Edmonton Web Design & Digital Marketing

At YEG Digital, our approach is simple, we build websites that grow your business

As a leading Edmonton Web Design company, we develop custom mobile responsive websites for Edmonton businesses. We work with Edmonton companies from every industry. From retail, commercial, B2B or B2C. Our web strategy and development experts have helped hundreds of local companies grow their leads, sales, and income.

Everything website project we take on starts with discovery before we start doing any website design. Since we're here to help our clients long term, we make sure everything we do generates the results our clients want.

Once discovery is complete, we implement a robust website strategy to help our clients reach their digital goals. From generating more traffic, phone calls or emails, to driving sales and brand engagments. Our goal becomes to get each of our clients to their goals.

Web Design

Our custom-built and designed websites are made to achieve the exact goals that we identified during our discovery sessions. We'll design, build and optimize your website so that it runs at peak performance for you. Every website we build is mobile responsive, secure and meets every web standard.

Website Content Writing

What's a website without engaging content? As part of any website design project, we work with our clients to write highly engaging content that converts website traffic into website leads.

Digital Marketing

Google Search and Google Display ads are always a great addition for anyone that wants a boost in traffic, sales or phone calls. As Google Certified Ad Specialists, we can take your pay-per-click (PPC) ad campaigns to the next level by integrating them with the design and copy on your website.

• 2nd floor, 15835 116 Ave NW
    Edmonton, AB T5M 3W1

City of Edmonton, Burke Group, Alberta Government, Edmonton Air Show, Kijiji Canada, Cowsmopolitan Magazine, Focus Communications, Berlin Communications, Growth Partners, The Vision Gallery, Parilion Digital, Heartland Ford,Island Dodge,Kendal LightingBooster Juice,NAIT, Pro Driver, Wild & Pine, Next Architecture, Cranesmart, Rigsmart, Wildsau, Minibites Cupcakes, BeLeaf Pharma,Shandro Photo,Cole Hofstra Photography, Avalon Dental, Enerpan, NCSG,Stoppler Hughes,University of Alberta

Quikcard Image

Quikcard

Quikcard specializes in small to mid-sized business employee health benefits.

Website: www.quikcard.com

• Website Design & Development
  • Content Creation
  • Website Optimization
  • Search Engine Optimization
  • Ongoing Support

Burke Group Image

Burke Group

Burke Group is a large commercial printing company that specializes in custom printing, signage, direct mail and digital for any size of business.

Website: www.burkegroup.ca

Work we've done:

• Website design & development
  • Content development (ongoing)
  • SEO Optimization (ongoing)
(ongoing)
Edmonton Air Show Image

Edmonton Air Show

The Edmonton Airshow is an annual event that attracts thousands of people from across the country.

Website: www.edmontonairshow.com

• Website Development
City of Edmonton Image

City of Edmonton

We've worked with Berlin Communications to develop a few campaign websites for the city of Edmonton.

Websites: www.shovelready.ca

Kijiji Autos Image

Kijiji Autos

We work with Kijiji Autos on an ongoing basis, assisting with their annual DealerTalkX conference and various projects for www.kijijiautos.ca

My Maz & Brain Campaigns Image

My Maz & Brain Campaigns

Working with a local agency (Anthem Creative) we've developed several campaign websites for the University Hospital Foundation.

Websites: www.mymaz.ca

Focus Communications Image

Focus Communications

Focus Communications is a communications agency located in Edmonton, Alberta.

We worked with Focus for 2 years to build and improve their digital presence and many of their client websites and digital marketing efforts.

Website: www.focuscom.ca

Government of Alberta Image

Government of Alberta

We've worked on several campaign websites for the Government of Alberta through various Alberta based agencies.

Unfortunately, we cannot list all of the projects we have developed.

Cowsmopolitan Magazine Image

Cowsmopolitan Magazine

Cowsmopolitan Magazine is a Dairy Producer's source for any information regarding the industry.

Website: www.cowsmo.com

• Website Design & Development
  • Conversion Optimization
  • Ongoing Consultations

Web Design for a Local Scotch Whiskey Club

“They make the whole process so easy that it doesn’t even feel like work.”

2017 - Apr. 2019

YEG Digital developed a WordPress website for a Scotch Club from the ground up. They provided maintenance, developed a second site, and instructed their client on how to update on their own.

Travis Watt
President, Edmonton Scotch Club

The website designed and developed by YEG Digital is extremely sleek and user-friendly, impressing project stakeholders and users alike. Their team prioritized client relationships, maintaining an extremely rapid response rate and providing both creative and technical insight on the project.

My organization is called the Edmonton Scotch Club and I am the president.

What challenge were you trying to address with YEG Digital?

We just wanted to get a little bit more publicity and get our name out there a bit by creating a website. In addition, we wanted people coming to our site to have an easy experience finding what they needed and for our site to look good while they’re doing it.

We don’t have a lot of technical experience on our team, so when we started, they just asked what we were looking for and what sort of goals we had in mind. From there, we worked towards what we wanted as a final product and he provided us with ideas from his experience on what works well and what doesn’t.

They used WordPress for our site so that it would be user-friendly and easy to edit. Whenever I have any issues, I will fire off an email or a text about it, and they’ll either fix it themselves really quickly or show me how to do it for future edits, and I believe they chose WordPress to allow that option.

I just work with Paul (CEO, YEG Digital) directly.

How did you come to work with YEG Digital?

We were recommended to go to YEG Digital by word of mouth, from a mutual friend of ours. We looked at their websites and saw that they were really clean and professional-looking, which was exactly what we were looking for.

We spent a little less than $5,000 in total.

I believe we worked together on the two websites we’ve completed so far from 2017–April 2019.

The website is really clean and not busy, which were my main concerns. It looks a lot more professional than a lot of the websites I deal with. When you click on the site, it’s clear how to find the information that you need, and it’s also clear that it was designed that way specifically.

How did YEG Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything was done in a very good amount of time, and they gave us very realistic expectations about how long that would be. They’re also extremely responsive when it comes to upgrades that I ask for from them. I almost always have a fix to the problem or a response about when we can figure it out within an hour of contacting them.

They make the whole process so easy that it doesn’t even feel like work. We didn’t have a lot of extra bandwidth when we started the project, so that helped us a lot.

I can’t think of anything he could do differently, whether it’s response times or the appearance of the website itself. I have no negative feedback on the experience whatsoever.

I guess my advice would just be to trust his professionalism and experience. He has seen pretty much every issue you could have, so not only does he have your best interests at heart, he has the knowledge to achieve those goals.

Website Redesign for Boutique Photography Studio

"We were able to communicate easily about any delays on either end, which I really appreciated."

Jan. - Aug. 2019

After issues came up in managing a photography website, YEG Digital redesigned the platform. The work was iterative, focused on maintaining SEO, aimed to attract modern clients.

Haley Shandro
Owner/Photographer, Shandro Photo LTD

The final site is streamlined, and the client is able to easily make updates herself. That along with the visual impact and ease of navigation is expected to boost SEO. The project manager was patient and applied requirements and recommendations to his work. Communication was direct and effective.

I own a boutique photography studio specializing in weddings, boudoir, and headshots.

For what projects/services did your company hire YEG Digital?

I hired YEG Digital initially to help me with management of my website being hosted by a different company as I was encountering problems, and in the end I ended up hiring Paul to re-design my entire website and he now hosts and maintains it.

I wanted a website that was simple to navigate, visually very appealing to showcase my photography work and attract a modern client, and that I would be able to update the content on myself. I wanted to maintain the content from my current website blog to ensure my SEO ranking wasn't affected, but to still incorporate that content and showcase my newest work first.

I was referred to YEG Digital by another photographer who had used Paul to design their website. I reached out for referrals because I was specifically looking for a company that would work with me to create a website that I could have a lot of input into, and be able to have the ability to edit on the backend myself after the fact. I was happy with my initial consultation with Paul and felt confident in hiring him.

Paul and I went back and forth on the design for a while primarily because at first I was naive and thought I'd be able to do a lot of the work myself. He was patient with me and not pushy at all, and was very realistic with me about what to expect. He allowed me to try a few things, and let me come to my own conclusion that it was best to have him design my site. I sent him a few design ideas, and he created something even better than I had hoped!

We had a phone call and an in person meeting, and shared a google doc to be able to address all the functionality I wanted, and for him to clarify what my goals were. While the new site was being created he was hosting my old site and making sure it was still functional so that I didn't have any interruption in service. He communicated very clearly the tasks that I needed to complete (providing content, and updating blog posts) in order to launch the site, sent me a staging site so I could view everything before it launched and give feedback, and then ultimately went live! There were a few minor fixes to be made after it was launched and he took care of them right away.

I'm the only team member on my end of the project, and I only ever dealt one on one with Paul from YEG Digital

Before this process, my blog was at a standstill, and my website functionality was not streamlined. Now I have a much easier time updating the back end, and I'm in the process of catching up on all the posts I fell behind on. Ultimately that's going to have a big impact on my google ranking. The feedback I've received from clients and family and friends is that they like both the visual impact of my site and the ease of navigation.

This project was conducted at busy times for both myself and YEG Digital, and I anticipate it may have been completed a bit faster if it had happened at a slightly different time frame for both of us. However, we were able to communicate easily about any delays on either end, which I really appreciated. I was able to reach Paul whenever I needed to.

I've been completely satisfied with everything that YEG Digital has done for my website. Mine is a reasonably simple website, but I felt as though Paul gave it the same care that he would have a larger project.

None that I can think of!

Paul was very easy to communicate with.
    I'm very happy with the cost of Paul's services for both the building of my site and the monthly monitoring.
    My website is even more beautiful and easy to use than I expected!
    I've already referred YEG Digital to a few people!

Digital Marketing/Web Design for Wedding Photography Company

“My Google ranking raised significantly, and I get more hits than ever before.”

Jan. 2013 - Ongoing

YEG Digital migrated a website to WordPress and provided SEO services to improve Google search rankings. Their work is ongoing with occasional projects, as well as hosting the new platform.

Alberta, Canada
Photographer, Cole Hofstra Photography

YEG Digital’s efforts exceeded expectations and resulted in a high-quality platform that performs as desired on Google. The team is responsive, knowledgeable, and excels at customer service.

I’m the owner of a wedding photography company.

What challenge were you trying to address with YEG Digital?

My goal was to increase my market value and make my business more easily discoverable. I also needed a website that would put my best foot forward once people did find me.

They upgraded the platform on which I was hosting my website to make it more modern, migrating my outdated site to WordPress. They also got to know my style of business to help curate what would make a good online portfolio that would best represent my work.

Paul (Principal & Director of Strategy, YEG Digital) was my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with YEG Digital?

They were recommended to me by another photographer. Even in our initial reaction, I noticed how honest they were. It felt like a good business, which is hard to find nowadays.

In total, we’ve invested $10,000–$25,000.

We began working together in January 2013, and our engagement is ongoing.

My Google ranking raised significantly, and I get more hits than ever before. I haven’t been tracking more specific metrics, only because things have been so successful and I haven't had the time.

When I first showcased my site to other photographers and launched my re-branding, a lot of people mentioned it was clean-cut and very easy to navigate. I went from something that was outdated to leading the charge on what a website should look like. Overall, people were impressed with it.

How did YEG Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. They were easy to communicate with and there were no major delays when I needed something or needed to communicate. Someone always gets back to me in the same day, and sometimes in the same hour. There was never a struggle to get something fixed. It depends on the urgency, but we typically email more often than not. If the situation call for a phone call, they always pick up.

One time, when WordPress was down, they took it upon themselves to contact me regarding what had happened and what was happening next. They kept in contact with me to relieve a lot of stress that I was going through from not understanding on my end what was going on.

I’m most impressed with their commitment to customer service.

No, I can’t think of anything. Everything has gone smoothly thus far and I’ve been happy.

My advice is to have an honest conversation about your goals, what you’re looking for, and your budget. It’s really nice to have big ideas and dreams, but sometimes you can’t afford it. It’s important to start small and scale up as you attain more success.

Overall Score I’m overall happy with everything that we’ve gone through, which is why I continue to work with them to this day.
    Quite often, they got things done ahead of time by a week.
    To make money you have to spend money, and you will make your money back for sure with YEG Digital. They have a lot of value.
    Everything that I asked for was delivered above and beyond my expectations.
    I recommend them all the time, even to my photographic competitors.

Various Backend Web Dev Projects for Marketing Firm

"They are fast, the quality is remarkable, and the price is fair."

YEG Digital is the development arm for a marketing and branding firm, building landing pages for third-party clients. The team is responsible for developing the backend and implementing the client's designs.

Graeme Watt
Principal & Lead Strategist, Anthem Creative

The partnership has allowed the marketing firm to expand their service offerings to be more holistic as well as strengthening existing client relationships. YEG Digital has built a comfortable workflow with the firm and works seamlessly with the team.

I am the Lead Strategist and Principal at Anthem Creative. We're a digital storytelling and branding shop that specializes in helping non-profits navigate and leverage all things digital to engage more people and grow their impact.

For what projects/services did your company hire YEG Digital?

More and more clients began asking us to build websites for them and landing pages for digital campaigns that we were helping them with. We don't have an in-house developer so we have partnered with YEG Digital to develop websites and landing pages for our non-profit clients.

Our goals on every project we've worked on with YEG Digital are always to delight our clients with websites that bring their cause to life in fresh and exciting ways and engage site visitors on an emotional level that leads to desired action (volunteering, donations, etc.).

I met Paul years ago through a mutual friend when I was leading another organization. I've tracked along with his work and what he's been up to with YEGDigital and I respect his expertise and talent. When we started looking to outsource web development he was my first call.

It's simple. We design the front-end in collaboration with our clients based on their unique needs and our strategic thinking. We then work with YEGDigital to nail down functionality and UX before handing over design comps and files for them to develop the website.

We work primarily with Paul, the owner. He's responsive and efficient and super knowledgeable which creates tremendous value for our clients. We're not only able to get a high-end product from him, we're able to leverage his wealth of knowledge and expertise to benefit our clients.

Partnering with YEGDigital has given us the flexibility and freedom to offer web services to our clients with the confidence that we can execute at a high level of quality.

This increases the value we are able to offer non-profits as we work towards being able to meet their digital needs more holistically. It has impacted our bottom line positively and more importantly allowed us to build stronger client relationships by being able to offer more support and services that create value that is beyond their expertise.

Project management has always been efficient and effective with YEGDigital. Because the work we do together is fairly similar each time we have established a workflow that keeps things simple and moving forward smoothly.

Everything! They are fast, the quality is remarkable, and the price is fair. The expertise they provide our team is significant, and the value they create for our clients makes them a dream to work with.

None that we have identified yet.

Overall Score I wish there was a 6 star option!
    Never any issues with scheduling and availability. They have often gone above and beyond to accommodate our timelines.
    Fair and worth it given the added value they create for our clients and how willing they are to share their expertise with our team.
    Always top notch.
    Anyone looking for a legit expert in the area of website development who doesn't talk like a developer needs to look no further than YEGDigital!

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Graphics Printer

"There is no project too big or small for them."

June 2017 - Ongoing

YEG Digital developed a new website for a major Canadian graphic communications firm. They continue to manage digital marketing efforts, website SEO, and content creation for their client.

Tyson Dueck
Creative Manager, Burke

The target website has gone from "Google Jail" to the first page of most keyword results since the beginning of the engagement. The YEG Digital Team is committed to their work and their clients, remaining flexible and offering suggestions for further successful collaborations between the companies.

Burke is a full service graphic communications company. With over one hundred years of printing experience behind us, Burke has earned a reputation for superior quality, customer service excellence, reliability and integrity. I am the Creative Manager, leading a team of 4 while managing pricing, incoming work, client meetings and helping with Marketing & Business Development.

For what projects/services did your company hire YEG Digital?

Our initial website was developed by an amateur entry level person, and our website ended up going into "Google Jail". YEG Digital has been helping us over the last 2 years in getting a website together that reflects who we are, what we do and brings value to our customers. He rebuilt everything from the ground up and brought our rankings from non existent to page 1!

We were so impressed with the work he did, that we have now hired him on as a consultant and I work very closely with Paul and he guides us through ALL aspects of Digital Marketing and how to tie all the pieces together to unite our messages across print and the digital world.

Instead of "completing a job", we have been able to develop something that will really truly help us stand out from the competition.

I have worked with Paul in the past before YEG Digital and was always impressed with his knowledge and work ethic. He also comes highly recommended by other industry professionals and is well known. Once meeting with him and I was sold!

Paul has helped us in many aspects of digital marketing:

1. Fixing our keywords to help us in google rankings
  2. Rebuilding our website both from a visual and functional standpoint
  3. Facilitated SEO enriched copy writing
  4. Runs google ad words
  5. Provides strategic planning
  6. Email Blasts
  7. Blog Posts
  8. Digital Marketing in General

Paul has helped us with so much more than just this, as he is someone who is always innovative and coming up with new ideas.

Although there are multiple people involved in the day to day, we have a core team that communicates everything else to the rest of the staff or other members that need to get involved. He works with myself, the creative manager, our marketing manager, our CSR Manager, as well as the Owner and President on other high level projects.

Our website went form non ranking to within the top of the first page on multiple key words. Our website traffic and engagement has sky rocketed. Our google ad spend is less, yet more effective. Our digital marketing is being refined and fine tuned to become more effective across multiple channels instead of bits and pieces.

Our goals and objectives have really shifted, progressed and adapted as we work with YEG Digital. Although it's great to have an expert that is able to "Fix Your Website", it's even better to have someone that looks at the big picture and the future and is always offering up suggestions to grow and expand.

YEG Digital are willing to position themselves where ever they are needed. We currently have them working in multiple roles. They consult high end projects with our owner. They project manage our digital marketing so we can concentrate on our day to day. AND they act has small scale help where ever we need. There is no project too big or small for them.

Any company I'm impressed with is because of the people behind it. Paul is an absolutely amazing person to work with. His knowledge is second to none and I always feel like I learn something every time I talk to him. He works well with others, is will to collaborate, or if you need him to take something over, he is comfortable with that too and make you feel at ease.

Nothing that stands out.

Overall Score Great to work with.
    It can be tricky as he's a popular guy, but I now have weekly set meetings so I'm set!
    Very very very fair. You get what you pay for and Paul is worth every penny.
    Always top notch. Whether I provide designs, or I let him run with it, I'm always happy.
    Very Likely

Web Design & Dev for Multiple Clients

"No matter the industry or site platform, YEG Digital has a massive amount of custom options to choose from..."

YEG Digital designed and built websites for multiple clients. The sites included features such as online booking and e-commerce functionality. The team also provides hosting services. The project is ongoing.

Lowell Tautchin
Mktg. Manager, Toyota - Sherwood Park, NW Edmonton, Kelowna

YEG Digital's sites have helped grow organic traffic, conversions, and brand engagement. The team delivers consistently high-quality design and dev work with multiple customization options. Their high level of customer service and timeliness stand out.

I'm the marketing manager for several automotive dealerships as well as a digital marketing consultant.

For what projects/services did your company hire YEG Digital?

We hired YEG Digital to design, rebuild and create an ongoing set of websites as part of our ongoing development to be on the cutting edge of our of digital presence.

We wanted a set of websites that were functional, eye-catching and were developed for specific online actions like bookings, e-commerce and increasing quality traffic.

We did a competitive analysis of several local web design companies based on their strengths and past experience. After comparing against 4 other companies we moved forward with YEG Digital. They impressed us by their abilities, design concepts and their proof of delivery.

There were multiple projects in the delivery stream - YEG Digital walked through the process clearly and effectively across every site. From concepts, to wireframing to hosting, the process was clean, easy, and organized.

Paul was out main lead on our projects and continues to be the main contact point for all of our projects.

Within the first quarter of our site launches, we saw a lift in organic traffic, conversion rates and customers following behavioural cues set up to drive them to engage with the brand.

Paul was always available for comments, questions and concerns. Throughout the entire project we felt that we were taken care of and could reach out to follow-up on anything.

We were impressed by the customization features available. No matter the industry or site platform, YEG Digital has a massive amount of custom options to choose from to ensure we built our site the way we wanted along with having industry expertise from their end.

Overall we've been really happy with the results - no real issues for improvement.