Brand Believers and Digital Dreamers

At PBJ Marketing, we bring strategy, insight, and planning to the table to create beautiful digital solutions. We focus on digital marketing, e-commerce consulting, identity & branding, website design & development, mobile app design & development, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), PPC, Adwords, email marketing, affiliate marketing, and analytics.

PBJ Marketing is proud to represent clients from a variety of industries--including legal, industrial manufacturing, fashion, educational, non-profit, food service, real estate, automotive, and more. We believe great digital solutions start with careful research and evidence-based User Experience (UX) engineering. Everything we recommend, design, and develop is done with your best interests, audience, and business objectives in mind. Working hand-in-hand with our clients, PBJ Marketing develops digital solutions driven by your knowledge of your business and our interactive expertise. Contact us today to learn more.

New York, NY
    641 S St NW
    Washington, DC 20001
    646.770.3271

Content Marketing for Czech Tourism Company

"They [PBJ Marketing] were very thorough and, at the same time, very tech-oriented."

Dec. 2015 - June 2016

PBJ Marketing provided a variety of services for the client including online advertising, a Facebook campaign, and building a landing page in both French and English.

Prague, Czech Republic
Jiri Duzar
Director, CzechTourism USA

PBJ Marketing succeeded as the client’s partner by helping them achieve their goals; the landing page the agency delivered resulted in increased conversion rates and user engagement. The client praises PBJ Marketing for their excellent performance.

I am the director of the New York office of CzechTourism USA.

What challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

We wanted to promote new nonstop flights from Canada to the Czech Republic. We had a campaign with one airline, and we came up with the idea of creating a Facebook contest. It was a giveaway contest for a free trip to the Czech Republic. We were looking for someone who would create a landing page for this contest. We also needed someone to promote the contest, create ads, and manage the whole paid campaign on Facebook.

PBJ Marketing handled just one small project for us. They built the landing page in English and French. We provided the copy for the landing page so they didn't do any creative writing. They built the landing page, the graphics and all the visual components of it. Then, they created a series of online ads and came up with a Facebook campaign strategy. They were responsible for the whole campaign from A to Z, from creative development to implementation and budget control. They delivered the KPIs [key performance indicators] we set at the beginning, and then provided us with a final report.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

It was through a personal recommendation from someone who has worked with them before. I was looking at other companies as well but, after a personal meeting with PBJ Marketing, we felt that we are on the same page for this project. I decided to give it a go and try them based on their references and what they proposed to do.

How much have you invested with PBJ Marketing?

Our spending was slightly less than $10,000 for this project.

We started talking about initial ideas in December 2015. Back then, we were still looking for the right timing to launch the campaign. That's because the nonstop connection between Canada and Prague only started to operate at the end of May. The main workload was done in April, May, and June [of 2016]. We finished up our work with PBJ Marketing in June.

I think that they were able to build a very engaging landing page. We had a very good conversion rate based on how many people took the quiz on the landing page. The final conversion rate was around 44 percent, which was incredible. Of the people who came to the landing page through the ad, 44 percent took the quiz and entered the contest. We had a high level of engagement.

Also, if I look at some analytical information from the website like bounce rate and time spent on the website, the bounce rate was low. A customer spent almost four minutes on our website. That actually shows a very good engagement with the website, so we were satisfied with that point. The Facebook sweepstakes campaign resulted in 600,000 impressions on our ads. The CTR [click-through rate] was somewhere around 1 percent, which was not that bad. As I said, of all those who came to the website, 44 percent did the action we want them to do. That was a very good conversion rate.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They tried their best. I have to say that PBJ Marketing is still a small, young company with a few young professionals who are experienced in doing projects. But, I'm not sure if they have done any major tasks in the last few years. I could tell that after working with them for a short period. Sometimes, we ended up doing the project management on their behalf. Not entirely, but sometimes, some of their employees weren't that organized. After a few misunderstandings, we were able to clear everything up and make sure that everyone is on the same page. We successfully implemented the whole campaign, and the results were very good.

What did you find most impressive about PBJ Marketing?

I would say that these guys try to be innovative. They are very tech-based and are always looking for new trends. They always try to give us many options based on case studies and research. They were very thorough and, at the same time, very tech-oriented. They came up with many interesting apps, devices, and tools that made that campaign successful. That's something I appreciated. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Are there any areas PBJ Marketing could improve?

If there is something that PBJ Marketing needs to improve, it's their project management. As I said, the conversation sometimes got a little tense from that perspective. We should have created a timeline of activities that they were supposed to do at the beginning. We were doing some stuff in the initial phase of the project on the run, so that caused some confusion at the beginning. But, again, we resolved everything. I would say they need a deeper focus on project management.

Digital Marketing for National Osteoporosis Foundation

"I don't speak well of many consultants, but PBJ has always been extremely available, and they work well with their clients."

2013 - Ongoing

The client hired PBJ Marketing for two projects which required general marketing and the design, development, and management of the client’s blog.

Dr. Taylor Wallace
Senior Director, Science Policy & Government Relations, National Osteoporosis Foundation

PBJ Marketing is a valuable and reliable partner. The agency succeeds by helping the client achieve their goals; PBJ Marketing’s contributions resulted in a significant increase in followers for the client. PBJ Marketing is recommended to others.

I have a food and nutrition blog, drtaylorwallace.com, and I am also the senior director of science, policy, and government affairs at the National Osteoporosis Foundation.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

I have worked with PBJ in two different capacities. They developed, designed, and managed my blog, and they have done general marketing for the National Osteoporosis Foundation.

PBJ Marketing has done different types of advertising and have updated the website for the National Osteoporosis Foundation. They do a lot of search engine optimization and are able to help an organization gain a larger following online. They also created a flipbook for people that have recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis that explains the medications and physical activities you should do to prevent the disease from progressing. We've been impressed by them.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

I met them through one of their clients who was satisfied with their work. I was looking for some professional help as I started my blog and, once we met, we hit it off from there. That was three or four years ago.

The cost of the work for my blog was about $10,000, and the work for the National Osteoporosis Foundation is between $50,000 and $60,000.

I've worked with them for a little more than three years on my blog, and I'm very satisfied. We actually just relaunched a new blog with catchy designs. It's fantastic.

I started working with them at the National Osteoporosis Foundation about two and a half years ago, and we are still very engaged with them. I don't even put out RFPs [request for proposals] any more. We exclusively use PBJ Marketing.

Our online community at the National Osteoporosis Foundation has grown substantially. The amount of followers has tripled during the last two years. Much of the stuff that they have designed for us are downloadable pamphlets and informational kits, which are downloaded very frequently.

As for my blog, they created it about three years ago. We now have more than 60,000 followers, and it's been very cost-effective.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They're quick, organized, efficient, and very communicative. I don't speak well of many consultants, but PBJ has always been extremely available, and they work well with their clients. Many times, it's hard to have an online presence in the science field because it's very technical, but they're able to work through that. They are very cost-effective, and they can really rock and roll on stuff.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

Their customer service is fantastic, and I wouldn't say that if it weren't true. They've been fantastic to work with during the last three years, and I'm looking forward to continuing to work with them.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

No. I've been very satisfied with them. They've been great.

Overall Score – They've been really great during the last three years.
    – They've never missed a deadline. In fact, most of the time they're early.
    – They usually come in at about two-thirds of the price of the other firms.
    – They do an absolutely fantastic job with anything they do. The quality of my blog and the material they've made for the National Osteoporosis Foundation has just been top-notch.
    – I have many times.

Paid Media Management for Creative Agency

"Not only do I feel comfortable passing work onto PBJ and knowing it will get done well, but we’re able to collaborate and throw creative ideas back and forth."

The client hired PBJ Marketing to bolster their creative and branding services by handling all projects involving paid media management, campaigns, reporting, and analytics.

New York Metro Area
Co-Founder, Creative & Branding Agency

PBJ Marketing is a valuable and reliable partner. The agency consistently delivers quality work and contributes to successful projects. The client praises PBJ Marketing for their effective corporate culture and recommends them to others.

We are a creative and branding agency in Brooklyn, New York.

I am a co-founder and the Chief Executive Officer/Director of Strategy.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

Though we primarily handle creative and branding projects, we brand ourselves as a full-service agency. When our clients come to us in need of something that’s out of our purview, we turn to our network for those services. We needed a partner that we could use on a more consistent basis in order to offer our clients a more robust suite of services.

We have a partnership with PBJ, so any client we work with that needs paid media management through social media, AdWords, or any other platform, will be referred to them. We manage the creative and strategy, and PBJ manages the campaigns, reporting, and analytics.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

I found out about them through a mutual connection that I work pretty closely with. I set up a phone call and it was clear that we have similar cultures. We decided to work together about six months ago.

We work with them on a management basis for our clients’ paid media, so it’s a monthly recurring agreement that continues as long as we have the client. Over the course of a year, we will have spent between $10,000 and $50,000.

Given that our relationship is a partnership, I foresee it lasting indefinitely. We bring each other clients and are therefore mutually beneficial to one another. We each have our respective strengths, and when we work together, it works very nicely.

One example I have is from a client in the industrial manufacturing and sales space for HVAC equipment. Since PBJ has taken over their paid media activities about three months ago, they’ve doubled the number of leads they’re getting per month and have dropped the cost of acquisition by half.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I work pretty closely with the founders, Phillip and David, and communicate with them at least a few times a week regarding various clients. The quality of their work and delivery has been very consistent and very high. They make it extremely easy for us to operate as the middle man. Since they operate as a white label service provider to us, they provide unbranded reports that we can add our own information to and label as our own. Everything is very smooth and easy.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

Working with PBJ has been our first time going outside of our agency for paid media management, and the transition has been very easy. I am able to trust their judgment and expertise so that when I’m communicating with my clients about something that PBJ has done, I can feel good about the fact that if they say it’s going to work, it will work.

Additionally, they have a great company culture and method of operating that really aligns with ours. They are innovative and creative in the way that they approach the work, which cannot be said about a lot of other agencies. Being data driven is great, but they also add a human aspect that rounds out their work.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

Right now they’re in a growth phase, which will benefit us and their other clients in the long run, but has slowed down their turnaround and response time in the past couple of months. They approached us beforehand and let us know that their hiring was going to cause a bit of a bottleneck, which was really great in the sense that they were holding themselves accountable.

Overall Score – We have a complimentary set of services. Not only do I feel comfortable passing work onto PBJ and knowing it will get done well, but we’re able to collaborate and throw creative ideas back and forth.
    – Like I mentioned, things have been a little delayed lately, but there was accountability there. They’re still mostly consistent with everything.
    – Their pricing model is pretty competitive, but they’re very flexible since this is an agency to agency relationship and we need to share revenue. If the client needs to stick within a budget, they’re more than willing to figure out how we can both
    – This is my first experience outsourcing, but they’ve been able to achieve great results.
    – I am 00% recommending them. Any time we bring on a new client, they are our go-to guys. If I had any other friends or colleagues that are looking for the same type of services, they would be the first people to come to mind.

Digital Marketing for Custom Shoes Retailer

"PBJ Marketing falls into the 20 percent of agencies who truly partner with you to help you achieve your business goals."

PBJ Marketing provides a variety of services for the client including content creation, customer retention, and research on strategy, competitors, and competitive landscape.

Spain
Randy Shuken
Co-founder, Quero Shoes

PBJ Marketing is a reliable and valuable partner. The agency succeeds by helping the client achieve their goals; as a result of PBJ Marketing’s contributions, the client’s search rankings and online visibility improved dramatically.

We're a startup online retailer that to provides made-to-order shoes handmade in Spain.

I'm one of the co-founders.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

First, we wanted to understand our market position and competition in the digital market. We also wanted to set up a strategy to get better recognition and stronger ROI [return on investment] from our marketing efforts. We wanted to work on our social media and traditional digital advertising.

PBJ Marketing has provided research on our strategy, competitors, and competitive landscape. They did an SEO [search engine optimization] audit of the site, created a blog to improve our ranking, and designed content for multiple special events invites. We're currently developing our go-to-market advertising and customer retention plan with them.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

I interviewed a bunch of agencies that I found through referrals and through the WeWork coworking network. I was looking for a smaller agency that was agile and used to working with startups. We needed more attention and focus.

We spend an estimated $60,000 to $100,000 yearly.

We've been working with them for about five months. We consider them an agency of record, meaning that they have a pivotal role on our team. They provide us with connections to other providers, and they help us coordinate, schedule, and manage other vendors. We're about to enter into the next phase of our relationship, which is the heavy roll out and launch of our targeted online advertising.

We will be getting more specific metrics in the next two to four months, but I know that when we started with them we were far from the first result in searches and now we're all over the place. We're highly visible, and we catch all the terms for our category and name. They also supported us on a pop-up we recently did in New York City, which generated more than 800,000 mentions on social media.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

We've asked them to provide specific project management capabilities for our launch. They were integral in putting together all of the different pieces, including customer service, printing materials, in-store details and social media. They've been kept in the loop and have taken on a central role in terms of overall project management that is way beyond the purview of their role and market.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

The founders are very available and committed to their clients, and they make you feel like you're part of the same team. Their team has strong, complementary skills in strategy, digital marketing, metrics, and other key areas that get things done. They're balanced and make themselves available to clients like me.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

Not right now. As the relationship progresses, we'll be getting into more measurable work like conversion rates, ROI, and so on. At this point, they've done everything that we've asked them to extremely well.

Overall Score – It's been very good. There are always areas for improvement on both sides, but it's been very strong so far.
    – They've managed schedules and met deadlines regularly.
    – They give you high value for the cost.
    – I say that only because there are future deliverables that are crucial to us that I haven't seen yet.
    – I already have recommended them, and would do so again. There's a large universe of agencies, and I would say 80 percent are not as competent or as dedicated as one would hope. PBJ Marketing falls into the 0 percent of agencies who truly partner with

Digital Marketing for Education Startup

"PBJ is an awesome team to work with to learn some new strategies and get a handle on your market."

PBJ assisted the client with integrating marketing and analytics into their apps, and improving their visibility in app stores. They provided services in analytics, paid search, social media, and app store advertising.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Director of Marketing, Education Startup

PBJ established a solid foundation for the client's new in-house team that included drastic improvements in site design, increase in traffic, and growth and retention in social media accounts. The client praised their transparency.

We are an education tech start-up. We create SAT, ACT, and TOEFL prep products for students. We’re largely app-based, but we also do Internet-based tutoring.

I am the Director of Marketing.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

When we started with PBJ, all of our products were app-based, so we needed experts who understood how to both integrate all of our marketing, analytics, data, and channels into our apps, and also effectively improve our visibility both in the app stores and in the broader education market.

I was actually brought on initially as a way to support PBJ’s efforts. When they were first hired, they handled all of our marketing efforts, which included everything from implementation of analytics to paid search, social media marketing, app store advertising, and app integration.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

My company hired PBJ because they were expanding and didn’t have all the necessary marketing capabilities in-house.

It falls in the range between $50,000 to $200,000.

We began working with PBJ about a year and a half ago [early 2015]. We no longer work with them because we now have in-house marketing capabilities. We had an awesome experience with them and they absolutely laid down the foundation that we needed in terms of technical implementation and direction. Once all of that was set up, we transferred it to an internal team and amicably parted ways.

We saw a dramatic improvement to our website design and an increase in traffic. We saw improvement in our app downloads and rank in both the Android and iTunes app stores. We also saw significant growth and retention on our social media accounts.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Along with their technical know-how, their project management was what I was most impressed with. PBJ does a very good job of determining exactly how frequently you want to be in communication, and making sure you know exactly what’s going on with them. They are very receptive to feedback and they provide very detailed reporting at the end of each month, or more frequently if you request it. Their project management was absolutely excellent and very transparent.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

I would first say as a general note, I had an absolutely incredible experience working with them, and we continue to be in touch even though we’re not necessarily working together. PBJ offers two things that are absolutely key for a good marketing agency. First, they have the savvy and the know-how, but also the willingness to learn something new if they need to for a client. I have never seen a team that learns as fast and is able to adapt to new problems as well as PBJ Marketing.

Secondly, their team is super transparent and happy to keep you in the loop. For anyone that wants to improve their own marketing knowledge, PBJ is an awesome team to work with to learn some new strategies and get a handle on your market.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

Personally, I had a great experience working with them directly. One area that my team would have been more interested in is cost assessment. If you’re not familiar with marketing it can be hard to understand the cost of things.

Overall Score – I’ve definitely had a very good experience with PBJ, and I continue to find opportunities to work with them now.
    – We never had issues with scheduling or timelines.
    – They are very cost effective and very ROI [return on investment]-oriented, which was really great. For people who aren’t familiar with marketing, there may be some lack of clarity in terms of how much they should be spending on their brand. Beyond that,
    – The deliverables we got were always very high quality, and we still refer to them even today. The service they provided was absolutely excellent and timely. There’s some slowness when you’re adapting to a new market and a new product, so I can’t give it
    – This is not the first time I’ve recommended them.

Website Redesign for Sports Bar

"PBJ has really heightened my business through my website, and have made it easier to gain customers and build my brand."

Jan. 2014 - Ongoing

With the goal of making their website more robust and user-friendly, the client hired PBJ Marketing to bring the site to a new platform and make strategic recommendations.

Doug Schantz
Owner, Nellie's Sports Bar

PBJ Marketing delivered an effective website that contributed to increased traffic for the client. The client has no complaints for the agency’s performance, praises them for exceeding expectations, and highly recommends PBJ Marketing to others.

Nellie's Sports Bar is a sports bar located at U Street N.W., in Washington DC.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

We were trying to make our website more robust and user-friendly. Our site was sufficient when we opened nine years ago, but it didn’t have a lot of the functionality that we needed after being in business for so long.

PBJ Marketing brought us to a new platform and recommended a couple of ideas that were much more user friendly. Our site is now much more visual and interactive, and it allows users to search for information on nightly events. It also collects information from our users, like their birthday and address, which allows us to engage with them on a new level. After nine years, we had a lot of pictures of Nellie’s that we wanted to post, and we wanted customers to be able to post their own pictures as well. PBJ set that up for us.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

One of the owners was a friend of mine, and I had been mentioning that it was time to update the Nellie’s website. I either spoke directly with Phillip [Co-Owner, PBJ Marketing] or one of my friends that suggested I reach out to them.

Total expense was between $10,000 and $50,000.

The project started in January of 2014, and it's ongoing. They manage our site.

We host a lot of parties, birthdays, and events at Nellie’s, and we encourage people to click on a button that says “Reserve a Room” or “Contact Us About Events” when they want to schedule something. We went from maybe one inquiry per week to about five or six now.

I also recently got an email from Google saying that 1.5 million people have viewed and responded to the photographs on our site, which is really impressive. PBJ Marketing has really helped us online because we’re much more relevant and accessible now.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

PBJ was very good. They started by exploring the scope of work and determining the things we needed. We realized the main necessity was to modernize the site and then explore other options like online retail sales, mailing lists, or collecting other data. They managed everything from soup to nuts, and were always accessible both personally and online. We got a lot of attention from them at the beginning, which we needed. Now they interact with someone at the restaurant maybe once a week or so, and they always respond immediately when we have a question.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

They get the market, they’re up to date on cutting edge technology, and they make it easy for lay people like myself to utilize that in marketing terms. They’ve really heightened my business through my website, and have made it easier to gain customers and build my brand.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

No. For the size of the business they are running, they exceed my expectations. They're not a large ad agency, and they provide what they promise.

Overall Score – They're definitely a terrific partner.
    – They helped us understand what they can actually deliver within a timeframe and they kept up with that promise.
    – They're very affordable.
    – They have not missed any deliverable. The quality is professional and friendly.
    – It's a catch I don't like to spread them out too much, but obviously, I'd recommend them.

Online Marketing for Digital Agency

"PBJ is always interested in learning new things, and they are very enthusiastic about what they do."

2015 - Ongoing

The client hired PBJ Marketing to handle all of their projects regarding pay-per-click, social media marketing, and Google AdWords.

Baltimore Metro Area
Michael
CEO, Digital Agency

PBJ Marketing performs well by consistently delivering quality work and decreasing the client’s client acquisition costs. The agency is praised for their detailed reporting and straightforward communication style.

We are a full-scale digital marketing agency. We provide SEO [search engine optimization], pay-per-click, website design services, and social media marketing for small to medium-sized businesses.

I'm the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

We were looking to outsource our online advertising services because our margins were lower when we were doing it in-house. The amount of work for the results we wanted didn't allow for us to keep it in-house.

We hired PBJ Marketing to partner with us, manage Google AdWords for our clients, and handle advertising on Facebook, Bing, Yahoo, and so on. When a client of ours is looking to advertise on Google, we bring in PBJ Marketing to consult with them and talk about their goals online. PBJ then works with them to determine what budget is the minimum to get great results. They set up the entire thing, and they provide awesome reporting every month.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

I've known David [Bosley] and Phil [Reinhardt, cofounders of PBJ Marketing] for many years. We started our companies at the same time and spent a lot of time brainstorming ideas together. We have different business models, but we are able to help each other out in areas that we excel in. PBJ is awesome for online advertising, pay-per-click, Google advertising, and Facebook. We specialize in the SEO area.

Total cost is around $30,000 to $40,000.

We started working with them about a year ago, and we consider them one of our trusted partners. Sometimes, we white label each other's work, but most of the time we're very transparent about the fact that we partner with companies we think do amazing work.

One of the most recent reports we received from one of our clients who is engaged in a pay-per-click campaign with PBJ has decreased the amount of money it costs to acquire a client from their online ad by 300 percent. The number of impressions and engagements on the website from ads has markedly increased since PBJ has set up and optimized their pay-per-click campaign. Prior to PBJ, the average time on the website from an ad was 30 seconds, and now it's about a minute and a half. PBJ has figured out how to acquire highly engaged, highly interested people from the ads that they've set up.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

It's simple and straightforward in terms of how we communicate. They're organized and they get their work done on time or early. We communicate over the phone or email, and when I reach out I usually hear back the same day, if not, within 24 hours. Their reporting is very detailed and looks good. Most reporting is done on spreadsheets, but they send out nicely designed PDFs.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

PBJ is always interested in learning new things, and they are very enthusiastic about what they do. David heads up the pay-per-click initiative, and he's always testing out new ideas. He understands all different types of businesses. I completely trust him because he has the same level of excitement that I have and that my clients demand.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

No. There isn't anything.

Overall Score – It's been smooth sailing. They're fun to talk to and the work is great. I've learned a lot in the process.
    – Super easy to schedule with. They use an online scheduler.
    – I think they're competitively priced.
    – Their deliverables are always well thought out even when the result isn't exactly what I want.
    – I recommend them all the time.

Web Development for Pell Center

"PBJ’s level of professionalism was outstanding, and the final product was exactly what we were looking for."

2015 - Ongoing

The client hired PBJ Marketing to provide Web development services which required work on their website's architecture, design, and template pages.

Newport, RI
Jim Ludes
VP for Public Research & Exec. Director, Pell Center

PBJ Marketing consistently delivers quality work and succeeded by contributing to an effective website. The client praises the agency for their customer service. The client has no complaints for PBJ Marketing and recommends them to others.

The Pell Center is a public policy research institute that’s focused on the intersection of politics, policies, and ideas. We do research studies, public events and forums, community engagements, and a whole host of things to increase the public’s understanding and awareness with the ultimate goal of helping public leaders make better decisions.

I am the Executive Director.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

As a part of the Salve Regina University, we were part of the main university website. Though the university was great, they had so many other responsibilities that we were not getting the kind of responsiveness that we needed as an organization with a contemporary business function. We also didn’t have the functionality that we needed to be able to deliver the kind of content we wanted online.

We hired PBJ Marketing to build our website. They used WordPress, which allows us to have maximum editing and control capabilities. They constructed the architecture, design, and look, as well as multiple template pages that allow us to add new content and keep it fresh while staying within that original architecture. They then integrated all of that with our social media platforms to create an interactive web experience that blends a whole range of content from stationary text to multimedia.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

They were referred to us by another think tank that I used to run, who had recently updated their website with PBJ. We talked to a number of firms and ultimately settled on PBJ because of their price point and designs. We were impressed with the past work that they had done and were confident that they would be able to satisfy our needs.

Total cost was under $10,000.

The engagement with PBJ began in the spring of 2015. The final website was delivered in a matter of months. It was a relatively quick build and a straightforward process. They continue to provide technical consulting for us at an hourly rate.

We have seen a steady growth in user engagement. Part of this is due to the redesign work that PBJ did for us, but another part is due to the fact that we are producing a lot more original content because we can. PBJ didn’t only build us a website, they gave us the means of delivering information to our audiences so much more effectively.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked with a number of different companies to build different websites at different places, and they were terrific. They were efficient and provided multiple options to choose from. They were flexible if we needed to tweak something and were highly competent if we had an issue or a question. A lot of companies have good technical skills and lousy customer service, but PBJ has both. They were terrific to work with and met all of the parameters and deliverables. It never felt like we had to compromise on what we wanted to achieve. The site we wanted is the site that we got.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

I would really reiterate the ease of working with them, their commitment to customer service, their creative and contemporary design, and the price point. Everything that was important to us, they absolutely hit out of the park.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

Honestly, I don’t think so. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Overall Score – They made it easy. PBJ’s level of professionalism was outstanding, and the final product was exactly what we were looking for.
    – That was one of the things that really shocked me. I’ve worked with companies that give you deadlines and then blow right by them. PBJ was terrific about that.
    – They were not the cheapest agency that we looked at, but they were by far the least expensive of the firms that had the level of sophistication and the design that we wanted.
    – Everything that we hoped for, they were able to deliver.
    – In fact, I have recommended them.

Digital Marketing for Media Company

"I'm not afraid to have PBJ Marketing talk to or meet with my clients directly."

PBJ Marketing acts as the client’s digital marketing partner. The agency provides Web development, content creation, and social media marketing services.

New York Metro Area
Wayne Lee
President, Wayne's World Media Group, LLC

PBJ Marketing performs well as the client’s partner by consistently delivering quality work and contributing to increased traffic and visibility. The client praises PBJ Marketing for their responsiveness and recommends them to others.

My organization is a marketing communications agency based in New York. We work with countries that want to market to North Americans for advertising and travel.

I am the President of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

I partner with PBJ Marketing on a regular basis whenever I need any type of digital marketing. I originally used them for website creation and content and social media marketing.

PBJ has built websites, microsites, newsletters, and e-books for a handful of my clients. They also assist us with optimizing those sites and maintaining the databases. We also use them to help us with advertising and social media marketing for our clients.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

One of my clients met them and referred them to me. We were looking to launch a new website at that point, so the timing was good. I called them in to meet and from there I decided to bring them on board.

The cost of our projects fluctuates between $10,000 and $25,000, but I anticipate we might have some this year that will hit $50,000.

Our relationship is ongoing. We currently have five projects in the pipeline.

I don't have hard numbers for any of my projects, but I can judge by how successful the campaigns have been. We have worked on projects for restaurants before and those have all been very successful at increasing customer traffic and business. Many of our other projects are to help promote travel and tourism to countries such as Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. We typically measure success by how much visibility we get to our sites and content, and every project has been successful in that way.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

PBJ Marketing is very good at determining what resources are needed for each project, which is probably why we work so well together. They have a great sense of which people we need and what other support or connections we should leverage. They can scale their work very easily, which makes them a very valuable partner.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

They are very easy to work with, and they will hop on a phone call with you and a client in a heartbeat. They are very open when a client asks them about a particular campaign, and they are always polite. I'm not afraid to have PBJ Marketing talk to or meet with my clients directly.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

I know that they are growing, which is a good thing, but it might be good for them to take a step back before they grow too fast.

Digital Marketing for International Relations Company

"I've worked with many digital marketing and PR companies and PBJ Marketing is the best I've worked with."

PBJ Marketing provided the client with Web development services. The agency also put together the client’s digital marketing strategy and contributed to their SEO.

Paul Hamill
President, Logan International Relations

PBJ Marketing succeeds as the client’s partner by helping them achieve their goals. As a result of the agency’s contributions, the client’s online traffic increased significantly. The client praises PBJ Marketing for their excellent performance.

My organization is Logan International Relations, a public policy and public affairs company for international clients in the United States and the European Union.

I am the President.

What business challenge were you trying to address with PBJ Marketing?

I was working on a project for one of my clients and needed help putting together a website and digital marketing strategy.

PBJ Marketing put together a digital marketing strategy and developed a very well-designed website for us. They also did some SEO [search engine optimization] and published a LinkedIn and Wikipedia page for my client.

How did you come to work with PBJ Marketing?

I had worked with PBJ in my previous job as COO of the American Security Project. They had redesign their digital platform, which was incredibly complex because it involved migrating millions of web pages onto a new platform. After seeing their success with that, I wanted to work with them again.

My last contract with them was around $50,000.

The majority of the project has been completed, but the digital strategy component is ongoing.

Since this is a brand new site, there is nothing to compare it to, but it's been very well received. The site is connected to Facebook and LinkedIn, which has been tremendously helpful and has driven a lot of traffic.

How did PBJ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I gave them the scope of work, and they created a timeline from that. Everything worked out, and they exceeded expectations.

What distinguishes PBJ Marketing from other providers?

I think this is twofold. PBJ really brings a personal relationship to the project, I didn't feel like just one of their clients. Secondly, they actually understood the strategic aim of the project – policy-wise. They put in the effort of familiarizing themselves with the situation and got what we were trying to do.

Is there anything PBJ Marketing could have improved or done differently?

No. Not from my point of view.

Overall Score It has just been fantastic. I've worked with many digital marketing and PR companies and PBJ Marketing is the best I've worked with. That's why I continue working with them.
    They met all the deadlines.
    We put the bid out to several agencies, and PBJ came in at the best value for money.
    Their work is very high quality and on time.
    I refer them all the time.