Mobile, Web, Software & SEO Experts

GOLD VERIFIED

KitelyTech is a full service technology consulting, design & development firm with offices in downtown Chicago, New York City, Atlanta, Detroit, Austin, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Miami. KitelyTech was started as a company to set industry standards: a full-service technology firm setting trends in web design, web development, branding, mobile application development, custom software, and SEO services.

KitelyTech was founded on the principles most lacking in its competitors and the industry at large – transparency, customer service, efficient execution, organization – which remain at the foundation of our business today. Since its inception in 2009, KitelyTech has become a nationally-ranked development powerhouse, completing projects in verticals ranging from oil and gas to healthcare to CPG and beyond. In addition to technological acumen, our management team is truly positioned to set clients up for success with their wide array of business experiences in both startups and established corporate cultures.

Chicago, IL
  • 200 S Biscayne Blvd, Floor 20
    Miami, FL 33131

Clients ranging from Startups & SMB's to Fortune 500's

iOS App Dev & Design for Professional Networking Co

“Based on my experience testing and using the app, I think KitelyTech has done a great job.”

July 2019 - Aug. 2020

KitelyTech designed and developed an iOS mobile app from scratch that allows users to store and exchange business cards. The team used sketches provided by stakeholders and also offered their own insights.

William Galant
Founder, Rollatech

KitelyTech satisfied the requirements by translating an idea into a tangible product that has garnered high praise from early users. The team responded quickly to any questions or requests, and they proved to be readily accessible at any time of the day. Their communication set them apart.

A friend and I started creating an app about a year ago with the idea of improving the digital business card. We’re trying to find the quickest way to both exchange and store information. Most business card apps right now are centered around storage, and we’re trying to figure out a way that exchange can happen as seamlessly as a paper business card. We’re focusing on getting information from one person to another as quickly and efficiently as possible.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

My partner and I were both business students, and we had no knowledge of coding, software development, or app development. We needed a team to help us bring our idea to life.

KitelyTech built our iOS mobile app from scratch. We gave them a bunch of our sketches as well as written details of our ideas. We were pretty clear as to what we wanted at the beginning, but as we started talking to them, they had a lot of good feedback and different ideas. While the end product is very similar to the sketches and mockups we gave them, there were definitely some deviations that we talked through, and that worked out great.

We mostly collaborated with one person. However, during the design phase, we spoke with another person as well.

They were extremely good at communicating back and forth with us; we were able to email or text them, and they’d answer at almost all hours of the day.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

My partner’s friend had his app built by them, and he’d had a great experience. While we were looking, KitelyTech’s name came up. We did some more due diligence on them, and we decided that it would make sense to go with them.

Our work together began in July or August 2019, and they’re wrapping up this month, August 2020. Development is done. We just uploaded it to TestFlight, so we’re still talking to them regarding small things that come up.

The app just went up on TestFlight a week or two ago, and we’ve had a few people use it there. They’ve said that they really like the app and that it’s not buggy. Based on my experience testing and using the app, I think KitelyTech has done a great job. Whenever there were issues, whether it was with development or things we realized needed changing, they were super responsive and able to fix those issues quickly.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

In terms of project management, I thought they did a fantastic job. There were several times when we reached out with a wide range of requests or questions, and they got back to us with answers pretty quickly. The whole speed of the project was good. It slowed down toward the end a bit, but I think that was mostly due to our communication slowing down and COVID-19.

Overall, the communication is what really impressed me. We were able to work with them whenever we needed, and they answered all of our calls, emails, and texts pretty much right away. That was extremely helpful to us.

I don’t have much criticism. They gave us a major discount because we were young and right out of college, and they were interested in working with us. Once we paid off the phases in the set contract, they did charge us full price for any additional tweaks we wanted to make. It was a little expensive, but I honestly don’t know what the market rate is.

Work with them — they’re great. Keep up communication, because they’re very good with that. Be sure to clearly define early on what you want out of it and how much it’s going to be; I got the sense that if it wasn’t as clearly defined and things changed more, the price probably would’ve increased.

Web Dev & Design & SEO for Law Firm

"Between their availability, reputation, and track record, I couldn’t have asked for a better partner."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

KitelyTech executed front- and backend development of a website to establish a digital presence for a law firm. They built a logo and brand collateral. To support visibility, they implemented SEO campaigns.

James Glenn
Attorney & Owner, JR Glenn Law

KitelyTech delivered a website that captures the attention of the target audience that, in addition to effective SEO initiatives, successfully secures new clients and generates revenue. The team’s flexibility and proactivity facilitated seamless collaboration. Their professionalism was notable.

I’m the owner of JR Glenn Law.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

There are well over 100,000 lawyers in the state of Illinois. I’m in Chicago where there are a number of solo practitioners and small firms. We wanted to differentiate ourselves and increase our recognition. We needed to advertise and market the firm cost-effectively to gain the most return on our investment.

KitelyTech’s team designed and developed my website to stand out in the market. Their team invested time in ideating on the design. We went through the designs and graphics that would be the most appealing as well as how to write different narratives about my services. They then created mockups that I reviewed to ensure the website reflected my firm. Their team also created business cards and designed a logo to build my brand.

They worked on building my SEO campaigns to make sure that my name appeared when people searched for certain legal services in Chicago. Their team also showed me how to use different tools to be self-sufficient.

I worked with more than one person as KitelyTech truly took a team approach to the project. At one point I spoke with their CEO, so everyone was involved in helping me succeed.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

I decided to work with them based on their industry reputation. As soon as I talked with one of their team members, their zest and passion became evident. I saw the excellence that their team brought to the table.

I receive e-mail blasts from companies with different action items. KitelyTech doesn’t do that because business comes to them. That made me respect them even more.

They were appropriately priced, if not underpriced for the value their team delivered.

Our partnership began when I opened my firm in August 2017, and it’s ongoing. When I need it, KitelyTech provides help. I’m not shy about reaching out to them when I have a question. To this day, they continue to make sure that I have what I need to be successful.

The website’s professional, eye-catching, and informative. Users not only comment on the website but also enjoy and share my articles. Many clients report finding my firm via the website. Headhunters also called to ask if I wanted to join their firm and bring my client book. The amount of feedback and resources I receive from all angles has been incredible. Across the board, everyone’s talking about my firm. KitelyTech's work has been lucrative for me.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

We used project management platforms and communicated through phone and e-mail. Their team was receptive to my preferences and made sure to communicate accordingly. They were respectful of my time and made the process user friendly.

We set dates, and KitelyTech kept moving forward. If I slowed the process down, they politely reminded me of our goals. When we reached certain benchmarks, their team made sure that I was happy with their work.

I gave them free rein, and they were good about coming back to me for direction. We also had touchpoints along the way, and their team asked for my input.

Between their availability, reputation, and track record, I couldn’t have asked for a better partner. They’re a class-act organization. I can’t say enough about their team. They’re knowledgeable and professional. Whenever I talked with one of their team members, they always knew all of the project details. I appreciated the entire team's involvement.

Honestly, I don’t think so. Their team could’ve tried to make more money on the project but didn’t. That’s one of their value-adds; they’re effective.

Be absolutely open and honest with them about what you want to accomplish. They’ll tell you what’s possible and find a way to help you meet your goals. They thrive on open communication, which facilitates their ability to go above and beyond your expectations.

They didn’t bill me enough for the quality of their work.
    I can’t say enough good things about them.

MVP Mobile App Dev & UI/UX Design for Networking Startup

"They put the product out there in adherence to AWS best practices."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

KitelyTech worked from some existing mockups and created new ones to develop an MVP mobile app. The iOS prototype they built is for an upcoming networking app, and they may also build an Android version.

Billerica, Massachusetts
Co-Founder, Networking Startup

KitelyTech’s MVP design has received positive feedback. The team’s project management was smooth, and they were very supportive throughout the process. They’ve been willing to address any issues that have arisen, and their ability to provide support into the deployment stage sets them apart.

My friend and I are pursuing an idea that we worked on through an accelerator program at the university we attended. We’re trying to help people with a few elements of networking, which involves ensuring that connections that people make in the real world make it to the digital world.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

Our team is good at iteration and conducting research, so we were able to learn some prototyping tools to create mockups. However, when it came to the actual development, we wanted to work with a team of professionals to get our idea off the ground.

KitelyTech developed an MVP mobile app for iOS. We had mockups of all of the frames that we wanted, but we gave the team flexibility when it came to certain elements such as the color scheme.

There were a few screens that we didn’t anticipate needing to mockup, so they created those for us. The app hasn’t launched yet, but they are working under the impression that we will launch the app in the App Store. If we get good feedback on it, we might build out an Android version.

We work primarily with Katie (Account Director). We’ve also worked with a UX designer and, during the vetting process, their account executive team.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

A friend of mine, who is not a technical person, had worked with KitelyTech.

We began working with them in November 2019. Our engagement is in a fluid state, so if we get good feedback, we will reengage them to build out the product.

My family thinks the design looks good.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

Katie was very helpful, and she guided us through the process. Their UX designer was also great. Overall, project management was very smooth.

We’ve heard that KitelyTech helps you through the entire deployment project, which is very helpful for a business-minded team. They put the product out there in adherence to AWS best practices, which is great.

There was one challenge during our process, which was that the app was going to be configured in a way that we thought was a bit risky from a legal standpoint based on conversations with our mentors.

I was surprised that KitelyTech hadn’t done that vetting on their end, but, ultimately, when we brought our concern to them, they made the change at no extra charge.

KitelyTech is a good company to work with, but don’t just throw the project at them and come back months later; keep working with them throughout the process.

Web Dev & Social Media Marketing for Security Company

"Their experience stands out to us."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

KitelyTech managed full stack development of a website to modernize a web presence for a security network company. They created content and direct social media marketing campaigns to improve online visibility.

Northlake, Illinois
Antonio Foley
Director of Sales, Video and Sound Service, Inc.

KitelyTech delivered a superior website and effective social media initiatives that successfully increased the number of website visitors. The team is knowledgeable and provides insight into processes, which guides the engagement. They are flexible and produce valuable deliverables.

I’m the director of sales for a full-service security contractor. We design, install, and maintain enterprise security networks. We also perform integrations that allow for communication between multiple systems.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

We’re an older, small shop. Our virtual presentation wasn't up to date including our website and social media profiles. We started an initiative to update ourselves.

KitelyTech built a new website. Per our direction, their team kept the content from our original site but also created new content. They produced better visuals for the site. Their team created content to helps us be more present on social media. They focus on organic social media campaigns too.

We work with 3–4 people from KitelyTech.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

I went on Google and looked at companies' reviews. I wrote down 10 names and called each one. We had a round of interviews with five different agencies. That’s how we decided on KitelyTech. Their team was in tune with our goals, so we felt comfortable with them. They took control of the process and guided us, which helped.

We’ve spent $27,000 on their services so far.

We started working together in February 2019 and it’s an ongoing project. There have been interruptions, but they’ve been helpful and patient throughout the entire process.

We started to attract unique visitors to our website organically. We have a newfound confidence in sharing our website. As a result of this confidence, we put a social media plan in place. We’re able to share and explore new areas that we wouldn't have prior to our engagement with KitelyTech.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team’s great and coaches us through the projects. Most of the hiccups are on our end. They’ve been patient and professional the whole time.

Their experience stands out to us. We pay a little more for quality, but we have the peace of mind knowing that the cost isn’t jacked up. We pay for what we get.

No, I don’t know what else they could do.

Know what you want ahead of time. Part of the problem was that we didn’t know enough. At first, KitelyTech had a hard time trying to understand where we wanted to go. As long as there’s a plan in place, they can take it from there.

There were a couple of times when a few weeks passed and I didn’t hear from them. I try not to let 10 business days to go by without following up.
    I have no problem with the cost. It was reasonable.
    They’re about as good as it gets. I struggle to understand the metrics. They have training videos, but I prefer face-to-face training.

iOS App Dev for Job Application Startup

"They not only satisfied my needs but went above and beyond."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

KitelyTech managed full stack development of web and iOS apps for a job application platform. They built features including chat functions and an admin panel. They adapted a website to integrate with the app.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Gavin Scanlon
Founder, JobTie

KitelyTech delivered an impressive platform that exceeded the expectations of internal stakeholders. The team was accessible and ensured transparency by offering tools that provided visibility into the product’s progress. Their flexibility and responsiveness enable continued collaboration.

I’m the founder and CEO of a startup called JobTie. We created an app that streamlined the job application process, which I found to be tedious. Users upload their resumes and information so that they can swipe to apply to jobs that companies posted.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

I don’t know a ton about programming, so I needed a partner to build the app.

KitelyTech built an app for iOS because my target market’s college students who mostly have iPhones. Their team could’ve made the app for Android too, but the product wouldn’t have worked as well.

They created wireframes that I approved and then built the platform, which included an admin panel. Their team edited the website that I built, enabling it to host the admin panel. They also built a web app.

I spoke with a salesperson initially and then worked with a project manager who remained throughout the whole project.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

I searched for app developers in Charlotte, North Carolina, which is where I’m located. They were one of the companies that popped up. Their team sounded great on the phone and leading up to the contract. Unlike other companies, they were flexible with my limited budget. Their team had good reviews online and previous work on their website.

The project cost $50,000.

We started working together in April 2019 and it’s an ongoing collaboration.

KitelyTech made the platform happen. Without them, I wouldn’t have been able to have an app. I’m more than satisfied with the quality of their work.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated via phone calls, emails, and texts. When we went through the app, we used Google Hangouts. They used a tool that allowed me to preview the app as it was being built. I made comments and edits on the product that the project manager brought back to her team to fix.

Their project manager was fantastic and stayed on top of the project. I’ve reached out to her on weekends and she’s gotten back to me within ten minutes. She kept me in the loop perfectly and showed updates weekly.

I’ve heard people complain about their experiences with developers, especially around the service provider's communication and effort levels. KitelyTech was able to go above and beyond. I wanted changes to the product in the middle of development, which their team made while staying within my budget. They not only satisfied my needs but went above and beyond.

No, I don’t think so.

Stay involved on your end. Pay your invoice on time because if you don’t, they have to put the project on pause. Stay on top of the tasks that they asked you to do. If you take a couple of weeks to get those done, it will extend the project.

Web Dev & Design for Photography Company

"The site response and reach are far better than we expected."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

KitelyTech developed and designed an existing website to promote a photo book while raising awareness. The team added new features and functionalities to the platform.

Owner, Photography Company

The team at KitelyTech exceeded expectations, delivering a professional and quality service. The website is performing well with an increase in responses and reach. Their efficient workflow complemented their professional management style.

I’m a nature photographer that specializes in bird photography.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

I published a book with the American Bird Conservancy and hired KitelyTech to revamp my website to promote the book. My idea was to create an engaging website to raise awareness of the conservation and need to preserve birds and their environment.

I presented KitelyTech with an initial design, and it evolved throughout the engagement. Their team updated my existing website with additional functionalities. The subject matter was the only matter that stayed the same within the platform. The site now has a globe, search filters, information on birds, and a section on bird calls.

Katie (Account Director, KitelyTech) is my primary contact.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

One of my staff members researched companies, maybe even looking at Clutch reviews. She presented me with a handful of appropriate choices. Through our research and talking to different web developers, we decided on KitelyTech.

The development work cost between $50,000–$100,000.

Our engagement with KitelyTech started in February 2019.

The site response and reach are far better than we expected.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

Web development can be tricky. Compared to the problems I’ve had with web developers in the past, KitelyTech was excellent.

Companies are only as good as their people. Katie is excellent to work with.

It’s an ongoing process to keep on top of something while doing an excellent job. Everyone can do a little better, that also goes for myself.

I have never worked with a professional company of this size, so I have nothing to compare them to.

Software Development for Product Design Company

“They’re able to serve as a one-stop software development shop.”

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

KitelyTech developed three interrelated software solutions designed to be compatible with an amusement technology company’s existing hardware. They also created a logo and pitch deck for the deliverables.

Memphis, Tennessee
CEO, Emotional Ideas, LLC.

While still in the production phase, the team impressed with their devotion and genuine desire to be part of the project. They’ve been able to propel the development forward with their positive energy and willingness to collaborate with external partners. All team members were available when needed.

I’m the founder and CEO of Emotional Ideas, LLC. We’re a product design company in the amusement technology space.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

I needed to create a software program that was compatible with my hardware device.

We needed to develop a software platform for go-carts. The solution was based on three different modules: a mobile application, software that could communicate with the existing hardware, and a management system that could control both systems. We needed all three to effectively manage our one product. Right now, we’re in the first phase of development with their team.

That’s involved nailing down requirements in an SRS document, creating wireframes, and figuring out workflow processes. They also designed a logo and a pitch deck for us. Next, we’ll move into the design stage.

We worked with about 5–6 of their teammates. That included Jordyn (Creative Director, KitelyTech) who handled the pitch deck and logo, Brendan (Business Development, KitelyTech) who is my main point of contact, and Jason (CEO, KitelyTech) who has checked in to make sure everything is running smoothly.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

We found them by utilizing Google and researching reviews on potential vendors. I saw that they were nominated as one of the best software companies in the country and had an impressive portfolio of past clients. Based on that, I knew they could do the job.

We’ve spent about $20,000.

The project started in December 2018, and the work is ongoing.

Our team is impressed with the work they’ve completed so far. Their efficiency and enthusiasm are commendable. We’re an amusement technology company, so we feed off of people’s positive energy as it relates to entertainment and technology. Sometimes skill can only take a team so far, and enthusiasm is needed to really get a project off the ground. They brought that enthusiasm and passion that was essential to the project.

We have a separate hardware company also working on this project. KitelyTech been able to collaborate with them to get the job done. It’s been all hands on deck.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager communicates efficiently over Slack, call, or text. The CEO made himself open to help in any way possible. He’s invested in the development of this project, wanting to ensure a professional end product.

They’re able to serve as a one-stop software development shop. From logos to software to design and graphics, they can offer everything.

Communication could always be better, but I’m a different breed when it comes to communicating. They did an excellent job with it, but it’s important to tailor your communication style to your customers. Some people like texts and others like calls, for instance.

Be upfront with your desires for the project without being vague. Give them a clear description of what you need.

Overall Score I will be continuing this journey with them and wouldn’t if they were less than great.
    At times, we got held up for the sake of QA.
    They provided me with a scholarship discount when they didn’t need to.
    It’s hard to achieve a perfect score.
    This is a complex project, and they’ve handled it well.

Web and Mobile App Dev for Corporate Health Tech Startup

“One of the things they have been great about is getting back to me so quickly.”

Jan. - Apr. 2018

KitelyTech built the minimum viable product (MVP) for a health and wellness startup. They developed the mobile app for Android and iOS for employees and a web dashboard for employers.

Owner, Corporate Health Tech Startup

The MVP is complete and garnering positive user feedback. KitelyTech offered invaluable expertise in entrepreneurial development, which eased and expedited the process. They helped navigate complex issues and delivered high-quality work with exceptional customer service.

I’m the CEO and founder of a health technology startup in the corporate health and wellness space. Our platform allows employers and insurers to directly incentivize people to exercise.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

I'm a sole founder without a technical background. I didn’t have the skill set to build the MVP of our product, and I was looking for mobile and web app development for our platform.

They handled all of the technical and engineering aspects of getting the first build of the MVP to market. It is a mobile app for employees as well as a web dashboard for the employer. They developed the mobile app for Android and iOS in addition to the web dashboard.

I had done rudimentary sketches for fundraising purposes and shared those with them. They turned those into wireframes and offered their feedback and suggestions on changes to be made.

We needed to get users’ health data from their Apple Health or Google Fit account from their smartwatch or phone to the app and web portal, which was the most critical part of it. They were able to help with issues that arose when dealing with that data coming from multiple devices and sources and the differences between how Apple and Google treat those forms of data. Initially, it seemed like a pretty simple thing, but it turned out that it was quite complex and there were some issues with it. They helped me navigate that easily.

Katie (Account Director, KitelyTech) was the project manager and my main point of contact, and she was great. Jason (CEO, KitelyTech) was helpful with general business and strategic advice. Given that he and Katie are both entrepreneurs, they were able to see things from my perspective. They offered guidance where I may have made mistakes had they not seen what I was going through several times beforehand.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

I met one of their salespeople at a tech event in Chicago.

We worked together from January–April 2018. They have been helping me with new features, but the MVP is up and running.

They have been great. I am tremendously happy with working with them and with the quality of the work. The initial user feedback has been extremely positive, which is far better than what an MVP of a product needs to be. There have been minimal issues. It’s much better than I could’ve built with a few in-house developers over the same timeframe. I’m happy with the results.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the things they have been great about is getting back to me so quickly. Katie was always available when I needed her, even on the weekends, and was generally very understanding. She always had everything under control and I never had to remind her twice about anything. She always gets back to me, and usually, they were waiting on a response from me. Jason explained things to me and was available when I needed him as well. I haven’t had to track them down. It was good having a dedicated point of contact the entire time who I was able to get a hold of.

They have that entrepreneurial background, which is one of their value-adds. A lot of the other development firms I talked to don’t have that experience.

I have already referred them.

E-Commerce Web Dev for Recreational Experience Company

"The feedback has been incredible ... [the website] is elegant and simple."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

KitelyTech built a website and mobile site, featuring its e-commerce component as well as the overall look and feel.

Preisdent, The Global Collaborations Group (DBA @9)

The finalized site has received a huge range of positive feedback from large companies, particularly for its design, user flows, and overall build. The team built an excellent site that required few tweaks, communicated effectively, and were responsive, dedicated listeners.

I'm the president and CEO of The Global Collaboration Group (@9), a business focused on providing exclusive experiences, products, and services. We collect money off of each participant involved in an experience.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

We needed help with our website and mobile site.

They helped us build our website and the mobile site. Eventually, they will also do our application, but for the website and mobile site, we’re just wrapping up some of the e-commerce portions. They worked from images to buildout the wireframes. The way in which the website has been laid out adhered to our vision. They focused on its overall look, and how things were placed. They also worked on the e-commerce piece.

We had four people involved, including the COO and the CEO, who made sure that everything was staying on-pace. They were involved from an oversight point of view and as consulting partners when we needed a new approach. The COO had more of a direct involvement.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

We started off doing a lot of research online and narrowed it down to three or four companies. Theirs was one of them, and I had a chance to talk to Jason (CEO, KitelyTech) directly and thought that he provided some of the best answers. Anything can be challenging, but he did the best job of listening to exactly what we were trying to get done. The decision was also based on my research, the feedback I received, and what they told me they could do.

We began in December 2017 and really got everything going in February.

We represent some billion-dollar companies on the site and they've been very pleased with how it looks. If they weren’t happy with the way their product was going to be represented, we wouldn't have a business. The feedback has been incredible. We have a deal with a Swiss watch company who thought that the site was incredible. KitelyTech had to get it right, and they did. Together, we put a lot of time into the images, the way it’s built, and the way it flows. We’ve been told that it’s elegant and simple.

As with anything else, we have to make tweaks, but KitelyTech got it close to where it needed to be right out of the gate. That was a big deal to me. It’s not about the money, it’s about getting it right. It costs me more money if they do it wrong.

We met with a venture capital firm in Indianapolis a week ago. We went through the process with them, putting some things together to a committee and see if we could raise some money. They asked us which company made our site, and I told them the provider wasn’t from the city. They were surprised about the high quality, and thought that they might have missed a local company that could work at that level.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

There haven’t been any issues with communication. Some of this may be because I’ve had a chance to talk to their CEO. Whether it was him or the others, they’ve been very responsive. The other people in the team operate just like the CEO.

I always look at how individuals are listening, and they listen and respond well. Had I had a bad experience, I would mention it. There are always things that people can improve on, but nothing really stands out with KitelyTech. and I would give them a high rating. They’ve done great by me and my company by doing what they said they were going to do. They put together a nice site.

They’re high on my list, with what they’ve done.

Overall Score It’s been a great experience for me. The results have been good.
    We had a few timing issues with one of our first contacts, but we worked them out quickly.
    They’ve done a lot of work, possibly more than anticipated. I got my money’s worth.
    I would refer them in a heartbeat.

Custom Software Application for Fuel Transport Company

"Their solution is going to give us the ability to manage our operations in real-time."

July 2017 - Ongoing

KitelyTech developed and designed a custom software application to manage logistics of a trucking fleet. Key features include tracking fuel stations and customer locations, and a companion mobile app.

Lockport, Illinois
Jim McMahon
Owner, J.P. McMahon Petro-Chem Transport Group

Once implemented, the solution is expected to reduce hands-on management time by 40%. Despite delays not of their own making, KitelyTech keeps the project moving (and on budget) through constant communication, providing critical status updates throughout the engagement.

I own J.P. McMahon Transport, a fuel hauler based out of Illinois. We operate 40 tractors and 50 tankers, and we pick up fuel at 17–18 terminals in the Chicago area and northern Indiana.

What challenge were you trying to address with KitelyTech?

There's a tremendous amount of paperwork in our industry. Every time a driver goes to a terminal, which could be up to 8 times a day, he gets a BOL (bill of lading) for every load. We also try to keep track of where our driver is throughout the day. We had a proprietary software that was written in a much older PHP code. It's extremely slow and has a lot of limitations. It won’t be able to handle our workload in about 12 months.

They started by looking at our existing code in order to determine how they can improve our speed. Our main dispatch page monitors every driver, truck, and load that we deliver. Every time we made a change on that page, it took a very long time to reload. They've been able to write the code so that items are refreshed on the page on an individual basis, which speeds things up considerably. This software does everything for us: assigns loads to the drivers, pays the drivers, and has a database for all the stations or customers we service. It's a clearinghouse for all of those services in one place. There’s also a mobile application. Every driver is issued an iPad and they communicate on it through a web-based portal. The goal is to have everything as close to real-time as possible.

I primarily deal with Ronak (COO, KitelyTech) as the lead code writer. I felt it was important to just have one contact. He then sends out the work orders to a group of 5–7 coders that are working on my program. The CEO also regularly checks in throughout the process.

How did you come to work with KitelyTech?

We did an online search and considered four companies. We chose KitelyTech because their presentation was very professional, and they really listened to what I had to say.

The engagement started in July 2017 and work is ongoing. The project has gone past its original timeframe but the delay is on my end.

It's all built, but there's a couple of things on my end holding up the completion of the mobile app. Once it’s implemented, it's going to cut down on the amount of hours my dispatchers have to spend using the software by at least 40%. That's huge. I’m really excited about all of the additional features that they were able to give me that I currently don't have. Their solution is going to give us the ability to manage our operations in real-time, which is very important.

How did KitelyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

The real problem is that they can't get a hold of me because I get pulled in many different directions. Taking time to speak with Ronak often gets sidetracked. He calls me multiple times a week and keeps trying even when I don’t respond. When I do give him the time and response he needs, the work gets done fast. It's amazing. They do a great job.

Ronak is a very nice guy and has a great disposition. He doesn’t let anything bother him, he just keeps plugging along. I think that's one of the reasons why they're so successful.

Overall Score They did everything they said they would, and more.

GOLD VERIFIED