Creative Services, Video Production, Digital Media

Indigo Productions is a world-renowned video production company, dedicated to the creation of compelling visual content for corporate, commercial, and entertainment endeavors. We produce dynamic motion pictures for some of the world’s most admired brands and people.

1991
New York, NY
  • Indigo Productions
    250 West 90th St, #15H
    New York, NY 10024

Anheuser-Busch, McGraw Hill, United Nations, Viacom, Columbia University, Salesforce, Bulgari, Kellogg's

Video Production for Teachers' College

“I’d strongly recommend them to anyone who wants a team that engages collaboratively throughout the process.”

Mar. 2016 - Aug. 2018

Indigo Productions produced tutorial videos to familiarize staff with a new software platform. They collaborated on concepts, wrote scripts, and handled all elements of production.

Tony Driton Shala
E-Procurement Manager, Columbia University Teachers College

The team’s expertise, flexibility, and openness resulted in an excellent partnership. They consistently met requirements and delivered sound advice, even in the face of software updates that necessitated production changes.

I’m the e-procurement manager for the purchasing department at Columbia University Teachers College.

What challenge were you trying to address with Indigo Productions?

We started implementing a new e-procurement platform and wanted to create tutorial videos for our users. Our previous production company wasn’t meeting our needs, so we wanted to look for someone new.

They created four videos in the first phase, but we’re going to develop more now that we’ve added new features to our system. The work included coming up with scripts, as well as consulting on our process and making recommendations. Their team has a long history of producing these kinds of videos, so their advice went a long way toward making the project successful.

In terms of the video content, they illustrated exactly how users could engage with our new platform. For example, one video explained how users would receive their goods or services electronically. Indigo Productions walked through the entire process visually and also provided voiceover narration.

There were three team members, including a post-production supervisor and a scriptwriter.

How did you come to work with Indigo Productions?

I received a referral from other clients at the university.

We worked with them from March 2016–August 2018.

We’ve received quite a lot of positive feedback from users within our department, which is why we ended up creating four videos in the first place. People have found them helpful and are interested in coming up with other kinds of video projects as a result.

How did Indigo Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They were always on time with anything we asked for. Our process was fairly complicated because our e-procurement platform went through some global changes—it’s used by around 30 other universities besides ours, so it’s constantly changing. The team was very flexible about updating our scripts and production details as we went along.

Their flexibility and teamwork we excellent. They also have an impressive depth of experience producing these kinds of videos.

No. I’d strongly recommend them to anyone who wants to work with a team that engages collaboratively throughout the process.

Make sure to have open discussion and exchange feedback as the project develops.

Overall Score They were excellent. We’re hoping to use them again in the future.
    They always met our requirements on time or ahead of schedule.
    It was a good investment.
    They’re one of the best I’ve worked with.
    Anyone who uses the will have a good experience.

Broadcast-Quality Video Production of Opera

“Anyone who needs a video would be very lucky to work with them.”

Oct. - Dec. 2017

Indigo filmed and edited a full length, broadcast-quality, multi-camera production of the opera “La Traviata.”

Sarah Faux
Professional Opera Singer

Indigo’s team delivered a world-class video with superior sound engineering and editing. The team is professional and accountable and exceeded expectations across the board. Their careful pre-production and planning helped overcome numerous challenges presented on location at the opera house.

I am a professional opera singer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Indigo Productions?

This was an important production, and it was critical to document it properly.  The completed video has already helped me professionally by leading to additional bookings.

Indigo handled this entire project from beginning to end. The team that they provided has filmed over 100 productions at the Metropolitan Opera, Lincoln Center, and other similar venues so I knew I was in great hands!  They used 3 broadcast-quality cameras and a sophisticated microphone setup in order to capture top caliber video and audio.  The editing was superb as well.​

​​​​​​What is the team composition?

They provided me with a video team which included three camera people, a recording engineer, as well as an editor who I worked with at the end to edit the shoot. Max (Founder, Indigo Productions) was my point person, and he was very responsive and easy to work with.

How did you come to work with Indigo Productions?

I did a Google search and read some of their reviews. I took a look at their website and some samples of their work. I had looked at a couple of places, but Indigo Productions responded to me right away. They understood exactly what I was asking for, and they had done other performances before. They sent me a sample clip of a recording of La traviata they had done previously.

I spent around $20,000.

We worked together from October–December 2017.

I have received an overwhelmingly positive response from the video they did for me, and it has helped me professionally. I was happy with everything. The sound engineering and editing were highlights for me, but the video is also terrific.

How did Indigo Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. They kept me on task, which I appreciated. Max always got back to me right away and was always available on his cell.

I worked very closely with the editor to get exactly what I wanted. It took more editing hours than what we initially budgeted, but they didn’t charge me for those hours, which was terrific.

Their responsiveness and commitment were impressive. They went the extra mile. We negotiated and agreed on the goals, and then they started working so I didn’t have to worry about it as much. I really appreciated that. They took great responsibility for the project. They met and exceeded every deadline. They were really fantastic to work with.

They had a challenging situation because the theater was not equipped for the quality of work they normally do. They took that situation and really exceeded my expectations.

Overall Score They were fantastic. Anyone who needs a video would be very lucky to work with them.
    They were on time or ahead of time.
    I had a very professional crew who were committed to making it the best possible video it could be, and they came in on budget.
    They were incredibly responsive and incredibly professional.
    I felt they were very fair. When we set the budget, that was the budget and they did it.

Video Production for Trade Organization

“Their methodology and set-up ensure that everything goes smoothly. It's fantastic.”

n/a

1993 - Ongoing

Over a 25-year engagement, Indigo Productions has offered film direction and production, editing, animation, and on-air talent. Staff augmentation offered support before the company hired an internal team.

Senior Video Editor, Trade Organization

Indigo Production’s consulting support and involvement designing and building an onsite studio fostered significant company growth. Staff resources are consistently talented and professional. As part of a trusted partnership, the team offers flexible support tailored to vacillating levels of need.

I’m the senior video editor at a trade association. Our annual trade show facilitates business between manufacturers and retailers. We produce video programs that broadcast industry news. Our consumer-based YouTube channel features shopping tips and recipes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Indigo Productions?

Our company has worked with Indigo Productions for 25 years. They initially produced occasional one-off videos and increased to more frequent content around the time I was hired. We expanded our engagement to include larger projects when we took production in-house. We still hire indigo for certain projects.

Our level of engagement fluctuates based on the volume of our work and staffing resources. Their support has been integral to launching and expanding our business. When we first started in-house production, our studio was limited to a small room with a green screen. Indigo’s consultants and engineers had the expertise to set up large-scale equipment when we upgraded our space. Their team designed and set up our spacious new studio. It features four cameras wired to the control room and corresponding apparatuses, as well as audio equipment. Now our team has expanded, we need less direct support.

We film with their team’s news anchor every two months. They provide a cameraman, sound engineer, and director for our quarterly talk show program. They had edited earlier episodes, but now we edit that footage in-house, it’s featured on our YouTube channel. For our annual trade show, they offer set design, filming, and editing footage. They helped us film, direct, and edit a multi-camera recipe cooking show, newer episodes have been done in-house. They also direct, edit, and produce animation for our commercials based on the scripts we provide.

The number of resources we work with varies depending on a project's specific scope. Some projects are as simple as providing news anchor talent. Conversely, they’ll provide several resources to shoot and edit entire videos.

How did you come to work with Indigo Productions?

Our business relationship started before my 10-year tenure at our company.

They first started working with the organization 25 years ago. Our partnership is ongoing. They're working on animation deliverables to integrate into current projects, as well as ongoing future shoots for our news program and talk show program. Provides voice over audio for cooking show program.

Indigo’s consulting services and support building our in-house studio have definitely helped us execute more work internally. The fact that our partnership has lasted so long speaks for itself. They always provide top-notch talent. We've never had an issue with any of their resources or deliverables.

How did Indigo Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They did an excellent job executing the entirety of our largest projects at our trade show. This work included setting up the whole stage, all the cameras, and the editing stations. Their methodology and set-up ensure that everything goes smoothly. It's fantastic.

The thing I most value about Indigo Productions is their staff, whether it is their full-time employees and their freelancers. Every time they bring in staff to work with us, they're always the best.

The projects are scheduled well. When they contribute talent and production resources, everyone shows up on time.
  • N/A Cost
    All their deliverables are great. There's never a lapse in quality of their work. They always get it right or make our requested changes.

Video Production for Global Investment Firm

"They were really hands-on, and that was of great benefit to us."

2014 - 2015

Indigo Productions produced 6 high-end studio videos to explain the client's investment philosophies. They completed many other additional projects between 2014 and 2015.

VP Digital Strategy, Investment Firm

As the client's confidence grew, Indigo gradually worked on more high-profile projects, eventually assisting them with their yearly public global outlook. Indigo was organized, flexible, and accessible.

I oversee video for a global investment firm.

I am the Vice President of Digital Strategy.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Indigo Productions?

We needed to communicate the investment philosophies of some of our products and strategies. We were trying to figure out the best, quickest, and most cost-effective way to do that with video.

They did 6 high-end studio shoots featuring executives at the company. Indigo Productions edited that footage to help explain the philosophy behind what we offer.

How did you come to work with Indigo Productions?

We found them through a chain of tertiary connections. We called Indigo Productions to discuss their services and it seemed like it’d be a good partnership.

We worked with them on a number of projects in 2014 and 2015. Each project was in the range of $50,000.

Those projects are wrapped up.

In the beginning, the videos we did with Indigo Productions were used in a limited release. Over time, we worked with them on more high-profile pieces. When those went well, we ended up using them to work on our public global outlook for the year.

How did Indigo Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

Indigo Productions did well from a project management standpoint. Things were organized and flexible when we needed them to be. From that perspective, it was great to work with them, as that was very important to us.

Is there anything Indigo Productions could have improved or done differently?

No. They were really hands-on, and that was of great benefit to us. I felt like Indigo Productions were accessible all the time, which was super helpful.

They were very cost-effective.