SEO - Agency of the Year Finalist - Landy Awards

SEO Inc is the SEO Agency of the Year finalist voted by Search Engine Land and a multi award winning innovative Internet Marketing company located in San Diego CA.  SEO Inc has more than 20 years of SEO / PPC specific experience in the digital marketing field. We believe in developing digital marketing campaigns that are built on a foundation of SEO Inc's proven methodology that get our clients results.

Our seo services fills in every piece of the ever changing and complex SEO puzzle, get SEO Optimization that gains marketing traction quickly and establishes your brand in your industry. Our SEO company can get your campaign off the ground, with a long-term proven custom SEO strategy.

At SEO Inc, we are relentless and fanatical about getting our clients results.

1997

Lifesource Water
Bike Bandit
Mulloys Fine Jewelry

Site Redevelopments & SEO for Virtual Office Network

“SEO Inc. constantly helps us improve our rankings and customer outreach.”

2001 - Ongoing

SEO Inc. has managed numerous websites for nearly two decades. They updated code to improve search engine functionality and currently do PPC and SEO work. They train digital teams in these areas, too.

Newport Beach, California
Frank Cottle
Chairman, Alliance Virtual Offices

SEO Inc. is an incredibly successful and effective digital agency. Their work is high-quality and cutting edge, making them experts in the field. The partnership has lasted so long because they offer great value and accomplish exactly what’s asked.

I’m the chairman of Alliance Virtual Offices, a company that develops and manages business and coworking centers around the world. We have about 720 locations operating in 54 countries.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEO Inc.?

We’ve been a digitally-driven company since the internet began. We needed a partner that would be able to grow our business online.

For their largest project, SEO Inc. looked at our code and rewrote it to make our search engine faster and more user-friendly. Now, as someone types, our engine can reconfigure to present suggested words in real time.

Today, they help with new algorithmic changes on Google and PPC campaign work. We have both an in-house and external digital agency, and SEO Inc. coaches them in those areas. We manage about 20 different sites, and SEO Inc. has worked on both internal operations and marketing sites.

We typically deal directly with the company’s principals.

How did you come to work with SEO Inc.?

We had a series of unsuccessful digital agency partners until we found SEO Inc.

We spend around $10,000–$20,000 a month.

We’ve been working with them since 2001.

We’ve been a leading company on Google since we first started. SEO Inc. constantly helps us improve our rankings and customer outreach. They quickly pick up new keywords and expand our presence in geographical marketplaces. At one point, we tried to do the work by ourselves, but SEO is much better at it.

How did SEO Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re proactive and always willing to take on new assignments. They’re responsive and use a project management tool to track progress.

They’re SEO experts who are easy to work with and get things done. They understand the nuances of SEO and SEM and haven’t ever lost their edge.

No, they treat their clients well and do good work.

Give them good direction and set expectations. Make sure your internal team coordinates with them to maximize the partnership.

Overall Score They're excellent. They go out of their way to build a good partnership.
    We’ve had no problems.
    They've been an excellent value.
    We have high standards, and they meet our demands.
    I'd wholeheartedly recommend them.

Abandoned SEO & Social Media Marketing Engagement

"I wouldn’t recommend them for anything."

Nov. 2017 - Feb. 2017

SEO Inc. did site optimization and keyword marketing to increase web traffic. The project also required blog content creation, backlinking, social media management, and web development.

Greenville, South Carolina
Lee Rummage
Partner, Genesis Turf

Only a few of the intended pages were optimized, while link and content goals were not achieved. Most blog posts were not acceptable quality for publication and required third-party intervention. Project management turnover did not resolve these issues, which resulted in a terminated relationship.

I’m a partner at a landscaping company. We do artificial turf for collegiate sports fields, commercial residential playgrounds, and other areas.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEO Inc.?

We wanted a full-site optimization and keyword marketing to increase traffic. We also needed content creation and social media management.

We hired them to do a page-by-page optimization. The written scope called for about five fully-optimized pages each month. SEO Inc. also needed to write and distribute blog posts among other various content as part of a linking program, which included related third-party web posts. The scope further included social media management and development for about five new webpages.

We usually had one primary point of contact throughout the project. The owner was our first primary contact, but he delegated that role to his son, a senior SEO analyst, in the project’s first month. The senior SEO analyst may have had another resource directly assisting him.

How did you come to work with SEO Inc.?

We considered about five top-tier SEO agencies. SEO Inc. had high rankings on Clutch and met the variety of factors we considered. They had won several industry awards and previously partnered with other turf manufacturing companies. We met part of the team at their offices to evaluate them in person; they made a great first impression.

We spent about $30,000.

We started working with SEO Inc. in November 2017, but later fired them in February 2018.

How did the relationship with SEO Inc. evolve?

They apologized for early missteps in the first month, but the problems only compounded in the second month. The senior SEO analyst’s first deliverables only included a handful of optimized – supposedly – webpages. SEO Inc. never requested social media access in the first two months, which we offered for them to execute the scope’s management requirements. In addition, they didn’t produce the requested blog posts or articles.

Despite these omissions, we continued to pay SEO Inc. We received another batch of pages, but still no content and no backlinking. I then called the owner’s cell, who was reluctant to address my immediate concerns. When we spoke later that day, the owner assured me he would oversee blog posts and get the project back on track. He was very persuasive and we wanted to believe they would follow best practices going forward. Despite our misgivings, we wrote a check for month three.

What problem arose and how did they attempt to resolve them?

We received about four blog posts to approve during the first month. However, they were unreadable and lacked coherent sentences; I suspected a non-native English speaker authored them. I contacted the owner and he agreed the quality was unacceptable. We then received one blog post that was marginally acceptable. I was hesitant, but approved it because we urgently needed content.

During this time, the senior SEO analyst didn’t achieve links, added pages, or reoptimized pages. As a result, the owner delegated our project to another team member. That team member apologized and promised to redo everything. However, she didn’t follow through on those promises. At that point, I requested a refund from the owner. He used the poorly constructed blog posts to refuse the refund, claiming they had delivered all work prompts. SEO Inc. did do social media management near the end, but missed nearly four months’ worth of work. In all, they didn’t generate any new links or added pages.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

We were at fault for not scrutinizing the written contract’s fine print. We overlooked the numerous “outs” SEO Inc. put in place because we only focused on the outlined scope. Consequently, we were out $30,000 and fell behind the competition.

I revisited the quotes and projected ROIs the other five companies provided during our search. Based on their estimates for traffic and overall performance, we fell considerably short. I then hired a freelancer to supplement the work SEO Inc. wasn’t completing. He wrote six blog posts that we published and linked. He also did social media management and Google AdWords. Near the end of the project, the SEO Inc. owner pulled a Google Analytics report and tried to claim credit for all results, including the freelancer’s achievements. However, were able to tie the freelancer’s efforts to the improved traffic results. Due to their poor performance, we entered our business’s biggest season in a worse position than we should have been.

How was project management handled?

We used email and GoToMeeting.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

I wouldn’t recommend them for anything.

0.5
    They didn't adhere to any project deadlines.

Search Engine Optimization for Manufacturer

"I think they’re great at what they do."

2013 - Ongoing

SEO Inc provides ongoing search engine optimization, pay-per-click services, and reputation management to generate leads and strengthen a manufacturing/suppling firm’s online presence.

San Diego Metro Area
Founder, Manufacturer/Supplier

Thanks to SEO Inc’s ability to adapt quickly to changing search engines, the optimized website now converts 5% of traffic. The team’s industry understanding, accurate cost proposals, and collaborative workflow continue to grow sales.

Describe your company and what you do there.

We're a nationwide manufacturer and wholesale supplier. I’m the president/managing member.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEO Inc?

Our products are a complex sale, so a product specialist needs to work with individuals on a project basis. Our lead generation would then be an inbound lead, so our sales are doing all outbound sales. Lead generation is our primary focus, and online presence is the secondary focus, followed by relationship management (e.g. online reviews, etc.).

We've been doing business for quite some time now. They handle a lot of different varieties of projects for me, whether Gary [CEO of SEO Inc] or I have an idea of a new way to start doing some SEO techniques. We also did organic SEO, pay-per-click, and reputation management with the reviews, along with social media. The design, build, and architecture of our website is part of my brainchild, and we handle that internally.

How did you come to work with SEO Inc?

I've known Gary for 15 years. It started when I was interested in the industry as a whole, and his agency was one of the top companies. I've been aware of Gary for a long time and became friends with him.

How much have you invested with SEO Inc?

I've paid Gary anything from upwards of $5,000–$6,000 to under a month, depending on what we’re doing and the time in which we're doing it. We have a paid budget that is larger than that. We're spending quite a bit of money on a monthly basis for advertising online.

They have been working with our company for the past 4 or 5 years [starting in 2012 or 2013]. We still work with them.

We’ve had tremendous results from our overall online presence to rankings, especially in trying to deal with the way search engines are changing and the way information is displayed on page 1 on various SERPS [search engine result pages] these days. We've always had what I would call a fluid strategy in order to maintain that online presence, as well as keeping strong keyword rankings and overall sessions and engagement as priorities—not to mention our primary focus, conversions.

Our website typically converts about 5%. According to the laws of mass marketing, you’re always striving to get 2%–3%, so I would say that our website is converting nicely.

How did SEO Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

As far as the team goes, they're able to immerse themselves quickly into the company's product or service in order to deliver the best results. I know that a lot of people who seek out SEO services aren't very knowledgeable in what it is. SEO Inc does a good job of helping people step-by-step through that process versus clients like myself who read SEO blogs on a daily basis.

I know what SEO is, and I help create products and strategies with his management team and with Gary on his own. Hopefully, I also trigger some of his brain because he is really the genius behind a lot of the different types of strategies. SEO Inc is able to work in a lot of different capacities, whether it's collaborative or them telling you how to do it.

What did you find most impressive about SEO Inc?

I think they’re great at what they do. In their industry specifically, it's always fluid and constantly changing. Google specifically is making it more challenging for agencies to do well in organic searches. You're always having to change. You're always having to focus and refocus on ideas for local to national types of online strategies, and I think they do that well.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with SEO Inc?

The responsibility falls on the client. You really need to understand their business and your customer and be able to educate Gary's staff so they can bring in the right client. If you're not sure who your client or customer is or how they're interested in your product or service, then you're going to attack the wrong market segment and miss the boat.

Overall Score I’ll continue doing business with them.
    Our deliverables are always delivered.
    They never vary from their proposal. If that's what we agreed on, that's what's done.
    I always double-check the work, and rarely do I find any issues or errors with their product.
    I always recommend them.

Search Engine Optimization for Dentist

"The main things are the results. They've actually improved things, which didn't happen with other companies."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

A dental practice partnered with SEO Inc. to improve their site's search engine results after seeing little success from previous providers. Together, they researched keywords for a local target market.

San Diego, California
Dentist, James Snow DDS

Rankings have improved. Certain keywords that were previously on the tenth page are now on the first. The price of their services is not insignificant, but SEO Inc. has done a great job of being available, keeping up a weekly correspondence, and providing reports on their work.

I’m a dentist and the owner of a dental office.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEO Inc.?

I needed to establish an online presence for my dental practice. We have a good reputation, but we weren’t coming up high on searches. I had already worked with other SEO [search engine optimization] companies, but I wasn’t seeing results.

I meet with them weekly, and we go over pages and keywords. I come up with a topic, they write a draft, and then we edit it together. My target market is the local San Diego area.

How did you come to work with SEO Inc.?

We had gone through a series of SEO providers in the past without much success. The owner of SEO Inc., Gary, is one of my patients. I started talking to him about my frustrations with the prior providers, and he showed me what he has done. It looked good, so I decided to hire his company.

How much have you invested with SEO Inc.?

We pay about $4,000 a month.

We started working together in October of 2015, and the collaboration is ongoing.

We do see higher rankings. We used to be on page ten on some things. Now we’re on page one for certain keywords.

How did SEO Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

We try to meet every week, and when we don’t, it’s mostly my fault. They go over the reports and show me where things have gone up or down. They’re available whenever I have a question.

What did you find most impressive about SEO Inc.?

The main thing is the results. They’ve actually improved things, which didn’t happen with the other companies. Also, the weekly correspondence is nice.

Are there any areas SEO Inc. could improve?

I wish they didn’t charge so much. All SEO companies want a contract upfront before they prove they can get results. I’d like it if they could guarantee the results and then get rewarded for it.

Overall Score They’re really good.
    When you’re paying $4,000 a month, you like to get some type of return on investment. In our case, that would be more patients coming in. We’ve noticed an increase there, but it’s hard to know whether that’s tied to the SEO work.
    Compared to other people I’ve worked with, they’re a five.
    I already have.

SEO for Dental Practice

"It's been easy to communicate with them and we've grown in our relationship professionally."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Having received poor results with a previous provider, a dentist worked with SEO Inc. to improve their organic site traffic. They researched the keywords together for a local target market.

Sarasota, Florida
Founder, Dentistry Office

The click to call has increased by four or five times, and natural traffic has quadrupled. SEO Inc. followed through with their promises and delivered strong results. Their high sense of professionalism is particularly noteworthy.

I’m the founder of a dentist office that provides general, cosmetic, and implant dentistry.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEO Inc.?

I needed to increase my web page load times as well as improve my natural search appearance. I had worked with other firms in the past, but not specifically for search engine optimization. The company that built my website was supposed to be doing my SEO. After two or three months, I thought something wasn’t right, so I called SEO Inc.

They came in and cleaned up what the other company had done in link building that was not good Google standard practice. We worked together to come up with the most useful keywords. Our target market is mostly local, but some of my pages are national. I’m not trying to go for national clientele, but I have people from all over the country that call me. They may be doing research for one of their friends or family who is in town, and they ended up choosing me.

We just recently optimized my smile page. I found a slideshow plug-in that would work, and John understood the design process and helped me redesign my photo gallery page. That wasn’t necessarily in the contract, but they were willing to help.

How did you come to work with SEO Inc.?

I went through the web and searched for an SEO expert. SEO Inc. was on the fifth page and their page attracted me. I spoke with the owner, Gary. He was down-to-earth, and I felt comfortable talking with him. We met with John, who is my main contact with them, and we talked about my site. I saw I was going to be working with someone very professional and would be able to legitimately build my website’s SEO strength. They followed through with what they said they were going to do.

How much have you invested with SEO Inc.?

I’ve spent between $10,000 and $50,000 with them over the course of our relationship.

I started working with them in May 2016, and the work is ongoing.

Before I was working with them, I used some of my own tools to keep track of analytics. My natural traffic has quadrupled in the time I’ve been working with SEO Inc. My click to call has gone up four or five times. Some of the increase could be attributed to the maturing of the new website we did last year, but I would attribute a lot of the success to the work that SEO Inc. has done.

How did SEO Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

I can call John any time and he answers. I think in the past year, I’ve only left a voice mail once. There were times I asked how they did something—because I didn’t want them to be the only ones that knew how to do it—and they showed me how to do it. We communicate by email two to three times a week.

What did you find most impressive about SEO Inc.?

They’re very professional and easy to talk to. They do good work with good results. Anytime I’ve hired other companies, they talk big but I just wanted them to prove themselves. SEO Inc. offered me a way to get out of the relationship if I wasn’t happy, but I didn’t need to take that.

Are there any areas SEO Inc. could improve?

I don’t have any complaints. With SEO, you always want to be number one, but I don’t think that’s realistic to ask for. I would say any SEO company needs to work to get their clients to the top of the page.

Overall Score It’s been easy to communicate with them and we’ve grown in our relationship professionally.
    They’ve met all the criteria. They’re on time to meetings and are available all the time. They’ve always been professional.
    They’ve got my click to call up to where I’m seeing patients on the phone that are going to be paying my bills, which end up being SEO Inc.’s bills.
    They answer the phone and do the job.
    I would definitely recommend them to a colleague.

Organic SEO for Cigar Retailer

"Instead of telling us what the rest of the world is telling us, SEO Inc. is digging out an actual clientele base."

May 2015 - Ongoing

SEO Inc. provides ongoing search engine optimization services to increase organic traffic. They are also implementing efforts to help improve new customer acquisition and customer retention.

New York City Metro Area
Director of Sales Analytics, Cigar Retailer

SEO Inc.’s continued commitment to exceeding expectations makes them a trusted and valued partner. The agency’s contributions have vastly improved search rankings. They make an effort to understand the industry, offer valuable insights, and promote transparency with monthly meetings.

We are an online cigar store.

I am the senior sales analyst for the company. I am in charge of much of the marketing and of our direct customer contact channels. I crunch numbers, figuring out where sales need to go, and where they are going. This includes analytics information and, specifically for this project, our organic SEO [search engine optimization].

What business challenge were you trying to address with SEO Inc.?

We wanted to increase our organic traffic.

SEO Inc.'s focus for us has been to increase our traffic, driving new customers to our site. We don't focus on returning customers as much, given that they already know about us, but rather try to gain as many new people as possible through SEO Inc. To specify, we strive to find worthwhile clients, not just people who will visit the site a few times and never come back. Because of the nature of our business, we don't use pay per click. SEO Inc. provides strictly organic SEO services.

How did you come to work with SEO Inc.?

We started working with SEO Inc. in early 2003, when we were a much smaller company. We've been working with them for 10 years. As the company expanded, we started getting an in-house SEO team, which we found didn't work very well for us. We then moved to another company who promised us everything we could ever want, but ended up hurting us more than they helped. We experienced a steady decline in the course of a couple of years. We eventually reconnected with SEO Inc.

The exact figure is confidential. SEO spend is a good chunk of our total marketing budget, although it isn't the largest part of it. SEO Inc. is one of the larger third-party contracts that we maintain.

In May 2015, we reconnected with SEO Inc. and continued to work with them ever since. They've done great things for us. SEO Inc. made us aware of the changes that would be made, and we saw noticeable changes in traffic within half of the six to seven months originally estimated. SEO Inc. was way ahead of the promises made to us.

We've gone through keyword lists that we've provided to SEO Inc. based on the large vendors and brands that are featured on our site. We wanted to supply a top 20 list, which turned into a top 40 and then a top 300 keyword list. SEO Inc. goes through each one, digging deep into the copy from our pages and makes the necessary changes. They also look at the code from our site and make changes there. This is done even twice a day at some points. Precise records of what SEO Inc. has sent us and what we're going to do in the future are kept.

Whenever we have a question, they take our phone calls. We've never had a problem with contacting SEO Inc. They go above and beyond and give us more than what we ask for. Many times, this may include things that are not SEO-related.

They have many developers in-house, as well as a couple of social media experts, who help us with Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, and a few other social platforms. We're getting insight into how we can turn these customers into conversions as well.

How did SEO Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

From the day of signing our contract, SEO Inc. put together a team and put us in contact with them. We had a great kickoff meeting during which we came to know everybody and saw how they worked. From there, each individual was delegated a specific task by SEO Inc. within very reasonable time.

They got in touch with us within days and implemented changes code elements, copy, and so on. We were given regular keyword updates and were kept in touch with regard to all other SEO-related items.

Once a month, we will sit down with their team, going through a large dashboard that includes all of our SEO traffic, our sessions, top visited pages, the amount of new users, revenue increases, average order values, bounce rates, and so on. They've shown us that the traffic we receive consists of real customers, not just people who disappear right away.

What distinguishes SEO Inc. from other providers?

They're not a typical robot client company. We've dealt with many vendors, and one of the things that distinguish SEO Inc. from others is the fact that they don't simply read answers out of a book. Instead of telling us what the rest of the world is telling us, SEO Inc. is digging out an actual clientele base. Before choosing SEO Inc., we interviewed a handful of other agencies, for more or less money than what we pay here. SEO Inc. stood out, and we could tell off the bat that they knew what they were doing. They had great ideas for us, learned our industry, and didn't assume that we'd be the same as any other business. We don't have the same clientele as the typical e-commerce retail company.

Is there anything SEO Inc. could have improved or done differently?

From my point of view, SEO Inc. has always been above and beyond expectations, especially compared to other past companies, who were either falling behind or weren't on the same page with us. Even though it's been a long time since then, I remember that the original relationship we've had with them was the same. The second venture we've had has definitely been more profitable, and we've grown as a company. We can now provide more in-house marketing services ourselves in terms of code changes and copy. This had a good bit to do with the good relationship we've had with SEO Inc.

We track this aspect, so the rating is definitely deserved.
    We've recommended them to a couple of companies and continue to do so as often as we can.

Search Engine Marketing for Franchise Company

"Communication is as important as commitment, and SEO Inc. does both well."

2010 - Ongoing

SEO Inc. implemented a mass email campaign to overcome an SEO penalty imposed by Google. They continue to provide SEO services for the reinstated website.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Denver Metro Area
CEO, Franchise Company

SEO Inc.'s work has led to drastically improved search engine rankings, double the amount of website traffic, and a Forbes ranking of third-best franchise in the country. The team is involved, provides easy-to-understand data for transparent benchmark tracking, and delivers detailed monthly reports.

We are a franchise company working in the service sector. We have more than 300 franchise locations throughout the country.

I am the president of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SEO Inc.?

I needed SEO [search engine optimization] services for our website.

SEO Inc. offers many services, but their focus for us is SEO. They have also helped us deal with a Google penalty resulted from one of our franchisees doing their own SEO. They attributed some bad links to our site in the process. SEO Inc. sent an email to the webmasters of each of the 30,000 websites on which we had links, asking them to take those down. They got us reinstated as a result.

How did you come to work with SEO Inc.?

I researched the top SEO companies in the United States for a long time. I flew out and met with around 10 different firms. Half of those were ranked high, but they didn't have actual offices and outsourced their resources. I didn't feel comfortable with working with such a company, despite its reputation.

The cost is confidential, but substantial.

We signed up with their company in 2010 and worked with them for two for three years. We reached the first page for many of our keywords, so we took a break and noticed a dramatic decrease in traffic. We signed up with them again, as a result. Our work is ongoing.

We have reached the first or second page of search results for more than 1,000 non-branded keywords related to our industry. Our website traffic has more than doubled in the last 12 months, so SEO, Inc. has done a fantastic job. Forbes magazine has ranked us as the third-best franchise in the country. The data provided by SEO Inc. is easy to understand and allows us to track benchmarks. Communication is as important as commitment, and SEO Inc. does both well.

How did SEO Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They always answer their phones, and we receive great reports every month from them. There hasn't been a month since starting to work with them in which our traffic hasn't increased.

What distinguishes SEO Inc. from other providers?

Their CEO [Garry Grant] is not afraid to get involved and truly cares about his clients. For example, he came to our convention this year, even though he didn't have to. They care about their clients, and the work is more than about getting a dollar.

Is there anything SEO Inc. could have improved or done differently?

There's always something to improve but, given our focus with SEO Inc., they've exceeded our expectations.

Overall Score I've worked with many vendors and, as the CEO of the company, it's my job to be tough on them and protect our brand. SEO Inc. is one of two vendors out of the multitude used by us that would receive a five out of five.