We Design Amazing Apps & Program Beautiful Code.

Headquartered in Mexico’s vibrant capital city, Ingenia is a nearshore digital agency that provides application development, digital marketing, data science, web hosting, and creative services to its global clients.

1996
    Mexico

We're proud to count The Coca Cola Company and their largest bottler Coca Cola Femsa, Walmart, Lego, Grupo Bimbo, Meltwater, Taxnotes.com, and the Mexican Stock Exchange as part of our ever-growing customer base, and we've consistently been ranked as one of Mexico's top ten digital marketing agencies.

Money Transfer App Dev for Fintech Company

"They were willing to bend over backwards and customize the deal for us."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Ingenia Agency developed a Spanish-language banking app for iOS and Android. The app allows users to process small loans instantly.

San Antonio, Texas
David Barnett
CEO, Aditus Holdings

The project is progressing smoothly and efficiently. Ingenia Agency is always willing to discuss disagreements and rectify issues. Their team keeps in touch and adapts to meet their clients' needs.

I’m the CEO of Aditus Holdings LP, a U.S. fintech company that owns two companies in Mexico.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia Agency?

We needed a mobile app that could instantly transfer money between accounts. We give small loans, so we needed a system to process bank information and loans in one second.

They are developing our money transfer app for iOS and Android. It’s designed in Spanish for the Mexican market.

I have no idea how many people are working on it.

How did you come to work with Ingenia Agency?

We wanted somebody in Mexico since that’s where the app operates. We also needed somebody who understood moving money around and the security of it.

One of my employees called several companies and narrowed it down to three. I sent a technical advisor to Mexico to meet them. We finalized the project with Ingenia Agency. They were the clear choice compared to the other two companies.

We have spent under $100,000 so far.

We started working together in December 2017 and the work is ongoing.

I’m very impressed with my CTO. I sleep better knowing he’s satisfied. We occasionally have different expectations. After we talk about them, they address and resolve them.

How did Ingenia Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

I don’t know what they use. My CTO is handling the project. They go to the meetings. I get updates on how things are going.

They were willing to bend over backwards and customize the deal for us. I’m very pleased with them.

I’m pleased.

Web Development for Medical Technology Startup

“Communication … has always been efficient despite their delivery not meeting our expectations.”

2.0

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

Ingenia is developing a platform that’s integrated with their payment system, PagoFacil, to allow women to purchase breast cancer detection devices.

Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
General Manager, Medical Technology Startup

Currently in its beta stage, the platform’s integration with the payment system is seamless. However, Ingenia’s services could greatly benefit from more accurate expectations management regarding scheduling and deliverables.

Our company is dedicated to solving global medical issues through low-cost technology that’s accessible to anyone no matter where they are or what situation they’re in. Our main development is a non-invasive, portable device that detects breast cancer through 10 sensors. I’m the general manager of the company. I take care of general strategies, recruiting, and operational areas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia?

They’re developing the platform through which women will purchase our product.

They’ve applied conventional programming technology for web development. They’ve also used their own payment system, PagoFacil, to facilitate transactions on the platform. We use AWS for hosting.

I’m in touch with the project manager, but I’m unsure how many people are involved in development.

How did you come to work with Ingenia?

We were able to easily reach their manager because they’re an investor in our company. We felt secure in working with them on the project because they have so many important clients here in Mexico.

We’ve spent 120,000 pesos [$6,421 USD] so far, but we’re not finished with development yet.

We started working with them in August 2017, and the project is ongoing.

We can’t quantify the impact yet because it’s still in the beta stage.

How did Ingenia perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve had some issues with the original delivery date being postponed. Communication with the project manager has always been efficient despite their delivery not meeting our expectations.

The integration between the platform and the payment system has been very good.

They could improve their expectations management with clients, as well as with meeting deadlines and considering interactions. Delivery isn’t final until the client is satisfied with the project.

Web Dev and CRM Integration for Chamber of Commerce

“We have more visibility, more visits, it has a better design, and it’s cleaner and friendlier.”

2016 - Ongoing

Ingenia provided web design services and worked on an integrated customer relationship management system. Using Drupal, they migrated the information from the previous system and established internal links.

Project Manager, Chamber of Commerce

The work has vastly improved the website, resulting in an easier to use design and an increased number of visitors. The team set clear timelines and expectations and met all the deadlines throughout the project. Their expertize shone through in the results, though they could improve their invoicing.

The American Chamber of Commerce in Mexico is an international commerce organization taking care of relationships between companies in North America and Mexico. I’m the IT Manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia?

We started a project to implement a CRM [customer relationship management] and integrations with the webpage. We did the same for the internal processes invoicing. They also did web design and database connections to this CRM.

They worked with Drupal. We migrated the information from another CRM and we linked it to the internal processes for each of the areas that deal with this information.

I was in direct contact with a project manager and they assigned their people to each of the different areas in the project: invoicing, database, design, and programming.

How did you come to work with Ingenia Agency?

We found them through their website and our director knew about Pablo’s [CEO, Ingenia] previous work. Our organization requested proposals from two other companies to see the advantages of working with their tools, costs, and more.

The cost was in the range of $50,000 to $199,000.

We started working with them in December 2016 and it’s an ongoing project.

It’s a big and ambitious project but we are seeing results related to the web page. We have more visibility, more visits, it has a better design, and it’s cleaner and friendlier. It will take longer for us to see advances or changes regarding the internal processes aspect of their work.

How did Ingenia Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They met timelines and used project management tools to set those timelines. Everything was presented as planned. As in any project, there are issues that arise and we had delays in some areas.

Their web design stood out as an area in which they highlighted their expertise during the project.

Having more invoicing knowledge would be beneficial as there were some delays because of this.

Future projects with should be planned according to the characteristics and requirements of the processes.

Web Dev & Redesign for Major Global Retail Company

"As far as web redesign projects go, it has been good."

2012 - Ongoing

Ingenia Agency built a investor relationship webpage that presents market trends to investors and analysts. They designed the initial iteration, then revised it several years later.

Finance, Major Retail Company

The website received largely positive reviews, which praised its originality and functional design. Ingenia Management continually impressed with their responsive communication, prompt deliveries, and attention to detail.

I work in the finance department of a major global product retail company in Mexico. I am the project manager for our investor relationship webpage.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia Agency?

They were hired to redesign our investor relationship webpage, which they have also managed for the last few years. They reimagined its appearance and the content structure that presents the trends that our clients, financial analysts, and investors are looking for. We worked with them on the intial design, then revamped the webpage last year.

They searched for the best technologies to provide the services we required.

I worked with a project manager to define our requirements. Another resource provided more technical and specialized support, clarified the solutions, and alerted me when we needed something different for the project. I also met with several others, but I’m not sure of an exact number.

How did you come to work with Ingenia Agency?

I inherited this collaboration. Our company searched for several developers, and at the time Ingenia was the best option. When I took over the project, the development was already advanced.

We’ve been collaborating with them since 2012.

As far as web redesign projects go, it has been good. When we initially created the website, it received positive reviews and was described as an innovative, unique market project. We are currently receiving feedback on the website’s corporate impact.

How did Ingenia Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They met every deadline. We asked for some last-minute changes, which made the project take longer, but they met their original estimates.

Their customer service and attention, professionalism, and response time were great.

There were small delays, but this didn’t affect the overall project.

SEM & SEO Services for Fintech Startup

“We have monthly growth of about 25% on our conversion rate.”

2015 - Ongoing

Ingenia worked on SEO, search engine marketing, and social network management for a fintech business. They worked on the website’s blog, conducted keyword research, and devised the SEO strategy.

CMO, PagoFácil

The digital marketing work ensured the company met its yearly goals within months, and saw good improvement in their conversion rate. They maintained the same team throughout the project, built a very good working relationship, and communicated effectively through almost daily contact.

I work for Pagofacil, which is a Fintech business. We help businesses to accept debit or credit card payments from their clients through online platforms or physical business. I am the CMO [chief marketing officer], so I’m in charge of marketing and communications.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia?

We were looking for was an agency to help us with SEO [search engine optimization], SEM [search engine marketing] positioning, and social network management.

They are helping us with our blog, which contributes to our SEO. They are developing our complete SEO strategy to position certain keywords for the financial sector in Mexico.

They also developed all our remarketing through display, focusing on how to get to new clients and how to make sure they come to our site and then convert.

We work directly with around 3 people.

How did you come to work with Ingenia?

We knew Pablo, Ingenia’s CEO.

We started working with them around the end of 2015.

As a startup we don't have quarterly objectives; we have monthly goals instead. Ingenia was very flexible and able to adapt to our schedules. Their reports are amazing—very detailed and personalized.

We have monthly growth of about 25% on our conversion rate. The quality of the leads we have now is much better than last year. We’ve had very high goals and we reached them in around 2 or 3 months, so we are very satisfied with their work.

How did Ingenia perform from a project management standpoint?

I have worked with other agencies in the past and, in comparison, Ingenia is amazing. No matter when or at what time I get in touch, they will always be there. I feel that my contact with them is more like with an employee, rather than an external company. The experience has been incredible so far. One of the positives is that we are very close to them; we are always in touch and talk almost daily.

They are very human—they know the name of each of our employees, they know how to communicate, how to ask for things, and the rotation of their employees bears no comparison with other agencies. I have been working with the same person for the whole project and I am very happy with the collaboration.

Social Media Marketing for Film Company

“We were able to implement a regional campaign with a great impact and better costs.”

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Ingenia provided social media marketing services for a film distributor, promoting trailers and the premiere for a campaign. The Facebook-focused work was part of a region-wide campaign across Latin America.

Diamond Films, Latam Marketing Manager

They managed the geographically diverse project effectively and were able to meet all deadlines, while providing personalized, attentive service through their communication and reports. The marketing campaign had a good impact with better metrics in terms of reach and cost compared to previous work.

I work for Diamond Films Latin America. We are films distributors, but the company belongs to a holding that distributes audiovisual content throughout Latin America and now Spain. I am head of regional marketing and am in charge of creating all our campaigns.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia?

The first time I worked with them was in 2017. It was a social media marketing campaign, specifically for Facebook, it was implemented in Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia and Peru.

They managed our regional Facebook for a movie called Valerian, directed by Luc Besson. It involved the promotion of two trailers and the premiere. In this campaign I had an agency division, as it was the first regional campaign we implemented.

They were a team of 5, including an account manager who gave great follow up. During the calls, the manager was always present and some of the rest of the team.

How did you come to work with Ingenia?

I knew of their agency and decided to stay with them because their performance was very good. I compared them with others from Mexico, Argentina, and Panama and they were the ones who convinced me with the numbers.

For the two past campaigns it was about 400,000 pesos [$20,600].

I first started working with them in April 2017 and then again in August. We will be working with them again for the launch of a movie for the Oscars. For that, they will be managing Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube.

With them, we were able to challenge the idea that each country to implement their own campaign. We did some research, taking into account the different regions to compare the numbers with the ones Ingenia gave us. For the reach and cost, they improved our figures and that had a great impact on us. We were able to implement a regional campaign with a great impact and better costs.

How did Ingenia perform from a project management standpoint?

They always met deadlines, even across different time zones. They would always find ways to communicate with me. There was always very good communication and flexibility from their side.

The personalized attention they give is something I am very happy with. They always send reports promptly, as I have to send them to the studios every 24, 48, and 72 hours and they were always on time.

Sometimes on the presentation, I had to ask them to send me open files because I had to copy the numbers onto my own format. The first and second times they didn't, though by the third time I asked, they did. If they had asked which format was best for us, it would had been easier for me to work with the numbers.

Be sure they are precise about the format in which they want the numbers to be sent.

Social Media Marketing for Tech Retail Chain

“They have great knowledge about social media management tools.”

Nov 2017 - Ongoing

Ingenia provides comprehensive social media marketing and analysis on an ongoing basis. They’ve helped create strategies, communications management, and content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube.

1000 - 2000 Employees

Social Media Analyst, Tech Retail Chain

Ingenia offers a multidisciplinary approach that meets all social media needs, as well as strategies that enforce branding with better understanding. Along with a professional and progressive approach, their strong documentation skills and consistent communication continue to impress.

I’m a social media analyst for a chain of retail technology stores. We have 1,200 employees and 31 shops around the country. I’m based in the Mexico City corporate offices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia?

Ingenia assisted with all the communications strategies and social media marketing aimed at finding new followers and sales leads.

We were previously working with another agency, but we decided to switch to Ingenia because they presented a more solid, aligned proposal that met our needs as a brand. They offer Facebook Analytics and Insight, Socialbakers, and Google Analytics services. They are also Google Partners, so they’re creating social listening and research strategies that are really helping us understand the communication with our users.

Ingenia helps us develop the social media strategy, community management, and content for our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. They also assist in providing support for our community and users by responding to their comments and handling direct communications with the brand-related e-commerce orders (among other inquires).

We work with approximately eight of their team members per month. We have a yearly contract, but every month consists of a different project with different teams. We have a project manager, social media head, a couple of community and content managers, creative resources, and designers. We also have a couple of managers and executives who help us lead the strategy according to the changes and needs of the retail market.

How did you come to work with Ingenia?

We chose them because of their cost benefit and because they offered better use of the campaigns of funds acquisitions, which is one of our main growth strategies for 2018. Our yearly budget recommendation was also more optimized with them than other agencies. Ingenia presented a very interesting creative proposal that was very close to what we were looking for as a brand. In terms of cost benefit and communications strategy, they were the agency that best understood our initial briefing.

We started working with them in November 2017. It’s a yearly project from November 2017–2018.

Our goal is to reach an established number of fans, but we don’t have the final result at the moment.

Ingenia has a multidisciplinary focus for what we’re looking for. They’re not just focused on social media and digital marketing, and they include different disciplines and perspectives which allow us to understand our brand and how it fits into digital schemes. Everything they’ve shown us is very interesting regarding the findings and searches for our specific industry, speciality, and how they use them to benefit communication with our audience.

How did Ingenia perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management team is very good and has strong documentation skills. We have a weekly plan that activates creatives daily, so it’s very fluid. We try to communicate all the time from various media forms. It lacks sense of urgency in understanding the business model of the retailer sector in Mexico, but this is part of the learning process.

Their communications, creativity management, and commitment are very good. They have great knowledge about social media management tools such as Socialbakers and social listening.

I consider the lack in sense of urgency as something they are just learning and need to understand about the retail industry, which has daily offers.

They are very professional. I really like their startup spirit, and they have great knowledge about new technologies. They also know how to get into projects from a digital perspective, and are completely aware of the current trends.

There are some areas for improvement in response times.

Platform Development for Online Career Center

"[T]heir level of customer service is indisputably the best."

Nov 2013 - Ongoing

Ingenia Agency has been a vital design and development partner for the last 4 years and initially built an online job platform in only 3 weeks, in time for an important expo. The collaboration is ongoing.

Jesús Fidel Lopez
CMO, OCC Mundial

Ingenia’s involvement is crucial in not only the platform’s success but also in changing the internal team’s perspective of development and design work. The platform has over 3.5 million visitors and 400,000 job applications going through. They’re a trustworthy partner that delivers top quality.

I’m the CMO of OCC Mundial, which is Mexico’s largest online job platform. We have 21 years of experience, we count with 13 million registered candidates at different levels, and more than 7,000 companies trust us for their recruitment processes.

We have several business units, one of them being the job vacancies and an education unit in which we allow our users to continue growing in their careers. We also offer companies digital advertising so that they may capture this qualified target market that we have on the platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ingenia Agency?

Four years ago, we had the idea of changing the way people look for jobs in our country. We wanted to create a type of virtual expo online where people could see the job offers in real time and apply. We also wanted to accomplish this within three weeks.

When we called Ingenia Agency, Pablo [CEO, Ingenia Agency] gave us different options. A team of 10–12 creatives came up with the concept of creating a digital job city—a Sim City-type of platform. Every building in the city has a brand for the companies on the job board; the user can click on buildings, they can enter the companies’ virtual offices, and they can also apply through this city. The recruiter also has a platform to view all the people that apply to their vacancies.

The project has evolved incredibly in the last 4 years and the last expo was the best we’ve had so far. We had three million visitors for the first version of the expo and broke a record in completing the platform in three weeks. We now do this expo twice a year for two weeks each. Today, we have more than 3.5 million visitors and 400,000 applications. We’ve helped more than 600,000 people find jobs with the expos that we have developed together with Ingenia Agency.

Four developers participated on the development side and around 25 people participated in the design process.

How did you come to work with Ingenia Agency?

Around 7–8 years ago, I was working as a digital development director for the Universidad del Valle de Mexico. I met Ingenia there and liked how they presented their material. I was also very interested in how they took care of their own advertising.

When I changed jobs to OCC Mundial, I called Pablo and this job city project idea came up. When they presented the idea of how they pictured the job city and what benefits we would have, we decided that they were the right fit for the project.

We started working with them in November 2013 and it’s an ongoing collaboration. They started with the virtual expo but the quality they deliver up until today has allowed us to give them more projects.

They’re also working with us on a platform for university students called OCC Universitarios for all companies interested in reaching the university student target market. We have a network of 450 universities that collaborate with us on these job boards. We also give them other database projects because we have confidence in their work. Ingenia Agency is the only agency that has the necessary licenses to intervene on high-level projects with us.

An important change for our company that resulted from collaborating with them was that, since we are a digital company, our technology team had the opportunity to diversify the work they did, share that with another company, and change several paradigms that we had.

In less than a month, we developed this online job expo together and this was previously unheard of in our company. We had never developed something at this level in such a short time. Ingenia Agency accomplished this with our team and it changed our management team’s perspective to a can-do way of thinking—projects can be done well and in a short timeframe.

How did Ingenia Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They have different processes to certify and track all changes and work within the project. I was able to see in their office how they developed code, how they had connections between their team, how they were able to meet the certifications they have, and the commitment they have with their established processes.

This agency has impressive design and development quality and really good designers and coders. Also, their level of customer service is indisputably the best. Pablo was always in contact with me and we developed a trustworthy relationship.

There are several areas of opportunity when working with an agency. I can say that in these four years we have worked together, we have evolved so much that we know each other’s way of working and our expectations. I wouldn’t change a thing. Prices are a bit high but it’s nothing that can’t be resolved; Pablo has always been very open to negotiating with us.