Outsourced Web, Mobile & Software Development

IT CRAFT is a full-service IT development company focusing on first-class mobile and Web apps.

Helping your businesses grow. We help businesses of any size and complexity go digital. No matter what your business is, we help provide your customers the greatest convenience possible.

Focusing on your needs. Depending on your aims, we provide the best options based on your budget, development time and product maintainability. We do the work faster than you could so you can focus on moving your business forward.

Paying attention. We listen to what you say and then provide you with an answer. It might be a simple one-off bug fix or a major new project. No one can know in advance. But, whatever you decide, we will always give you our full attention all the time.

Working on cutting-edge projects. We provide services to:

• Augmented Reality

Kharkiv 61000
    Ukraine
  • IT CRAFT New York
    833-482-7238 (free)

Intel, Pepsi, AstraZeneca, GMAC, British Council, Nando’s, SHIMANO.

Leisure Pro

Leisure Pro , or ‘Diver Emporium ’, is the e-commerce website for the largest New York City-based offline and online store for diving equipment. Rich functionality of the solution includes item search in the catalogue with the possibility to specify size and color. There is a great number of discount rules, gift cards, promo codes; also, used products are available in stock. All that allows customers to find a best-price option. They can choose from three payment systems as well as buy on credit. As for shipping method, Leisure Pro offers two options: free delivery and fast delivery.

Nandos

Nandos is a global chain of South African restaurants that cares a lot about online presence. Lumena Design created a set of web tools aimed at achieving their goals with maximum efficiency. For example, there was a back-end module for creating and managing printable marketing materials online. With the service, printables can be uploaded and stored, used as templates and edited. Practically, the company designer uploads a material as a PSD file. Then local merchants can add branch specific information, like address, map, additional text etc. and save as a material ready to be printed.

Diamonds International

Founded over two decades ago, Diamonds International® now has more than 125 locations across the U.S. and as far as the Caribbean and Mexico. With this e-commerce solution, shoppers from all over the globe can purchase luxury jewelry and watches and enjoy the outstanding customer service with no need to leave their homes.

Crazy Slots Casino

Crazy Slots is an application for Facebook that includes many social features. The features that can be found in casino apps include but are not limited to User Profile, Lobby for games, Daily Lottery, Leaderboard, Gifts, Badges, Mystery Bonus, a Shop where users can buy some additional items. Facebook credits and Upsight (Kontagent) social app analytics system are integrated into the application.

After the installation, users get a number of coins with which they can start playing. They enter the game at level 1, where one game is open.

Manx Dining

ManxDining.im is a web site with all services which restaurateurs can offer their customers. Via this site you can book a table, pick up takeaway meals, order home delivery, buy gift vouchers and have many others useful options.

View Ranger

ViewRanger.com is the core of the ViewRanger community. It is a free route-planning tool that works in sync with the ViewRanger mobile application. The service allows users creating routes, in fact, on all layers of the map. Users can also view routes of others and store the information about recorded tracks in their personal profiles.

99 COACHES

Quick Transfer

Quick Transfer is a freight broker that finds the best solution for all sorts of freight transportation, e.g. truck, air freight, rail service loads as well as blind transportation. It offers flexible, expedited and guaranteed services for cargo carriages. Quick Transfer improves safety of the cargo and a timely delivery due to real time observation, which is provided by implementation of Comet web-application model and by use of Jabber for notification. So, you can follow your shipment the whole way through. IT Craft developed automation service system for reception and processing calls and emails, which starts with retrieval of emails from the e-mail server or getting information from user calls and ends by their submission to dispatcher system.

Live Sketchpad - Mobile App

With Live Sketchpad, you can call your friends and speak to them as you draw together on the same canvas, simultaneously using one set of graphical tools

Adorama - one of the largest retailers of photography equipment in the USA.

One of the major U.S. online photo & video equipment stores, Adorama.com is our long-term customer and we developed a number of projects for them. That includes retail e-commerce platforms, web portals dedicated to photo and video equipment rentals, and related information portals like an educational center.

Business and Social Network Peakfactor

With Peakfactor, companies and individuals can join a global network of communities – an online social network that allows them creating their own online communities with corporate design. Users have at their command functionality for managing data, as well as top-level security standards. They can create their business profile to connect and communicate online with their business partners. There are also such great features as business and interest groups, community news section, members’ newsletter with individual branding, creating events and files sharing with the help of the secure Peakfactor community library system.

ArcTrieval

Arctrieval makes it easy and safe for healthcare providers and facilities to manage the release of information for protected health information. Arctrieval eliminates paper-based, error prone processes, saves time and money and assists in complying with laws and regulations governing the release of protected health information. Arctrieval is a free, Web‐based medical correspondence management system.

SOS Pro – SaaS solution

SOS Pro is an advanced alarm system for the enterprise market. It is used as a assault alarm by professional security companies.

Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding - The Industry Website

Crowdsourcing.org is the leading industry resource offering the largest online repository of news,
articles, videos, and site information on the topic of crowdsourcing and crowdfunding.

RocketRoute - SaaS Solution for Flight Planning

Duelo.futbol - Daily Fantasy Sports Game

Duelo.futbol was developed for South American fantasy sports fans by the start of Copa America 2015 that took place in Chile.

Order Port - Mobile Point of Sale System

OrderPort is a leading provider of web, point-of-sale, wine club and mobile commerce applications for wineries. OrderPort commerce solutions are deployed via a proven SaaS platform that supports consumer, wholesale and distributor sales. OrderPort enables the presentation of products and services to customers online, at the point of sale and everywhere via mobile devices. Simplified administration, compliant, single system management of multiple sales channels, OrderPort is everywhere you do business.

Hypnosis Downloads - Mobile Application

Hypnosis Downloads allows users to keep all their downloads in one place, create playlists, listen to their downloads on mobile devices in off-line mode, and more. It’s an easy and practical application that can make your life better!

Found Love iOS Application

You will be surprised to discover that love is everywhere! A good reason to make the discovery is Found Love, a free photo-sharing app. Take a picture of a heart-shaped image you notice, upload and share it with this free app. Add a message and a tag on the topic of love – and voila! That will be your little yet important contribution to a social revolution. You can find love anywhere, just as it can find you where and when you don’t expect it at all.

Product Enhancement for On-Demand Laundry Service

"[T]hey charge me exactly what they quote upfront and accomplish every requirement."

2014 - Ongoing

IT Craft fully redesigned a city-wide pickup/delivery system, providing custom software development, location services, and API integration as well as Android app creation. They now manage feature additions.

Founder, eLaundry

The new automated system offers unprecedented visibility into routes, orders, and scheduling, allowing scalable coordination and online documentation. IT Craft’s professionalism, prompt delivery, and impressive value for money continue to inspire trust.

I’m the owner of an on-demand laundry service. We offer pickup and delivery services for about a thousand people in the city every month.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

We needed to tackle a big update. IT Craft wanted to redo my entire system because we had a lot of bugs in the older version.

Our previous system was intricate and detailed, and I needed a real developer to give me a new, smooth, open-box system. We were already in business and were using a system we had been adding to for a long time. Other developers had done previous work for me, but they all fizzled out. After I made the agreement with IT Craft, I stayed with them because they did a good job.

They custom-built our entire system. They added route management, CRM [customer relationship management], email notifications, recurring orders, and scheduling. They also developed an Android mobile app for our drivers. In an on-demand service like ours, everything is based on time and location. For instance, if we have 20 people ordering from 6–8 a.m., we’ll sweep the city and get all of those orders before moving to the 8–10 a.m. customers, then the 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. customers, and so on. IT Craft automated our system based on having 3 or 4 drivers in the city at a time. Previously, the route management was basically its own entity and would automatically go to the driver’s phone.

Generally, the same people from IT Craft remained working on our project. Recently, I haven't been doing as much with them, so they transferred me to another primary contact, but he’s just as good as the first, so I have no complaints. They’re responsive, which is what I really want. When I’m dealing with somebody overseas, I want to know who I'm talking to.

Our primary contact had 2–3 developers under him. He understood my project intimately and spoke with the other developers. Sometimes, we would meet with the developers when we had something major to discuss, but I generally like having a single contact person.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

IT Craft was the fourth development company that I went to because it was hard to find somebody with our targeted set of skills. They were very professional. We decided to go with them after interviewing a bunch of people.

The product is live, and we’re still doing business with IT Craft. I think we started working together 3 years ago, around 2013–2014. We constantly had new launches with the product because we were always implementing new features. I just had a single rule: never launch anything on a Friday.

IT Craft excels in this industry, and I’m happy with them. They’re not perfect, but no vendor ever is. I’ve dealt with enough developers to know what to expect. I appreciate that IT Craft communicates properly, understands me, and cares about the project.

They’ve automated some of our work processes, so I’ve been able to save time and reallocate resources. I used to have somebody managing the route, and I don't need that position anymore. Every time a customer makes an order, it goes into an automated schedule since everything is done online. I really like the new system, and it works perfectly.

We have different settings. On the weekends, we can plan for lighter traffic than during a weekday. Our system is integrated via API with Google Maps and a company called Routific for the route synchronization. Everything is recorded online, so when the driver scans a bag, the item is recorded on the backend, indicating which driver scanned which item and at what time. We pretty much get to see everything, even though we’re not there.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

IT Craft is honest and straightforward. They’re a good partner to work with. I’ve spent a lot of time with them, and I've dealt with development companies extensively. With IT Craft, I can speak to my contact person every day. I used to Skype, instant message, and talk to him all day. I felt like he was part of our team because we would go back and forth. He offered great feedback based on our requests.

The whole team is skilled. They have a lot of people involved, from what I understand. The person I dealt with came to New York once or twice to meet us. I appreciated that level of normalcy in a programming company.

They’re professional and usually deliver on time. I don't know how programming works. All I know is I want a certain task done by this date. As they worked, I could see that everything was working and clicking together. As a consumer and an end user, that’s all I really care about. As far as the quality of their coding, I have no idea. All I know is they charge me exactly what they quote upfront and accomplish every requirement. Sometimes, they lose money, but they’re more careful with their quotes. They’re definitely reliable, which I appreciate.

They’re a great value and definitely cheaper than other firms I've used.
    I’ve recommended them to a few people.

Ongoing Dev for Religious Nonprofit

"We used key Agile processes to learn how to develop the solution as we went ... [and] it worked very well."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

IT Craft helped develop a landing page and a system to monitor downloads. They also developed an app to convert printed materials onto a web-based platform, and integrated a database to store user interactions.

Greenwood, Indiana
Director of Information Systems

IT Craft’s contributions increased usage, namely in countries where new languages were rolled out on the platform. The team was proactive, transparent, and delivered based on specific milestones. Although the time difference was a challenge, they were responsive and employed the Agile process well.

We are a religious non-profit agency that has been around since 1901. We deliver digital material and information that has traditionally been delivered in print media. We use it for training in different countries around the world and for delivering those materials in different languages, depending on what the needs are.

As more people have access to technology, it becomes more important for us to move into more countries and languages using that medium. I’m the director of information systems. I’m also the publisher of a set of materials. I oversee all the activity and the development and publication distribution for those materials.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

We needed help with various development work.

One of the guys on one of the IT Craft development teams got a hold of the materials we use and created a simple HTML prototype as a vision and presented it to us. It was a good idea. From that, we started working with IT Craft. Everything was pretty much done from scratch.

The biggest project is a web-based app to convert and deliver printed material. We have a series of 63 booklets that cover different subjects that we train on. We’ve created a way to not only display those and deliver them, but to create a relationship management tool for training one-to-one and one-to-many. That’s been a two-year project so far. It’s developed to the point where we can use it to deliver other types of materials as well. It’s probably something that’s going to continue. We’re just now starting to get user feedback. As more of that comes in, it will drive the direction of the project in the future.

The interface and database not only contains the content of the app, but also stores any sort of interaction that happens between a trainer and a trainee, notes, questions, and the state of an assignment. We had to figure out how to make that happen without crashing.

The other significant part of this project is that the materials are now available in 40 different languages. We had to figure out how to create a system through which we could easily translate the content. Every bit of text in the web app has a tag or a reference number assigned to it. We had to figure out ways to import and export translated text and add other languages. That’s the most significant feature; it allows us to quickly convert the app to another language.

We have an IT consultant who acts as the interface between us, the managers of the project, and the developers working directly on it. He would know more about what platforms were used.

The second product is a one-page web service to replace a complex download system that existed on another website. We’ve consolidated it into a simpler product that creates a download log and gives users more flexibility in terms of the different languages and types of booklets that they can access.

The third project is a simple landing page that directs people to a couple projects and some audio and video files.

They started working on those projects with three different people on their team. As time goes on, some people get shifted around and some people leave. A couple of the guys have moved onto some other companies or immigrated to another country.

Currently, the developer on their end that’s been primarily involved with us picked up some tasks for the other two projects. We’re starting to see some significant back and forth in the development progress of those projects.

There’s another guy that works with them on other projects who has always challenged them to learn new things. We’re doing stuff with native script development and some new platforms, like GO. We’re always looking for ways to push the limit.

I’m not completely familiar with their structure. The people that I’ve worked with have been consistent. Any inconsistencies have been on our part, like when we request extra hours in a certain month. Sometimes as projects progress, there can be lulls, but on their part, it’s been consistent.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

IT Craft had a prior working relationship with one of the guys that directs information services here. As more opportunities became available for us to engage in development work, he started introducing IT Craft to the projects and the other people in our organization.

About $120,000.

We started working together in October 2015 and the work is ongoing.

There’s been a pretty big bump in usage in the past month. Part of that is because we added some people during a training event. We currently have about 500 users. About 50 of those are our Spanish-speaking users. We’ve started to roll it out to some of our main leaders and trainers in South American countries. We also have a small contingent (20-30 users) in India that’s using the app in Hindi. We’re planning to roll that out in a larger scale in the coming months.

The download page is up to about 150 users. These are primarily leaders and trainers of organizations that want access to the materials in order to use it for their ministries, churches, and conferences in different parts of the world. That scope is smaller, but the significance is that all the clicks are now on one page, whereas previously there was a cumbersome process by which they had to enter information and go to multiple pages thereafter.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

From the onset, we tried to fragment the requirements in a way that would show milestones along the way. We wanted to see how one thing built up to another, rather than handing over a list of things to do and telling them to make it happen. IT Craft is very responsive to our requirements, and our effort to specify those milestones increased their understanding of the projects.

I worked for a few years testing software for a company, and we didn’t have a system like that. We just had one big list of requirements. Fragmenting that out in a way that was easy to understand and taking small bites of it was much better. We’re mainly using Pivotal Tracker and Slack.

One of the differences for me was paying for an estimated number of hours per month in advance, and then comparing that with the actual hour report. It’s a different style than I was used to. It’s fine; it helps me think a little bit more in advance about what I anticipate.

Sometimes in a project, you don’t really know what to anticipate unless you’re doing a waterfall kind of development. In this project, we used key Agile processes to learn how to develop the solution as we went. That’s scary for a lot of people and they look at it as a black hole. For the vision that we had for the product, it worked very well.

Early on, one of the things that was a little difficult for us to figure out was the time difference. They’re eight hours ahead of us. Our window of overlapping worktimes is only very early morning. We’ve kind of worked through this. More recently, more of the guys there have been more flexible, and adjusted their hours so that we would have more of an opportunity for real time communication on things that we needed. That was a bit of a struggle initially, but it’s gotten better.

Do you have any tips for less experienced buyers?

For people who want to use developers in another culture, taking time to get some basic understanding about that culture is helpful. For us, that’s kind of normal because we work with people in a lot of different countries and many of us have lived overseas. It’s not hard for us, but for a company that doesn’t have people with that type of experience, that might be a bigger obstacle.

Overall Score It’s been good.

MVP Redevelopment for B2B Startup

"I've been impressed by how fast [they've] delivered our more complex features."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

IT CRAFT rebuilt a teleconferencing microservice platform meant for scheduling billable video calls. The team consistently poses suggestions improving the original specs and now focuses mainly on user growth.

Berlin, Germany
Founder & CEO, B2B Platform Startup

Speed and efficiency are both hallmarks of IT Craft's standard service approach. Another major strength is the talent pool made available throughout the engagement, which ensures every important aspect of the solution receives the proper attention.

Please introduce your business and what you do there.

We have built a micro-consultation marketplace which allows users to register, build profiles and start billed consultation calls. We handle everything from scheduling to invoicing between clients and experts. I'm the CEO and owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with IT CRAFT?

We had built a lower-quality prototype with another supplier and needed to expand upon it.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

We gave IT CRAFT the existing work we had done. My team developed the final deployment processes and the data center invoicing functionalities; the rest of the technology was built by IT CRAFT based on our technical specifications. The main technology used by our platform is WebRTC.

We had very detailed requirements, but IT CRAFT challenged our previous work and took it to a completely new level. They were able to increase scalability by re-coding certain aspects deemed unnecessary or inefficient.

IT CRAFT built a solution that ensured that our video connection, which is based on a standard WebRTC setup, is much more stable and suitable to be used for permanent billings.

The size of IT CRAFT's team has varied from 5–9 people depending on the type of work being done. We interact with them through a project lead, but we always make sure that the whole team is present for our discussions, in order to ask them direct questions.

How did you come to work with IT CRAFT?

We went through an RFP process with companies in Eastern Europe. We gave the same project to three groups, and IT CRAFT delivered the best outcome.

We started working with IT CRAFT in November 2016. We still need quite some time until we're done since we have a massive stack of technology to implement. We have no intention of canceling the collaboration with IT CRAFT; we've been very happy.

We went live 2-weeks ago and have participated in CeBIT, the largest computer fair in the world. With the smallest proof possible, we have created  50–70 very big leads who are highly interested in our platform. It's really based on what IT CRAFT has built in a short timeframe. We have gotten feedback from some of the largest clients in various industries, from publishing to agriculture. We have agreements in place that would not have been possible without IT CRAFT.

It would be difficult to provide metrics at this time, but we have increased our team, and continue to be happy with IT CRAFT.

How did IT CRAFT perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management is very well done. Their approach is clear and the lead on the project is both capable and committed, which is echoed by the team of subordinates.

In the past, we have worked with Indian companies where there wasn't a cultural fit. Those scenarios can negatively impact the project outcome. In IT CRAFT's case, our cultures fit very well, with only some minor misunderstandings due to us not writing down everything in detail. These were all minor issues, nothing that would keep us from expanding IT CRAFT's team. They have delivered everything faster than we expected.

What distinguishes IT CRAFT from other providers?

I believe it's a part of IT CRAFT's slogan, namely that "the customer isn't always right". Their customer base appreciates that: you want a developer that can come up with a better solution. IT CRAFT can do this much better than other companies, who simply build what they are told to and don't question requests when it's necessary to.

Is there anything IT CRAFT could have improved or done differently?

I have been impressed by how fast IT CRAFT delivered our more complex features. I would have assumed that there would be off-the-shelf solutions available for our more standard functionalities though. I'm not sure how IT CRAFT is building them, but they have taken longer to complete than I would have expected, at times. in general, IT CRAFT is a transparent company, and I've liked working with them.

I have done so.

Prototype Dev for International Trade & Visa Firm

"There’s no other company that I’ve worked with up until now that always exceeds my expectation."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

IT Craft took a preconceived frontend mockup and then developed a website to process travel visas. Having launched the site, the project team now implements new features and provides support.

Hague, Netherlands
Keith de Saram
Business Development Manager, KES Visa & Legalization

IT Craft goes the extra mile to deliver excellent value for the cost. Despite some shortcomings on frontend visual design capabilities, they communicate effectively and succeed in meeting the majority of set expectations.

I do business development at a company that provides passport, visa, and legalization services. We provide embassy consular services for different embassies, so people can expedite their travel visa application through us or process other legalization documents.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

Before we started working with IT Craft, we didn’t have an e-commerce website at all. We were looking for a new website from scratch for our website services. We had to host the website and build it.

We had the frontend done externally, so we had IT Craft build the backend, the admin panel, and things like that. The site has all visa countries on it. Users apply for their visa through the online platform, and then the embassy form would be completely filled in through the website and sent to the user. We send the user a checklist and the embassy form, and then they send us all the necessary documents so we can provide the visa application for them. We originally hired IT Craft for just the main website, but we’ve now expanded their work to include new features and services within the site, too.

Their team consisted of Alina, who was running my project along with two team members, Sergei and Alexandra, who do the technical stuff. I mostly work with them. Then there’s Kate, who does finances for us.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

I posted the assignment on Elance and deliberated between a few companies. It was tied between a Canadian company and IT Craft. After speaking to IT Craft, I was really happy with the way they approached my project and the way they explained everything to me.

How much have you invested with IT Craft?

I think we’ve spent about $30,000 on the project.

We’ve been working with them since April 2015.

Before this, we didn’t have an online platform at all, so this is the first e-commerce service oriented platform that we can provide. That’s done a lot for our company.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

They use a tool called Redmine, which is an open-source project management tool. Our typical work arrangement consists of me drafting a document of the features and services that I need; they look at it and they provide me with feedback and questions. Then, fairly quickly after that, they provide me with an estimation of what it’s going to cost once they’re sure what my needs are. They usually deliver within an acceptable range of their original estimate, and almost no rework is needed, which is impressive. There’s some updating once the project is implemented, but that’s to be expected.

We also communicate through Skype and Slack, and they’re always really fast. That’s one of the reasons I like working with them. If I’m on Slack and there’s a real urgent question, Sergei or Alexandra will answer my question. If they’re not there, I can always bring the issue to Alina, and they’ll always make sure that there’s a timely answer.

What did you find most impressive about IT Craft?

They really provide excellent service for the price they offer. There’s no other company that I’ve worked with up until now that always exceeds my expectation. With most IT companies, it’s the other way around and you don’t get what you needed or what you expected. IT Craft always seems to go the extra mile.

Are there any areas IT Craft could improve?

Maybe they could improve on frontend implementation and visuals. They can do anything I ask them to, but if I have to get their opinion, their frontend suggestions could be a bit better. Sometimes I go to a different designer for frontend work done first and then show that to IT Craft so they can work on it further. It would be nice if I could get it all with one supplier.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement.
    It’s a timing thing.
    That’s because I learned how to work with them, and some of the people I could recommend them to would not have as much technical knowledge as I do. It might be more difficult for them to communicate with IT Craft.

Web Development for Graphic Design Marketplace

"I was always impressed by [their] ability to get things done when I didn't think it would be possible."

Feb. 2008 - Dec. 2011

IT Craft used supplied mockups to develop/implement a functional version of a newly conceived brand marketplace, which caters exclusively to designers.

San Antonio, Texas
Wes Wilson
Former Founder, Graphic Design Marketplace

The client sold the platform after 3 years, at which point it had 50,000 users from over 55 countries with over $1 million in sales. IT Craft was praised for their creative thinking to solve difficult problems, even though they needed more QA as an offshore partner.

I was the founder of a startup that developed a brand marketplace. Designers can offer unused brand concepts or specially researched and developed brands for sale to small and medium businesses. We’ve since sold it to another company.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

I needed expertise in building everything from the front-end code to the backend development. We had made some high-fidelity mockups and wanted to make them a reality.

IT Craft has been responsible for 95% of our development effort over the course of 4 years. The design was done by us in-house. IT Craft handled all the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript mock-ups. The site was built on a PHP platform created by IT Craft. We had a front-end system allowing users to upload designs, make edits, assign meta descriptions, and set their prices. We were able to review and approve uploads, notifying customers of their status. Users also had the ability to purchase domain names and logos sold by designers, distributing funds through PayPal or other platforms to our site.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

I chose IT Craft because they had good ratings. We gave them a smaller project to start with.

How much have you invested with IT Craft?

Our initial contract had a price of $30,000, but the overall development was between $100,000 and $150,000.

We started working with IT Craft in the beginning of 2008 and worked together until the company was sold in 2011. Since then, I've used IT Craft on separate smaller freelance projects.

When we sold the company, the site had close to 50,000 users from 55+ countries. Our total sales were in excess of $1,000,000. Any downtime was always server-based and not related to IT Craft's code. We had no issues or complaints, and the site was able to scale.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

Because IT Craft is a remote service, we needed to be more hands-on than when working with in-house developers. I never ran into any management issues. In fact, we worked with several developers from IT Craft over the course of that period and always received the same results. Our main contact was always easy to work with and spot-on in terms of estimates. IT Craft understood our goals. Even though they usually didn't come up with the same solutions we were thinking of, that ended up being a good thing.

What did you find most impressive about IT Craft?

I was always impressed by IT Craft's ability to get things done when I didn't think it would be possible. As an example, an arm of our company involved custom design work. We had an idea for a visual feedback tool that would allow users and designers to make comments on images. It was built into our project management system and was a fairly new solution at the time. We discussed what it could entail with IT Craft and the team was able to put it together in 48 hours. IT Craft didn't seem to have any glaring holes in their ability to build features.

Are there any areas IT Craft could improve?

The biggest feedback point was IT Craft's QA, which needed to be more extensive than it would be for an in-house team. This is standard, given that we didn't work in the same room with IT Craft.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with IT Craft?

Clients need to make sure that their goals and product are as well-defined as possible. IT Craft is great at executing what the customer is trying to achieve. But as with any remote worker, going in with a wishy-washy goal will lead to lesser results.

Overall Score IT Craft has been fantastic to work with, which is why I'm still using them.
    IT Craft never missed a deadline.
    I've always been impressed with IT Craft's work.

Custom PHP Development for Technology Company

“We couldn't have achieved as much as a company without IT Craft's contribution.”

July 2014 - Ongoing

IT Craft supports Endurant with development projects. Since the partnership began, they have built open-source CRM infrastructure, custom mobile apps, and a responsive web application.

Director of Information Services, Endurant

Over the last two years, IT Craft successfully contributed to over 20 projects, which have had a major impact on Endurant’s success. The team's most notable strengths include their PHP expertise, their fluid communication, and their strong project management.

Please introduce your organization and what you do there.

Endurant builds apps for a custom platform. I am the director of information services in the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

We needed additional development resources to support project delivery.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

IT Craft has mostly been involved in coding. Their company doesn't have a very large design staff. I've had enough experience with vetting organizations in order to realize that a good development firm won't usually have good designers, and vice versa. The focus is usually on one or the other. It's also difficult to find designers who are skilled in frontend code.

We're currently using 3 developers and one sysadmin from IT Craft. We interact directly with them for most of the time, but also use a project manager. I have personal relationships with some of our developers and the sysadmin from IT Craft. I've visited them in Ukraine at least once a year.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

I found IT Craft on Elance, after ending our relationship with the previous developer. I have vetted developers over the last 6 years, and have used Elance in the past, so I didn't go through a regular selection process. IT Craft was the first company to respond to our project. I know that our specific platform is widely used in Eastern Europe, so I used it as a way of finding Eastern European developers.

The total cost of IT Craft's services has been around $350,000.

We have an ongoing relationship with IT Craft. We've used IT Craft on around 20 projects over a 2-year relationship.

IT Craft has had a major impact on our success. We couldn't have achieved as much as a company without IT Craft's contribution. IT Craft helped us build an open-source CRM infrastructure, as well as building some custom mobile apps and a responsive web app. We're also working on an app which will run on both the web and mobile devices.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

I don't force developers to work within a timeline. Whenever I was asked how long something would take, I always defended them and opted to figure out the schedule as we went. I do make sure that we don't get locked into time constraints, but, as long as I trust that what IT Craft is doing is their best effort, I will be satisfied.

We used Redmine for time tracking, Slack for daily communication, and Zoom for meetings. I have daily conferences with IT Craft, and we have 24/7 chats.

What distinguishes IT Craft from other providers?

IT Craft is unique in the world of PHP, which is the technology that they use extensively. I would highly recommend that any client looking to hire IT Craft, should use the same platform.

Is there anything IT Craft could have improved or done differently?

No. I've gotten exactly what I wanted, and probably more. The benefit of IT Craft, compared to Indian and Asian companies, is that they can figure out what I need ahead of time, without requiring that I offer them all the details.

I don't know if other clients would be able to work with IT Craft in the same way as us. The usual process involves a project manager to step in-between. I have a unique relationship with IT Craft. They trust me and have told me that I'm a thousand times easier to work with than any other client. My recommendation to anyone else would be to try and become as technically-savvy as possible, learning how to be a developer advocate, not just a client. Any client should learn what IT Craft's strengths are, using the requirements and tools that will get the job done better and faster.

Web Development for Digital Marketing Provider

"Their team has worked closely with us on a daily basis ... bringing their insights along with ours into the project."

2005 - Ongoing

IT CRAFT was hired to augment the client's technology team. They primarily work on multi-year projects building web and mobile applications.

Minnesota
President/CEO, Digital Marketing Provider

IT CRAFT has been instrumental specifically in the development and improvement of the client's in-house technology. They maintain excellent communication and consistent resources.

We build web applications and websites to provide digital marketing services for our clients.

I am the president and CEO of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with IT CRAFT?

We needed to outsource development work due to a lack of local qualified talent. IT CRAFT became a good way of augmenting our staff and growing it at an affordable price.

We build web and mobile applications for our clients. The requirements vary from project to project. We have done a lot of work in the medical space, building HIPAA-compliant applications. We generally start with a web application which meets the specific business requirements, and then extend it to iOS and Android.

Most of our projects are multi-year, extending to seven years or more, as requirements continue to develop and grow. IT CRAFT is used for the majority of that development. There are 10-12 developers from their company working on our projects at any given moment.

How did you come to work with IT CRAFT?

We found IT CRAFT a long time ago, but I don't remember how we came to them originally. We were using other offshore development groups, particularly in Asia, with sub-par results and poor communication. We liked the Eastern European groups that we came across, so we contacted IT CRAFT. We passed one project to them, for which they were very responsive. We continued to grow the relationship from there.

A small project will reach around 500-1,000 hours, which will have a cost of $10,000-30,000. Prices continue to grow from there, when talking about multi-year work.

We started working with them in 2005. The relationship is ongoing.

The best case study I can offer is an in-house technology built by IT CRAFT, which we sell ourselves. It has been a 5-6 year ongoing project which uses Agile methodology. Their team has worked closely with us on a daily basis, defining new feature requests, growing the system for scalability, and bringing their insights along with ours into the project. We've worked very well together in assuring that we're not only developing what our customers need, but also creating something that makes sense technically, so that the product can be the best that it can be.

How did IT CRAFT perform from a project management standpoint?

From my experience in working with other groups, an offshore collaboration will always bring issues in terms of time zone and language barriers. IT CRAFT holds English classes for their developers in order for them to communicate better. Time zones will always create a problem, unless developers work through the night and sleep all day. Aside from this, I can say that communication is very good when there are fulltime developers completely committed to our project. Part-time developers will have multiple masters, so it will be harder for them to be as responsive and communicate as well as fulltime resources.

What distinguishes IT CRAFT from other providers?

One factor that has built a strong relationship with IT CRAFT is the longevity of our resources. We work with the same developers and project managers for years and years. Turnover is expensive, and it can be difficult to get a new person up to speed. When there has inevitably been turnover, IT CRAFT has been very accommodating in absorbing some of the costs associated with getting someone up-to-date.

Is there anything IT CRAFT could have improved or done differently?

We're constantly learning how to work and communicate better, more efficiently. If a project manager, solutions architect, or developer can't be in the same room with the product team or with the client, it will create a struggle which we have to deal with constantly.

This is always a challenge in software, especially when setting aggressive schedules. There is always a chance that a deadline will be missed. IT CRAFT has never been outside of the norm in terms of scheduling expectations.
    We have gotten a ton of value off of their company, and their rates are good.
    I just recommended them an hour ago.

Inventory Calculator Development for Manufacturing Company

“I was very impressed with the quality of work delivered by IT Craft.”

IT Craft developed a custom program, including a proprietary shipping calculator, to improve a large manufacturer's inventory management.

Rosemont, Illinois
Business Analyst, Manufacturing Company

The application was thoroughly tested and revealed no post-deployment bugs. IT Craft completed the program quickly and within budget. The team earned praise for their strong communication, high-quality work, and attention to detail.

We are a manufacturing company specializing in nuts, bolts, springs and so on. We operate through 20 different manufacturing locations.

I am a business analyst in the company. I work on reports and other areas that have to do with business/technology applications.

What business challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

We had a need for creating a custom program, but only had a couple of applications developers in the company. We didn't have the necessary time for coding it from scratch. These circumstances convinced me to approach another company that could help us develop our app. IT Craft was one such company.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

IT Craft worked exclusively with me. I act as the analyst on our company's end, providing the specifications for our solution. We went through the requirements, gathering together and clarifying a few items, but I was mainly responsible for drafting the documentation.

We needed a feature for calculating the total weight of the material used for our products. IT Craft featured in the variables given by us, such as height and weight, and translated them into total amounts. One of the tricky parts was counting the total parts that could be cut out of a sheet. We needed do know how many 1 by 2s or one and a halves could be cut out of a 5 by 5 piece. This sometimes involved switching the orientation in order to fit more parts. The team provided for us consisted of around three developers.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

I'd worked with their team years ago when I was trying to develop a separate website for myself. I kept in touch with IT Craft on Elance. They had a great team and were very detail-oriented. When there was a need for an additional resource, we connected again.

The total development cost has been $4,000.

IT Craft came up with questions concerning our requirements right away. There were only a few formulas that didn't make sense, so I was able to correct the work. We had a very good process. Their team understood what I needed and were able to pick out the details that weren't clearly described and needed further explanation. They delivered right on time and addressed any issues within a day. We also had a good turnaround time for the features that needed to be implemented after the release.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

They were always able to deliver on time and within budget. The project had a flat fee and everything that was delivered afterward was done at no additional cost. We were given a phenomenal project manager. He handled the business quickly and anticipated the changes that we asked for after delivery.

I sent them requirements on Word documents, and we communicated primarily through Skype. We didn't use any other project management tools.

What distinguishes IT Craft from other providers?

I was very impressed with the quality of work delivered by IT Craft. The application had no bugs, excepting a few items that weren't made clear in the requirements. I was impressed with the thoroughness of the testing done by them. Any modifications that needed to be made were done within the day. They were very professional and knowledgeable overall. We will definitely be sending more business to them.

Is there anything IT Craft could have improved or done differently?

I didn't find any shortcomings.

iOS Prototype Development for IT Firm

“They've been very receptive to new ideas and approaches."

IT Craft developed Live Sketchpad’s functional application, which allowed its customers to make calls and share real-time sketches.

Singapore
Founder & CEO, Live Sketchpad

Within six months the application had been downloaded 1,000 times, demonstrating growth that matched Live Sketchpad’s expectations. IT Craft’s honest pricing and strong project management made for a successful partnership.

We have developed an iOS mobile app called Sketchpad that allows users to make calls, and at the same time, make real-time sketches and share information with each other. It's a kind of whiteboard sharing app aimed at mobile devices, instead of desktop computers.

I am the owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

We needed a company that could develop our product. We have no technical staff yet so it was important to get some reliable and experienced developers.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

IT Craft has developed our functional application and they also serve as our systems administrator, managing our Amazon Web Services account.

We were assigned one project manager, one systems admin, as well as one web and one iOS developer. We collaborated closely on the design, development, and launch preparation.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

We found them through Elance.com. We considered a few other companies, but IT Craft was more approachable and seemed able to provide a better service than the other vendors that we contacted previously.

The total development cost was around $30,000-40,000.

The app was completed in 2015.

Within the first six months of the product launch we had around 1,000 downloads, which we consider to be pretty good. We are still considering what the revenue model of the application should be.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

We always discussed the budget in detail before starting the work. IT Craft has been the only company that has not charged us for small variations in the requirements.

We use Redmine for issue tracking, as well as other testing and debugging tools.

What distinguishes IT Craft from other providers?

I first came to IT Craft with an idea for my application. They helped run me through the initial prototyping stage and have put a fair bit of effort into developing it. They've been very receptive to new ideas and approaches during the thee prototyping stages.

Custom Development for HR Startup

“It's very comfortable to work with IT Craft."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

IT Craft developed specialized web crawlers to enable Metapage’s customers to recruit directly from their own sites.

Zürich, Switzerland
Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, HR Startup

Over the past two years, IT Craft built more than 1,000 data-providing web crawlers, spearheaded the control of different technologies, and provided regular maintenance. They were highly recommended for their technical expertise and rapid responses to feedback tickets.

Metapage is a Swiss-based startup providing a platform that enables employers to recruit directly from their own career site. Almost 800 of the most important Swiss employers are members our platform. Each company has a company profile where we show all job offers, traineeships, and graduate programs they have on their website.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I'm cofounder and chief operating officer. I'm responsible for company strategy, platform content, and all business processes.

What business challenge were you trying to address with IT Craft?

To get a high-quality index of job offers, we depend on a partner with high skills and experience in programming web crawlers. A big challenge was that each company website is different in terms of technology and design and often changes from one day to another.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

IT Craft builds and maintains hundreds of different web crawlers that provide important data for our business. They master all the different technologies, and they react when a web crawler is broken instantly because a company changed their website. Furthermore, they work perfectly together with our main developer.

How did you come to work with IT Craft?

We were looking for a reliable company on Elance. They were on our short list of about five potential partners. After the final evaluation, we decided to start doing business with them and have never regretted it.

Until now, it's about $50,000.

The engagement is still ongoing.

We started the engagement in October 2014. Since then, they built more than 1,000 web crawlers.

How did IT Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

It's very comfortable to work with IT Craft. We send them tickets in Redmine, and they solve it within hours. They're highly professional and communicative.

What distinguishes IT Craft from other providers?

They offer good developers with solid communication skills at a very reasonable price. That's very important for us because we don't want to make things complicated by talking to an unnecessary business intermediary when we can simply communicate with developer.