Shaping the Future of Technology

Plego Technologies is a digital agency based in Chicagoland

We specialize in website design and development, web app development, mobile app development, integration, search engine optimization and staff augmentation.

Our clients over the years have taken advantage of Plego’s model of delivery to scale and have expedited their key initiatives.

2002

Ashley Furniture Homestore

Zebra Technologies

Juno Lighting Group

Web Development for Digital Games Company

“They supply exactly what we want, and the games are successful.”

Nov. 2013 - Ongoing

Plego designs, develops, and maintains numerous web-based games. Site management is also included. Mobile versions of the games are currently being developed.

Geno Perry
Owner, Boom Industries

Out of all the potential partners, Plego was the best-equipped to handle the project size. Reliable and good customer service are a top priority. Although they don’t offer 24-hour service, Plego still meets their customers’ expectations.

I’m the owner of Boom Industries, an Internet company that supplies digital games to the restaurant and bar industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Plego Technologies?

We needed someone to create our games and manage our website.

We have a few different games that Plego has developed: a spin-to-win type game, trivia, night at the races, bingo, etc. The games are web-based and displayed on TVs at bars and restaurants through our website, with other gimmicks and promotions from the location.

Plego also maintains our e-commerce website, and they’re currently developing a mobile version of our trivia game. They do dev, design, and all the support.

Including the owner, who's very involved, three people are on our team.

How did you come to work with Plego Technologies?

We put out an ad, and they called about it. We interviewed around eight developers in total, but we chose Plego because they were definitely capable of delivering what we need, and the other firms didn’t impress us.

We’ve spent over $200,000.

We’ve been working together since November 2013, and it’s ongoing.

We’re pleased with Plego’s work, and none of our clients have complained. If any games need to be fixed or updated, Plego does it. They supply exactly what we want, and the games are successful.

How did Plego Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They don’t supply 24-hour service, so if a game goes down in the middle of the night, I have to wait until the morning to fix it. Some bars are open until 2 or 3 in the morning, so that can be an issue. But other than that, they do a great job.

If I don’t like what they made, they’re willing to fix it at the original price we discussed. It wasn’t always like that, but we’ve come to have a great partnership. I’m still with them because they provide good customer service and work.

I would love 24-hour service.

Overall Score I'm happy with them.
    We've never had issues.
    We've had to negotiate price at times.
    They produce exactly what I want and deal with any problems that arise.
    I've referred them quite often.

SQL Development for Marketing Company

"I already recommended Plego to several companies; they’re all happy."

2012 - Ongoing

Plego migrated software from MySQL to SQL using a scaled database and new integration tools to increase capacity. Concurrent integration and migration projects for e-commerce and web are on-going.

John Manfredy
Co-Founder, Animated Vision

New software implementation prevented likely revenue losses without those improvements. The database is stable and handles new capacity. Great results at fair price points benefited from significant investment in time to understand processes and objectives.

I own Animated Vision, which is an interactive marketing company that produces custom web applications for furniture manufacturer clients. We develop online furniture design tools and do 3D modeling and photorealistic images.

What challenge were you trying to address with Plego?

We needed to migrate our sales support tool from MySQL to SQL when our client base and the number of listed products grew too large for the former. We required a partner familiar with PHP to build a new database with increased capacity.

First, the team learned our software, how it’s integrated with our web applications, and subsequently designed a schema to scale the database. They built integration tools to allow communication between the old and new databases. That helped execute product updates, revisions, and deletions. After completing the database and its integration points, the team built out the support.

Since we’re a small company, we use Plego on a number of related projects. This has been our practice since the initial engagement. We’ve collaborated on custom web and e-commerce projects in addition to digital communication between our applications and client web services. Currently, they’re helping to migrate our existing WebGL platform to another vendor. Other services include: PHP, programming assistance, PayPal integration, JavaScript, and HTML.

How did you come to work with Plego?

They are the successor firm to a company we previously worked with. We were not satisfied with that company; Plego’s management resolved those performance gaps.

We’ve spent between $100,000 - $200,000.

We’ve been partnering for 5-7 years and the work is on-going.

Since our business is based on a subscriber model, we measure this project’s success by client attrition. We would have lost larger accounts in the SQL development did not occur. It’s very important to us that our databases are stable and can accrue additional information. Our tools are managed on a daily basis and need to be operating 24/7.

How did Plego perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated with Amin [Managing Partner, Plego] closely. We had bi-weekly meetings with his team. Overall, they’re very competent; we never worried about deadlines. They hit milestones without charging more than the original estimates.

They’re rates are very competitive for the volume of work they produce. They tend to complete tasks on-time and on budget.

Make both sides are on clear on the project’s parameters and set objectives. Those initial meetings are crucial because they allow Plego to work on ‘auto pilot,’ which is convenient for the client. They do a great job with that.

Overall Score We have no reason not to work with them.
    They met all our deadlines.
    They produced a lot for the fee they charged.
    Their estimates are fair and they meet deadlines.
    I already recommended Plego to several companies; they’re all happy.

Custom Web Application for Plastics Company

"They certainly know the technology, but their ability to respond to customers is impressive."

Sept. 2014 - Dec. 2015

In two major projects, Plego Technologies provided a product information management database and consolidated multiple websites into a single corporate website. They now provide ongoing maintenance.

Vice President of Marketing, Manufacturing Company

The database has increased internal productivity and supports with the quality and accuracy of information that is shared publicly. Additionally, traffic to the corporate website has increased. Plego Technologies is service-minded and customer-focused.

At Jessup Manufacturing, we make adhesive coated films that go into many industries; everything from other manufactured products, to transportation, to even some medical and consumer goods. I’m the VP of marketing and strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Plego Technologies?

We needed to create a product information management database. Plego is strong in structured data, so we hired them to create our product information database that we use today.

We also had rebranded and repositioned the company, and we needed to create a new website along with that. We had multiple websites for different brands, and we decided to consolidate them into a single corporate website that would span all these brands.

For the product information database, Plego Technologies started from scratch. We didn’t have one place where all the product information resided. We basically mapped to our enterprise system for certain types of data on the standard parts that we sell that would be part of our engineering master. Then we added marketing data, such as short and long descriptions, feature bullets, and photographs.

We use the database internally and externally. We’ve created a standardization, and it’s a resource to everyone in the company for product information on standard products. It gave us a huge productivity boost and helped us with the quality and accuracy of all kinds of information uses. It’s kept up to date, and it’s a central repository. There’s clear accountability for who keeps the data clean. The external benefits are very significant also. We sell through distribution, and many of our customers have online stores, so we provide data feeds from this database to our customers. That’s a critical benefit to them.

For the website project, in addition to creating the site, the task was to import all the relevant pages and information from the other four existing sites. That was a considerable task. We had started down a path, both creatively and technically, with a different company. We found they did not have the capacity to do all that we wanted. We went to Plego, who was working on the database project at that time, and asked if they had the capabilities. They said they did, and they helped us create that website and get it launched. Since then, they’ve been providing maintenance and updates. WordPress is the basis for the content, and then we decided together to change the hosting of the websites from GoDaddy to Rackspace, with a dedicated server.

We had specific ideas about how we wanted the website to function. We got some samples of WordPress templates and had them tested technically by Plego. An independent design firm did the design, and then we handed it off to Plego. I work more with the principles of the firm, so I can’t even say how many team members they had on our projects. I know they have a larger team, and my connection with them is limited. For example, if we have enhancements or bugs to be fixed, we load it into a tracking program called Lean Testing. Other team members review it, but I don’t deal with them directly.

How did you come to work with Plego Technologies?

Plego Technologies worked for me when I was with a previous employer. I hired them to do another product database, some web maintenance, and enhancements.

We started work in September of 2014, and we launched the website in December of 2015. Our relationship with Plego Technologies is ongoing for maintenance and updates.

I don’t have specific metrics on hand. I can say that there have been significant increases in traffic to our website. As far as the productivity gained from the database, it’s so high that it’s like night and day. During our transition, we literally went from weeks to prepare documents for customers, down to minutes. It’s a great leverage that we have now with this database.

Both projects are great regarding reliability, functionality, and stability. Since these were developed uniquely for us, we had some bugs to fix, but that’s part of having applications. We worked through them.

How did Plego Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Plego Technologies is very good. I like that they are very service-minded and customer-focused. We use Lean Tracking to track bugs, and we have used Basecamp, which is useful for people outside the company.

What did you find most impressive about Plego Technologies?

I would say the service level is really one of Plego Technologies' strengths. They certainly know the technology, but their ability to respond to customers is impressive. When you’re talking about technology tools, they’re 24/7. Sometimes needs come up over the weekend or at any time, and it could be day or night. It’s very valuable to me that, if we get an attack on our site on a Saturday night, I can actually get a response from Plego. I think that is a strength. They clearly understand business applications very well. They’ve been great partners.

Are there any areas Plego Technologies could improve?

I guess the only thing would be, as my company grows, they’re a small, lean company. I would hope Plego Technologies could keep up with us as we grow. They’ve shown no signs of not doing that.

Plego Technologies' team is very willing to work with me. There are no issues there.
    Plego Technologies' team members are very good collaborators when setting up a project. They’re very good once we’ve launched a project and need to address any changes or even just ongoing enhancements.
    I have referred Plego Technologies to many people.