Ethical development of keen web & mobile apps.

A team of Guru developers. We specialise in web & mobile development. Our wide expertise medicine, e-commerce, agriculture, business consulting, reporting systems, b2b, psychology and catering allows us to build client oriented interactive applications that have high retention rate. We have even worked with big clients like NOKIA.

L'viv, Ukraine
  • Keenethics
    Lytvynenka St, 3
    L'viv 79000
    Ukraine

Startups and businesses who are willing to be able to reach their clients, build loyalty programs, deliver content, increase retention, carry out payments, market a product and much more custom functionalities that we are willing to tailor for your success. We have achieved some of our clients getting past the MVP stage to the investment and even a second round of investment. We have helped some other clients acquire more than 4000 users.

Outsourced Dev for Tech Strategy Consultancy

"They did a nice job of taking interest and ownership of the work that they did."

Aug. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Keenethics supplemented additional resources for the MeteorJS framework, integrating a payment processing functionality into an app. The team also used HTML, CSS, NodeJS, and MongoDB technologies.

Manchester, New Hampshire
CTO

Keenethics was reliable in meeting tight deadlines, delivering high quality work on time and within budget. They offered a broad range of proficiency and skills as well as friendly, personable customer service. They had no difficulty in meeting requirements and provided additional support as needed.

I’m the chief technology officer (CTO) at a technology consulting and strategy firm. We develop custom software and implement custom solutions for our clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Keenethics?

We were looking for supplemental additional resources in the MeteorJS framework, which is a JavaScript web application framework.

Keenethics helped integrate Stripe, a payment processing application. Stripe was integrated to one of our applications that we were building to allow for customers to subscribe to paid software. They helped implement that functionality within our application

The technologies that Keenethics used were primarily MeatorJS, HTML, and CSS. There was also NodeJS and MongoDB.

I’ve interacted with a total of three individuals.

How did you come to work with Keenethics?

We found Keenethics through a third-party freelancer network. We were considering three companies in total before deciding on going with Keenethics.

We’ve invested between $10,000 to $50,000.

I’ve been working with Keenethics for off and on for just about a year. We started working August 2016 and the project was finished February 2017.

The quality of work was good. We relied on Keenethics to make sure that we were able to meet some of our tighter schedules. They were able to complete things on time and on budget which was good. The proficiency and skills that Keenethics has were good. I was overall pleased with everything that they did.

How did Keenethics perform from a project management standpoint?

It wasn’t really a complex large project that required heavy project management. We were able to give them the requirements and they were able to manage communication back to us. Any necessary follow-ups were completed using e-mail and Skype.

For an offshore resource, they were very friendly and personable. They did a nice job of taking interest and ownership of the work that they did. They also provided additional support when we have a few issues. Overall, Keenethics’ personal touch was a highlight for me.

Web Dev for E-commerce Marketing Platform

"This is what is really unique about them. They feel like a business partner."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Keenethics provided development and technical assistance using a combination of Meteor JS and React for an international price comparison website network.

Leiden, Netherlands
Founder

Keenethics’s is a young company that may need to hone its message but their high level of technical expertise, friendly staff, and cost-conscious approach stood out compared to the competition. They are thoughtful in their suggestions and feedback. They feel like a business partner.

Introduce your business or organization and what you do there.
I am the Owner and only employee of a young startup company based in the Netherlands. My company is an international network of localized price comparison websites. Each site specializes in a certain theme or subject.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Keenethics?
My project began really small, but my aim is to dominate the market and to be active all around the world. I want to have a specific website for every subject . Scalability is the first priority. In the past five years JavaScript’s functionalities have grown considerably, I searched for a company that was eager to try embracing JavaScript competencies and concepts and develops a really cool project. Because I don’t have a big company and my budget is limited, I needed to have a partner that was priced okay.

Keenethics only did development. Because of my experience as an online professional, I did the whole business strategy, the design, the interaction, and the marketing myself. They are purely involved just to take care of all the technical stuff. We decided to go for the ever more popular Meteor JS plus React combination and we’re now developing in these techniques.

How did you come to work with Keenethics?
I found Keenethics by Googling specialized Meteor agencies. I did a little tender with all kinds of agencies and Keenethics was the best choice. Besides their technical skills, they’re really nice people and they quickly become involved in your business ideas and want to produce a really cool product. In the end, Keenethics is great for little startups based on the quality they deliver and the cost they ask.

Between $10,000-$20,000.

We started working with them November 2016 and have been working together since.

It’s too early because we don’t have a first version of the product ready, but it looks really promising.

How did Keenethics perform from a project management standpoint?
I’m really into having control so I’m not a regular client for them. I’m an online project manager myself and I hired them only for development work. We had about 2 or 3 developers working on the project but the project management was in my hands. You can chat with them until they go to bed and they’re always available by Skype. We do a Scrum every month where we look at new features, what we want to add, what has priority, etc. Hopefully, they continue to be my partner in the future.

What distinguishes Keenethics from other providers?
The relationship, their own ambition and what they want to do in the future were really important to me. Normally, my experience with development companies is that their business strategy is based on selling hours and most of them see a chance to bill you some extra hours just to change stuff within the project. Keenethics just sticks to the hours they initially estimated. They know and understand that nobody is perfect and nobody can predict the future or have it all written on paper before you start. This is what is really unique about them. They feel like a business partner, not like an agency that just wants to sell more hours.

Is there anything Keenethics could have improved or done differently?
They are a young agency that’s only been in existence for 2 years. They’re growing fast and doing more projects and the whole identity of the business and the agency still has to be developed. They are still trying to figure out their view on how to complete projects and what their unique selling point is compared to other agencies. They started with a vision about how things should be done, but they need to go move a new phase where they become more professional so they can sell the things they believe in.

Overall Score These guys really think about finding solutions to the project you want to achieve.
    My project is, complex, and it’s impossible to have a secure timeline. They are behind, but I don’t blame them because I came with new things during the project.
    6, if I can.
    The quality they deliver is amazing, and they keep at something until it works 100%. They need to be a bit more professional and more punctual in their communication.

Web Dev for Strategic Management Consultancy

"[T]hey did great work in terms of the results, consulting, and providing options.."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Keenethics developed several web and iPad prototypes to offer digital solutions to various clients. The team also performed UI/UX design, database creation, and application QA.

Munich, Germany
Manager

The team was multi-cultural and able to address any communication challenges before they became a problem. Keenethics provided various solutions to problems and consulted on the benefits of each. They have a good network of resources and are able to bring in the best people for each job.

We are a strategic management consultancy with about 300 professionals. Our work is basically project-based work for clients in the topics of transformation, strategy, and giving advice in the digital space. I am a manager. I’m the lead of the project team and client projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Keenethics?

We needed a prototype and to develop some kind of digital solutions for processes showing the client how it could be done or how to maintain some kind of software solutions.

Keenethics helped us to develop and to prototype several web and iPad applications to help our clients. We used a MEAN stack including MeteorJS as a framework on top of Node.js, AngularJS, MongoDB, D3.js for visualization and Cordova for the hybrid development of the web and iPad application.

How many resources were assigned to your project?

On the first project, we had 2 ½ if you count all the quality assurance and the designer. The second project had also a project manager attached to it, so I think it was two to three people.

How did you come to work with Keenethics?

We proposed our project on Upwork.com. We interviewed all of the applicants which included Keenethics. At first, we did choose another company because Keenethics said that they didn’t have the required employees available at the time. We were unsatisfied with our first choice, so I connected back to Keenethics after two months. They had the resources available at that time, and we continued with them because all the issues and challenges we had with the first company were solved by Keenethics.

How much have you invested with Keenethics?

We spent between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started searching for the company in October. Then, we had the two-month time frame with another company. We came back to Keenethics in December 2016. The first project was finished last week. The second project was running from March 2017 to July 2017.

This was a highly agile project environment where several clients were involved. The costs of the work were not that high for the amount of work. That’s why we didn’t need perfect project controlling and why we didn’t use any metrics on the project.

We did have a great full stack developer and he could do everything in terms of user interface, application development, and database design. That enabled us to have a low cost, high result in the end. As we were missing a user interface designer, we got a designer who created the design and worked perfectly well with the developer so that we didn’t have any overhead.

How did Keenethics perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management point, we used some kind of Scrum methodology and Agile methodology. We had weekly planning and daily stand-ups directly with developers from Keenethics. Everything was solved during the weekly and daily standups.

My native language is German. Keenethcis’ native language is not English either, but we had a Russian speaker on our team whose English is also quite good. In terms of understanding and communicating, it was perfect. Also due to cultural challenges which we had with the first team, Keenethics was perfect in addressing challenges and bringing them up before it would become a problem. In terms of communication, I was happy during the course of the project. I was always informed and could derive my decisions out of the information I got.

What did you find most impressive about Keenethics?

From a technological standpoint, they did great work in terms of the results, consulting, and providing options. They have a great network. At some point, we needed a user interface designer so they could also help with this challenge and provided a good designer to the team immediately. On the other hand, communication is something I value a lot. For example, if an expert is missing, they communicated that perfectly up front so I could search for an expert for a specific small problem and therefore we didn’t have any roadblocks. They chose the right technology and implemented the solution in a very good, perfect way.

Are there any areas Keenethics could improve?

I was satisfied completely with the project. But, as a German, I always see things for improvement. They could be a little better in terms of documentation, but I don’t see that really as a downside. It wasn’t in our job description.

Overall Score I’m perfectly happy with the results and with how we worked together.
    We used a Scrum methodology and it was quite easy with scheduling and meeting the deadlines.
    The full stack developer enabled us to have a low cost, high results in the end.

The solution was perfectly received in our organization, and in the client’s organization. I’m proud that I could deliver a solution with the help of Keenethics.
    I did already, and also the team was happy with the results.