Love to create beautiful interactive solutions.

Onetree is a technology services and consulting company serving clients in more than 10 countries, combining experience in software development, UX design, ecommerce and Mobile systems across different industries and business functions.

We are passionate and committed about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients. We work with our clients as a team to build their capabilities at every level and every opportunity.

Review our work:

Montevideo, Uruguay
  • 5400 Carillon Point, B. 5000, 4th Floor
    Kirkland, WA 98034

App Customization for University of Michigan Pharmacy School

"Everything worked great, and we received the ideal results."

Mar. - June 2020

Onetree was tasked with adding customized features to a mobile application. The app monitors treatment side effects in cancer patients. The team implemented physical assessments through code.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Dan Hertz
Assistant Professor, University of Michigan College of Pharm

Onetree's team delivered upon client expectations for quality, budget, and delivery. Their communicative approach complemented their excellent professional management style. Expect a skilled team when working with them.

I’m an assistant professor at the University of Michigan in the College of Pharmacy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Onetree?

I needed someone to customize the functional assessments within a smartphone app that I was developing.

We worked with Onetree to develop a first-generation app. The app was made to monitor for treatment side effects in patients with cancer. We needed physical assessments customized in certain ways through the code.

We had a project manager that managed their team.

How did you come to work with Onetree?

They were recommended by the company that created the original version of the app. They worked with Onetree in the past on numerous projects that required customization.

We worked with Onetree from March–June 2020.

We went into the project with a clear idea about what we wanted created, and Onetree delivered that within the timeline and budget. Everything worked great, and we received the ideal results.

How did Onetree perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager was responsible for all of the communication. They made sure the right people were doing what they needed to do. At any given time, I had a very clear timeline from the beginning. We stuck to that.

Most of our meetings were through video calls. We also spoke through email. If anything changed on my end or there’s, it was quickly reflected in an updated timeline or a discussion.

The project management and communication were some of their strengths.

I’m not that knowledgeable on the technical side. I think it was a struggle for me to try and work with them when I needed to convey what I needed. I had such little knowledge, and I don’t think they were used to working with clients like that.

UXUI and App Design for Med Tech Company

"The iconography was incredibly clean."

OneTree provided mobile app design and UX work. Their team developed wireframes, icons, and interfaces for the program with a full team of developers.

CEO, Med Tech Startup

OneTree successfully completed the designs. The icons and overall graphics are very professional and sleek. The project management was professional and all tasks were completed at a great pace. Their team really invested in the project and learned all technical specifications.

I’m the CEO and founder of a medical tech app.

What challenge were you trying to address with OneTree?

Their team built a patient-driven portal for the organization of healthcare records.

Being a physician, we wanted someone experienced to translate the vision into a user-friendly interface that could be used by tech-savvy people and younger adults. Their team built a user-friendly interface for the app. They also worked on design. They used InVision to show us the wireframes.

There were five team members. There was a person who set up the contract and negotiated the initial deal. There was also a project manager.

How did you come to work with OneTree?

Our CTO is from Latin America and he had worked with them previously. We loved their work—it was clean and incredibly professional.

The project began in March 2020 and is wrapping up in June 2020.

The work is phenomenal. We were thrilled—the app is very easy to use in regard to our branding. The iconography was incredibly clean. They put lots of time and investment into the research and really understood the project. It’s still in beta testing, but so far, it’s been amazing.

How did OneTree perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management has been professional and they work at a great pace. The timeline was something we were comfortable with. There was more to the project than we anticipated, so we added two weeks. There were some complications with COVID-19 and moving offices as well.

They put so much time and effort into understanding our culture and mission statement. They took the time to learn minute differences and technical specifications.

There’s nothing I’d ask them to improve.

Web Development for eCommerce Footwear Company

"OneTree takes accountability and ownership of their role."

2012 - Ongoing

Over the years, OneTree has provided software development services and e-commerce maintenance support for a shoe brand. They've also built functionalities within the platform to improve customer experience.

Salt Lake City, Utah
CEO, E-Commerce Footwear Company

The team at OneTree's skilled expertise improved business. They deliver quality code work, making websites seamless. Their responsiveness is also noteworthy. Customers can expect a transparent team that regularly asks for feedback and insight.

I’m the CEO and founder of a direct consumer shoe brand.

What challenge were you trying to address with OneTree?

We hired them for software development and website maintenance of our e-commerce platform.

Over the years, we’ve worked with OneTree on specific projects and maintenance support. The team used PHP and Magento.

Throughout our engagement, we’ve probably worked with eight or ten developers.

How did you come to work with OneTree?

I met them at Magento Imagine, a conference for those who are interested in Magento.

We’ve invested more than $250,000.

Our first engagement with OneTree started in 2012.

Since working with OneTree, our business continues to grow. The team keeps improving our tech stack. Our site is performing better and faster. The code is clean, and the site speed is quick. They also helped us develop some custom functionality to create a more tailored customer experience for our visitors.

How did OneTree perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re currently using JIRA. When there’s a critical item, they’ll work overtime or after hours to help get the project done. When they do make a mistake or fall short, their team owns up to it. They’ll share with me their insights and learnings, discussing how they can improve or do things differently.

OneTree takes accountability and ownership of their role. When they’re successful, they take it. When they’re not successful, they take it. They regularly ask for feedback, which I find is rare with other outsourcing companies. They’re very sincere.

They align with our time zone, which makes it easier to collaborate on projects. With offshore work, a lot of it requires working late at night or early in the morning. When it’s the middle of the day, and something goes wrong with the website, it’s tough from a time zone standpoint. It’s nice that OneTree works with that.

They could provide a more strategic eye when there are technological opportunities that could matter to our business. Ultimately, it’s our responsibility, but they’ve improved in that area to make it a great partnership.

App Design for Biometrics & Analytics Solution Company

"There have been no problems with delivery, even with the pandemic."

July 2019-Ongoing

OneTree provided web application design for a biometric authentication solution. Targeting older users, they integrated specific features like larger icons and smooth screen transitions to improve usability.

Washington, DC
Carlos Canales
Founder, Novugens

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the app, highlighting its reliability. OneTree features top-level designers that excel at manifesting a solution from requirements to a final product. Customers can expect a partner in-tune with industry best practices and smooth collaboration skills.

I’m the CEO and founder of Novugens. We provide biometric solutions on mobile devices including face recognition, voice recognition, fingerprint touch ID, and face ID. We work with banks and international institutions to provide them with authentication within their existing apps. We can also develop apps for them.

What challenge were you trying to address with OneTree?

The biggest challenge was with one of our use cases: pensions. Many pension funds have a yearly requirement to make sure the recipients of the pension are still alive. Oftentimes what happens is the recipient is located in a different country, which makes it harder to check.

We were developing an application that would include the biometric piece and a liveliness piece (our name for it) that would enable a retiree who lives in, say Singapore, to download the application, do a two-minute enrollment, and confirm with a motion like blinking or shaking their head to ensure that they’re alive. We needed a mobile app design to cater to that older user base including larger icons, smooth screen transitions.

We heavily rely on Sketch for the design of the different screens, and also on InVision for mockups. It helps us visualize the design and mimic what it will look like in the end.

One of the added-on features we offer is an analytics portal that captures details related to the transactions. It helps pension funds with millions of retirees when they’re being audited. One Tree helped developed a new design for the analytics portal to make it more user-friendly for pension administration officers.

Right now, we’re making some minor changes but my goal is to keep working with 1–2 designers for the next few months. Then, as new clients come in, they’re going to want to change the look and feel and the colors, which we can quickly do but we need someone to design it.

We worked with three people in total. They’re all design related. I’ve had multiple meetings with their CEO and their founder, and having that connection where they ask me what my goals are has been great. It’s made it a very good experience. I mainly deal with developers and designers.

How did you come to work with OneTree?

I’ve worked for the Inter-American Development Bank for many years, as well as The World Bank, so I’ve developed many contacts in international organizations and vendors. When I left The World Bank I wanted to find a company to partner with that would allow me to scale quickly. If I end up with 15–2- customers I can’t hire a whole team here in Washington. If I needed two developers for two months or five developers for six months two one year I could do it with OneTree without dealing with all the payroll work.

We’ve spent around $25,000–$30,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since June 2019.

There have been no problems with delivery, even with the pandemic. Our solutions have to work all the time, any time. It’s our motto. As long as you have a cellphone connection, you can do the authentication within seconds.

How did OneTree perform from a project management standpoint?

I didn’t use them for project management, but there’s no red tape with this company. I can speak with them via phone and email.

Their cost was great compared to the rates for developers here in Washington D.C. Their designers are great, too; they have a feel for what’s needed. They understand the industry and the trends that are coming up so I’m not stuck with a design from the 1980s. There are times when we go back and forth over the best approach, and I like that interaction. They’re not telling me what to do and they listen to why I think something needs to be done differently.

I’ve worked with several people in different capacities. Some are better than others, but they also interact with my team members; the coordination has been good.

We have some rework to do here and there because a design didn’t work too well, but that’s expected. Additionally, I want to move like the speed of light; my customers are waiting for me to deploy certain things. I don’t have time to explain all the details and review all the little things. In some cases, they’ve asked me very specific questions where I wish they would run with it. That’s a personal issue though; it’s not a fault of theirs.

They’re not as competitive as some other sources I have.

Multiple Web Devs for Research & Data Analytics Company

"Offering solutions to unexpected problems, they proactively look for ways to ensure success."

2014 - Ongoing

Serving as the ongoing development partner for an analytics company, OneTree as collaborated with numerous private and public sector clients on technical solutions. They also take on digital marketing efforts.

Ithaca, New York
Yasamin Miller
Founder and Managing Director, YMG

Exhibiting technical mastery across many projects, the team has consistently delivered quality work that exceeded stakeholder expectations. They're focused on their community and growth while showing a strong commitment to their partnerships. They accommodate changes in timelines without issue.

I’m the founder and managing director of a data analytics survey solutions operation.

What challenge were you trying to address with OneTree?

I worked with them extensively because we have many clients in need of web and database development.

I’ve done numerous development projects with them, but the most substantial one was for a federal agency that was in need of a mobile application. They took the lead on app development, social media marketing, and launch.

When we’re in the middle of a project, I’m in contact with 2–3 teammates. They have key project managers that I interface with. The project managers then communicate tasks to the rest of the team.

How did you come to work with OneTree?

Before I started this company, I was working at Cornell University. I had kept in contact with a data scientist who served as a guest speaker for me in the past. When started this company, I reached out to him for help. He introduced me to them.

We spent at least $500,000–$600,000 with them.

We started working with them in September 2014, and our teams have an ongoing collaboration.

The project was so successful that we received three rounds of funding for it. That was largely because of their work. They were able to apply state of the art technologies to their solutions. Clients have been overwhelmingly satisfied. Some have even been collaborating with OneTree for several years.

The quality of their work is outstanding. Accuracy is everything in this field, and they’re consistently able to deliver in that area. They’re professional, easy to work with, and have a great understanding of their industry. That gives me confidence in their skills without much oversight on my part. I’ve referred others to them as well, and they’ve had nothing but positive experiences.

How did OneTree perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Slack for communication, which was excellent. They always had solid timelines and a project manager. Missed deadlines were never their fault. When things haven’t gone as planned, they’ve been very accommodating. They always adjust to our timeline, which is rare for tech companies.

Their breadth of services is quite impressive. They’re able to service both private and public sectors. Offering solutions to unexpected problems, they proactively look for ways to ensure success. It’s hard to find an organization that can clearly translate technical endeavors into something that a non-technical person could understand. They do that exceptionally well.

Their team works hard to develop its own people and give back to their community. That’s something that our clients are always very impressed with. They’re giving their own people opportunities for betterment.

I’d love for them to have physical offices in the area so we could see them more often. However, all of our work can be done virtually, so distance hasn’t been an issue at all. They have the right balance of customer service and technical skills.

Frontend Development for Software Testing Company

"Their commitment to delivering a quality product has been evident throughout the entire process."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

OneTree was hired to develop the front end of a testing automation tool for a software testing service provider. The team used React to build the platform, which prioritizes ease-of-use.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Guillermo Talento
CEO, Software Testing Bureau

A technically skilled team, OneTree has been instrumental in developing the tool. Though it has yet to be launched, internal stakeholders are pleased with the products usability, and are confident about its sales performance. The team’s professionalism and communication make them lasting partners.

I am the CEO of the Software Testing Bureau, a company that offers testing services.

What challenges were you trying to address OneTree?

We hired OneTree for their development services.

We created a tool for test automation, and OneTree was responsible for the frontend development. The main goal of this tool was to allow non-technically-savvy users to perform test automations themselves. To achieve that, we were looking to create a nice, intuitive interface that could be used by anyone. They use React to build the platform.

We’ve worked with about six people in total. There was a senior developer,  a junior developer, and a UX lead. Later on in the project, two more developers and a project manager joined.

How did you come to work with OneTree?

We are both based in Uruguay, so we knew about their company and their experience with building frontend technologies. Further, we’d partnered with them in the past, in a project where we actually had provided them services, so it seemed like a good idea to work with them again, this time as clients.

We’ve spent about $50,000.

We started working with them in March 2019 and the engagement is ongoing.

We are still in the process of finalizing the tool before sending it to market. However, all of the comments we’ve received thus far are great. The product is intuitive and visually-appealing, two of the most important factors to us. When we do launch it, we have great sales expectations. As our sales cycle grows, we expect to continue working with OneTree to provide updates and new developments.

How did OneTree perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve used different communication channels throughout the project. We’ve also had weekly follow up meetings. Our technical teams are in touch every day. So far, everything has gone smoothly.

Their commitment to deliver a quality product has been evident throughout the entire process.

No, there’s nothing that comes to mind. It was a great first experience for us.

eCommerce Development for Eyewear Retail Platform

"They showed their commitment to work with us as a strategic partner more than just a service provider."

2019 - Ongoing

OneTree upgraded the client’s e-commerce website from Magento 1.9 to Magento 2.3. They used an agile methodology.

Bogotá, Colombia
Diego Marino
CEO, Lentesplus

As a result of OneTree’s work, the client saw an increase in their conversion rate and a decrease in the number of technical support tickets. The team was flexible and understanding throughout the project, even when there were unforeseen changes.

Lentesplus is an online eyewear store operating in Colombia, Mexico, Chile, and Argentina. I am the company’s founder and CEO.

What challenges were you trying to address OneTree?

We hired them to upgrade our e-commerce platform.

We were using Magento Open Source 1.9 and we wanted to upgrade to Magento 2.3, the enterprise cloud version. We were looking to improve the functionalities both for our clients and ourselves, and to improve our productivity with this. They used an agile methodology, which was key to the success of the project.

We worked with around eight or nine people.

How did you come to work with OneTree?

We had a selection process where we interviewed companies that were recommended by Magento, and OneTree was among them. They ended up being the ones selected in the process because of their transparency.

We felt that we were able to communicate better with them than with other agencies. We were also impressed with their flexibility. They were more willing to adapt to our needs and to the particularities of the project.

We’ve invested around $250,000 USD.

We started working with them in November 2018, and we continue working with them on an ongoing basis.

Our conversion rate passed from 1.2 to 3.5 immediately after the project was implemented. Additionally, the number of tickets received by our client service center decreased by 40%, which means that the improvements in the platform allowed our clients to sort everything out by themselves.

How did OneTree perform from a project management standpoint?

At some point in the project we had to change the methodology, but that was caused by inner changes in our company which forced us to delay the project. They were very flexible and understanding. They showed their commitment to work with us as a strategic partner more than just a service provider.

Something that stands out about them is their communication. It’s always is fluid and transparent. That is very relevant when you have projects this big. Working them gave me peace of mind.

For very specific projects, they are short on developers. For example, we would like to implement PWA into our platform and they might not have enough developers with expertise in this technology.