Delivering digital products since 2005

BRONZE VERIFIED

Every successful business starts with a vision. Xfive is the full-stack software team that you partner with to make it a reality.

Start the partnership today simply submitting this form here: [email protected]

Since 2005 we’ve been supporting some of the world's biggest brands in their growth from startup to success. We helped Twitter become Twitter. We supported Fox through their digital transformation. We’ve helped major companies, like Threadless, eBay, and Microsoft, increase engineering velocity.

And we’ve helped startups and agencies like QualSCORE, SinglePoint or Elefint Designs, establish the technical foundation they stood upon for their success.

Let us help you like we helped them.

Our expertise includes languages, libraries, tools and technologies like React, Angular, Vue, ECMAScript, Android, iOS, React Native, PWA, Ruby on Rails, PHP, AWS, Symfony, WordPress, Shopify, WooCommerce, Timber, Chisel, Webpack, Figma, Sketch, HTML5, Sass, ITCSS. We are deeply focused on web performance optimization.

Our engagement model is simple. We can either help you quickly augment your team with dedicated resources saving you the cost and effort of the recruitment process or run a complex project from scratch.

2005
Krakow, Poland

Twitter, Ebay, Microsoft, Threadless, FOX and Rogers Media.
Successful cooperation between front-end and back-end teams Image

Successful cooperation between front-end and back-end teams

SinglePoint Rating is a web-based application that replaces the successful WinRater desktop application. SinglePoint Rating brings all WinRater’s features, which customers love, to a modern and flexible web environment.

Xfive was asked by Boston Software Corp. (BSC) to create the front-end for SinglePoint Rating. The BSC team implemented the back-end and API.

• Live SinglePoint app:
QualSCORE - an MVP for a start-up operating on a rapidly growing market Image

QualSCORE - an MVP for a start-up operating on a rapidly growing market

For QualSCORE, Xfive delivered a full package of branding, website, and app design as well as a fully functional survey app that helps improve the cannabis dispensary industry.

The client requested an easy to use app that will help users submit feedback and rate cannabis products and services.

Open Lantern Image

Open Lantern

We have partnered with Open Lantern to create their website and custom web application. Built with Ruby on Rails.

Visit website:

IWSC, Club Oenologique Image

IWSC, Club Oenologique

Website Development for Beverage Company.

Eligible Image

Eligible

Long term front end development partnership with Eligible - Integrated patient healthcare eligibility system.   Visit website: https://eligible.com/

Meet Your DA Image

Meet Your DA

John Legend promoted initiative we participated on with Elefint Designs. We've delivered front end and WordPress development services on this project.

Visit website: https://meetyourda.org/

Women's Funding Network Image

Women's Funding Network

Partnered with Elefint Designs to create WordPress powered website for the Women's Funding Network.   Visit website: http://www.womensfundingnetwork.org/
Leadership public schools Image

Leadership public schools

We partnered with Elefint Designs to work on front end and WordPress integration for this network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity.

Visit website: http://www.leadps.org/

Thousand Currents Image

Thousand Currents

We have created WordPress theme based on Elefint Design's designs.    Visit website: https://thousandcurrents.org/

Web App Dev & Brand Identity for Market Research Company

"The most impressive thing about working with them is their high-quality output."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

After helping the business outline the required elements, Xfive developed a web app from the ground up using Ruby on Rails. The team also assisted with the iterations and helped with branding elements.

Jason Cragholm
Founder & CEO

Xfive delivered a visually appealing website that has been met with a positive response. The team's consistently high-quality work has enabled the business to be a competitor in its market. They are a friendly team whose strong client communication skills have made for a pleasant partnership.

I’m the founder and CEO of QualSCORE. We have quality scores for businesses, products, and services all across the cannabis market. We have a scoring system of 0–100. Our aim is to create a customer experience engagement platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

We needed to build the full app from scratch.

Xfive harnessed my idea and helped me break down what was needed. They helped me figure out what the most important thing for the development of the software was. We used an agile approach, building what was necessary, testing it, and then deploying it.

They helped me plan out iterations in accordance with my business plans. The platform was built solely as a web app. The team also helped with logo identity, graphic design, and complete front- and backend development. They developed it in Ruby on Rails.

I’ve worked with Bartek (Head of Business Development), who is my main point of contact, as well as Pawel (Project Manager), Maciej (Web Developer), Daniel (UX Designer), Urszula (Frontend Developer), Milosz (Head of Xfive), and a QA tester.

How did you come to work with Xfive?

I had a couple of options, and I chose Xfive based on their work for other clients. My main concern was working remotely with a team from across the world.

I was seriously thinking about working with a local company because I wanted to do a lot of whiteboarding and have the chance to really explain my vision and avoid any hiccups in the beginning.

I had a gut feeling and took a leap of faith with Xfive, and I made the decision because of Bartek and the responsiveness and professionalism the whole team displayed in the beginning. It was never high-pressure.

I’ve spent $90,000–$120,000 with them so far.

I started working with Xfive in August 2018, and our engagement is ongoing.

I started with Xfive from scratch, and, two years later, I have a beautiful website that works and that’s well-received. This is just the first version of the site, and I’m excited to get more funding and move forward with it.

They’ve allowed me, as just a single entrepreneur, to compete with some of the biggest players in the world. They deliver high-quality work every time, and it’s affordable.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

Working remotely has actually turned out to be great. I can do my work in the morning and maybe have a meeting with Xfive at night, and they’ll have the next version by next morning. I’ve done webinars with Bartek, and he was the one who helped flesh out my idea.

He’s really great at client communication, giving explanations, and planning. He was able to take all my ideas and help me determine what the best solution would be. He really understood what I was trying to build.

The team uses Pivotal Tracker to keep everything organized. They’ve always delivered on time. I’ve had some tight deadlines, and they’ve worked on weekends to help me. They’ve done this time and time again.

The most impressive thing about working with them is their high-quality output and the quality of their people. Xfive actually cares about me. I’ve had conversations with Milosz, and he’s a genuine, softhearted, wonderful person.

He hires the right people and creates a culture where people want to work. They have a friendly team atmosphere that inspires people to do good work. The people Milosz hires stay with him because he’s such a good leader.

Their accents can be hard to understand sometimes, but they’re actually taking English classes. I told them about it in the beginning, and it hasn’t been a problem since. They told me that, based on my feedback, they’d actually start taking English classes and getting better verbal communication skills.

They want to tap into the US market, and they’ve definitely improved. That was the only challenge in the beginning; it’s much better now.

I’d recommend simply calling Xfive and talking about their process.

Web Dev for Financial Services Startup

"The thoroughness of their understanding of what I was looking for was impressive."

Feb. - July 2020

Working from existing flows, Xfive used HTML and Ruby on Rails to develop the front- and backend of a website. Additionally, they helped to set up the business and streamline certain internal processes.

Milan, Italy
Alberto Dolcetta
Co-Founder, SparkIT

Xfive's work has received positive internal and external feedback. In fact, beta users have commented on the platform's ease of navigation. The team possessed strong project management skills, responding promptly to messages. They were an efficient partner who was committed to the project.

SparkIT is a startup, and I’m the co-founder and administrator.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

I hired Xfive when I was setting up the business, and I hired them to develop the platform end to end, including the front- and backend.

Xfive first took care of the platform’s design. I defined all the flows on paper, but there was nothing in place from a design point of view. Xfive’s designer helped me mockup all the customer journeys and web pages. I’m not a technical person, so Xfive chose the technologies for the front- and backend.

I believe we used Ruby on Rails for the backend and responsive HTML for the frontend. The key requirement was for the platform to be mobile responsive, effectively behaving like a web app.

The deliverables were the web platform, the backend, and pretty much getting my business running. They also helped me streamline some of the business processes in relation to the online journeys.

I worked with five teammates including the business development manager, who was involved in the scoping of the project. After that, I worked with a designer, a project manager, a lead developer, and a second developer, who was more focused on building the backend.

How did you come to work with Xfive?

I found them through Clutch. I used the one-to-one service, which introduced me to four companies. I’d prepared very detailed documentation of what I was expecting, and Xfive went the deepest by far in understanding what I was looking for.

They clearly worked through the material for their pitch, and they actually had the entire team that worked with me present for the pitch. They gave me a really great impression of being professional and thorough.

I’ve spent €35,000, approximately ($40,000 USD).

I started working with Xfive in February 2020, and our engagement just ended. It’s been a bit of a long sail because of some company reasons.

My company’s a startup, and we haven’t fully launched yet, so the feedback is fully anecdotal. I’m extremely happy with the platform I have, and our beta users have found the user journeys to be really easy. I’m very happy with the project overall, but there are no metrics I can mention just yet.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m pleased with this aspect. We organized weekly calls where the entirety of the project team was present to review the project and discuss all design elements and their implications on the development. Then, we mostly used Slack as a day-to-day channel.

The team has been really responsive. It may be worth noting that not every team member speaks English perfectly, but they’ve otherwise been really fast and responsive. It was a really good engagement from that point of view.

The thoroughness of their understanding of what I was looking for was impressive. It started at the pitch, and it’s certainly what made the project much easier. The four people that worked on the project were very dedicated.

I could feel that they knew the work inside and out. They certainly weren’t spread too thin on too many projects, and that positively impacted the overall quality of the deliverable.

They understood perfectly what I was looking for from a web development perspective, but some of the team members waited a bit too long to fully understand the business model. That could’ve helped them in some of the choices they made.

I advise clients to be very specific with their demands because Xfive does take the time to really understand them.

Marketing Site Rework for Platform

"Their professionalism, availability, speed, and quality of work are unrivaled by any other WordPress developer."

Feb. - Apr. 2020

A digital contracting platform hired Xfive to optimize its WordPress site for SEO. Also, they added search functionality, reskinned the editing experience, added content templates, and debugged the site.

Blake Reary
Director of Design, Ironclad, Inc.

The site's search ranking has improved on key pages and the editing experience is much easier. The project management was flexible and easy, as the team at Xfive excelled at communication, speed, skill, and availability.

I'm the Director of Design at Ironclad, a digital contracting platform software company in the legal tech space.

For what projects/services did your company hire Xfive?

Our marketing website runs on Wordpress, and had been developed by a subcontractor from a different agency. We needed skilled, fast development on new features and pages that our marketing team was requesting. Additionally, we had a backlog of bugs and maintenance to be completed on our site.

We needed to better optimize for SEO, expand our global navigation bar to fit content expansion, add search functionality to our blog, reskin the wordpress editing experience to be more usable, and a few new content templates.

XFive was an recommendation from a member on our team that had dealt with them in the past.

XFive provided project management and web development to complete our list of goals around SEO, content expansion, search capability, and maintenance.

We worked with a project manager and development on the vendor side, and a team of designers and marketers on our side.

XFive's work helped us increase our search ranking on key content pages, provided a way for visitors to our site to find content that was relevant to them, and made the editing experience in Wordpress much easier for our marketing team to be self-serve.

Project management was flexible and easy. They worked with our systems or organization in place and kept us on-track. Our project manager made sure we were informed of exactly what the XFive team's status on various tickets were and where we were at for hours so we could budget accordingly. Even though our time zones were 9 hours apart, our PM made sure we were all able to meet at times that worked for everyone.

Their professionalism, availability, speed, and quality of work is unrivaled by any other Wordpress developer we've worked with.

Overall, XFive is excellent. One minor area for improvement is for us to be able to have a bit more visibility and status updates for the QA process.

Website Relaunch & Redesign for Nature Conservancy

"We’re extremely impressed with the designs that Xfive created."

Jul. 2019 - Ongoing

Xfive redesigned a website to relaunch a modern platform for a nature conservancy. They rebuilt the front- and backend including the architecture and transitioned the product to WordPress to integrate a CMS.

1,000 - 5,000 Employees

Arlington, Virginia
Sally Liu
Conservancy Scientist, The Nature Conservancy

Xfive delivered an impressive website with an efficient backend to the satisfaction of internal stakeholders. The team is attentive and receptive to feedback, fostering collaboration to produce a final product that exceeds expectations. They are accommodating, which supports productive engagement.

I’m a conservation scientist at the California chapter of The Nature Conservancy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

We needed to redesign and relaunch our existing website.

Xfive redesigned our website and ported information onto the new platform. Their team provided a complete redesign including the site’s architecture. Their team provided wireframes and a key visual to the website. They made the design responsive too. Their team also migrated the site to WordPress from a previous proprietary CMS system. They provided a custom WordPress site that enabled us to have an easy to use CMS. Now, we’re in the maintenance phase of the project.

We worked with three people from Xfive including a project manager, a web designer, and a UX/UI lead.

We spent $17,600 on their services.

The project began in July 2019 and our relationship's for maintenance purposes.

We’re happy with their work as are our partners who are impressed with the designs. The website’s modern and loads fast, so we’re pleased with the backend. Their team developed a system that’s easy for us to maintain, which is important because our organization will maintain the project and update content annually. We’ll launch the website once our team completes additional work.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

We have regular communication. Their team was responsive and held meetings during their evening, which we appreciated. In the beginning, there was a slight delay. Once we got on track with consistent meetings, we’ve been consistently happy with the management. They’ve done an excellent job.

We’re extremely impressed with the designs that Xfive created. The look and feel of the website exceeded our expectations. Their team was responsive to our requests for modifications and professionally suggested better designs to achieve our goals. We were happy with our interactions.

Before we held regular calls, there was a delay in communication. That’s a fault of us both.

Have constant communication. They’re extremely responsive so a client will feel satisfied if they’re making sure to continually express themselves. Xfive will then iterate to a satisfactory conclusion. Be prepared for the time difference.

Frontend Dev for Insurance-Based Software Company

The team is diligent in figuring out what’s necessary for executing the project correctly.”

Nov. 2016 - Jan. 2018

Focusing on the frontend, Xfive transformed an insurance-based software’s flagship product—a legacy desktop application—into online, cloud-backed software. Their tech stack included Angular, CSS, and node.JS.

Boston, Massachusetts
Danny Blood
CTO, Boston Software Corp

Vis-à-vis a substantially large project, Xfive successfully delivered a product for a beta launch in a timely manner. Users have expressed their satisfaction in the new platform. While there were some initial challenges with understanding the project scope, the responsive team executed effectively.

I’m the CTO for Boston Software Corporation, which provides software for independent insurance agencies in Massachusetts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

Our flagship product was a Windows-based desktop application, but we’d been moving our services and functions to online- or cloud-based platforms. We decided we wanted to take our entire application online, backed by Cloud services. We engaged Xfive to develop the frontend of that online software.

Using Angular, CSS, Zone.js, Node.js, and Karma, they took our specifications to develop the frontend of our online software. We had already built out the backend.

They first accommodated our expedited beta release which only required minimal functionalities. They then executed our integration—which included coding for some special features—with Massachusetts’ Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV). We decided that Internet Explorer 11 would be the oldest version we’d support, and their team provided support on this front.

Lastly, we did an upgrade mid-project where we updated our Angular versions. We saw a major increase in performance after that implementation.

We worked with a project manager, three developers, and a QA tester.

How did you come to work with Xfive?

We were working with another designer who recommended Xfive. We had some calls with them to gain some understanding of who they were, which led us to eventually hiring them.

We spent more than $300,000.

The project started in November of 2016 and the main development wrapped up in January of 2018. They provided ongoing support and minor implementations until August 2019.

We considered our initial beta release a success; although there were some slight delays, they did a great job of executing that deliverable. All in all, they tackled a huge project, and we credit them for being able to get it done.

After our larger launch, our users have expressed their satisfaction with the platform. They’ve communicated that the new software showcases a night-and-day difference; the solution has a much better look and feel.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was always responsive and willing to go over any developments or issues. They were consistently engaged and always ready to help, which really stood out. The team is very hands-on, and there’s a lot of communication.

They’re willing to work extremely closely with you to iron out all the details of requirements and specifications. The team is diligent in figuring out what’s necessary for executing the project correctly.

On top of being friendly and easy to work with, they really felt like part of our own team. Despite being a remote engagement, their responsiveness made our teams truly connected.

In the beginning, they struggled to appreciate the complexity of our product. We tried to convey that it was a big project, but they underestimated that in the initial stages of our engagement. They realized the true size of the task after launching into development, which necessitated that they familiarize themselves with some insurance knowledge.

One other thing is that they sometimes didn’t ask enough questions about our requirements, which led them astray. They were super responsive about that, though, and were willing to talk about how to move forward.

If you’re doing a really large project, make sure that both parties understand the project scope and how it’ll affect the timing of deliverables.

Outsourced Web Dev for Multiple Medium to Large Sites

"Their level of responsiveness, their professionalism, and the quality of their work are all such rare finds!"

Jan. 2015 - Jan. 2019

Xfive serves as an outsourced development partner for a creative agency, handling everything from scoping and research to UX recommendations and development. They focus on custom WordPress and Drupal sites.

Sydney, Australia
Beth Stewart
Head of Digital, Holy Cow! Creative

High-quality work, easy communication, and valuable services have helped Xfive secure a long-lasting relationship. They adjust their teams to meet task needs and are diligent about making sure that they understand the project requirements fully.

As Head of Digital for a boutique creative agency, I was looking for a development partner to help us with our website development projects. These included Wordpress and Drupal custom themes, eCommerce and Learning Management Systems.

For what projects/services did your company hire Xfive?

Xfive have been a development partner for over 5 years, they worked on website development and ongoing management of our websites as collaborative partners

Develop websites using best practice within time and budget

Xfive were recommended to us

• Project Management
  • High-level estimation and scoping
  • Recommending and researching solutions
  • UX recommendations
  • WordPress theme development and customisation
  • Drupal theme development and customisation

The team has a project manager and developer/s depending on the size of the project. This makes communication really easy. We use Basecamp to communicate as well and stay on track with tasks which works wonders for different timezones.

Bartek and the team are incredibly professional, responsive, and a pleasure to work with. There was a stage where we used multiple partners for various development projects – and we kept coming back to Xfive as they were the best to work with!

Due to the high quality of their work, the great value and our working relationship, they have been our long standing development partner for over 5 years.

Their level of responsiveness, their professionalism, and the quality of their work are all such rare finds! They also ensured they understood requirements and what we were trying to do before undertaking development work, which always led to a better output.

No they're great

Quality of their work far outweighs having the cheapest price

Platform Development for Tech Startup

"Their ability to be in sync mentally with our team is invaluable. "

2015 - Ongoing

Xfive provided outsourced development for an SaaS startup. Their team developed a drag and drop platform that allowed large companies to intuitively manage a technology ecosystem.

Tampa, Florida
Joseph Kurian
CEO, 249Labs Inc

The partnership has been tremendously successful. Xfive has been responsive and flexible with all aspects of the process. The architecture they've built is scalable and the product has been well-received by clients. Project management has been effective, even across time zones.

I’m the CEO of a startup called 249Labs Inc based in Tampa, Florida. We run an enterprise SaaS platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

We needed a development team that could program our idea into a functioning platform. The platform is designed to be business-friendly so that companies can use a drag-and-drop system to build a technology ecosystem. We wanted large companies to understand whether their spend was aligned with their C-Suite. We also wanted the platform to be usable by business users, not just technology staff.

They do all kinds of coding work and IT management for us. Whether that’s writing code, working on the Ruby platform, database management, or server management, they perform IT tasks for our startup. I directly with people that don’t do infrastructure work, but Xfive works with their internal team to maintain server certificates and other aspects of the platform. They’re starting to do API work as well.

Xfive worked to take our designs and bring in various assets to create the drag-and-drop capability we wanted. Over time, we added more and more components and features covering integration, reporting, and other functionalities. The frontend is built with Ruby on Rails.

My main point of contact is Pawel (Senior Project Manager, Xfive). He puts me in contact with our head developer, Agnieszka (Senior Developer, Xfive). Two or three others will rotate in and out depending on our needs.

How did you come to work with Xfive?

We searched all over the United States and abroad to find a development team. After a series of interviews, we decided they’d be the best candidate for us. I received a recommendation from a company that we had worked with. About five minutes into the interview process, it clicked. They got what I was trying to say—that’s a tough thing for startup founders—and they were able to build what we wanted. Within that half-hour, they had come back with ideas on how the project would work, and I brought them on board

It’s between $100,000–$200,000.

The engagement began in summer 2015 and is ongoing.

It’s been a good partnership; we’re tremendously happy with everything they’ve done for us. We’ve had other people come and try to underbid them, but I won’t consider it. Their ability to be in sync mentally with our team is invaluable. I don’t need to stress about work not being done. I’ve never had to worry about data integrity and security with them. To me, the code works and nothing ever breaks.

If I ever have an issue with session management, I give it to them and they have a fix within days. They’ve been responsive to everything that we’ve asked them to do. They have a good sense of our business on a macro-level—they’ve built an architecture that enables us to scale the business. There’s no issues or complaints with any of that.

When the platform was released in March 2016, we got positive user feedback. Users found the platform easy to use and intuitive. They implemented a bright and energetic design that engaged users with our complex platform. Any improvements our clients give us, Xfive executes flawlessly.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

They are fantastic. We use Basecamp and other Atlassian tools. There are Skype calls twice a month, but otherwise, it’s all email and Basecamp. Pawel has been incredibly good at ensuring I don’t need to worry about project management. I give them minimal input; they take control of the projects and run with it. If they have questions, they come back to me to get clarification. They adjust their timetables to make the schedule work for me.

They get me. I don’t need to spend time explaining what’s in my head to them. I’ve worked with enough developers to know the complexities of miscommunication, but I’ve never had that problem with Xfive.

We’ve discussed whether they want to add resources in the United States. They work in Poland, but I’ve asked if they can accommodate a staffer working in the United States. However, they’ve said they would accommodate that in a heartbeat if I asked for it.

Their ability to understand what I’m thinking is the biggest differentiator between them and a generic vendor. To build that, there needs to be a high level of comfort in the interview process. Just make sure they’re on the same page as you are during that section.

Platform Dev & Design for Healthcare Analytics Company

"They are sincere, high-integrity individuals, and we enjoy working with them."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Xfive developed a healthcare analytics platform for a third-party evaluation tool. Since launching the prototype, the team has provided additional features using ElasticSearch, JSON, and various APIs.

Bellevue, Washington
Shakil Haroon
CEO, MPIRICA

The crisp, user-friendly nature of the product has prompted internal and external stakeholders to provide only positive feedback. Professional and dedicated, Xfive leverages Jira to maintain seamless and direct lines of communication. Customers can expect a team that is knowledgable and innovative.

I’m the CEO of a startup called IMPIRCA Health Analytics. We primarily serve large, self-insured employer groups.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

We needed a platform to publish our analytics product, which is a healthcare performance score. It required custom views that were tailored to the location of the user, showing them both hospital systems and providers. This was to be overlaid with insurance information, like out-of-pocket allowances.

Xfive did all of the web development work for the product. They created the entire infrastructure, with parts using ElasticSearch, JSON, and various APIs. Our customers can log in and access their scores via the interface they delivered.

The size fluctuates depending on the project. We’ve had as many as five developers at one time, but we’ve also had the team ratchet down to one to match our needs. I have one primary point of contact, and I also communicate with Milosz (CEO, Xfive).

How did you come to work with Xfive?

I was soliciting UI design services from various sites and stumbled upon Xfive. They gave us a proof of concept, and we moved forward with a test project. They cranked out a simple prototype very quickly.

I was pleased with the quality and their use of Jira ticketing. They would respond to items by within 24 hours while also taking the initiative when necessary. It was an iterative process, and we were never bogged down with small details.

Their execution was unlike other firms I’d worked with before, and the time zone difference worked to our advantage. It became clear pretty quickly that they would be the right fit.

We’ve spent somewhere between $750,000–$1 million. We’ve tapered down the annual cost from this year to last, but the average has been around $100,000–$200,000.

We started in March 2014, and we’re continuing to collaborate with them. It’s been a continuous relationship for five years now.

Xfive has provided all of the surrounding infrastructure that allows us to publish our analytics online. They designed every interaction to be high-performing. This is a national database with hundreds of thousands of legally protected individual records, and it functions in a way that is as user-friendly as an e-commerce site.

We haven’t had any complaints about the ease of use or the stability of the products. I can’t remember a single day when the site has been done inexplicably, or something went completely wrong.

When bugs inevitably occur, they’re fixed promptly, and it never feels like an issue. We’ve decided to keep the UI/UX simple, which means we aren’t in a leader in our space in that regard, but that’s not on Xfive. The core of the product is distributing healthcare analytics, and they’ve created an optimal experience for that.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

We follow a structured approach, mainly centered around Jira. It’s an iterative process where we’ll share technical specifications, wireframes, storyboards, use cases, etc. The project management is excellent because of their prompt communication. Xfive accurately translates our descriptions into requirements, and they have the right skill set to implement features within reasonable timelines.

Our project manager runs interference between the developers and us. They handle estimates and allocation, and she’ll let us know what they need. She is the key reason for our satisfaction with the partnership.

This is easily one of the best vendor relationships that we’ve had as a company. I can point to several areas where they stand out. The communication, for example, is excellent. If you send in a question, you’re guaranteed to have a response in the morning. They also know how to execute consistently. Everything is done on time and within the budget.

Interpersonally, they are also outstanding. The team camaraderie between our firms is higher than you might expect. They are sincere, high-integrity individuals, and we enjoy working with them. From an outsider’s perspective, they’d probably look more like full-time team members than an external team.

I’d like to see them expand their UI/UX offering. That’s been a bit of a differentiator in terms of the consumer side of our site. It’s not a deal-breaker for me, but I would love to have them take over every part of the product. That’s the only thing that comes to mind.

If you’re looking at a more long term project, Xfive can get the job done.

They are super cost-effective.

Website Development for Beverage Company

"I was impressed with their work speed."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

The team at Xfive developed a web platform for a fine wine & spirits magazine. Their team performs regular maintenance on the site. They also completed a few design projects.

51- 200 Employees

Rachel Swatman
Digital Marketing Specialist, IWSC

All feedback on the web platform has been positive. Xfive built a clean, high-quality website that performs well. Their team is full of hardworking problem-solvers that deliver quality work quickly.

I’m a digital marketing specialist at the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) and Club Oenologique, a fine wine & spirits luxury lifestyle magazine and events company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

We just launched our company and hired them to build our website.

A design agency designed our website, and then Xfive carried out the development work. The site reflects our brand, sharing our magazine features and news. Our goal moving forward is to sell magazines on the platform. We’re currently setting up an e-commerce section on the website.

Xfive completed design work for us as well. For the elements they designed, we brief them on the ideas of what we wanted, and then their team would come back with mockups.

I was in contact with around five people most of the time.

How did you come to work with Xfive?

The design agency that designed our website recommended them. They had worked with Xfive multiple times.

We spent about $20,000 on the website. For maintenance and support, we spent around $15,000 a year.

Our engagement with Xfive started in October 2018.

The website was launched in November of last year. Since then, we’ve started a maintenance deal with them. Their team does several web updates for us each month. The team at Xfive delivers high-quality work. I’ve worked with other agencies, and they’re probably my favorite. Everyone says that the platform is clean, user-friendly, and works well.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

The team at Xfive is easy to work with. Their team always does work for us as soon as we ask or as quickly as possible. They come up with solutions to any of the problems we face.

I was impressed with their work speed.

I can’t think of anything at the moment.

Go for it. They’re really good.

Web Design & Development for Tourism Company

“Xfive’s team is always friendly and polite, no matter who we work with.”

June 2013 - Ongoing

Xfive designed and developed multiple websites for an online advertising platform for hotels and attractions. The team built sites in WordPress and ensured they were mobile-responsive and quick to load.

Toronto, Canada
Manager, TorontoJourney.com

The successful engagement has resulted in a longterm and ongoing partnership. Xfive produces high-quality work that matches the specifications of the internal team and functions accordingly. The team is hard-working and creative, going above and beyond to keep sites up to date and on-trend.

I am a manager at TorontoJourney.com, an online advertising platform for hotels. We review hotels, attractions, neighborhoods and more.

What challenge were you trying to address with Xfive?

We were looking for a partner to help with our websites.

Xfive coded and built both static websites and blogs on WordPress, sometimes creating sites from scratch and other times revamping old ones.

Additionally, their team added features such as star ratings, CSS adjustments and basic website development. Years ago when websites started going mobile, they made our websites fully responsive, fitting the screen no matter what device you view them on. Lately, they’ve been revamping older more established sites of ours and ensuring our sites load quickly.

Our main point of contact is Pawel (Senior Project Manager, Xfive) and we also work with Ewa (Senior Project Managers, Xfive), Rafal (WordPress Developer, Xfive) along with Aleks, Michel and Ada. They help us go through everything and answer any questions we may have.

We have invested over $25,000.

Our ongoing engagement with Xfive began in 2013.

Xfive’s team is always friendly and polite, no matter who we work with. They’ve been working with us for so long that they know what to expect. Our websites load very quickly and look beautiful.

How did Xfive perform from a project management standpoint?

Xfive is fantastic at project management. Everything is always on time. In fact, they usually complete things ahead of when they said they would. Their team anticipated everything before we can even think of it.

Whenever we start a new project, they always are at the forefront of what is happening in the web design industry. They make sure to apply the latest trends to our website.

No. There is no need for us to go looking elsewhere because they do such a great job.

I absolutely recommend working with Xfive.

BRONZE VERIFIED