quality is a rule

QATestLab is an independent software testing provider offering a full range of software QA and testing services.

We were established in 2005 and through these years we have delivered a great number of cost-effective and high-quality products across many different industries such as e-commerce, telecommunications, tourism, government, office facilities industry, etc. We provide the niche services like Mobile application testing, Functional testing, Usability testing, User interface, Automated, Load testing, Security testing and many others.

We use such models of cooperation:

1. Fixed Price - you discuss with us the scope of the work, clarify all the details, set a fixed-price budget and agree timelines for the completion of the project. This offers you complete certainty before we start our work.
  2. Time and Materials - we charge you for the time actually spent by the project manager(s) and coders involved in the development stage.
  3. Long-term Collaboration (Testing Center) - a kind of cooperation that implies the creation of a dedicated permanent team for a long time, at least half a year which reports directly to the customer.

QATestLab overview

• Fuel
  • Wellsphere

And more!

Dreamscapes: The Sandman - Game for iOS

Dreamscapes: The Sandman - Game for iOS. The customer is the world-known developer of popular games for iPhone, iPad, PC, PSP, Mac, Android and other portable and home consoles. The developer made a request to QATestLab company for localization testing. The task of our QA specialists was to test the game in 10 languages. Our team has made the translation of documentation, elements of user interface, accessory materials from one language to another. Our test engineers have provided the correct work of the game in localization operation system. There was also conducted the adaptation to the cultural characteristics of countries where the game will be used.

Cleeng - Сontent Monetization Service

Cleeng is the service which allows digital publishers and bloggers to monetize their content. The main objective of the project was functional and cross browser testing to ensure that web application operates accurately across multiple browsers. Our mission was to assure stable cross-browser rendering and functionality on all website pages, high quality of website. The system was tested on each of the development stages. We have also developed test cases and checklist.

Exvo Desktop Cloud

Exvo Desktop Cloud is the service that allows uploading files, music, photos online and getting an immediate access to them using any device.
The principal purpose of the project was functional testing. Our testing team has tested every function separately and all functions together. We have also performed cross browser testing to ensure that web application operates accurately across multiple browsers.
The system was tested on each of the development stages. We have also developed test cases and test plan.

Brand Apparel Shop

Brand Apparel Shop is an internet store based on a Magento platform for exclusive members only shopping destination offering preferable brands at daily discounts. The principal purpose of the project was functional testing aimed to verify the compliance of developed functions with requirements and specifications, other project documents and user's anticipations. We also performed cross browser testing to ensure that web application operates accurately across multiple browsers.

Website Builder

The website builder that lets the user create websites with responsive design. It is intended for use of small business owners and managers who use websites as their main marketing tool. QATestLab specialists performed CMS and user testing on the devices and browsers specified by the customer. Particular attention is paid to design options, usability, responsive design.

FriendCaller - Facebook App for Making Calls

FriendCaller, a product of C2Call.com, is a German VoIP service that allows the user to make Internet phone calls through the computer by simply clicking on a link in a browser.
Independent QA testing of the user interface and usability of the application was carried out. Automated procedures for base functionality testing were developed and used while regression testing. All project documents and reports were sent to customer according to the procedure of process management.

Usability Testing for Mobile Accessories Provider

"They have a great personality, they're pretty much always available, and they get back to you very quickly."

QATestLab performed quality assurance test on several applications for Android and iOS devices developed by the in-house development team. They keep track for any issues in App Store, Google Play, and iTunes.

Project Lead, Mobile Accessories Firm

QATestLab provided quality and reliable testing services. The team was recommended for their meticulous approach to quality assurance and is adaptable to the required development approach.

Our company, LifeWorks, is a mobile accessories company. We design and manufacture mobile accessories, mostly protective phone cases, cables, and add-ons to smartphones and other digital devices, and we recently entered the app business. Right now, we are creating an activity-tracking product, similar to a Fitbit or a Jawbone. That's the team that I lead, and that's what QATestLab helps us with – quality assurance testing for the app.

I lead the activity tracking department.

What business challenge were you trying to address with QATestLab?

They do QA [quality assurance] testing for a number of the apps that we've built here. We've got six to eight apps across different platforms – Android and iOS. They have to test them on a daily basis, on a number of different devices every time that we have a build, and they are to log the bugs and propose fixes.

They not only do that, but they are also asked to provide all the details and steps to reproduce the bugs, as well as attach videos of them actually testing it. If the bug is reproduced, we have them capture the screen so that our developers can best see what happened. They are to do that, and they're to work within JIRA agile. They're also to work with our developers if they ever need to collaborate on help reproducing issues.

Please describe the scope of their involvement in more detail.

They have helped us in other situations. Once the app goes live, we have to do ad-hoc testing, which is different than just working on builds that have yet to go live. I also had them at times monitor the App Store for any crashes that Google Play or iTunes might pick up in their reports. I also have them monitor whether or not our customers leave troubling reviews that might have something to do with faulty development.

There are also times when something is very urgent; when we have some sort of build created for a meeting, a pitch-build, as I call it, and we need urgent testing right away. They're actually a very scalable team. If I need a tester added to the project on demand, Yuliya can scale that for me and add that to our project pretty much on-demand. They have definitely advanced from the initial scope, which was just testing. I mean they still pretty much test, but they have advanced their efforts.

We have builds every day, and they test every day. In our sprints, we have data releases, which is at the end of a sprint and I call "team-release." It goes to my team, and then we have the actual product release. Before that, we have alpha builds, and alpha builds come every single day. They are literally working and testing for us every single day.

As soon as they get notified that a build is released – it could be three hours into the workday of our dev team or it could be at the end of the day – they get started on testing. There are times in which something might be a little confusing, and a developer might be testing immediately. Yes, there are times where a developer will message one of the testers, and they'll work hand in hand, testing and providing immediate feedback as opposed to at the end of the day.

They join us in Slack and on JIRA, so they're very much integrated seamlessly in our team. There are conversations that would go on for a few hours between a developer and one of their testers, and the tester continuously helps the developer – or myself, at times – figure out the problems. There are times when it's more of a static relationship, for example, when you need something specific done and you send the request and they just send it back when it's done. There are also times when it's very dynamic and back and forth. During those times, they're really able to collaborate and determine what steps should be taken before going to doing them.

A few times, they've helped actually spot errors with our server. There were a couple of situations where we were having a problem, and they did look into the code. I don't know if they have any experts in any particular language. They don't do my code reviews or anything like that, but there were a couple of times when they were able to find out a couple of errors, punctual things like a period in the wrong spot, or a break or something like that in the code; they were able to identify it for us.

How did you come to work with QATestLab?

I found them through oDesk or Elance. My vetting process is stringent, actually. I go through numerous interviews, and I give them a test with particular things that they have to meet, so I can assess their skills. They performed well on the test, so I decided to go with them.

It was probably $10,000 to $20,000. There were times when we had about eight projects ongoing. I also had them at times work overtime, on weekends and used multiple testers at once.

The relationship is ongoing.

Could you share any statistics, benchmarks or user feedback from this engagement?

The way they do it is they'll have each person test it. Let's say they need two testers per build. Each tester will typically spend at least three or four hours, sometimes going up to eight. They definitely spend a lot of hours. I also have them be very specific in the way they log their work, like having to capture video. They could spend eight hours and discover 12 bugs, but they'll also test and resolve a number of other bugs.

I can't say that they're the most efficient, but they are incredibly thorough, which is important when you're working with a team that's spread out throughout the world. I don't have any benchmarks that I hope they hit. I don't tell them they have to work a certain number of hours because then you get people trying to create issues, like what happens if you tap the screen with your entire palm 20 times in a row. Things like that just to produce a bug. I don't have any benchmarks like that, but they definitely do their work, and do it well.

How did QATestLab perform from a project management standpoint?

Yuliya is the one who runs my group of testers. She is excellent, and they're all excellent. I would really give them my highest recommendation. The team is awesome. In regards to project management, she handles it very well. She scales effectively, and she makes sure that they're good communicators. The scaling part is very difficult to do as you're scaling personnel. She pretty much does it on demand, and that's great.

The people at QATestLab are all really good communicators. I was a bug tester myself for almost five years, so I know that it's not the easiest thing in the world, and they're good and they really enjoy it. I also have an interesting product; they like to go out for walks with the activity tracker. Project management is an A+.

What distinguishes QATestLab from other providers?

The things that just make it enjoyable to work with someone. They have a great personality, they're pretty much always available, and they get back to you very quickly. Anyone who joins the team is always nice and professional. They don't fight back often. When we first started working with them, they didn't use JIRA. I think they were using a popular one that I hate – it's really messy. I forget the name, but it's a really popular bug-tracking tool. Anyway, they were using that, which is so complicated.

I wanted to move to JIRA, and they did it. I mean, I paid them for the hours, but they didn't complain, and they moved everything to JIRA, which is an incredibly tedious task. I can put a lot of strain on them, and they're always very flexible. They have good ideas. Yuliya really strives for her team to be the best, and also Yuliya was a tester herself. It's not like you just have a project manager jumping in just because she's good at communicating and speaking English. They're like a team of testers run by testers, which I think goes a long way.

Is there anything QATestLab could have improved or done differently?

The only thing I sometimes have to reprimand Yuliya on is sometimes her bug testers will log ridiculous bugs. Like, if you tap on the screen 30 times in 20 seconds, the app crashes, but the apps are not meant to work like that. I tell her to stop doing things like that because it's a waste of time, but it doesn't happen that often.

Every now and then, I'll get a silly bug like that, but that's alright. You want testers that are trained to do stuff like that, but the average person doesn't think like that. It's good that they have that mindset. That's one of the areas where she could improve, but that doesn't need to be on her list of priorities because it has no detrimental effect.

When we first started working together, they spending time testing on a lot of older devices. I didn't monitor that much initially, but now I do. I let them know what devices and what combinations to test on; otherwise, they'll test everything under the sun.

Usability Testing for Medical IT Provider

"QATestLab has been very good and very easy to work with."

QATestLab performed a quality performance test on the stability, reliability, and compatibility of the SaaS medical records software developed by the company.

Dallas Metro Area
Dr. Robert Abbate
Founder & CEO, OneTouch EMR

The end solution received positive feedback from end users regarding its functional quality and intuitive usability. There were no bugs or defective code issues. QATestLab has been an extremely cost effective testing service and has significantly improved the overall reliability of the SaaS medical records solution.

My company is One Touch EMR. We sell a medical records software solution.

I am the founder and CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with QATestLab?

We needed software usability testing for software that we had built in-house. Our medical records solution had a lot of moving parts and we had to make sure it was reliable and scalable. We developed the software in-house and wanted an outside opinion on the stability of the final solution.

We have one person working on our QA [quality assurance] testing. It's been primarily usability and performance testing.

How did you come to work with QATestLab?

I did some online research. They were the only ones we approached for this project. The key drivers for my selection were cost and competence.

We started working with them a couple years ago. Our relationship is long term, and I'm still using their services.

I don't have anything tangible. We just use them for QA. Once they're finished, we release, and they seem to do a good job. We haven't had any issues with defective code or a significant amount of bugs.

How did QATestLab perform from a project management standpoint?

QATestLab has been very good and very easy to work with. I chose to use Assembla as a project management tool, and they were more than willing to use it with me. I appreciated that degree of flexibility.

What distinguishes QATestLab from other providers?

I'm not sure because I haven't used many others.

I can't think of any.

Very willing.

User & Functional Testing for Computer Software Firm

"[T]hey're extremely responsive, and that's why we've never needed to hire any other company."

2009 - Ongoing

QATestLab performed a quality performance test on multiple devices to verify the functionality of every element of the website. They are requested to write some scripts for internal products or do automated tests.

New York Metro Area
Tatiana Ovsiannikova
Senior Producer, Creative Technology Partners

QATestLab was meticulous in handling the quality assurance test on the website on multiple devices. The team comes highly recommended for responsiveness, immediately boarding the project and delivering agile results.

Creative Technology Partners is a software solutions company specializing in responsive web development, mobile development and applications.

I am the senior producer or senior project manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with QATestLab?

Since we specialize in responsive websites, and we were the first people on the market who started doing adaptive and responsive development. This created the challenge of finding people who would be able to verify the functionality of every single page – of every single feature of the website – in all possible resolutions with multiple browsers.

QATestLab worked with hundreds of devices verifying that the work we did was done right for those particular products.

We also had one of their specialists develop a product. We have also used the auto testing services from QATestLab, and that was great. Our customers were happy, and we were happy. We would request that they write some scripts for internal products or do automated tests.

I would rather not disclose actual figures. It depends on the qualification of the QA [quality assurance] member that we work with.

We first contracted them about five or six years ago [2009/2010], and we're still working with them. The most recent project, a website, will be finished in a week [August 2015]. Every month, we release something, or every two months at most.

It takes less than a day for them to get onboard for a new project. I would provide all the information, and they usually start testing immediately. By the end of the same day, they would have around 10 or 20 bugs already entered into JIRA. You see them right away, and that's great.

It's better if there are less bugs entered, but the numbers are usually quite high because that's their responsive development. Their developers would first start with three or four basic device resolutions, and then QA would go over and specify problems for all other resolutions, interim sizes, and the browsers that they use.

Each QA specialist can work on two or three projects simultaneously. As soon as a developer completes fixing a bug, he informs the QA member. We check this all in JIRA so it's easier to understand. If the status for the task is changed, the QA will get to it in the next 10 to 20 minutes.

How did QATestLab perform from a project management standpoint?

I usually work directly with not more than three people from QATestLab, and there's always a manager that can help us with any organization questions or anything related. If I have a new project, or I'm not sure who to turn to, I would turn to the manager and describe the scope of project, the requirements that they have for it, and the manager would find the best people for this particular project.

We use JIRA internally. That's the tool that QA people work directly in. They post bugs there, with all the necessary information, and it's pretty convenient.

What we appreciate the most about QATestLab is that they're extremely responsive, and that's why we've never needed to hire any other company. As soon as I have a question, as soon as I contact them, I get an immediate response.

What distinguishes QATestLab from other providers?

These would be the three main things that I would point out: The responsiveness; the speed of onboarding and beginning of the testing itself; and the agile approach – the constant development, constant communication, and the quick back and forth between the team members. They have fantastic team members.

Is there anything QATestLab could have improved or done differently?

Not really. I once had a person replaced, but that was due to their internal need. I was warned in advance, and I didn't even notice it. The transition was all so smooth. I personally never had to request replacements due to some issues or problems.

I have already recommended them, and I would recommend them again.