Your virtual marketing & design department

Shanty Town Design is a 100% remote team of designers and creatives serving as your virtual marketing department. Based out of Denver, Colorado, we love community and the idea of helping others succeed.

Aside from offering a desirable product or service, the most important part of growing your business is marketing & creating a solid, recognizable brand.

What could you get done for your business if you didn’t have to worry about marketing? Eliminate designing, constant blogging, website updates, boosting, generating content, taking photos and videos, trying to understand ‘algorithms’ from your task list. We gotchu.

Denver, CO

Vehicle Wrap

Logo, Branding, and Creative Assets

Evermore Coffee Roasters

Branding Package for Honey Farm

"Shanty Town Design has great vision—they always know what’s trendy and have an artistic eye."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Shanty Town Design provides branding support for a honey farm. They’ve created the logo, packaging, building decor, and other key elements for the business’ full branding package.

Plains, Pennsylvania
Hannah Burgess
Owner, The Beekeeper's Daughter

All of the designs have fulfilled expectations and help unify the business’ marketing and branding products. Customers comment on the attractive design of all the materials. The Shanty Town Design is a reliable partner, willing to juggle multiple tasks and take on a range of projects.

I’m the owner of a company called The Beekeeper’s Daughter. We sell a variety of products, including raw and filtered honey, candles, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shanty Town Design?

I reached out to Shanty Town Design to help us update our look. A friend of mine had been doing our graphic design, but we really wanted to unify our design across all of our products.

Shanty Town Design redesigned and created the packaging for a lot of our products, doing a whole branding package for us. Using my vision, Samantha (Founder & Creative Director, Shanty Town Design) enhanced our original designs and developed new ones.

Across several of our items, including our “bee van”, honey-themed products, our storefront and bottling facility decals, they handled the logo creation and overall look. Samantha also designed our billboards, social media images, and labels, amongst other things. They handle smaller scale tasks too, like small advertisements for local use and sponsoring tools.

Samantha is my main point of contact, but I know she has a team working on the project with her.

How did you come to work with Shanty Town Design?

I saw Shanty Town Design’s work online and felt it resembled our style. I reached out and Samantha was very kind; I could tell she understood my vision.

It’s hard to estimate how much we’ve spent, since a lot of projects over the years have been nickel-and-dime tasks. I’d guess we’ve spent around $5,000 or more.

We began working together during the summer of 2016 and it’s very much an ongoing engagement.

The design of everything Shanty Town Design has produced completely fulfills our expectations. People have come up to us and complimented our branding and marketing. Samantha has done a great job of unifying our products and putting everything together in a cohesive way. The social media ads and other creative work have been very impressive.

How did Shanty Town Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a really great job and are very professional. Samantha always gets back to us in a timely manner. Although some of the work can take a little longer to get from the graphic designers, I always know she’s working on our project and doing a good job.

Shanty Town Design has great vision—they always know what’s trendy and have an artistic eye. Compared to the last company we worked with, they really know what looks good and are up to date on the industry.

I can’t think of anything for them to improve—I don’t have any complaints.

Just be very clear about what you want. Sometimes I have a vision in my mind about what I want, yet if I don’t explain it well, their team can’t produce exactly what I need. The more descriptive you are about what you want, the more you’ll limit the amount of back and forth that has to happen. They’re great, but no one is a mind-reader so it’s up to you to communicate.

Web Dev/Print Marketing for Pet Service Provider

“...the site is easy to use, clean, and very professional.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Shanty Town Design designed and developed a WordPress website from scratch and continues to design marketing collateral as needed, including intake sheets, flyers, and posters.

Freelancer

Westminster, Colorado
Bree Luton
Owner, Nailed it Denver

Shanty Town Design designed a very professional, user-friendly website that continues to attract potential customers and receive positive feedback. They've also streamlined appointment setting processes, saving a tremendous amount of time. Their responsiveness to client needs sets them apart.

I'm the owner of Nailed it Denver, a specialty nail trim service for cats, dogs, and select small animals.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shanty Town Design?

I initially reached out to Shanty Town Design to design and develop my website, along with some other branding and marketing collateral.

Shanty Town Design designed and developed a website from scratch on WordPress, customizing one of the themes I selected. They made the two different types of services we offer (in-home versus events) very clear on the site.

We provided a logo, but they designed other materials including posters, flyers, and printed reminders for our less tech-savvy customers. They also designed commission sheets, personalized cards we send out to clients when a pet passes away, and intake forms for appointments.

I mainly just work with Samantha (Founder and Creative Director, Shanty Town Design).

How did you come to work with Shanty Town Design?

I met Sam through a small business networking group in Denver. After she made an appointment to sit down with me, we hit it off right away so I decided to give them a try.

We've invested under $5,000 thus far.

We've been working together since February 2018.

Shanty Town Design developed our online presence from the ground up. Our page has had over 1,300 page views thus far. I get a tremendous amount of positive feedback, including that the site is easy to use, clean, and very professional. Meanwhile, the intake forms they've designed have streamlined appointment setting, saving me hours of time on the phone each week.

How did Shanty Town Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They're great to work with overall. I don't have to micromanage any aspects of their work–they're on top of it. We primarily communicate through Facebook messenger, but I email or call Sam for more urgent requests.

They provide personalized customer service. Sam is also very receptive to client feedback and doesn't try to push her own branding ideas too much.

Not really. As their company grows, I imagine they'll need a bigger team to take on more projects.

Be very clear about project goals and objectives, so they have a good starting point.