Build better software

Gold

AirDev is the leader in ultra-rapid web development using no-code technology. We use our speed advantage to help our clients launch and iterate quicker, in order to build products that users actually want.

Some things that make us different:

• Lightning Fast: most projects get completed in 1-5 weeks and our timelines are guaranteed
  • Business and Tech: our Product Owners will help you figure out the right product to build in order to test your business idea
  • Works at Any Scale: our team works with a range of companies from early-stage to enteprise and are able to ramp resources up and down as needed

San Francisco, CA
  • 701 Sutter St
    San Francisco, CA 94109

HP, Lenovo, CVS, Chevron, Y-Combinator startups, McKinsey & Co, Bridgespan Group, Teach for America, The Rockefeller Foundation

Client Case Study: Dividend Finance

"AirDev has built a system that's allowed us to scale to hundreds of millions of dollars of loans per year, with tens of thousands of reps. Without them we wouldn't have been able to develop that core product nearly as quickly as we have."

Cadence CEO Matt Conger talks about partnering with AirDev to create a Salesforce-connected portal for his thousands of expert linguists to facilitate booking their translation gigs.

E-Learning Platform Development for Consulting Business

“The need was to execute on our idea, and they had a very good system in place to make that happen.”

May - June 2020

AirDev developed an e-learning platform on Bubble for a consulting business that needed to diversify its services. The platform allows companies to easily create training and learning modules.

Manhattan, Kansas
Jeff Smith
Founder, FiveSeven Solutions

AirDev satisfied the requirements and ultimately exceeded expectations by communicating clearly and delivering clean, functional code. Responsive and precise, the team executed a seamless development process. The internal portal they used for tracking purposes added value to the partnership.

I’m the founder of and senior consultant to FiveSeven Solutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

The primary business challenge was directly related to the onset of COVID-19. I’m a consultant in the hospitality space, focusing primarily on hotels and restaurants, and I needed to diversify immediately, pivot, and add new services and products to my consulting offering.

I decided to build an e-learning platform. A lot of the work that I do is coaching and developing leaders and teams, so it was important to be able to rapidly build an e-learning platform that I could use with my current client base as well as provide to new clients and markets.

The product for the application is Sofia Train, an online e-learning platform. As we were pursuing the market, I noticed that a lot of e-learning products didn’t provide real simplicity of UI. These products made it challenging to create training modules or to add video, graphics, and PDF documents into those trainings. AirDev used the Bubble platform to solve those problems rapidly. Once the e-learning or training is creating and issued into the market, the users who have created that training can easily measure results and share those results with learners. I did the frontend work; AirDev just did the development.

I believe there were three team members. I worked with one individual on scoping and a developer. I understand there were a couple of people behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

I’d built an enterprise, web-based software platform six years ago using traditional development methods. We’d spent extensive amounts of cost and time, and we realize that we needed to pursue other methods because we didn’t have the investment dollars we had prior.

We came across the Bubble platform about 2–3 years ago while considering development options, and then we discovered AirDev. We had some initial high-level conversations about this project, and then we tabled it until May 2020, when we needed to pivot our business. Because of our initial interactions with the founders of AirDev, Vlad (Founder & Co-CEO) being the main one that I’d worked with, I felt very confident that they were a good company.

The first round of work cost around $6,000.

We kicked off the project on May 7, 2020. We’d presented the concept and done some scoping 1–2 weeks before that. We completed the first round of work about two weeks ago, and we’re getting ready to kick off the second round.

They did a really good job. In a sense, we didn't identify upfront what those clear success metrics were, but there needed to be clear communication on testing and QA, responsiveness, and clean code that works. I wanted to have a very good platform in place that would allow us to communicate over the distance between us. If I found a bug, I needed to be able to report it so that they could identify, replicate, and fix the bug, and then retest to ensure there were no regression bugs lingering.

The platform they used created a tremendous amount of success for our project. In my opinion, software lives and dies in being able to produce a clean product, and so that was the success that I measured. The need was to execute on our idea, and they had a very good system in place to make that happen.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

They did very well. On a scale of 1–10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is perfect, they were a 9. We used their portal for project management. The team was very good and precise in their communication. Precision is everything when it comes to designing and developing software that needs to do what it's supposed to do. There was a really healthy line of communication with them, and they were very responsive.

I was nervous ahead of time about their technical capabilities and whether we’d have good and clear communication, but they did a phenomenal job in all of those categories.

To find something, I’d have to dig pretty deep. Off the top of my head, I’d have to say no. I was pleasantly surprised by their responsiveness and ability to deliver clean code.

I would say to trust the process and trust them. They have a very good process in place. I love the portal that they use and the way they do things. The team I worked with did exactly what I’d hoped they would do.

Platform Design & Dev for Small Dollar Loan Company

"AirDev exercised a reasonable degree of flexibility in terms of changing elements."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

AirDev designed and developed a lending platform for a small dollar loan company. The team managed integrations to ensure compliance with industry standards. They also built a marketing page.

Owner, Small Dollar Loan Company

AirDev delivered a visually appealing and flexible platform that generated exclusively positive feedback from users. Supporting streamlined collaboration, the team met deadlines and communicated effectively. The team was driven and responsive to changes, which resulted in a successful engagement.

I’m the owner of a small dollar loan company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

We wanted to increase the speed to market of our platform at an effective cost. We wanted a strong UX/UI too.

AirDev helped us to create a single marketing page. They also built the lending platform, integrating it with multiple service providers to keep us compliant. The integrations help us from a know your customer perspective as well as move money through the ACH banking system.

From start to finish, I've worked with three people. I primarily worked with one developer.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

I learned about them through Bubble. I reached out to different service providers in the network. I talked to a few people that said I should look into AirDev because the project was complicated. I spoke with a past client and felt comfortable with their processes as well as their portfolio. I knew that they had specific experience with the integrations I wanted for my platform too.

The project will cost $20,000 in total.

I initially engaged them in November 2019, and we’re close to wrapping up.

I tested the lending platform with an existing user base and received nothing but positive reviews. The modular UI component looked great.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

We defined milestones and deadlines in the scope document. Their team hits deadlines.

I relied on the project management tools AirDev provided. It’s easy to communicate with them.

Once they met a milestone, their team put together a script for user testing. That process worked well.

Their team was prepared to move quickly, and the products look good. I also trust their development team.

AirDev exercised a reasonable degree of flexibility in terms of changing elements. They put effort into the scope upfront, but I influenced scope changes. We were able to reach a reasonable solution that wrapped into part of the original scope.

We put a model together in excel to calculate the financial components. In hindsight, I wish we spent more time talking about the variables. Excel can be complicated, leaving room for error. However, I don’t necessarily blame them for that.

It would’ve been helpful to have more in-depth documentation or explainers of the application’s parts and how they interact with each other. Their team did provide documentation, but I went back and asked them for more specific features, which they gladly added.

This goes hand in hand with creating more thorough documentation. It would’ve helped to have a crash course in Bubble. There are tasks that I’d like to know how to do so I’m not consuming their time and energy with small fixes.

It’s important to make sure that you’re building a product that people will use. Put time into the scope documentation. If there’s anything that’s specific to your industry, invest more time to make sure everyone knows how it works.

Web Dev for Jobs & Hiring Marketplace

"I didn’t know where to start. They created a great strategy and brought my idea to life."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

AirDev developed a job website using Bubble. They worked closely with their partners to deliver the features and colors outlined in the scope of the project. They plan to build an app as well.

Cote D'Azur, France
Doana Ruhlmann
Founder, Mimoolah LLC

Patient and collaborative, AirDev went above and beyond. Although they continue to work on the project, they delivered fantastic designs. External feedback has been great. On top of that, the AirDev team was professional and managed the project well.

I’m the founder of Mimoolah LLC, a job and hiring marketplace.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

I needed someone to develop my website. I wanted something that was quick, easy to use,  and simple wording.

They built our website which is a marketplace that people can use to find quick, last-minute jobs. They used Bubble. I helped because I had very specific colors and functions in mind. I gave them a bit more work than what they signed up for. They were really patient and gave me some ideas of different designs that might work and would go well with the website I had in mind. We worked together with that. We continue to work together on new functionalities. They’re probably going to design an app for me as well.

I work with Lucien (Partner) and one other person.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

I did an online search and spoke to two other companies before AirDev. I got a hold of Lucien and started talking to him about my project. He’s very smart and patient. He was able to steer me towards what I really wanted to do. He explained everything to me very patiently. He put together the scope which we talked about a lot several times and I was really happy with it.

I’ve spent $8,000 so far. When it’s finished, it will be around $20,000.

We started working together in January 2020 and the work is ongoing.

They did more than I expected them to do. It’s a great website with really nice design. We’re doing a little bit of tweaks right now, but so far, so good. I’m really happy with them and am going to stay with them. There’s still a lot of functionality I want to add.

They designed the website for me better than I thought I wanted it. They’ve been very patient in making a lot of changes that I wanted. I asked them to change the colors a few times. They’ve had to change the images and the fonts for me several times. I wanted an extra page for the client and they were patient with that. Their work was better than I expected. I’ve been to two gatherings and I only received positive comments from an international group of people. They think the website is really nice and really easy to use.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

Lucien was very kind and patient. I didn’t know where to start. They created a great strategy and brought my idea to life. It’s been really great working with him. I wasn’t a very technical person and it’s really important that someone who’s going to work with me is as patient as Lucien.

Project management is excellent. They’re very quick to reply. They’re very professional. Since I had a budget due to COVID-19, a lot of the resources I was able to get on my own, they provided it free for me to find without me having to pay extra. I would have never known those resources had they not provided it for me. It’s better than I expected. They’re really great.

They’re professional and are able to patiently work with various clientele. A lot of technical people cannot relate to non-technical people, but they can. They don’t make me feel discriminated against as a woman and somebody who isn’t very technical. They performed better than I expected. I’m pleased with them.

I’m happy with the results. I have nothing negative to say about them.

Know exactly what you want to do so you don’t waste a lot of time with them because they’re very busy. Had I been extremely precise at the beginning, it wouldn’t have taken so much of their time making changes.

The reason they were behind is because I asked so many questions. They answered them all and they’ve done it all.
    They’re very good.

Web Development for Social Media Platform

“They’re helping me to build something custom and unique to my needs, rather than just giving me a generic solution.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

AirDev built the MVP of a sports social network platform. They developed the web-based platform on Bubble and added various features and functionalities. The work is ongoing.

CEO, Social Media Platform

AirDev has satisfied the requirements by delivering a functional platform while adhering to the budget and timeframe. What differentiates the AirDev team is that they not only provide value for money but also act as a trustworthy, responsive partner. They communicate seamlessly.

I’m the CEO of a social network for sports fans.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

I hired AirDev to build an MVP of my platform. I’m not a software engineer, so I couldn’t build it myself, and outsourcing resources to an app development agency was too costly for my budget. I needed something that could be put together quickly. I was looking for no-code or low-code alternatives that would deliver the features, functionalities, and usability that I wanted out of a platform, that would also fit within my budget.

AirDev took one of their standard social network templates and customized it to build one that’s entirely focused around being a community for sports fans. They put in a lot of different features, like events, and sports-specific functionalities, such as the ability to support your teams and build individual groups. They’ve essentially built a social platform leveraging the low-code platform that they use, Bubble, that looks and functions like a real platform. It’s web-based.

I work with two people from their team. A product manager works with me to scope out the product in terms of features and functionalities, and a software engineer does the execution on the plan that the product manager and I develop together.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

I did a bunch of research. After looking through many different low-code options and talking to AirDev’s CEO on a quick call, I decided they were the right fit for me. They fit my budget, and the functionality was strong. Most importantly, I trusted them as an organization to deliver on what I was looking for within my timeframe. I knew I’d be able to get really good value for my money. Often, when you’re looking to outsource app development, you can go down many different roads, and my biggest concern was working with an organization that would stop being responsive or wouldn’t be a good steward for my idea. Based on my initial interactions with AirDev, I was able to get a good sense of who I was working with, and I felt comfortable with them, which was a major reason why I chose them over anybody else.

I’ve spent $15,000–$20,000 across different projects as we continue to add things to the platform.

I started working with them in August 2019, and it’s ongoing. AirDev provides a really good way to build a quick MVP of your product and develop to a certain point. The hope is that I’ll be able to grow my company to be big enough that we’ll have to move off this platform, but right now, it’s doing everything that I expected of it. AirDev provides responsive service, and they’ve been a very good partner in this journey.

They have always delivered what the promised and on the deadlines that were set. I don’t have any definitive ROI numbers because we’re trying to grow the users on the platform right now, but the feedback has been positive. It’s very challenging to go into the social network space since people are so used to the nice experiences that Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter provide. However, AirDev got the core functionality down, and users see that the platform does what it should be doing.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform well – I have had no problems with them. They’re always very responsive. We communicate through their internal portal. They’ve done a good job of letting me know what they can do right away or what might be part of a future build. The communication has been very good.

I would say the trust factor that I mentioned earlier sets them apart. I know they’ll be there for me if I have any bugs or challenges. They’ll be there with me throughout the journey; I won’t have to go out and find another agency, and they won’t disappear and take my money.

The cost factor was also big. Building on a low-code platform is much more cost-effective than hiring a full-time software developer. There are obviously some tradeoffs there, but for what I’m trying to do right now, the cost factor, the speed of development, their overall responsiveness, and their ability to work with me and be a partner to me – they’re helping me to build something custom and unique to my needs, rather than just giving me a generic solution ¬– are all really great things that I see as differentiators for them.

One small thing would be their distributed teams; sometimes, their product manager or software engineer is in a different time zone than me, so we’ll miss each other on comments. I think more clearly communicating upfront what time zone they’re in would help so that I know I need to send comments by a certain time and don’t miss two days of work instead of just one. For the most part, having people in different time zones isn’t an issue; it’s more just understanding where I, as the stakeholder, need to respond and understand their hours.

Definitely have a very clear idea of what you want. The clearer you can be in terms of your instructions, product roadmap, and ideas that you want them to implement, the better. They’re here to execute on your idea and will obviously provide recommendations as they go, but they don’t ultimately own it; you do. The most value you’ll get out of the relationship is if you come with a very clear, defined product in mind, and then they’ll tell you what they can do, the cost, and the timeline. Don’t limit your imagination and objectives; bring it all to the table, and then AirDev will work with you to find that medium in terms of what can be accomplished on the platform.

Web App Development for Internet Company

"AirDev was able to build an application efficiently."

Feb. - May 2020

AirDev directed full stack development of a web app using CSS, HTML, and Bubble to collect and manage data from a website for an internet company. They integrated Stripe, Google Analytics, and SendGrid APIs.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Founder, Internet Company

AirDev delivered a successful web app that quickly generated significant time and cost-savings. The team was accessible and provided ready solutions, which resulted in a quick and cost-efficient engagement. Their competent project management and professionalism resulted in a successful partnership.

I’m the founder of an internet company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

I needed to build a custom dashboard that kept track of data on our website.

AirDev developed a web application with CSS and HTML. Their team also used Bubble. They implemented Stripe, Google Analytics, and SendGrid APIs. Their team also did the frontend design work.

The platform tracks and reports data to us through a business intelligence dashboard. It also provides data to our customers and handles monthly invoicing.

We worked with just one person from AirDev.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

I knew one of their founders. I tried to work with a different vendor, which was a disaster. I went back to AirDev.

We spent around $20,000 on this project.

We started the engagement in February 2020, and it wrapped up in May 2020.

They built a piece of technology that paid for itself in time and cost savings within the first couple of months following its launch. They built the product in less than a month. Our previous contractor couldn’t finish the product in six months.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

AirDev was responsive, even over the weekend. They used their own system to keep track of features and communicate with us. The system included a chat room that organized all of their different tasks. It was easy to use. We knew exactly where tasks were.

Their team communicated a timeline and stuck to it, so they met deadlines. Their team was amazingly organized, which made it easy to work with them. They asked all of the right questions. I’m a full stack developer, so I know when a development firm that I’ve hired goes off the rails. AirDev was efficient.

AirDev was able to build an application efficiently. We were able to take advantage of pre-built solutions. The core integrations already existed, so we didn’t have to pay AirDev to build them from scratch. This made the project less expensive and more efficient.

When you build software, there will always be bugs. They didn’t get all of the requirements 100% during the first build. But they fixed bugs quickly and were good about testing.

Be as clear as possible about what you want upfront. They’re a great partner. If you give vague ideas, it’ll be hard to get a good end result. That’s general advice for anyone who’s hiring an agency to build software.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Farm Property Leasing Platform

"Their strength is in not being just developers, but truly being partners throughout the entire process."

Dec. 2019 - Apr. 2020

AirDev developed a website using Bubble and built a corresponding iOS and Android mobile app. The website connects farmers and landowners, allowing, leasing transactions, payments, and location-based filtering.

Houston, Texas
Founder, Farm Lease Pro

AirDev worked patiently and accommodatingly to deliver the website as requested. In addition to quickly fixing inevitable bugs, the team was able to build whatever was asked of them. Despite unprecedented economic circumstances, they were responsive and met every deadline.

I’m the sole member and founder of a startup. We have a website that caters to farmers and landowners looking to lease land for farming.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

I needed to have a website built with a very limited budget. Although I knew what I wanted to have built, I didn’t know how to do it.

In the beginning, Vladimir (Co-CEO) helped with thinking through the business plan and making sure that everything I was talking about made sense and that the layout worked properly. Once we finalized that, I began working with Lucien (Partner).

He helped with the actual development through three different phases. At each phase, he would check with me and make sure that everything was how I wanted to be. The team used Bubble to build the website.

They added functionality that allows users to search geographically, filter by keyword, list properties, look at properties, transfer and received credit card or ACH payments, and send messages. Additionally, the team built an iOS and Android mobile app to go along with the website.

I worked with three different teammates throughout the process, including Vladimir, Lucien, and one of their developers.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

After searching for the right company, I came across AirDev and they seemed like the right fit for the company. Additionally, the reviews on their website were very compelling.

We spent about $20,000.

Our engagement lasted from December 2019–April 2020.

In the beginning, when I was working with Vladimir, the team would send screenshots of how the website would look when it was built. If something looked different than I wanted, I told them and they changed it very quickly.

Upon completion, they asked me to run through and do heavy testing, which they did as well. There were very small bugs, as anyone would expect, but they fixed them promptly.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

Vladimir was very patient even though we went back and forth many times. Their project management was excellent. Initially, we communicated by email. Once we decided to proceed, there was a portal on their website that was dedicated to this project.

They met all of the deadlines. Additionally, AirDev worked very well from their location all while the Coronavirus pandemic was going on. None of that stopped them from meeting every deadline that we had discussed.

Their ability to do whatever I wanted them to do was impressive. When I gave Vladimir all of my different requests, he told me that they could build anything I wanted as long as it didn’t cost me too much. Their strength is in not being just developers, but truly being partners throughout the entire process, helping to think through problems and solve them, and then build it.

No, I have no suggestions. They were very patient with me as a non-technical person. AirDev answered all of my questions and went out of their way to go back and fix elements that they could’ve charged me for. The team was always accommodating.

Speak to Vladimir or the project manager to think about how everything will work, what will work, and why it’ll work.

Web Product Dev for Sales & Training Company

"Their ability to synthesize customer requirements distinguishes them from other agencies."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

AirDev developed software using Bubble to support a client’s strategy for a sales promotion and training company. They built a web product to connect clients, enable equipment exchanges, and host materials.

Abingdon, England
Neil Harding
IT Development Project Manager, Consenna

AirDev delivered a successful product that generated positive feedback from the client and resulted in additional requests for work. The team is flexible and manages tight deadlines well. They invest time to understand projects’ goals, which ensures deliverables satisfy stakeholders’ expectations.

I work for a company called Consenna in the UK. We’re a sales promotion and training company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

We landed a large project from a multinational IT company to effectively relaunch their sales promotion strategy in the UK. As part of that, we needed software development services.

We created the initial designs for AirDev but they also contributed their own designs around complex workflows in the product. Their team provided expertise to make sure the logic was sound.

They built a web-based tool with Bubble that allows schools to trade in old equipment and receive discounts on new equipment. The tool also acts as a repository for material related to pedagogy and best practices. Their team also built functions for schools to link up and draw on the company’s information services. We work with AirDev on our other clients' projects too.

We worked with two full-time developers, a project manager, and another teammate.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

We researched low code development and AirDev’s name came up. From that, we did further research and opened up conversations with them. We initially engaged them to do a small piece of work. They did well, so we engaged them for this larger project.

We’re spending around $40,000 a month on average.

We started working with them around April 2019 and we’re still working together. We picked up more work after this project ended and AirDev was the obvious partner.

Our client gave great feedback on the product, which led to us picking up more work. The client provided direct quotes that we use in materials to say how delighted they were with our work. The feedback was terrific.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a weekly catch-up with them that’s dynamic. I’ll book additional meetings during the week if required. They’re responsive. We do change control activities that our clients often want to be turned around quickly. Their team’s great at meeting that need. They use Bubble, which makes them more agile.

Their ability to synthesize customer requirements distinguishes them from other agencies. Customer requirements are often nebulous, open questions. Their team’s great at digging down and coming back with a product that the customer wants.

No, I’m not looking to change. We operate on different clocks and that’s not ideal, but we make it work.

Be open and honest about what you need. I have no problem in recommending them to anyone else.

MVP Dev for Media Company

"Overall, the app functions well, and the team did a lot of work to help me get it up and running."

Feb. - Apr. 2020

Working from a scoping document, sketches, and wireframes, AirDev built a template which they then used to develop an MVP on Bubble. Their work also involved creating a new Bubble plug-in.

Founder, Media Company

AirDev provided a functional app that has received positive feedback. Although there was a lack of clarity in terms of expectations and timelines, the team was able to carry out the development in a timely manner. In addition to being responsive to feedback, they provided a great deal of guidance.

I’m the founder of a media company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

I’m starting a cooking content and tool business. I had built a backend database but I needed help building an MVP that I could use to start getting in front of customers.

I had a core feature that I knew I wanted to build the product around, but I needed help with getting it off the ground. The baseline idea of the app is that users can input multiple ingredients and the app will then recommend recipes.

After providing a full scoping document with sketches and wireframes, AirDev built the MVP for me on Bubble. The team used a template that they had built to develop the app. They built a new Bubble plug-in that handled the recipe and ingredient recommendations.

We worked with a relationship manager and a developer. They had other people working behind the scenes but I primarily worked with those two teammates.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

I had heard about Bubble and did some investigation of my own. What appealed to me about the platform was that I could build on it without needing an engineer.

AirDev kept coming to the top of the list of potential companies when I was looking on the Bubble website. The team seemed to have what I needed.

We spent $5,500.

Our engagement lasted from February–April 2020.

From a success metric standpoint, they completed the MVP. Now that the team has built the framework, I’m able to build on top of it and do what I need to do. The two teammates I worked with were incredibly friendly and helpful.

However, when they delivered the product to me, there were some elements that were leftover from the template that weren’t relevant to my app. So I had to sift through to find the elements that were important to me.

Overall, the app functions well, and the team did a lot of work to help me get it up and running. They answered questions and provided a lot of guidance. We’ve received positive feedback, and although there were a few bugs, the team managed to fix them.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed quite well. They could’ve done better from an expectation management standpoint as far as timelines. On their website, they billed the project as a one-week turnaround. However, we spent 2–3 weeks agreeing on the scope, and there was a delay in terms of starting the development because they booked it after the scoping was done.

So, what I thought was going to be a couple of weeks ended up being more like a month and a half. I wasn’t on a time crunch, so it wasn’t too much of a problem. That said, they could’ve done a better job of clearly stating the timeline because it was frustrating not knowing.

Putting aside the project management side of the project, the team was actually able to deliver an app in a week, which was really nice. They were also very responsive. I put a lot of feedback into their system and they answered all of my questions.

I’m probably at the lower end of their client scale because I’m sure they’re trying to deal the economy right now. At certain points throughout the project, it was a little hard to know what the next step was and what we were supposed to be doing.

I had a really clear scope for the project and a rough idea for the development. So, a lot of our interactions involved problem-solving different features. Coming in and knowing what I wanted made for a very smooth experience.

MVP Development for Coaching Platform

"AirDev has the ability to turn around a product really quickly."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

Leveraging the Bubble.io platform, AirDev developed a mobile application from scratch to create an MVP for a coaching management platform. They integrated the app with Calendly to enable scheduling features.

Max Linkoff
Founder & CEO, Coaching Platform

AirDev offered valuable expertise to deliver a data-centric product that facilitates growth cost-effectively. The team was responsive and provided a proprietary product to support effective collaboration. They invested time to acquire a thorough understanding of the project’s goals.

I’m the founder and CEO of a coaching management platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

We needed to create a software product quickly and affordably. We wanted to collect data from the MVP to inform which features to add later.

AirDev created a workable software product using the Bubble.io platform to code. They provided the scoping documents with wireframes and then the actual MVP, which is a coaching management software. The product allows coaches to manage their clients, adding goals and creating notes at the end of sessions for their lients. AirDev integrated the software with Calendly so users can schedule sessions.

I worked with two people including a product manager and an engineer.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

When I came up with this idea a few years ago, I searched Google for affordable software engineering teams that could build MVPs quickly. I found AirDev and completed the scoping project with them. Then, I decided to hold off on the project.

I spent around $5,000 on their services.

We began the contract in December 2019 and AirDev sent the MVP later that month for review. Their team fixed any issues but we have an ongoing support relationship.

AirDev offered an affordable and quick service, which was important. We’re taking a data-driven approach and didn’t want to spend money on traditional software development. That’s the beauty of Bubble.io and the products that their team provides. They mastered a platform that doesn’t require hardcore engineering but there is backend development. AirDev offered a product quickly to leverage and grow.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated via the app that AirDev created. Their team was attentive to my comments. They were always on time from a deliverable standpoint.

AirDev has the ability to turn around a product really quickly. They also spent time making sure that they were aligned with my vision, which helped to meet my goals.

No, everything’s been great.

Make sure that you communicate your vision clearly. Also, ensure that you’re aligned on the deliverables.

MVP Development for Financial Services Firm

"They’ve added tremendous value to our project.”

Apr. 2017 - May 2019

AirDev developed an MVP, featuring a matchmaking algorithm and relational database for a financial adviser and investment platform. They then developed the final product and they continue to provide updates.

West Cornwall, Connecticut
Nicholas Stuller
CEO & Founder, MyPerfectFinancialAdvisor

The product has had very few bugs, resulting in a successful collaboration. AirDev has provided valuable technical insight by suggesting improvements and coming up with alternative solutions. They’re very responsive and communicate clearly.

The company is called MyPerfectfFnancialAdvisor.com. We use deep data and artificial intelligence to match investors and financial advisors.

What challenge were you trying to address with AirDev?

We’ve worked with AirDev on a few projects; we first connected to create an MVP so we could get consumer feedback about our site. Obviously, we wanted to get that done as quickly as possible.

I gave them a list of things I wanted the MVP to include. What’s terrific about AirDev, was that they told me what was and wasn’t reasonable for an MVP, but offered alternate ways to accomplish the goal without diminishing the product.

There’s also data about the financial advisers and investors that we needed to collect and store in a relational database. Then I needed the algorithm to match the two parties. So they used PHP. Then I hired them to develop the full product.

I work with a point person and one other.

How did you come to work with AirDev?

I searched on Google and met with several development shops in our area. I found AirDev and they’ve written some papers about building MVPs. Based on that, I decided they’d be the best fit.

We started work together in April 2017–May 2019.

We’ve yet to find a substantive bug or hiccup with the product at all. There have been a few minor things that haven’t posed huge problems. It has never gone down either, which is quite significant.

Their support and responsiveness are excellent. When I’ve had requests for updates, they’ve let us know if it’s practical and have come up with alternative ways to do things. They’ve added tremendous value to our project. So, we plan to work with them for future upgrades.

How did AirDev perform from a project management standpoint?

Very well, they have an internal project management platform that works very well. They assign tasks to different people. I just go into the portal and issue a new request, and pretty quickly, they reply back and I get an email. As a customer, I’m pretty happy. They’re responsive, clear, and accurate.

When they say they’re going to deliver, they do it. Over the course of our time together, they’ve always hit deadlines. When they can’t do something, they come up with another solution. A lot of firs can’t do that.

The only thing that comes to mind is that the internal project management tool they used was difficult to use for certain things. Like, scrolling into the pages wasn’t as intuitive as it could have been. Their comments were also hard to navigate.

It would also be nice to hear from them more often. I don’t want them to change anything about their core function, but it would be nice to hear what they’re up to through blog posts or a newsletter. They don’t promote themselves as much as they could.

Be clear on your requirements and take the time to make sure they’re as buttoned-up as possible.

Gold