The Best Idea Wins

Silver

Scoring media coverage isn't about connections or who you had lunch with last Thursday. In a media landscape where the least number of journalists are generating the most content in history, it all comes down to the idea and tactically creating legitimately newsworthy pitches that the media can roll with. We’re not a cookie cutter agency; not an assembly line. We are Pointman News Creation and we are all about getting you the media coverage you deserve.

Reporters look forward to our emails because they know we don’t waste their time and, as a result, we don’t waste your dollars.

So if you’re ready to try something different and work with a truly creative, results-focused agency, let us be your Pointman!

So what makes Pointman different to Canada’s other PR big wigs? Glad you asked.

Thinking like a journalist is what sets Patrick McCaully, our founder apart. Having started his career in the television news industry, Patrick held editorial roles at CTV National News, City TV and the Global Television Network for eight years before moving over to the world of PR.

At Global, Patrick held the position of assignment editor for over six years. In this job, Patrick routinely suffered through countless horrible pitches from some of the biggest traditional PR agencies in the country and acted as the gatekeeper for what made it on air (and what made it into the trash).

Patrick began his public relations career at one of Toronto’s largest independent firms, where he worked as a consultant and account manager overseeing numerous clients in technology, real estate, consumer and restaurant sectors. Inclined to march to the beat of his own (slightly off-kilter) drum, Patrick moved on to found his own public relations practice.

Simply put, Patrick understands from the inside out what makes an editor sit up and take notice.

2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Pointman is best known as the bold agency behind some of North America’s most successful media-dominating PR strategies, including the internationally known "Dump Trump Tie" campaign (that sold 25k of ties in 3 days), creating  FlightNetwork.com’s infamous Toronto gas for 10 cents a litre giveaway and RateSupermarket.ca’s annual ‘Real Cost of Love’ survey that calculates the cash required to properly court a significant other (by the way its $43,800.08)

Advisor Break Up Cards (Hennick Wealth Management)

It's not me ... It's YOU!

Based on the premise that Canadians are far too polite to fire their financial advisors (even when they are underperforming) Pointman created 'Advisor Break Up Cards' for our client Hennick Wealth Management as a way to politely get out of bad business relationships.

The cards appeared friendly at first, but had an honest poem inside that dismissed the Advisor. The cards were available

for download on the Hennick Wealth site.

Our pitch got major attention and coverage from the business media including: BNN, CP24, Yahoo Finance, CTV (Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver) and the Globe and Mail.

In the end, we secured 33 stories and $478,050 in ad value for our client.

Promise It's Good ...

Canadians are pretty skeptical about the taste of gluten-free baked goods. For our client Promise Gluten Free, Pointman went way over the top creating an elaborate ruse to trick Canadians into trying PGF products without knowing it.

Working with Toronto Chef Nick Liu and setting up a one-day pop-up sandwich shop (that didn't really exist) we served up gluten-free bread to 400 Torontonians

and made them gluten-free believers. The stunt garnered media coverage in The Toronto Sun, Ottawa Sun, Vancouver Sun, Canoe, Canada.com and several other top tier publications.

In the end, our stunt scored massive media coverage with 89 media hits online and in print.

Retail: Are you an 'Undercover Trump Dumper?'

We pride ourselves on being bold at Pointman! We swing for the fences with all of our pitches, but nothing could have prepared us (or our Bay Street menswear client) for the Internet-breaking, international-headline-dominating success of the Dump Trump Tie Campaign!

When Toronto menswear designer Andre Vassi said he wanted to make a big impact for brand awareness and support charity, we created an ambitious PR campaign

to ignite debate on both sides of the border.

The ‘Dump Trump’ tie features small images of dump trucks on the front and a bold ‘Dump Trump’ statement on the back, giving Canadians the chance to weigh in on U.S. politics and potentially be an ‘Undercover Trump Dumper’. The idea was to keep the campaign very lighthearted and humorous.

$25,000 OF TIES SOLD IN LESS THAN A WEEK (FOR CHARITY)

MASSIVE INTERNATIONAL REACH
OF 116,000,000 IMPRESSIONS!

WEBSITE TRAFFIC BUMP
+ 5131 VISITORS DURING 4 WEEKS OF PITCHING!

357 Stories • 63 tV Hits • 31 Radio Hits
238 Online Hits • 25 Print Hits

Ad Value = $11,473,000

Canada's Worst Tap Water (Santevia Water Systems)

For Santevia Water Systems, a home water filtration company, we wanted to create an immediate buzz and brand awareness across the country and come out with a bang.

We surveyed Canadians with a bold question: who's tap water is the worst in the country. Canadians came back solidly convinced that Toronto has the worst!

The debate through media and social media blossomed from there and scored major market hits

across the country for Santevia including Breakfast Television Toronto, The Huffington Post, Yahoo News, Global Radio Toronto and The Epoch Times.

In the end, we secured 26 media hits for Santevia and an ad value of $612,140

Financial: Jiggery-Pokery Jargon Pitch Produces for Investment Advisor Image

Financial: Jiggery-Pokery Jargon Pitch Produces for Investment Advisor

Let’s face it – wealth management isn’t particularly sexy or entertaining. But you know what is? Made-up financial jargon and people who pretend to know what those terms mean. When Hennick Wealth Management came to Pointman! PR to increase brand awareness, we knew we’d have to think outside of the box to land great media hits.

We commissioned a Google Survey to discover how many Canadians would fall for our made-up

financial jargon by inserting the folly terms into serious investment questions, like “Does your portfolio contain ‘white chip’ stocks?” That’s not a real investment, to be clear.

An alarming number of respondents believed that the made-up terms were real, reporting owning investments that did not exist and proving that the hardest words to say in personal finance are ‘I don’t understand’.

17 Stories • 1 TV Hit • 12 Online Hits • 4 Print Hits

Real Estate: Probe With A Poodle Image

Real Estate: Probe With A Poodle

With the notion that many Canadians make major real estate purchases before properly surveying their new neighbourhood, we called in professional back up to endorse our ‘Spy Before You Buy’ pitch.

Employing a private eye (and former homicide detective) to give us actionable data to stake out a neighbourhood, our quirky pitch was both highly inventive and practical to real estate media, offering tips like ‘Probe With A

Poodle’, recommending that home buyers walk their prospective neighbourhood with a dog so you can survey the area and meet the neighbours whilst remaining incognito.

7 Stories • 1 TV Hit • 4 Online Hits • 2 Print Hits

Ad Value = $290,000

Travel: Our PR Plan Caused an International Incident Image

Travel: Our PR Plan Caused an International Incident

We started with a simple idea, long rumoured to be true ... that Americans 'flash' the Canadian flag when overseas to secure better service - but how do you spot a fake Canuck? What are the tell-tale signs of a 'Flag-Jacker?'

We set to work finding a body language expert trained to spot Canadianic contortions and detect doppelgangers. We enlisted Mark Bowden of TruthPlane Inc. and created photos and video to showcase

'Flag-Jacking' 101.

It immediately went 'viral' generating the following unbelievable coverage:

138 Editorial Stories online and in print, radio and television.

USA Coverage on CNN.com , MSN.com, Seattle City and Press, The San Fransisco Chronicle and many websites for major broadcast news stations.

...and generated over
$3 million in Ad Value!

Insurance: We Created Ontario’s First Common Kindness Day

When our insurance client challenged us to stir up some goodwill in the local communities they serve, we opted for the obvious solution: create a provincial holiday out of thin air and give away 1,000 coffees.

We approached ten independent coffee shops to collaborate with The Commonwell on ‘Common Kindness Day’ by paying them to give away 100 free coffees to their customers and encourage each person to pay the kindness

forward.

We positioned The Commonwell as an ‘anonymous benefactor’ behind this day of caffeinated kindness, swearing those involved to secrecy and refusing to reveal our client’s identity to any reporters who asked. The mystery only served to stir up a larger buzz around Common Kindness Day and the ‘mysterious benefactor’ behind it all, generating an outrageous amount of media attention with several reporters filming live segments from the coffee shops and even assisting with coffee deliveries around town.

Financial: Media Loved Our Funny Valentine Pitch Image

Financial: Media Loved Our Funny Valentine Pitch

Media Loved Our Funny Valentine Pitch

It all started with the nugget of an idea – how much does a relationship cost?  (Turns out it's $43,842.08!)

Our team of crack researchers pored over websites and called numerous vendors to get current prices on things like coffee dates, new outfits and apology flowers to properly represent the cost of modern courtship.  Then we turned our attention to budgeting the perfect

frugal wedding. We made sure to choose median costs for items, and not create a top-dollar scenario - after all, we were appealing to the average Canadian, not the Kardashians.

We crafted a news release that frequently mentioned our rate comparison client, with an eye to building valuable links back to the site.

And then – we pitched:

The (very positive) fallout:

Our pitching efforts resulted in 104 news media hits for our client 7 television, 20 radio, 68 online, and 9 in print. and $2million in ad value.

Comprehensive PR Support for Wellness Lifestyle Brand

“Pointman News Creation has a certain level of genius.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Pointman News Creation executes PR for a wellness lifestyle brand. They do market research and media training, create and launch PR campaigns, write press releases, and communicate with all media contacts.

Julie Amar
CEO & Owner, Qi Knows Best

They’ve fostered a positive customer experience by providing guidance through the many challenges associated with PR. Their work has enabled internal stakeholders to expand engagement within Canada and even into the US. Accommodating and timely, the team’s project management exceeds expectations.

I’m the CEO and owner of Qi Knows Best, a wellness lifestyle brand.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pointman News Creation?

I needed help launching my brand.

Patrick (Director of International Media Domination, Pointman News Creation) sat down with me, listened to my vision, and helped me understand the reality of PR and getting myself out there. He did thorough market research to determine who my ideal audience was. Patrick also prepared me with media training, so that I was comfortable doing interviews and being behind a camera.

Apart from coaching and training, Pointman News Creation has helped me launch two PR campaigns. For the first campaign, I was a guest blogger for a filtration system; the second was a Raptors campaign. We have another PR campaign that Patrick will be launching in the next couple of weeks.

Pointman News Creation also does our press releases, which I don’t know how to write. They communicate with all media contacts, whether that’s a news or sports writer. Recently, while I was filming my first videos, Patrick media trained me on the spot.

If I receive any questions on social media, I refer them back to Patrick so that I don’t provide inappropriate medical advice. He researches the topic to make sure our answer is suitable.

Another firm that Patrick recommended runs our social media.

I work directly with Patrick.

How did you come to work with Pointman News Creation?

My best friend is married to Patrick. In all the years that I’ve known them and his professional acumen, I’ve always thought that if I were ever ready to make the jump, he’d be the first person to contact. I approached him gently, asking if he’d be willing to take me on, despite being a smaller client. I was so lucky he took me on.

Total costs have been around $10,000­–$15,000.

We started working together in November 2018, and the work is ongoing.

Working with Pointman News Creation has been a positive experience. I’ve been incredibly happy and excited. The PR campaigns have been the easiest part of this process; everything else has been incredibly grueling. When I sit down with Patrick, he understands what I’m saying and condenses the message to project it to a larger audience. The feedback I’ve gotten on the videos has been unbelievable.

Following the rafter campaign, we saw increased engagement across the US. Different sports networks and publications mentioned me. This was the first time I saw my name attributed to anything outside of Canada.

Patrick also got me, my blog, and my credits listed on the filtration company’s affiliate website. Since then, some health-based companies have reached out, asking me to write other pieces. A lot of these writing offers come in, but I don’t know how to judge or filter them based on merit. I’m able to call Patrick, and he’ll flush them out for me. He tells me whether the offer is legitimate and if my writing will sync with the brand. He guides me through the process to ensure I don’t misstep.

How did Pointman News Creation perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management goes above and beyond what a typical client process entails. Everything is planned and well-executed. It’s so easy to be able to reach someone whenever I need to; I never have an issue contacting them.

Patrick is available any time, day or night. If anyone contacts me regarding collaboration, he’s my first call. He’s always on top of everything. Both of the PR campaigns we’ve done together required very quick turnovers, and I was surprised they delivered on time. When Patrick had an idea for one of the campaigns, I had a day to write it. Then, within 5–6 hours, he prepared everything for the media.

I have a very busy schedule and limited time to take calls and have meetings. Pointman News Creation is very amendable to my schedule. If I can only do a meeting late at night, they’re there and ready to go. I’ve never experienced any issues of disorganization or not having their stuff together. I have a sense of security knowing that.

Pointman News Creation has a certain level of genius. I didn’t know what my audience would be until Patrick did the research and helped formulate the direction I should go in. This allowed me to decide what I should specialize in to coordinate with the right kind of audience.

Being in the wellness community, I’ve come across many people who don’t believe in what I’m doing, but Pointman News Creation is able to separate their beliefs from the work itself.

So far, the process has been seamless. Whenever I visit their office, they have an adorable dog that I’m in love with. I think they should have a second one there.

The benefit of speaking to them is that it will give you a sense of direction and purpose, taking away all the noise and confusion that comes with exposing yourself to the media. They provide a great starting point for launching next-level work that you want to share with the world. Other PR companies aren’t as open at Pointman News Creation, who always has your back.

Overall Score Their process diminished my fear that this would be a complete disaster. They understand how to handle emotions alongside the brand vision.
    They’re always available when I am. I never have to second guess if something is going to get out; it’s always taken care of.
    I feel the value in the work. Since they’re available 24/7, it seems they should be charging more.
    There’s never anything left unturned. If I send something back for editing or proper wording, it gets done.
    I’ve referred them.

Strategy and Marketing for Event Planning Company

"They contributed genius ideas and had a fantastic grasp of how to pitch media members stories they can't ignore."

Feb. - Apr. 2019

Pointman News Creation developed and marketed a pop-up bakery, pitching media members and putting out press releases.

Tina Laquinta
CEO, Modern Concierge

Turnout was steady throughout the one-day event and included everyday people, bloggers, and industry representatives. Pointman News Creation was easy to work with at every stage and demonstrated a clear mastery of media relations.

I’m the CEO and founder of Modern Concierge, a full-service concierge and event planning company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Pointman News Creation?

We needed to create a one-day-only pop-up bakery for one of our clients.

We set out to secure national earned media coverage and brand awareness for a bakery that was new to Canada.

We'd worked with Pointman on several PR projects for other clients. They were the obvious choice.

To promote our client, Pointman came up with the idea for a blind taste test. At our pop-up, consumers weren’t aware that the food they were trying was gluten-free, so their reactions were honest evaluations of the flavor. Pointman executed their plan perfectly, pitching media members and putting out several press releases to drive turnout.

Patrick (Founder, Pointman News Creation) handled our project personally.

From the moment the event started until we closed, there was a crowd lined up to try the food. In total, over 400 Torontonians sampled the product, including multiple bloggers and a representative of the Celiac Association. We also saw 89 earned media hits, which represented hundreds of thousands in advertisement value.

It was impeccable.

No, not that I saw.

Overall Score They're the best PR firm we've worked with.
    It was excellent.
    It's competitive but worth the money.
    They were extremely creative.

Public Relations for Web-Based Platform

“Their viral campaign generated a ton of visibility, making our event the most attended Super Bowl party.”

Feb. - Feb. 2017

Pointman News Creation concocted a viral news story to promote a sports-themed music event.

Joe Paonessa
Founder, Magalive

To circumvent disappointing ticket sales, Pointman News Creation created a buzz within every media outlet within the targeted region. Their team is known for their disruptive engagement, but they managed to exceed expectations with TV and print visibility.

Magalive was a supporting partner of the Super Bash event.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pointman News Creation?

We were in desperate need of media attention to sell more tickets to our Super Bowl party.

They devised a viral PR strategy to create a buzz around our Super Bash party. After sending a music survey to Texas residents, they compiled a list of the worst songs that were ever written about the Lone Star State. Pointman News Creation sent a press release to all of the local music journalists, emphasizing beloved country music legend George Strait getting first place with “All My Ex’s Live in Texas.”

We mostly worked with Patrick McCaully, Pointman News Creation’s founder, owner, and creative director.

How did you come to work with Pointman News Creation?

They’re the first agency that we go to whenever we want to take an edgy and innovative approach.

Their services cost us $15,000.

We reached out to them in a few days before Super Bowl LI in February 2017.

Their viral campaign generated a ton of visibility, making our event the most attended event during the Super Bowl weekend. We generated 44 pieces of media coverage, including television and print; our story was picked up by every morning show in Houston. With more than half a million in ad value, their efforts proved to be widely successful.

How did Pointman News Creation perform from a project management standpoint?

Their frequent phone and email correspondence made our long-distance relationship seem a lot closer.

McCaully is brilliant; within a few hours of our engagement, he created a cunning strategy to promote our unpublicized event. Their work is disruptive yet calculated in pitching stories to the appropriate media outlets. Pointman News Creation knows what’s newsworthy.

They already have the perfect formula for success. We didn’t expect all of the media coverage that we received.

Pointman News Creation is the standard for non-conventional PR strategies.

Public Relations for Children's Fundraising Foundation

"They are lean, agile, and able to pivot quickly."

2001 - Ongoing

Pointman News Creation managed public relations for a fundraising event with celebrity guests and interactive photo ops. They organized volunteers, directed collaboration, and promoted the event.

Board Director, Children's Fundraising Foundation

The event attracted many donations, recruited volunteers, and cast the organization in a positive light. Pointman News Creation combines their plentiful media connections and vast industry knowledge with a creative communication strategy. The quality of their work is consistently outstanding.

I am the board director for a children’s fundraising foundation that raises funds for sick kids and their siblings, specifically by providing access to music and dance therapy. We are based in Toronto but focused on all of Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pointman News Creation?

We needed to facilitate a fundraiser. It was an opportunity to raise our profile, promote the Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, and raise funds.

They were engaged and involved with brainstorming from the very beginning. They presented multiple proposals, helped us drill down into the pros and cons, and the budgeting of the different options.

They helped us liaise with the beneficiary, Sick Kids Hospital. As a hospital, they must adhere to many processes and protocols, and our charity is empowered by volunteers who also have limited resources.

Throughout this process, they also became a sort of conduit between multiple public relations experts. They also maintained in dialogue with their legal and property departments.

In the end, we decided to host an outdoor event at Sick Kids Hospital, which would include some famous musicians helping us with an interactive photo op. They also helped us recruit those musicians, who were a real anchor to the event.

We worked with Patrick [Founder, Pointman News Creation].

They are very good about doing pro bono work for us. We gave it a value of $25,000 CDN ($19,401 USD) at the time.

We started working with them in 2001, and the relationship is ongoing.

We had live eye hits from the biggest station in Toronto, we had nationally recognized award-winning musicians onsite, and we acquired some long-term volunteers and nice donations during the event.

How did Pointman News Creation perform from a project management standpoint?

They were perfect. Organizing volunteers at a major Toronto hospital, and then pulling off the event and follow-up, was incredibly complex. They are very good at asking for feedback along the way.

Patrick used to work in the news industry, which gives him credibility and knowledge of how newsrooms operate. He has a network of past colleagues and friends, and considers pros and cons that only someone that works in the industry would think of. You can train for this work, but he lived it 24/7 and knows what happens behind the scenes.

He has business sense. His outstanding journalism and communication skills helped us improve our stakeholder relations and refine our approach to the musicians that we were trying to attract. He had access to a famous Canadian band called The Barenaked Ladies. We would never have been able to contact them without his network. They really are an outstanding group.

They are lean, agile, and able to pivot quickly. There isn’t a lot of bureaucracy. If you try to get Patrick or his team on the phone, you will talk to them. There is no delay.

Overall Score We have been dealing with them for years, and I continue to refer them to customers and colleagues who are working in Toronto or Canada. If it seems logical, I present them as an option.
    They are great at helping you save face and nudging you along without driving you crazy. If we were close to missing a deadline or needed to get our act together, they ended up prodding us.
    They provide a top-notch service without the five-star price.
    As a global executive and student of graduate business and communication, I have dealt with some of the best and biggest in the world. Point man could compete at any level.
    recommend them all the time. If I think they are appropriate, I recommend them without hesitation.

Public Relations for Mutual Insurance Company

“We moved some of our advertising budget over to them because of their success in getting media traction.”

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Pointman conceptualizes and executes PR efforts, driving earned media engagements through swag giveaways and community-centric campaigns. Media monitoring and reputation management round out the engagement.

Ottowa, Canada
Manager of Communications & Brand, Insurance Company

Pointman’s well-received campaigns generate extensive media coverage across print, digital, radio, and tv. Creative ideas that “go viral” are hallmarks of their work. A deep understanding of the business objectives demonstrates the team’s commitment to delivering a high-quality product.

I'm the manager of communication and brand for a mutual insurance company. We're a member-based company that provides Property and Casualty lines of insurance.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pointman News Creation?

We’re a fairly new brand—created when three insurance companies amalgamated in 2014—so people didn’t know who we were. While we had an advertising plan, we needed a public relations plan to generate earned media coverage and get our name out there.

Pointman took the time to really get to know us and understand what makes us different. As a member-based institution, customers own a piece of the company and have voting rights when they purchase insurance with us. They also learned about our connection to the communities we serve. Their best ideas focused not on insurance products but on creating events or other opportunities to give back to the community.

They've done various campaigns with us. Some were public service like the "Steer Clear of Deer" campaign to caution people to be aware of animals in the road. Another one was called Common Kindness Day that grew out of a conversation about what we can do to build communities and why communities are so important. They launched that a year ago with advertising and they got several local coffee shops involved in a “pay it forward” effort.

We actually moved some of our advertising budget over to Pointman because of their success in getting media traction. They’ve also helped us with reputation management when we have customer complaints.

There's a team of people that I work with but everything is funneled through an operative [project manager]. I also deal with Pat McCaully [founder, Pointman News Creation].

How did you come to work with Pointman News Creation?

I was pretty new to this area of business so I got Pat’s name as a referral from a colleague. Once I met with him and he took the time to explain how things in PR really work, it was an easy decision.

Work began around March of 2014 and is ongoing.

For the "Steer Clear of Deer" campaign, they suggested we have some swag items to give away and used that to generate media interest. A ton of media outlets latched onto the story because of the free items. The story got a lot of attention in print, online, and through tv interviews.

The Common Kindness Day campaign was also an incredible success. Their coffee shop idea helped it go viral in earned media. They’ve shared with me what it would cost if we’d had to pay to generate the same amount of readership and the number was huge.

How did Pointman News Creation perform from a project management standpoint?

We work with Pointman to create a plan before every project or event and I haven't had any issues. For every campaign they give me a coverage book that has a live update of all news hits. It shows readership, interaction with the media, who's picking up the story, copies of articles, and links to other pieces.

What’s really impressive is that Pat truly knows the business because he worked on the other side. He knows what does and doesn't work, what annoys people, and what buzzwords or taglines get people to stop and read that next line.

I don't think it's specific to Pointman but it seems that everything in PR is very time sensitive. They'll come to me and say we need this now. It’s not that they didn’t plan ahead but it’s because the media has an urgent deadline, like they’re going to print in two hours.

Overall Score I've learned a lot and they've provided a lot of movement on the brand.
    Everything is time sensitive and they're right on top of it.
    I'm getting a lot more bang for my buck than with traditional advertising.
    They've knocked it out of the park on pretty much everything.
    I have already recommended them.

Public Relations & Brand Recognition for Real Estate Company

“Their ideas are astounding.”

2016 - Ongoing

Pointman leads initiatives to increase brand awareness and manages public relations on an ongoing basis. Their services include resource assignment and media pitches, amongst others.

Claude Boiron
Broker, Royal LePage Terrequity Realty

Pointman’s efforts have garnered over $1 million-worth of media exposure and helped generate revenue via inquiries and public follow-up. They manage projects well and are able to address tasks independently, all while procuring exposure in a creative way.

I’m a real estate broker who runs their own team under Royal LePage Terrequity.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pointman News Creation?

We needed exposure through brand recognition. We also had special projects we wanted to do in order to increase awareness around how differently we work from the majority of real estate agents.

We had a few initial meetings to go over what we were trying to achieve. I was pleasantly surprised that Pointman was able to come up with the majority of the ideas. Afterwards, they sent us a few emails and had follow-up phone calls to flesh out the possibilities. It was a matter of being connected to some of their service providers.

The most successful project has been a video. I consulted a videographer that Pointman put me in contact with. We produced the content which Pointman then used to create new releases and pitch to media. We were receiving emails and calls from Pointman asking if we were available for an interview at a media outlet not even two days after we released that video.

We have one project that is 80% complete in regards to the media involved. We have a meeting set up next week to start discussing the next project.

I mainly work with their director of international media.

How did you come to work with Pointman News Creation?

I believe in working with people who are referred to me. Pointman became part of my professional network over a period of years. I started hearing about their director of international media and what his company was doing, including projects he’d worked on with our common contacts. I heard great things about their capabilities.

We’ve spent between $12,000–$15,000.

We started working together in 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

We did an analysis with the larger project they did for me. We had more than $1 million worth of media exposure directly through the story they pitched for us. Both campaigns that we ran with them generated revenue for my business through inquiries and follow-ups from the public.

How did Pointman News Creation perform from a project management standpoint?

They managed it very well considering how unpredictable the media can be.

I’m impressed with their creativity. Their ideas are astounding. They’re the type of visionary company that’s so good that some people may not be able to appreciate them. They’re able to take ideas and tackle them independently.

I love how creative they are in getting exposure as well. I’ve tried running with a few ideas but haven’t gotten anywhere close to what they’re able to do when they see everything through.

They sometimes have an idea they know is so good that they keep it in the forefront even if a client isn’t sure about it. Every time that’s happened, I’ve been convinced that it was the right choice. I may have arrived at that conclusion sooner had they shown me other ideas to compare the first one to.

They do everything they can to keep things on track despite how unpredictable the media is. They could do slightly better.
    I’ve gotten multiple quotes that are mid- or low-range. Pointman’s products and their services are first-rate.
    I recommend them regularly and see no reason why I would stop.

Public Relations for Wealth Management Company

"I believe in their vision and they’ve produced positive results."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Pointman provides PR services for a wealth management firm to produce new leads. They generate strategies and write press releases to attract media attention.

Adam Hennick
Investment Advisor, Hennick Wealth Management

Their solutions resulted in several radio show appearances, as well as mention in a major, national newspaper. They’re transparent about results and adjust tactics when necessary to ensure success. Flexibility on costs make them a beneficial long-term partner.

I’m with Hennick Wealth Management. We’re money managers and wealth advisers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pointman News Creation?

I wanted to generate new leads by raising awareness of my practice and bringing attention to the good things that we do for our clients.

Through a series of campaigns, Pointman has developed unique ideas to help place my business in the public eye. They create press releases in an effort to draw the attention of Canada’s financial press. These targeted news release campaigns typically last around month.

I work with a two-person team that includes Pat McCaully (Director of International Media Domination, Pointman News Creation). Pat comes up with campaign ideas and his partner helps amplify the message.

How did you come to work with Pointman News Creation?

I had written a book about my practice to share with clients and potential clients. A friend of mine recommended contacting a PR firm to promote the material, so I reached out to various agencies. Pointman was the best of the six or seven that I contacted.

While we ended up not focusing on the book promotion, I trusted their vision.

Around $50,000.

We started working together in March 2016 and our relationship is ongoing. We just completed a campaign and have begun developing a new one.

I'm a big fan of what they do. I believe in their vision and they’ve produced positive results. Our first campaign led to a number of new referrals. My business was featured in The Globe and Mail, Canada’s leading business newspaper, and I landed a few radio interviews. Subsequent campaigns achieved similar results, and I’m now on a regular radio show guest.

How did Pointman News Creation perform from a project management standpoint?

The way we work, I typically approach Pat with a need to generate new clients and he develops a unique strategy. Their communication is excellent. They report the progress of any campaigns and provide all pertinent data regarding results. If I’m ever frustrated, they address my concerns immediately. They’re really good at what they do.

They’re focused and they care. We did a video shoot once, and Pat and his team were onset even though they didn’t have to be. They wanted to remain a part of the process.

They’re also flexible. If a campaign wasn’t working, they recognized that fact and shifted focus to a new strategy, keeping the initial financial metrics in place. This shows their personal investment in the success of their clients.

There's always room for improvement, but at the end of the day, they’re the team that I trust the most.

Overall Score I'm very happy with their results and I plan to continue working with them.
    PR can be costly, but they stand behind their ideas and work with me to ensure a return on my investment.
    They articulate their strategies and their transparency allows us to fine-tune solutions to achieve the best results.
    They care about their clients’ success and, most importantly, they generate creative solutions.

Silver