digital marketing, content, and PR strategies

Millennium Agency is a New Hampshire and Boston-based digital marketing, content/social, and PR firm with over 20 years of experience in capturing market share and accelerating growth for clients. Nationally recognized as a women-owned business (WBE and WOSB certified) and certified Google AdWords, Bing, SharpSpring and HubSpot Partner, the firm works with consumer, technology, healthcare, higher education and manufacturing clients.

Budget-conscious and fully committed to getting you the most for your money, Millennium has  experience maximizing budgets in both regional and national markets. We do the research and have the knowledge to create the right marketing mix, so you don’t have to guess. We believe in marketing that is clear, concise, and visually attractive.

For more information, call us at 877-873-7445 or visit www.mill.agency. We can also be found on Twitter (@MillAgency), Facebook (MillAgency), and LinkedIn.

1996

Eversource

TJMaxx

7-11 Stores

AAA

Consumer, healthcare, technology, higher ed and manufacturing

Digital Marketing for Automotive Service Center

"Although the agency needed to understand us better, I realize that we are a tough business."

Nov. 2014 - Dec. 2016

Millennium developed a responsive site and content meant to further differentiate the brand. Business cards, print ads, and custom t-shirts were also produced in an effort to reinforce brand image.

Boston Metro Area
General Manager, Automotive Service Center

Outcomes were positive but only achievable through active customer involvement, which was unexpected and undesirable. Millennium's inability to succeed independently originated from an insufficient understanding of client products and services.

I am general manager for a truck and automobile service company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Millennium Agency?

We needed marketing solutions for advertisements.

They built the website and created ad and marketing materials needed for advertising. The team created some print-based products but focused on our digital presence. We asked for overall efficacy for the website design; it had to accommodate drivers needing immediate break-down service. The agency created minimal content, but rather put online the materials I gave them. As a result, we were highly involved in the design.

I worked with a few key team members from the agency. We met every 3 to 4 weeks, depending on my availability.

How did you come to work with Millennium Agency?

I had no part in the selection because the relationship existed prior to my arrival.

We spent approximately $30,000 per year.

I ended their contract after three years. They worked on a per diem basis near the end, at which point I couldn’t invest more time with them.

The team had difficulty understanding our business, which affected their performance. They may have had other automotive clients, but we are a unique business in that industry and other clients’ needs don’t translate to ours. I had to teach them about our business more than I expected to make the team effective. That being said, close collaboration let us achieve positive results.

How did Millennium Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They were average. The results were acceptable and we were happy with them, but the process was not easy. I had to drive the processes forward while hoping they would exercise greater independence. They struggled to stay ahead of goals and set objectives.

What did they do well?

I found them responsive and timely with deadlines. I don’t have experience with other providers, however,  which makes a meaningful comparison difficult.

What should they do differently?

Their follow-through needs improvement. The results were fine despite the difficult process to achieve those objectives. Their dependence on my guidance conflicted with my limited availability. That issue pushed me to cancel their services.

Although the agency needed to understand us better, I realize that we are a tough business. I can’t say that anybody would do better than they did.

Invest time to confirm that vendords truly understand the products, services, and objectives.

Overall Score I wish they understood our business and done more without my involvement.
    I don't recall any huge misses or drops. Generally, they were responsive.
    We underutilized their services. I don’t want to blame them but it’s why we canceled the contract.
    I felt the burden was on me. I had to brainstorm and feed them ideas.
    I recommend them as an option, but companies should make their own decisions.

Branding & Ad Strategy for Large Hospital

“[T]hey're personable, accessible, and they work side-by-side to become an extension of your team.”

June 2002 - June 2015

Millennium Agency took on a 9-year-long marketing management position, including rebranding, logo creation, and website design. Their high-quality work eventually led to a retainer contract.

Plymouth, New Hampshire
Michele Hutchins
Director of Marketing, Speare Memorial Hospital

Due to Millennium Agency, brand awareness and engagement improved. An award-winning campaign increased appointments scheduled by 10%, and the redesigned site gained traffic and more time spent on each page. Social media and other ads resulted in a respected and recognized brand in the community.

I was the director of community relations at Speare Memorial Hospital, a small 25-bed critical access hospital.

What challenge were you trying to address with Millennium Agency?

The hospital needed a partner to help with all aspects of marketing: publication, concept and design, various integrated communication campaigns, etc.

One of the first projects was a new logo and branding campaign. The previous director had started the work, but neither the CEO or board had been happy with the results. Linda Fanaras [Founder] and I worked together and were able to articulate what the CEO and board envisioned the role of the hospital in the community to be. About six months later, a whole new logo and rebranding campaign launched and was embraced by the entire hospital and the greater Plymouth community.

From there, Millennium Agency helped with print marketing, the annual report, radio spots, TV ads, redesigning the website, digital ad campaigns, YouTube videos, and social media enhancement. We worked with them for nine years, so the communication norms changed, but Millennium Agency expertly managed it. At first, we only hired them for individual projects, but after the site redesign, we put them on retainer to more cohesively manage all our creative projects.

My primary contact was my account rep, which changed a few times, but I also had a direct line of communication with Linda. Whenever we worked on a major project, I would get together with my account rep, the art director, and a digital media coordinator. I had access to everybody, and I could call any of them at any time.

How did you come to work with Millennium Agency?

I worked with Millennium Agency at my previous job, and when I moved to the hospital, they were already partnered together. By then, I had a great working relationship with Linda and her team, so we were able to improve Speare Memorial Hospital’s position in the marketplace through aggressive and updated integrated marketing efforts right away.

We spent about $6,000 a month, so around $650,000 over a nine-year period.

I worked with Millennium Agency from June 2002 until June 2015.

One campaign we did, “Jumping to New Heights,” won several awards. It was a kickoff campaign to promote the orthopedics practice, and it resulted in a 10% increase in the number of appointments scheduled over a couple of months.

When the new site launched, we saw increased visits and time spent on it, and that happened again when we integrated videos into our campaign ads. Social media brought in a lot of traffic, as well.

Over the nine years, we elevated the Speare Memorial Hospital’s brand and position in the marketplace. It became more visible and recognizable and came a long way in how it presented itself to the public. Through our work with Millennium Agency, the hospital became a much more prominent player in the community in terms of health promotion and prevention.

How did Millennium Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

Everyone was always accessible. If I called or emailed, I usually heard back within a day. They met deadlines and kept to a tight schedule.

They certainly have the talent and the ability. They're not the largest agency around, but they're personable, accessible, and they work side-by-side to become an extension of your team. They integrate themselves into your business and take your goals seriously.

Nothing comes to mind.

Advice for potential customers?

They’ll be a true partner, so they’ll want to hear your ideas and decide, together, the best approach to reach your target audience. Be ready to work with them hand-in-hand.

Overall Score It was very enjoyable.
    They never missed a deadline.
    We got value for every dollar.
    They always met or surpassed my expectations.
    I've already done so many times.