Build your vision with us

Perpetual is a software product innovation and development company based in New York city. We develop great user experiences and cutting edge software for select clients.

New York, NY
  • 134 W 29th St, 607
    New York, NY 10001

UX Design & Prototyping for Financial Services Company

"Their background in the financial sector helped me a lot."

n/a

2018

The team at Perpetual focused on the UX design of a financial services prototype. They were involved in brainstorming, implemented specialized features, and designed a landing page.

Boston, Massachusetts
Product Manager, Multinational Financial Services Company

Internal and external feedback was positive regarding the work of Perpetual. App usage has increased since the engagement ended. Their team is skilled in a variety of facets. They’re communicative and personable.

I’m the product manager for a multinational financial services company with a range of desktop products, web products, and feeds. We’re primarily working on market data terminal type desktop products, focusing on a slice of content that those users are interested in. We provide quantitative and numeric data that involves news and broker research, focusing on ways to make it easier for users to consume.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

The company grew in a time where we had the news app, the filings app, the events app with earnings transcript were held, and a broker research app. Any time there was an emergency, people asked where they had to go within the four areas.

I put together a cross-content searching app as a proof of concept (POC). Being a POC, it had usability perspective issues, so we needed someone to assist with UX design.

The team at Perpetual helped with the strategy and UX of the platform. Amish (CEO, Perpetual) was familiar enough with the core visual signature that we were working with. Within that, I worked with him and one of his colleagues to figure out our users.

We were in the process of adding a new feature that revolved around the use of a knowledge graph. During the process, we were trying to figure out how to visualize and integrate it. We wanted to use the app as a way to showcase new technology and functionality. The app itself is a bit of a demo. Amish was trying to rationalize the entire workflow while adding new features at the same time.

Their team built clickable prototypes in InVision, and then I would use those as part of my documentation for the development team.

I worked with Amish and one other person that was facilitating the core implementation. Amish had a good background in working with these kinds of financial apps.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

My boss, at the time, had worked with them before. I wasn’t part of the selection process.

We began working together in early spring 2018, and it ended at the end of 2018.

I’ve been able to use pieces of the work to show other groups internally where we’re headed. I also had my own stuff in alpha and beta environments to show.

Amish was quick to turn everything around. Even though they had other projects going on, I didn’t find that inhibited their ability to deliver work to us. I never had to wait.

The trickiest part involved the knowledge graph. It’s hard to distill into a single view, so we were able to design it in a way where users could see what was important to them. People find this feature useful, along with our newly-designed landing page. There’s no way to assign revenue to it, but the usage has gone up three times over the last year.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

Their extensive use of InVision was excellent. The team at Perpetual introduced me to the tool as a way to communicate ideas. I could in and see updates.

Amish is an affable guy. We spent time together for a few weeks, which was nice.

I would’ve liked to break all the rules of the product to have something a bit more dynamic, but that’s not on them. It’s quite a straightjacket we were given. It was a good relationship all-in-all.

Their background in the financial sector helped me a lot. If you’re in that space, they’d be a go-to-place. I highly recommend them.

• N/A Cost
    They were good value for money. Since my boss used them extensively, I assumed they were well worth it.

Custom Web Dev for Brand & Design Agency

"I also felt a genuine excitement from the Perpetual team about working with Design Bridge..."

Nov. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Perpetual custom developed a site with the aim of supporting the branding efforts of a third-party client. They consulted on the design and collaborated with the client's IT specialists.

New York
Sam Cutler
Creative Director, Design Bridge

The platform has successfully reached a global audience and enhanced the online presence of the brand. Perpetual successfully managed tasks throughout the timeline. It was a close collaboration marked by multiple rounds of feedback and consistent communication.

Design Bridge is a leading creative agency specialising in Brand and Design. My role as Creative Director is to oversee creative excellence across our clients here in North America.

For what projects/services did your company hire Perpetual?

Perpetual were hired to help realise the build and custom development of a Brand site, to be built in Ceros, for one of our major consumer goods clients.

Seamless integration of our creative vision within the constraints of the platform, as well as using the Perpetual teams knowledge of other platforms to better understand where custom code/dev could be explored and brought into Ceros.

Straight away the team at Perpetual felt like a good fit from a cultural perspective. They were also more than happy to work collaboratively and join us for in-person sessions which is how we prefer to work with partners. Their knowledge of the industry and previous experience with this particular platform was also a big part of the decision process.

Perpetual advised and helped fine tune the design, then went on to build as well as bring in bespoke custom code into the final site. They were also a fantastic support with the project management of the project and also were more than happy to liaise with the internal client IT department as we migrated the site to their servers.

The team we dealt with regularly was made up of three people. But I believe a larger team may have been brought in at certain points along the way as like with most projects we had some busy moments getting ready for challenging client deadlines.

Despite having to work around some stringent client IT issues, this piece of work, which is literally going live right now ,has been a game changer for our client. The scale and reach of this brand is enormous and it was crucial that this project was realised and launched successfully and ontime in order to inspire and educate the global brand and marketing divisions.

The project management was very effective and throughout the project we were regularly kept up to date with Google Docs containing the status of each and every element.

Having the team, who was actually working on this build, able to come in and spend time with our designers was a fantastic way to streamline this project both creatively and from a timings perspective. They were also very accommodating with additional rounds of feedback and always kept us up to date with what was going on at their end. I also felt a genuine excitement from the Perpetual team about working with Design Bridge on this one which is always nice.

Nothing major as the project has been pretty smooth for the most part. My only area for improvement would be in those initial meetings I think we could have all been clearer about licensing and software restrictions.

I think we can go on to do even better work together.
    Already have ;)

Software Development for Digital Studio

"They all have experience and know what they’re doing."

Nov. - Dec. 2019

Provided with in-house designs for an educational app, Perpetual took on the development using Prismic and React. They started with a thorough requirements overview to familiarize themselves with internal need.

Brooklyn, New York
Founder, Design Agency

Impressing their client, the team worked professionally and collaboratively to deliver a successful app that immediately earned positive results in the United States. They added value and ensured a smooth collaboration through their structured communication and project management style.

I’m the founder of a design agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

We normally do our design and development in-house. Our team decided to get some outside help for development.

We had a client request an interactive educational site from us. We did all the design in-house. When it was time for development, we went through our designs with their team and put together some of the technical requirements for the site. It was an agile development with weekly cycles. We collaborated on the project, implementing designs into their code using Prismic and React.

My friend was the main point of contact. He had a team that I communicated with over standups. It was very conversational—I knew people’s faces. It felt like we were all one team.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

I’m friends with one of the co-founders because we worked together at another agency in the past. He was the fastest to respond to our RFP and understand our business goals. He had a very accurate approach to evaluate the amount of work necessary.

We felt comfortable with their ability to deliver from the beginning. It was the right decision from day one. While meeting the team, we went through their portfolio. It was very transparent and fluent. After we signed the contract, they put together all the milestones. Everything happened very smoothly.

We spent under $25,000.

We worked together from November–December 2019.

What evidence can you share that demonstrates the impact of the engagement

We started seeing results pretty early in the United States. They were a huge help and very professional. From day one, we felt we were one team. All their work was spot on. With our combined experience, we understood how to address issues with interactivity and performance.

Aside from that, we just launched the project. The client is still updating the system for analytics. We don’t have any metrics yet.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

Since we worked in an agile process, it was very easy to iterate and keep the project going. The communication went very smoothly. We use Slack for daily communication and had standups three days each week.

On Fridays, we had a demo of how the website was progressing. It was a very well-crafted process. When we sent the feedback, they made changes quickly. They were always available.

They all have experience and know what they’re doing. The team has a good handle on all sorts of situations. Sometimes things need to be done fast, and they understood that. I felt they were part of our team.

One of their employees that was dedicated to the project left the company. They were very transparent and told us what was happening. They introduced the new team members that would be taking care of the project. It was a little nerve-wracking, but they did the right thing. We didn’t feel the impact of that.

I want to continue working with them and would definitely recommend them.

Overall Score I have no complaints at all.
    They quickly adapted to our timelines and gave me all the calendar schedules from day one. It was very well structured.
    They knew exactly how much time and money it would cost for this to work.
    They understood all the deliverables right away. They delivered exactly what we were expecting.
    I’m looking for ways to keep working with them when the time comes.

Business & Product Development for Blockchain Company

“We needed to ramp up fast, and they were very quick to help us.”

Jan. - Oct. 2018

Perpetual offered business development and consulting services to a blockchain software firm, conducting calls with potential investors and customers. They placed a full-time staff member on-site.

Bangkok, Thailand
Matthew Campbell
CEO, Loom Network

At the end of the engagement, the team had earned millions worth in investment deals, far surpassing their partner’s spend. Along with the impressive ROI, the presence of resources in the office day-to-day made for a communicative, seamless collaboration. They worked efficiently.

I’m the CEO of a company that builds enterprise blockchain software.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

We needed help with business and product development.

After successfully raising a round of funding, we needed to do business development and outreach to both customers and developers. They helped us by jumping on phone calls with our various customers to onboard them onto our product.

In some cases, they called potential investors and pitched our business as a possible investment for them. In order to run the project smoothly, they placed someone from their staff in our office to work alongside our team.

They also helped us out with product design for some of our e-learning courses. We were able to think through high-level design concepts with them to guide the direction for those courses.

They placed one of their teammates in our office who essentially managed their end of the project and actively communicated with us. He handled the entire relationship. We also interacted with Perpetual’s owner.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

At the time, we were raising capital in New York. I’d worked with their owner in the past and enjoyed the relationship. While bootstrapping our company, I reached out to him to see if he could help us.

In total, we spent about $250,000.

We worked together from January 2017–October 2018.

They helped us negotiate business deals worth millions of dollars. In that alone, they paid for their services many times over. On top of that, they provided feedback that helped us improve our core product.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

Because they had a person physically working in our office, project management was done seamlessly. We never had to get in the middle of anything. They met all the deadlines.

It was incredibly easy to work with them from day one. We needed to ramp up fast, and they were very quick to help us.

Nothing specific comes to mind because I was very happy with the ROI we got on the effort.

If you can afford to have a staff member full-time, it will be a huge help. Their services are great, and I’d recommend them to anybody.

Overall Score They were fun and easy to work with.
    They easily ramped up to our schedule.
    It seemed expensive, but we got an amazing ROI.
    Everything was above the standard we expected.

E-Learning Platform Dev & Design for Nonprofit

"Perpetual is proactive, responsive, and have a versatile team to tackle the diverse needs of any tech project."

May - Sept. 2015

Perpetual handled the design, hosting, and customization of an online learning platform for a third-party client. They ensured the product was structurally operational.

New York New York
Founder & CEO, Educational Tech Company

Due to the team's engineering capabilities, the platform launched and has remained fully-functioning without additional maintenance. Workflows were organized, and they prioritized, defined, and scheduled individuals tasks to ensure smooth collaboration. They were always easy to get in contact with.

I am Founder and CEO of an instructional design, content and technology agency. We were engaged by a leading Atlanta-based non-profit organization providing support to families undergoing life transitions (divorce/bereavement etc.).

We were brought in to develop an online portal to support co-parenting - coaching separated (or separating) parents to responsibly create the best possible environment for children in difficult circumstances.

My role was to define the learning strategy, create the course outline, course content and multimedia as well as to deploy an online learning platform that met the client’s (and user’s) requirements.

For what projects/services did your company hire Perpetual?

We hired Perpetual to assist with the design, hosting and customization of the online learning platform. While we had the course content side of the engagement covered, we needed assistance with these complementary services. For design, Perpetual created and implemented a custom design theme for the learning platform matching Families First’s branding style guide.

The learning platform selected (Open edX) required advanced configuration on the Amazon AWS cloud services platform, including multiple applications and two databases, which the Perpetual team handled. Additionally, Perpetual implemented advanced customizations on the learning platform including additional payment options, a custom certificate and special question types.

Successful implementation of both content and custom payment and certification utilities.

Highly recommended by former colleague and a leading consulting firm in New York.

We relied on Perpetual to handle the technology aspect of the engagement in a turnkey model: They installed the software to the servers, customized it, hosted it and got it operational and ready for us to put up our advanced learning content for the customer’s use.

We worked with 1 Product Manager, 1 UX Designer and 2 Software Engineers.

The learning platform was launched successfully, satisfying the client’s needs and addressing the goals we set out for the Perpetual team. The platform is still up and running without the need for additional maintenance or support, which is a testament to Perpetual’s robust engineering practices.

The solution established and industry-first for co-parenting training: the ability to take learning sessions, make simple payments, and receive a custom watermarked certificate online from your home instead of having to travel to an in-person class. This increased convenience for the test-takers as well as the client Families First, resulting in several hours and dollars saved for all parties (on both the end-user side and my client's side).

What stood out from a project management standpoint was their organized process: each task was well defined, prioritized, estimated and scheduled in the project management tool. Any blockers were marked on the task, and communicated with our team for quick resolution.

They held regular meetings and prepared documentation for project milestones. The team was also easily reachable for out-of-cycle communication and project needs.

Perpetual is proactive, responsive, and have a versatile team to tackle the diverse needs of any tech project. They take into account overall dependencies for successful project delivery in addition to just doing the tasks assigned to them.

Very honest and upfront about roadblocks and always coming with solutions, not problems. Very easy to work with, project-managers highly competent and exude calm authority. Highly recommended.

Hardly any, at times more proactive communication from them would be helpful, but not a major issue at all.

Website Rebuild for Storage Unit Rental Company

"The breadth of their resources to dedicate to the project was quite impressive."

Feb. - Apr. 2019

Perpetual redesigned a website and created an intuitive CMS for a storage unit rental company. They revamped the UX of several pages and connected a new data API to all intrinsic properties.

Seattle, Washington
Thatcher Milholland
Founder, Storage Seeker

Perpetual successfully launched an updated website that has since experienced increases in traffic and readability through Google Ads. They dedicated a creative and talented team to the project. With a transparent and communicative workflow, Perpetual proved to be a trustworthy vendor.

I am the founder of Storage Seeker. We offer a website where consumers can rent a self-storage unit online.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

Our website has been around since 2008, but we recently changed the way we aggregated data from all of our clients. We switched to an API from a more manual process. We hired Perpetual to effectively rebuild the site using that API and a number of design changes.

We relied on Perpetual to connect this new data API to all of our existing self-storage properties. Additionally, they created a CMS that allows our staff to edit large portions of our website’s pages without having to go into the code. Lastly, we had them redesign the UX of several pages on our site.

We worked with three backend developers, a designer, and an HTML frontend developer.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

I had worked with Perpetual on a different project in the past. I had a great experience with them before, so I hoped they could replicate that success with Storage Seeker.

We spent more than $10,000.

We worked together from February­–March 2019.

We launched our website in April. We have since seen a steady increase in traffic, which we attribute to the architecture changes they’ve made. We’ve also had lower advertising costs due to the increased readability of the pages through Google Ads.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very communicative about what their steps were, and they had fast turnaround times to get demonstration products in front of us to approve or change. We’d use Slack and emails to communicate, along with twice-weekly Zoom calls.

They have artistic designers, talented developers, and organized project managers who could take my business case and convert it into a great product. The breadth of their resources to dedicate to the project was quite impressive.

No, this was a quick and painless project.

It’s smart to have some outlines or wireframes because that’s the easiest way to get started with most developers.

Everything was delivered on time and slightly under budget.

iOS Dev Staff Augmentation for Market Data Terminal

“We've won awards for the finished product, and a lot of their work went into that success.”

Dec. 2014 - May 2015

Perpetual provided staff augmentation for a FinTech company. To ensure a bigger market share at launch, they adapted code to be more compatible with multiple devices and modalities.

Vivek Nasta
CEO & Founder, Scout Finance

Thanks to the resources Perpetual supplied, development time decreased by about 60%, and project costs were significantly reduced. Perpetual communicated and responded well, and their performance always matched or exceeded that of the internal team.

Scout Finance is the first to market mobile data terminal for investors. I'm the CEO and founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

We wanted to find a way to give finance professionals the data they needed on the go. There were no good options on the market, and we wanted to fill that void.

They augmented our staff with iOS engineers to accelerate development for this app. We wanted to create different modalities for the app to be more compatible with different devices and via the web. We asked them to refactor the code for those other approaches, which helped us capture a bigger market share and make a splash quickly. That refactoring lightened the burden and saved us from creating entirely new apps.

We had three developers and a project manager, who kept is on the same page.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

I worked with our main contact a long time ago, so that relationship already existed. When I wanted to augment my staff, it was natural to speak with them about what they could offer. Perpetual also came up frequently in conversation as an excellent vendor.

We spent about $500,000–$600,000 on their services.

The whole engagement lasted about six months, and we wrapped up around May 2015.

They decreased our development time by about 60%, which saved us hundreds of thousands of dollars. We've won awards for the finished product, and a lot of their work went into that success.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent communicators, and they finished all their work on time. If there were any issues, they were very responsive. They were there when we needed them, and they set us up well to work on our own. They were as good at management as they were at coding. We worked in Jira, and they had access to our Jira board. That allowed them to clean up some of our entries. They were also on Slack and introduced some helpful design tools and other technologies.

They're really amazing project managers, and they really offer a complete package. They were always as good or better than our own employees.

They were fantastic, and I don't have anything to criticize. I only wish there were more of them.

See them as more than just coders. They can be true team members with broad sets of capabilities.

Web Development Support for Creative Agency

"Perpetual is one of the best development companies I've worked with."

Oct. 2018 - Mar. 2019

Perpetual helped redesign a website to boost overall functionality and design. Key features included dropdown menus, homepage layout, and aesthetic updates.

Brooklyn, New York
Shaina Thomas
Senior Project Manager, Special Operation

The amount of visibility increased markedly since the engagement began, with an article about the site appearing in the Wall Street Journal. Perpetual kept the project moving through consistent communication and frequent updates. A willingness to go the extra mile made them a valuable partner.

I’m a senior project manager at Special Operations, a creative agency located in New York. We do website, branding, and campaign work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

We have a client whose website needed refreshing. We’d originally designed the site about a year ago, but there were new technologies available. We wanted to make a few updates to ensure that they stay on top of their market.

Perpetual created new features for a venture capital firm’s website. They created dropdown menus to display information in a sleek and digestible way. They updated the news page to make it easier to pull articles. They made aesthetic updates to the team member page. They updated the layout of the homepage to make multiple items appear above the fold. They also offered input on UX for mobile design.

The project took place over three phases, and each phase focused on 5–6 updates. Whenever a feature was added or updated on the frontend, Perpetual also updated the code in the CMS on the backend. They wanted to make it easier for the client to go in and edit features as needed.

Ryan (Full Stack Developer, Perpetual) and Amish (CEO, Perpetual) were our main contacts. In total, we had a team of four people working on our project.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

Our founder had worked with Amish before I was part of the team. As this project was for a high-profile client, we definitely wanted to go with an established company.

With all the phases included, we spent between $15,000–$20,000.

The project took place from October 2018–March 2019.

The redesigned site is great. After the updates went live, our client was featured in the Wall Street Journal. The piece was very complimentary about the new site, highlighting the up-to-date branding. It was amazing to get that level of PR and eyeballs on the new site.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

Ryan is awesome. They kept a running tracker in Google Sheets so that we were always able to communicate with their team. The Sheet was constantly updated so we never had to question if a task was done. The entire process was very smooth.

Perpetual was always willing to do additional market research in order to improve their background knowledge on the project. The first thing they sent over to us was a comprehensive spreadsheet of other VC firms. They’d done an analysis of features on their websites that we could incorporate, which was really helpful.

No. Perpetual is one of the best development companies I've worked with.

Before approaching any developer with an ask, get as much information from your client about the goals of the project as you can. It's a good rule of thumb that the more work you do before starting will result in a better project.

I’d definitely recommend them.

UX/UI & Development Services for Fintech Company

"There’s been positive feedback about their performance."

2013 - 2015

Perpetual was hired to improve customer experience and satisfaction amongst a variety of products. Along with designing a sales site, their team redesigned an existing video portal.

Amit Jain
Head of News & Research, Refinitiv

Internal feedback on Perpetual’s quality services has been positive. Their team is willing to go above and beyond, meeting every deadline. Their responsiveness was also noteworthy. Customers can expect a dedicated design team.

We’re a fintech company. I head up a product here for news and risk products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

Our company had a product we wanted to grow. We were seeking new ways to tell the story of our product as well as redesign the experience to improve customer satisfaction.

Perpetual designed a sales collateral site and redesigned an existing portal. By showcasing our capabilities, they were able to adapt to our proprietary framework. There was quite a bit of ideation, and then ultimately, their team set up the end-to-end portal for video.

We worked with a dev team of four or five, along with a UX expert.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

We found that Perpetua was keen to understand the problems we were facing. They were willing to get into the bulk of the work rather than finding a clear solution right off the bat.

The project cost around $100,000.

We worked with Perpetual from 2013–2015.

There’s been positive feedback about their performance. Video views increased significantly. The sales team also appreciated the sales collateral work their team completed.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style was efficient. Perpetual was timely and responsive, giving us a clear sense of milestones. Basecamp was the primary project management tool.

I think we covered it all. Perpetual did an excellent job.

There are always areas to improve, but nothing specific stands out.

Having an incremental approach and constant engagement is key.

Platform Dev for Health Professionals Freelance Community

“They have a positive, can-do attitude, even when some of our asks are challenging.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Perpetual developed the MVP for a SaaS-based platform that links health professionals with hospitals in need of additional staff. Features include dynamic matching capabilities and user-generated profiles.

California
Co-Founder & CEO, Health Professionals Freelance Community

Their team is cooperative, flexible, and easy to work with. They were able to turn the first iteration of the project around fairly quickly and they utilize project management tools well to maintain communication. Requests for new features are met promptly and effectively.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of a freelance community for health professionals.

What challenge were you trying to address with Perpetual?

We had an idea for the kind of app we needed and recognized that we couldn’t hire a full-time staffer to build it in-house. We wanted to find an end-to-end service agency that could help create our SaaS platform.

We’re essentially offering users a marketplace—our platform connects hospitals with health professionals. We needed dynamic matching capabilities to pair available doctors with hospital vacancies. On top of that, we wanted to offer user profiles so that individual users and hospitals can learn about each other in the event of a match. Perpetual helped us build out an initial version of the platform.

I think the full team was six people, with three in New York and three in India.

How did you come to work with Perpetual?

Their owner and I worked together at a previous company. I was evaluating several other companies as well, but I chose them because I knew they were credible and reliable. They understood what we needed right away and had experience doing similar work, which made the process very easy.

We’ve spent around $130,000 to date.

We started working with them in September 2018, and the project is ongoing.

From a development lens, they consistently deliver the key features that we ask for. On a qualitative level, our working relationship with the team in India has significantly improved thanks to better communication.

How did Perpetual perform from a project management standpoint?

They cooperate well with our team, and it’s easy to coordinate the project using Slack and Jira. We also go through sprints, where we lay out all of the upcoming deliverables. Everyone is friendly and easy to work with, and the team member who handles the creative work is excellent. One of their other team members was a bit inexperienced, though, and while they delivered a functional MVP with a quick turnaround, there’s definitely room for improvement.

They have a positive, can-do attitude, even when some of our asks are challenging. Having that kind of mindset has helped us overcome many of our initial challenges as a startup.

I’d like greater clarity on the difference between a project manager and a product manager. One of the team members brought on felt too inexperienced to be a product manager. To me, that’s someone who should have an in-depth knowledge of the product and be intimately involved with the production. The person we worked with just didn’t seem to have that depth.

Understand that there might be a lot of changes as you go along. Their team is very accommodating, so just be clear with your requirements and set priorities as effectively as possible.