Your Digital Partner.

Flynaut is a fast-evolving digital agency committed to producing work that symbolizes quality and creativity. Headquartered in Charlotte, we have a worldwide client base that benefits from our full-service digital packages. We specialize in web development, SEO, Internet marketing, mobile app development and branding.

Our team is motivated by a single purpose – Helping our customers to grow their business by offering the best in the online marketing space. We constantly come up with dynamic methods and tools that take your business to new heights of economic and social success. Our design strategies have been appreciated on multiple platforms.

Our client portfolio is as impressive as our work. Whether it is a startup or an established public listed corporation, we easily fit the bill. Choose Flynaut to experience modern, different and profitable digital solutions.

2004
Flynaut LLC
10400 Mallard Creek Church Rd, Ste 200
Charlotte, NC 28262
Flynaut LLC
1704 Alexander Highlands Apt 107
Charlotte, NC 28262

Software Development for Project Management Platform

"After spending $7,300, I had no design, no product, and no usable code."

Nov. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Flynaut replaced third-party resources to complete development for a SaaS prototype. The team needed to design modules and develop an API for software integrations prior to coding.

Marietta, Georgia
Atalaya Wilder
Project Manager, Neo and One

The engagement ended without designs or a product. Their work contradicted the scope, which resulted in 101unfulfilled Jira tickets and significant delays. Flynaut promised fixes, but didn’t produce any impactful solutions. Their servers made the prototype vulnerable and compromised its testing.

I am the CEO of Neo and One. We do project management, design, some business analyst work, product ownership, and consulting.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flynaut LLC?

The previous vendor for my project management software project became too expensive. I needed a new developer for to complete the software as a service product.

I wanted them to design additional modules prior to programming, and then develop an API to enable integrations. We already had a prototype at the start of work and agreed on a six-month timeline. To create a seamless transition between vendors, I expected to review requirements first and then establish a QA process for later stages.

The team included a project coordinator and business analyst that also served the project manager and developer.

How did you come to work with Flynaut LLC?

I met them at their office, where the team gave a great presentation.

I spent $7,300. I paid 30% upfront and the rest as milestone-based payments.

Work started in November 2017 and ended in April 2018.

What problems arose during the engagement?

They only assigned one resource to the project when the scope and documentation requirements called for two people. Consequently, I raised concerns about the project plan, but they responded in a brash manner with a last-minute outline. The plan only had one phase – which didn’t align with the initial scope – and incongruent deadlines. Flynaut’s leadership said they would resolve the inconsistencies, but never did so in a satisfactory manner.

Even though I provided the prototype, their designs didn’t reflect the accompanying files and style sheets. I requested to meet after the team submitted poorly constructed designs. Their managers agreed with my assessment, but their proposed fixes phased out after only two days. Concurrently, the team had most likely turned off the function I assigned for the prototype; it completely stopped working.

How did the relationship with Flynaut LLC evolve?

The senior leadership was welcoming in the beginning, but became less responsive as the problems accumulated. In many cases, they didn’t respond via email, phone, or social media. The quality of service declined after I submitted the initial payment. We were supposed to review the prototype after this payment, which preceded the design phase in the agreed timeline. However, the team started writing requirements before I had the chance to introduce the prototype.

I created a calculation to assess the project using a scale similar to school grades; 60 meant failing and 80 indicated good performance with room for improvement. The team earned a 65 when I inputted their information. We had been in constant contact, but I still didn’t know why they weren’t succeeding – whether it was lack of experience or resources. However, I was certain they weren’t solving the problem.

At this time, the team added third-party resources to the requirements documentation process, but management neither knew who these people were or how to reach them. The team’s actions unclear and most likely violated our non-disclosure agreement. The partnership declined from that point. The two-week documentation process stretched to two months. Despite the ambiguous hires, Flynaut still didn’t have enough resources to complete the documentation.

Additionally, the team never met a delivery date. I finally fired them. After spending $7,300, I had no design, no product, and no usable code.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

They made their server public, which exposed my project to hackers. I emailed them about the issue and requested they make the server, or at least my project, private. The team thanked me for letting them know, but never followed up.

Now, I’m planning to re-engage the previous vendor. My budget constraints are still a hurdle, but some key prototype improvements are feasible. Although this experience impeded an ongoing project’s progress, it helped me grow as a person. My equation’s functionality portended well for future success. Firing Flynaut limited the overall damage.

How was project management handled?

The code became unreliable near the end of work. They said the server caused the code to break. As a result, testing between Friday–Sunday didn’t work. I lost significant time.

We used Jira, but the tool didn’t enhance effectiveness or productivity. The management moved tickets to “done” within the tool without executing any meaningful changes. I only received unnecessary requests to approve modules, not updates about resolutions.

Jira was unnecessary because the scope’s collaborative plan made the tool redundant. Relatedly, the team told me some scope items were actually additional requests that necessitated additional fees. After submitting 101 Jira tickets in a very short period of time, I finally requested that Flynaut remove the development team from my project.

Is there anything that the vendor did well or that you would consider a strength?

No. Their behavior suggested indifference to this project and my vision. Now, I feel better that I’m not working with them anymore.

In what specific areas can they improve?

Time management was their greatest weakness. I was supposed to pay one more installment after the product’s completion, but they never moved out of the design phase.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

While other clients may have had better experiences, I felt mine was a worst-case scenario. Think carefully before hiring them. I hired them based on price alone when I should have factored in other considerations. I don’t want this to happen to someone else.

Website Redesign for Trust Company

"From a communication and reliability standpoint, they’re top-notch."

Sept. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Flynaut redesigned a WordPress website to better reflect a professional brand. The solution focused on adding modern imagery and improved user interaction by placing comment forms on every page.

Charlotte, NC
Michael Weber
EVP, TMI Trust Company

Flynaut translated an abstract vision into a concrete solution. The new site received positive feedback, both internally and externally. The intuitive layout generated a significant increase in user comment forms. Their flexible manager worked around a hectic schedule and stayed in constant contact.

I’m an Executive Vice President with TMI Trust Company. We’re a full-service corporate trust shop, assisting individuals executing transactions in capital markets. We also provide escrow and accounting services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flynaut LLC?

The style and substance of our existing website did not accurately reflect our brand. We wanted an attractive redesign to improve our digital presence.

Our existing site was very flat and simple, so our first priority was to redesign the structure and flow. I showed them a few sample websites whose design I admired and Flynaut created a new site with updated imagery to give us a more professional digital appearance.

We wanted to make it easier for potential clients to reach out, so they designed the site to include a contact form on every page.

Our existing site was built using WordPress, so Flynaut used the same platform as I was already used to the system. This allows me to easily make updates and changes.

I worked directly with a project manager who communicated my needs to their developers and designers. This system worked very well, as I preferred speaking with a single person over an entire team.

How did you come to work with Flynaut LLC?

I ran a Google search for a local web development companies and came across a site called Thumbtack. I chose three companies to interview based on their reviews. Even though Flynaut was the most expensive option, I was impressed enough during our meeting to hire them.

We spent $14,400.

We started working together in September 2017 and launched the site in January 2018. The project would have been completed sooner, but there were delays on my end. I still reach out to them if I need any updates that are beyond my capabilities.

The website has been positively received, both internally and externally. The improved layout has also made it easier for us to communicate with our clients. We received more comment forms during the first three weeks of launch than we did during the entirety of 2017. That alone is a testament to the site’s ease of use.

How did Flynaut LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

My job requires a lot of travel, so I was often slow to respond to my project manager’s emails. Despite this, she was very patient and stayed in constant contact to inform me of any updates. She sent me the updated link for approval any time a change was made, ensuring that the process flowed smoothly. From a communication and reliability standpoint, they’re top-notch.

I was impressed by their ability to translate my conceptual ideas into a concrete solution. It’s difficult to interpret a project when you’re dealing in abstract fields like design, but Flynaut produced both an initial proposal and final product that matched my vision. That’s not an easy task.

It would be helpful to have more face-to-face meetings to go over any changes. This may not be logistically feasible for some clients, but I find it easier to articulate my requests when we’re all in the same room looking at the site together. Corresponding through email worked fine for our purposes, but more in-person meetings could help smooth out the process.

Any delays were caused by our end.
    They’re more expensive than some competitors, but their value is worth the investment.
    A few minor issues arise after site updates–spelling errors, code appearing on screen, etc.–but these are miniscule.
    I've already recommended them to a few companies.

Exposure for Ebay Automation Service

"Flynaut truly cares about the success of my company, and it is always a pleasure to work with them." -- Founder and Lead Developer, eBay Automation Service

Oct. - Dec. 2016

Flynaut LLC provided an in-depth marketing plan in order to provide exposure to an eBay automation service.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Adam Maimon
Arbiship

The Flynaut team was warm and professional marketing advice that targeted customers to convert to the client's service. They cared about not only the project at hand, but the overall success of their client's company.

My business is a SaaS automation software for eBay sellers. I am founder and lead developer.

The challenge was to target customers and get conversions. The target was to attain as many relevant customers as possible.

Flynaut stood out amongst the other marketing firms and impressed me with their knowledge and personality. They provided a great marketing plan and assisted me with many aspects of the business.

Flynaut is a great service as they are always passionate and kind in what they do. Flynaut truly cares about the success of my company, and it is always a pleasure to work with them.

They work hard and in a timely manner.
    The cost was very manageable and fair.
    Everything they did was up to industry standards.
    They are a good company and I would refer them to others.

Web & App Dev for Health Clinic

“I was impressed with their flexibility and insight into marketing and web development.”

Sept. 2017 - June 2018

Flynaut LLC built a custom healthcare app for web and mobile. They also assisted with promoting the solution.

Greer, South Carolina
Chrissie Middleton
Nurse Practitioner, 7 Health and Wellness

Flynaut LLC translated business goals into a satisfactory app. The team was accommodating, organized, and knowledgeable.

I’m a nurse practitioner.

For what projects/services did your company hire Flynaut LLC?

We hired them for web development and digital marketing.

Our goals were health promotion and disease prevention. We also wanted to grow the company and reach global healthcare platforms.

I found them using Thumbtack.

They developed an app for web and mobile.

I worked with a lead developer and the design team.

Thanks to their work, we have multiple avenues to promote health and help others. They helped us reach our business goals.

It was effective.

Overall Score They were excellent.
    It was easy.