Network of Professional Web Developers

We provide professional Angular, React.js, Node.js, Python, Java developers that will work remotely for your team on a full-time basis.

You will have to talk to our managers (though they are nice people!) only in the initial stages of the project: their role is to help you to find the right person for your project. Happy with a developer? We do not get in the way of your communication with them. Our web development professionals are glad to become a strong part of your business.

We have been working on a number of long-term projects, 10 months in average, passionate about interesting and challenging projects.

We are constantly learning and improving our knowledge, with our very special education system within the team. This way we are able to stay up to date with the most cutting-edge technologies and know how to use them.
One of our primary goals is to provide the best possible solutions for the projects we are working on, and we have been successfully achieving this goal since 2015.

You can be sure that we will complete all the tasks and will provide long-term support if you need it.

Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Iceland
  • Stockholm
    Sweden
  • Ottawa

Small and medium businesses, startups.

Unimed Living

Target

Our main goal was to develop media and communication platform

Results

We developed front-end with Less, HTML5 and any jQuery library. Also, we used Vagrant to configure environment of a virtual machine.

jQuery, Less, Gulp, HTML5, CSS3

GradConnection

Target:

The goal was to develop new version of the GradConnection platform.GradConnection provides easy to use features that will help students and graduates to easily find employment opportunities.

Results:

Our developers finished front-end and back-end tasks reaching the milestone in February 2017. Now the new version of the platform is in production. Our

developers used isomorphic React, that renders on the server and Redux as a middleware. Server-side has been developed with Node.js and Django (for the main server-logic).

Technologies:

React, Redux, WebPack, Express, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3

FurtiveLook

Target

The goal was to develop social media platform that helps people once met to find each other.

Results

We made front-end tasks with React/Redux, back-end has been developed with Meteor.

React.js, Redux, Meteor, Less, WebPack, HTML5, CSS3

ConceptSauce

The goal was to develop 3d online shop

Results

We build the front-end part for this Single Page App using Backbone and Typescript. Dust and Stylus were used for templates and styles. We are continuing the development process of this platform in 2017

Backbone.js, Marionette, D3.js, C3.js, HTML5, CSS3

TrendAlytics

Target

Our goal was to develop complicated Node.js server and complete some tasks on a front-end using Angular and D3. Client wanted us to extract data from external APIs, make this data searchable and add custom filters.

Results

We have made it possible with AWS - several web workers, synced via SQS and Mongodb+Elasticsearch storage. It allowed us to replace

existing API and to use custom filters, satisfying consumer needs.

Angular, D3.js, Node.js, Express.js, ElasticSearch, Amazon Web Services

GradReady

Target

Was to develop modern React interfaces for GradReady project . It is a technology company that makes learning more engaging and efficient through Adaptive Learning technologies.

Results

Our team has developed custom interfaces for the GradReady project using React/Redux technologies.

React.js, Redux, WebPack,

Sass, HTML5, CSS3

PaperJet

Target

Our main goal was to develop the front-end part for online PDF editor. Also, we had worked with back-end feautures.

Results

We'd developed a front-end part for this web application. The main functionality is filling and signing online based documents on Ember (front-end), Express (back-end), Grunt and PDF.js for parsing and rendering

PDFs.

Ember.js, Express, jQuery, HTML5, CSS3

GradConnection Campus

Target

Was to develop new platform for GradConnection Campus service. It is a service which provides a feed of thousands of jobs for international students who have traditionally been harder to help achieve relevant employment outcomes after their studies.

Results

During the development process, our developers did front-end and back-end tasks. Stack we've used:

PostgreSQL as DB, Python (Django + Django Rest Framework) for API. Node JS + React for server isomorphic Front-End, React, Redux.

React.js, Redux, WebPack, Express.js, HTML5, CSS3

RHOS

Target

The main goal was to develop Online social network for musicians and artists which will help them to find sponsors and places for their performances

Results

We developed the server and client side. We used such technologies as Express / Node.js / Backbone / Grunt / Less / D3.js

Express, Backbone.js, D3.js,

HTML5, CSS3

Frontend Development for Administrative Dashboard

“The developers understood our vision that having an easy UI/UX was important.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Soshace developed the frontend of an administrative dashboard using JavaScript, Okta, and OneLogin. They incorporated many new features, such as a building sync flow and reporting and analytics capabilities.

Atlanta, Georgia
CTO, Cloud-Based Access Control System

Soshace succeeded in developing the complex system and expanding its capabilities. The team has strong technical expertise, especially in the technology used in this project, and they delivered high-quality results. They offered thorough project management and excellent communication.

I’m the CTO of a cloud-based physical access control system. We manage office or enterprise building door securities, mostly on a cloud. We manage access for who should get in and what kind of access people should have. Everything is automated. When employees are onboarded, they get access to the office automatically. When someone gets offboarded, we remove the access automatically. Administrators of the company don’t have to worry about deleting unauthorized access from their physical security system.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We needed help with frontend development of our administrative dashboard. The dashboard is used by our customers to manage their offices and employee access. We believe in simplicity when it comes to dashboards, and we put a lot of emphasis on UI/UX. We wanted to simplify access control so that anybody can use it.

They built the frontend using JavaScript for our administrative dashboard. We had the initial version, and they added a lot of new functionalities. They did the frontend integrations with Okta and OneLogin and flow configurations for onboarding and offboarding employees. We also built a reporting and analytics dashboard on the dashboard that shows users reports such as attendance.

We also did a building sync with them, which was another good feature. A building has its access control, and the tenants do as well. Often, tenant and building communication is broken, so tenants have to carry two cards or chase staff people to get access to the building. We automated that flow.

I was involved in selecting the developers from their side. We had three developers initially, but now we only have one since we’re mainly in maintenance mode. There was a project manager who mostly handled their time and availability. I worked directly with the developers, which is what we wanted.

We’ve spent $50,000–$100,000.

We started working together in May 2017 and the work is ongoing.

The developers understood our vision that having an easy UI/UX was important.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication was great. We use an agile methodology, and everything was tracked in Jira and GitHub. They provided a lot of details, and, most of the time, we met our timelines.

Their expertise in the technology we use is impressive. They not only encourage their developers to get technical training, but I’ve seen many of their developers enroll in taking English classes too.

Currently, we give them business requirements and make sure they understand what needs to be done. If they could provide end-to-end lifecycle for software development, like capturing the high-level business requirements and breaking them down into functional systems specs and wireframes, and handle the execution, it would offload a lot of work on our side. I’m hesitant to try that right now because they focus on the technical side.

If you give them clear requirements, they will get it done. If you give just high-level details, they won’t be able to make it.

Frontend Development for Cloud Computing Platform

"Soshace has a talented network of engineers in many time zones so that we can work around the clock."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Soshace provides ongoing frontend development services for a cloud computing platform. Much of their work consists of React, Redux, and Angular components.

CEO, Cloud-Based Solution Provider

Soshace has proven to be a talented and professional development partner. The decentralized nature of the engineering team allows for constant progress. Organized and responsive, Soshace offers high-quality work at a reasonable price point.

I am the CEO of a cloud-based solution provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We engaged Soshace to provide frontend developers for one of our products.

Our internal team had prepared the backend and the overall design, but we relied on Soshace to complete the frontend of our cloud computing platform using React, Redux, and Angular.

We work with a group of three developers.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

I found Soshace through Clutch.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000 so far.

Our engagement began in February 2019 and remains ongoing.

Soshace has provided excellent work to this point. They are professional, and they accomplish our tasks on time.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

Instead of having an intermediary project manager form their agency, we communicated directly with the developers, which is our preference. They feel like full-time members of our team because of that arrangement. Soshace has a talented network of engineers in many time zones so that we can work around the clock. We communicate well using Jira, Confluence, and Slack.

Our team is quite technical, so we appreciate that the absence of a project manager allows us to work directly with the engineers completing the work. Further, the price range is really competitive.

Soshace has proven their ability to find developers all around the world, but I think they would be better off by creating small teams of 2–3 people that have previous experience working together. For our project, it took a little while to figure out the group chemistry because the engineers had never worked together before.

Soshace has team members in many different countries, including the United States, so it’s important for future clients to pick the time zone they are comfortable with.

Web App Development for Risk Management Based Solution

"I was happy from the beginning."

Jan. - June 2018

Soshace did full-stack development of a SaaS web app based on written specifications. Features included residuaries, inventories, a task management function, and a dashboard.

Giussano, Italy
William Zisa
CEO, RiskHub

The overall project received positive customer feedback, and it improved business efficiency by freeing resources for other tasks. Soshace provides highly capable developers who can integrate as well as in-house teammates.

I’m the CEO of RiskHub, a startup. Our product is an organizational tool based on risk management.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

I needed a developer to help build my software.

They developed my SaaS web app with React and MySQL. I sent them the document of my idea and they found the developer. I explained my idea to the developer and they did full-stack frontend and backend development. It’s a risk management app. It has residuaries, inventories, and more. They included a task management function and a dashboard.

I worked with one developer.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

I found them online and found them to be the right developer for my idea.

We’ve spent $28,000.

We worked together from January–June 2018.

I have access to software that shows me everything they’re doing. The project went well and I’m very happy with everything they’re doing. They’ve taken a lot of work off my hands. I told them if I had a problem in the future, I would ask them because I like them.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

Their management was effective. They found the right developer in a short time.

They chose the right developer for me and my idea. We had a lot in common and we made a good team. I was happy from the beginning.

No, everything went well.

Find the right man for the project like I did. I hope another customer is as lucky as I am.

Web Development for E-Commerce Site

“Soshace’s transparent pricing and excellent customer service set them apart from the competition.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Soshace supported staff augmentation to recruit a development resource. They sat in on interviews and interfaced about each candidate. Post-hiring, they facilitate payment and provide continued support.

Redondo Beach, California
David Itkin
CEO, Modnique

Despite niche requirements and a competitive hiring landscape, Soshace rapidly sourced, assessed, and helped onboard the ideal resource. They secured a talented senior developer with comprehensive technical skills. Attentive staff and industry insight add value to their services.

I’m the CEO of a flash sale site called Modnique. We sell clothing, jewelry, accessories, and handbags online.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

Our need was fairly unique and situational. I had known our previous developer personally for about 12 years. He became so overloaded with work that he had to simply leave one day while we were still in the startup phases of product development.

Since he was the only person familiar with our code, I urgently started reaching out to different companies.

Soshace has worked with me every step of the way. At the start of our project, I created a rough outline that described our needs. Based on our requirements, our account representative found three people who were perfect for the position within a few days. She sat in the interviews for each candidate and touched base afterward to ask how I felt they had gone.

The first two candidates weren’t interested in working with our code because it is relatively old, but one developer was both willing and had the rare experience with that exact technology. He is a senior professional developer who works remotely for us full time. For his compensation, I pay Soshace directly.

The scope of his capabilities is extremely large. His expertise includes Java, Oracle, Apache, Apache Tomcat, and jQuery. Rather than being limited to a specific project, we can assign him any task that relates to coding.

The developer has integrated a new payment gateway into our site and has identified and fixed numerous bugs. By tweaking the code independently, he finds new ways to improve features like our search and item filters.

Right now, he’s designing a mega menu. When users hover their mouse over a category on our site like "men," a dropdown menu displays the different clothing and jewelry options we offer for men.  Clicking through takes users to a pre-filtered page of products.

Even after Soshace connected us with the right resource, they continued to make sure everything goes smoothly. Our account representative has listened to all the needs I've had so far. She continues to contact me to check in.

Alina (Head of Sales and Business Development, Soshace) has worked with us from the beginning as our exclusive point of contact. Their staff augmentation services yielded one developer.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

I was referred to Soshace by a family friend. Since I'm not a developer, I didn't have a formal resume. Instead, I described the basics of what we needed for this project.

I've spent about $6,000 on their services. They offered an amazing two-week trial period for a small deposit of only $1,000. Had I been dissatisfied, I wouldn't have been liable for the entire cost, and Soshace would have found an alternative resource. This option would be especially useful for positions like graphic designers.

We've been working with Soshace since February 2019.

In the current market, it's very difficult to find a developer that fits specific business needs. Even though we needed non-standard resources, Soshace sourced the right type of resource extremely quickly.

The developer they found works quite efficiently. In the month and a half he’s worked for us, I’ve only seen good things so far. He had a minimal learning curve and has produced very high-quality work.

Soshace made the entire process very clear, simple, and easy. They supported me every step of the way.  Many companies will harass clients to make faster decisions, but I never felt pressed on time at all. I was pleasantly surprised.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

Unlike the tendency in the industry to over-promise and under-deliver, Soshace stuck to their promises. We set up very tight deadlines, and they promptly provided a valuable development resource who always delivers either on or before the deadline.

Our company's CTO communicates with the developer directly. They have daily check-ins via Skype, which they also use for ad hoc discussions and to contact the other developers and designers on the team.

Soshace’s transparent pricing and excellent customer service set them apart from the competition. Their slogan seems to be "the client is always right." It can be challenging to help someone like me who lacks development knowledge find the perfect programmer. Based on their high-level technical knowledge, they connected us with the right resource.

No, there are none.

I advise being upfront and transparent about the budget and requirements you feel comfortable with. If you don't have the required technical expertise, have someone like your CTO write these documents.

Express what you're willing to spend on a developer per month and provide a simple outline of the development work you need. I'm sure they have other account managers, but I highly recommend Alina. She was excellent.

They under-promised and over-delivered.
    Their prices are at the market average, but they found a resource within our budget who was willing to work the hours we needed.
    The developer they sourced has promptly fulfilled all our requests at a high level of quality.
    Using Upwork to find freelancers involves a fee that doesn't ensure the convenience or overall efficiency Soshace provided.

Development Augmentation for Agriculture SaaS Platform

"It feels natural working with Soshace."

June 2018 - Ongoing

Soshace provides additional development support for an agriculture appraisal platform. Their team uses the Express Node.js framework, React Native, and PostgreSQL for the SaaS platform.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Project Manager, SaaS Company

Soshace’s team are a fantastic resource. They are highly skilled developers and communicators. Their excitement for and dedication to the project is impressive. Customers can expect a collaborative and responsive development team.

I’m a project manager at a company that is developing a SaaS product that will help agriculture appraisers streamline their work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We were looking for development support for the agricultural platform.

We had two local developers initially and reached out to Soshace for extra help. The software platform assists property appraisers. It generates reports that detail what agricultural properties, like farmland, orchards, and groves, are worth. The application sorts math calculations and other statistics into the process and uses comparable listings to estimate the value of properties. Users can make adjustments according to differing variables.

Their team embedded tools we built, similar to Google Docs, within the software. The tools allow data to be sent automatically to the report and will enable users to create tools and implement content.

We are working with two developers right now and will onboard a third shortly. Our developers have taken consultant roles, while their team has taken the lead.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

We put an ad on Upwork and had two rounds of interviews. The process took about a month. We were happy with what Soshace wanted to accomplish. We weren’t looking for developers who code well; we wanted developers that could take on complex problems and also explain complexities. We chose their team because of their experience and how they did on the test projects we assigned.

We’ve invested around $50,000 so far.

We started working with Soshace in June 2018, and the project is ongoing.

The project is ongoing, but Soshace is a supportive resource for our team, leading to a faster development process. Our developers are happy with the code. With startups, sometimes there’s crunch time, and things change constantly, and Soshace takes everything in stride.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

We didn’t use their project management services, but they are available to our team. Soshace is responsive and performing well. Their account managers continually seek feedback, and I’m impressed with that. Their team is enjoyable and accommodating.

We meet twice a week to discuss the scope and other tasks. We use Slack for regular communication and have a Trello board for the developers. Our team tries not to interfere and let them manage everything.

The process has been extremely collaborative. Soshace has taken on the project as their own and contributed accordingly. Their thoughts regarding the project make their team part of our own. It feels natural working with Soshace.

We’ve come to expect skilled coding and enthusiasm. We’re onboarding new developers from their team. For someone to come in the middle of a complex project, it’s not easy, but their team has been helpful in explaining the process to new members.

I’m pleased with how their developers are doing. Nothing comes to mind.

For people looking to work with Soshace, it helps to be communicative. Understanding the scope is one thing, but understanding the intent behind it, is another. Soshace explains ideas that can save time. Their team contributes in more ways than code.

Frontend Development for Full-Service Dev Shop

“The engineer assigned to our project is the best one I’ve ever met.”

2017 - Ongoing

Soshace aggregated legacy code from a software tool, translated it into React, then built out a high-functioning frontend. They developed a messaging system, and they’re currently working on the shopping bag update.

Ukraine/Iceland
Alexander Kozarezov
Project Manager, Dev Shop

So far, Soshace has delivered highly satisfying work, setting the foundation for a rewarding final product. They are very efficient in an agile environment. The team comes prepared to daily meetings and communicates consistently. Overall, it’s been a seamless collaboration.

I’m the project manager at a web development company. We build mobile apps and other software solutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We needed development assistance.

Soshace worked on the frontend for one of our products, aggregating then translating the legacy code into React. They built a high-functioning platform with new features like an integrated messaging system. Currently, they’re working on upgrading the software’s shipping deck and several other functionalities.

They assigned one developer to our project.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

We asked about 20 companies to complete a simple task, and Soshace performed the best.

We started working together in 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

We’re very satisfied with their work. So far all the code that was delivered with the highest quality level and cooperation is very promising.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

We work in an agile environment, with scheduled daily meetings. For additional communication, we use Slack, Jira, and Asana.

The engineer assigned to our project is the best one I’ve ever met. The work consistently exceeds my expectations. They require minimal supervision, working largely autonomously.

No, it’s been a good experience.

We’ve worked with several development companies with more resources, and Soshace is outperforming all of them. They’re communicative, hard-working, and committed to delivering what they promise.

Outsource Dev for Augmented Intelligence Assistant Platform

“I communicate minimally and get a good outcome from them.”

n/a

May 2017 - Ongoing

Soshace provided frontend development to improve user experience. A number of technologies have been used for the application, including HTML, CSS, React, and D3.

Berlin, Germany
Subroto Sanyal
Head of Engineering, SalesHero

Soshace provides a straightforward experience wherein minimal communication results in high-quality outputs and reliable code. They consistently meet or exceed deadlines.

I’m head of engineering for SalesHero. Our technology automates tasks for sales representatives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We’re trying to make the life of a sales representative easier. They spend a lot of time on Salesforce and their email—and synchronizing between the two. We automate that synchronization to save them time.

Our platform has a minimal frontend. Most everything—the automation, the artificial intelligence—runs in the background. We needed to develop the frontend for a smooth user experience. We didn’t have any frontend expertise in-house.

Soshace built the frontend of our application with a straightforward UI. The developers use a number of technologies including HTML, CSS, React, D3.

The frontend shows all the activities the sales representative has to do and generates a task list. This list requires a lot of logic embedded in a complex tree structure from which the sales representative will get suggestions of what needs updated based on their accounts. This task list – which they were able to build in 3 days whereas we had estimated 3 weeks – is currently in production.

We interact with two frontend engineers and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

We posted an ad on Upwork. We found one of the developers through the site and contacted him. At that point, the project manager reached out to us and we started the interview process. I interviewed them as did my boss, our CEO. The devs’ technical knowledge was sound and right for our project. We decided we could work smoothly with them.

Approximately $60,000.

It’s ongoing from May 2017.

The quality of the code we get from them is very good and there are few bugs in it. Once something is declared in production, it’s pretty solid. The code is reliable, high quality and maintainable.

They are consistent in their approach. I don’t have to explain a lot to get a feature done from them. With minimum interaction, we get a good amount of output. We hadn’t previously had a good experience with contract developers. We’re lucky to have very good developers this time.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

They meet their timelines. I gave you the example before of how they finished something in 3-4 days that we estimated at 3 weeks.

We interact primarily with the developers. I hardly speak to their manager because it’s not needed. Sometimes he asks me for feedback about how they’re doing or if there’s anything he can help us with.

We follow a scrum approach and have daily standups. Those meetings are the communication platform during which we allow every developer to talk about what they’ve done, what they're doing and what they're blocked on. Our Soshace developers also join those meetings. If they have any doubts or need clarification, they reach out to me via Skype or Slack. We also have a sprint planning engine.

In my previous experience working with developers, I had to explain a lot and I still received bad quality code. With Soshace, that’s not the case. I communicate minimally and get a good outcome from them.

Constant communication with the frontend developers is really going to help.

Overall Score Smooth communication. Good quality.
    They consistently meet or exceed project deadlines.
  • N/A Cost
    I'm not the person to rate this area.
    It's very difficult to find bugs in their code.

Staff Augmentation for Online Marketplace

“We are completely happy with his work.”

n/a

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Soshace provided a developer to increase the number of staff. He works on PHP and JavaScript as a full-stack web developer. The relationship is ongoing.

Russia
Project Architect, Online Marketplace

Delivering high-quality work with minimal bugs, the developer is a strong asset. His strong capabilities in web development, expertise, and efficiency make him a desirable candidate for a long-term relationship.

We have an online marketplace. I’m managing a team of software developers that is responsible for building the UI of our web service.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We are always looking for new candidates. We have a big team of software engineers, and we are constantly hiring. We exhausted all our usual hiring channels, and we are looking for some alternatives. We approached Soshace and another agency to hire additional permanent workforce members.

They’re willing to offer us a developer that can work with our team and be a part of our team. The developer was originally a member of Soshace, but now he is working with us. We have an agreement that if he works for us for a prolonged period of time and everything goes well, we will take this developer from Soshace and he will become a part of our team.

He is proficient with both PHP and JavaScript and all the things you need to know to perform efficiently as a full-stack web developer. This includes JavaScript frameworks, deployment, Jenkins, and whatever else. He has many years of experience, and he’s very efficient in the tasks that we want him to do.

He has done some new features from scratch from backend to frontend to user interaction. He’s compliant with our company practices and requirements that he needs to finish his features.

I have worked only with the developer that we are using from Soshace. We are considering that maybe we will hire more developers from Soshace for other teams.

Infrequently, I interact with a person named Ivan Rastvorov who is project manager for our communication with the developer.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

They applied to our job listing on Upwork. They responded as an agency offering one of their developers to take up the task.

We started working with them in March 2017. The developer is still part of our team. We hope he will work with us for years to come.

We are completely happy with his work. In comparison to most of the developers I have come across, his quality is good. His work is not completely bug-free, but bugs have never made it to production; they were all resolved before that.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

They are completely absent in this interaction because they gave us a developer and we integrated that developer into our team. He works remotely, and we communicate through Upwork.

His dedication and his talents in delivering everything on time are impressive.

I think he could benefit greatly if he voiced his opinions more. Sometimes he doesn’t speak up about problems or opportunities for improvements that he sees. If he would be more vocal, it would be better.

Overall Score He’s very good, but he could be more vocal.
    There were some hiccups in the process, but the developer was consistent in keeping contact.
  • N/A Cost
    He is a very good developer. I have very little concern about the quality of his work.
    It’s hard to find a good developer. Soshace has some good developers.

Software Dev Assistance for Digital Oilfield Software Platform

"The code is reliable and functional. All of the requirements in the defined scope were fulfilled."

June 2017 - Ongoing

Soshace provided human resources to help develop software more quickly. They assisted with frontend and backend development, ADI, database, and with the interface for an app.

Norway
CTO, Software Platform

The developer produces beyond expectations, providing a broad range of skills and talent. Highly engaged and driven, he helps make the team more prolific. Fulfilling all requirements detailed in the scope and working toward further professional development, Soshace delivers an excellent partnership.

We’re a software company creating software for offshore oil and gas well planning. It’s software dominated by a graphical workflow, digitizing a manual process. I’m the CTO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We needed more resources in order to develop faster. We needed more manpower.

It’s not one complex problem or something that we’re not able to do ourselves. They’re helping us with frontend and backend development using React, React-D3, Node.js, and Mongoose. They provided us with additional manpower for ADI and the database.

They are also helping us with the interface for our geological app. We’re trying to illustrate using charts that geological data and different types of data will pass, etc. It’s touching on all aspects of the frontend and parts of the backend. At least half of the app is in a separate module. The server is the API, whatever is interacting with the database and whatever is exposing endpoints for the frontend. It’s API default, creating, rating, updating, deleting, and logic.

I interact with 1 great developer who works remotely in Russia.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

We posted on LinkedIn that we needed a developer. Initially, our thought was to hire locally. They approached us, and we decided to work with them. We worked with them through Upwork.

We have invested $10,000–$49,999.

We started working together in June 2017, and the work is ongoing.

The developer we’re working with is very good. He’s producing more than he’s paid to do. He’s made us more productive. The code is reliable and functional. All of the requirements in the defined scope were fulfilled.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

I work closely with the consultant. We have meetings every day and talk frequently. We’ve had a good collaboration. They send me an email once in a while with administrative questions, but 99.9% of my communication with the company is through the daily workflow with the consultant. We communicate through Slack and Jira.

The developer is doing more than he’s paid to do. He’s very interested in what he’s doing and is motivated. He’s keeping himself updated on new technologies and trends, which is very important for us being in this industry.

No. The developer has been 100%.

Overall Score We were assigned a consultant and our communication is through him, which is fine. I don’t want to spend time dealing with administrative details.
    We don’t have any rigid deadlines other than continuous development. It’s met our needs.
    The developer is very good.
    The developer that we have is very motivated. We’re really happy.
    The developer we’re working with is unique. It’s very dependent on who you get as a developer. We were lucky. He’s young, motivated, and engaged.

Software Dev for Technical Support Company

"If they say they’re going to do something, they do it."

July 2017 - Ongoing

Soshace provided ReactJS Core development expertise to add more features and extend functionalities to an existing dashboard product. The team also improved the product’s security authentication.

San Jose, California
Krishna Raja
Founder & CEO, SupportLogic

Soshace was professional and reliable, operating as an extended employee rather than a contractor. The team successfully translated complex ideas and accurately improvised as needed when specifications were incomplete. They also communicated well and regularly despite a language barrier.

I’m the founder of Support Logic. We’re a small startup company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Soshace?

We needed somebody proficient in ReactJS Core development. With the budget we had, it was difficult to find a partner in the U.S.

We had an existing dashboard product and we wanted to add more features to it. Soshace understood the existing source code and the extended functionalities and features that we wanted. We had to build a middle layer for our product. Soshace build and extend the function into the middle of that layer. They also tightened up security authentication of our product.

We don’t really have a fast approach for our product development. We do a Kanban style of developing. We would write stories for them and then we have a task load and prioritize the stories in order. They pick them up and start executing from all the story list. The features were given on a day to day basis.

We hired one developer to start with and then we hired one more developer for three months. At this point, we are back to one.

How did you come to work with Soshace?

I put a job posting on Upwork and I got responses from multiple companies. I selected Soshace because the sample work they listed out looked good. The skill set I was looking for was a good match. I interviewed them and gave them markups of what I already had. I showed them the demo of my product and asked them about more technical questions and how they can implement it. I got satisfactory answers and went with them.

One of the key elements we were looking for is being able to communicate complex ideas to our vendors. We want to make sure they understand them, implement them correctly, and then use their judgment when the specs are not complete. We’re looking for somebody who can work the task like an extended employee and not as a contractor who is looking for a tight spec, and also can improvise when the specs are incomplete. That was a very good match with them.

We have invested $50,000.

We started working together in July 2017 and the work is ongoing.

I’ve worked with contractors in the past and professionalism was lacking especially in the Russian region. They were very reliable for us. If they say they’re going to do something, they do it. If I missed anything, they almost always did it.

How did Soshace perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was done by us. We had a task board where we would write things and they would follow them. Even though there’s a language barrier, it was easy to communicate with them about the technical specs. If I had detailed marks in the specs, he would understand it and we would regularly communicate. If something was missing, he would ask the right questions. Sometimes he would make the improvisation by himself and let us know that we didn’t provide him with the details and would show us what he came up with. Most of the time, he got it right. We were very happy with them because it made us feel like he’s an extended employee and not a contractor.

They’re extremely professional. If I set a meeting, they are very punctual. Communication was extremely clear.

My impression of this company is mostly based on one employee of their organization. I don’t know how the overall team performs. I hired one other person from them temporarily and he was good but not as good as our main person.

They’ve been really good.