Delivering Promises

Techuz was started by a group of tech-minded individuals focusing on creating world-class web and mobile solutions leveraging advanced technologies. Since our inception, we have been growing 300% yearly and have established an authority on Angularjs, Nodejs, Laravel, iOS - Swift and Android technologies. Not only are we adept at resolving enterprise needs but also have focused towards the growing unique requirements of start-ups.

We are here because we believe in "Delivering Promises" and our relationship with the client starts with "We".

Our key services & technologies:

• Web Development - Angularjs, Nodejs, Reactjs, Laravel (PHP)
  • Native Mobile Application Development - IOS, Android
  • Database - Neo4J Graph database, MongoDB, MySQL

Ahmedabad, India

Count.ly, Mr Button, Everywattmatters, Play More Tennis, Style and Apply

AngularJS Crowdsource Dev for Goodwill Company

"I would happily recommend them to anyone."

July 2016 - Nov. 2017

Techuz developed a website from scratch using Node.js and Angular.js. The team built a database and did testing. The site launched in late 2017.

Singapore
Shrikant Krishan
Founder, RIghtARm Holdings Pte Ltd

The site is functional, but cannot be promoted until additional funding is secured. Techuz capably managed development and QA testing. They were communicative and willing to experiment with processes.

I’m the chief executive officer of RightArm Holdings Pte Ltd., a public service website that enables give and take between givers and receivers, servicing the underprivileged and the poor. It’s a crowdsourcing platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We needed someone to develop our website.

They developed a custom website from scratch. First, we defined the user requirements at a high level, and then at a detailed level. Techuz used Node.js for the backend and Angular.js for the frontend. They built the graph database with Neo4j.

Techuz worked in 12 sprints and did quality testing; our side did testing as well. We had a development database, testing database, and a live database. Their team deployed the site’s first version in late 2017.

We interacted with five programmers, a QA resource, and the founder and CEO.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

We did an online search and considered Techuz along with other vendors. After a few conversations, we met the team in person. They were affordable and proactive.

We spent $35,000 in payments that corresponded to sprint completions.

We started working together in July 2016 and the project ended in November 2017.

We’ve done pilots in Singapore and India. The traffic on the site isn’t necessarily heavy, but that’s partly because we’re looking for additional funding to get more people on board in the company who will be navigators for our company. Until we get the navigators on board, we don’t want to push traffic on the site because we feel we won’t be able to do justice or provide good service. The site has been used, but we haven’t encouraged heavy traffic or marketed it actively.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Jira for tracking the requirements and testing. The QA resource was a helpful point person between teams; he set target dates. We had daily calls between teams as well as weekly management calls. Techuz managed everything quite well.

They were willing to learn new things. Our database isn’t commonly used in India. Techuz had never used it before, but they were willing to take on the challenge.

They could improve testing. We caught some bugs that they didn’t find.

I would happily recommend them to anyone. Explain the user requirements very clearly; that will help testing.

Web, iOS & Android Dev for Literature Learning Platform

“They’re as invested in the product as I am and believe in its success.”

July 2017 - May 2018

Techuz built wireframes and assisted development for an e-learning platform. They constructed the UI/UX, managing the coding and backend of the web, iOS, and Android versions.

Mumbai, India
CEO, E-Learning Company

The product went live about six months ago. The results are successful, and the backend is particularly useful. Techuz was reliable, responsive, hardworking, and honest. They managed the project well and never took shortcuts.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of an e-learning company. We have a literature learning platform for children aged 7–12. We’ve worked in this field for the past six years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We wanted a tech vendor who would create the wireframe for our literature learning platform based on our requirements. They would become our preferred technology vendor for developing the final product based on our business needs. We also wanted to avoid an in-house tech team on our payrolls in the initial phase.

Based on our specifications, they created a wireframe for us. For the first phase, we picked up specific elements to go live with. We provided the business logic and gamification framework; their role was to create the UI/UX and do the coding for web platform based on our business and consumer journey requirements. The same process extended to iOS and Android versions for tablets.

Vaibhav (Founder & CEO, Techuz) was the head of the whole project. The team also included a project manager and another contact person, a group that worked on the UI/UX side, another group for HTML coding, and separate developers for iOS and Android.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

They were recommended to us. We chose them because of their capability, technical knowledge, turnaround time, accessibility, and project management abilities.

We spent $30,000 on this project.

We worked together from July 2017–May 2018.

They did the entire project. We went live about six months ago and are very pleased with how everything works. The backend was particularly successful.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is good, as are their response times. They manage the project within our timelines and we take time to talk every day.

We can rely on them. They never look for shortcuts, and I know they won’t cheat me. They’re as invested in the product as I am and believe in its success.

They need to maintain the competencies of their current team. They’re hardworking and genuine, and they don’t exaggerate their capabilities. As technologies improve, they’ll need to bring in more ingenuity and expertise and be quick to learn what’s happening around them.

They’re a reliable and trustworthy team. If you don’t want to invest in an in-house technical team, call on them.

They’re proactive and follows project timelines, but they need to also use the Slack channels when the timeline gets off.
    We didn’t have many revisions, and they always tried to absorb any extra cost. They made sure they understood and were definitely worth the price.
    The systems are in place, and they did a good job with them.

Angular JS Web Development For Booking Company

"Techuz likes happy customers. If we had any problems, they'd address them quickly."

August 2016 - July 2018

Using AngularJS and Laravel, Techuz developed a web application that serves as an online job booking platform.

Aarau, Switzerland
Thomas Schneider
CEO, JobBookers KLG

User feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Techuz's understanding of development languages helped them respond quickly to any inquiries or technical concerns that arose. Communication was occasionally stifled by cultural disconnect, but efficiency and quality of work generally won the day.

I’m the CEO of JobBookers, an online booking platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We needed developers for the whole web application. It's too expensive as a startup to hire developers in Switzerland, so we needed to find a firm that worked in our price point.

We started the project by introducing our idea and what we wanted to implement. They used AngularJS and Laravel to develop the application. They had different milestones throughout the project. They also made any changes we requested.

Our initial contact was the CEO. We started the project working with two developers, one frontend and one backend. As the project progressed, we added two additional developers.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

We’d looked into hiring a developer based in London but he was too expensive. A developer friend of mine helped us find Techuz on Upwork. They had the experience we needed, a good price, and good reviews.

In total, we spent around $20,000.

The project began in August 2016 and the web application launched in May 2018. They also made a few post-launch updates. We’d like to work with them again in the future to implement some new features.

So far, we’ve received really positive feedback from our clients. They're happy with the design and the functionalities.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

The team’s communication was very good. Even though the developers are in India, we were able to stay in touch using Skype. We spoke to them almost daily. If there ever was an issue or question, they looked into it right away and provided a solution.

The developers really cared about the project. With other firms, it's all about the numbers. Techuz likes happy customers. If we had any problems, they'd address them quickly.

We had a bit of a disconnect at first between how we thought about the project and how they did. In Switzerland, we have a clear mind about what we like and what we want to see. Our vision didn’t necessarily make sense to the developers in India. We had to figure out a way to work together. The first year of the partnership had some rocky moments but it was much better in the second year.

PHP Web Development Acceleration for EMR Company

"We’ve had a positive experience with them thus far."

2017- Ongoing

Techuz helps develop a web app using PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, and jQuery. They're creating a login system, client portal, appointment administration, and patient database/charts.

Montreal, Canada
Owner, Software Company

Customers praise the app for its diverse features. While they could ask more questions, they clearly communicate updates and resolve any issues. They're a reliable team that always delivers on their promises.

I am the president of a software as a service company. We develop chronic medical records for our clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

I needed an extended development team to help accelerate the development of my application.

Techuz helps accelerate the development of our web app using PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, and jQuery. They're helping us create a login system, client portal, appointment administration, and patient database/charts. Their team also helps with maintenance and adding additional features.

I work with a project manager, two developers, and a business developer, who was responsible for our contract and billing.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I researched online and saw that they had good reviews. I got in touch with them and saw that they could deliver on what I required.

We invested around $30,000 thus far.

We started in 2017 and the work is ongoing.

Our clients are happy with the new features that we're rapidly adding. We’ve had a positive experience with them thus far.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project manager clearly communicates deadlines and progress. He's sometimes busy with other work but responds quickly to get everything resolved.

They’re a trustworthy team and always deliver what is assigned to them.

From a project management perspective, they should ask and review more, without us having to contact them. They should take the initiative to maintain our relationship, even if things are going smoothly.

PHP Website Design for Listing Company

"If they say they'll deliver in two months, they deliver in two months."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Using PHP and HTML5, Techuz is developing a web listing platform from scratch. The site includes multiple logins, three backend control panels, and an administrative portal.

New Jersey
CEO, Handyman Shopper

The platform is technically solid and responsive on any device. Techuz provides accurate estimates, offers helpful feedback, and always delivers on time. Their affordable pricing and quick turnarounds keeps project costs low.

Handyman Shopper is a new web listing service for home advisors.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

I needed someone to develop my website.

After the first company didn’t work out, I needed to redo everything. I was surprised that Techuz could do everything I needed. They did the coding, security, and database structure using HTML5 and the PHP framework. They’re basically handling the entire project. We’ve completed most of it. Now we’re adding some additional features and integrating with Google Reviews.

When you visit the website, you see the frontend management system. There are also backend control panels and an administrator panel where the admin can enter reviews and approve or reject contractors. All three types of login interfaces—for the customer, for the administrator, and for the contractor—can be managed on the backend.

Customers log in on the frontend. If I need work done on my house, I can log in through the frontend and search for a contractor. A contractor sets up their profile from the backend.

I mainly interact with two project managers, but there are also a bunch of developers on the backend.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I searched online for someone who was affordable and capable of delivering the PHP development I needed. I contacted them directly via email.

I have invested over $10,000.

We started working together in October 2017 and the work is ongoing.

We haven’t launched the site yet, but they have delivered what I asked of them. Everything works flawlessly, whether you're using a mobile device, a tablet, or a computer. The website is responsive and utilizes the latest technologies.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a really good job. They give me constructive feedback. We communicate through email daily and call them weekly. We speak on the phone whenever we ask for a feature or an enhancement, or when we need to explain something.

They hit their deadlines. If they say they'll deliver in two months, they deliver in two months or before. I was surprised they delivered everything in time.

They’re in a different time zone, but I don’t know how they could improve that unless they work at night. When I talk to them on the phone, it’s usually in the evening or early morning when we're both online for a small window. They did adjust a little, sometimes setting things up in the middle of their night.

I haven’t sent them referrals because I want them to concentrate on my project. Once my project is complete, I’ll be more than happy to recommend them to anyone. They can’t do a bad job.

They met all their deadlines.
    Estimates from other companies were more expensive. They gave me a discount during the last milestone.
    The quality is pretty good. It met all my expectations, and I didn’t see any problems.

Shipping iOS & Android Mobile App Dev for Tech Company

“Overall, I’m happy because my product was delivered on time.”

Mar. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Completing an outsourced project, Techuz developed mobile apps for both iOS and Android linked to a tracking database.

11- 50 Employees

Jaipur, India
Assistant Manager, Samyak Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

The app had few bugs and has improved client performance through real-time data sharing with customers. Techuz communicated well and kept to timelines but could improve the project cycle including, in particular, documentation.

We’re a software outsourcing company working in multiple domains including mobile applications, interface applications, system integrations, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We had specific requirements for a logistic project for shipment tracking using new technologies. We needed a light-weight, fast-performing, and secure mobile application for iOS and Android. Our in-house team didn’t have the experience needed.

We had meetings to go over the requirements, documents, and project estimation. Once those were clear, we moved on to development. Then they did QA testing. Our team verified their tests and we approved the product.

Within the app, the user goes through an authentication process to log in and see their active shipment. The app has a database that uses a tracking number to show the shipment’s status, whether it’s picked-up, in-transit, delivered, or lost. A dashboard shows the user active shipments. If they want to track it, they can enter the tracking number. There’s also a map to be able to see the current shipment location and they can contact their courier.

We worked with three team members. I mainly communicated with the project manager but I sometimes spoke to their developers.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I found them through my network. One of my business colleagues is associated with them. I didn’t consider any other companies.

$13,000-$14,000.

We worked together from March 2017 to January 2018.

There weren’t a lot of bugs in the final app. It has been very helpful and has improved our client's organization. Before the mobile application, customers would call our client's call center to check the status of a shipment or log into their website to check the status. The mobile application offers real-time data sharing with the customer and has improved the quality.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

I spoke to them every day. We had calls set up to go over the process. I also received a status update every evening of what was performed during the day. We used email and phone.

They communicate very well. They called and discussed queries or issues right away. We had really good communication with the project manager and the entire team. They also stick to timelines.

Overall, I’m happy because my product was delivered on time.

They can improve in the project lifecycle, from documentation to database development to quality and delivery. For example, a requirement documentation is a basis for understanding but the documentation portion of their process wasn’t good. At every step, there were a few different things that can be improved. Their cycle isn’t complete and 100% reliable. We needed to involve ourselves more.

I would definitely recommend them. They deliver on time.

There was about a week’s delay due to some bugs and issues.
    It’s really affordable.
    We found a few issues after they delivered the app. We had to go back-and-forth on quality a few times.
    I’d recommend them. They did very well.

Multiple Platform Devs for Media Company

"They are good at solving problems and getting to grips with the specifications of the brief."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Techuz augments a startup development team. They write new code and revise existing software.

Co-Founder and CEO, Publishing Company

Techuz's painstaking research process and efficient project management offer excellent stability for a startup. The agency combines impressive technical skills and quick turnarounds with a friendly, helpful attitude. They simplify and execute requirements of great complexity.

We are a custom content developer and publisher. The specific project is for a startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We needed to add backend bandwidth to a startup team and speed up the process.

Techuz had the challenge of working with some modules of existing code and creating others from scratch.

They provide a team of four: a project manager, two backend developers, and one frontend UI developer. They scale the team size to suit the demands of the work phase.

We found them on Upwork.

We've spent $13,000 to date. The project is ongoing, so we anticipate it will cost $13,000-$50,000.

We started working with Techuz in September 2017 and the collaboration is ongoing. We’ve completed several phases so far.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management and execution process works well. They methodically research the brief and scope, assign the appropriate skill set, and estimate task completion times.

The assigned project manager is the key to our successful working relationship. He is very responsive, going out of his way to make calls and give progress updates.

First of all, Techuz is a pleasure to work with. They are a thoughtful and ethical company. Their CEO, project manager, and individual developers are professional and very personable.

The company marries great technical and organizational skills. They are good at solving problems and getting to grips with the specifications of the brief.

As a startup, our briefs are not as clear and thorough as some corporate briefs. Techuz can understand the context, application, and implementation with impressive speed.

Nothing I can think of, unless you could convince them to work on weekends.

Look no further than Techuz.

Software Dev for Dentist Analytics Company

“Their resources are abundant, and they’re very cost-effective.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Techuz augments the team of developers to build applications in-house, increasing the team’s speed and outputs. Currently, they’re coding an existing web app to give users options for customizable reports.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
CTO, Analytics Company

Techuz delivers an important part of the collaboration. Writing high-quality code, they structure the projects well, making it easy to pick up where they leave off. They excel at making sure they understand the scope of work well and make consistent progress with dedication and autonomy.

We provide analytics services for dental practices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We had an inventory of existing applications built with in-house developers. We wanted to extend that inventory, but we didn’t have the bandwidth to do it all ourselves. We needed more developers in order to get things done faster. Speed was the big driver for our project.

We had a couple of conversations describing the features and functionalities we were looking for and delivered visual mockups from our designer. Techuz explained what they could provide.

We’re currently in the coding phase. They have been enhancing our existing web app which needed additional functionalities to address some user-defined needs. We have pre-canned sets of data that customers can visualize in set ways. People were always asking us for more customizable reports, so we worked with Techuz to come up with a way for users to define their own criteria.

We’ve also worked on a mobile project with their team.

I’ve interacted with four people from Techuz. I mainly communicate with the managers, but I ask the developers questions as well.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I shortlisted around 20 options on Upwork and had conversations with four or five. I selected Techuz based on their project history, number of hours billed, and reviews. A long history and high review count are important factors for me.

The cost of their work has been $5,000–$10,000.

We started working with Techuz in September or October 2017. We’ve completed a number of phases so far. The collaboration is ongoing.

Techuz has delivered what we asked them to deliver. The projects that I ask them to do are not the final products that we release. They build 90% of it, and we put the final polishes on the end of it. That relationship with them is awesome. It’s maintainable, and that’s important to me.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

They make a point to meet with us and understand the scope before starting a project. Techuz has an engaging team that asks questions and get clarifications. I was in touch with them four times per week when the project started, and now, we connect twice per week. Techuz does a good job of maintaining progress and pushing ahead, even when I don’t reach out to them. One of the best benefits of this collaboration is that they do a good job of staying on top of the project and communicating with me. I can be hard to reach, but they’re persistent and remind me when we need to have conversations.

I’ve worked with a lot of outsourced companies and freelance developers, and Techuz stood out in comparison. It’s been great to do business with them. They’re very agreeable. They like to understand the problem that they’re solving at a deep level to have context as they’re building solutions for it. And, they do that with good energy and ask good questions about details.

I’d like them to be available more during my work hours. Sometimes it’s hard to connect because of the 12-hour time difference.

They’re a great group to work with. They have a lot of different skills within their organization. On many of the projects that I’ve worked with them on, they can find the skills they need to execute on the project.

Overall Score I enjoy working with them. They’re nice people.
    They’ve delivered mostly on time. Sometimes things take longer, and I understand that.
    Their resources are abundant, and they’re very cost-effective. The high-quality code they write translates to high value to me.
    They write good code. Because I change what they deliver to me, I need to be able to jump into a well-structured project, and that’s what I get from them.
    They’re technical leaders. I recommend them as a good group that has broad skills. They have the resources to get projects done with good quality work.

Online Food Ordering Tracker App Dev for Software Company

“The apps continue to work incredibly well for us.”

Mar. - June 2017

Techuz built an order receiving tablet app from scratch, assisting internal developers on a complementary mobile app (iOS and Android) for placing orders.

Flagstaff, Arizona
CEO, Software Company

Techuz's final product has helped streamline the ordering process for both customers and internal staff. Their collaborative, transparent approach allowed parameters of the project to be met with minimal issues. Not a day went by without communicating with their team.

I'm the CEO of an online food ordering software company for restaurants.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We were trying to get our order receiving tablet app completed, so our customers could actually receive orders from the restaurant through their devices without having to call.

Techuz built the order receiving tablet app from scratch, and helped our development team build a mobile app (iOS and Android) that allows customers to order from their device. Once an order is placed, the in-store tablet rings. If no one confirms the order through the tablet within a few minutes, the phone rings to alert the staff of an order as a failsafe.

They assigned two people to us, along with a project manager.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

One of my internal developers recommended them, so I interviewed them and thought they seemed like a good fit for us.

We've spent in the range of $8,000–$15,000.

We worked with them from March 2017 until the app launched at the end of June 2017.

The app Techuz developed has streamlined orders from both the perspective of the customer as well as the restaurant staff. The apps continue to work incredibly well for us.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Our teams communicated daily throughout the process and we never had a problem. Their team provided clarity on the estimate and timeframe of the project, delivering it within the agreed upon terms. Despite taking longer than anticipated, requiring more of their time, they still managed to adhere to the budget.

They got the job done within the budget and timeline promised—a rarity among other app developers.

No. They achieved the task they were given, even if our instructions weren't as clear as they could've been.

Make sure your instructions and timeframes are very clear before you go into development to avoid any unexpected hiccups later on in the process.

They delivered just a week beyond the deadline, which is great for a project concerning software.
    They adhered to the scope and completed the job exactly as asked.
    I'm very likely to refer them to others.

White Labeled Laravel Dev for IT Agency

“They've improved a lot and we produced much better products. I was happy with those results and I'm glad everything has worked out.”

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Techuz serves as an extra set of hands for larger Laravel-based projects. They translate design concepts into sites and web apps that meet a broad range of user needs, though they often miss deadlines.

Netherlands
CEO, IT Company

Coding expertise and cost have made Techuz an enduring partner. Significant improvement has been seen after a year of struggling with poor timeline estimates and ineffective communication regarding project specifications.

I'm a web developer based in the Netherlands.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We have an in-house development team here, but sometimes we outsource to Techuz for Laravel projects when we need additional help.

They normally create custom features in Laravel, and those vary depending on the client's needs. For a sales-oriented site, they might build a product preview interface from scratch where the customer can choose different items, change the colors, and so on. We'll outline the kinds of features the client is looking for and how we want them developed, and then they deliver what we need.

When we work with them we'll come up with a sketch or a design and request an estimate of how much time they'll need to build the site. After that's ironed out, we send them a final design so they can do the coding and fix bugs. We interface with the actual clients if there are any issues. Techuz does white-label work for us on these projects, so everything has our brand and our name.

We worked with four or five people on our last project, including the project manager and some developers. They'll scale the number of developers depending on the size of the project.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I found them on UpWork. We tried many other partners as well, but Techuz had some of the best prices, so we decided to give them more work. It took a few projects, but they clicked with us. They're willing to deliver more than their initial time estimate and have a work ethic similar to ours. We felt like they'd be a good team to work with because we were on the same level.

It's quite difficult to choose a firm because everyone claims they're one of the best. Since we don't know what that means, we had to try many teams to see if they were capable of doing the work we needed. We still haven't found a perfect match, but Techuz is one of the partners we've worked with the longest.

At this point, more than $50,000.

We started working together in early 2016 and we're still working with them.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

We've made some good products together, but some of the earlier ones perhaps weren't the best because of communication issues. When we started working with them in 2016, they had some difficulties meeting deadlines and communicating with us, and as a consequence, those products could have been better. However, within the past year, they've improved a lot and we produced much better products. I was happy with those results and I'm glad everything has worked out.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

I speak with both the project manager and the developers every day when we're working on a project, and I think they try their best to deliver good work. One area where we've had problems is that they don't always correctly estimate the amount of time that a project will take. When I give my client an estimate, like 100 hours to deliver a site, I assume that's a fixed promise. I've run into issues with them telling me those deadlines are flexible and it could take longer, which is frustrating.

Is there anything that the vendor did well or that you would consider a strength?

The last project they made had fewer bugs, so that was good. They don't always understand well when we explain a project and what functionality we want, and it frequently takes double the estimated time to complete something. But this past project went well and took less time to make, so I'm impressed with how much they've been improving. I hope that continues.

In what specific areas can they improve?

I think it's important to improve communication. I'd also like to see improvement in project estimates. If they tell me 100 hours and I relay that to my client, I need them to hold to that. I've told them that if they need to add a buffer of extra time, do it from the start instead of waiting until near the end of the project, otherwise the client feels cheated and it can hurt our reputation.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

Make your briefing clear and have everything outlined on paper, and add extra time to whatever they estimate.

Overall Score It's been pretty good, even with the difficulties.
    They've changed a lot since 2016 and now they meet their deadlines within the timeframe they set, so it’s a 5 for improvement.
    They deliver what they promise.
    The quality has improved in the past year. They're on schedule and they work hard to get things done.
    I'd have to think about it. I wouldn't want a friend to receive the low quality I experienced at first.