The PPC Profit Engine

Black Propeller is an industry-leading digital agency specializing in PPC advertising. We’re based in Baltimore, MD and we are passionate about helping other businesses dominate their markets with PPC advertising. Our company was founded in 2011 and since then we have grown to manage more than $1,000,000 in PPC advertising annually for our clients.

PPC advertising is our passion. We love it so much in fact, that it’s all we do!  We are laser-focused on perfecting our craft and providing our clients with the very best in PPC management.

Bel Air, MD
  • 2021 B Emmorton Rd, Suite 122
    Bel Air, MD 21015

Next Day Floors, US Mortgage, Estes, Arocon

Black Propeller Review - Next Day Floors

Next Day Floors CEO Krista Eliason explains how Black Propeller has helped her company grow into the Mid-Atlantics leading flooring retailer.

PPC for US Mortgage Company

“Their experience with PPC campaigns is really impressive and explains how successful they have been already.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Black Propeller creates and manages PPC advertisements for a US mortgage lending business to increase quality leads for their renovation lending products. Their team also provides SEO services.

Melville, New York
Lee Smith
VP Renovation Lending, US Mortgage Coporation

Lead conversion rates and percentage of leads that are ultimately closed have both increased significantly since the beginning of the engagement. The Black Propeller team is extremely organized and effective, keeping all project stakeholders updated on progress at all times.

We are a mortgage lender in the United States, and I am the vice president of the renovation lending platform for our US mortgages.

What challenge were you trying to address with Black Propeller?

We hired Black Propeller to run our PPC campaign for our renovation lending products, which consisted entirely of Google Ads.

They created and operated our entire Google Ads campaign and monitored it and updated us to make sure we were meeting certain parameters as we went through the campaign.

There were two or three members of their team working with us at most times. One was an account manager and the rest were all responsible for SEO.

How did you come to work with Black Propeller?

I researched PPC companies in Maryland on the internet and liked them the best.

I would say we’ve spent about $40,000.

We started in February 2019 and are currently still working together.

We track all the statistics on what we do, and we’ve seen a dramatic increase in leads. We’ve had an increase in both conversion rates and the number of loans getting to close, which represents the overall quality of the leads.

How did Black Propeller perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done an excellent job with project management. We are always up to date on how things are going and what our next steps will be.

We would always like to have more leads, but I don’t think there’s anything in particular that they could do better.

I think if other organizations are looking at them to run their campaigns, I would suggest that they make sure they really clearly understand their end goals, who their clients are, and be able to establish those with Black Propeller ahead of time to make sure they have a really successful campaign.

Nationwide PPC Campaign for Building Materials Company

“They never back down when something doesn’t work, instead, we readjust and move forward.”

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Black Propeller designed and developed a new website for a building materials company. Their team also ran a nationwide PPC campaign on Google and Bing to increase online visibility.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Tarrell Graham
Controller, Piedmont Door Solutions

The new website is more engaging and updated and the PPC campaign has led to increased business. Black Propeller goes above and beyond to provide solutions, coming prepared with ways to solve any arising issues. Their team is honest, flexible, and open to feedback.

I am the controller at Piedmont Door Solutions. We install and repair door and security systems for both new installations and for remodels. We are a commercial company with a nationwide footprint and home bases in five states.

What challenge were you trying to address with Black Propeller?

We were looking to improve visibility in our industry and to refresh our website.

When we initially hired Black Propeller, it was to update our website and PPC wasn’t a consideration. We didn’t believe it was common for people to pursue commercial construction leads through PPC. Generally, commercial construction is thought of as very regional and I believed it had to be developed exclusively through direct sales and long periods of time.

The team tore down our old site and built us a customized site on a WordPress backend. They made extensive CSS changes to make sure the site would best fit our needs.

During that process, John really helped show us that PPC would work for commercial clients. He built out an entire campaign and presentation for us as a sample – again I was skeptical, but his model and plan were really solid. He and our VP have a great working relationship and are both visionaries in their approach to marketing, they made a tremendous team and had the vision to push us into a new arena.

How did you come to work with Black Propeller?

I had worked with them previously at another company and they had helped update our old website, so when I needed to update this one, I knew who to turn to. There’s a fine line between a visually appealing website and one that fits for a commercial construction company, and I know they’d be able to walk it.

Our ongoing engagement with Black Propeller began in August 2016.

Everything they’ve done for us has been great. They address challenges for us and help us sell these very specialized products. Black Propeller has improved our branding and the look and feel of our website.

How did Black Propeller perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated through email and phone calls. They’ve let us choose how we prefer to be in contact with them. Black Propeller always responds very quickly.

I find their directness to be refreshing. They’re very honest when something isn’t possible or isn’t going to work.

Black Propeller never comes to us without a way to accomplish a goal. They never back down when something doesn’t work, instead, we readjust and move forward. Their availability, openness to criticism, and honesty are the things we like most about working with them.

I want to provide some criticism because it makes things sound more realistic, but honestly no. Our teams address things in real-time for almost two and a half years. If there were still major things to improve, we wouldn’t be working together.

Anytime you’re dealing with a vendor, I would always put things in writing. Always make sure you have contracts in place, which is just your standard due-diligence. Also, embrace an honest and transparent relationship—if you treat this as a partnership and you will be better off.

If you’re basing it on ROI, this has been worthwhile.
    I do it all the time. Anytime anybody asks me for a recommendation, I send them their way.