Company Naming and Rebranding Agency

Bronze

Since 1999, Tungsten Branding has provided company naming and branding services for Tech start-ups, Fortune 500 companies, and everything in between.  Tungsten is known for brand name creation that aligns the company/product/service name and messaging with its core capabilities and values.  Tungsten specializes in rebranding growing businesses that have outgrown their original identity.

Tungsten Branding has created over 500 regional, national, and international brand names for companies, products and services.  Tungsten President & Founder Phil Davis, is a member of the Forbes Agency Council and serves as a frequent keynote speaker on the topic of "Brilliant Brand Marketing."  Phil is a contributing author for Forbes & Entrepreneur and has written for, or been quoted in, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Wall Street Journal, Inc.com, AdAge, The Washington Post, and Business Week magazine.

For company naming & branding enthusiasts, Tungsten produces "Brilliant Branding," a branding podcast featured on iTunes, SoundCloud, GooglePlay, & VoiceAmerica.

$300+ / hr

1999
Brevard, NC
  • 43 Broad Street, Unit 103
    Brevard, NC 28712

Tungsten possesses a diverse portfolio of branded clients from a range of industries. These include... •PODS •AO SMITH •FERGUSON •OMNISCI •JAPAN TOBACCO INTERNATIONAL •QUAKER HOUGHTON •MCKIBBON HOSPITALITY GROUP •FRANCHISE SERVICES, INC •STARMARK ACADEMY •THRIVENT •MICROSTRATEGY •LUMENIS •KIVA •ARCH INSURANCE GROUP •ADDITION FINANCIAL •DALE JARRET RACING •Q MEDICAL •CORENTEC •RED ROVER MOVING & STORAGE •HARMONY OUTDOOR BRANDS •DOUBLE CROSS VODKA •LIAZON •TRICKLE STAR •CERORA

Branding for Financial & Legal Advisory

“Tungsten Branding creates a personal connection with clients through excellent customer service.”

Sept. 2018 - June 2019

Tungsten Branding provided naming services to a financial and legal advisory firm. The team created a tagline, logo, brand guideline book, brand story, and marketing collateral for the client.

San Antonio, Texas
Lauren Dean
Founder & CEO, Corner Bishop, LLC

The client has received positive feedback on the brand story and name. Tungsten Branding crafts a collaborative experience, delving deep into the message the client is trying to convey. The team goes above and beyond to provide a high level of personalized support.

I am the founder and CEO of Corner Bishop, a consulting company that provides legal and financial transaction advisory services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

When I started my own company, I realized I wanted a name with a fresh feeling that conveyed my message.

Tungsten Branding came up with a name, tagline, and logo for my company. First, we had a detailed conversation about my goals for the company and what I was looking to convey. Then they sent me a relatively long questionnaire to figure out more about my brand. Our teams went through three iterations of names, beginning with 5–8 and narrowing it down from there.

We had two rounds of logo options. They also created the brand development storybook, which defines our brand guidelines. Additionally, they prepared my brand collateral package, including letterhead and business cards.

My main points of contact were Phil (President, Tungsten Branding) and Liz (Senior Namer, Tungsten Branding). Throughout the project, additional people would join in one at a time to help.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I came across Tungsten Branding after searching for naming agencies on Google. Their website was impressive because of the amount of information they were able to get across. They understood why identifying your name is important. Their site had a lot of great resources.

After my first phone call with Liz and Phil, I decided to work with them. It seemed like a great fit, we really hit it off. My conversations with other agencies reinforced that Tungsten Branding was the right agency for me.

I invested about $15,000.

My engagement with Tungsten Branding ran from September 2018–May 2019.

I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback about our name and brand story. Tungsten Branding provided me with the tools necessary to pitch my business, leading to new customers. It was a phenomenal experience.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything Tungsten Branding does is great. They were timely and on point. I was very happy with them. Our teams usually communicate via email although they would do webinars to go over the brand name and story.

Tungsten Branding creates a personal connection with clients through excellent customer service. I didn’t feel like I was dealing with a big corporate firm. I felt understood and like they were trying to be responsive to what I wanted and needed.

No, I had a great experience with Tungsten Branding.

Spend a lot of time on the initial questionnaire and delve into what you’re looking to get our of the experience.

Naming for Skincare Company

“Tungsten Branding is incredible at communicating with me.”

Tungsten Branding provided naming services for a skincare brand. Their team provides multiple rounds of names to ensure a solution that meets the requirements of the client’s brand.

Houston, Texas
Kristin Thomas
Founder, Calm Coyote

The engagement resulted in a name and tagline that match the aesthetic and goals of the brand. Tungsten Branding facilitates a collaborative process, helping clients find the name that best fits their needs while also standing out. The team is creative, hard-working, and organized.

I am the founder of Calm Coyote, a skincare company focused on taking care of dry and sensitive skin. We leave out all fragrance and eliminate all the nasty stuff that you find in even the most sensitive formulas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

I needed help coming up with a great memorable name that exemplified what I wanted to get across. Anytime I came up with a name, a three-second Google search showed it was already taken.

Tungsten Branding came up with a name and tagline for my brand. After an initial consultation where they looked over some names I’d been considering and they asked me questions about the brand, we went through a few months of back and forth. It took a while because we had to delve in and see what was available since I wanted a matching website.

Our teams held multiple brainstorming sessions and went through about four rounds of names. I wanted something that helped determine my niche and set my brand apart. They helped me find something memorable but not too simple that still related to a skincare company.

I worked with Phil (President, Tungsten Branding) and Liz (Senior Namer, Tungsten Branding).

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I had been searching online for someone who is an expert in branding and I constantly came across Tungsten Branding.

I have invested about $7,000.

We worked together for a few months in 2016.

A lot of people have liked the name. I had a very generic name that everyone had problems with before, but now it’s more memorable. Changing the name worked out in the long run.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Tungsten Branding has excellent project management skills. Our teams communicate over phone and email. They set deadlines for themselves and always met them. Their team is very hands-on and amenable to suggestions. Everything was very easy and simple.

Tungsten Branding is incredible at communicating with me.

No, they were excellent. They are willing to give and receive feedback. I knew I trusted them.

Preparation is important. Have some ideas but be open to the advice of experts. Don’t be so stuck on one or two visions for your own brand or you might miss out on a better option from the experts.

Rebranding for Full Service Digital Agency

"The length and diversity of their experience make them stand out."

Mar. 2019 - Oct.

Tungsten Branding rebranded a web development and marketing agency. The team developed a name to communicate the services provided, designed a logo, and created a style guide including colors and stock photos.

Batesville, Arkansas
Founder & CEO, Full Service Digital Agency

Tungsten Branding developed a satisfying name that suits the business and receives positive feedback from various stakeholders. They were organized, which ensured that deadlines were met, and the collaboration proceeded smoothly. The team had valuable knowledge to support a successful engagement.

I’m the CEO of a full-service web development and marketing agency

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We wanted to find a brand name that would properly represent who we are and what we can do. We started our business quickly and didn’t put a lot of thought into the name, which confined us and wouldn't carry us where we wanted to go.

Initially, Tungsten Branding developed a brand including a name and tag line. We would get a round of names, think on it for 24 or 48 hours, and then schedule a call to talk about them. We were satisfied with the name their team came up with as well as the process—how they kept the project on track. We decided to take the engagement a step further and have their team develop our logo as well as our style guide so the elements would mesh. We wanted the same crew to come up with the visuals and designs. Their team provided all of the content that goes around the logo such as guidance in written form about how to implement it, colors, styles, stock photography, and spacing.

Through most of the project Liz (Senior Namer and Project Manager, Tungsten Branding) was our main point of contact but we worked with at least five. When they did the logo design, Tungsten Branding also brought in three graphic designers.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

We looked around for different options and domain names. We ran across Tungsten Branding in a Forbes article. We read about them and their work. We reached out and decided they had a good track record as well as a good portfolio. They operate on a global basis, completing branding projects across the country for various different clients. Their team had the most diverse experience and perspective that we needed to reach our desired markets, so we decided to see what they could do.

We spent around $14,00 on the full project.

We started working together in March 2019 and the project wrapped up in October.

We’ve gotten positive feedback on the new brand. Before we chose the new name, we did internal focus groups and even ran it by some of our clients. Everyone likes the name. We get a lot of curiosity about it, which is good. When we first saw the name that we chose, it didn’t mean a lot to us. As we went through the process, all of the pieces started fitting into place about why it’s a meaningful name. Their team put thought into the name and it really does fit.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

We scheduled phone calls but most of our communication was by email. Their project management was excellent. Their team knew the process and kept everything on track and target. They made all the meetings and kept their promises.

The length and diversity of their experience make them stand out. They've been involved in digital projects, which is especially important today. Nowadays, the domain is a big part of a brand. A name has to be unique throughout the entire market. Even if you’re operating locally, you have to consider the entire country if not the world. Their experience and knowledge in that area were important to have.

We didn’t have a specific timeline but wanted to get it done as quickly as possible. There was more turnaround time than I would’ve liked but that’s because we were in emergency mode.

Do your homework as far as taking good notes on what you’re looking for in a name. Do the research and read the materials they send, because the content’s important to help you work with the process. Have an open mind. Their team’s good at giving what they call bookends, which are names that are outside your comfort zone to expand the possibilities.

We had to send the style guide back a couple of times because it had errors.

Branding for Project Management & IT Consultation Firm

“Tungsten Branding really gets it, they ask great questions and come up with great solutions.”

Oct. 2015 - May 2016

Tungsten Branding provided naming and branding services to a management consulting and IT services firm. This included creating a logo, tagline, and brand guidelines.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Steve Devitt
Founder & Principal, Altacent

The name and branding have received positive feedback both internally and externally, from potential candidates to industry colleagues. Tungsten Branding crafts a collaborative experience, giving the client input into the direction of their branding. The team is creative and personable.

I am the founder & principal at Altacent, a management consulting and IT services firm headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

Our company was formed very quickly, but we wanted to take our time to come up with the right name and branding rationale.

Tungsten Branding provided us with naming and branding services. Their team was responsible for our logo, tagline, and everything branding related. We went through three to five rounds of names. Altacent wasn’t in the first cut, but we came back around to it. The team gathered internal and external feedback throughout the process.

We had additional follow up work with Tungsten Branding. They ended up helping us out with web content as well.

The primary individuals we were in contact with were Phil (President & Founder, Tungsten Branding) an Liz (Senior Namer, Tungsten Branding). There may have been additional folks behind the scenes, but I mostly interacted with them.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I had some friends that are in the marketing and advertising space in the Twin Cities who I reached out to. My sister did some additional research online and ran across Tungsten Branding. I filled out their questionnaire online and told them what I was looking for and my budget. After I spoke with Phil on the phone, we decided to work with them.

We invested around $30,000.

Our engagement with Tungsten Branding ran from October 2015–May 2016.

I’ve had great feedback from our clients and consultants. We even get unsolicited comments from candidates and industry colleagues about our name and branding. The feeling it creates in people is positive. The tagline they came up wit, “Elevate your success,” really speaks to what we do. It all works well together.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Tungsten Branding is great and very timely. We primarily communicated over the phone but I would also email them about less pressing matters. Even now, when I have a question I know Phil will get back to me.

Tungsten Branding really gets it, they ask great questions and come up with great solutions. When Phil and I first met, he got right to the meat of it. He figured out who we wanted to be as an organization and where we wanted to get.

I feel like Phil really, truly understood me and my vision for the organization. Everything else fell in line. He got the naming and the branding all right. It was a really fun process, he didn’t overcomplicate it at all, which I really appreciated.

No, we had a great experience. I’ve referred several people who are looking to rebrand or start a new company to Tungsten Branding.

Be clear on what you’re looking to do and trust in their process. They will shepherd you through the process. It’ll be a successful, awesome experience.

Overall Score They did a great job and were fun and easy to work with.
    They actually pushed me to get things done.
    I feel like we got a very good value for what they did for us.
    I love what they came up with and the experience I had with them.
    I’ve already referred them to several individuals.

Naming & Branding Services for Logistics Company

“Their creativity set them apart.”

Aug. - Oct. 2019

Tungsten Branding executed naming services, overseeing three rounds of names and providing research before landing on one that best captures a logistic company’s vision. They also created a new logo.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Derek Hollowoa
President & Owner, Reliage, LLC

They delivered a name and logo that perfectly conceptualize the company’s look and feel. The team provided actionable insights and research, which resulted in not just a rebrand but also a brand discovery. Although they went over the timeline, they otherwise managed the project well.

I’m the owner of a freight brokerage. We’re a newer B2B company that does transportation and logistics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

I originally named my company after my last name, which is difficult to spell and pronounce. I hired Tungsten Branding to rename and rebrand the company.

Tungsten Branding provided naming services and created our logo. We went through several rounds of names. During the first round, they figured out what direction I wanted to go in. From there, we picked 3–4 different naming avenues. Reliage was actually number three in the first round, but we ended up having two more rounds.

We continued to narrow down the names, and I went back through all of the names during the third round. I eventually chose Reliage because it fit with my vision for the company and what I wanted the brand rationale to be.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I Googled best marketing or branding companies for naming and found Tungsten Branding. I looked at a couple of other companies, but I decided to go with them because I read some of their reviews on Clutch.

My company spent $10,000.

The project lasted from August–October 2019.

The name and the logo have the look and feel that we wanted; they evoke the vision I had and have for the company going forward. Overall, it was a successful project.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They did pretty well in terms of project management. We communicated via phone and email. They also used a robust branding suite that had all of the project’s information in it. I could easily access the suite or give someone else access to it if I wanted to get their feedback on the name or logo.

The only thing I’d request to be different was the group calls because I sometimes couldn’t hear people on their end. It would’ve been nice to have people on individual phones rather than on one phone on speaker. Ideally, we would’ve been in the same city so we could’ve sat down face-to-face; however, I think they would’ve been open to that had I requested it, so I can’t fault them for that.

Their creativity set them apart. Renaming your company is a unique exercise; it sounds easy until you’re doing it. Tungsten Branding was good at giving unbiased counsel. They also provided me with research so that I could form my own interpretations and see things in a different light.

The only thing they could improve on is that they proposed a name that they should’ve known I wouldn’t like. I know they were trying to be creative and gage where I was, and this was in the second round, but I felt like we wasted energy.

Be prepared with what you want and be openminded to learning about your company itself. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted, and a few things changed. This project was a rebrand, but it was also somewhat of a brand discovery. Just seeing some of the names and rationale made me consider certain things regarding branding that I hadn’t before. Things will change, so be ready to help Tungsten Branding get on the right track.

Overall Score The overall experience was good. It was unfortunate that we went over our timeline.
    We went over our timeline; however, as I said, this was a unique and difficult undertaking.
    I feel like I got the most value for cost.
    The quality of service was great and the deliverables were good.
    I’ve worked with them before and am comfortable with them, so it would be easy to tell a referral what to be prepared with.

Rebranding for Masonry Restoration Company

"We launched the name four years ago, and we’re still getting positive comments and feedback on it."

Feb. - Sept. 2015

After conducting initial research, Tungsten Branding delivered a set of names and brand concepts to a building restoration company. Other deliverables included sample websites, tag lines, colors, and logos.

Griffith, Indiana
Don Zuidema
President, RestoreWorks Masonry Restoration

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the impact that the new name brought and continues to bring. Flexible and invested, Tungsten Branding went above and beyond to gather as much information as possible before delivering exceptional concepts and ideas. Customers can expect high caliber work.

I’m the president at RestoreWorks Masonry Restoration. We perform external repairs and restoration on commercial buildings in the greater Chicago area and Midwest region. We also do restorative cleaning on old commercial and historic landmark buildings.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

My previous company name was Midwest Pressure Washing and Restoration, and we do a lot more than just pressure washing now. My goal was to brand our company in a way that portrayed our extensive set of services.

I called Phil (President, Tungsten Branding) and went through a lengthy interview process. He wanted to understand our company, our values, our ideal customer, the markets we serve—he tried to get to know our company as much as he could.

We had a series of phone calls, and he gave me some questions to fill out that asked about the work we do, so the services we offer, the types of projects that we’re good at, and the work that we like doing the best.

Once Tungsten had all of that information, they got started on providing different branding ideas. This process took about a month, and we ended up with several iterations of different brands. For each brand concept, they’d give us a sample website and go through their rational. They delivered probably 7–8 distinct concepts.

We were finally able to zero in on one, which was RestoreWorks. There was another option that I had to decide against, but RestoreWorks seemed like it was the best fit for us. We started refining it and went over different tag lines, colors, and logos that could be used. We ended up changing the first version of the logo that they provided.

We also came up with a tagline: "returning value, restoring pride". That’s the same language that we use in our purpose statement. We’ve built our whole brand on those principles. Once that we solidified, Tungsten advised us on how to launch the brand to our clients and potential customers.

Phil mentioned two people from his office, but there were other people that I wasn’t aware of. I know of at least three, but I don’t know the exact number. Phil was my main point of contact throughout the entire project.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I was doing a presentation at a meeting for CEOs, and during the feedback section at the end, one of the business owners who was present asked if he could make a suggestion. He advised me that changing my company’s name could be a worthwhile next step.

That night, as I was thinking about what he said, I started Googling for name change companies and found several listings of Phil and Tungsten Branding. The information about him, as well as the information that he’s written in articles, stood out to me.

I called them the next morning, and after talking to him, I realized that they were exactly what I was looking for. I was sold after that first conversation.

We spent $20,000.

We started in February 2015 and wrapped things up in September 2015.

I was at a social function recently, and someone came up to me to say how great of an idea it was for us to rebrand and change our name. We launched the name four years ago, and we’re still getting positive comments and feedback on it.

Everybody in my company thinks it was the right move as well. It helped elevate us to the next stage. We’ve noticed that a ton of architects, engineers, and project managers in our marketplace take us more seriously because of the new brand.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very receptive throughout the whole process. They asked good questions to get to know our company, and I felt like they did know our company well going into the beginning of the process. They were also flexible with making changes that I wanted. They had a story, a rationale for each brand, and that helped us a lot.

During the selection process, I had business associates evaluate the different options, and they voted on which ones they liked the best. Tungsten’s ability to provide detailed stories for each concept made this work very well. We sent plenty of emails back and forth with Tungsten, including the questionnaire, and that worked for us.

They took the time to get to know our company. When I initially called Phil, we probably spent at least an hour talking about my business. He had so many questions, and we hadn’t even signed a contract yet—that was the initial inquiry.

Even after that first phone call, before the process began, I could tell that Phil knew our company well. That’s the most important part of any branding partnership—being able to intimately understand the client’s needs, values, and goals. Phil knew exactly what we were trying to accomplish with our brand.

The ideas, the creativity with the different names and tag lines, was also very impressive. All of the iterations and suggestions were different but also of high quality.

They ranged from giving the feel of an older, more established company to giving the image of a newer, upstart company. They gave me a ton of ideas to consider, and all of them were good.

No, I don’t think so; I don’t have any complaints. I was very happy with the process, from start to finish.

Take the time to do some introspection on yourself and your company, especially your values. Make sure you have a solid understanding of your market and that you can communicate that knowledge to Tungsten. They’ll appreciate it. Be aware, though, that this might require an internal process to gather information and prepare concise messaging.

Overall Score It was an excellent experience overall.
    Everything was complete when they said they would it be. I predicted that it would be a six-month process, and that’s about how long it took.
    I can’t even begin to tell you how valuable their services have been. The cost was very fair.
    They're deliverables are key to the success of our brand.
    I've already recommended them to at least one firm who decided to engage. I’ve referred people to them several times and will continue to do so.

Naming & Logo for Automotive Repair Tools Manufacturer

"You can tell they've been doing this for a long time."

Tungsten Branding supplied naming services for an automotive manufacturing company. Their team also helped with logo design for the new name. They went through five rounds of naming.

Rainsville, Alabama
Keith Lammon
Vice President, Polyvance

Tungsten Branding's new name has led to positive results, increased name recognition, and strong feedback. Their staff was very passionate and knowledgeable about company naming and rebranding practices. They communicated effectively.

I am the vice president of Polyvance. Our company makes automotive plastic repair products. We make plastic welders that body shops use to repair plastic bumper covers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

When we bought the company, we had a really generic name that didn’t fit what we did. From a magazine, we discovered that nobody really knew who we were anyway, so we thought it would be a good time to change the name of the company.

I hired them to come up with a new name for us. They created different names. We didn't like some of them, but we eventually settled on a name that we liked the logic behind. That has seemed to work out well.

We did about five naming sessions at the most as they came up with a good name pretty quickly. They would come up with some ideas; we would talk about them and say yes or no. They would then come back with something else. They also helped us design our logo.

I worked directly with one person, although there may have been other people working in the background.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I found them through a Google search. I liked some of the other names they came up with in the past and decided to give them a try.

We worked together in 2015.

The name change has definitely been for the better. We didn’t have any name recognition before, but we seem to be getting a little bit more now.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They came up with ideas and we reviewed them. It wasn’t too long before they came up with one we liked. We mostly used the phone to communicate.

We didn’t try any other companies, but I do know that the person that runs Tungsten seems very passionate. You can tell they've been doing this for a long time. The person we had was able to put me at ease about the naming process and why a good name was important. They know their stuff about branding, and I thought it came out well.

No, I think they did a good job and we are happy with them.

If you don’t know anything about rebranding, they will hold your hand through the whole process. They make sure you don’t really have to think about anything as they are there to do it all.

Overall Score I can’t imagine it would be better anywhere else.
    I don’t recall having a deadline, but they came up with a name that we liked quickly.
    The value was really good. We didn’t really have to think about it as they handled everything. It must have been a good price for what we got.
    They made it really easy. They came up with a good name and the logic behind the name was pretty compelling.
    The process was so smooth.

Renaming & Rebranding for Legal Services Company

“They showed a high level of sophistication in their work, aligning with what we wanted.”

July - Sept. 2019

Tungsten Branding fronted a rebranding and renaming process for a legal service provider. They provided a brand book and company name in a very iterative, feedback-centered process.

Sacramento, California
CEO, Legal Services Company

While the branding materials and new name have not been made public, the internal team anticipates the success of their upgraded brand image. The team provided an ideal balance of structure and flexibility in the project plan, allowing for communication and minor changes as needed.

I’m the CEO of a company that provides services to law firms. We’re based in Sacramento.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We hired them to assist in renaming and rebranding our company.

We started by completing a questionnaire that asked for information about the company and our brand image. Then, we had a call to discuss our responses. Their team took that information and used it to inform their first-round list of potential names for our company. After providing them with feedback, they were responsible for continuing the naming suggestion process until we narrowed everything down to one.

They also handled brand identity design work, putting together the logo, color scheme, and style guide. In conjunction with that, they developed a tagline for us.

In total, we probably worked with 4–5 people at different stages of the process. We had one person who was in charge of facilitating communications.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

I originally found them on Clutch and liked the fact that they specialized in naming. Because we’re a relatively small company, we also appreciated that they worked with similar-sized companies in the past and understood exactly what our needs were going to be.

We spent under $15,000 for the work.

The project lasted from July–September 2019.

We haven’t launched anything externally, but we had an internal launch for our employees. Everything was well-received, so we were very happy about that. I feel like the name and marketing material have represented us well.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive and have a very clear process for us to follow. That being said, they’re still flexible to accommodate their client’s particular situation. We usually communicate through email, but we took calls with them at each stage of the process. When they were presenting names, we would do Zoom calls to share screens and present website mockups. That gave us a good visual sense of how their work would impact our company. Afterward, we would have a call to provide them with feedback.

They’re a large company compared to most providers that deal with small to mid-size businesses. They seemed a bit more substantial, with a full team to support this effort. The branding and marketing materials they came up with were really nice. They showed a high level of sophistication in their work, aligning with what we wanted.

No, I was pretty happy with the process across the board. They never dropped the ball.

Before we started with them, I spoke with their recent clients. That was very helpful in guiding my decision. If I were to do it over, I’d take advantage of those opportunities even more to gain information on how to make the most effective and efficient process possible. Those conversations were very valuable in learning about their process.

Overall Score It was a great experience.
    They were organized and we never had significant problems with timing.
    They have a great reputation and were affordable.
    They figured out what we wanted, even when we weren’t sure ourselves.
    I’d definitely send someone their way if they needed their services.

Naming for Medical Aesthetic Treatment

"The team at Tungsten Branding thinks of the big picture and every single detail."

July - Aug. 2019

In several rounds, Tungsten Branding performed naming services for a medical aesthetic company looking to name one of their treatments. The team prepared a visual brand story for each naming option.

1,001 - 5,000 Employees

Yokne'am Illit, Israel
Renen Maslov
Product Manager & Head of Body Clinical Affairs, Lumenis

The name is prepared for launch, but internally, all feedback has been positive. Their team is responsive and receptive to all types of feedback. Tungsten Branding’s attentiveness was also noteworthy. Customers can expect a team that goes above and beyond to deliver on their goals.

I’m a global product manager at Lumenis, a medical aesthetic and surgical company that sells medical devices to hospitals, plastic surgeons, and dermatologists.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We hired Tungsten Branding to name an aesthetic treatment we have.

We started the engagement with a brief. We had about three or four iterations, and during each one, their team gave us eight or ten different names. For each name, they prepared a visual story behind it. Their team also looked to see if any web pages were available for purchase and found out the pricing of the domain if needed.

When their team presented each name, we would go back and debate with our internal group. We would come back with any feedback and give directions for the next round. The team at Tungsten Branding provided a package of deliverables through creating a brand story and searching for domains.

We worked with a team of five.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

This is the fourth project we’ve worked with them on. We’ve had several successful branding and naming projects with them.

I believe we’ve invested no more than $100,000.

We worked with Tungsten Branding on this project from July–August 2019.

The team at Tungsten Branding went above and beyond. While they stopped working in August, we wanted to buy the trademark, so we recently closed the project.

We’re about to launch with the name, but we also completed internal surveys. Internally, everyone thinks the name is excellent. Our US team has already started using it.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they’re amazing. There’s no other way to describe it. Their team was responsive, giving feedback every few days. They’re also attentive, striving to understand their customers’ needs.

When we sent them a brief and something wasn’t clear, they scheduled a call to understand what we were looking for. Whenever we gave feedback, positive or negative, they made sure to implement it into the next naming round. The team at Tungsten Branding thinks of the big picture and every single detail. That’s crucial during a branding project.

I was impressed with how they analyzed the market we’re in. To facilitate our needs, they educated themselves on the medical aesthetic market, which isn’t something they usually work with. Their team would take a look at the competition before getting to work, which was nice.

No, there’s nothing I can think. That’s part of the reason we continue working with them on many projects.

The sooner you define what you’re looking for, the better the outcome will be.

Overall Score They’re excellent.
    They deliver on time, and sometimes before.
    They’re a bit expensive, but worth it.
    The way they present their findings and the whole project is very high quality.
    Definitely.

Naming & Graphics for Building Security Company

“They are talented and have a knack for creating an image based on our feedback.”

2008

Tungsten Branding supported branding efforts for a new company, proposing several names based on provided feedback. Once a name was selected, they designed graphics that were posted on products.

Jim Heagney
CEO, DAWGS Inc.

The brand name and graphics are recognizable and have attracted customers since the company expanded into new locations. Tungsten Branding’s team was very creative, coming up with unique and original ideas. They responded to our input quickly which helped them deliver a product that hit-the-mark.

I’m the founder of a company that secures vacant property with a proprietary steel board-up system that we developed.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tungsten Branding?

We were a new company and wanted to create a recognizable brand image that would resonate over time. This included establishing a company name and designing graphics.

First, we met with them to discuss what our company does and how we wanted to be viewed in the marketplace. They then proposed names, and we would tell them what we liked or disliked about them, and they would propose another batch of names based on our feedback. They only did a few iterations before we decided which name we liked best, and then they designed our graphics. Now our brand is visible on our products everywhere.

We worked with two people.

How did you come to work with Tungsten Branding?

There is another company that is similar to ours in that they provide a rental service and you can find their products throughout the city. We really liked their name, and I found that Tungsten Branding came up with their name online.

The project lasted for about a month in 2008.

The brand is very recognizable in our industry, so it has been great! When we expand into new cities, we set up our products and immediately start receiving calls from other potential customers.

How did Tungsten Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything went smoothly. Their feedback was very prompt and on target. We could easily communicate with them via email or phone.

They are talented and have a knack for creating an image based on our feedback. The concepts that they came up with were so unique, I never could have come up with the ideas they did.

No, I don’t think so. We were really happy with our partnership.

Trust the process and follow their lead. They know best.

They never missed any deadlines.
    The brand is worth so much more now, and it’s because of their help. It was an investment, not an expense.
    We didn’t have any problems communicating what we wanted to them.
    I definitely would recommend them.

Bronze