Ecommerce, Ruby Rails, React.JS, mobile, web

Founded in 2010, JetRuby counts more than 70 employees and comprises three offices worldwide: two Research & Development offices in Ukraine and Russia, and a client relations office in San Francisco, California.

With skilled teams specialized in development of SaaS applications, CRM, ERP and Ruby on Rails-based E-Commerce solutions of any complexity, and mobile applications, we have everything necessary to deliver high-quality expertise and services to our clients. In business, building long-term partner relationships has always been a primary goal for us. Our portfolio includes a wide range of projects for organizations of all sorts - from small startups to solid corporations like Financial Times (http://ft.com/) which we’ve been collaborating with for more than 3 years now.

Technologies

• JetRuby Agency LTD. Krasnodar
    Russia

Financial Times, Universum, GoPro

treStique

treStique is online beauty store which offers a wide range of easy-to-use makeup essentials.

PYRO

PYRO is one of the China's top platform for electronic dance music

OpenFT

OpenFT is a widget and watchlist for Financial Times NY

LinkSquares

LinkSquares is designed to facilitate document management, analysis and reporting processes

Cronycle

Cronycle is a high-load content aggregation and parsing service to create new content

SparksFly

SparksFly is aimed to integrate news from different social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) into one feed

NameCoach

NameCoach is a service to record the right pronunciation of names. Widely used by large US Universities

Move

Move is designed to simplify gaining access to sport facilities

Rails Dev for SaaS Company

"The code quality is fantastic .... They’re definitely experts."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

JetRuby Agency came on to develop a web application with Ruby on Rails and React. Because their app is used by many different companies, it needed to be robust and highly functional.

Boston, Massachusetts
CEO, SaaS Software Company

The app has received positive feedback regarding its speed and functionality. The client feels that the agency was able to produce something great for the user and has allowed for 25% growth month over month. They had their own project manager that helped them meet their goals and plan for their next step.

The company is a SaaS [software-as-a-service] product for legal teams to search and report on their contracted people. I’m the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with JetRuby Agency?

We wanted to build a web application from scratch.

I wanted a Ruby on Rails web app and JetRuby Agency suggested we use React for our frontend. That was a great recommendation. We were able to partner together because I had some knowledge about Rails and front-end work. They were able to provide their opinion on what path I should take. I already had a design and JetRuby was able to start working from there. Our app services many companies and we continue to add features to make it better.

How did you come to work with JetRuby Agency?

I did a search online for outsourced development shops. I went through the process of finding freelance shops and conducted about 10 interviews. JetRuby was head and shoulders above every other firm I talked to as far as communication, experience, knowledge, and skills. I went through a pretty rigorous technical vetting process with them and they passed.

How much have you invested with JetRuby Agency?

We spend between $50,000 and $200,000 per year.

We began working with them in August 2015 and the work is ongoing.

We get great feedback about the app’s performance including the speed and functionality. I was able to use JetRuby’s help to produce a great user experience. We’ve been growing 25% month over month. We almost doubled up in the first couple of months of this year in terms of our revenue compared to last year. The user experience is everything to us.

How did JetRuby Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a project manager to interface with. Depending on what you’re trying to build, you’re assigned developers that fill those requirements. I can usually work with the project manager weeks in advance to define my requirements before the next sprint, and they decide who will work on it.

I’ve had a few different project managers work with us over the course of the relationship. It’s nice to have a consistent team so that you’re not constantly rotating different team members who don’t know the code. All the code is reviewed and they have good engineering processes.

We are integrating in-house resources with JetRuby, and they have expressed that the way the code is written is as good, if not better, as what they had seen at their previous employers, based on US senior developer standards. The code quality is fantastic and it feels like we’re using a team from the US. We work in an Agile environment and we’ve put time into the scope. We put time into how we’re going to use it and there are always things that need to be fixed. We fix things as fast as we can and JetRuby is generally really good about any deadlines we have. They’re not so rigid that they can’t drop everything and fix the production environment.

What did you find most impressive about JetRuby Agency?

They’re definitely experts. If you’re going to hire anyone to do work you can’t do yourself, it’s nice to know that they’re experts. Through my time working with them and then bringing in developers here in the US, it’s really clear that they’re experts. A lot of people can build code, but when you architect the development of software, it’s a whole other thing. The extra DevOps support that they can provide is fantastic and I utilize that. They can set up, take down, and upgrade servers to keep the app alive. Generally, it’s unique that a company would be willing to do this in addition to being able to develop the code. They support the whole life cycle, and I think that it’s handy to have a team that has different skill sets.

Are there any areas JetRuby Agency could improve?

They do a great job of communicating, but at times, they could give more status updates proactively. They’re super responsive when I ask the status, so it depends on what your expectations are for a working environment and what rhetoric you want to have with them. Maybe some people don’t want to be bugged all the time. For customers like me, who want to be more involved in the app development, offering extra communication would be good.

Where a deadline is presented, they usually meet it. Sometimes, when it’s more fluid, it can slip a little bit. Some of that you can’t plan for.
    It’s a good value for the money for anyone trying to get their company off the ground.
    The work is top-notch and inspected by other developers. It’s beautifully written.
    I have recommended them probably 10 times already.