Consider It Developed

GBKSOFT is a Web and Mobile Development company. We are focused on delivery of stable and efficient software solutions that boost revenues of our clients’ businesses.

Technologies we’re honing our skills in for 6 year:

Web and Mobile Backend development: PHP / Yii2 / Node.js / MySQL / Postgre.sql / JSON / XML / AJAX / Sockets. IO./Apache

Web Applications & Sites: JavaScript /HTML / CSS / jQuery / Angular.Js.

Android Apps: Java / Android SDK / Gradle / Maven/Android watch2.0.

iOS: watchOS and tvOS: Swift / iOS SDK / REALM / SQL / Sockets.IO / CocoaPods and more than 27 thousand of different libraries that go with it.

Our working experience totals more than 412,000 working hours of development. Taking into account the 10,000 Hour Rule, we have become Development Masters 40 time already.

We pay great attention to the client service and communication with customers. We dedicate 20% of our time to communication with our clients, 10% to project planning while each and every second is spent on hard work. Thanks to this approach some of our clients work with GBKSOFT since its foundation in 2011.

Here is the list of industries, in which we have the highest proficiency and vast code base:

• Job Boards
  • Trading Systems
  • Social Media Platforms Sparkle Case Study
  • Business Management Tools
  • Software as a Service (SaaS)
  • Travel & Booking Portals
  • Educational Websites
  • Gambling & Betting Web Apps
  • Sport & Fitness Platform
  • GEO based/location based Platform Drophook Case Study
  • Taxi Platforms
  • Chats

All development process is held in close collaboration

Kyiv, Ukraine
    Ukraine
    +38 063 365 8872

• PEI Services
  • Lee RidingContent limited to 2000 characters, remaining: 315
    Switch to plain text editor
    Key clients
  • Aaron Betz
  • Michael Storan
  • David Walker

Sparkle case - Social instant chat

The smartphone can be a great time killer while waiting for a bus or a friend. You can dive into a game or scroll Facebook newsfeed. Sparkle Chat aims to transform time killing into time spending by preserving the fun and bringing new connections.

Here you can find public chats going on nearby or at your exact location and join them. Turning strangers into neighbors can bring a lot of benefits after all.

Sparkle Chat is super easy to join and dive in. You can login via Facebook to find a party nearby or a lunch buddy. Sparkle lets you create as many chats as you want and keep in touch with people you liked for as long as you are interested in.

The client came to us with only an idea to connect people nearby with a chat when they need to kill time. We grew this idea into something bigger, a social network where you can easily turn strangers into neighbors....

Drophook Case - Social network application

The client came to us with a simple idea of creating a fishing community application. Being a fishing lover himself, he expanded this idea into a big app full of features and benefits. So we concentrated on the creation of a social network for fishing lovers that allowed finding like-minded people and would serve as a database where users could find recommendations and insights.

When it comes to fishermen, they love to boast their catch on social networks to people who have the same interests. Now, they have new tool that not only allows social sharing, but also includes weather maps, radars and forecasts to find favorable fishing times, updates and tips on the best tackle to use, tournaments to participate and compete in, a fish measures to boast with catches and compare their achievements with others, in-app purchases of tackles and a whole lot more. Here is a story of...

Apache Case - Aviation study guide

Apache - case page

This app includes over a dozen different Publications that you may view online or offline, as well as all Student Handouts covering the Apache. It also has multiple AWRs that you may reference. it is perfect for those who look for a specific question or class about the Apache? Sign up for the Forum and post your comments or questions and your fellow Apache brothers and sisters can reply with answers, or even send you a class for a specific subject.

Application also contains over 700 flash cards covering almost 20 different subjects. Flash cards will cover a wide variety of questions that can assist for general knowledge or that upcoming APART. There’s a dedicated “APART” study button that compiles all questions for your review. Flash card interface will also allow you to review any questions you may have been unsure of at the end. Click the Options menu and you can shuffle the cards to...

Primo - E-commerce, Mobile shopping application

PRIMO is a new easy way to shop. Buy items directly from a commercial, picture, Facebook, online or offline or anywhere you see a Primo Tag. Point your phone at the Primo Tag to add items to your cart Press CHECK OUT to buy them. Thats it. You will receive a confirmation email, and the seller will send you the items just like when you shop online.

FlashBakc - Social media platform

Explore and view the most innovative, trendy and hilarious videos on Flashbakc. Record 15 seconds and share your videos with the world and interact with other interesting users. While recording or uploading your video, Flashbakc automatically captures multiple shots merging video in a coordinated time. To ensure you capture the attention of your followers you have the option to select one picture that best represents your video.

MyRoz - Social community for drone users

MyROZ is a UAV/ drone pilot interactive application that provides its users with fun, flight safety, and interactive functions. Greatly enhancing the drone piloting experience! MyROZ creates an unofficial operational airspace for its users, providing other MyROZ users visibility to drone data in their immediate environment and around the world, enabling them to practice safe and responsible drone activities. Another feature that makes us unique is the interaction with other users, drone operators, non-users, and the general public: all within the UiN Zone, short for “are you in?”. This is an area where users can send messages, share photos and videos and collaborate with each other! World first social drone application.

Connect with UAV/ drone pilots and enthusiast from around the world and let’s show how we can manage drone operations on our own. when you create a flight it is going to be shown on the map and called ROZ, so other users could know that you are not...

Jobnetafrica - Job board

JobNetAfrica is a website for international and diaspora professionals that are looking for careers in Africa. The platform is available for anyone looking to live and work in Africa, has done this before or still does. The goal is to link reliable employers with the best candidates available, to create careers in Africa. JobNetAfrica offers several services online and offline for employers and candidates.

Surf & Yoga - Education portal

Surf&Yoga is an online community where surf and yoga instructors and their clients can connect anywhere in the world for a truly unique experience. The website serves as a meeting point where surf and yoga instructors can instantly register, showcase their profiles, define their availability, receive payments, and communicate with their clients. Likewise, clients can look for instructors, review their profiles, book a lesson, make payments, communicate with their instructors, and leave feedback.

Xtremerunner

Xtemerunner is a donation paltform that helps to collect the required amount of funding for donation. Allows to form the profile of the one who's after donation, track his progress, see the available events where he/she can raise funding.

Made with:
Yii, PHP,MySQL,Ajax,Yii 2, bootstrap, jQuery, jQuery.pjax, jquery.nicescroll,stripe, paypal, font Awesome, google recaptcha

URVisible is an awesome one-click mobile ready website builder. URVisible concept incorporates SAAS model and following coding techniques and technologies: Сodeigniter, Bootstrap, jQuery, jQuery UI, Phantom.js, Authorize.Net, phpQuery, CKEditor.js, jAlert, Isotope.js, Piwik, Kartograph.js, RGraph, GBK API.

URVisible makes it simple to create mobile ready website with no experience in coding, design or SEO. This easy to update tool with drag-and-drop features such as photo galleries, videos, customizable web forms, maps, social media links, testimonials, mini networks and more, ensures your website is search engine friendly by using the latest standards of website coding.

Once the user is ready with styling his website URVisible suggests to pick a nice looking URL or attach already bought domain to ready solution. Being a SaaS platform URVisible incorporates the network features such as sharing, networking, resellers’ features.

...

Irish Startup

Innovative SaaS platform for mobile landing pages, where user can register and create mobile page available on all modern mobile devices. Project allows you to track the analytics and metrics of you mobile campaign as well as to customize the page in any possible way.

LabbaYo

LabbaYo language app is the only kids’ app that works with proprietary LabbaYo Language Flash Cards to allow you to HEAR and SAY the words to practice your pronunciation. Our beautifully drawn images are designed to engage and captivate children. We have 444 cards per language set to start.

The app is initially offered in Spanish, English, and French. Our subject-based makes it simple to dive in immediately into the areas of interest to your child and family.

FEATURES:
Designed and developed for kids ages 3 and older
Hundreds of cards per language to keep children engaged
Beautifully drawn images to capture a child’s imagination
App is free
Cards can be shared between owners
Great for the whole family
Build your own games using our system
Supports iOS 8.1 and higher devices

Mobile Apps for Events Platform

"I had full access to their leadership team when I needed it, which was really good."

Mar. - Nov. 2016

GBKSoft developed iOS then Android apps based on provided designs and architecture. The app is intended to centralize professional events around the world. They now provide ongoing bug fixes and improvements.

Sydney, Australia
Founder, Events Startup

GBKSoft delivered an app after a number of iterations. Although they could test their work more thoroughly, their code is good and their communication structure is helpful. Their English is strong, which contributes to successful collaboration.

Describe your company and what you do there.

We're a second-stage startup developing a directory and repository to centralize professional events throughout the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with GBKSoft?

We've got in-house backend and frontend web and API developers, but I was in need of mobile developers.

We initially started with the iOS application. All the design and architecture was by us. They were purely development. We also ended up creating an Android version.

How did you come to work with GBKSoft?

I've experienced a couple of individual freelancers before, but I was advised to go with a company. So this time, I decided to use Upwork. The other thing was I didn't want to go in the direction of China or India. I interviewed a couple of teams, and I decided to go with GBKSoft. They were very professional. The initial contact person I was speaking to, Aleks, wasn't a sales rep or someone who acquired people - he is one of the directors.

One of the major problems that I had or noticed before was that there’s a lot of fake accounts on Upwork. You can't know who you're actually dealing with, but GBK was very accommodating with that. We had a lot of Skype meetings, so I could be sure who I'm dealing with. They sounded very professional. They gave me a very professional estimate. I used to work for IBM, so I knew how things were supposed to be done. We had a very good conversation before we actually started, so I decided to give them a chance. And they've performed very well for me.

How much have you invested with GBKSoft?

Altogether, it’s about $18,000. It's not a very complicated app anyway.

We started working together in March 2016. They delivered the final iOS product in November 2016. I’m still working with them since I’m getting a couple of changes done. They're supporting me with the bugs, and I don’t think I’ll be finished with the bugs soon. Sometimes some of the bugs don't show up until way after. But the good thing on the iOS side is I've been able to fix some of the bugs myself without going back to them. But with the Android app, they’ve helped me with some very minor stuff within the past two months, which is good. The design was pretty terrible, so hopefully we'll have more major improvements, mostly UX. They’re supportive and responsive, and I'm going to stay with them.

There is also other work planned for them that’s still under wraps. We're working on it along with some of the legal things. There’s one piece of work bigger than the original project, and if that does liven up, I'll be asking them to go there and making sure we have the right developers because this time has to be done right. Before, there was no time issue, but this one is going to be on a very critical timeline and I can't afford any delays on this one. I want to make sure everything’s done right.

We’re now launching in different sites in Australia and the US. We're still working on some of the stuff in the backend and marketing, so we've done a lot of trials within our organization. We haven't actually launched so I don't have specific metrics. Within the businesses, everybody’s loving it, so it'll be a very big success hopefully. Since we haven't launched, the timing wasn't that important because we knew we had to get a lot of stuff ready. We're almost ready—in about two months' time. Just need to sort out legal issues and stuff. The user experience has been the time stopper throughout. We need to get into that as well.

How did GBKSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

Our communication was good and not a problem at all. I had full access to their leadership team when I needed it, which was really good. But it all comes to individual personal style, and Yana [Holtseva, designer] was very different. There were some difficulties. The project manager was fairly junior, and there was a lot of back and forward because of initial misunderstandings. I understand the role, since I spent 16 years at IBM. It did take a long time, but from my side, it was understandable. That’s the nature of the game.

There was a lot of rework, but the end product was good. With the regression testing, every time we learned what kind of bugs that we fixed before, they kept occurring back in. It took a bit of a long time. They could have done a bit better with the testing part of it, but that's because of the PM. I understand she's not with the team anymore. As soon as she left, the work has been brilliant. It became very accommodating and thorough. Even with the old PM, everything was good.

Their English proficiency is very good. That was one of my big requirements, so I wanted to make sure that happened, and it did happen. Our meetings were through Skype. For a bigger project that I'm planning, I'm actually going there and meeting their team. I’m looking forward to seeing who are the dedicated developers that I work with on a daily basis.

What did you find most impressive about GBKSoft?

Their communication is very good. Their responses were good. I’m not a full coder, but I believe their code was very well written. I had a couple of other coders look at it and said it was pretty standard. I'm just happy with the extent that they did a good thing. The new PM and Alex are very responsive. They understand the full life cycle, so they're pretty confident in what they do.

Are there any areas GBKSoft could improve?

The major one was testing. Testing is very important. Most of the testing was done on my part. I would've expected a much better testing procedure from their side. Most of the bugs were captured by me. I understood that I was actually paying for the testing part since that was part of the initial project. I'm a hands-on person, so I need to check everything myself. Testing could have been improved upon on their side, making sure when a new version is given, that regression testing is fully done on it before it gets to my side. Also, their estimation part in having a leniency on some minor changes that don't have any major impact. Some things, I know they take hours or minutes to do, because of change requests. They want to take it through this whole lifecycle in theory and that costs a lot, but I know it's something that takes two minutes of work— let’s say a little change on the color of a button.

Overall Score I'm very happy with them.
    For their responsiveness and availability, I’d give them a 5, and for their ability to meet deadlines, a 4. They did experience two months of resource issues because of one of their resources left, and there were some major issues there.
    I think they’re a bit overpriced, but they were worth it compared to other Freelancer.com or Upwork freelancers and companies I've worked with before.
    There was a lot of going back and forth on a daily basis in fixing the testing.
    I have recommended them.

Web App for Career Development Site

"GBKSOFT went the extra mile to make me happy and quickly fixed any issues."

Aug. 2015 - Apr. 2016

GBKSOFT translated a small business owner's vision for a resume builder into a functioning web app with an AngularJS frontend.

Sole Proprietor

Minnesota
Owner, Career Development Websites

Any challenges that arose because of the time difference between the two parties were overcome by additional efforts made by GBKSOFT to ensure customer satisfaction. They provided end to end design and execution of the project.

The company runs several career-related websites. I am the owner and operator.

What challenge were you trying to address with GBKSOFT?

We were looking to create an easy-to-use and fully featured resume builder that appealed to both beginners and advanced users. The goal of the partnership was to take my ideas and transform them into a functioning website.

The scope was basically everything from concept, design, and coding, to bug fixing.

How did you come to work with GBKSOFT?

I put the project up on crew.co and selected GBKSOFT among several bidders. I picked them because it was a good mix of experience and pricing.

How much have you invested with GBKSOFT?

I have invested roughly $30,000 in total.

We started in August of 2015 and ended in April of 2016. I had GBKSOFT do additional work on new features in December of 2016.

The result was a fully-featured resume builder that is intuitive yet powerful. It successfully exports resumes in professional looking PDF and .doc formats.

What did you find most impressive about GBKSOFT?

GBKSOFT went the extra mile to make me happy and quickly fixed any issues. They did not try and nickel-and-dime me for small edits.

Are there any areas GBKSOFT could improve?

Nothing, in particular, comes to mind. The only issue was communication, but that was more due to the time difference between the US and Ukraine.

Overall Score GBKSOFT provided a high-quality website, made additional changes when requested, and fixed all issues promptly.
    The time difference between us led to some delays.
    GBKSOFT stuck to the estimates.
    GBKSOFT provided a high-quality advanced web app in AngularJS.
    GBKSOFT was very helpful in answering questions and providing quality work.

Social App Development for Tech Startup

"[They have] unique developers and skills available, and I always had the opportunity to talk to the directors directly."

Apr. - Aug. 2016

GBKSOFT developed a video-based social app for Android and iOS. They also helped with backend and UI/UX design work.

Fmr. Owner, Video App

GBKSOFT is professional and easy to get in touch with. They’re quick to perform iterations and find affordable ways to tackle issues. They act like part of an internal team, providing direction in strategy and marketing. Their English is excellent.

We are a small application tech startup; we have only three employees total in the company. We created video apps that would allow users to record and upload on various social media outlets as well as our platform. I was the director of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with GBKSOFT?

As beginners to the industry, we had no prior experience or direction. We needed an experienced team that would not only help us create and code our app for Android and iOS from scratch and design the user interface, but would also mentor us and hopefully point us in the right direction. GBKSOFT is very professional and great to work with. They will make sure problems get solved, and they are always quick to improve on your ideas and product. They’re very hands-on, as if it's their own company.

GBKSOFT developed our video-based app. They also created a backend server for the app.

How did you come to work with GBKSOFT?

The app takes video and pictures at the same time, which was a unique functionality. I had difficulty finding developers who could achieve this. I found GBKSOFT on a platform called Upwork, which lists companies and freelancers. They had all the right visual representation at the time, a great portfolio and a team with years and years of experience, which was a plus for us.

As soon as I spoke to GBKSOFT, I felt they extended themselves to me and my team; they broke down our project and projected our growth based on our market, marketing and strategy.

We did have a small minor issue which resulted in a delay, but GBKSOFT completely fixed the problem, and on top of that, they did a complimentary recreation of a new UX/UI design that would stand out in the market. Overall this was a big project that they were able to complete in the estimated 3-4 months.

How much have you invested with GBKSOFT?

The cost of GBKSOFT’s work has been between $10,000 and $15,000.

We found them in April of 2016 and the project was finished in August.

We have had a couple thousand users. Everyone liked our app and found it usable at the time. I’ve since sold it to another individual. To some degree, I was successful in what I wanted to do relative to my budget. I got what I wanted from the app.

In terms of pricing, they will work with you to find solutions so that it will be more affordable, which is great, especially for a new startup looking to spend as little as possible. It was a pleasure working with GBKSOFT. Communication was great, the level of English very good. Overall I'm pleased with the work—they did exactly what they said they would do and more. They gave us outstanding work and I can't criticize them.

How did GBKSOFT perform from a project management standpoint?

I was assigned a project manager with whom I could speak whenever I had a problem. She would relay everything to the team, and also speak to me about any issues. GBKSOFT was quite professional, and, even when their output was not up to my standards, I could tell them and have it changed immediately.

What did you find most impressive about GBKSOFT?

They are polite, professional, and great at communicating,. GBKSOFT has many unique developers and skills available, and I always had the opportunity to talk to the directors directly when I had an issue. They’re a hard-working team and company.

Are there any areas GBKSOFT could improve?

They should hire English-speaking developers. That would allow me to have one-on-one conversations with the development team as well.

Overall Score They are a very loyal company that puts customers first.
    They are very responsive and quick. I received replies right away, and could always schedule quick meetings.
    There aren’t many places who could create an app for this kind of price.
    The app is very good quality.
    I would definitely recommend GBKSOFT to someone else.

Custom CMS & Design for Travel Website

"The whole project structure was smart and was broken into stages and deadlines."

Jan. 2016 - Jan. 2017

GBKSoft developed a travel services website from scratch, proposing a cohesive design process and delivering rapid solutions. The team emphasized traffic-generating video and images over simple text.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Elena Becker
Founder, Privé Travel Concierge

After launching early this year, the new site clearly reflects the initial vision and requirements. GBKSoft’s regular accessibility, bite-sized workflow, and proactive problem-solving ensured an attractive final product.

We are a worldwide travel service with a particular emphasis on inbound services for UAE and the Middle East. I was the founder of the website on which our company is based and acted as its managing director. I currently have other, broader duties.

What challenge were you trying to address with GBKSoft?

We needed a website built from scratch.

GBKSoft developed everything from scratch. One of our biggest issues was design since it was very hard to establish which direction we wanted to go. GBKSoft managed to understand our goals by assigning a great designer. The team generally worked very fast, giving me a convenient experience. They came up with new solutions constantly.

The site needed to contain a number of images and video and be informative. GBKSoft suggested we put an emphasis on video rather than text since that is what generates traffic at the moment.

How did you come to work with GBKSoft?

They were referred to me by a friend.

How much have you invested with GBKSoft?

The cost of GBKSoft's work was around $10,000.

We started working with GBKSoft in January 2016. We were a bit off schedule, but the delay came from our side. We didn't have enough free hands to focus on the website, but GBKSoft was much more proactive than us, always pushing to start the next stage. The website was launched in January 2017, roughly after a one-year period.

GBKSoft's work reflects our initial requests perfectly.

How did GBKSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

We scheduled frequent conference calls, and GBKSoft's team was always on time. The whole project structure was smart and was broken into stages and deadlines. We provided approval at every stage.

What did you find most impressive about GBKSoft?

In general, I'm very satisfied with GBKSoft. I mainly liked their proactivity. GBKSoft gave us sample solutions for what could be done, so I wasn’t the only one approaching the direction of the site. Design-wise, the site is very good, and GBKSoft was always on time in terms of conferences and delivery.

Are there any areas GBKSoft could improve?

I can’t remember anything significant.

GBKSoft delivered on time, and I can’t remember any issues during our project.
    I would’ve wanted the work to be cheaper.
    I’ve recommended GBKSoft, and l’d use them for other website projects.

Custom Development of Soccer Betting Website

"They work towards satisfying what we need up to the final detail."

Nov. 2014 - Ongoing

The client needed a custom built site that incorporated their own soccer analytics information for betting on matches.

Spain
Founder, Soccer Betting Site

GBKSoft was able to deliver the website as requested and their designs contributed to a near 50% visitor return rate, a key metric in the client's growth strategy.

I’m the founder of a company that deals with football [soccer] analytics and statistics. We provide this information to the general public.

What challenge were you trying to address with GBKSOFT?

We needed help with building the company website completely from scratch, as well as our online analytics solution.

GBKSOFT was involved in the development of the online solution that we provide at the moment, from the very beginning to the end of the process. The developers provided all the support for the website. They are still providing support at the moment, making changes when necessary. Although there's no mobile element currently, it is optimized for mobile. We are looking to develop one in the future. We mainly used JavaScript for the website, which was custom-built. We developed the statistics for the betting platform, and GBKSOFT just integrated that into the website as one solution. Unrelated, we also used Google Analytics for our own reporting.

I interacted mainly with the project manager. This was much easier since I’m not a technical person and it would have been a bit difficult to get into all the details. I prefer to explain it in plain language, and then let them come up with a solution. Afterward, they discuss if it’s possible and how much it will cost.

How did you come to work with GBKSOFT?

I found them via an online platform called Upwork. We discussed details and started working with them. What gave me the confidence to work with them is that one of their staff members was quite knowledgeable about football analytics and statistical surveys, so we thought that it would help us save time as we won’t be needing to explain details a lot. Their knowledge and understanding of the topic we are concentrating on definitely helped.

How much have you invested with GBKSOFT?

We spent roughly about $25,000 in a year and a half.

We started discussing details in November 2014. Actual development of the final website took about a year, and the website went live in October 2016. At the moment, we’re still working with them as they’re still customizing and making minor changes to our site.

We get about 180 unique visitors a day, and that number increases during peak times. We feel that this number is growing gradually. Users actually do engage quite a lot because they visit about seven or eight pages and spend a few minutes before they leave the site. We wanted to engage and make our end users come back, and that’s what’s actually happening—we have a return rate of 48% at the moment. This is what was achieved through our efforts and GBKSOFT’s design.

How did GBKSOFT perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication was very fast. We got emails, phone calls, or whatever we want from them at any point. They’re very responsive towards our needs. They work towards satisfying what we need up to the final detail, so I have no regrets in starting this project with them. While we were building the website, I got detailed weekly reports via email from the project manager. We were working via Upwork, so all their time was logged in there and could be checked at any point.

The only thing that was a bit frustrating is that our project manager changed twice in a short period of time. That was a bit of a miscommunication there because we had to explain it to the new project manager. As soon as we explained things, the project manager was changed again, probably because he was made redundant or just left the company.

What did you find most impressive about GBKSOFT?

They’ve done really well in terms of making sure that every single detail of the website is finished accurately, including the design and functionality.

Are there any areas GBKSOFT could improve?

No. I have nothing to recommend for them to change. They do a great job.

Overall Score They’re great, otherwise, I wouldn’t continue to work with them.
    While doing the project, we had different phases. Other than little delays of one or two days, every single phase was strictly met. I think this was perfect.
    There are cheaper options, but then the quality may be not that high. They are still quite good value for the money.
    They delivered what was promised and worked on every detail.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Web Development for International Job Board Site

"They work fast, answer all of our questions, and collaborate through a product sheet … I'm very happy with GBKSOFT."

Aug. 2015 - Mar. 2016

GBKSOFT developed a jobs board using an open-source platform. Key features included a backend database and PayPal integration.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Co-owner, International Job Board Site

GBKSOFT had a real knack for clearly explaining complex information to someone without an IT background. Their straightforward project management and development style made the project quite a success.

We are a recruitment and headhunting company for employers on the African continent. Our clients are mostly Western companies and organizations.

I am a managing partner and one of the company's shareholders. I lead recruitment projects, ensure quality, and also manage the software implementations for our website.

What business challenge were you trying to address with GBKSOFT?

We decided to expand our service with a job board, but did not have the right software to do so. GBKSOFT helped us launch our jobs board.

GBKSOFT built our framework and website from the ground up. We had a close collaboration through which our side provided full specs, which were then translated by GBKSOFT's programmers into what our website has become.

We didn't want to use WordPress, but we did want an open-source platform. I don't know what framework GBKSOFT ultimately used, but our site does have a backend database for our candidates. It holds over 9,000 CVs, which can be sorted through and annotated. We also have PayPal integration. GBKSOFT adapted the site to our designs.

How did you come to work with GBKSOFT?

One of my best friends is married to someone from The Netherlands. His company works with Ukrainian companies, so he helped me ask around for services. His partners recommended GBKSOFT. We made inquiries with a few companies, but GBKSOFT's team seemed the most knowledgeable. They also told us what was not possible, which I appreciated as someone without IT knowledge. GBKSOFT made things sound simple, which I really liked.

The cost of our initial build has been around $9,000. We have spent an additional $9,000 for ongoing updates.

We started working with GBKSOFT in August 2015. The first version of our site was delivered in March 2016, after a long back-and-forth testing period. I changed my mind a lot, but GBKSOFT was flexible. Now we have a big update every three months after we make a list of changes for GBKSOFT's programmers.

We have over 9,000 candidates in our database, and over 300 employers. We have 60,000 page views, and between 11,000 and 12,000 unique visitors per month.

How did GBKSOFT perform from a project management standpoint?

This is a good area for GBKSOFT. Their English is perfect. They work fast, answer all of our questions, and collaborate through a product sheet. We have timeframes for every point; they keep us updated, and the delivery is usually on time. We can update sheets after testing, assign new tasks, and so on.

What distinguishes GBKSOFT from other providers?

All our collaboration is done over email, so we don't need to communicate with GBKSOFT over Skype or other channels. Everything is documented and functional, and GBKSOFT's team is very helpful. They can think along with us, which is great for me, since I don't have a lot of IT knowledge. We may provide GBKSOFT a list of 20-30 tasks, but they can understand an issue from only a few sentences. If we run into issues or bugs, GBKSOFT is fast in solving them.

Is there anything GBKSOFT could have improved or done differently?

No. I'm very happy with GBKSOFT.

Do you have any recommendations for others considering working with GBKSOFT?

I don't know what size of project GBKSOFT would be able to cope with, but they seem to be fair and open, so clients can ask them anything. The team will let people know when they can't do something because of cost or unrealistic expectations. They're nice people to work with.

GBKSOFT surpassed deadlines by a few days at most, which is very good for IT. They communicate any issues in advance, allowing us to make a plan.
    GBKSOFT provides a cost-effective service for us, as a Northern Europe company, but they also deliver well for the price.
    There is a lot of testing involved, and we have run into bits and bobs which didn't run perfectly the first time, but GBKSOFT usually fixed things afterward.
    GBKSOFT has been very good for me, so I wish them more business.

Development for Marketing Software Platform

"We've referred them twice, which says all anyone needs to know about them."

July 2015 - Ongoing

GBKSOFT provides project management and development services for a paid search automation platform project. The team serves as a collaborating partner to build the website from scratch.

Ireland
Founder & CEO, Search Marketing Platform

The project is in its early stages and GBKSOFT continues to deliver a strong performance. They are friendly, easy to work with, and responsive with a high referral rate. The team completes all tasks and deliverables on time and within budget.

Please describe your company.

Segmatic is a Dublin-based strategic, scientific search marketing platform that can optimize the profitability of a client's advertising. Our comprehensive, intelligent platform improves paid search performance, using our semantic technology to turn clicks into conversions and maximize a client's return on investment. Our target markets include North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.

What is your role at Segmatic?

I am a founder and chief technology officer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with GBK Soft?

We needed to develop from scratch a paid search automation platform. We hoped to be able to automate paid search campaigns, initially targeting agencies and individuals around the United Kingdom. We are in the early stages of development, so the possibilities are endless. We will position our product based on initial market reactions.

How did you come to work with GBK Soft?

We discovered them through a referral, and we have since referred them ourselves.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

The project involved working with their developers. As a technical person myself, I was able to develop a strong relationship with GBK Soft's project manager and developers directly, which meant the project worked well.

The project is ongoing. We have been working with GBK Soft for more than 10 months now [since 2015].

How did GBK Soft perform from a project management standpoint?

They were on time and on budget. They were very friendly and very responsive.

How would you describe your overall experience collaborating with GBK Soft?

GBK's performance has been very strong. We've referred them twice, which says all anyone needs to know about them. A referral is the ultimate signal we can give that these guys are great.

Web Development for Online Education Startup

"GBKSOFT made it easier for us to communicate with developers."

Feb. - Sep. 2015

GBKSOFT managed all development, including offshore development, of a web platform that connects students and parents with college application experts. New users are currently being added to expand its reach.

San Francisco Bay Area
Founder, Education Startup

The website's U.S. release has gone smoothly and serves as a marketing platform for application experts to build their professional reputation, find new customers, and receive high-quality leads. GBKSOFT provided excellent project management and communication.

Planmycollege is a content-driven college planning community that connects college admission experts to both United States customers and fast growing international college admission market. We facilitate one-to-one college application consultation and test prep tutoring services for students attending U.S. educational institutes.

We are the first and largest college planning service community that is dedicated to helping students to achieve college application success. I am the founder and CEO.

There was no trusted source for students and parents to find expert college admission consultants and test prep tutors. There was no effective marketing platform for college application experts to build their professional reputation, find new customers, and receive high-quality leads. I wanted to develop a web platform to fill these gaps.

The project started in February 2015. The first release went live on September 1, 2015. GBK Soft managed the overall offshore development work and was my whole development team.

The release went very smoothly so far – U.S.-based users like it. We are in the process of adding more users in the next two months. We think this platform will be successful in international markets like China.

GBK Soft did a good job to manage the project. They put a good effort to communicate with us and make it easier for us to communicate with developers.

Anonymous Imageboard

"The GBKSOFT team has always been responsive during each step in the project and provided innovative solutions."

GBKSOFT developed a platform that allows users to post images and comments anonymously. The team integrated standard website functionality and design with a complex CMS to facilitate anonymity.

Investor Group

GBKSOFT provided a two-fold solution to creating a mainstream platform more typically found within the “deep Web” space. The platform features advanced and complex coding, but a user-friendly design that is easy to navigate and includes social media tools like notifications and likes.

The client is a private investor group with multiple partners. The industry is social media. The project required GBK Soft to design an "anonymous imageboard": A platform that allows users to post images and comments in relation to different discussion topics in an anonymous way.

Anonymous imageboards traditionally have been sitting within the so-called "deep Web" space with limited use by mainstream/retail Web firms, such as Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter.

The main challenge was to design a platform that combined both elements of the anonymity typical of the deep Web with the standard functionality and fun tools of the major social media space, such as notification, likes, favorites, and moderation.

The solution applied by GBK Soft was twofold: Advanced and complex coding in Java and CodeIgniter to manage a complex variable CMS [content management system] environment, allowing for users to post images and comments on posts linked to target users. There was also a related discussion voting system and moderation tools including the representation of trending discussion in a digital map.

The second requirement was to have an outstanding design to allow easy navigation, user-friendly tools to select, update, and navigate through the various discussion topics.

The project is almost complete, and the work has been outstanding! The GBK Soft team has always been responsive during each step in the project and provided innovative solutions.

Irish Startup Mobile Platform Development

"They are quite conscientious. They will go the extra yard to make sure we're happy."

Mar. 2012 - Ongoing

GBKSOFT redesigned a cloud-based mobile marketing platform, handling all development tasks. The team now functions in a lead role to streamline product refinement/testing and maintain constant resources.

Dublin, Ireland
CTO, Irish Mobile Advertising Startup

Throughout the ongoing relationship, GBKSOFT has reliably supported the platform’s expansion and evolution with their coding skills. Their competitive price point and willingness to assume personal responsibility for tasks continue to strengthen the workflow.

Please describe your company.

Our company is a cloud-based mobile marketing company. People use our software platform to send SMS [Short Message Service] messages via push notification with a link to a mobile landing page built on our platform. Typically, it would be for one of our clients, such as the marketing department of a telecom company. For instance, you could get an SMS from your phone carrier on your mobile phone. When you click on the link, you’ll see an offer, for example, to upgrade to an iPhone 5. That’s what we use on our platform.

Most of our clients are European-based, although we have clients in the United States. Currently, we are focusing on the markets closest to us.

What is your role?

I am the chief technology officer.

What was your goal for working with GBKSOFT?

They are the development team. They do everything. I’m an ex-web developer. I thought it would be quicker just to hire someone to redesign everything.

We send them the descriptions, and they code it. My partner is a telecom expert, so we design everything and send it over to them to code.

Now that the company is growing, we brought in a project manager who works at GBKSOFT. She is very efficient. The owners of GBKSOFT were very receptive to this, and it has saved a huge amount of time. She is in the office with them the whole time. One of our full-time people got food poisoning and went to the hospital. That put me under a lot of pressure because we have a lot of deadlines and work coming in. The upside was that they were able to loan us some developers. If I had a dedicated team here in Dublin, and one of my people was out sick like that, I wouldn’t be able to do that.

Their costs are about a third less than what they would be in Dublin. There is a little disconnect because we're not in the same room, as well as cultural differences. Eastern Europeans are not always as innovative as Westerners are. We come up with harder ideas, whereas they are used people telling them which task to do. You have to be prepared for that kind of tradeoff. We are going to continue with them.

What was your process for selecting GBKSOFT to work with?

We found them on oDesk. We had a Pakistani team before that, and we weren't as happy with them. Initially, we used the head of the company. Our process was initially based on ratings. We were also prepared to drop them if they didn't meet our standards.

Initially, it was about €50,000 [$53,000] per year. Recently, we have upped it to about €200,000 [$214,000] per year. We have a set amount of developer hours every month for the project manager's time because she juggles multiple clients. We use other people part time because we work with the apps as well.

GBKSOFT proved to be very good, and they’re very reliable as well. They are quite conscientious. They will go the extra yard to make sure we're happy. They're not always trying to get the extra bit of money. Sometimes, I have to remind them to charge us.

Since our process is being refined, particularly in the area of testing, they have implemented a much better system. We’re using Selenium as well as combined manual and automated testing. That’s just a normal evolution. We’ve been with them since March 2012, so that’s 5 years. Obviously, things get better, particularly in the testing area.

How did GBKSOFT perform from a project management standpoint?

In terms of project management, they’ve taken on more of a lead role. I was more hands on in the last interview. They have very strong project managers who take great personal responsibility. That’s actually less work for me. They’ve taken on a broader role than before, and the testing has improved.

As of right now, I don’t have any suggestions. I’m very happy with how things are.

The only drawback is that if you have a senior developer in your office here in Dublin, he or she would take the lead on a project. GBKSOFT doesn’t really do that; they code. They are looking for innovation from us, which we're happy to do. That’s not a criticism, and it’s what we want.

To be fair, we’re not in a position where we’re waiting for the coders to be innovative either. It’s paint by numbers, so we’re very specific in what we want them to do. They don’t have much of a chance to be innovative.

Overall Score We have a very strong relationship with them because they’re not just coders. For example, if there are issues with the deadline, they will lend us extra coders.
    They usually deliver under the deadlines. We set milestones and have weekly and sometimes mid-week meetings.
    They’re definitely cheaper than American rates. I compared them to Polish firms and two Ukrainian companies because I have used other Ukrainian companies. They are a better value.
    Things don’t break. There are very few bugs. That’s the main way you gauge things. Customers are using the product without any problems.
    I do recommend them. There’s a number of our companies using them now based on our recommendation.