Killer digital. Friendly humans.

Be ambitious, or swim with fishes.

We work with a variety of clients across a range of industries. But they all have one thing in common: a relentless ambition to grow. From promising startups to large businesses with global reach, we deliver tools to propel brave companies forward.

Powered by results, and lots of coffee.

Twirling Umbrellas is an agile team of energized creative specialists. We deliver powerful websites and brands designed to grow along with your business. And we do it all in a friendly, drama-free environment. So, let’s get to know each other, shall we?

Grow fast. Like, now.

We have the tools and expertise to fast-forward your company’s growth. Reach out and let’s get going.

Kelowna, Canada

Website Redesign for Health Consultancy Service

"Main Street Creative delivers exactly what you ask for and then some."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Main Street Creative fully redesigned a storefront website and implemented digital marketing strategies to improve SEO performance and generate valuable business leads.

British Columbia, Canada
Krista Goncalves
Business Strategist, Making Lemonade

The updated website and strategic digital marketing efforts generated a phenomenal amount of traffic, which was achieved by Main Street Creative's expertise in the client's industry and its ability to identify monthly priorities.

Making Lemonade is a health business consulting company. I’m a registered nutritionist. I have just transitioned from doing client consultations for nutrition into doing business consulting for other nutritionists and other health experts. I provide consultation services to new or experienced nutritionists and other health practitioners or experts. I help them get their businesses up and going. I also do health writing for other practitioners.

What challenge were you trying to address with Main Street Creative?

I needed help with my entire website. It’s something that I had tried to do entirely myself, but I am not the most technically skilled person. After about a year of trying to learn all of these new strategies and techniques and trying to get a WordPress platform figured out, I turned to Main Street Creative.

They completely reconfigured the website for my nutrition consulting business. Now that I’ve transitioned into a new business model, they’ve actually facilitated that transition. They did the new website for it and made the transition easier for me. They helped me organize and strategize how that move would go. It’s been helpful in more ways than just website development. They did search engine optimization and content management as well. I left it up to Chris Stevens’ [Owner, Main Street Creative] discretion as to who was going to be the best people to work on my project.

They’ve worked on three websites for me in the past year. We started with MakingLemonade.ca and that coincided with another project, HormoneReboot.com, which is a women’s health program. Now, we’ve transitioned MakingLemonade.ca into KristaGoncalves.com

How did you come to work with Main Street Creative?

I learned about them from the recommendation of a health professional in Kelowna. She just couldn’t say enough great things about them. I called them up, and it was definitely one of the best business decisions that I’ve made.

How much have you invested with Main Street Creative?

Each project has carried its own financial budget. For the initial work, I spent $1,500. It was another $1,500 for HormoneReboot. Our current project just went live in the last few weeks. I don’t know what the total investment will be for that project. I have an ongoing monthly commitment to them. If you’d put it all together, it’s probably around $10,000.

We started working together in April 2016, and the work is ongoing. I plan to keep them onboard. I feel like they’re part of my business team.

Main Street is kind of a one-stop shop for me. I’m sure other companies don’t need to employ so many of their skills, but I have the full package with them. They’re keeping track of all of my metrics, and we go over those on a monthly basis. In terms of the benefits of the SEO work that they’ve done, the traffic that’s been driven is phenomenal. The collaboration has been nothing but positive. I can honestly say that I’m really not quite sure where my business would be today if we haven’t made that connection a year ago.

How did Main Street Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. If anything, they kept me on schedule. They help me to establish a schedule and we work very closely together in keeping everything on task. They’re really helpful in prioritizing what needs to be done on a month-by-month basis. I have gotten exactly what I’ve asked for. I’m someone who is very hands-on with my own website. They respect that and they honor that, and they work with me to facilitate that because I’m not a coding expert. I’ve got a great team of professionals there, and they clearly love what they do. It’s all well and good that you can feel good about the company or the service or just the person that you’ve chosen to help you with a particular task in your business. And for me, that was all things to do with website, content, SEO, and digital marketing. We’ve seen also seen results from their work. It’s rare that all aspects of the experience would be so positive. I’ve recommended them to several friends and clients of mine.

What did you find most impressive about Main Street Creative?

I have several friends and family members who do exactly what Main Street does, but I chose them based on the recommendation of a health practitioner. I wanted someone who had experience in that arena, in my niche. That stood out for me, and that’s why I gravitated towards them in the first place. Second, they were local and willing to meet with me in person. That’s actually a rarity in this digital world. We don’t get to have that face-to-face interaction. That’s what has stood out above and beyond what I know about other similar companies or similar services, including my own friends and family members who do this very work. They weren’t willing to provide that level of service to me within the exact same budget. I might’ve gotten the same quality from other people, but that has really stood out for me. Chris personally has sat down with me on a number of occasions and has taken the time to work out things in person. That was important for me and the kind of work that I do. Ultimately for the type of business that I’m in, my website is literally my storefront. That’s been absolutely incomparable.

Are there any areas Main Street Creative could improve?

We had a positive interaction. Nothing comes to mind that I would ever construe as a negative experience or something that need to be improved on.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Main Street Creative?

Be as clear as you can with your vision. It’s very uncanny how they can tap into what your vision is and help you to make that happen in a digital sense. It’s amazing when you’re trying to just say words or images, and they are able to bring that to life within a website for you. I came in with perhaps not as clear vision as I would’ve liked, and they actually helped me to pull that together and organize it a bit better.

Overall Score I can honestly say I don’t know that I’ve given anyone else I’ve worked with this high of a review. I’ve just had nothing but positive experiences and positive results.
    We’re always right on schedule.
    Like I said, they’ve gone above. I feel like you get your money’s worth, and I know they’ve thrown in multiple bonuses for me that has added so much value to my business and overall results from it.
    Main Street Creative delivers exactly what you ask for and then some. They’ve actually surprised me with bonus things on the site that I didn’t know I needed until they presented it to me.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Website Design and Development for Graphic Design Agency

"Main Street Creative's team takes the time to understand the personality of the business."

Feb. - Apr. 2017

Main Street Creative developed a website for a small-town graphic design agency, emphasizing the brand’s unique offerings and providing strategic SEO services.

British Columbia, Canada
Laura Norup-Boyer
Creative Director, Black Bean Design

Thanks to Main Street Creative’s from-scratch designs, the new site incorporated all requested features in an attractive, cohesive platform. Although a few scheduling delays occurred, the team’s proactive communication and tailored approach ensured a strong collaboration.

I’m the creative director of a graphic design, branding, and marketing services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Main Street Creative?

I needed a website that really represented my brand and who I was, the whole personality because we’re a little different. Also, I needed something that would stand out in the local market. We’re in a rather small city in Canada.

I had a website that I was not happy with, so Main Street Creative scratched it and started from scratch. They handled both the design and development. It’s on a WordPress platform because I wouldn’t accept anything else. They also did the SEO [search engine optimization]. The website was just completed, and I’m planning to go back to them to go through the SEO together to see if anything additional is required for marketing.

How did you come to work with Main Street Creative?

I actually knew the owner of Main Street Creative, Chris, because he was my coding instructor years ago. I looked at a few companies, including one in the UK, and his proposal was just perfect, so I went with them.

How much have you invested with Main Street Creative?

I spent $7,200 in Canadian dollars [$5,300].

The project ran from early February to April of 2017. The website is done, but I would work with Main Street Creative again if I have other projects.

Could you share any evidence that would demonstrate the productivity, quality of work, or impact of the engagement?

I don’t have any stats yet. The quality of their work is excellent. I’m very happy with what they did. Main Street Creative made it easy and stress-free. I’m a happy customer.

How did Main Street Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

The deadlines were off, but that was partly my fault. I think we had planned to complete the project by the end of February or early March, and it was done in mid-April. A lot was going on, and Main Street Creative got really busy in the middle of it all. They remained communicative throughout the process and let me know about delays. I had to email them once to ask about the next step, but they were generally the ones prompting me.

What did you find most impressive about Main Street Creative?

Main Street Creative's team takes the time to understand the personality of the business. I looked at a lot of other companies, and they were all offering gorgeous websites, but they weren’t an exact fit for my company. They were one-size-fits-all, whereas Main Street isn’t.

Are there any areas Main Street Creative could improve?

It would have been good to have more scheduled updates, maybe once a week, letting the client know exactly where we’re at in the website development, what the next step is going to be, and if there are any issues.

Main Street Creative's price was higher than I initially budgeted.
    I’m very pleased with Main Street Creative's work.