Software Development Company

Welcome to Cubix! We are excited to see you on our profile. Cubix is a leading mobile app, games and enterprise software development company! – expert in development, customization and integration of complex enterprise-level solutions, business intelligence analytics, advanced web and mobile solutions. With over 10 years of experience, we have worked for clients that include individuals, startups and organizations

Our team is constantly improving and mastering the industry progression. E-Learning, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, SaaS, Augmented Reality, Virtual reality etc. Our qualified development team has mastered all and are improving with the industry. Our work speaks for itself, check out our company portfolio and our client testimonials to see what they have to say about us on our website.

Our Services Include:

Pakistan
  • 17th Floor, Suite# 1705, Citadel tower, Business Bay, Dubai
    Dubai
    United Arab Emirates
  • P.O.Box 270017, Alhassan bin Hussain st.
    Riyadh 11352
    Saudi Arabia

We are proud to support some of the world's leading enterprises, agencies, and individuals as together, as we create result-driven and beautiful products.

Some of our key clients are Politico, Wallmart, Tissot, Sapient, Dreamworks, Canon, Data stream, Artizone, White castle, Suzuki, Sony, Paypal, Quaker, Rayban.

Shop4Me

Never forget a birthday or anniversary again! Shop4Me helps you remember birthdays, anniversaries and other important events so that you can commemorate the important people in your life with a gift or card. By syncing your contacts to Shop4Me and entering the important events and holidays that you want to remember, Shop4Me will prompt you before the event and will even suggest gift ideas and help you shop.

BirdeGreetings

Need to send a rush greeting card to a friend or holiday wishes to a relative halfway around the world? BirdeGreeting app can do the job for you. Whether you want to send a neat looking card or picture message, or you want to go all out with a customized, personalized, animated ecard with eye-catching gif emojis or cash gift, BirdeGreeting app fits your needs. Always have the perfect card at your fingertips—cards that will work for every who, what, where, and when in your crazy life.

Pee Spot

Many establishments including restaurants, fast-food and convenience stores, pubs and bars, parks, marinas , rest stops and more have clean, modern bathrooms. Yeah! But some don’t. Many just don’t try hard enough.

Our goal is to give you, the user, greater insight into where they are, what they look like before you get there and to promote those establishments that earn your highest ratings. Together, we can raise the bar on the quality of Pee Spots across the country.

Crisis Pal

CrisisPal has a goal to help keep users alert and safe by notifying and informing them of any nearby incidents which have been reported by other users. CrisisPal’s map uses your current location to display all nearby reported incidents. Users traveling to specific locations may use the search tool to scroll to a city, highway, or an event location to view any current or previously reported incidents.

AutoConnect

As a dealer or a consumer, it’s hard to go through the car buying process. Welcome to Auto connect app, where you can share and engage with dealership employees and buyers in the market to purchase, and ask question and establish a relationship that’s important to you without releasing your email or personal information till you want to

everyRUNN

everyRUNN, is for runners of all levels. This app seeks to provide a global platform in which individuals can track their performance and gain access to a community of like-minded individuals. everyRUNN provides a unique experience in which a runner can join and create events for pleasure, charities or stay connected with their current run clubs. This app affords its users peace of mind and safety while using the luxury of a safety tracker. This company vows to give running back to the people and their communities. It empowers users to run for a cause, fight heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to groups who support the fight.

Auto Connect

As a dealer or a consumer, it’s hard to go through the car buying process. Welcome to Auto connect app, where you can share and engage with dealership employees and buyers in the market to purchase, and ask a question and establish a relationship that’s important to you without releasing your email or personal information till you want to

As the car business has changed so much over the last 10 years, people want to feel conferrable with the people they are working with and purchasing from. Auto connect app makes this possible and as the number one biggest social network app for dealers and users, we invite you to join one of the fastest and easiest ways to now communicate in the car business world.

Glimmer

Glimmer is a social and relationship app designed for people with disabilities. The app provides a simple, safe, fun, and judge-free place for people struggling with disabilities to connect with each other. Glimmer is free to download and use, but offers special paid features in Glimmer Advanced.

Cartel Poker

Poker for fun is considered as a favorite pastime – activity for poker lovers throughout the world. If you are a poker lover, then you must search for something new idea in the field of poker region.Not only for entertainment, rather if you play poker games, you will stimulate your intelligence level as well as boost up the understanding power of human psychology. We can’t ignore its’ value since the age earlier.

On Break

On Break is the best way to get past a break up and connect with someone new. Post your story on the BreakBoard and read others’ stories. Get advise, give advise. Search for other Breakers. If someone catches your interest, send them a message or share your pics. Have fun!

Wish Pix

Wishpix is an event organizing app where one can share and plan out gifts for an event. Wishpix allows you to add, share and plan giveaways and gifts efficiently.

R4 Outdoors

R4 Outdoors is a refreshing app for outdoor adventure sharing. It is simple, lively, and fun to use. R4 Outdoors lets users take full control of how they want to interact, follow and like content of other users, make buddies and much more.

Chachis

Chachi is ideal for people looking for home cooked food near them. Now, you have contemporary home cooked food from a variety of home cooks within your reach.

Hoops By Tissot

Take your shot at Tissot’s 3D basketball game! We’ll let you choose the court, but your free throw skills will get you the points. Race the clock, challenge your friends, and shoot to score on Hoops by Tissot!

E-Commerce Web Dev for Computer Accessory Store

"Cubix remained in touch with us throughout the development process, which fostered reliability and trust."

Mar. - May 2018

Cubix developed a Magento e-commerce website. They went through multiple iterations and incorporated all reported feedback. The site contains new product categories that are easily searchable.

Washington, DC
Sale Manager, DirectMacro

Customers have reviewed the website well, praising its visuals and simple interface. Cubix implemented all requested changes and delivered progress reports regularly. Their layout scheme cut down on web management time. Customers can expect a trustworthy, professional team.

I’m the sales manager of an online store that sells computer accessories.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cubix?

We hired Cubix to develop an interactive website for our company. We had a concept in mind and wanted them to make it into a high-end website.

We wanted a website that is easy to use for both our customers and internal staff. We needed flawless functionality that would make us stand out from the competition.

Our company was looking for agile development and a team that was well-versed in e-commerce management. We’d heard of Cubix from several different sources. We shortlisted four other companies, but most of them didn’t have expertise in e-commerce websites, so we chose Cubix for its extensive development background. We didn’t want to take any chances.

They suggested a Magento website and briefed us about the project. We had several questions that they answered patiently and in detail. Once our teams were on the same page, they started the development process. We received the prototype shortly and asked for some changes. Cubix also helped us to better manage our product categories.

Six people worked on the project including the project manager, two web developers, two designers, and a content producer. More people joined the team as per the requirements.

We love the website’s features and its look and feel. It has helped our customers find the products they desire on our list easily, and they’ve left positive responses on the site. We also find it easier to upload and update products, saving us time and effort.

It was smooth and impressive. Our teams communicated via Jira and Skype. We were kept in the loop throughout and discussed updates in detail. Deadlines were efficiently met, and the project was completed on time. The team happily accommodated the changes we asked for.

Cubix remained in touch with us throughout the development process, which fostered reliability and trust. We knew what was happening on the backend and gave our feedback in real time. In the end, we made minimal changes because they’d already accommodated our preferences.

I didn’t face any problems throughout the project. They were highly professional and delivered the work on time. Their teammates were very cooperative.

iOS & Android Dev for Fitness & Health App

"They take every idea I have and implement it faster than I could have expected."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

In addition to creating a logo, Cubix designed and developed a marketplace app for iOS that features chat functionality and integrates various payment systems. An Android version is currently in development.

Urbana, Ohio
Chris Lawson
CEO, Vision Sports

The app experienced modest success and received promising reviews from retailers. Cubix has gone above and beyond the role of normal developers to assist with other services, such as fostering shipping service partnerships. Their dedicated team capably guides clients through unfamiliar processes.

I am the CEO of Vision Sports. We are an online marketplace for health and fitness items.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix?

I was building an app for my company and needed a firm to guide me through that process.

I was in the dark about many aspects of app development, so Cubix’s insight has been quite valuable. To start, I provided Cubix with rudimentary ideas for a logo, names for the company, and categories of products that could be searched on the app. Our discovery sessions have included conversations for the development process, color schemes, and user flows. Their team then designed a full logo and implemented it into an iOS platform.

In terms of features, they added a chat functionality that allows users to connect with product buyer/sellers. Notification settings alert users when products are purchased, shipped, and delivered. The team also integrated payment systems with PayPal, Venmo, and Apple Pay before coordinating shipping partnerships with the postal service and other carriers. Currently, they're developing an Android version.

They've assigned a project manager, a success manager, and a client supervisor.

How did you come to work with Cubix?

I found Cubix during an online search for an app project with a previous company. They grabbed my attention, and I was impressed with their work. Unfortunately, we couldn’t move forward at that time, but Cubix was such a big help then that I engaged them in this project once I started my own company.

I’ve spent around $22,000.

Our engagement began in September 2016 and is ongoing. The iOS app has launched in the App Store, and an Android version is currently in development.

We have received positive feedback on the app and its features from supplement and equipment companies as well as users. There have been 50–60 downloads, 27 profiles made, and one transaction completed so far.

How did Cubix perform from a project management standpoint?

Cubix makes the process extremely comfortable for me. I have a limited knowledge of the app-building process, but Cubix is fully accessible to answer my questions. Much of that interaction comes through Skype, emails, phone calls, and Stride meetings.

They take every idea I have and implement it faster than I could have expected. They find solutions to every roadblock we encounter. Also, they have been lenient in payment options and have assisted with helping get my company off the ground.

There have been times when I have not been updated about certain parts of the project as expected. I think they get so involved in the project that they forget to reach out to me, but, when they do, they explain everything really well. Still, more structured communication would be an area for improvement.

It’s best to start this kind of endeavor with a clear idea of what you want. Cubix has been able to bring me along as things develop, but we’d be further along at this point if I brought more to the table at the beginning. The tips I would offer would be to do your homework and have a detailed plan in writing.

iOS & Android Dev for Virtual Greeting Card App

“They designed an exact replica of the app I visualized inside of my head without any guidance from visual aids.”

Mar. - July 2018

Cubix. developed a greeting card mobile app for Android and iOS platforms. The e-cards can hold custom messages, pictures, gifs, signatures, and monetary value.

Mario Salvo
Owner, Birdegreetings

The app has amassed 50 downloads in two weeks without any promotion. Although a bug plagued the initial launch, Cubix. resolved the issue swiftly. Their honest and accommodating approach to business is their greatest strength, and their impressive design skills are a close second.

I created BirdeGreetings, a custom greeting card mobile app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix.?

I needed a development team that could turn my e-card idea into a functional mobile app.

Cubix. developed a mobile greeting card app according to the specifications I listed during a phone conference. Users can create accounts and access their profiles to view and edit saved e-cards. Custom text, still images, gifs, personalized signatures can be added to the cards, along with cash. A lightbox prompt allows users to send the e-cards via email, SMS, or on social media sites. They even integrated features that weren’t included in the original scope of work. Although they don’t provide online marketing services, gave me a few promotional tips and referred me to several digital ad agencies.

The senior product strategist helped me with the contract, while the project manager oversaw the development stages.

How did you come to work with Cubix.?

Cubix. was one of many app development firms I reached out to regarding this project. During the bidding process, it became apparent that my budget was too small to develop an app successfully. After months of discussion, Cubix. convinced me to continue with the project. I felt comfortable working with them because of their willingness to adjust their prices and provide references to past clients.

I spent $55,000 to develop the app.

We had our first meeting in October 2017, but we didn’t begin development until March 2018. I launched the app in July 2018.

After the initial launch, we had to remove the app from the App Store and Google Play Store to fix a major bug. Despite the lack of promotional efforts, the app has been downloaded by 50 users since returning to the market two weeks ago.

How did Cubix. perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager lives in a different time zone, but they worked hard to accommodate my tight schedule. Waiting for our schedules to align was frustrating when deliverables were due, but the project manager was exceptional at managing the timing, scheduling, and work pace for the development team overall. Stride was a great communication tool that kept both parties responsive.

I thought my lack of technical knowledge would hinder the project’s success, but Cubix. was great at guiding me along the way. They designed an exact replica of the app I visualized inside of my head without any guidance from visual aids. Beyond their talent, they’re an honest and pleasant company to work with. Their willingness to accommodate my budget and stay true to the quoted price was admirable.

Although a few problems occurred throughout the project, they worked fast to resolve the issue.

The most brilliant ideas tend to arise in the middle of the app development process. While it’s tempting to change the project’s direction to incorporate the newly conceived features, it takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to make changes during the development phase. Cubix. provides a detailed breakdown of their scope of work; review the document carefully before signing the contract to ensure that everything you want is listed.

Augmented Reality Advertising Marketplace

"They were very accommodating to all of our needs."

Feb. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Cubix. developed Android, iOS, and web versions of an augmented reality digital advertising platform. With the product, users can buy and sell goods and view explainer videos and other content.

Boca Raton, United States
Austin Lovvorn
Director of Paid Media, Ten Golden Rules

The first phase of development has completed, but the project is still in its infancy. To this point, Cubix. has been inclusive and receptive to all outside ideas. They are thorough in their QA measures and technical skillset.

I am the director of paid media at Ten Golden Rules. We are a full-service digital marketing agency working in several different verticals. I manage a team of internal and external vendors and employees who specialize in different aspects of paid digital media.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cubix.?

We hired Cubix. to create an augmented reality (AR) digital advertising platform where buyers and sellers could all collaborate in one exchange.

Our goal was to build a fully functioning marketplace on the frontend and backend of the platform.

We have worked with this vendor for several years on other enterprise projects and had complete confidence in them.

Users can log in and sign up on iOS, Android, and the web with social profiles. Buyers and sellers are able to manage their profiles. All products had AR functions with complex animations and detailed information backed by explainer videos and other interactive content. Payments are integrated with Stripe and Braintree. We have a detailed admin panel to manage users, orders, analytics, revenue, and many other KPIs.

We were assigned one project manager, individual iOS and Android developers, two software engineers for web services and the backend panel, one QA engineer, and a designer/frontend engineer. Their CTO and solutions architects were involved in quarterly progress report meetings.

Due to the confidentiality of this project, we are unable to provide any specific details. We have finished phase 1 but are still in the beginning stages.

They included us in their weekly sprints, which made us feel involved in the project the entire time.

Their team was extremely organized and patient with us. They were very accommodating to all of our needs.

Overall Score Overall we were very pleased
    considerably cheaper than several other perspective vendors
    already have

Android & iOS Development for Social Media Tagging App

“The look, data presentation, and UX met my expectations.”

Jan. 2015 – Ongoing

Cubix developed an Android and iOS application for a social media platform. The platform is similar to Instagram giving users opportunities to tag items of interest and share the experience with their friends.

Dallas, Texas
Emeka Ukawuba
CEO, TagOn Inc.

Cubix created the app as envisioned and it will launch soon. The team showed strong competency in creating the app. While some minor bugs and tweaks need to be resolved, the product is of high quality overall. Cubix demonstrated compassion and flexibility in their financing for a startup.

I’m the CEO of TagOn Inc., a social media tagging app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix?

We needed help with mobile app development.

They’re developing our Android and iOS app for a social media platform. It allows users to tag their favorite items with their friends. It’s similar to Instagram. I gave them a sketch and they started development. We continue to enhance the app’s performance. We’ll be launching soon.

I’m in contact with two people.

How did you come to work with Cubix?

I worked with them in the past. A friend of mine used to run the company. I always use him for my outsourcing needs.

We’ve spent $178,000.

We started working together in January 2015 and the work is ongoing.

It’s been a success so far. We had people in-house test the app for us. There are some small bugs that we’re trying to overcome and minor tweaks to do. The experience has been great. The look, data presentation, and UX met my expectations.

How did Cubix perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via email, Skype, and sometimes Facetime calls. We have a project management portal that we use to share updates.

They understand the financial struggles of a startup and they’re very flexible with us. They don’t drop the project and are helpful. They save us costs and give us discounts to support the project. They understand us on a personal and a professional business level. They have our back.

Sometimes when they transition from a project manager to another, it takes a little while for the new person to catch on. Once they get caught up, everything is good. There needs to be an overlap to make sure communication isn’t lost.

I recommend them.

I’ve referred them.

iOS and Android App Development for Chemotherapy Tracking App

"They didn’t treat me like I was too small for their notice."

Apr. - Dec. 2016

Cubix developed an app for Android and iOS to better inform a specific user base. The app incorporates innovative data input methods that are more suitable for mobile devices.

Kansas City, Kansas
Sean Keefe
Owner, Chemotherapy Tracking App

Due to App Store regulations, the iOS app has not been launched. The Android version is functional but has experienced similar post-development trouble. Still, Cubix followed project guidelines and developed professional-looking platforms. They were thorough and engaged partners.

I am an independent pharmacist specializing in dosing chemotherapy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix?

There aren’t a lot of tools available to help people determine the correct doses of chemotherapy. The ones that are available are pretty poor, so I hired Cubix to build an app for me.

My app was originally planned for iOS, but that development encountered some roadblocks. It has been developed for Android as well, but my perception is that medical practitioners, in general, use iPhones, so it is not widely used.

One feature of the app I was particularly proud of was a grid where height and weight intersect, allowing the users to input two data points with one swipe. Cubix understood that and built it. I thought it was novel, and it worked almost perfectly.

I remember having a top-notch project manager, but I cannot recall the remainder of the team.

How did you come to work with Cubix?

I found them in an online search. The work on their website looked professional. It looked like they did detailed and quality-oriented work. They returned my call, and they were courteous and professional. They didn’t treat me like I was too small for their notice.

Our engagement lasted from April through December 2016.

Sometime between initiating development and ending development, the App Store changed its rules or standards, and my app never got there. It was not accepted. I have not done a good job of promoting the Android app. It’s been a while, but the last time I logged in, it seemed as though a half dozen people in India were using my app. It’s been a disappointing ending to the project.

How did Cubix perform from a project management standpoint?

I had never done a project with this kind of team and this kind of technology, and I was pleasantly surprised. Dosing chemotherapy isn’t easy. There’s some math and some intuition and some rules, but they picked up exactly what I needed in surprisingly short order. They stuck to our agenda, and they were always prepared for our phone calls, which were concise and addressed only what was necessary. They offered valuable insight to the apps and how to improve them. We both had the desire to make a clean, well-running app.

I think they put out high quality at a fair price point. You can’t beat that. It was a very professional looking project. They’re proud of the work they do.

I wish we realized before trying to launch that it was going to fail. That failure is not entirely their fault, but I believe there was an opportunity there for them to help me avoid that.

For similar projects, you have to be quite precise with what you envision. I knew what functionality and features I wanted. My advice would be to use them because if you’re prepared, they’re going to work with you and do a great job.

Artificial Intelligence & iOS Dev for Social Media App

"They provided us with resources and did an outstanding job with everything."

Cubix developed an iOS app that utilizes artificial intelligence and Amazon Web Services. They developed full-screen functionality, expanded server-capacity, and expanded user’s ability to react to content.

New York
Anthony Coste
Co-Founder, Likehoop, Inc

The app is live and the market has responded well during tests, which has opened the door to significant expansion. Cubix was flexible with their payment structure, sensitive to client needs, and dedicated to long-term success. They are pro-active communicators and take deadlines seriously.

I’m the co-founder of Likehoop, a social mobile application

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix?

We needed to build an iOS application.

When we started, our idea was on a napkin, but they took it and molded it into a nice application. Currently, the mobile application is for iOS, but we’re planning to build the Android version with them when time and funding allow it.

We were having trouble displaying a full-screen view and being able to have multiple likes within the platform. People are now able to like a specific item in someone’s photo or video. At the time, we didn’t have the resources to get AR, so the offered us AI instead. They also used Amazon servers. We asked them to change the server capacity, and they went ahead and replaced it on time.

We worked with four or five project managers and three-four developers.

How did you come to work with Cubix?

We came across them when we searched online for companies within our budget. Their ad popped up on our computer so we got in touch with them and spoke to a senior application consultant.

We’ve spent around $53,000 so far.

We’ve been working with them since 2016.

We’re currently market testing version 1.0 and it’s really good. We’re growing at a good pace thanks to Cubix, and we’ve been receiving a lot of responses from around the world. Since it’s a social networking app, we trying to expand really quickly – even globally – because if we don’t, it could die in several weeks.

How did Cubix perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Slack and phone calls to communicate and Basecamp to share updates. They were also open to us visiting their office. They were on time with every task and finished the whole project ahead of time. They worked on it full-time, which made us really happy because we were able to complete the first beta version on time – our angel investors were requesting updates weekly.

When we first had our idea, no one would help us since we couldn’t provide the complete funding. Cubix wanted to change our mood and complete the application without the available funding when they needed it the most. They provided us with resources and did an outstanding job with everything. My co-founder and I are really thankful that Cubix pulled it off for us. We’re really happy to have a live application in the App Store. We don’t know where we’d be without Cubix.

The senior app consultant has been really understanding. He’s done an outstanding job reaching out to us and completing tasks on time. Since day one, Cubix has wanted our application to be popular, so they went ahead advanced our technology without even asking.

Be on top of your project and really work with them. Don’t let it slip. Instead, try to have regular meetings, either every few days or weekly, to stay on top of your project. Cubix kept us motivated because we had those weekly meetings.

iOS and Android Development for Automotive Platform

"I appreciated the passion they felt for their job, for us, and for our idea."

Mar. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Cubix developed iOS and Android applications, taking the company's initial idea and developing it into a final product. They also provided testing services and support on its completion.

Alabama, USA
Owner, Auto Connect

The finished applications are used by around 100,000 users, all providing mostly positive feedback. The team responded quickly to any requests or issues that arose during the project or testing phase and were helpful in directing the development with their advice and expertize.

Our company designed a social networking app for people in the automotive market, specifically dealership staff.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix?

We had the idea and we needed to make it come to fruition. We wanted to create a product, but we didn't have the technical knowledge to create it ourselves.

They assisted us by finding out about our idea, establishing what we knew we wanted, and then making it a real thing. They developed the application for Android and iOS.

Our main goal was to have customers in the market and dealerships interact with each other, while making that process easy and comfortable for them, as well as confidential if they wish. Cubix's team provided some tips and ideas, but that was the extent of it.

The project manager from their side was our main point of contact, after our initial contact in the early stages. The development work was all done behind the scenes, so I don't know how many developers were involved.

How did you come to work with Cubix?

We found them through online research. The project manager who spoke with us made us feel comfortable entrusting them with the work. He understood our vision and was passionate about it. We spoke with several other companies, but they were the one who made us feel like they genuinely cared and believed in it like we did.

We've spent around $100,000 with Cubix.

We started working with Cubix in March 2017. The app was launched around April.

All the user feedback has been positive. Cubix was very active with the work, especially when it came to testing and having lots of people testing with us. We've had some technical glitches, but they were extremely responsive and are continuing to work with us on fixing these minor things.

We’ve already had 100,000 downloads, with minimal advertising. Our big advertising campaigns haven’t kicked off yet.

How did Cubix perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated by email and HipChat. They did great in communicating with us, always keeping us in the loop, and ensuring we could reach out to them whenever we had a question. We’re on very different time schedules, which could have been a major issue, but we made it work. We’ve only had one middle-of-the-night meeting in order to coincide with their morning. Otherwise, they were great at working with our schedule, even calling us on their days off.

Their passion for what they do and for doing it well. At one point in the process, we could have launched, but they said that they could do better work. We ended up starting almost all of the way over. They weren’t okay with what they had and that wasn’t something that cost us more money. All they asked for was for more time to do better. They definitely delivered a better product when they had the time. I appreciated the passion they felt for their job, for us, and for our idea.

Their knowledge of the industry was a major strength. We would have an idea, but they would say “Well, I see why you would think that, but let me tell you why it’s not a good idea.”. They would steer us to where we should have been. They made the product into what it needed to be in order to function well in the market.

I don’t think so. The development took a long time, but that was because they’re detail-oriented, not because they work slowly or did anything wrong. There was a lot involved in the project, which they started from absolutely nothing. We're more than satisfied.

Ask any questions they might have and trust Cubix’s advice, along with their own gut instinct. They took the time to answer and guide us. They always said, “It’s your choice, but this is what we suggest.”

Overall Score If I could give higher, I would.

Web Design for IT Services Firm

"[T]hings were turned in less than 24 hours, it was all very fluid because they use offsite teams."

Aug. - Oct. 2016

Cubix utilized Bootstrap as the frontend development framework for an existing web redesign, and incorporated HTML and CSS interface components.

DC Metro Area
Denise Marcus
Director of Operations, DataStream

The client was extremely satisfied with the results and in comparison with other local design firms, their work was far superior. The team was easy to work with and responsive to feedback throughout the whole process.

I’m the director of operations at Datastream. At the time, I acted as the project manager for a company that we were working with in California and we were creating an enterprise content management system for them. They provide web design to about 100 companies, and part of this creation was to modernize that web design.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix.

We were looking for redesigns for an existing website. The client wanted something more modern and a total redo of what they had. We reached out to see if they would be able to handle that for us.

They provided a complete web redesign. We showed them the existing website and gave them background on the company as an IT services firm that provides training, documentation, and classes that are recorded. We wanted a bootstrapped website with HTML and CSS framework, and they delivered.

The first set of designs was complete at the end of August 2016, and then the client chose to have another design created for a different client. They began working on the second set of designs in September and were finished in mid-October 2016.

I spoke with Richard [VP North America, Cubix] and he was the only liaison that I worked with.

How did you come to work with Cubix?

They were recommended by a co-worker. We usually reach out to companies with a personal recommendation because it helps us get started in the right direction.

In total we spent about $10,000. The first set of designs was $4,000 and the second was $6,000.

We began working together in August 2016 and the engagement is complete.

The client was happy with the final products. I would sit down with them and give them 10 designs, and they would communicate which one they would like or what they wanted changed. The whole process was very fluid because they use offsite teams, and the products were turned around in less than 24 hours. The client had actually engaged another California company for additional designs and presented them both to their client, and the design from Cubix won hands down.

How did Cubix perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, we were happy with them. I had one in-person meeting with Richard, but we mainly communicated through email. I would communicate with my client and then speak with Richard, who would work with his team and come back to me in a very timely manner. The time zone generally worked in our favor and the designs were complete by the time my client was ready to review them.

Their ability to understand and listen to what the client wants, and then implement.

No, there was nothing that I experienced.

They were very responsive.
    They were kind of pricey, but they had a lot of designs to do in a very short timeframe.
    Excellent.
    I would not hesitate.

iOS & Android App Dev for Nonprofit Organization

“They worked very hard to keep the project on timeline and within the quoted budget.”

Jan. 2016 - Dec. 2017

In order to rebuild an app that was no longer accessible, Cubix reconstructed an Android app with similar functionality for use in family services. They returned to add an iOS version and make enhancements.

Germantown, Maryland
Melissa Steward
VP of Marketing, National Fatherhood Initiative

Willing to accommodate nonprofit budgets, Cubix brought their robust experience to the project. They checked in consistently, and were communicative, easy to reach, and responsive. The Android app shows over 500 downloads to date.

We are a nonprofit organization that operates as a traditional B2B entity. We produce curriculum and other skill-building materials that family service nonprofits can purchase and use.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cubix?

We were seeking a company to develop an app that could be used for free by dads. We initially wanted an Android version, but later wanted to add an iPhone version and make enhancements.

They built a simple app that allows dads to create time sensitive checklists of things they want to accomplish with their children. It allows users to list daily, weekly, or monthly items, and check them off as they complete them. There is a history section where dads can go back and reflect on the different activities or engagements. Most recently, we added a 24/7 Dad Pledge that can be shared on social media through the app. Finally, there’s a compiled list of resources, webpages and ebooks.

The original version was built by one of our board members, but when we parted ways, we couldn’t access the developer section. Cubix reconstructed it with similar functionality in Android, then in iOS. They updated it, creating wireframes for us to review, and using UI best practices.

Our project manager Harris [App & Game Consultant, Cubix] was my main point of contact throughout the various engagements. At different times, there were different developers involved in the deliverables, though I only had direct contact with a few of them.

How did you come to work with Cubix?

I found them on Clutch.co. We contacted three different vendors, and chose Cubix because their previous work examples were much more robust, and they were willing to work with us on pricing. Our funding came from a foundation, and we had a specified budget we needed to work within, and they were willing to accommodate that.

For all their involvement, we spent close to $20,000.

We worked together over a two-year period. The initial app build took three or four months. When we returned to create the iPhone version, we used the Android version as a template, so that only took a couple of months. Then the most recent enhancements and the 24/7 pledge I mentioned took about two months. Those updates are now done, and we’ve gone live.

We had over 500 downloads of the Android app that we know of. The individuals who use our programs and products are usually employees of nonprofit organizations that serve fathers and families across the nation. They like the app, and encourage fathers to download it. It meets the needs of dads with a variety of educational backgrounds and different challenges. If a caseworker needs to track a father’s progress, they can use the app’s history to add to his casefile. We’ve had someone ask who helped us develop it. It sounded like they had a project in mind and were considering Cubix as a potential vendor.

How did Cubix perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very communicative, easy to reach, and responsive. Most of our communication was through phone or email. I always knew what was going on, and I liked that Harris was copied on many of our email exchanges. If there were any misunderstandings, or if I ever needed clarification, he could step in and explain or act as a guide.

They worked very hard to keep the project on timeline and within the quoted budget. They followed up on things they needed from us, and were constantly checking in. Other projects have required a lot of proactivity on our end, but Cubix is very proactive themselves to keep things on track and on schedule.

My only recommendation would be to have a spokesperson for the development team. There was a bit of a language barrier with some of the developers I spoke with. We could always bring Harris into the conversation if we needed to, but having a development lead would help reduce any confusion or misunderstandings.

They were very timely, and were never the cause of any delays.
    The value is excellent. They were considerate of our nonprofit status and gave us an excellent product.
    I usually received what I expected. We made some edits to their deliverables.
    We’ve already recommended them to someone.