Mobile Software Solutions for the Gig Economy

The Jed Mahonis Group is a mobile tech consultancy who builds mobile software soflutions for the on-demand economy. We work with startups and SMBs to deliver best-in-class apps for your customers and employees. We specialize in native solutions for iOS and Android.

From sales productivity tools to micro social networks, our mobile software is used by millions of people around the world. We take pride not only in building powerful apps, but also in building powerful, long-lasting relationships with our clients. We're based in Minneapolis, but we work with companies from all over the Twin Cities and beyond. (And really, the winter isn't that bad.)

St. Louis Park, MN
  • 7600 West 27th St. Unit B11
    St. Louis Park, MN 55426

Great Clips, Green Mill Restaurants, a Fortune 500 Health Care company, VSI Labs, Chess.com, Kwikly, Mimi, PCA Partners, Kindu, USA CUP

Mobile App Dev for Youth Soccer Tournament

“They showed us how to get the most critical information to our customers.”

Mar. - July 2018

The Jed Mahonis Group developed iOS and Android apps featuring sports schedules and results. The solution has launched.

Blaine, Minnesota
Trygve Nystuen
Business Technology Director, National Sports Center Foundation

The team’s expertise and planning skills ensured the successful launch of the app on time and within a limited budget. The initial version of the mobile platform is expected to support the buildout of additional features.

I am the technology director for the National Sports Center Foundation, an amateur sports programming nonprofit.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Jed Mahonis Group?

We needed mobile app development for an international youth soccer tournament.

We wanted users to view schedules and results for the event through the app. We also wanted to include links for additional information in preparation for more features.

We did online research and received RFPs from a few vendors before selecting The Jed Mahonis Group.

We wanted an iOS and Android app which would interact with the GotSoccer.com API to retrieve schedules and results. Our long-term is a more expansive app that could assist in navigation, provide notifications and weather alerts, and host space for advertising and media releases.

A lead code writer from the Jed Mahonis Group interfaced with three of our key stakeholders.

They showed us how to get the most critical information to our customers and launch in time despite a very limited budget. Their work gave us a starting point to which we can add features in the future.

Their lead code writer had excellent communication skills and could translate the most technical teams into language our staff could understand easily.

Their transparency about their progress helped us understand how the project was going and any circumstances that might change the pace of work.

All projects endure stops and starts. But good communication and transparency during those stops is key.

Overall Score I'm looking forward to working with them again.
    They were flexible and made themselves available.
    They worked above what we paid for.
    They delivered high quality work.
    I have already recommended them.

iOS & Android Dev for Restaurant Company

"I would stack our app up against anyone else's in the industry."

May 2017 - Feb. 2018

The Jed Mahonis Group completed development on a mobile application for iOS and Android. The team worked with a third-party vendor to make the solution compatible with an existing website.

St. Paul, Minnesota
John Hinz
CMO, Green Mill Restaurants

The application helped increase sales and brand engagement. The team was communicative and willing to get the job done. Customers can expect a close rapport with The Jed Mahonis Group.

I’m the CMO of Green Mill Restaurants. We specialize in pizza, pasta, and wings.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Jed Mahonis Group?

We engaged them to update and complete development for a partially-finished mobile application. Another vendor had started development, but could not deliver a functional solution.

We wanted to drive traffic and increase brand awareness and sales.

I did an online search for local companies. The Jed Mahonnis Group had a great digital presence. During the first meeting, the team discussed their background and capabilities at length, answering all of my questions. I hired them because they created a competitive proposal and we hit it off right away.

The Jed Mahonis Group reviewed the app in its unfinished state. The team then developed the app for iOS and Android. They made it compatible with our existing online ordering website and collaborated with our point of sale (POS) provider.

I worked directly with the owners.

We experienced growth with online orders and overall brand engagement.

We worked well together, even as the intensity of the engagement increased over time. We talked daily about the project’s intricacies to make the app come to life in conjunction with our POS provider and website. The team was always available to answer my questions.

The team worked hard and were willing to do whatever it took to solve problems. They had a great attitude and I felt a true partnership. It’s not often that clients feel all of these things when working with a vendor.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score I have nothing but good things to say about them.
    They were accommodating and always available.
    They were very competitive with pricing.
    I would stack our app up against anyone else's in the industry.

Native Mobile App Dev for Dental Staffing Platform

“The app The Jed Mahonis Group built is very robust, requiring a minimal level of support or maintenance.”

Dec. 2016 - Nov. 2017

The Jed Mahonis Group built a web and mobile app (iOS and Android) allowing users to find temporary staff solutions. Based on wireframes, their team built out and continues to maintain the platform.

Pedram Nastaean
Founder, Porkore Incorporated

JMG built a strong app with minimal issues. Accommodating and receptive to feedback throughout the process, their team's customer-centric approach and attentiveness set them apart. In addition to their hard work, they're also reasonably priced and easy to work with.

I'm one of the founders of a dental staffing app. We provide an on-demand staffing platform that connects dental offices to temporary staff.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Jed Mahonis Group?

We wanted to build a platform that would help dental offices find temporary staff solutions online, so we were looking for a vendor to build both the mobile and web app.

We provided wireframes to JMG and their team developed the app for iOS and Android as well as an online platform. We check in with their team weekly to follow up on progress.

We work with a few project managers along with a frontend designer, frontend developer, backend developer, and a database manager.

How did you come to work with The Jed Mahonis Group?

We found them on Clutch and chose to work with them based on their positive reviews among a handful of others we were considering.

We've invested around $75,000.

We started working together in December 2016 and the app was ready by November 2017. They continue to provide support and maintenance.

The app JMG built is very robust, requiring a minimal level of support or maintenance. They also delivered the app on time, despite our frequent requests to change certain elements. They were very accommodating and receptive to our needs.

How did The Jed Mahonis Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were responsive and professional overall. They seemed to understand our project from the start, which is why we felt comfortable working with them. They're also reasonably priced compared to others and do great work. We communicated mostly through Slack and kept track of projects through Trello.

They're hardworking and dedicated to getting your project right the first time around. They made sure the whole process went as smoothly as possible for us. They did a great job of making me feel comfortable and took the time to educate me about the process as they developed our code and built the platform.

We were very pleased with the service we received from them overall. The Q&A took a bit longer than we expected, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it's something that could be improved on.

Overall Score We had a great experience overall.
    Our app is very robust.
    I'd definitely recommend them to others.

Mobile App Development for Education Company

"They are willing to try to innovate undiscovered features with great enthusiasm"

Sept. 2016 - Mar. 2018

The Jed Mahonis Group initiated a discovery workshop to understand the baseline features needed for the minimum viable product (MVP). They experimented with the hardware and developed the MVP mobile app.

Catherine Roberts-Martin
Director of Marketing & Business Development, Fielding Nair International

Communicating well throughout the project, they were quick to answer questions and kept up with the deadline.Their agreeable nature, innovative minds, and expertise in explaining complex technology contributed to a successful business partnership.

I am the director of marketing and business development at Fielding Nair International (FNI) and oversee FNI’s brand, marketing efforts, communications, and media relationships. I am also the project manager for innovative initiatives and ensure that all marketing efforts are executed with integrity and clarity.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Jed Mahonis Group?

FNI and TJMG collaborated to create a MVP mobile app that assists our school clients in scheduling the innovative education spaces to support student-directed learning.

Our goal was to create a scheduling app based on device locations within a school building and to create an MVP to beta test with an FNI school.

FNI took recommendations and scouted local firms. We selected The Jed Mahonis Group because we enjoyed their collaborative way of working that echoed FNI work with school clients. This group had previous experience with device location detection as well.

FNI crafted a discovery workshop with teachers and students from our potential beta test site. They created a concept and outline for what we wanted the app to do as a MVP and beyond. Their team experimented with the hardware to determine outcomes and developed the web-based dashboard, the mobile interface, the hardware setup, and developed the MVP.

I worked with their project manager and a team of developers.

The MVP was delivered with the features we asked for and on the deadline. They were innovative as the task involved unique hardware setups and interfaces.Their product is now to be tested with a school community.

They communicated through Slack and had occasional face-to-face meetings at both of our offices. TJMG always answered questions promptly and skillfully guided us through the app development process with an agreeable nature.

They are willing to try to innovate undiscovered features with great enthusiasm and easily communicated the complexities of tech development. Their interactions with me always brightened my day.

They could provide very short monthly updates, but that's something I should've asked for.

Overall Score They are smart, fun, and willing to be innovative.
    They made scheduling seamless through the use of Slack and Trello.
    Their cost was reasonable considering we were asking for a product and tech setup that is highly innovative.
    They are great at explaining technical terms.
    They are collaborative and will be patient with your technical knowledge.

Development for Health and Wellness App

"I couldn't be happier with the results of our business together."

Sep. 2016 - Dec. 2016

In a 3 month period, The Jed Mahonis group delivered a mobile app with barcode scanning functionality, the partnership is ongoing as new features are needed.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Justin Hall
Founder, Supplement Snoop LLC

The client, inexperienced to app development, compliments The Jed Mahonis Group for being so accommodating throughout the professional partnership.

I am the founder and CEO of Supplement Snoop. We are located in Erie, Pennsylvania, and involve ourselves in the health and fitness industry.

I developed my company in response to the growing dietary supplement industry and the constantly changing, overwhelming world surrounding it.

The challenge I faced was how to give people quick access to the unbiased information they needed when choosing a supplement, whether it be for diet or exercise needs. The market used to be the bodybuilding industry, but now supplements have become commonplace in most every household. With the FDA not regulating the data that goes on the labels, I decided it was time to do something about it. No easy task.

I found The Jed Mahonis Group on a random Google search for app developers. I reached out to them in an email and was very happy to see how quickly and professionally they responded. There was no pressure, and I immediately knew that they were a group of people that just enjoyed helping people achieve their goals. They were friendly and energetic, as well as being very professional.

The project was a smartphone app that contained a barcode scanner that would allow people to access a massive database of information quickly and easily. This would allow them to make the right decisions when standing in a store or looking online to make a purchase.

The main project was completed in the 3-month timeframe they quoted me on, but I was so happy with their work that I am continuing our professional relationship as we add more features to the app.

I couldn't be happier with the results of our business together. I had no idea what I was doing when it comes to creating an app. I just knew the information it needed to contain. We worked together closely to build a great product for people. I constantly emailed and changed my mind, but they were always accommodating.

Overall Score I couldn't be happier with the work they have done, and will continue to go to them in the future.
    Everything was completed in the time frame we agreed to. They were always quick to respond to my many many emails.
    Their rates are comparable to other app developers, but their quality stands out above the rest.
    When you look at the apps in the app store, I think that the one they made for me stands out in functionality and quality.
    Their ability to bring my idea to life is a special quality that could help anyone with some vision.

App Development Partnership With Creative Agency

"The Jed Mahonis Group is very responsive."

The Jed Mahonis Group provides development services to an agency. The team has built various business-to-business and business-to-consumer apps for iOS and Android.

Joe Beard
Founder, Creative Agency

Every project has met initial requirements. The Jed Mahonis Group offers outstanding iOS development skills, a responsive communication style, and an ability to transform constructive feedback into measurable results.

Bionic Giant is a creative agency. We do a lot of creative communications for our clients. Sometimes our clients are direct brands and other times we work with other agencies to help augment their in-house capabilities.

I’m the founder of the agency.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Jed Mahonis Group?

My team was working to pitch some mobile app work to a client of ours.

Jed Mahonis has provided iOS and Android applications for us. Together we have created both business-to-business and business-to-consumer apps. We do all the user experience and design in-house. Jed Mahonis codes the apps.

How did you come to work with Jed Mahonis Group?

I met The Jed Mahonis Group organically right around the time my team was working to pitch the mobile app work. Our teams really hit it off so I put together a couple coffee meetings with them to get a feel for how they do work and it seemed like a good fit. We have ended up using The Jed Mahonis Group on about four projects so far.

What distinguishes Jed Mahonis Group from other providers?

The Jed Mahonis Group is very responsive. We always try to get back to our clients the same day and they operate the same way. We’re like-minded about what we like and don’t like about apps. They really don’t have much in the way of design capabilities and that’s where we’re strong. It’s a good marriage in capabilities.

Is there anything Jed Mahonis Group could have improved or done differently?

They could improve on the Android side of development. A lot of their capabilities in-house are iOS related. They do have Android capabilities but they’re out of house. It is one degree removed from them, so at times that means the development is two degrees removed from us. It can be frustrating but it’s never been a deal breaker.

Time Sheet App Development For Health Care Company

"They're always on budget, and they do good work."

The Jed Mahonis Group converted a healthcare company's electronic time sheet filing system into a mobile app. Later, the team continued to provide development resources.

Owner, In-Home Healthcare Company

All the new apps were delivered within schedule and budget, and present few significant bugs. The Jed Mahonis Group impressed with their seamless communication, creative problem-solving mindset, and rapid turnarounds.

We are a provider of in-home health care.

I'm the president and run the day-to-day operations.

What business challenge were you trying to address with The Jed Mahonis Group?

Prior to The Jed Mahonis Group, I had already been using an electronic time sheet, and I wanted to convert that into an app so employees could use their phones to enter their time instead of needing to find a computer.

How did you come to work with The Jed Mahonis Group?

I interviewed a few companies, and I ended up going with Jed Mahonis because they were more reasonably priced, and they were local. They had done some work in the past that I thought was comparable to what we wanted.

I've been working with The Jed Mahonis Group for a couple of years now. Between all the projects, the total is around $50,000.

All of my users are much happier with the app formats. The Jed Mahonis Group is responsive to working through bugs, and we've been very happy with them.

What distinguishes The Jed Mahonis Group from other providers?

I appreciate most The Jed Mahonis Group's responsiveness, communication, and ability to finish projects on time. They're always on budget, and they do good work. They're creative with coming up with solutions within the app or database for what we want to do.

Is there anything The Jed Mahonis Group could have improved or done differently?

Although they finish projects on time, there always seems to be last-minute rushes.

I already have.