Videos that accomplish our client's goals

Gold

Sparkhouse is an Orange County-based video marketing, advertising, and video production company, fusing expertise in the art of filmmaking with an intuitive grasp of the digital world. The company tailors branded films and commercials with bold storytelling, cinematic production value, and exciting innovation. Read on to see why we’re the best of all the southern California video production companies!

Irvine, CA
  • 2400 Main St Suite 202
    Irvine, CA 92614
  • 4025 CANARIO ST UNIT 342
    Carlsbad, CA 92008

First American Title, Nekter Juice Bars, Jacuzzi, Youtube, Entrepreneur Magazine, Forever 21, Liquipel, Zyliss, XFX, Cambro, AMD, Zodiac Aerospace, UAG, Honda Financial, Nissan, Undefeated, XFX, Corvel, Zyliss, Stussy, Nitto, Denso, CoreLogic, Cambro, JWC Enviromental, Vizio, Amrstrong Gardens, Irvine Chamber, Cole and Mason, ECOS, Honda Financial, EvaDrop. Also proud to work with local businesses and advertising agencies.

Sparkhouse 2018 Demo

A highlight reel of Sparkhouse's best work from 2018!

Video Production for Denso

Denso Commercial & Heavy Duty needed video production for their new product: the Denso PowerEdge alternator. Sparkhouse created a video featuring rock music matching the power of both commercial trucks and the Denso alternator. It also featured smooth transitions and models showing how the alternator works.

Video Production for BORD

Video prodution for a BORD paddle boards. Sparkhouse filmed with stunning quality right on the ocean.

Zyliss Control - Something for Everyone

Teracube Launch Video

Christie Digital - Stories of Light

Quest - Company Video

Marketing Video for Networking Platform

"The team is talented, capable, and diligent! They have the right mix of qualities to produce incredible results."

July 2019 - Feb. 2020

Sparkhouse produced an informative marketing video. Their process included script copywriting, creating storyboards, producing animations, and implementing edits, among other tasks.

North Bend, Washington
Michael Samson
Founder & CEO, Eruditely

Stakeholders are pleased with the video's inspiring content and appealing visuals. Each member of the Sparkhouse team was exceptionally easy to work with. They were responsive, eager to solve challenges, and highly detail-oriented. The specialists patiently fulfilled many phases of edits.

I'm the Founder and CEO of Eruditely (https://eruditely.com), a groundbreaking knowledge and networking platform for content creators, writers, artists, musicians, educators, learners, and more!

For what projects/services did your company hire Sparkhouse?

We hired Sparkhouse to produce a marketing video that would demonstrate our platform in detail to a variety of audiences, including new members, crowdfunding, investors, and the general public.

The main goal of our project was to produce an inspiring and informative video that would fully demonstrate our platform and its features using a variety of different use-cases. Knowing that we had a lot of information to convey, we wanted to tell a story for each set of features to keep the video interesting and the viewer engaged. This video had to be appealing and compelling to many audiences ranging from future members to potential investors.

I spent about two days researching and evaluating various video production companies that I found online. I ultimately found Clutch and started to review the top video companies there. I was trying to find a video company that had a wide degree of capabilities and styles. Eventually I found Sparkhouse and reviewed their portfolio which was very impressive. Ultimately I reached out to them and had an initial conversation with their CEO Torrey Tayenaka. That conversation went very well, and lead to me choosing them.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

It was evident from the very beginning that Sparkhouse had an extremely organized planning and production process. Before the project started they had me fill out a Creative Brief so that I could fully explain our goals and requirements. Their entire production team read that brief in preparation for our first conference call. At every phase of the project the team made sure they fully understood our requirements and feedback, and adjusted the plans accordingly. What I found most impressive about Sparkhouse was that they really stuck to their production phases. Some of those phases included a script outline, script copywriting, AV script, black and white storyboards, colored storyboards, animation production and many phases of corrections. By breaking down the process in this way and really following it forced us to clearly think out every step and detail, and ultimately resulted in better decisions and superior results.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Sparkhouse has an amazing team, and people who specialize in every part of the project. This includes a dedicated Account Manager, Producer, Creative Director, Copywriter, Voice-over Artist, and animation team, among others. Their Founder and CEO Torrey Tayenaka was very hands on, especially in the earlier phases of the project which I felt was very important. Their project management style is rooted in their well-organized production phases, but also complimented by their extremely fast response times. Earlier in the project we had a lot of conference calls with multiple team members so everyone was on the same page. Individual team members would often reach out via email for specific purposes, and their response times were extremely fast. Sparkhouse also uses Frame.io to help coordinate the entire team with the client during review phases. Our video in particular went through many phases of review and corrections, and using Frame.io really helped to keep that process efficient. I should also mention that the entire team at Sparkhouse is extremely patient, and is willing to go the extra mile to make the customer happy.

We finished our video recently, so it's a little early to speak about overall success. But I can say with confidence that every single person who has seen our video thus far was blown away by it. We all had certain expectations of what this video would like when the project started, and the end results have far exceeded all those expectations. The video Sparkhouse made for us is visually stunning, captivating, and inspiring. It checks off all the boxes we needed to make a video for all audiences. I have no doubt that it will help us to bring attention to Eruditely for many years to come!

Over the months that we worked with Sparkhouse I got to know every single member of their team very well. Their Founder and CEO Torrey Tayenaka is extremely professional and easy to talk with. If there was ever a problem he quickly stepped in to remedy it. Our Account Manager, Spencer, was always there with lightning fast response times over email. Having those fast response times is so critical on a large production project. The Creative Director, John N, was really key to our video's success because he was willing to work on all the details and multiple phases of corrections. I pushed John hard to get every single detail right in our video, and he was always up to the challenge. I also enjoyed working with the Producer, Jonny, who was very helpful in the end phases of our project. Every single member of Sparkhouse has different responsibilities, but they all work together extremely well to produce superior results. I honestly enjoyed working with every single person!

There are many things that I found impressive about Sparkhouse, but one thing stands out beyond all others. I'm not the easiest of customers to have. I'm a detail-oriented perfectionist who has very high standards. I expect the best out of everyone I work with, and I push people hard to achieve amazing goals. This kind of work ethic can produce great results when working with the right people. In the case of Sparkhouse they were always willing to go the extra mile for me. Our video was extremely detailed, and I wanted to really get it as perfect as possible. This meant going through many phases of review and corrections. There were times when I thought I'd drive the Sparkhouse team crazy, and I probably did. But despite this they always remained professional and were willing to put in the extra time to get every detail right. I have great respect for them because of this. The team at Sparkhouse is talented, capable, and diligent! They have exactly the right mix of qualities to produce incredible results. I'm so grateful that I found them and for all the time and hard work they put into making our video the best it could be!

Our video did take a lot longer to produce than originally planned, but that is not due to Sparkhouse. This is mainly because I pushed to make the video as perfect as possible, resulting in many extra phases of review and corrections. I think the only real issues we had with Sparkhouse were in the earlier phases of production while working on the script outline. There were definitely some miscommunications during that stage, but we were able to resolve those problems with the help of Torrey. While I can't say this entire project went flawlessly, the end results were flawless because Sparkhouse was always willing to go above and beyond.

Overall Score If you're looking to create an amazing video and want the best results, Sparkhouse is definitely the right company. I'm so grateful we chose them! =)
    They never missed a call and were always on time!
    You get what you pay for. With that said, Sparkhouse gave us a great deal and stuck to their original quote even when they had to put in extra time.
    In a word: Incredible! I think these results speak for themselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzceBgnNn0U
    Extremely likely, and in fact, I've already referred several people to Sparkhouse!

Introductory Video Production for Marketing Agency

"They know exactly what they are doing."

Jan. - Feb. 2020

Sparkhouse created an introductory video for a marketing company. Their team aimed to generate awareness through building out a solid creative video.

Fullerton, California
Ron Arellano
President, Search Business Group

Sparkhouse successfully launched the video, which quickly increased traffic and generated interest. The workflow was very smooth. They were a perfect match and delivered an incredible product. The process and attention to detail were highly impressive.

Search Business Group in a marketing agency focusing on Search Engine Optimization, Web Design, and Branding. I'm the President

For what projects/services did your company hire Sparkhouse?

We hire Sparkhouse to make an introduction video of the services we provide to a specific niche we work with.

The goal was to generate traffic, create awareness and final goal to generate leads from our website and marketing campaigns

I research local companies, I visit their websites and I could not find nothing like Sparkhouse. After checking their portfolio and the types of clients they have work in the past. I knew it was going to be the one.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Everything started after I click the red button on their website "Get Started", this form was very effective, they ask me specific questions about my project. Right after I receive a phone call from Torrey, where he explains the video process in detail. Areas where their team needs to involve to create the impact I was looking for.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

These guys know exactly what they are doing. My main point of contact was Torrey and he was extremely responsive over the phone and email. The round of revisions was simple and they were open to making the necessary changes to accomplish our goal.

After launching the video we start seeing our website traffic increase, we generate interest and we use the same video to promote it in other marketing channels.

Very smooth. I'm particularly very picky for the creative world and my team knows also how I operate. Working with Sparkhouse was a perfect match, their team cares about the final result and that's the type of video marketing agency I love to work with

What impressed the most was the video production process and the attention to the smallest details.

I did not find areas where I can make a recommendation to improve. They know exactly what they are doing.

Overall Score Best video marketing agency I have been work with
    Delivery on time!
    It was 200% worth it!
    We love our video!
    Of course!

Social Media Marketing for Smartphone Developer

"They delivered above and beyond what we expected."

2019 - Mar. 2020

Sparkhouse created several short videos that the client published on their social media channels for digital marketing purposes.

Redmond, Washington
Anthony Tsim
Co-Founder, Teracube Inc

Sparkhouse delivered high-quality videos on time and within budget. They're responsive and possesses excellent communication skills. The team is personable and professional.

Teracube is the only phone you'll ever need for the next 4 years and beyond. Better for your pocket, better for the planet. My name is Anthony Tsim, I am the co-founder.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sparkhouse?

We have hired Sparkhouse on several occasions. Sparkhouse helped us developed our grand Kickstarter video and that was a wild success. It contributed to our overall success in our crowdfunding campaign in 2019.

To create several short videos for social media and digital marketing use.

We were referred to Sparkhouse by our marketing trusted advisor.

For this project, we wanted to create a shorter version of the videos for social media and digital marketing purposes.

We worked closely with the account manager and producer as the main point of contact, which is great it is always good to work with a single point of contact. Communication is super crisp with quick responsiveness. I can't praise enough for this kind of customer service.

As usual, Sparkhouse delivered the videos on budget, on time, and with great quality.

Workflow with Sparkhouse was very effective. Their communication and responsiveness is second to none.

Everything!! Everyone in the team are friendly, professional, patient and most importantly, understands what the clients are looking for. They listen to our request and then turnaround and produced a very effective script to convey our message. They work very hard within our budget and scope. They delivered above and beyond what we expected.

None other than please keep up the good work and continue to be adaptive and flexible working with small businesses like us.

Overall Score Best video production agency I have worked with in a long time. Great work and fantastic work!!
    Wonderful!
    Amazing!
    One word - Awesome!
    I have no hesitation to refer Sparkhouse to anyone!

Video Production for Dietary Supplement

"There was clear communication at all times with everyone on both teams."

Feb. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Sparkhouse produced a promotional video for a dietary supplement company.

Employee, Dietary Supplement Co

The video recently launched and it received positive feedback. Sparkhouse was flexible and made changes whenever they were requested. They had insightful suggestions that ensured project success.

New start up dietary supplement company

Promo Videos

Brand awareness

Through word of mouth

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We brought our own director on board and they accepted working with him on the project.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

They made many insightful suggestions while working well within our budget for everything, from initial designs to actors and voice-overs.

Video well received (just launched)

They graciously accommodated all the numerous requested changes and we made plenty, down to the very last minute. There was clear communication at all times with everyone on both teams. Everyone who was involved throughout the entire process communicated by email and they were available to conference call when needed.

They asked important questions that showed a clear interest in our product and made sure it was communicated well in the final outcome. Most importantly, they made our vision a reality!

Delivery timeline could be improved.

Startup Introduction Video for Nonprofit Program

"Even after the project ended, Sparkhouse went out of their way (above and beyond) to make one last edit for us."

Dec. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Sparkhouse produced a video highlighting the 2019 lineup of emerging companies for a nonprofit program. The video needed to introduce each startup succinctly while being memorable and visually engaging.

Newport Beach, California
Jocelyn Campino
Program Coordinator, Merage Institute

Key internal stakeholders lauded the final video as well as the filming process. Open to feedback, Sparkhouse led a collaborative project, soliciting client input at each step. Their responsiveness sets them up well for continued engagement in the future.

I am the Program Coordinator for the Merage Institute, an education-focused non-profit which aims to stimulate the establishment and growth of Israeli technology-based startup companies. The Merage Institute is committed to promoting trade as a vehicle to economic growth between Israel and the United States.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sparkhouse?

We looked to Sparkhouse for support building an introductory video on this year's participating startup companies, and looked for Sparkhouse to take ownership of the project from start to finish.

They researched our participating companies, condensed company mission statements, scripted and recorded voiceovers, added graphics and audio, and in the end gave us a finished product that wove together 18 different startup companies into one cohesive video.

We wanted to introduce each startup company, and simplify each company's mission down to the core basics. We wanted the video to be attention-grabbing, informative, and visually appealing/memorable for the audience. We wanted our startup executives to feel proud when seeing their company's mission on sceen.

Sparkhouse was recommended to us by trusted branding and production experts. They were an easy choice.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

I was most impressed by Sparkhouse's communication throughout the entire video production process. We were kept in the loop at every step, and were given the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions at every stage.

We could choose the voice that would be our voiceover, choose the background music and transitions, edit the scripting and switch around the visuals. Sparkhouse was very collaborative throughout, and worked with us to meet a very tight deadline.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Extremely open. I thought Frameio worked great for group suggestions and edits to the video drafts, and shared Google docs kept us all on the same page at the same time (literally). Weekly emails were sent with milestones, so there was never a point where I felt like we didn't know what was going on with the project. The entire team was great to work with.

Our CEO and Founder thought this was one of the best videos we'd put together in years. Now that we know the general workflow, we're excited to work with Sparkhouse again in the future!

Extremely - Sparkhouse was always quick to respond, and never left us hanging for an answer.

Their professionalism and responsiveness. Even after the project ended, Sparkhouse went out of their way (above and beyond) to make one last edit for us, and it was extremely appreciated. It's those kinds of personal touches and small details that let you know how much the Sparkhouse team cares about their work, and their relationship with customers.

For our next video, WE will come to the project more prepared with audio-visuals and media to bring more to the collaborative process. I think Sparkhouse did a great job - wouldn't change a thing.

Overall Score Would definitely recommend!
    Always made themselves available, which was huge for us.
    Worth the price for the value we received.

Video Production for SEO Consulting Company

"Sparkhouse really has that empathy and their processes and results really show it."

Jan. - June 2019

Sparkhouse produced a video for an SEO consulting company. The team created videos to help convert prospects and leads and was responsible for writing scripts, creating a storyboard, and handling production.

Costa Mesa, California
Jason Khoo
Founder & CEO, Zupo

The videos have become a central part of the client's marketing strategy. Sparkhouse is productive and organized, producing high-quality work through a collaborative and communicative process. The team establishes a seamless workflow and takes the client's needs into account.

Zupo is a SEO consulting agency helping construct powerful long term SEO strategies for our clients. We develop close relationships with our clients to leverage their industry experience with our own intimate knowledge of the search landscape to create truly competitive SEO strategies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sparkhouse?

We needed a video marketing strategy to start kicking off the company's launch. We knew SEO, we knew written content, but we did not understand video. Sparkhouse came in and gave us a clearer direction with incorporating video into the ultimate goals we had set for the business.

Wanted evergreen videos that would help convert prospects and leads who were interacting with the business. Wanted a video that stood out and represented the quality and characteristics of the brand.

Sparkhouse came very heavily recommended. Many agencies and owners of those agencies talked about Sparkhouse before. Ultimately I chose them due to their work in the community. I worked alongside them, saw their work and pulled the trigger.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

I had the idea, Sparkhouse did everything else. They helped come up with the script, storyboard and the ultimate production. I honestly came in a little unprepared, but Sparkhouse took care of the entire production process. They kept me in line with updates and scheduling. Ultimately they really quarterbacked the project well.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Updated on a weekly basis and hopped on calls for major updates. Worked with their producer and their CEO. Both were involved throughout the process and really facilitated the structure of the engagaement.

The marketing for Zupo is just launching and with the videos we have received we have the assets to really go all out with our marketing. The videos have become the central point of our funnels and have really carried the rest of our marketing efforts.

These guys are productive and efficient. It made me really take a step back and look at my own workflow. Their communication was quick and always responsive.

You'd think that someone of Sparkhouse's level would only care about ginormous Fortune 500 budgets, but I really felt treated like a big time client with them. They understood my budget, worked with it and treated the budget like it was their own money. Coming into these engagements you are always a little nervous about how the agency will deal with budgets. Sparkhouse really has that empathy and their processes and results really show it.

Nope, they are awesome!

Staff Introductory Videos for Electronics Distributor

"They were always providing ideas and solutions to improve the video."

October 2019

Sparkhouse filmed and produced eight videos for an electronics company. Their team developed an engaging video story surrounding the client's idea and then created the project.

Matthew Amato
Marketing and PR Specialist, IBS ELECTRONICS

Sparkhouse's team completed the videos within two weeks after filming. Their team responded quickly and were dedicated to offering quality video production. The project management was seamless and highly effective.

I am the global marketing and public relations manager for IBS Electronics, Inc. An international electronic component distributor and supply chain solution provider. We focus on reducing our customers supply chain complexity while delivering the most innovative products and services on time, every time.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sparkhouse?

We hired Sparkhouse to produce and shoot 8 different videos for a few of our team members so our customers and partners could get to know us better.

To produce high quality professional videos for each team member which Sparkhouse executed perfectly!

We found this vendor online researching local video production companies. We met with them and determined it was a perfect match - appreciated the kind professionalism from their team.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We started with an idea and they helped us develop a story and engaging video content that viewers would find interesting and fun to watch. They were very prompt to reply to any questions and always provided excellent feedback. Additionally, on the day of the shoot they were very hospitable to those waiting their turn and were very quick to shoot and complete the project, thank you!

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Weekly goals for them to achieve as milestones and updates along the way, quick response time within hours always. The use of their online video portal that allows us to provide feedback on the clips was excellent and extremely efficient.

All 8 videos were completed within under 2 weeks from the date we filmed them. They were always providing ideas and solutions to improve the video.

Extremely effective, essentially seamless operations.

Quick and professional response time, and dedication to making us comfortable and ensure quality production.

None!

Overall Score 10 STARS - EXCELLENT !!
    Excellent, open to meeting all of our requests
    Extremely competitive costs considering the high quality team production and finished work
    Excellent!!! Quality people and quality work produced
    Extremely likely to recommned

Video Production for Early Stage Startup

"I was constantly impressed with their ability to execute and their attention to transparency."

Aug. - Oct. 2019

Involved in all aspects of production, the team at Sparkhouse created an animated video to showcase a new startup’s efforts to potential investors and partners. The engagement lasted a month and a half.

President, Startup

The team at Sparkhouse delivered a high-quality animated video that met all requirements. Their attentiveness makes them stand out from similar providers. Customers can expect a transparent and communicative team when working with Sparkhouse.

I’m the president of an early-stage startup. We’re in the first quarter of operations with only five people on staff.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sparkhouse?

We hired Sparkhouse to create a video presentation that would help us pitch to potential investors, partners, and market players. We needed a short video that would articulate what our startup and product would look like in the future. They say a picture tells a thousand words, but a video can tell a million.

We engaged with Sparkhouse from start to finish to create our video. We had initial sketches and PowerPoints that documented our story. Their team was involved in storyboarding, scriptwriting, and then developing the video itself. They made an animated video that was a little over two minutes.

We worked with Spencer (Account Manager & Producer, Sparkhouse), and to some degree, we engaged with Torrey (Founder, Sparkhouse). Directly, I would say between 4–5 people were working on the project.

How did you come to work with Sparkhouse?

We’re tied to an incubator here in Irvine that recommended Sparkhouse. They had worked with them a long time ago, but we selected them because of their proximity. When it comes to creative engagements, I don’t want to work with a company across the country. It’s challenging to meet with them and go over work when there is a significant distance.

Roughly, we spent between $15,000–$20,000.

We kicked off at the end of August 2019. The video was finished within the first week of October 2019.

The animation turned out great. Some areas need improvement, but that’s out of their control. We’re thinking about adding voiceovers. The execution and story they created were spot-on. Early on, we didn’t see a lot because of storyboarding and script work. When we saw the first version of the video, we were impressed that Sparkhouse was able to capture the essence of what we intended to do.

Their team put in a lot of effort. I was pleased with the deliverable. Torrey and Spencer’s level of attentiveness and detail were excellent. I’ve worked with other firms where I’ve spent a lot of money, and they didn’t get anywhere close to the work that Sparkhouse delivered.

How did Sparkhouse perform from a project management standpoint?

I much appreciate Sparkhouse’s team. Compared to other firms, they’re top-tier when it comes to the level of transparency and attentiveness.

We had regular communications. Spencer checked in multiple times a week, pushing our end for logo and branding assets, our initial storyboard, and feedback. Even though our offices are 10 miles from each other, we only met once in person for the kickoff meeting. Frequent meetings weren’t necessary because they delivered work and communicated well enough.

I was constantly impressed with their ability to execute and their attention to transparency. I also appreciated the frequent communication. As an operations guy, I like timelines. The team at Sparkhouse kept them tight, keeping the project moving. Typically, a lot of firms don’t chase down their clients because they don’t want to bother them. I felt Spencer displayed the perfect balance. Because of that, the deliverable was finished on time and within budget. The results are just great.

I really can’t see anything. Their communication style is excellent. I wouldn’t hesitate to work with them again in the near future. Ideally, we will work with them next year for the next round of video production. Overall, Sparkhouse did an excellent job.

Clients need to be prepared and have a vision of what they want. We did a lot of homework on our end, mocking and sketching things out quite a bit. We put in the proper level of investment, and their team responded accordingly, delivering a great product.

Compared to my past experiences, they were a great value for the money.

Video Production for Sustainable Smartphone Company

“We were super impressed with their casting skills and selections.”

July - Sept. 2019

SparkHouse produced a video that encouraged viewers to fund an eco-minded smartphone company's solution. They scripted, cast actors, scouted locations, and edited the final video.

Redmond, Washington
Sharad Mittal
CEO, Teracube

The final video was posted to the client’s Kickstarter page, earning 11,000 views since. Viewers are pre-ordering the phone, and the company has earned $100,000 in their fundraising effort. The product was light-hearted and informative for both internal and external parties, meeting expectations.

I’m the founder of Teracube. We produce sustainable smartphones and just launched our product on Kickstarter.

Our product reduces the carbon footprint of cellular devices. They come with a four-year warranty. Our thought was, by making them last longer, we reduce the waste of producing new phones at the volumes we do now.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sparkhouse?

For our launch on Kickstarter, we needed a high-quality video that envisions the value of Teracube. We wanted a creative, funny, professional video that would bring our concept to life.

First, we asked them to write a humorous script that captures our environmental mission and warranty offering. From there, they were responsible for finding actors, a shooting site, and selecting the crew. After the shoot, they were in charge of editing as well. The team was fully responsible for the creation of the script and the several edits of the final video.

How did you come to work with Sparkhouse?

We received several proposals for the work and looked over many portfolios. After reaching out to Sparkhouse based on the professional quality of their past work, we had a chat with their CEO. Creating a humorous, high-quality video is not an easy task. But, their portfolio combined with our conversation convinced us that they could deliver on it.

We paid $25,000 for the project.

Our engagement lasted from July–September 2019.

Our Kickstarter page has close to 11,000 views and we’re nearing $100,000. People are pre-ordering the phone. While this can’t be directly attributed to the video in full, we feel that they’ve delivered tremendous value, especially because we’re a new brand. Our internal team is also a big fan of the final product. We’ve received great feedback.

How did Sparkhouse perform from a project management standpoint?

The project window was very short. They pulled the project together super quickly, taking all of our feedback into account. We were super impressed with their team, as well as the actor and staff they hired to be part of the production. They produced something that met our expectations on an accelerated timeline.

We were super impressed with their casting skills and selections. They auditioned about 30 actors, and they ended up with a great team. My co-founder and I visited the shoot, and we were blown away with the quality of the equipment and the meticulousness of the site. Because of all of that, the final video came out great. Each aspect of the project was managed superbly.

Nothing comes to mind. We were super impressed with the quality they delivered on such a short timeline. Even if we had more time, I can’t imagine having a better product.

Overall Score You won’t find anyone better than them.

Video Production for Tire Industry Leader

“It was clear Sparkhouse had spent time looking into our industry and I was very impressed by that.”

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Sparkhouse produced a series of videos for a tire industry lead. Their team was responsible for an animated master brand video and a series of 10 explainer videos.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Gretchen Skalka
Director, Content and Creative Services, TBC Corporation

While the work is ongoing, the internal team has provided positive feedback tot he completed work and expects the project to be successful. Sparkhouse establishes a smooth workflow, avoiding scope creep and adhering to deadlines. Their team is creative, professional, and hard-working.

I am the director of content and creative services in the marketing department at TBC Corporation, a tire industry leader. We have 28 wholesale brands and also own a technology company. We have a portfolio of brands that are all across the United States, some parts of South America, and Europe. TBC Corporation is headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sparkhouse?

We were looking to create an SEO targeted video that would reinforce our Sumitomo brand of tires but could also be used across our brand as a whole. A lot of our companies share a product catalog, so we wanted it to be appropriate across our brands while positioning Sumitomo as a leading brand name.

Sparkhouse developed a series of videos for us, a master Sumitomo brand promise video and 10 independent videos. Their team provided us with recommendations, such as created branded channels on YouTube. Our teams went through the somewhat arduous task of laying out all of the content beforehand, so the preproduction work was very extensive.

This ended up streamlining the actual production process, and they’ve completed seven of the videos so far. Sparkhouse animated the master video and created the series of explainer videos, which feature an expert walking the viewer through our products with spliced in product shots. The videos range from explanations of winter, summer, and all-season tires to what tires are best for different vehicles to the anatomy of a tire and how to store them.

We worked with Torrey (CEO & Founder, Sparkhouse) and Spencer (Graphic Design, Sparkhouse).

How did you come to work with Sparkhouse?

I worked within my network to figure out if there were any production companies that folks who do what I do would recommend. We ended up looking on Clutch as well, going through the reviews of companies that met the criteria on paper. We sent an RFP to about seven companies, got down to three we really liked, and ultimately decided Sparkhouse was the right way to go.

We have invested about $100,000.

Our ongoing engagement with Sparkhouse began in December 2018. We anticipated it would take a full year because of the kind of content we’re producing and the number of entities in the industry it has to be vetted by due to safety factors.

While the videos have not yet been published, an internal soft launch has yielded positive feedback. Sparkhouse is right on track with the production schedule and scope laid out at the beginning. It’s one of the smoothest video projects we’ve had, with no scope creep or deadline changes.

Our Sumitomo brand does not have content like this yet so this is a brand new kind of foray into content marketing for them. When we were writing the scripts and going back and forth, they were very thorough. We’re expecting it to be very successful. I’m very pleased with how everything is coming out so far.

How did Sparkhouse perform from a project management standpoint?

We have weekly Wednesday meetings with the Sparkhouse team. They’re very organized, at times they keep me on schedule. It’s been really easy to work with them from that standpoint.

The tires and automotive industry is often seen as being one-dimensional and it really isn’t. Sometimes that’s hard for people outside of the industry to see until they’re in the market for tires themselves. We needed something outside of the traditional kind of video content because of the amount of competition within the industry, and Sparkhouse understood that.

They came to us with very unique ideas. It was clear Sparkhouse had spent time looking into our industry and I was very impressed by that. They took a lot of time upfront to really understand our business and our end goal. Even with taking all that time, they’re still right on target schedule-wise.

No. I think any challenges came from our end. We’ve been impressed by them the entire way.

Gold