Your Digital Partner.

Flynaut is a fast-evolving digital agency committed to producing work that symbolizes quality and creativity. Headquartered in Charlotte, we have a worldwide client base that benefits from our full-service digital packages. We specialize in web development, SEO, Internet marketing, mobile app development and branding.

Our team is motivated by a single purpose – Helping our customers to grow their business by offering the best in the online marketing space. We constantly come up with dynamic methods and tools that take your business to new heights of economic and social success. Our design strategies have been appreciated on multiple platforms.

Our client portfolio is as impressive as our work. Whether it is a startup or an established public listed corporation, we easily fit the bill. Choose Flynaut to experience modern, different and profitable digital solutions.

2004
Charlotte, NC
  • 10400 Mallard Creek Church Rd, Ste 200
    Charlotte, NC 28262
  • 245 Park Avenue 39th Floor
    New York, NY 10167

ElectroRent Corp B&I Florida Contracting LLC US BANK Diakont Inc. SmartZonesUAE Merchant Gateway Inc INTRO SmartPhood QSS Southern Bank Project Steps Clairon Metals

Intro Mobile App

Project Steps Mobile App

QSS - Stylist Mobile APp

Global Praise Mobile App

SmartPhood Mobile App

Timeline Mobile App

Mobile App and Web Development for Social Media Platform

“The app is user-friendly, clean, and has a great UI overall.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Flynaut is desinging and developing a mobile app for iOS and Android, as well as a landing page.

Waterbury, Connecticut
Brandon Garcia
Partner, Intro

Flynaut provides high-quality mobile app development services overall. In addition to their impressive work thus far, their project management and communication skills are also top notch. They're responsive, accessible, and transparent in their approach.

I'm a partner at Intro, a startup in the process of developing a social media app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flynaut?

We reached out to Flynaut to develop our app from the ground up.

Flynaut designed and developed a social media mobile app for iOS and Android, along with a landing page. They collaborated with our team on the scope of work, including selecting the best technologies to use in building the app.

We've worked with at least 10 different people on their team over the course of the project, including a project manager and a team of designers and developers.

How did you come to work with Flynaut?

I found them through an online search and, after reaching out, they flew out to our office to meet with us in person. I was impressed by their communication and some of the ideas they had based on the first couple of meetings with them.

We've been working with them since around November 2017 and expect the app to launch in September 2019.

We're extremely happy with the quality of the work they've provided thus far, as well as their process. The app is user-friendly, clean, and has a great UI overall. We have high hopes for its success based on what they've provided thus far.

How did Flynaut perform from a project management standpoint?

They're great. Whenever unexpected delays have occurred, they've been very transparent about any changes to the timeline. They're very communicative and responsive to our needs.

Their customer service sets them apart. In addition to the quality of their work, their team is very personable and has made themselves available outside of business hours without hesitation.

I can't think of anything.

Be very clear about the project vision and goals. Other than that, I'd just recommend working with them because we've had such a great experience.

Their services are very affordable.
    I've recommended them to others many times.

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Religious Service Platform

"They want my business and it shows that they care about my ideas, which makes them stand out."

Flynaut has created a website to connect artists and organizations in the Christian community. Users can create profiles, upload content, and communicate with others. They’re currently adding new features.

Gastonia, North Carolina
Alicia Woodard
Owner, Judah's Link

The site, though not fully complete, has been very positively received and feedback is encouraging. The launch of the social media and SEO efforts are promising for strong future results. Though more attention to detail would benefit the project, Flynaut continues to impress and deliver good work.

I’m the owner of an upcoming business called Judah's Link and we’re located in Gastonia, North Carolina. It’s a social media website for the Christian community, targeting Christian artists. It allows churches and other organizations within the Christian community to post ads if looking for Christian artists—musicians, dancers, singers, and so on—and the site has Christian artists that can sign up on the site and connect.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flynaut?

I needed someone to build the site for our platform.

To start, I gave Flynaut examples of sites that I liked. They presented their own ideas and came up with 3–4 samples of logos and color schemes. Once I made my selection, they narrowed down the design for the site based on my choices.

They built our site and conducted testing on it. We’re currently implementing new features and fixing some functions. Flynaut created the platform with several tools, including profile creation and ad placers. Users can describe their church or organization on the site and post relevant content for their searches.

The site also allows users to reach others by their location in a city or state. There is also a community section, enabling users to communicate amongst themselves and share information. The talent shop that Flynaut built within the platform allows artists to sell or give away items, such as church equipment or instruments. We’ve also just begun the marketing phase and are working on our SEO and social media presence.

The project began with one project lead from Flynaut, with several designers and developers working under her. Depending on the various phases, we’ve worked with different individuals and had varying leads. Primarily, I’ve always been in contact with at least 2–3 people.

How did you come to work with Flynaut?

I’d used a website back in 2017 to find developers that could help us since I wasn’t sure how to do it myself. I believe three people reached out to me based on what I posted, but Flynaut was the most enthusiastic about my idea. They went the extra mile. I narrowed my search down to Flynaut and picked them based on their attitude and the things that I saw on their website. I felt that they could build out my vision and they won me over.

I’ve invested $15,000–$20,000 in their services.

We started working with Flynaut in January 2018. We’re still making finishing touches to the site.

What evidence can you share that demonstrates the impact of the engagement

The feedback on the website has been good so far, but we’re still finishing up the work. The responses have always been positive when I pitch the site and there’s a lot of excitement about it. I’m still waiting on feedback for our digital marketing efforts, but so far, we’re confident in how many followers we’ll get. From word of mouth and social media activity, the response is good but I expect it to grow based on their marketing research and work.

Flynaut took my idea and turned it into reality. Though they’d never worked on a project like this, and it was a pretty large scope, they succeeded in doing it.

How did Flynaut perform from a project management standpoint?

A project of this magnitude is going to have some hiccups and miscommunications here and there, especially for people not familiar with the field. However, looking at the bigger scope, they were able to take something I thought up in my head and actually make it work on a screen. They did a perfect job, in that respect.

Most of the communication has been via email, and we’ve used GoToMeeting for video conferences. We would talk at the end of each phase and they would tell me what’s been accomplished and show me how the site is responding through screen sharing.

They’ve always gone above and beyond to make me happy. I’m very nitpicky—especially for such a costly project—but they went out of their way to fix anything for me. For example, there was something I wanted to be changed, and they agreed to get on it right away for no extra money. They always come up with new suggestions. They want my business and it shows that they care about my ideas, which makes them stand out.

Some things got lost in translation. I’ve had to address certain things multiple times in emails and sometimes things would slip through the cracks. I felt they could pay a bit more attention to avoid this from happening.

Overall Score We’ve had some hiccups along the way, as was to be expected, but I'm happy overall.
    Some things took a little longer than was stated in the proposal, but it's difficult to pinpoint how much time it should normally take.
    After seeing the finished product, I can understand the price.
    Everything I asked for has been completed. Nothing went without.
    I know that they haven't wronged me and that my money is used wisely, so I want that for others.

Mobile App Dev & Digital Marketing for Consumer App

"From the beginning, they’ve believed in my mission and vision on a grand scale."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Flynaut LLC provides ongoing development and marketing support for a food waste app. They helped create the cross-platform app and website. Currently, they’re working on social media marketing and advertising.

Bridgeport, West Virginia
Seth Hansen
Founder, Smartphood

Though there are no metrics due to a recent launch, the app completely satisfies expectations. Flynaut LLC continues to serve as a dedicated business partner, going above and beyond to create the best possible product. Their insightful guidance and skilled development make them a valued asset.

I’m the founder and for now, the only employee, of an app called Smartphood, a food waste management platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flynaut LLC?

Essentially, I had various ideas about how to reduce food waste and thought a mobile app was the way to go. I needed a team to partner with me in bringing my ideas to reality.

Flynaut LLC serves as a business partner for my company, offering the full package in terms of mobile and web development. They assisted by making key suggestions about the app and provided useful advice. After I solidified all the legal aspects of the app, they helped with the various stages of development, making a native, cross-platform app for both Android and iOS. Their team also created a landing page and a straightforward website to go along with the product.

Now that we’ve launched the product, they’re supplying marketing support. They’ve set the company up on most social media platforms and create posts and content for it. Their team does creative writing and graphic creation, which coincides with the app and website, as well.

There have been at least six teammates working on the project from Flynaut LLC. I’m in contact with the project manager, and the rest of the team is comprised of developers and content marketers.

How did you come to work with Flynaut LLC?

I used Thumbtack to find a team. After posting basic information in my RFP, 3–4 groups responded. After communications, I chose Flynaut LLC. They showed a genuine interest in the work and we were on the same page about my vision.

I’m getting close to spending $50,000 on the project, so far.

We began working together in February 2018, and the engagement is ongoing.

Our feedback and statistics are minimal, as we’ve only recently launched and haven’t conducted extensive user research. However, I’m extremely pleased with the platform and how they took my rough idea and turned it into a functioning app. The design is absolutely perfect. Family and friends are also excited about the platform and its layout.

We’re planning on withholding from intense marketing until we establish the final version of the product. We anticipate needing to change the app over time and adapt it, so we’ll have more metrics on the promotional efforts when those are in full swing.

How did Flynaut LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything has run smoothly between our teams. The only delays that occur are due to me, as it’s my first time in this field, so sometimes the work takes longer than expected. They’ve been mindful of deadlines and managing the workload, too.

From the beginning, they’ve believed in my mission and vision on a grand scale. They understand where I’m coming from, even more than I did at first. Though I have limited development expertise, they’ve worked openly and honestly with me. They explain the financial aspects to me and are patient. Since our first meeting, we’ve connected and it’s led to a great partnership.

I can’t see anything we could’ve done differently.

Have open lines of communication. Being upfront, open, and blunt can help convey your vision clearly. Communicate to the maximum level for the best chance of achieving your ideas.

They work with my availability, which can be tricky.
    Although I don't know what is charged in the market, I'm pleased so far.

Software Development for Project Management Platform

"After spending $7,300, I had no design, no product, and no usable code."

Nov. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Flynaut replaced third-party resources to complete development for a SaaS prototype. The team needed to design modules and develop an API for software integrations prior to coding.

Marietta, Georgia
Atalaya Wilder
Project Manager, Neo and One

The engagement ended without designs or a product. Their work contradicted the scope, which resulted in 101unfulfilled Jira tickets and significant delays. Flynaut promised fixes, but didn’t produce any impactful solutions. Their servers made the prototype vulnerable and compromised its testing.

I am the CEO of Neo and One. We do project management, design, some business analyst work, product ownership, and consulting.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flynaut LLC?

The previous vendor for my project management software project became too expensive. I needed a new developer for to complete the software as a service product.

I wanted them to design additional modules prior to programming, and then develop an API to enable integrations. We already had a prototype at the start of work and agreed on a six-month timeline. To create a seamless transition between vendors, I expected to review requirements first and then establish a QA process for later stages.

The team included a project coordinator and business analyst that also served the project manager and developer.

How did you come to work with Flynaut LLC?

I met them at their office, where the team gave a great presentation.

I spent $7,300. I paid 30% upfront and the rest as milestone-based payments.

Work started in November 2017 and ended in April 2018.

What problems arose during the engagement?

They only assigned one resource to the project when the scope and documentation requirements called for two people. Consequently, I raised concerns about the project plan, but they responded in a brash manner with a last-minute outline. The plan only had one phase – which didn’t align with the initial scope – and incongruent deadlines. Flynaut’s leadership said they would resolve the inconsistencies, but never did so in a satisfactory manner.

Even though I provided the prototype, their designs didn’t reflect the accompanying files and style sheets. I requested to meet after the team submitted poorly constructed designs. Their managers agreed with my assessment, but their proposed fixes phased out after only two days. Concurrently, the team had most likely turned off the function I assigned for the prototype; it completely stopped working.

How did the relationship with Flynaut LLC evolve?

The senior leadership was welcoming in the beginning, but became less responsive as the problems accumulated. In many cases, they didn’t respond via email, phone, or social media. The quality of service declined after I submitted the initial payment. We were supposed to review the prototype after this payment, which preceded the design phase in the agreed timeline. However, the team started writing requirements before I had the chance to introduce the prototype.

I created a calculation to assess the project using a scale similar to school grades; 60 meant failing and 80 indicated good performance with room for improvement. The team earned a 65 when I inputted their information. We had been in constant contact, but I still didn’t know why they weren’t succeeding – whether it was lack of experience or resources. However, I was certain they weren’t solving the problem.

At this time, the team added third-party resources to the requirements documentation process, but management neither knew who these people were or how to reach them. The team’s actions unclear and most likely violated our non-disclosure agreement. The partnership declined from that point. The two-week documentation process stretched to two months. Despite the ambiguous hires, Flynaut still didn’t have enough resources to complete the documentation.

Additionally, the team never met a delivery date. I finally fired them. After spending $7,300, I had no design, no product, and no usable code.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

They made their server public, which exposed my project to hackers. I emailed them about the issue and requested they make the server, or at least my project, private. The team thanked me for letting them know, but never followed up.

Now, I’m planning to re-engage the previous vendor. My budget constraints are still a hurdle, but some key prototype improvements are feasible. Although this experience impeded an ongoing project’s progress, it helped me grow as a person. My equation’s functionality portended well for future success. Firing Flynaut limited the overall damage.

How was project management handled?

The code became unreliable near the end of work. They said the server caused the code to break. As a result, testing between Friday–Sunday didn’t work. I lost significant time.

We used Jira, but the tool didn’t enhance effectiveness or productivity. The management moved tickets to “done” within the tool without executing any meaningful changes. I only received unnecessary requests to approve modules, not updates about resolutions.

Jira was unnecessary because the scope’s collaborative plan made the tool redundant. Relatedly, the team told me some scope items were actually additional requests that necessitated additional fees. After submitting 101 Jira tickets in a very short period of time, I finally requested that Flynaut remove the development team from my project.

Is there anything that the vendor did well or that you would consider a strength?

No. Their behavior suggested indifference to this project and my vision. Now, I feel better that I’m not working with them anymore.

In what specific areas can they improve?

Time management was their greatest weakness. I was supposed to pay one more installment after the product’s completion, but they never moved out of the design phase.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

While other clients may have had better experiences, I felt mine was a worst-case scenario. Think carefully before hiring them. I hired them based on price alone when I should have factored in other considerations. I don’t want this to happen to someone else.

Website Redesign for Trust Company

"From a communication and reliability standpoint, they’re top-notch."

Sept. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Flynaut redesigned a WordPress website to better reflect a professional brand. The solution focused on adding modern imagery and improved user interaction by placing comment forms on every page.

Charlotte, NC
Michael Weber
EVP, TMI Trust Company

Flynaut translated an abstract vision into a concrete solution. The new site received positive feedback, both internally and externally. The intuitive layout generated a significant increase in user comment forms. Their flexible manager worked around a hectic schedule and stayed in constant contact.

I’m an Executive Vice President with TMI Trust Company. We’re a full-service corporate trust shop, assisting individuals executing transactions in capital markets. We also provide escrow and accounting services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flynaut LLC?

The style and substance of our existing website did not accurately reflect our brand. We wanted an attractive redesign to improve our digital presence.

Our existing site was very flat and simple, so our first priority was to redesign the structure and flow. I showed them a few sample websites whose design I admired and Flynaut created a new site with updated imagery to give us a more professional digital appearance.

We wanted to make it easier for potential clients to reach out, so they designed the site to include a contact form on every page.

Our existing site was built using WordPress, so Flynaut used the same platform as I was already used to the system. This allows me to easily make updates and changes.

I worked directly with a project manager who communicated my needs to their developers and designers. This system worked very well, as I preferred speaking with a single person over an entire team.

How did you come to work with Flynaut LLC?

I ran a Google search for a local web development companies and came across a site called Thumbtack. I chose three companies to interview based on their reviews. Even though Flynaut was the most expensive option, I was impressed enough during our meeting to hire them.

We spent $14,400.

We started working together in September 2017 and launched the site in January 2018. The project would have been completed sooner, but there were delays on my end. I still reach out to them if I need any updates that are beyond my capabilities.

The website has been positively received, both internally and externally. The improved layout has also made it easier for us to communicate with our clients. We received more comment forms during the first three weeks of launch than we did during the entirety of 2017. That alone is a testament to the site’s ease of use.

How did Flynaut LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

My job requires a lot of travel, so I was often slow to respond to my project manager’s emails. Despite this, she was very patient and stayed in constant contact to inform me of any updates. She sent me the updated link for approval any time a change was made, ensuring that the process flowed smoothly. From a communication and reliability standpoint, they’re top-notch.

I was impressed by their ability to translate my conceptual ideas into a concrete solution. It’s difficult to interpret a project when you’re dealing in abstract fields like design, but Flynaut produced both an initial proposal and final product that matched my vision. That’s not an easy task.

It would be helpful to have more face-to-face meetings to go over any changes. This may not be logistically feasible for some clients, but I find it easier to articulate my requests when we’re all in the same room looking at the site together. Corresponding through email worked fine for our purposes, but more in-person meetings could help smooth out the process.

Any delays were caused by our end.
    They’re more expensive than some competitors, but their value is worth the investment.
    A few minor issues arise after site updates–spelling errors, code appearing on screen, etc.–but these are miniscule.
    I've already recommended them to a few companies.

Exposure for Ebay Automation Service

"Flynaut truly cares about the success of my company, and it is always a pleasure to work with them." -- Founder and Lead Developer, eBay Automation Service

Oct. - Dec. 2016

Flynaut LLC provided an in-depth marketing plan in order to provide exposure to an eBay automation service.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Adam Maimon
Arbiship

The Flynaut team was warm and professional marketing advice that targeted customers to convert to the client's service. They cared about not only the project at hand, but the overall success of their client's company.

My business is a SaaS automation software for eBay sellers. I am founder and lead developer.

The challenge was to target customers and get conversions. The target was to attain as many relevant customers as possible.

Flynaut stood out amongst the other marketing firms and impressed me with their knowledge and personality. They provided a great marketing plan and assisted me with many aspects of the business.

Flynaut is a great service as they are always passionate and kind in what they do. Flynaut truly cares about the success of my company, and it is always a pleasure to work with them.

They work hard and in a timely manner.
    The cost was very manageable and fair.
    Everything they did was up to industry standards.
    They are a good company and I would refer them to others.

Web & App Dev for Health Clinic

“I was impressed with their flexibility and insight into marketing and web development.”

Sept. 2017 - June 2018

Flynaut LLC built a custom healthcare app for web and mobile. They also assisted with promoting the solution.

Greer, South Carolina
Chrissie Middleton
Nurse Practitioner, 7 Health and Wellness

Flynaut LLC translated business goals into a satisfactory app. The team was accommodating, organized, and knowledgeable.

I’m a nurse practitioner.

For what projects/services did your company hire Flynaut LLC?

We hired them for web development and digital marketing.

Our goals were health promotion and disease prevention. We also wanted to grow the company and reach global healthcare platforms.

I found them using Thumbtack.

They developed an app for web and mobile.

I worked with a lead developer and the design team.

Thanks to their work, we have multiple avenues to promote health and help others. They helped us reach our business goals.

It was effective.

Overall Score They were excellent.
    It was easy.