surveys and provide background information. Take their questions seriously, and don’t rush the discovery phase. Give them the opportunity to jumpstart the creative process and identify your needs.

Other quotes that I considered were four times higher than Tungsten’s, and I don’t think those companies would have performed any better.

Naming and Logo Creation for Software Development Firm

"They felt like an extension of our team."

Dec. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Tungsten Branding created a name and a logo as part of a branding partnership. They developed a brand identity and built a corresponding style book.

Atlanta, Georgia
Matthew Travis Tanner
CEO, Keydabra

The name has made a positive impression on investors and beta testers. Tungsten Branding is a creative partner devoted to customer satisfaction. They’re responsive and they adhere to their timelines.

I am the CEO of an AI company called Keydabra. We develop software to help businesses and consumers unlock opportunities found in their data.

For what projects/services did your company hire Tungsten Branding?

We hired them to help us complete the initial branding, naming, and logo creation for our company. They were a full-service shop that could help create the entire brand identity.

We wanted to create a brand identity that was unique and memorable. We wanted something that could be associated with the software we create but also could stand alone and create curiosity about our business.

We searched for branding and naming agencies on Google and read reviews for about 10 companies. We narrowed down the list quickly based on the scope of projects these firms had worked on, and we then interviewed a few firms before landing on Tungsten Branding. They seemed to really “get” our company. We felt this was important when creating a brand.

They worked to understand the mission and goals of our company, as well as our product offerings. They then used a variety of brainstorming prompts to help us explain to them the creative direction we envisioned for our company.

After the initial discovery process, Tungsten Branding came up with a variety of potential names for our company. They came up with so many options that it took us some time to narrow it down. Once we had a name, they took it two steps further, coming up with a logo and brand identity. They built out a full style book for us to use with future vendors and helped us hit the ground running.

We worked with their whole team, including Phil (President, Tungsten Branding), Liz (Project Strategist), Blake (Director of Operations), Hunter (Visual Designer), and Derek (Visual Designer). They were all delightful and they each brought a different kind of expertise to the table.

The name Tungsten developed for our brand has resonated with investors and beta testers. We have shared our initial identity with a variety of marketing experts and they are excited about the direction of the brand.

Their team is very easy to work with. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls and are readily available to help. They laid out a very clear timeline and process for the project and they followed it. When providing feedback, they enthusiastically worked to make sure we were happy and headed in the right direction with our brand identity.

I was most impressed by their creativity. They had some really unique and interesting ideas. They were excited about our company and they felt like an extension of our team.

No, I genuinely can't think of anything they could have done differently.

Branding for Orthopedic Implant Company

"They were serious, talented professionals at their craft, but their output made it a fun experience."

Nov. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Tungsten Branding provided branding services for an orthopedic implant company’s new product launch. They helped create a name, logo, brand portfolio, brand guide, and brand strategy for a major meeting.

Morristown, New Jersey
General Manager, Orthopedic Implant Company

Almost all the deliverables arrived on time to impress potential stakeholders. Tungsten Branding led high-quality branding services from start to finish. Their diligent customer service, flexibility, professionalism, and regular communication made for a productive and personable experience.

I’m the general manager of an orthopedic implant company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We developed a new knee implant system and are getting ready to launch it in the second half of the year. We needed help with branding.

Tungsten Branding provided a naming and branding exercise for our product. We went through surveys about various aspects of the company: the product, the people involved, our values, what the product represents, and other areas.

The team took those thoughts and turned them into name ideas. Each had a brand strategy and insight into what you could do with that particular name, how we could showcase it, what types of slants we could put on it, and what kind of marketing situation we could do.

Tungsten Branding went so far as even going in and doing domain searches and locking in some domain names for the company. We went with three or four names to corral the products’ end name of the product. Their team guided us through that as well.

After the naming exercise, the team put together a brand portfolio and a brand strategy. We also went through a whole logo generation process. The result was a brand guide book, a logo, and a complete color schematic. Our marketing team and our compliance team now have a guide book on how to deal with various logos and names as well as the brand strategy. We can have a coherent story on one of our products and a footprint on how to drive brand equity for that product line.

We worked with about four people. Hunter (Visual Designer, Tungsten Branding) designed our logo. On our conference calls, we communicated with Liz (Senior Namer & Project Manager, Tungsten Branding) and Phillip (President, Tungsten Branding). Our primary point of contact was Liz—she educated me every step of the way.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I found Tungsten Branding through an internet search. After browsing their website and talk with Liz, their team put together an excellent proposal that met our needs and had flexible pricing options. We even truncated a little bit because of the time crunch to get ready for our major industry meeting.

We worked together from November 2018 until February 2019.

In 2.5 months, we finished almost everything in time for the big meeting. We displayed our collaterals, posters, new logo and color scheme, and new verbiage developed during the project. We just cleaned up the final deliverables on the whole package. Right now, our team in Korea is working directly with Liz to transfer the domain names over to themselves and double-checking legal details for domain name ownership.

The product won’t be launched until the end of the year, but Tungsten Branding helped us deliver in time for our major meeting. They walk by the booth and check out the new products. We were able to show the new implant system to surgeons at a trade booth with clear collaterals. Having a legal name and brand for the product was huge for us.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Tungsten Branding made the project enjoyable. They were serious, talented professionals at their craft, but their output made it a fun experience. Liz was highly accountable and responsible.

Once we streamlined the original proposal, the team stuck very closely to the deliverables and the timelines. We never waited on them to hit a milestone; any delays came from our side, and they, in turn, worked more quickly to keep the project on schedule. The only scope creep was another naming iteration, which their team accommodated. The team delivered everything that was promised and left us very satisfied with what we did and what we paid for.

Tungsten Branding was accessible and quick to respond. We communicated as often as necessary—which sometimes meant multiple times a day—via conference calls, email, text, and cell calls. The team asked a lot of questions without second-guessing our directions. They reined us in and refocused us whenever our creativity got us off course.

Tungsten Branding demonstrated in-depth knowledge through the engagement. They answered every question I had and looked up solutions when they didn’t have a definitive answer. I felt that we were collaboratively working with a team of professionals, which was an enjoyable experience. The team was down-to-earth and fun to talk to. They used layperson terms and thoroughly understood our needs from the get-go.

Nothing comes to mind for them to improve.

Over-communicate with Tungsten Branding. Get your information together and tell them all about your business, your industry, and what you’re trying to achieve. Be very honest with their team. Try to give them examples, websites, and research materials. Tungsten Branding took everything I gave them, looked at it, and understood.

Overall Score I wish I had another project I could be working with them on. It was a wonderful experience.
    They hit every deadline that we set out to hit. They even delivered early sometimes.
    What they proposed is what I paid. Any negotiation we had was upfront, pleasantly done and without surprises.
    What Tungsten Branding delivered exceeded my expectations.
    Tungsten Branding was very innovative in the space that they work in. They showed creativity and understood their profession very well.

Naming & Logo Design for Steel Manufacturer

"Their approach allowed us to progress toward completion without disrupting our day-to-day workflow."

Mar. - Aug. 2018

Tungsten Branding led multiple rounds of naming for a suite of new green infrastructure products. They also designed a new logo.

Middlesboro, Kentucky
Ben Hoe
Sales Manager - Architectural Products, J.R. Hoe

The new name and logo have received positive feedback from key internal stakeholders. Tungsten Branding accepts constructive input well, but also brings creative ideas of their own to the table. Their consistent communication and responsiveness made them a valuable partner.

I’m sales manager and head of product development for J.R. Hoe, a manufacturer of steel and cast iron products for industrial and infrastructure industries.

For what projects/services did your company hire Tungsten Branding?

After struggling to come up with a name on our own, we hired Tungsten Branding to provide naming and branding services for a new family of green infrastructure products. We’re in the product development phase of a new line of architectural drainage and streetscape products that we believe can become a leading national brand with the correct name.

Our goal was to find a name for this product line that would appeal to customers in the very specific, niche market of green infrastructure design and low impact development. At the same time, we needed to ensure that the name would not exclude the broader customer base tied to conventional landscape architecture and construction.

We searched for naming and branding firms on Google. Tungsten Branding is a top firm and is located only a couple hours drive from our home office. We were persuaded to invest in their services by their proposal, their comprehensive naming process, their portfolio of successful projects, and the phone conversations we had with their team.

Their process began with a series of phone calls and emails to convey and illustrate our vision of the new product line. They also provided a brand development worksheet to assist in their understanding of our goals and criteria for the brand.

From there, they provided three naming rounds, each consisting of 8–12 unique brand names along with taglines and rationales for each. They used our feedback from these naming options to steer the process until a final name was approved. Their graphic design team quickly generated a successful logo for the brand name to complete the process. A brand package featuring numerous different colors and configurations of the logo was sent via email.

I worked with Phil (founder, Tungsten Branding) and Liz (project strategist, Tungsten Branding).

This brand will launch in early 2019 so we don’t yet have any metrics that illustrate the success of the name and branding. We are beyond excited at the prospect of this brand to have a major impact on the market and become a significant driver of new sales.

Phil piloted the creative process of generating brand name candidates and communicating their rationale for the direction they were taking. Liz facilitated excellent communication between the two parties, providing explanation or clarification when required. All communication was by email and phone. Tungsten Branding was great about working around our team's availability and responding to our feedback at each step of the process.

I was most impressed with the efficiency of their naming process. Tungsten Branding performs the legwork of generating various branding options at each stage of the process, relying on the client's feedback to steer their efforts. Their approach allowed us to progress toward completion without disrupting our day-to-day workflow.

Renaming for Federal Credit Union

“They’re experts in their field and able to understand their clients’ needs.”

Aug. - Sept. 2018

Tungsten Branding worked with the internal team to create a new company name. They conducted research, met with senior leadership, and did three rounds of name creation. They also made the logo and style guide.

Orlando, Florida
Suzanne Dusch
VP of Marketing, CFE Federal Credit Union

Tungsten Branding works fast and produces high-quality work. They’re extremely organized, allowing them to efficiently work with large amounts of information and numerous possible names. The new name isn’t public, but employees love it.

I’m the VP of marketing for CFE Federal Credit Union, a financial cooperative located in central Florida. We provide a full range of financial services to 150,000 members across five counties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We were making some internal business adjustments that necessitated a name change, so we needed a partner to help us make the switch. We’d already worked with one partner who came up with 50 names, but none of them worked.

Tungsten Branding began the partnership by conducting their own research, asking us questions like what our values were and how we wanted to speak to our members. They collected a list of adjectives that best described our organization and discussed what brand message we wanted the new name to communicate. Our leadership team even met with them to review company goals and challenges.

For the first round, Tungsten Branding presented around 12 potential names, most of which we liked. We narrowed it down and then had them do two more rounds of name creation, just to make sure we’d explored every possible option. They associated a symbol with each name to help us understand how the new name could integrate within our existing brand context.

After we chose a name, Tungsten Branding created a faux homepage with the new name to help us visualize how it would look in context. They walked us through images that complemented the name and explained why they’d chosen it. They also developed our logo and put together a style guide to streamline branding decisions in the future.

I interacted with a project strategist and a visual designer.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

We found them on Google, where they ranked in the top three slots. When visiting their site, I noticed that all their prior renaming campaigns had incorporated some sort of nod to the client’s culture, history, or product that tied the name to what they did. We were impressed with their past work, so we decided to hire them.

We spent under $30,000.

We worked with them on this project from August–September 2018. They’re currently working on a different project to rename a basketball arena that has our old name on it.

The name isn’t public yet, but our staff has seen it and loves it.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re succinct, organized, and responsive. They were on top of their work and consistently provided project updates. Unlike other agencies, they worked quickly and still created high-quality content. Although the team was small, they were agile and always available when we needed them.

They’re extremely professional and do incredibly impressive work. They’re experts in their field and able to understand their clients’ needs. The final presentation they provided was also tremendously well-crafted.

No. They were easy to work with.

Branding for Car Wash System & Portable Storage Company

"They did a fantastic job with both of my projects. I can't imagine how anyone could do that better."

Overseeing a branding campaign, Tungsten Branding designed a website and created a new name, a logo, and attire designs. They continue to monitor customer comments and prepare materials for the media.

Tampa, Florida
Peter Warhurst
Founder of PODS, CEO of Mt. Washmore

The new brand helps the business stand out among competitors and customer satisfaction ratings have increased. Highly experienced, Tungsten Branding goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their creativity and dedication to the project made them a go-to partner.

I'm the founder of PODS and the CEO of Mt. Washmore. PODS is an international moving and storage franchise. Mt. Washmore is a themed express tunnel car wash.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We wanted to create a band that would be recognizable and distinguish us from our competitors, so we were looking for a vendor to help us with branding.

Tungsten Branding came up with a name, a logo, and attire designs for a workplace. They designed the entire package for us, including a website. They're constantly monitoring our website traffic and customer comments, quickly addressing any concerns and making adjustments when needed. In addition, they handle all the web evaluations for us.

I mostly work with Phil (Founder and President, Tungsten Branding).

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I first worked with Phil about 20 years ago. He created the brand name PODS for my portable storage service, which grew into an international franchise. He did such an excellent job that I didn't hesitate to reach out when I needed help  creating a national car wash brand.

We've spent about $130,000–$150,000.

This project started in 2015 and we're still working with them.

Our customers are highly satisfied and our ratings on various websites outperform our competitors within the five-mile radius.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They take care of all the design and branding decisions, making the process easy for us. If we need to modify anything, they make all the adjustments before we have to go to print or other media.

They have a unique talent of coming up with a concept and building an entire package around it. Also, they're very dedicated to the project and always follow up, monitoring our success.

No. They did a fantastic job with both of my projects. I can't imagine how anyone could do that better.

Overall Score I couldn't be happier.
    They usually deliver ahead of time.
    They're very cost-effective. Anything they did seemed to create two or three times the value of what it cost us.
    The overall design they produced is the best I've ever seen.
    I've already recommended them.

Naming for Electronics Manufacturing Distributor

“They're experts at what they do. I'd recommend them wholeheartedly.”

Nov. 2017 - May 2018

Assisting with rebranding efforts, Tungsten Branding helped a business come up with a new name. They conducted a questionnaire and then developed two rounds of names.

Michael Capone
COO, CableWholesale.com, Inc.

The in-house team is impressed with the name and expects to generate substantial revenue. Tungsten went above and beyond to understand all needs and find a name that reflects the vision of the company, while their superb organizational skills helped them establish a smooth process.

I'm the COO of CableWholesale.com, Inc. We're a manufacturer and distributor of various computer network accessories and cables. I manage all the day-to-day aspects of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

The name of our company–Cable Wholesale–presents many challenges. Our customers either think that we only sell cables (we have a range of other products) or they think we only sell to wholesale partners (we also sell to the public). Also, The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office considered our name generic, so we couldn't trademark it. We tried to come up with a nice brand name for years, but we couldn't find anything that would reflected our brand and could be trademarked. We hired Tungsten Branding to help us come up with a new name.

First, they asked us about our organization and what goals we were trying to achieve. They also gave us a long personality quiz. Based on the results of that questionnaire, they started generating a name for us. They came up with 10 different potential brandmarks for us to look at and consider. After we provided our feedback, they came up with the second round of names, and we were able to choose a winner.

We had two main points of contact.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

We were looking for high-caliber brand name consultants online. We didn't find many companies that fit our criteria, and Tungsten Branding came up at the top of our search results.

We spent between $15,000–$20,000.

We started working with them in November 2017 and the project was completed in March 2018.

We're still going through the process of rolling out the brand, but I can already see that it's going to make a huge difference for us. Our analytics suggests that we'll be able to generate $30,000–$40,000 a month from this change.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very organized and knew exactly how to get the information they needed from us. They were very clear about all the steps and kept us on target. Also, they were easy to work with.

I had been trying to do this on my own for many years, so I was skeptical about the fact that anyone could do a better job for me. I was shocked and impressed when I saw the first round of names they came up with because those names were so close to the vision I didn't even know I had. They're experts at what they do. I'd recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone who is going through a similar process.

I can't think of anything. They offer a range of services, so you can pick and choose.

Overall Score It was a great experience. They even answered my questions about the trademark process a few months after the project finished.
    They understood all of our needs and were able to deliver everything on time.
    It was a very good investment.
    They did everything I could ever hope for. We couldn't do it for ourselves.
    I'd recommend them to anybody.

Naming for IT Services & Support Franchise

“Tungsten Branding not only excels at their work, but also makes the process a pleasant experience.”

Tungsten Branding led a newly-launched company through a streamlined, step-by-step naming process. They conducted branding exercises to pinpoint the corporate identity, target consumers, and primary goals.

Orange County, California
Chuck Lennon
President, TeamLogic IT

Tungsten Branding offered cutting-edge digital services at the time that outpaced competitor advertising agencies. They delivered an ideal name that employees are proud of along with well-positioned branding deliverables that reflect the business. The team is fun, creative, and cooperative.

TeamLogicIT is a franchise organization that provides outsourced IT support to small businesses. For the past 15 years, my role was the president of the company. I recently stepped down to take on a smaller role as an executive vice president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We needed to find a name for our company. I was hired to formulate and develop a business plan and to build the business. I was in search of an agency that could help me from a branding standpoint.

This project was unique in that the entire process took place online 15 years ago. That might not seem significant today, but it wasn’t the norm for how marketing agencies and businesses worked together back then. Tungsten Branding simplified the complex task of naming our company. They developed an entire brand strategy around it using an easy, step-by-step process.

We began the process by filling out an online inquiry form in-depth to provide Tungsten Branding with the basic information about who we were, our target customers, and our overall goals. From a positioning standpoint, they established a sense of how we wanted to be perceived. They had an à la carte menu for trademarking and other legal processes. I selected all the aspects I was interested in acquiring from their services.

I worked directly with Phil Davis (President, Tungsten Branding).

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

At the time, I was working with a corporate advertising agency that had no experience with naming or branding a company. They didn’t have the expertise I needed to create an actual brand for our organization.

I did a basic Google search for vendors online, found many different options, and interviewed several. When I contacted the president of Tungsten Branding, I liked the simplicity of the process he described for how we would work together.

We spent several thousand dollars.

We worked together during 2004. Naming our company was a 60-day process or less.

The response to the final product we came up with together has been overwhelmingly positive. It has had a markedly positive impact on my ability to grow our business. Our franchisees have repeatedly commented on how much they like the name and how proud they are to have it. They feel a lot of strength in the name itself. I don't have any measurable statistics, but anecdotally, we've had a very positive reaction from our team members.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?
It was excellent. The key to the entire process is Tungsten Branding's ability to listen carefully to clients and understand their desires. We ended up with a great product and end result within a relatively short period.

Branding exercises take time to succeed. I appreciated how well they took creative criticism and came back with better options. If they were headed in the wrong direction for naming suggestions or ideas, they took my guidance as good news. They even used negative feedback to my benefit to meet my needs and redirect as needed.

Tungsten Branding's team has great personalities. They all made the naming process a lot of fun to do. Coming up with a company name is important, but not necessarily a fun process. Their entire branding exercise was absolutely enjoyable.

I have recommended them to numerous other people that needed to name either a company or a product. Tungsten Branding not only excels at their work, but also makes the process a pleasant experience. I find that balance to be a critical characteristic for organizations of their kind.

No. My dealings with Tungsten Branding were more than 10 years ago, so I don't know whether they follow the exact same process today or not. It worked well then, so I have nothing to suggest they do differently.

I appreciate that they stayed in touch and followed our company's growth. Tungsten Branding has felt like a strategic partner from the very start.

Overall Score Many years later, I still have favorable recollections. An upstanding organization, they did a great job for me and everyone I referred them to.
    We achieved our end result must faster than I initially expected. I thought the process would last several months, but it only took 45–60 days.
    They provided great value. I knew what the price was going to be up front. There were no surprises or hidden costs like travel expenses.
    I was very pleased with the process and outcome.
    I’ve already referred them to many friends and clients who needed to name brands, products, or company divisions. They always have positive feedback.

Rebranding for Big Data Analytics Software Company

"Tungsten Branding was incredibly knowledgeable and pragmatic."

July - Oct. 2018

As part of a company rebranding, Tungsten Branding guided naming services. Their team found a variety of new names and narrowed down the list to a name that fit a brand-new vision.

Grant Halloran
Chief Marketing Officer, OmniSci

Internal and external feedback has been extremely positive. Working with Tungsten Branding was an efficient and seamless process. Their team was communicative and experienced in their field. They were great at handling problems and putting concerns to rest.

I’m the chief marketing officer at OmniSci. We’re a venture-backed big data analytics company that focuses on providing analytics platforms to large businesses and the federal government.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We needed a company rebrand. Our company outgrew our previous name, and we wanted a name that was more befitting of our new and broader vision.

My CEO and I had a variety of conversations with Tungsten Branding discussing brand personality, our client base, and goals. We also completed formal briefing forms to give them an understanding of what we wanted in a new name. We then both made sure we were on the same page.

After two weeks, their team came back with 12 primary options with some additional variants. We assessed their pros and cons, availability, and practicality. Tungsten Branding also gave us variations of names and examples of how they would look online. Finally, we got to a name we liked and ended up choosing a slight variation of that.

We worked with Phil (President, Tungsten Branding) and Elizabeth (Project Strategist, Tungsten Branding).

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I found them through reading a blog post that Phil wrote on LinkedIn, and I was interested in how he discussed the difference between renaming a company and their brand position. We chose Tungsten Branding because of their pragmatism.

We spent around $50,000.

We worked together from July to October 2018.

Feedback from our customers, investors, social media comments and employees has been nearly 100 percent positive.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Tungsten Branding’s project management was outstanding. The whole process was smooth, efficient and quick. Their team was open to talking about issues and concerns we had and provided examples of other companies that had overcome those problems.

We communicated with them through phone calls and e-mail. Their company used specialized website tools to present their branding options to us.

Tungsten Branding was incredibly knowledgeable and pragmatic. Rebranding a company is often an emotional and complex exercise. There’s a whole range of logistics to consider, and they were great at handling that. Their team was fantastic at putting executives at ease in a way that was straightforward, but not bureaucratic. I found them exceptional overall.

No, nothing that I have experienced during this engagement.

They were responsive.
    They were responsible and flexible with costs.
    They produced high quality and intellectual work coupled with pragmatism.
    I have zero hesitation to recommend.

Gold