Chicago Photography for Corporate Headshots/Events

My name is Tina Smothers. I began my photography career in 2006 as an assistant to a Chicago commercial photographer. In 2009, I started my own freelance business as Tina Smothers Photography and quickly became one of Chicago’s top-rated actor headshot photographers. I went on to expand into commercial and corporate photography, amassing Fortune 500 clients such as Wells Fargo, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, PR Weekly and the Walton Issacson Ad Agency.

Although I’ve done many other types of photography over the years (jewelry catalogues, interiors, architecture, and products to name a few), today I exclusively shoot corporate, commercial, and magazine assignments.

I have photographed 4 magazine covers, countless executive portraits and headshots, and have documented hundreds of events all over the country including the tenth anniversary of Sept 11 at the World Trade Center memorial in NYC.

I have also had the good fortune to photograph celebrities such as Robin Thicke, Jennifer Hudson, and Mike Ditka, Saturday Night Live’s Nora Dunn, and the group One Direction. My previous career as a social worker combined with my improv comedy training at Second City, the iO Theater, and Under the Gun Theater are what gives me the “bedside manner” and top-notch customer service skills that make my business a success. I look forward to working with you!

Freelancer