Shaping the Future of Technology

Plego Technologies specializes in web apps development, enterprise web design, systems integration, mobile app development, business intelligence and staff augmentation. Our services can provide a custom application design and application development solutions to meet the unique needs of your business.

Our custom website application design practices are highly respected in the industry, as our company portfolio is full of sophisticated projects that are tailor made for individual businesses.

2002

Ashley Furniture Homestore

Zebra Technologies

Juno Lighting Group

Custom Web Application for Plastics Company

"They certainly know the technology, but their ability to respond to customers is impressive."

Sept. 2014 - Dec. 2015

In two major projects, Plego Technologies provided a product information management database and consolidated multiple websites into a single corporate website. They now provide ongoing maintenance.

Vice President of Marketing, Manufacturing Company

The database has increased internal productivity and supports with the quality and accuracy of information that is shared publicly. Additionally, traffic to the corporate website has increased. Plego Technologies is service-minded and customer-focused.

At Jessup Manufacturing, we make adhesive coated films that go into many industries; everything from other manufactured products, to transportation, to even some medical and consumer goods. I’m the VP of marketing and strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Plego Technologies?

We needed to create a product information management database. Plego is strong in structured data, so we hired them to create our product information database that we use today.

We also had rebranded and repositioned the company, and we needed to create a new website along with that. We had multiple websites for different brands, and we decided to consolidate them into a single corporate website that would span all these brands.

For the product information database, Plego Technologies started from scratch. We didn’t have one place where all the product information resided. We basically mapped to our enterprise system for certain types of data on the standard parts that we sell that would be part of our engineering master. Then we added marketing data, such as short and long descriptions, feature bullets, and photographs.

We use the database internally and externally. We’ve created a standardization, and it’s a resource to everyone in the company for product information on standard products. It gave us a huge productivity boost and helped us with the quality and accuracy of all kinds of information uses. It’s kept up to date, and it’s a central repository. There’s clear accountability for who keeps the data clean. The external benefits are very significant also. We sell through distribution, and many of our customers have online stores, so we provide data feeds from this database to our customers. That’s a critical benefit to them.

For the website project, in addition to creating the site, the task was to import all the relevant pages and information from the other four existing sites. That was a considerable task. We had started down a path, both creatively and technically, with a different company. We found they did not have the capacity to do all that we wanted. We went to Plego, who was working on the database project at that time, and asked if they had the capabilities. They said they did, and they helped us create that website and get it launched. Since then, they’ve been providing maintenance and updates. WordPress is the basis for the content, and then we decided together to change the hosting of the websites from GoDaddy to Rackspace, with a dedicated server.

We had specific ideas about how we wanted the website to function. We got some samples of WordPress templates and had them tested technically by Plego. An independent design firm did the design, and then we handed it off to Plego. I work more with the principles of the firm, so I can’t even say how many team members they had on our projects. I know they have a larger team, and my connection with them is limited. For example, if we have enhancements or bugs to be fixed, we load it into a tracking program called Lean Testing. Other team members review it, but I don’t deal with them directly.

How did you come to work with Plego Technologies?

Plego Technologies worked for me when I was with a previous employer. I hired them to do another product database, some web maintenance, and enhancements.

We started work in September of 2014, and we launched the website in December of 2015. Our relationship with Plego Technologies is ongoing for maintenance and updates.

I don’t have specific metrics on hand. I can say that there have been significant increases in traffic to our website. As far as the productivity gained from the database, it’s so high that it’s like night and day. During our transition, we literally went from weeks to prepare documents for customers, down to minutes. It’s a great leverage that we have now with this database.

Both projects are great regarding reliability, functionality, and stability. Since these were developed uniquely for us, we had some bugs to fix, but that’s part of having applications. We worked through them.

How did Plego Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Plego Technologies is very good. I like that they are very service-minded and customer-focused. We use Lean Tracking to track bugs, and we have used Basecamp, which is useful for people outside the company.

What did you find most impressive about Plego Technologies?

I would say the service level is really one of Plego Technologies' strengths. They certainly know the technology, but their ability to respond to customers is impressive. When you’re talking about technology tools, they’re 24/7. Sometimes needs come up over the weekend or at any time, and it could be day or night. It’s very valuable to me that, if we get an attack on our site on a Saturday night, I can actually get a response from Plego. I think that is a strength. They clearly understand business applications very well. They’ve been great partners.

Are there any areas Plego Technologies could improve?

I guess the only thing would be, as my company grows, they’re a small, lean company. I would hope Plego Technologies could keep up with us as we grow. They’ve shown no signs of not doing that.

Plego Technologies' team is very willing to work with me. There are no issues there.
    Plego Technologies' team members are very good collaborators when setting up a project. They’re very good once we’ve launched a project and need to address any changes or even just ongoing enhancements.
    I have referred Plego Technologies to many people.