Producing online video and broadcast spots.

Storyfarm concepts, scripts, designs, films, animates, edits, finishes, and distributes online videos and broadcast spots for CPG, lifestyle & apparel, higher education, healthcare, financial services, and associations.

Baltimore, MD
  • Storyfarm
    300 S. Patterson Park Avenue; Suite 203
    Baltimore, MD 21231

Video Production for Healthcare Company

“We only use Storyfarm for our projects now.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2010 - July 2017

Storyfarm serves as a healthcare company's videography partner. They write and film informational videos, retail sales pitches, and advertisements, then provide extensive edits.

Bristol, Tennessee
Benjamin Blessing
EVP Sales and Marketing, NFI Consumer Products

High-quality marketing content from Storyfarm has grown the brand from $8 to $40 milion. The team earns recognition for their transparent communication and independent, proactive management. They are consistently flexible, committed, and willing to go beyond requirements.

I am the executive vice president of sales and marketing of NFI Consumer Products and UPM Pharmaceuticals. We are an OTC healthcare company and a contract manufacturing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Storyfarm?

I approached Storyfarm about seven years ago when I was running the marketing for UPM Pharmaceuticals for a sales video to show potential clients. The work they did morphed over the years as we developed into an OTC healthcare company. They began to take over our national TV ads, as well as sales video needed for that market.

Storyfarm has done around 30 videos for us, which are explainer style videos, as well as advertisements. For each of those videos, they made three to four edits, whether it was making it longer or shorter, changing content for us, or changing out opening and endings. I have well over 200 projects on my computer that they have created, edited and sent to me.

In the manufacturing business, we needed to explain our capabilities and how we can assist current and future clients. On the healthcare side, we developed ads through creative sessions, storyboarding and dialogue, as well as script writing. We merge what my group has thought of creatively with what their group has thought of creatively. Nine times out of 10, we end up using Storyfarm’s creative and script writing. From our side, we make edits to ensure that FDA and regulatory wording matches. They format the commercial so that they would play well, have a point of sale, and a call to action at the end of the commercials to drive people to retail.

For the OTC healthcare side, most of the videos have been live action featuring celebrities or talent that they have hired, in addition to creating animated videos for us as well. One, in particular, is phenomenal, and we went to national TV with it. They also created little sales videos we would present to retailers to help us get a product on the shelf. If we had a product we were pitching to a retailer, they would animate the product, and design it so that we could have a potential commercial allowing the retailer to see it before the product even hit the market. They have done a little bit of everything for us. They are wonderful partners.

We did a commercial for our Blue-Emu brand with two Hall of Famers, Johnny Bench and Mike Ditka. Storyfarm traveled to Chicago with me and we did the shoot there. Not only do they do all the script writing and shooting, they help me with the location spots and getting those secured, as well as design and clothing and all of those details for the shoot. When I show up at shoots now, I bring nothing but myself, and everything is ready to go when I show up. The sites are rented, they take care of the food and clothing for the actors; every aspect is taken care of.

How did you come to work with Storyfarm?

Our original factory, when we were in the contract manufacturing business, was in Baltimore, and we were trying to find a way to get a sales video created. I searched within Baltimore for a video group. I had all the groups in Baltimore that were up and coming or well-known fill out an RFP for how much it would cost. Storyfarm won the business.

Over the past seven years, we have invested over $1 million with them.

We started working together seven years ago, and the relationship is ongoing with the most recent project completion in July 2017.

In 2014, when we bought the Blue-Emu brand, it was approximately an $8 million brand. I don’t want to take away from how we have placed the ads, but in four years, we have grown the brand from an $8 million brand to an over $40 million brand solely based off the TV advertising they have done. Where you place the media plays a big role in that; however, without their content, we wouldn’t have been able to do it.

Over the years, the Storyfarm team members have become friends of our team. Our team feels like Storyfarm is an extension of us. They have done videos for another brand, e.p.t.™, as well. One of our employees here is pregnant, and, e.p.t.™ being a pregnancy test, it was a perfect opportunity to do an Internet campaign where she records videos in-house and we launch it. We were having trouble with the system that they edit videos in, and with a simple phone call to Storyfarm, at no charge, they helped us and fixed it. Now we are able to do our own videos. They not only make videos for us, but they also assist us in our own video editing to help us help our brand grow at no charge. They are willing to lend a hand when asked.

How did Storyfarm perform from a project management standpoint?

When I first bought Blue-Emu, I was very involved. We went back and forth, and our creative meetings would go weeks at a time. Over the years, I have learned that if I just let Storyfarm do what they do, they handle everything. I used to handle the clothing for the actors, hiring the talent, reserving the places to shoot. Over the years, their relationship with me has morphed into me telling them what I need, and they take care of it. It has turned into a turnkey system for me, where I no longer have to do a whole lot. They handle every piece that I would have forgotten about.

They are very honest. I work a little bit with UPN these days, and they wanted another sales video made, but were trying to cut costs. Storyfarm submitted an RFP form, but their cost was too high. They were very honest in not wanting to lose money on a shoot and submitted their price. I found their honesty noteworthy and worth its weight in gold. It proved to me why I continue to only use them on the consumer healthcare side. The pricing is what it is, and they are very honest and upfront about it.

We only use Storyfarm for our projects now. The level of trust I have with them doesn’t require me to reach out for RFPs anymore. I can’t put a price tag on the amount of trust I have for the team.

No. They are perfect. They are my gift to my marketing team.

Overall Score They are an absolute pleasure.
    They always meet projected deadlines and usually come in sooner. When I request meetings, they are willing to work around my schedule.
    We have reached out to see where they are in terms of pricing in the market. Compared with other brands, Storyfarm provides the best value.
    I refer them to anyone I speak to who needs video content.