Producing online video and broadcast spots.

Storyfarm concepts, scripts, designs, films, animates, edits, finishes, and distributes online videos and broadcast spots. The industries we serve include but are not limited to CPG, lifestyle & apparel, education, healthcare, financial services, tech, government, and associations.

Storyfarm
300 S. Patterson Park Avenue; Suite 203
Baltimore, MD 21231

Video Production for PR & Communications Firm

“They’re great listeners, great collaborators, and they excel at creative thinking.”

Feb. - July 2018

Storyfarm helped in-house staff produce promotional content for their website. Projects included filming and editing testimonial and narrative videos, as well as some assistance with scripting.

Arlington, VA
Jeff Goldberg
VP, Live Wire Media Relations

Their excellent customer service made the collaborative process enjoyable from start to finish. Open-minded and easy to work with, Storyfarm’s team was highly responsive and completed all deliverables by scheduled deadlines.

I’m the VP of Live Wire Media Relations. We handle PR, strategic and crisis communications, and video production, as well as social media content development and posting.

What challenge were you trying to address with Storyfarm?

They helped us create several videos for use on our website.

We hired them to help us with two projects. The first was what we call our “day in the life” video, which we display on our website to help prospective clients and employers understand who we are and what we do. The second project was a set of client testimonials that highlighted our services and the relationships we’ve formed with previous clients.

They were pretty intimately involved in our first video because we only had the concept and developed it from the ground up. We had a number of discussions about the ideas we wanted to convey and the narrative we wanted to use. It was a very collaborative process, but they took the lead role as far as determining the storyboard and script. They also handled all the technical aspects of filming and assembling the video.

With the testimonials, we arranged the participants and supplied the content, so Storyfarm only handled the production aspects. This included scouting locations, blocking where the interviewees would sit, adjusting the lighting and sound, filming B-roll footage, and so on.

There were five people in total, but we mostly worked with two of them.

How did you come to work with Storyfarm?

Their CEO is a friend of mine, so I reached out to him.

We worked with them from February–July 2018.

We’ve heard a lot of positive feedback about the video quality and the engaging storytelling approach. Everyone who was featured in the testimonials was pleased with their results.

How did Storyfarm perform from a project management standpoint?

It was really easy to work with them. They’re great listeners, great collaborators, and they excel at creative thinking. It was obvious that they had a clear vision for the videos, but they also made sure the content and aesthetics suited our brand and marketing needs.

We primarily kept in touch by phone and email, but their office is close enough that we were able to meet in person a few times, as well. They were very diligent about responding to our messages and everything was completed right on schedule.

They delivered excellent quality with high attention to detail and a focus on yielding good results. Not only that, I can’t overstate how great their customer service was. It’s easy enough to find a contractor who delivers a good final product, but it’s a much better experience when their team is as friendly and easy to work with as Storyfarm’s.

No, not that I can think of. I’d definitely recommend them.

Video production is their area of expertise, obviously, but they’re very much collaborators. They’ll be open-minded and willing to accept feedback, so don’t be afraid to speak up.

That was never a question.

Video Production for Educational Branding Campaign

“They balanced their creativity with accountability for their work.”

Jan. 2017 - Apr. 2017

From pre- to post- production, Storyfarm created engaging video content for an educational company’s new branding campaign. The team chose which alumni to feature in the project and organized shoots for each.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Baltimore, Maryland
Tamara Daugherty
Director of Brand Marketing , Education Company

Storyfarm’s production efforts generated an increase in brand awareness and recognition. Their team’s level of creativity and determined approach to the project produced notable results that were praised by colleagues in the field and continue to add value to the brand.

I was the director of brand and content strategy at a large education company. My responsibilities included content creation and video production.

For what projects/services did your company hire Storyfarm?

A prior video firm had done a poor job of connecting our brand with our students’ stories. We were looking for a new partner to develop relevant and inspiring content to enhance our new brand campaign.

We wanted to increase our brand awareness and familiarity by clearly defining our company’s intent.

We requested a proposal from five firms. We provided them with a thorough and creative brief and asked that they respond with approaches and solutions to our challenge, as well as scope and cost estimates. We ultimately chose Storyfarm based on their unique perspective, an achievable timeline, and fair pricing.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

With a basic understanding of our vision, Storyfarm handled the full production of the video content. They were heavily involved in the conception phase, candidate screenings and interviews, directing process, actual production, and the post-production stage of our TV and online promotional videos.

For the interviews, Storyfarm helped us identify alumni with strong brand alignment, a compelling story, and an engaging on-camera presence. They helped us organize the pre-production phase by setting up shoots across the United States. They ran seamless shoots to assure that the alumni had a positive experience.

In post-production, they effectively managed our client. There was a myriad of variations for each of our digital and offline channels and they kept all of them clearly organized.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

We weren’t the easiest client. We requested multiple rounds of revisions, but Storyfarm willingly took all of our feedback in stride. We never felt like a burden to their team. The production director did a phenomenal job of keeping both sides up to date on the changes.

We did see statistically significant lift across our brand awareness and familiarity benchmarks. Furthermore, this content is still being leveraged more than a year later. My digital marketing colleagues loved these assets!

Our communication with their production director was seamless. She kept me apprised on a daily basis as to the status of our project and raised any red flags if our deadline was at risk. We also had full access as needed to the creative director and DP.

Storyfarm is a great production partner. They possess a great blend of creativity and accountability. They consistently go above and beyond their SOW to ensure client satisfaction and a strong creative product.

Sometimes their sole use of Google Docs could be frustrating as they couldn't see our track changes on word or excel documents.

Video Production for Employee Benefit Consulting Firm

“Their level of expertise was unmatched.”

June 2017 - June 2018

After developing a script and a storyboard, Storyfarm produced and edited an animated video. They did custom animation and provided the voiceover.

Baltimore, Maryland
VP of Communications, Consulting Company

The video is engaging and got favorable feedback from the internal team and the customers. Experienced and creative, Storyboard went above and beyond to tell a compelling story, while their flexibility, professionalism, and ability to meet all needs made them a go-to partner.

I'm the VP of communications at a consulting company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Storyfarm?

We wanted to put together a video about our company and the value we provide.

We explained our goals to them and they created a project plan. Then, they developed the script and the storyboard, did custom animation, and provided the voiceover. They also handled all the editing.

We wanted to have an engaging video that our sales people could share with new prospects. Storyfarm definitely delivered on that goal, producing a visually appealing and warm video that shows our audiences that we really care about them. One of the key goals was to highlight our value proposition and to show that we're different from other companies in our field.

We had two main points of contact.

How did you come to work with them?

We worked with Storyfarm on other projects previously, so we’ve had a long-term relationship with them. One of our colleagues knew of them and recommended them to us. We wanted to work with an experienced, local firm, so we decided that Storyfarm would be a good fit.

This project started in June 2017 and it ended in June 2018.

The feedback from our sales team and our prospects has been very positive. The video tells a good story and connects to our target audiences.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They did an excellent job and were very flexible. We had regular phone calls and emailed back and forth between the calls. We also met with them in person.

Their level of expertise was unmatched. They were eager to meet all of our needs and provided valuable recommendations. They have strong values and adhere to the quality standards they've set for themselves.

No. I appreciate their expertise.

Tell them what your goals are and let them come back to you with their ideas. Let them be creative because they might think of something you've never thought of.

I've already recommended them.

Video Production for Healthcare Company

“We only use Storyfarm for our projects now.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2010 - July 2017

Storyfarm serves as a healthcare company's videography partner. They write and film informational videos, retail sales pitches, and advertisements, then provide extensive edits.

Bristol, Tennessee
Benjamin Blessing
EVP Sales and Marketing, NFI Consumer Products

High-quality marketing content from Storyfarm has grown the brand from $8 to $40 milion. The team earns recognition for their transparent communication and independent, proactive management. They are consistently flexible, committed, and willing to go beyond requirements.

I am the executive vice president of sales and marketing of NFI Consumer Products and UPM Pharmaceuticals. We are an OTC healthcare company and a contract manufacturing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Storyfarm?

I approached Storyfarm about seven years ago when I was running the marketing for UPM Pharmaceuticals for a sales video to show potential clients. The work they did morphed over the years as we developed into an OTC healthcare company. They began to take over our national TV ads, as well as sales video needed for that market.

Storyfarm has done around 30 videos for us, which are explainer style videos, as well as advertisements. For each of those videos, they made three to four edits, whether it was making it longer or shorter, changing content for us, or changing out opening and endings. I have well over 200 projects on my computer that they have created, edited and sent to me.

In the manufacturing business, we needed to explain our capabilities and how we can assist current and future clients. On the healthcare side, we developed ads through creative sessions, storyboarding and dialogue, as well as script writing. We merge what my group has thought of creatively with what their group has thought of creatively. Nine times out of 10, we end up using Storyfarm’s creative and script writing. From our side, we make edits to ensure that FDA and regulatory wording matches. They format the commercial so that they would play well, have a point of sale, and a call to action at the end of the commercials to drive people to retail.

For the OTC healthcare side, most of the videos have been live action featuring celebrities or talent that they have hired, in addition to creating animated videos for us as well. One, in particular, is phenomenal, and we went to national TV with it. They also created little sales videos we would present to retailers to help us get a product on the shelf. If we had a product we were pitching to a retailer, they would animate the product, and design it so that we could have a potential commercial allowing the retailer to see it before the product even hit the market. They have done a little bit of everything for us. They are wonderful partners.

We did a commercial for our Blue-Emu brand with two Hall of Famers, Johnny Bench and Mike Ditka. Storyfarm traveled to Chicago with me and we did the shoot there. Not only do they do all the script writing and shooting, they help me with the location spots and getting those secured, as well as design and clothing and all of those details for the shoot. When I show up at shoots now, I bring nothing but myself, and everything is ready to go when I show up. The sites are rented, they take care of the food and clothing for the actors; every aspect is taken care of.

How did you come to work with Storyfarm?

Our original factory, when we were in the contract manufacturing business, was in Baltimore, and we were trying to find a way to get a sales video created. I searched within Baltimore for a video group. I had all the groups in Baltimore that were up and coming or well-known fill out an RFP for how much it would cost. Storyfarm won the business.

Over the past seven years, we have invested over $1 million with them.

We started working together seven years ago, and the relationship is ongoing with the most recent project completion in July 2017.

In 2014, when we bought the Blue-Emu brand, it was approximately an $8 million brand. I don’t want to take away from how we have placed the ads, but in four years, we have grown the brand from an $8 million brand to an over $40 million brand solely based off the TV advertising they have done. Where you place the media plays a big role in that; however, without their content, we wouldn’t have been able to do it.

Over the years, the Storyfarm team members have become friends of our team. Our team feels like Storyfarm is an extension of us. They have done videos for another brand, e.p.t.™, as well. One of our employees here is pregnant, and, e.p.t.™ being a pregnancy test, it was a perfect opportunity to do an Internet campaign where she records videos in-house and we launch it. We were having trouble with the system that they edit videos in, and with a simple phone call to Storyfarm, at no charge, they helped us and fixed it. Now we are able to do our own videos. They not only make videos for us, but they also assist us in our own video editing to help us help our brand grow at no charge. They are willing to lend a hand when asked.

How did Storyfarm perform from a project management standpoint?

When I first bought Blue-Emu, I was very involved. We went back and forth, and our creative meetings would go weeks at a time. Over the years, I have learned that if I just let Storyfarm do what they do, they handle everything. I used to handle the clothing for the actors, hiring the talent, reserving the places to shoot. Over the years, their relationship with me has morphed into me telling them what I need, and they take care of it. It has turned into a turnkey system for me, where I no longer have to do a whole lot. They handle every piece that I would have forgotten about.

They are very honest. I work a little bit with UPN these days, and they wanted another sales video made, but were trying to cut costs. Storyfarm submitted an RFP form, but their cost was too high. They were very honest in not wanting to lose money on a shoot and submitted their price. I found their honesty noteworthy and worth its weight in gold. It proved to me why I continue to only use them on the consumer healthcare side. The pricing is what it is, and they are very honest and upfront about it.

We only use Storyfarm for our projects now. The level of trust I have with them doesn’t require me to reach out for RFPs anymore. I can’t put a price tag on the amount of trust I have for the team.

No. They are perfect. They are my gift to my marketing team.

Overall Score They are an absolute pleasure.
    They always meet projected deadlines and usually come in sooner. When I request meetings, they are willing to work around my schedule.
    We have reached out to see where they are in terms of pricing in the market. Compared with other brands, Storyfarm provides the best value.
    I refer them to anyone I speak to who needs video content.